Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-03-2007, 07:39 AM   #441
Rubber Obsessor

You all have been busy. Sure appreciate the ideas. I've been trying to think of Christmas gifts to make. The best sellers lists helped me re-think what I thought would be sure bets. I loved the Christmas Fudge poem. In my family we are ALWAYS running behind. This will get a good laugh. I've been goin' to make fudge for years!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-03-2007, 03:52 PM   #442
Gallery Gazer

My sale was today. I only made $150 this time, but that's pretty good for the sale I did. I didn't have a big seller today. This sale gets repeat customers year after year and someone else was selling altered items as well. Anyways my results.

2 lunch box tins with covered notebook, matching, pen and two cards at $15
1 crayon box at $6
5 kid tins with notebook and crayons at $4
1 card keeper at $4
7-8 Toothfairy boxes at $4
1 color me card kit at $2
3-4 paperclip bookmarks at $1
10-12 mini composition books at $2
5 sets of coasters at $10
15-20 cards at $2 each or 6 for $10

I think that's it. These results are accurate, I think. I didn't write them down , so it is from memory. I am so tired, but it was fun! I hope everyone else did well. Good luck to all those who have them coming up soon!
Old 11-03-2007, 05:57 PM   #443
Insane Embellisher

Good job Tracy. Hope everyone else did good too.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:00 PM   #444
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via Yahoo to lisajtmo
Default Candy bar sliders?

Has anyone sold candy bar sliders / pullups? I'm wondering what to charge for mine. I figured out that the Hershey bar costs me about 40 cents. The paper, etc., doesn't add up to much more (I got paper 1/2 price at HL and I get 4 sliders per 12X12 sheet) but there is the time element. I was thinking of $1.25. I'd really like to charge $1.50. What do you all charge?
The ones I made were like these: http://kwernerdesign.com/blog/2007/0...ar-slider.html
only instead of a tag, I just added a stamped and colored image to the wrapper.

Thanks,
Lisa
Old 11-03-2007, 07:10 PM   #445
Rubber Obsessor

Well I had day one of my two day show today! I did ok, not as good as I had hoped. There seemed to be pretty many shoppers though. I don't have my list because I left it at my booth but I can give you a rough idea of some of the things I sold.

1 At the Beach mini scrapbook @ $20.00
1 Christmas mini scrapbook @ $15.00
About 8 cards at $2.50 or 5 for $10
5 Toothfairy tins @ $3.50
2 acrylic frame calendars and 1 acrylic post it holder @ $4.00
2 altered frames at $10.00
2 bags of Christmas tags @ $2.50
5 snowman soup @ $1.50
2 monogram ornaments @ $2.50
3 or 4 folder notepad things (they are the only thing in my gallery) @ $4.50
1 notecube @ $4.50
1 or 2 photo albums @ $3.50

I didn't sell any tile magnets, tile coasters, purse totes or checkbook covers.

There might have been a couple of other things but I can't remember...I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow!

Oh, I got to meet a fellow SCSer today "adaisygrl07". We were at the same craft fair...she had some great stuff! Great to meet you Kristen, good luck tomorrow!
Old 11-03-2007, 07:30 PM   #446
Insane Embellisher

Default Snowman soup, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flutterbug View Post
I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can find out how to make "snowman soup" and stress survival kits...I can't seem to find them anywhere..
My favorite site for stuff like that is OrganizedChristmas.com. Right now, "Turkey Poop" is featured on the front page and there's a link to related items (like Snowman Soup).

HTH
Old 11-03-2007, 07:35 PM   #447
Insane Embellisher

Default Pricing for altered frames?

I made two kinds. I made Christmas ones with those pine frames Michaels puts on sale for $1. Used Basic Grey paper and some embellishments - ribbon and/or prisma glitter on each. I was thinking of charging $3 for those.

The other kind were the MDF ones that Mikes and HL carries. I used Basic Grey and The Angel Company paper. One has no embellishments because it's masculine, but the other has Prisma flowers and the third one has ribbon. I was going to charge $6 for those. I buy the MDF frames with a coupon, but they're still about $2.50 each.

Thanks! I have a show tomorrow and am in complete panic mode about everything, especially pricing!!
Old 11-05-2007, 05:03 AM   #448
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisajtmo View Post
Has anyone sold candy bar sliders / pullups? I'm wondering what to charge for mine. I figured out that the Hershey bar costs me about 40 cents. The paper, etc., doesn't add up to much more (I got paper 1/2 price at HL and I get 4 sliders per 12X12 sheet) but there is the time element. I was thinking of $1.25. I'd really like to charge $1.50. What do you all charge?
The ones I made were like these: http://kwernerdesign.com/blog/2007/0...ar-slider.html

Thanks,
Lisa
Lisa,
Those are too adorable. I would probably sell them $1.50 at least. If you see that they are not selling, knock down the price a little.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:19 AM   #449
Rubber Obsessor

Well my two day sale is finally over! Although I have another 1 day sale coming up on the 17th. I did alright. I made a total of $293 but the booth cost me $75. I already posted how I did the first day so I'll tell you how I did yesterday.

I sold a couple toothfairy tins
one or two mini scrapbooks (at $15-20)
3 color me cards
a few christmas tags
some snowman soup (and may have an order for 30 more)
a name frame
a name frame with the school mascots name in it (panthers)
a couple acrylic calendars
a couple of notecubes
about 10 cards

I was really surprised at how my cards didn't sell. Over two days I only sold about 20 cards. I usually do better with those. Some other things that didn't sell at all...magnets, coasters (had about 7 sets and didn't sell any). I didn't sell any bookmarks or checkbook covers either.

Good luck to everyone that has theirs this coming weekend.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:27 AM   #450
Gallery Gazer

Congrats on your sale Heidi! I am thinking of having a sale out of my home with what I have left. Has anyone ever done this and had success? I would love to hear about it. Thanks!
Old 11-05-2007, 06:22 AM   #451
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via Yahoo to rhoshoun

Quote:
Originally Posted by twyant View Post
Congrats on your sale Heidi! I am thinking of having a sale out of my home with what I have left. Has anyone ever done this and had success? I would love to hear about it. Thanks!
Home open houses are great you would have to advertise a lot to get some traffic but this is the best time of year and if you have some friends that make jewelry or other handmade items that doesn't match with your items you could set them up a table and have them advertise as well. But the key is getting it out there and it could be very promising as well.

Last edited by rhoshoun; 11-05-2007 at 06:46 AM..
Old 11-05-2007, 07:12 AM   #452
Pearl-ExPert

I had my craft sale this weekend too, and did very well, for what I had. Made about $250 - made about the same at my first sale I did. But it is funny what sells at one sale and what sells at the next. Cards really didn't go very well but I didn't put a lot of time in making a bunch for the sale - read so many threads on here that said they don't go very well but I opted for different things. My bookmarks out of paperclips did very well - did better at the first sale, but still sold about 10 at this one. I moved them to the front of the table because I wasn't sell ANY, then they started going. I guess where things are placed makes a huge difference. I sold out of nugget boxes at both sales, so if you are thinking of having a sale, I'd say make a bunch of those. I did the eight piece ones, sold them for $1.75 - at the first sale, I added a card to the pack and sold the set for $3.00. Card matched the nugget box but made it fairly simple so I'd make something on the set. Coasters didn't go as well as I thought they would, sold one at this sale sold two at the other (to my sister but that still counts!). The things that sold so well that surprised me were the file folder planners (I posted a link before here). I sold about 9 of them at $5 a piece- put in some gift and card lists, memo book (some I had laying around the house - sort of like scratch pads). People went crazy for those things! The other thing that went really well at both sales were the little nugget tents - people were using them as place settings for their tables for the holidays. So if you make them, tell that to people who are looking at them. I got the idea from a customer, used it on a customer later and sold a bunch with that idea. I sold them for 25 cents each.

Kids coloring cards went OK too, had five cards with a little pack of crayons (found a great big new box in my house so I just picked out colors put five in a little bag) - sold them for $5 a set and sold three of them.

I forgot about the notebooks that Rah4mu posted above - those are a nice idea too - maybe I'll make a couple of those for my next (and really my last for the year) sale.

I'm doing one more since I have stuff left over from this sale. The only things I plan on restocking are the nugget boxes (making a ton of them because I can use them as gifts too), more of the file folder planners, nugget tents and covered thin mints (take a thin mint, stamp out a little picture, punch with circle, layer with circle or scallop circle and glue to top). Those are cute and I think they will sell like the nugget tents did. I'm also making more reindeer poop (poem on this site = candy topper with milk duds, whoppers, or whatever you want to put in it) - I have reindeer food left over.

Mary
Old 11-05-2007, 07:39 AM   #453
Rubber Obsessor

I've heard that the rule of thumb in pricing is 3 times the material costs if the item is fairly simple. When the time element must be factored in, it is a good idea to know exactly how long production took. Does anyone jot down material costs and time for their products? I know cards in the gallery are rated according to difficulty but some are so wonderfully elaborate I tend to be intimidated by the prospect of trying the technique and style. The better ready-mades are really expensive these days and they are machine generated! Do people who attend craft shows value the custom made factor? I'm wondering if the money generated from the show receipts reported are worth the time and effort -- as an income generator. I gather there are other reasons why participation is worthwhile. I'd love to hear the responses. My husband is a marvelously talented woodturner and will be hitting local craft fairs and festivals when he retires in January. Friends and family have suggested I sell my things too so I am really needing advice. Thanks, Linda
Old 11-05-2007, 09:22 AM   #454
Cardstock Collector

Default My first craft fair...

Hi all...
I had a craft show this weekend, and at least made my table money back and a little more. The table was 30.00 and I made 82.00 profit.
Sold 6 boxed sets of cards with 5-6 cards in each for 15.00 = 90.00
2 Color your own card kits for 5.00 each = 10.00
1 ornament for 5.00 and 1 small art piece for 7.00

Everyone that looked at the cards were very complimentary and loved the embellishments, and I had a number of people asking about sets that were all 'thank you'.

I recommend to anyone selling cards to consider your geography - since I am in Colorado and many people are very outdoorsy, I had lots of people especially interested in cards with nature and wildlife type cards. I thought this was interesting, because I didn't really consider it beforehand.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:36 AM   #455
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks for the tip. I would never have considered it either. We have a vacation home in the mountains of Georgia and will be doing local shows from that location. Mountains, bears, streams, waterfalls and trees need to be a central theme for me. I need to be on the lookout for the appropriate stamps. Also some paper and embellishments in "earthy" colors.

Noticed many commenting about how each show is different. I'll try to talk to some vendors and try to get a "read" on the typical visitor to the various events. I guess the time of year is a big factor too. I am such a novice!
Old 11-05-2007, 11:27 AM   #456
Embossing Fanatic

Hi, Mary --
Could you tell me what the nugget boxes and kids coloring cards are?
Thanks!
Noreen
Old 11-05-2007, 01:03 PM   #457
Hardware Hotshot

I did pretty well at my show this weekend. I sold $200 worth. There wasn't one real big seller, just a smattering of things here and there. I sold NO nugget boxes and only one set of coasters. I was kind of surprised since many others on these threads have had great success with them. At least I still have two more fairs to sell them at.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:15 AM   #458
Pearl-ExPert

Momx3boys: Here is the thread for the nugget boxes: Nugget boxes of all sizes!
she has figured out lots of sizes - if you do a search for them, I'm sure you will find lots to look at (probably some in her gallery too!).

Here is a sample of a kids coloring card: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&condition=and
I put my crayons in a little baggie (that you use for bag toppers).

Sassybee: Do you think there is ANY one thing that would sell at every craft sale?? Its so weird, some things will sell so well for some, and then they won't sell for anyone else. I made mailboxes (those from Target - I had bought a bunch and had some left over). I made a bunch for Halloween and Christmas, and a baby one. I thought they were so cute (just the idea for a box for a gift even let alone a decoration), put $5 on them and my friends bought a bunch but no 'strangers' did. They all picked them up and said 'oh how cute' but put them right back down. Oh well - I sold the rest to friends so I guess its all good.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:50 AM   #459
Insane Embellisher

At our show, what sold best were candy bar sliders ($1.25), although they were purchased (about 15 of them) by 2 ladies. Never sold another one the rest of the day. Sold all 4 of my wooden Christmas frames (cheap pine frames Michals puts on sale for $1, covered with some Basic Grey Christmas paper I'd bought a long time ago, embellished with prismaglitter, ribbon, tags, etc.). Sold those for $3, which I think is why they went fast. A friend sold a bunch of marble magnets (those large flat glass "marbles" with a stamped image glued underneath so it showed through the marble with a magnet on the back).

There was a time when I could not keep tumbled tile coasters and trivets in stock. Didn't sell a one.

We sold a few cards, but not many. ($2.50 each, or 5 for $10. Had some bundled at 6 for $10.)

I did sell a few domino pins/magnets at $2 each. (Had some with snowmen and some with a woman from a discontinued vintage set.)

I have a vendor table up at a local CURVES (part of their "12 weeks of Christmas" celebration), so I'll see what's selling there when I check my table tonight.

HTH,
Old 11-06-2007, 04:34 PM   #460
Compulsive Stamper

Send a message via Yahoo to TiffanyLael
Default Cheap candy

Quote:
The ones I made were like these:

Thanks,
Lisa
Lisa,
You could probably get $1.50 out of them. To help you cut your costs, try buying the candy from the bulk bins at your local super market. Now is a good time to get Halloween candy on sale too.

Happy Stamping!
Lael
Old 11-06-2007, 06:56 PM   #461
Stampin' Fool

i've made yet another project for my craft fair. I can't believe that it is this Saturday! I still have so much to do. Here's a link to the giftcard envelopes that i made. they are easy and they came out really cute. I hope they sell, cause i made about 20 of them today, using all different kind of paper. the view on the top is the inside of the envelope. I also made some for the holiday using the dp dashing paper, and on the inside it says, Happy Holidays!
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=89414
Old 11-07-2007, 08:11 PM   #462
Crimping Master

Quote:
Did you remember to add in the ribbon? That can really add up.

I sell these for $2 and don't have any problems selling between 40-60 in a day. Many people were buying 5 or more bars.

I buy the Hershey bars at BJ's Wholesale Club.

One observation though. I think the sliders in the pictures are really cute! A friend made really cute sliders like that and hardly sold any. Her's were so much nicer than mine, so I was quite surprised. Mine were very simple. I just rolled the cardstock with the same colored ink, then added the Christmas Fudge poem to the front, printed black ink on white cardstock, then added a tag. The only reason I can think of why I sold so many (2 years in a row) was because of that poem (many thanks to the author!!).

Have fun!
Old 11-08-2007, 07:01 AM   #463
Pearl-ExPert

Candy question:: For the sliders, are you using the 'regular' sized candy bars, you know the ones that you would buy at a check out lane - that size. And for the Christmas Fudge, are you using the bigger bars, bigger than the check out size and bigger than King Size - I think they are half a pound size? I think they are about 4 inches across and about 6 inches long??
Old 11-08-2007, 07:04 AM   #464
Rubber Obsessor

Default Coaster question

I have a friend who owns a coffee shop. She has asked me to make tile coasters for her brand new tables (that are getting messed up from the heat of the coffee). Has anyone actually used their coasters before? I have made some but I haven't tested them with anything hot yet. Also, what kind of sealer do you all use? I want to have these done soon but I want to make sure that they are going to hold up to the heat of the coffee!

Thanks,
Old 11-08-2007, 07:19 AM   #465
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via Yahoo to rhoshoun

What size cards is everyone using to sell for $2- $3.00 ?

Last edited by rhoshoun; 11-08-2007 at 07:23 AM..
Old 11-08-2007, 07:53 AM   #466
Rubber Obsessor

Card size is 4 1/4 by 5 1/2...that's what I use.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:47 AM   #467
Pearl-ExPert

I made tiles last year and sealed with a sealer spray - Krylon I believe. My brother uses his ALL THE TIME and they have held up to everything they put on them. I just did a couple of light sprays on them after I stamped.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:56 AM   #468
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrussom View Post
Candy question:: For the sliders, are you using the 'regular' sized candy bars, you know the ones that you would buy at a check out lane - that size. And for the Christmas Fudge, are you using the bigger bars, bigger than the check out size and bigger than King Size - I think they are half a pound size? I think they are about 4 inches across and about 6 inches long??
I don't know about the other ladies, but my sliders and Christmas Fudge are one & the same. (I put the fudge poem on the front of the slider.) I only use the standard size bars (55 g). This is what I sell for $2 each.

I know that sounds like a lot but, when you figure it all out, there is a lot that goes into them (chocolate, paper, adhesive, ribbon, time) Also, and I know this is going to sound really strange, sometimes I think that people would rather buy the item that costs more, especially if there are a lot of the same item in the display. I'm not sure why. 2 years ago I did a craft fair. I had handmade jewelry out, not priced too high. There was another lady who had very similar jewelry, much more expensive, and she had tons of it. A few people told me my things were made better, and I also had some sterling findings, she did not. Well, she did really well and had a lot of customers; I did not.
Last year at the craft fair, a lady next to me had nugget purses 3 for $1. She had maybe 2-3 dozen on display. I had mine priced at 50 cents each. I had maybe 5-6 dozen. At first I was really upset because I don't make much profit on these, and I really did not want to lower my price. I started writing up a new sign, then remembered the jewelry incident from the previous year, so I left my price at 50 cents each. I'm glad I did not lower the price; I sold almost every one. She still had some left at the end of the day.

So, someone that understands psychology can explain to us why this happens, because I sure don't get it!
Old 11-08-2007, 09:47 AM   #469
Insane Embellisher

I am so excited. My first craft fair is on Saturday. I get to go set up for it tomorrow night. I need to work on some more stuff though. So I better go do that.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:48 AM   #470
Rubber Obsessor

I don't have a solid answer for buyer response, but I did study marketing years ago. Buyer perception is everything. Color and presentation is paramount in packaging -- and display. I really don't know why, but it makes a difference. Certain colors are preceived to denote elegance and class. When people buy products for others they are sending a message to the recipient that they "cared enough to send the very best." There is a lot of market research out there -- somewhere. This might make a good thread theme. Frankly we don't need experts, stampers who retail have a lot of experience they can share. Since this is the season for a lot of craft fairs and festivals, maybe we can start noticing booths and get some ideas. I am thinking about taking pictures of just the outside of booths to see what might draw a person in -- or turn them off.

Please let me know if there are any reference materials concerning this. I am now interested in doing some research. I've been thinking about the "why's" since the thread started. Since my husband and I will be starting to hit the circuit, I want to be prepared and knowledgeable.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:51 AM   #471
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
I made tiles last year and sealed with a sealer spray - Krylon I believe. My brother uses his ALL THE TIME and they have held up to everything they put on them. I just did a couple of light sprays on them after I stamped.
Thanks so much. I just wanted to make sure they weren't going to stick to the cup or anything since the cups will be hot.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:17 AM   #472
Pearl-ExPert

Rah4mu - actually that was the one comment he made to me - that they don't stick - they have other 'store bought' ones and they always stick to the cups. But those store bought ones are way more shiny than the porous ones, even with a bit of a sealer on them. I also baked mine before sealing. I couldn't tell by the threads whether you should or not but I thought, what the heck and did so. Lightened the colors only a bit. Although I'm sure I didn't have to with the sealer on it.

And Barbaranee- how did you get that poem on a regular sized candy bar?? I had trouble getting it on a bigger bar to begin with. Maybe you are using a shortened version? I'm going to go look and see if you have a gallery and play with that this weekend. I did the fudge on the bigger bars, sold some at $3. Nothing too fancy, just patterned paper I got from Michaels, wrapped around with a tag and the poem on the front. But everyone sure thought they were cute and funny.

And I don't know anything about marketing. I have a brother who has a masters degree in business so I usually have him come and give me some advice after i set up the table. But I did move some things around during the middle of the last sale - my bookmarks were not selling (and had gone like crazy on the last one) so I moved them to the front of the table and wham - started selling them to everyone who came by. So if things aren't selling and you think they should or have in the past, try putting them in a different location, close to the front. Worked for me.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:25 AM   #473
Stampin' Fool

My sil and I are getting ready for our craft fair in 2 days. OMG, where did the time go. We have a ton of stuff, at least i think we do, and we keep making more...we'll take pictures and i'll post what we brought and what we sold when it's all over.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:49 AM   #474
Rubber Obsessor

mrussom--thanks for the info...I feel better about them now!

Lorraine--good luck with your sale!
Old 11-09-2007, 05:21 AM   #475
Embossing Fanatic

Default Craft Sale Best Sellers

I have subscribed to this thread so I don't miss anything-it's wonderful! I have a craft fair tomorrow-I like the idea of doing door prize slips and the winner receives a FREE stamping or scrapbooking party with at least 6 of their friends!
(and of course, everyone wins!)

What I'm wondering, do you advertise that this is what the prize is-or if someone asks me what the prize is-do I tell them? Or is it to be kept a surprise?

Last edited by debvg; 11-09-2007 at 05:23 AM.. Reason: visit my blog: http://debbiestamps.com
Old 11-09-2007, 06:08 AM   #476
Kookie Creator

Quote:
And Barbaranee- how did you get that poem on a regular sized candy bar?? I had trouble getting it on a bigger bar to begin with. Maybe you are using a shortened version? I'm going to go look and see if you have a gallery and play with that this weekend. I did the fudge on the bigger bars, sold some at $3. Nothing too fancy, just patterned paper I got from Michaels, wrapped around with a tag and the poem on the front. But everyone sure thought they were cute and funny.
I have attached a Word file that I used to make the Christmas Fudge bars this year. I used the smaller bars that come 6 to a package at Wal-Mart. I was able to trim it and mat it with cardstock and it fit fine. Be aware there is an extra line in the middle of the poem. I did that so I could tie a thin ribbon around the bar and the poem wasn't hard to read, as you can see in the picture. If you plan to do something else, just delete that blank line. Also, there are two pages. On the last page is the just the poem not in table format. That is just for me to use if I want to play with the font, color and size. Just delete it if you aren't concerned about that.

I sold quite a few of the bars at a craft sale. I used milk chocolate and dark chocolate and both sold pretty well. I priced them at $2.00 each. I think next year I will do small, medium and large versions and see which sells best. I would charge $2.00, $3.00 and $5.00. The only reason I consider that is because some people might want a smaller size for a teacher or kid's friend, but might like a larger size for a neighbor or family member. I never make a large number, but people seem to get a kick out of them.
Attached Thumbnails
candy-bar.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: doc Christmas Fudge.doc (94.0 KB, 438 views)
Old 11-09-2007, 07:26 AM   #477
Cardstock Collector

Default Christmas Fudge

I use this shortened version...

A day or two ago,
I thought Id make a treat
For all my relatives & friends,
A tasty gift to eat!

My intentions were top notch,
But my schedule would not budge.
Hence, here is this year's version of
Homemade Christmas Fudge

Cassie
Old 11-09-2007, 07:34 AM   #478
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks for the info on the candy bar size and the poems you use!
Old 11-09-2007, 11:00 AM   #479
Crimping Master

I just finished my second and last craft sale of the season. Was pleased at both. First sale was at a retirement complex,usually sell $50 or so,this year I sold $123.5 Sale at work usually $250-300,this year $475. Did have more invintory this year did tile coasters,magnets,coco and homemade fudge in addition to the regulars. Did also get additional orders for aprox $40 so it was good.
No real best sellers,my cards did ok at both sales,I sell them indavidually and have them seperated into catagories. No rime or reason as to what sells. Was very anxious about the hommade fudge,sold it for $1.50,would have loved to ask $2 but you have to think of the clientell. Sold only 2 at the first sale and at the second sold 58 with a request of 10 over the phone. I made 75 and was anxious that they would not sell after the first sale. Did coco packs that did well at both,pens did poorly at 1st,great at 2nd,...sold out at both last year. Used dark solid green table cloth this year and the baskets I use every year. Having enough space on your table is very important so people can SEE your stuff, don't over stock,re stock as supplys are sold.
You just don't know,the tiles I had both sets and indaviduals,both did well,magnets for .50 did poorly sold 7 all together.
All in all,I do it because I love it and I get great satisfaction from it. If I am able to sell it and recoop my cost I am happy,I feel I did and just placed a stamp order to TREAT myself.
Good luck ladies,remember smile and enjoy yourself,enjoy the praise as you deserve it.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:47 PM   #480
Polyshrink Goddess

Smile Great Tips/Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbiejo View Post
I just finished my second and last craft sale of the season. Was pleased at both. First sale was at a retirement complex,usually sell $50 or so,this year I sold $123.5 Sale at work usually $250-300,this year $475. Did have more invintory this year did tile coasters,magnets,coco and homemade fudge in addition to the regulars. Did also get additional orders for aprox $40 so it was good.
No real best sellers,my cards did ok at both sales,I sell them indavidually and have them seperated into catagories. No rime or reason as to what sells. Was very anxious about the hommade fudge,sold it for $1.50,would have loved to ask $2 but you have to think of the clientell. Sold only 2 at the first sale and at the second sold 58 with a request of 10 over the phone. I made 75 and was anxious that they would not sell after the first sale. Did coco packs that did well at both,pens did poorly at 1st,great at 2nd,...sold out at both last year. Used dark solid green table cloth this year and the baskets I use every year. Having enough space on your table is very important so people can SEE your stuff, don't over stock,re stock as supplys are sold.
You just don't know,the tiles I had both sets and indaviduals,both did well,magnets for .50 did poorly sold 7 all together.
All in all,I do it because I love it and I get great satisfaction from it. If I am able to sell it and recoop my cost I am happy,I feel I did and just placed a stamp order to TREAT myself.
Good luck ladies,remember smile and enjoy yourself,enjoy the praise as you deserve it.

Your comment about the table cloth color was good! I have been thinking of my display alot too! I think my color mix would be best reflected on a dark color as well and have a dk blue table cloth! I hope to do as good as you on my sale! Congratulations!