Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2010, 02:16 PM   #4361
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by imlynne View Post
Nikki, I fussed a bit with the verse you mentioned needed 'tweaking'. Here is what I came up with:

Elf Pillows
Santa came early
With all his elf fellows.
Since you were asleep
They left little elf pillows.
I LOVE IT! It flows so much better. Thank you! I like it a lot, lot, better now

You ladies are so great!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-02-2010, 02:17 PM   #4362
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by patscrap View Post
Just to let everyone know, Staples has the pack of 5 RSVP pens on sale for $1.00 this week. Walgreens has the 3 pack of legal pads, both regular and mini, 3 for $1.00. I have not been yet, but saw them in their ads for this week.

Hope this helps!

Pat
Thank you Pat! I badly need RSVP pens!
Old 08-02-2010, 02:25 PM   #4363
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Ladies, me again

We are doing a couple of fall shows before the Christmas season so I wanted some gimmicky treats like my elf pillows, etc.

I found some small snack size bags of candy corn so I am going to make those into Jack-O-Lantern seeds. Trying to come up with a poem, so if anyone has any ideas I am totally open!

Also I am wanting to make more Halloween/Fall type items like that but I just can't think at the moment what I would make. I know Butterscotch candies come wrapped so I could use those, they are orange and kind of fall. But I don't know what "gimmick" to pair it with. Any ideas?

I also really want to do some Hannakuh things like I have for Christmas. I would need blue or white candy that is pre wrapped or packaged and then something fun to call it...I know they do chocolate coins so I could always use those too. Any ideas there?

Thanks to all you great ladies!

And I too love the idea of the shopping list. I'm also going to be making the postcards like suggested here with a listing of all our fall/winter shows and a coupon if they come to another show. Great way to get repeat business!
Old 08-02-2010, 02:29 PM   #4364
Matboard Maniac

Default big paper clip bookmarks

I tried a book mark or 2 but have a question. When you look at the top where the scalloped circles are back to back, does it look bad because you can see the paperclips under the scallops. Do you try to hide them?
Old 08-02-2010, 02:31 PM   #4365
Matboard Maniac

Did someone post the shopping list?

Also, one year I used candy corns for vampire teeth.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:36 PM   #4366
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Did someone post the shopping list?

Also, one year I used candy corns for vampire teeth.
Oh good idea there too! Thanks!
Old 08-02-2010, 02:39 PM   #4367
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsbynikki View Post
Thanks! I wonder if I can find some green candy that is pre-packaged...good idea, tfs!
I got packages of m&m's from Walmart- they have each individual color- red, green, blue, pink ect. You could probably use jelly beans as well?

ALL NEW!! As of 6/20/11 http://stamperstacey.blogspot.com/
Old 08-02-2010, 02:52 PM   #4368
Compulsive Stamper

Hi ladies. Hope you don't mind me butting in. I've been following this thread for a long time, marvelling at all yoru fabulous ideas. I have a question that I just can't find the answer to and wonder if you can help.

When you use pegboard or hinged boards on your table for your display, how do you make sure it doesn't fall over? I would love to have one on my table but fear it will fall over onto everything or someone. By the way, I envy that in the US the norm is to have booths and what would over here be classed as very large scale events. Here the norm is one 6 foot table for about 20 per day!
Old 08-02-2010, 03:16 PM   #4369
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrussom View Post
I forgot about calendars and I'm doing those too for the sale. The coaster kind - I use coasters for the outside and cut 4x4 cardstock for the pages - I find lots of fun calendar templates on here. Those sell very well and are pretty easy to do. I stopped stamping on them, just use designer paper so they don't take too long to do.

'Somewhere' on this site (I think this is where I saw it) someone posted a place where you could order tile from - it was a whiter tile, but it was flat - not full of holes - and shipping was free and it was pretty much what we paid for them at the stores. Anyone remember seeing that and can lead me to where it was? I'm going to search for it too. I didn't see it on the threads here when I went through them.
Oh no, Lowes discontinued selling... If I copied and pasted this correctly it is the thread that I think you are talking about for the tiles.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:20 PM   #4370
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitysmom View Post
ALERT!!!

Staples has a package of (5) RSVP Pens for $1.00.
BUT - Limit is 2 per day...so make a couple trips or bring a few friends!

Have Fun!
Thanks for the alert. I was able to stop and get some today. Had 2 people with me so I could get 6 packs. This really helps. I forgot to ask how long the sale is on. Do you know?
Old 08-02-2010, 03:29 PM   #4371
Matboard Maniac

Mary, can you tell me a little bit more about how you do your calendars? Any pictures?
Old 08-02-2010, 03:29 PM   #4372
Polyshrink Goddess

Has anyone ever had little plastic bins like you can get at the dollar store and used them for shopping baskets. I thought about having some this year. I have noticed when ladies start picking up all the small items that I have in plastic bags that it is hard for them to hold on to everything and still have a free hand to keep looking. I know I like a basket when I shop. Maybe with a free hand they will continue to look more and buy more. Just thought I would give it a try. Maybe put the shopping list with the baskets on ideas of who to shop for.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:46 PM   #4373
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhb1281 View Post
Has anyone ever had little plastic bins like you can get at the dollar store and used them for shopping baskets. I thought about having some this year. I have noticed when ladies start picking up all the small items that I have in plastic bags that it is hard for them to hold on to everything and still have a free hand to keep looking. I know I like a basket when I shop. Maybe with a free hand they will continue to look more and buy more. Just thought I would give it a try. Maybe put the shopping list with the baskets on ideas of who to shop for.
That would be a neat idea. I know Dollar Tree had some small baskets with collapsible handles so they could all stack up nicely when not being used

Altered by Jenn
Old 08-02-2010, 04:12 PM   #4374
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Oh no, Lowes discontinued selling... If I copied and pasted this correctly it is the thread that I think you are talking about for the tiles.

YES thats it. Post 21 in the thread talks about it from Amazon.com

MY GALLERY
Old 08-02-2010, 04:19 PM   #4375
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Mary, can you tell me a little bit more about how you do your calendars? Any pictures?

I have a picture in my gallery. I get the calendar from Cat here, she has a bunch of templates in the download/template forum. I used CD calendar for mine.

Covered 4x4 cardboard coasters (even cardstock would work but it needs to be thick). Cut 4x4 cardstock and decorate with patterned paper - you can add stamped images for that month but I didn't the last time. You can put hald a year on the front and the other half on the back - I've done it both ways.

Let me know if you need more info.

MY GALLERY
Old 08-02-2010, 04:21 PM   #4376
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
I have been selling a lot of "Glee" and Peace Signs/Girly Notebooks lately! Also, last year I did sell quite a few Holiday Planners made with comp notebooks at my early fall shows. I attached a package of 6 punched tabs so that they could organize and divide it however they wanted. I'll see if I can dig up some pix of them...sold them for $6.00.

I don't think that I will be selling the beaded RSVP pens with them this year....last fall I sold them better on their own than I did as a set...I guess because with the beaded pens that pushed them over 5.00? Maybe I can find a cheaper alternative to the beaded pens?

Did you (or can you) post a Glee notebook? Did you find paper or a stamp?? I'd like to see if you can share.

MY GALLERY
Old 08-02-2010, 07:02 PM   #4377
Matboard Maniac

Mary, on your coaster calendars, are you just putting 2 pages in them? 6 months per page, or one page per month?
Old 08-02-2010, 07:15 PM   #4378
Crimping Master

Quote:
Did you (or can you) post a Glee notebook? Did you find paper or a stamp?? I'd like to see if you can share.
I only have a pix of the Glee notebooks before I finished them with the embellies....not all that special looking at this point...not sure why I didn't take a pix when they were done??? {sigh} I added some 3D music notes that I cut on my cricut and ribbon etc to the finished ones.
100_5141.jpg

I bought the digital images on Etsy and pieced them into strips for that collage effect. They lady that I purchased them from isn't selling digital images anymore, but I bet you can find more on there now.

Hope that helps!
Beth
Old 08-02-2010, 07:46 PM   #4379
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
YES thats it. Post 21 in the thread talks about it from Amazon.com
Does anyone know if you only get 9 tiles for this price?

Thanks

Stacey

ALL NEW!! As of 6/20/11 http://stamperstacey.blogspot.com/
Old 08-02-2010, 08:01 PM   #4380
Matboard Maniac

Mary, I love your chipboard coaster calendar!

Last edited by Krafty*Kate; 08-02-2010 at 08:04 PM..
Old 08-02-2010, 08:11 PM   #4381
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
GREAT IDEA!!!
Old 08-02-2010, 09:01 PM   #4382
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Mary, on your coaster calendars, are you just putting 2 pages in them? 6 months per page, or one page per month?

One month per page - but you can put another month on the back if you want. I don't think I did that though, since a wrong month would be displayed from behind. So I had 12 pages plus front and back coasters, punched at top with rings to hold it together. They stand up when you flip it open. Really easy and I usually sell them for around $5 or more and sell a lot of them.

MY GALLERY
Old 08-02-2010, 09:02 PM   #4383
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krafty*Kate View Post
Mary, I love your chipboard coaster calendar!

Thanks!

MY GALLERY
Old 08-02-2010, 09:03 PM   #4384
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
I only have a pix of the Glee notebooks before I finished them with the embellies....not all that special looking at this point...not sure why I didn't take a pix when they were done??? {sigh} I added some 3D music notes that I cut on my cricut and ribbon etc to the finished ones.
Attachment 192265

I bought the digital images on Etsy and pieced them into strips for that collage effect. They lady that I purchased them from isn't selling digital images anymore, but I bet you can find more on there now.

Hope that helps!
Beth

Very cute!

MY GALLERY
Old 08-02-2010, 09:08 PM   #4385
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsskgilbert View Post
Does anyone know if you only get 9 tiles for this price?

Thanks

Stacey

Yes nine. It shows nine and in description it says it covers a square foot - 3 tiles that are 4 x 4 so that should be right. Free shipping so I think I'm giving it a try. I'm sick of digging through them and still getting ones I cant use.

MY GALLERY
Old 08-03-2010, 03:52 AM   #4386
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Thanks for the alert. I was able to stop and get some today. Had 2 people with me so I could get 6 packs. This really helps. I forgot to ask how long the sale is on. Do you know?
The Staples sale runs through Saturday, but they do tend to run out of things.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:15 AM   #4387
Hardware Hotshot

Not sure how many other Canadian gals are following this thread, but I thought I'd post that Dollarama has the mini gel pens out with their school supplies now. 6 pens for $1. Pretty good deal! They also had some great new embellishments with their craft supplies. I got rhinestone letter stickers and a bunch of lace trim.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:23 AM   #4388
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks Linda. I was hoping it was a week special. I am still out of town visiting my daughter and not sure we will get back to her staples today. Going home tomorrow and will check mine. Does everyone get the differant colored mini gel pens or just black. The only ones I have seen 6 for $1 are the multi colored ones. I would like some mini pens in just black at a good price. Has anyone found mini pens in just black at a good price?
Old 08-03-2010, 06:28 AM   #4389
Polyshrink Goddess

Can you tell me where you find cardboard coasters?

Thanks!

Pat

Quote:
I have a picture in my gallery. I get the calendar from Cat here, she has a bunch of templates in the download/template forum. I used CD calendar for mine.

Covered 4x4 cardboard coasters (even cardstock would work but it needs to be thick). Cut 4x4 cardstock and decorate with patterned paper - you can add stamped images for that month but I didn't the last time. You can put hald a year on the front and the other half on the back - I've done it both ways.

Let me know if you need more info.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:32 AM   #4390
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Yes nine. It shows nine and in description it says it covers a square foot - 3 tiles that are 4 x 4 so that should be right. Free shipping so I think I'm giving it a try. I'm sick of digging through them and still getting ones I cant use.
Let us know how you like them if you try them. I still have 5 boxes I got at lowes a few months back to stamp. Has any one ever found round tiles? I have a couple large round stamps I wanted to try. I have seen some round coasters at craft show this spring and I think the sign said sandstone. The guy would demo them by spraying with a water bottle and the tile quickly absorbed the water. They were hand painted. Didn't think about asking him about the supplier at that time. Wish I had. They had a very smooth surface too. Would love to know more about them.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:58 AM   #4391
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Do you think it would help to hand a little tag from the mailbox flag that says "special Christmas delivery just for you" or something catchy that has to do with mail? And I would for sure put a few candies in a package inside.
Just a thought.
Thanks for the suggestions!
Old 08-03-2010, 07:03 AM   #4392
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elin View Post
Hi ladies. Hope you don't mind me butting in. I've been following this thread for a long time, marvelling at all yoru fabulous ideas. I have a question that I just can't find the answer to and wonder if you can help.

When you use pegboard or hinged boards on your table for your display, how do you make sure it doesn't fall over? I would love to have one on my table but fear it will fall over onto everything or someone. By the way, I envy that in the US the norm is to have booths and what would over here be classed as very large scale events. Here the norm is one 6 foot table for about 20 per day!
The pegboard I used was very sturdy. I don't really know how my husband made it...but I was not at all worried about it falling over. The magnet board he made me had very heavy wood and it's not going ANYWHERE! I can barely lift the thing. Maybe that's the key, is to use heavier wood? I will ask my husband. Feel free to ask me again if I happen to forget! LOL And, wow, I guess I should feel lucky that we got two tables in what I considered a "small" show!
Old 08-03-2010, 07:12 AM   #4393
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Let us know how you like them if you try them. I still have 5 boxes I got at lowes a few months back to stamp. Has any one ever found round tiles? I have a couple large round stamps I wanted to try. I have seen some round coasters at craft show this spring and I think the sign said sandstone. The guy would demo them by spraying with a water bottle and the tile quickly absorbed the water. They were hand painted. Didn't think about asking him about the supplier at that time. Wish I had. They had a very smooth surface too. Would love to know more about them.
I would love to try round ones too! I've not seen any, though.

I have a question. I stamped on the tiles with stazon, colored with sharpies, baked at 350 for 15 minutes, for my last batch. I wasn't going to spray them, because I thought they would be more absorbent, but when I tried one out--THE INK RAN!!!! So I did end up spraying them with Krylon. Anyone else run into these problems? And what kind of paint are they using to hand paint them? I'm curious too!
Old 08-03-2010, 07:14 AM   #4394
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Thanks!

Pat
I've never used these, but I bookmarked them a while ago with the plan of *someday* ordering them....

Blank Coasters - pulpboard coasters in assorted sizes, shapes and thickness
Old 08-03-2010, 08:16 AM   #4395
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by loribelle3 View Post

I have a question. I stamped on the tiles with stazon, colored with sharpies, baked at 350 for 15 minutes, for my last batch. I wasn't going to spray them, because I thought they would be more absorbent, but when I tried one out--THE INK RAN!!!! So I did end up spraying them with Krylon. Anyone else run into these problems? And what kind of paint are they using to hand paint them? I'm curious too!
I always stamp with staz on and color with chalk and blender pens and a coat of polly spray,...no run and no complaints!!
Old 08-03-2010, 08:26 AM   #4396
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by loribelle3 View Post

Which ink ran the stazon or the sharpies? Or was it an interaction between the two? Last year I followed the instructions on Gina K on stamp tv from a link I found on this site. No baking and no spraying anything on it. Then she stuck one in a bowl of water to show it doesn't run. I believe it was all done with stazon and that is what I used on mine. The only thing I did differant from her video was dry the surface of each tile after stamping for about 20 seconds with my heat gun to make sure the ink was dry and then let them sit over night. The next day I rubbed them hard with a wet soft wash cloth to test them and only got a little ink residue off but no running of colors. Half I left natural and the other half that I colored I used stazon and used qtips to color. I also did multi colored fall leaves on a bunch and had no problem with them either. There is a picture in my gallery. I just bought a 24 pack of sharpies to try for this year for adding color but may still just stay with the stazon for coloring if you think the sharpies were the problem.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:36 AM   #4397
Gabfest Goddess

I made tiles last year for Christmas and used both Stazon and sharpie and had no problems with either. I did let them dry overnight between stamping and coloring in the images and than let dry overnight after coloring....you can't rush this at all or it will smear. I've have found tiles at Lowe's with no problem either, I think that thread/post was from 18 months ago.
www.icantbelieveimadethat.blogspot.com
Proud RAK Member
"Always do your best. What you plan now, you will harvest later." Og Mandino
Old 08-03-2010, 08:49 AM   #4398
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Thanks!

Pat

I got some on this site when we could do bulk buys BUT when I go to restaurants, I grab what I can off the table. My family just hands them to me these days (sometimes brothers throw them at me from across the table but those are brothers!). Save up your cereal boxes too, cut them 4x4, round the edge and those will work too, even the thinner cardboard that come with SU!'s designer paper will work (for the calendars or whatever).

MY GALLERY
Old 08-03-2010, 08:51 AM   #4399
Compulsive Stamper

Katz Americas | Manufacturer of Premium Pulpboard Printed Coasters: Home sells them for approximately $31 (includes shipping) for #1000
Old 08-03-2010, 09:27 AM   #4400
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftymomto2 View Post
I made tiles last year for Christmas and used both Stazon and sharpie and had no problems with either. I did let them dry overnight between stamping and coloring in the images and than let dry overnight after coloring....you can't rush this at all or it will smear. I've have found tiles at Lowe's with no problem either, I think that thread/post was from 18 months ago.
This is good to know as I was really excited about all the differant colors of sharpies I just got. One more thing I did before even stamping on the tiles was to clean them very well with cold water and rub with a soft wash cloth to get off the white dust residue on each one and then let them dry overnight before I even stamped them. If you don't prep them first that might be why there could be a problem with bleeding of colors.