Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-24-2007, 11:33 AM   #401
Compulsive Stamper

Send a message via AIM to cmfronius716

I just did a craft show last weekend and sold over $240. I made notecards that said "Life is better in flip flops" that I printed on my computer, and added flip flop stickers, insides were blank. 8/pack for $5.

Cardstock is white, blank inside. these are SUPER simple to make and you can add variations. I bought several different colors of envelopes, one pack of notecards would be Red envelopes, another with hot pink, another with bright orange. I think the bright colors drew attention and I had a line at my table almost all day!

I had these other varieties:

"Chillin & Grillin...hope you'll join us" (these had BBQ Brads attached and blank inside )
"A note from your Teacher" (added apple or crayon stickers)
"Just keeping in touch!" with cute flower stickers
"thank you" with variety of stickers or brads

I also had $2 & $3 greeting cards and only sold 6 total.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:58 PM   #402
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmfronius716 View Post
I just did a craft show last weekend and sold over $240. I made notecards that said "Life is better in flip flops" that I printed on my computer, and added flip flop stickers, insides were blank. 8/pack for $5.

Cardstock is white, blank inside. these are SUPER simple to make and you can add variations. I bought several different colors of envelopes, one pack of notecards would be Red envelopes, another with hot pink, another with bright orange. I think the bright colors drew attention and I had a line at my table almost all day!

I had these other varieties:

"Chillin & Grillin...hope you'll join us" (these had BBQ Brads attached and blank inside )
"A note from your Teacher" (added apple or crayon stickers)
"Just keeping in touch!" with cute flower stickers
"thank you" with variety of stickers or brads

I also had $2 & $3 greeting cards and only sold 6 total.
OOh! Do you have pictures? Congrats on your success!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-24-2007, 08:03 PM   #403
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Great thread.....subscribing! I haven't been to a craft fair in eons but after reading, it might be a great outlet to make a little stamping ca$h.

Thanks!
Becca

My SCS Gallery - My Pinterest - My YouTube
My blog: http://www.amazingpapergrace.com
Licensed Designer: Spellbinders Paper Arts, JustRite Papercrafts
Design Teams: Waltzingmouse Stamps, Spellbinders, JustRite Papercrafts
Old 10-25-2007, 07:51 AM   #404
Compulsive Stamper

I have pictures, but cannot upload them. I guess I'm too new at this.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:48 AM   #405
Compulsive Stamper

subscribing... lots of great ideas!

Aleta
Old 10-25-2007, 12:01 PM   #406
Mad Swapper

Send a message via Yahoo to tuesdayswife

Has anyone ever tried to sell luggage/ID tags at their shows? I'm just getting into this thing and have been selling a few items here and there to some coworkers and now a few of them want some luggage tags but I have NO idea what to charge! $2 each???? $1 each????

I don't have my camera cord with me today but just to give you an idea, its a Bella stamp with Stickles and colored in (stamped on white c/s). B/G is black c/s and then THAT is on a glitter c/s. I also added some velvet ribbon and bling to the "card". LOTS of ribbon on the holder and a ball chain to attach it to the suitcase.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:37 PM   #407
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmfronius716 View Post
I have pictures, but cannot upload them. I guess I'm too new at this.
Cheryl,
all you have to do is go to My Gallery and you'll see upload photos. You click on it and it asks you where (which category)you want to put your picture in. Under that box you'll see the word browse. Just click on it and select from where you want to download the picture. It's basically just follwing the steps in the Upload photos section.
Just remember First go to gallery, there you'll see My Gallery, which is your gallery click on it and you are able to follow all of the steps to upload.

Hope this was not too confusing for you. PM me if you need more help

Sabrina
Old 10-25-2007, 04:36 PM   #408
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuesdayswife View Post
Has anyone ever tried to sell luggage/ID tags at their shows? I'm just getting into this thing and have been selling a few items here and there to some coworkers and now a few of them want some luggage tags but I have NO idea what to charge! $2 each???? $1 each????

I don't have my camera cord with me today but just to give you an idea, its a Bella stamp with Stickles and colored in (stamped on white c/s). B/G is black c/s and then THAT is on a glitter c/s. I also added some velvet ribbon and bling to the "card". LOTS of ribbon on the holder and a ball chain to attach it to the suitcase.
Those sound so cute! What many people do is to double the cost of what it is to make the item. So if the tags cost you $2 to make, charge $4. I try to follow this rule when I can, but if I get a deal on something I still charge what I would have if I paid full price. Don't forget to include stickles and ribbon etc. when calculating your price or you can come out behind. I have done that before. Sometimes you can charge more than double. It depends on your customers. Good luck! I would love to see them!
Old 10-26-2007, 06:12 AM   #409
Compulsive Stamper

I just uploaded photos on my gallery page. I never did the luggage tags, those sound like a great idea. can you post a photo?
Old 10-26-2007, 09:09 AM   #410
Gallery Gazer

Thanks for sharing your cards in your gallery Cheryl! They are really cute!
Old 10-26-2007, 11:19 AM   #411
Mad Swapper

Thanks Tracy! I'm just not even sure how to come up with a starting amount and then to double it? I just used scrap pieces of paper from other projects (because they are so small they don't take much!) and MAYBE 1 yard of ribbon all together and then about a 5" or 6" section of ball chain (which I have had for FOREVER and have NO CLUE what I paid for that). About the only thing I DO know is that I can buy 12 of the name badges for $1.67 at Wal-Mart!

Cheryl ~ I'll try to post pictures once I find my camera cord! LOL!
Old 10-26-2007, 11:25 AM   #412
Mad Swapper

These aren't my tags but are examples of some from the gallery. If you go to the gallery, then in the search field type in "luggage". There are quite a few examples.

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...27211?cat=3230
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...97272?cat=3230
Old 10-26-2007, 01:04 PM   #413
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuesdayswife View Post
Thanks Tracy! I'm just not even sure how to come up with a starting amount and then to double it? I just used scrap pieces of paper from other projects (because they are so small they don't take much!) and MAYBE 1 yard of ribbon all together and then about a 5" or 6" section of ball chain (which I have had for FOREVER and have NO CLUE what I paid for that). About the only thing I DO know is that I can buy 12 of the name badges for $1.67 at Wal-Mart!

Cheryl ~ I'll try to post pictures once I find my camera cord! LOL!
Ok, I make paper clip bookmarks and mini notebooks with my scraps too. I charge $1 for the paperclips and $2 for the notebooks. I would pay at least $2-$5 for a personalized luggage tag with a Bella!
Old 10-27-2007, 08:11 AM   #414
Compulsive Stamper

How do you display your cards for a craft show? Just looking for some ideas.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:33 AM   #415
Stampin' Fool

i purchased a standing revolving rack
http://www.displays2go.com/product.asp?ID=8165
or you can place your cards in a nice basket
Old 10-27-2007, 10:12 PM   #416
Polyshrink Goddess

I have to agree with Lorraine. We are having a craft fair every month here and the ladies that sell their cards have them in nice baskets. They have tons of cards for sale all the time and they have them sorted by occasion and season. It works pretty well since they have the cards with envies in clear bags and it's easy for people to go through them without putting smudges on them.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:40 AM   #417
Compulsive Stamper

At my craft shows, I try to pick a few cards to display to catch someone's eye, either the seasonal card (thanksgiving) or a wedding card, or a Valentine theme. I'll put the bulk of cards in a nice basket clearly marked by "thank you, Holiday, Birthday, but I found the photo wire thingies work well. I have no clue what they are called, but you can find them in the dollar stores, it has a heavy base with metal "fingers" that hold the photos at the end (you wedge the card in the wire). I hope that makes sense.

For halloween craft show, I found some old wooden shutters someone was throwing out. I cleaned them up and I put a hing between the two so they can fold and be self standing. The shutters were black and I hung string across to clip the cards on with cloths pins. It really dressed up the "halloween" look and i got a lot of viewers (just a few sale) but people are looking. I think if they were stuffed in a basket, no one would thumb thru them....you need an eye catcher to strike the thought "oh, I need a card for...."

I also have a card spinner I just picked up yesterday from a gift shop going out of business.......works well. only $20 couldn't beat the price!
Old 10-29-2007, 05:18 AM   #418
Gallery Gazer

My craft sale is Saturday! I'm not ready! I keep reading about all these great ideas and want to make them all! Thanks for sharing everyone!
Old 10-29-2007, 01:52 PM   #419
Cardstock Collector

I have my second show on Friday and my third show on Saturday. I only make things with paper and there are no cards. My prices range from 50 cents to $10. My goal is $150 for Friday, so we shall see what happens.
I need to make a different project each night this week to replenish the stock and I think paper clip bookmarks will be tonight's project.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:02 PM   #420
Cardstock Collector

I just made some paper clip bookmarks (they are in my gallery) and they were pretty easy to make. I am also taking them to my first ever craft fair next Saturday.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:52 PM   #421
Stampin' Fool

another great project is to make a packette and put 4 - 6 cards inside the packette. I understand that they are great sellers at a craft fair. I've made up a few of them. I have a picture in my gallery. here's the link if you'd like to see what i'm talking about. directions for the packette are on my blog.
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=89414
Old 10-29-2007, 05:17 PM   #422
Polyshrink Goddess

Talking Paper Trey Craft Fair Bandwagon

Okay I jumped on the Paper Trey bandwagon to use their awesome containers for selling at a craft show! So, now I need ideas of what to put in these rascals! I got the large clear paint cans, medium clear paint cans, 8oz square clear top tins and the tea tins! My daughter came up with a family movie night for one gift can, which I thought was a good one but I am hoping for more really good ideas to recoop the money I spent on the container AND stuff! LOL! Please help me with ideas! I appreciate it! LOL!
Old 10-29-2007, 05:47 PM   #423
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefs crafty chik View Post
Okay I jumped on the Paper Trey bandwagon to use their awesome containers for selling at a craft show! So, now I need ideas of what to put in these rascals! I got the large clear paint cans, medium clear paint cans, 8oz square clear top tins and the tea tins! My daughter came up with a family movie night for one gift can, which I thought was a good one but I am hoping for more really good ideas to recoop the money I spent on the container AND stuff! LOL! Please help me with ideas! I appreciate it! LOL!

Have you checked out the galleries? There are some awesome ideas out there. The 8 oz sq. clear top tins, what about fillimg them with chocolates and decorating them? The paint cans make cool containers for a spa set. Christmas being around the corner people always look for unique gifts. Get some Bath and Body or Victoria Secrets smelly good stuff, a candle that is similar in scent with holder (votive!), Loofah or color matching shower poof. You know all of that stuff that you would like to get yourself for a relaxing Spa Day (night). Since you are military too, you know that the BX/PX always has some bath stuff on sale . Your daughter hit it too with a movies night can. Evenfilling a can with some note cards, note book, beaded pen and such would make a nice gift too.

Hope this helps
Old 10-29-2007, 08:16 PM   #424
Insane Embellisher

I'll be doing my first craft fair this weekend. My Mom does it every year. My stuff will be totally different but I thought I'd tag along. I've managed to make about a dozen altered frames, nugget boxes, some 8 oz square tins decorated as "Reindeer Snacks" and filled with caramel popcorn, Tooth Fairy boxes, small round tins of "Snowman Soup" and a few things like a red tin bucket with a little plush mouse on a bed of evergreen and some other things like that. I'll be interested to see if I've wasted my time and money making all of this stuff. It's very hard to know what people will like.

My Blog

Visit My Garden
Old 10-30-2007, 09:03 AM   #425
Insane Embellisher

Ok, for the life of me I can't find the Toothfairy poem. Can someone point me in the right direction. I have made 10 of these without a poem so far. Hopefully someone can help.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:13 AM   #426
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelina0783 View Post
Ok, for the life of me I can't find the Toothfairy poem. Can someone point me in the right direction. I have made 10 of these without a poem so far. Hopefully someone can help.
When the Tooth Fairy
heard you lost a tooth,
Do you know what she did?
She made a map to visit you
'cause you're a special kid.
First she got your home address
and checked her fairy map,
Then she flew to your place
where she saw your brand new
"gap."
Of course, she took your
worn-out-tooth,
just like she's always done.
But she's left you something
nice instead to help you have
some fun!

Here's the poem I have. Sorry it is kind of off-center. That is just the way it copied out of my works document.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:38 AM   #427
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelina0783 View Post
Here's another version:

In this box I will lay,
the little tooth
I lost today.
Please dear fairy,
tonight as I sleep
leave me a coin.
My tooth
you can keep.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:00 PM   #428
Insane Embellisher

Thank you both!!!!
Old 10-30-2007, 03:31 PM   #429
Stampin' Fool

here are some bags that i made...magical reindeer food! here's the link if you want to take a peek. tfl
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...09445?cat=5644
Old 10-30-2007, 08:59 PM   #430
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavias Charms View Post
here are some bags that i made...magical reindeer food! here's the link if you want to take a peek. tfl
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...09445?cat=5644
Love those bags. They even make great bags for little somethings other than reindeer food. Thanks so much for sharing.

I love all of your creations.
Sabrina
Old 10-31-2007, 08:24 AM   #431
Glitter Queen

Default Craft Sale Best Sellars

I found that selling cards in gift sets works best and keeping then in the 10$12 range for a set of six cards and a holder was a good price.

Diane
Old 11-02-2007, 05:17 AM   #432
Gallery Gazer

My sale is tomorrow! I am so nervous! I have done well before, but I feel like I have so much more to do before tomorrow! Good luck to everyone else who has one tomorrow too! I can't wait to hear how everyone does!
Old 11-02-2007, 06:06 AM   #433
Rubber Obsessor

I have mine tomorrow too. I actually think that I am ready for once! I'm nervous though because this is supposed to be a really big fair! It is two days long. I'll try to let you all know how it goes tomorrow night.

Good luck ladies!
Old 11-02-2007, 06:07 AM   #434
Matboard Maniac

when you do craft shows do you have a name for yourself or do you bring a stampin up banner and display it. I've noticed that some people have names for themselves. I have a stampin up banner (I bought from them) but what do you use when you do craft shows.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:11 AM   #435
Stampin' Fool

my craft fair is next weekend. I don't have a banner...i signed up as SU but my sil and I are selling other items that are not SU related so we won't be advertising SU. We will be putting out our business cards on the table in lovely business card holders. I made my own business cards, ATC size. They really came out cute.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:06 AM   #436
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrykids View Post
when you do craft shows do you have a name for yourself or do you bring a stampin up banner and display it. I've noticed that some people have names for themselves. I have a stampin up banner (I bought from them) but what do you use when you do craft shows.
I have a name but it is pretty generic...but I don't display it. I just have it on my business cards.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:21 AM   #437
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via Yahoo to rhoshoun

I enjoyed reading this forum so much I printed it off so I could go back to it at all times I love this site it is so good for new consultant , new scrapbooker/stamping and just all around for every crafter . I love it !
Old 11-02-2007, 11:23 AM   #438
Insane Embellisher

Good luck to all that are doing theirs tomorrow. Mine is next weekend. I need to work fast.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:32 AM   #439
Hardware Hotshot

My craft fair is in a few hours. I am nervous and excited. I actually packed materials to make stuff in case it is slow (first time at this fair, so I don't know what to expect.). Good luck everyone!
Old 11-03-2007, 03:56 AM   #440
Polyshrink Goddess

You ladies are talking about business cards. I know some of you want to print them yourself, but did you know that you can get 250 free business cards through Vistaprint.com. All you have to pay is shipping. You can even upload your own images. Something you've stamped etc. I have bought from them many times and I am a very pleased with them. They are pretty quick too. Personally I think they are much cheaper than having to buy the blank business cards plus the expensive ink for the computer.

Thought I'd share