Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-29-2010, 10:13 AM   #4241
Kookie Creator

Here's upclose shot of slits

mini notepad help by doggonecrafts - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Here's my template
mini notepad help by doggonecrafts - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

here's the inside view of what MY holes look like after piercing
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-29-2010, 10:13 AM   #4242
Kookie Creator

Sorry - I totally forgot how to post an image IN the thread! DUH!
Old 07-29-2010, 11:01 AM   #4243
Matboard Maniac

Default mini notebooks

Maria, thank you soooo much. These really help.
Regarding the tape, is it a narrow strip along side of the spirals?
Do you use double sided tape to attach the new cover to the existing one?
At first the last photo did not come up, but now I can see all three. Hugs,
Lynne

Last edited by imlynne; 07-29-2010 at 11:05 AM..
Old 07-29-2010, 11:11 AM   #4244
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggonecrafts View Post
I put the tape on before laying the new cover on the original. I took some pictures. Let me upload them and then try to put them in this thread.
I am looking forward to the pictures as well. I'm visual and I know that will help me "see" what needs to be done. So glad people ask my questions for me. LOLOL
Old 07-29-2010, 12:43 PM   #4245
Die Cut Diva

HUH, I can't get the pictures to come up? Did you move them? or where they deleted for some reason?
Old 07-29-2010, 01:49 PM   #4246
Matboard Maniac

Cool mini notebooks

I checked right after you said you could not see them and I couldn't either. Surprisingly, they are back and viewable. Go figure.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:57 PM   #4247
Kookie Creator

Hi - the pictures 'should' work now (hopefully)

For the tape, I use my atg gun, but I redline tape would be just as good right under the spirals.
I'll check back to makes sure you can see the pictures
Old 07-29-2010, 02:38 PM   #4248
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by imlynne View Post
Thanks for this information. I have a few questions that are not quite clear.
1. So you do not uncoil the wire to remove the cover? What happens to the original notebook cover?
2. I can't visualize this part: cut a slit exactly vertical with my scissors. I put my atg tape right below the holes and then pushed the paper through the wire slits. Is it a slit at each hole? Do you put the tape on AFTER putting the new cover onto the wire?

Sorry to sound so stupid. I really appreciate the help.
Hi Ladies,
Angie has a great video tutorial on this
Notepad Tutorial - Chic' n Scratch Live!

I'm a visual learner, too and this sure helped!

Sharon
Old 07-29-2010, 09:46 PM   #4249
Matboard Maniac

Default mini notebooks

Sharon, thank you so much for the tutorial. It explains it all, along with Maria's instructions.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:42 AM   #4250
Matboard Maniac

Woo hoo, I am so excited! Last weekend I had an opportunity to put some of my handmade craft items in a friend’s specialty boutique and so far I have made $26!! She said the tooth fairy boxes I made were the first things to go and I also sold two 4X6 magnetic frame post-it note holders w/mini gel pen, a 6X6 tile trivet, 2 jumbo paperclip bookmarks, and a princess wooden door hanger.

Her shop is in Lynchburg, TN, which is where the famous Jack Daniel’s distillery is located – people come from all over the world to tiny Lynchburg (population: 400!) to tour the distillery. In October there is a huge BBQ cook-off (over 25,000 in attendance!) and she said I can setup a craft booth outside her shop. Hopefully the weather will be nice that weekend and people will be ready to SHOP! Her location is great because it is right beside the park where all the BBQers set up. Now I need to get busy making sure my booth looks great and that I have plenty of stock to sell!

I hope this opportunity leads somewhere... Yesterday when I went by her shop I brought plenty of business cards so hopefully I will get some business from that as well. Well, just thought I would share my exciting news – hope everyone has a great weekend!

Last edited by Krafty*Kate; 07-30-2010 at 07:46 AM..
Old 07-30-2010, 08:01 AM   #4251
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krafty*Kate View Post
Woo hoo, I am so excited! Last weekend I had an opportunity to put some of my handmade craft items in a friend’s specialty boutique and so far I have made $26!! She said the tooth fairy boxes I made were the first things to go and I also sold two 4X6 magnetic frame post-it note holders w/mini gel pen, a 6X6 tile trivet, 2 jumbo paperclip bookmarks, and a princess wooden door hanger.

Her shop is in Lynchburg, TN, which is where the famous Jack Daniel’s distillery is located – people come from all over the world to tiny Lynchburg (population: 400!) to tour the distillery. In October there is a huge BBQ cook-off (over 25,000 in attendance!) and she said I can setup a craft booth outside her shop. Hopefully the weather will be nice that weekend and people will be ready to SHOP! Her location is great because it is right beside the park where all the BBQers set up. Now I need to get busy making sure my booth looks great and that I have plenty of stock to sell!

I hope this opportunity leads somewhere... Yesterday when I went by her shop I brought plenty of business cards so hopefully I will get some business from that as well. Well, just thought I would share my exciting news – hope everyone has a great weekend!
Sounds like a great chance to show off your stuff! Good luck!

Is everyone buying their tins from specialty bottle and bags from clear bags? I was trying to order from 1 place to save on shipping, but can't find both items on one site.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:33 AM   #4252
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Wow that sounds great! Congratulations! Are you using Altoid tins for the tooth fairy boxes? I've wanted to make them, but I don't know anyone who uses altoids to save the tins for me. I'm excited for you!

I am knee-deep in boxing things up for my show tomorrow. I'm prepared to be bored with laptop and entertainment ready....by keeping my expectations low maybe I will be pleasantly surprised! LOL
Old 07-30-2010, 11:42 AM   #4253
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via AIM to Scamper64 Send a message via Yahoo to Scamper64

Quote:
Originally Posted by loribelle3 View Post
Wow that sounds great! Congratulations! Are you using Altoid tins for the tooth fairy boxes? I've wanted to make them, but I don't know anyone who uses altoids to save the tins for me. I'm excited for you!

I am knee-deep in boxing things up for my show tomorrow. I'm prepared to be bored with laptop and entertainment ready....by keeping my expectations low maybe I will be pleasantly surprised! LOL

Anxious to hear how yours goes as I am supposed to have one next weekend. Unfortunately, a family tragedy may prevent me from going, but we'll see. (My cousin's 13 year old son ran out in front of a car the other night. The transplant teams are all in place to harvest his organs tomorrow. Because of our loss and his gift, 8 people will have new organs and one person will get sight. Need to see what they decide to do as far as arrangements go to know if I'll be able to be ready for the show--or even here for it!)
Old 07-30-2010, 11:52 AM   #4254
Cardstock Collector

Oh my goodness, I am sorry for your loss but happy for the 9 people he is helping.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:21 PM   #4255
Insane Embellisher

How sad Kim ~ I will keep your family in my prayers. It is nice to know that they are helping others, this is a way that he will live on.

Please take care.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:35 PM   #4256
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamper64 View Post
Anxious to hear how yours goes as I am supposed to have one next weekend. Unfortunately, a family tragedy may prevent me from going, but we'll see. (My cousin's 13 year old son ran out in front of a car the other night. The transplant teams are all in place to harvest his organs tomorrow. Because of our loss and his gift, 8 people will have new organs and one person will get sight. Need to see what they decide to do as far as arrangements go to know if I'll be able to be ready for the show--or even here for it!)
Kim,
I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep your family in my prayers.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:06 PM   #4257
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Yahoo to paris062

Kim - so sorry for your loss. What a wonderful choice the family has made in their grief to help others.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:12 PM   #4258
Polyshrink Goddess

Kim, I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your entire family during this difficult time.
Diane
Old 07-30-2010, 02:18 PM   #4259
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

YAY!! Good job!
Old 07-30-2010, 02:19 PM   #4260
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
I am so sorry for your loss. That is heart wrenching.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:21 PM   #4261
Polyshrink Goddess

I thought I would share some pics of my set up. Please keep in mind the gift card tree, step display, etc are from last year and the very first show I did.

I am thinking of painting the peg board white or black as well as the step displays for this season. The step displays and the skirting were my belonged to my MIL when she did shows for ceramics. She gifted them to me. I don't know what I would have done with them or her!

I got a lot of ideas from Kerry @ Kerry's Paper Crafts. She is a sweetheart! Another one to credit is Angie Juda @ Chic 'n Scratch. Both are very talented and so generous to share their ideas on their blogs.

I will post more pics from my spring show this year...
Attached Thumbnails
smsetup.jpg   sm-step-display.jpg   smgift-card-tree.jpg  
Old 07-30-2010, 02:24 PM   #4262
Polyshrink Goddess

This one is from the spring show I did in May 2010. Show was a total bust. The tall pegboard display you see on the left is something my DH whipped up the night before because my table was really small. We didn't want to use the 2-sided folding pegboard because it would take up too much room.

- Ignore my mom's silly faces -she is so dorky! But I love her!
Attached Thumbnails
smshort-set-up.jpg  
Old 07-30-2010, 02:26 PM   #4263
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

This sounds fantastic Kate!!! Many blessings!
Old 07-30-2010, 02:39 PM   #4264
Pearl-ExPert

Lisa, I LOVE your step display! That is very cool, what a great way to display stuff!
Old 07-30-2010, 03:45 PM   #4265
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

This is so exciting!! What a great opportunity!!
Old 07-30-2010, 03:47 PM   #4266
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Have a great day and lots of fun tomorrow and lots of sales!!
Old 07-30-2010, 03:56 PM   #4267
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris062 View Post
I thought I would share some pics of my set up. Please keep in mind the gift card tree, step display, etc are from last year and the very first show I did.

I am thinking of painting the peg board white or black as well as the step displays for this season. The step displays and the skirting were my belonged to my MIL when she did shows for ceramics. She gifted them to me. I don't know what I would have done with them or her!

I got a lot of ideas from Kerry @ Kerry's Paper Crafts. She is a sweetheart! Another one to credit is Angie Juda @ Chic 'n Scratch. Both are very talented and so generous to share their ideas on their blogs.

Very nice set up. Love the step display. Your Mom looks like she is having fun!!
Old 07-30-2010, 04:15 PM   #4268
Kookie Creator

Oh Kim, I just wanted to send my thoughts and prayers to your family. What a terrible thing to have happen. God Bless the parents for allowing their loss to be the gift to others. My prayers are with you.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:07 PM   #4269
Polyshrink Goddess

So very sorry Kim. I'm sure the craft fair organizers would refund the money you paid in this case. What a tragic accident!
Old 07-30-2010, 05:44 PM   #4270
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Oh, Kim, what a tragedy for your family. I will say some extra prayers for them and you.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:50 PM   #4271
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris062 View Post

Love the step displays! What a great idea!
Old 07-30-2010, 05:56 PM   #4272
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Woo Hoo is right! Way to go Kate!
Old 07-30-2010, 06:13 PM   #4273
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Kim, my deepest sympathies to you and your family. How wonderful that your cousin has given a new lease on life to 9 other people albeit from this tragedy. Blessings to all of you!

Sharon
Old 07-30-2010, 06:33 PM   #4274
Matboard Maniac

Kim

Kim, I know you have a heavy heart right now and it's hard to think of much else. Please know that your crafting/stamping sisters have you and your family in our hearts and prayers.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:58 PM   #4275
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via AIM to Scamper64 Send a message via Yahoo to Scamper64

You are all so nice! I'm really okay--just worried about my cousin and how she will deal with this loss. I don't think a parent should ever have to bury a child--but unfortunately, it happens.

And, honestly, if I can't do the show next weekend I'll be fine. Sometimes other things are far more important.

Thank you all for your kind words. I will be sure to let her know so many people are thinking of her and sending their good wishes.

Now back to our regularly scheduled craft show thread.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:55 AM   #4276
Matboard Maniac

Kim, I am glad you are holding up okay during this difficult time. Such a tragedy. I am praying for you and your family. {{HUGS}}
Old 07-31-2010, 05:55 AM   #4277
Matboard Maniac

Default Tooth Fairy Tins

Quote:
Lori, I actually used those small round tins with the clear glass lid that are made by Wilton to be used for wedding favors. I like that they are small - perfect for small hands and ladies think they are cute too! I put a tiny organza drawstring bag inside to hold the tooth and added a poem. I can post pics if you are interested.

Hope your show goes great today and you don't even get a chance to open the laptop with all your sales!!
Old 07-31-2010, 05:56 AM   #4278
Matboard Maniac

Lisa, GREAT displays! I especially love the little stairs!
Old 07-31-2010, 06:47 AM   #4279
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Lori, I actually used those small round tins with the clear glass lid that are made by Wilton to be used for wedding favors. I like that they are small - perfect for small hands and ladies think they are cute too! I put a tiny organza drawstring bag inside to hold the tooth and added a poem. I can post pics if you are interested.

Hope your show goes great today and you don't even get a chance to open the laptop with all your sales!!
I would love to see pictures Kate.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:36 PM   #4280
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Ladies,
Wanted to tell you about a Walgreens deal in case you don't already know. We got packs of sticky notes (generic) at Walgreens - there were 12 100 sheet pads in a pack, and the pack was $3.99. It was assorted colors - green, yellow, blue and pink.

We bought them out (they thought we were a little wacky, LOL!) and will be going to another Walgreens to buy THEM out. We need several hundred to last us a year.

I hope others who are looking for them can find them as well!