Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-24-2010, 07:59 AM   #4121
Matboard Maniac

Default sassyscrappin

I love your acrylic post its. They really look like a set the way you have them done up. Do you just stamp the first sheet of your post its, or do you stamp the whole pad?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-24-2010, 08:09 AM   #4122
Rubber Obsessor

thank you so much cindy - I'm hoping they do well too...as I have about 250 done and am about 'tiled' out - on to post-it note holders...yea
Old 07-24-2010, 08:34 AM   #4123
Compulsive Stamper

Default Pendants

I sell several kinds of pendants, scrabble tile, domino, bottle cap and glass tile. I sell them all for $5 except for the glass tile which I sold for $6 last year. I probably will sell them for $5 also. I have also added mini dog tags this year.
My sign says Pendants $5. Free chain or choker with purchase.
I have ball chains in several different colors hanging on this little stand and I just added the chokers.
Last year the glass tile pendants sold the best.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:49 AM   #4124
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancincz View Post
hi - am working on tons of stuff now for the fall/winter shows - I tend to make 100 or more of everything, so I might have enough to last several shows - I do this because I have all the materials needed in front of me, otherwise I spend tons of time 'gathering' - one question for you ladies who make the scrabble tile pendants...do you sell them with or without the chain and how much do you charge? - my co-workers aren't much help...I've gotten a price range of $3.00 to 10.00 (without the chain) HELP
thanks, carole
Hi Carole

I sold them at my craft fair last year and I thought if I didnt sell them with a chain no one would buy them, but I did give them a choice I had a regular silver chain and also a ball chain in assorted colors I sold them for $6- my profit was $5.15 per necklace!

Hope that helps!

ALL NEW!! As of 6/20/11 http://stamperstacey.blogspot.com/
Old 07-24-2010, 10:44 AM   #4125
Matboard Maniac

Question chains?

Where are you buying your various chains at such a low price that you can include one with a purchase and still keep your prices down?
Old 07-24-2010, 10:56 AM   #4126
Stazon Splitcoast

bronzfrog & mrsskgilbert i have 2 requsets
1. care to show a photo of your pendants
2. and when do you buy your supplies

thanks
Old 07-24-2010, 01:06 PM   #4127
Compulsive Stamper

Default supplies

Sorry I can't get pics because of issues with my computer.
Here's where I get my bottle caps. This place is local to me.

What's Brewin' - Home

I think I have also gotten them here.

Plain Caps (Gold)

Here is one of my suppliers of glass tiles, bails, dog tags chains and chokers. They also sell bottle caps but I don't know if they are lead free. I got some free bails with the chains. They work great with the chains but are too small for the chokers. The sun shaped bails are fine.

Hope You're Having A Beautiful Day by SunAndMoonCraftKits on Etsy

I like this lady's bails for the scrabble tiles.

Affordable Jewelry Making Supplies at by BumbleBeadzSupplies

There are other suppliers on etsy.com that carry the same things you just have to shop around.

I also like this lady.

those-sweet-sensations items - Get great deals on Crafts, Jewelry Watches items on eBay.com!

I often buy images for my pendants. I like these two ladies.

Lisa's Altered Art by lisasalteredart on Etsy

Collage Sheets for Altered Jewelry Charms and More by MajikDesign

I have used others. I put collage sheet in the search box.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:19 PM   #4128
Embossing Fanatic

I just got home from a craft fair. Before I decided to do craft fairs, I really did my homework. May table is set up beautifully. I have flipped and flopped items so that they look their best. I have made pretty many of the items on here that "sell" My problem is, I make back my table fee and maybe $10.00 more. I see a lot of "runners" who go up the middle isle and do not come near the entrance of my booth let alone in it. I here a lot of, That's so cute! Wow, I can make that. Wow you are so creative.... although these comments sound great, they are not sealing the deal and making the sale. Is it the economy that has everyone not opening up there pocketbooks? I see many other booths with way more expensive items in them and these people are flocking to them. Maybe it's just Jersey? Who knows. If anyone has any tips, please let me know. I'm very frustrated. I put a lot of time and effort into my crafts. Are fall shows better than spring and summer? Has anyone tried street fairs? I'm ready to dump my stuff in the trash. Please help.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:41 PM   #4129
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronzfrog View Post
Sorry I can't get pics because of issues with my computer.
Here's where I get my bottle caps. This place is local to me.

What's Brewin' - Home

I think I have also gotten them here.

Plain Caps (Gold)

Here is one of my suppliers of glass tiles, bails, dog tags chains and chokers. They also sell bottle caps but I don't know if they are lead free. I got some free bails with the chains. They work great with the chains but are too small for the chokers. The sun shaped bails are fine.

Hope You're Having A Beautiful Day by SunAndMoonCraftKits on Etsy

I like this lady's bails for the scrabble tiles.

Affordable Jewelry Making Supplies at by BumbleBeadzSupplies

There are other suppliers on etsy.com that carry the same things you just have to shop around.

I also like this lady.

those-sweet-sensations items - Get great deals on Crafts, Jewelry Watches items on eBay.com!

I often buy images for my pendants. I like these two ladies.

Lisa's Altered Art by lisasalteredart on Etsy

Collage Sheets for Altered Jewelry Charms and More by MajikDesign

I have used others. I put collage sheet in the search box.

Wow, thanks for all of the great information!
Old 07-24-2010, 01:52 PM   #4130
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenniferlyn View Post
I just got home from a craft fair. Before I decided to do craft fairs, I really did my homework. May table is set up beautifully. I have flipped and flopped items so that they look their best. I have made pretty many of the items on here that "sell" My problem is, I make back my table fee and maybe $10.00 more. I see a lot of "runners" who go up the middle isle and do not come near the entrance of my booth let alone in it. I here a lot of, That's so cute! Wow, I can make that. Wow you are so creative.... although these comments sound great, they are not sealing the deal and making the sale. Is it the economy that has everyone not opening up there pocketbooks? I see many other booths with way more expensive items in them and these people are flocking to them. Maybe it's just Jersey? Who knows. If anyone has any tips, please let me know. I'm very frustrated. I put a lot of time and effort into my crafts. Are fall shows better than spring and summer? Has anyone tried street fairs? I'm ready to dump my stuff in the trash. Please help.
No dumping in the trash!! I had a show once and only sold 35.00. Yes it is very frustating. The 3 other shows I did that same fall with the same craft items all were over 200.00 shows. I have never done a spring or summer show, but I have been told sales are lower during the spring and summer. More people buying gifts during the fall shows for Christmas. Would love to see pictures of your booth and craft items.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:54 PM   #4131
Compulsive Stamper

Jenniferlyn I did a show last weekend. It was at a country music festival. Everyone was complaining that the sales weren't very good including the people there that had made in China crap. I lost a LOT of money on the booth fee.
I did a show locally the weekend before where I did a lot better than I expected.
The economy is not helping but I don't think that summer shows are that big of money makers. I have better luck at the holiday shows when people are buying gifts.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:59 PM   #4132
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
I don't know if I can help, but I'd like to offer you some encouragement! Don't give up! I've been told by numerous crafters that the first few times you go out to shows you may not do well. It takes a while for people to get to "know" you and your products. How many shows have you done? I do think fall/winter are better than spring/summer. I'm curious, what items did you take with you to sell? Do you have pictures of your set up? Don't throw your stuff in the trash---at the least it will make good presents for someone, right?
Old 07-24-2010, 02:03 PM   #4133
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyscrapin View Post
Hey Pat,
Agreed, this thread is AWESOMENESS!!!! I tried my hand at the acylic post-it note holders 2 years ago at a craft fair I did, they sold really well, and I made the RSVP pens to match them too...here is a link in my gallery of some of them.
I really liked the post it note holders too. I was also wondering...do you stamp all the way through the pad, or just on the top one?
Lori
Old 07-24-2010, 02:04 PM   #4134
Rubber Obsessor

I just called and signed up for a one day craft fair next weekend. I don't think it will be a big one, and I think it will be a nice way to get my feet wet, so to speak. But I am NERVOUS!!! Mostly about the set up, since all of my things are currently in boxes and I'm not sure how they will display. Ahhhhhh!!!!!
Old 07-24-2010, 02:07 PM   #4135
Polyshrink Goddess

Are there more than one size of the mini comp books?? I found some today at discount drug mart. They were 3 to a pack for .60 (they were .99). They are 4 1/2 x 3 1/4. Is that the size minis everyone is looking for?
Old 07-24-2010, 02:11 PM   #4136
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by loribelle3 View Post
I just called and signed up for a one day craft fair next weekend. I don't think it will be a big one, and I think it will be a nice way to get my feet wet, so to speak. But I am NERVOUS!!! Mostly about the set up, since all of my things are currently in boxes and I'm not sure how they will display. Ahhhhhh!!!!!
Do a mock set up at home. Thats what I do and it makes it alot easier. Take a couple of pics and you can refer to them when you go do your actual setup. Where is your show??
Old 07-24-2010, 02:14 PM   #4137
Polyshrink Goddess

I will be in Charleston, SC next weekend visiting my daughter. Is anyone doing a show there or know of any in that area?
Old 07-24-2010, 04:54 PM   #4138
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
I really liked the post it note holders too. I was also wondering...do you stamp all the way through the pad, or just on the top one?
Lori
Hey Lori,
Thanks for your sweet comments, I actually randomly stamp through the pad. all total about 30 pages
Old 07-24-2010, 05:00 PM   #4139
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhb1281 View Post
I will be in Charleston, SC next weekend visiting my daughter. Is anyone doing a show there or know of any in that area?
call and ask @ AAA
or the local tourist office
Old 07-24-2010, 05:04 PM   #4140
Stazon Splitcoast

bronzfrog-thanks for the links
Old 07-24-2010, 05:08 PM   #4141
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I did my first and (so far) only one last November. I was nervous too and wasn't sure what to do, but I used a table cloth to cover the boxes that I used to carry the items in to make the display table vary in height - sort of like you'd do for a food buffet. The different heights create dimension and make things easier to see and get. I also grabbed baskets and containers from all of the house to hold similar items. I priced each item or at least the container they were in and also made a price sheet (81/2 x 11) and put it in an acrylic frame.

Good luck!!
Old 07-24-2010, 05:11 PM   #4142
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Somewhere on this thread someone had a sign displayed in their booth "Yes, you can make it, but will you?". I'm definitely going to make a similar sign and display it on my table this year. I think it's so funny and if nothing else, a conversation starter and a way to show your potential buyers, that "yes, they can make it but will they?" I bet that sign alone will get some sales.

Don't give up.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:26 PM   #4143
Rubber Obsessor

Wow!!! Just finished reading through this thread (I won't say how long it's taken me....) and I have lists and lists of things I want to make!

Thanks for the inspiration, Ladies!! This is fabulous! Can't wait to get crafty!

My gallery:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=200109

My NEW Blog:
http://stephaniesigner.blogspot.com/
Old 07-24-2010, 05:32 PM   #4144
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknocker3 View Post
Somewhere on this thread someone had a sign displayed in their booth "Yes, you can make it, but will you?". I'm definitely going to make a similar sign and display it on my table this year. I think it's so funny and if nothing else, a conversation starter and a way to show your potential buyers, that "yes, they can make it but will they?" I bet that sign alone will get some sales.

Don't give up.
i also like the sign....

your husband called
and said buy whatever you want!
Old 07-24-2010, 05:35 PM   #4145
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcountry311 View Post
call and ask @ AAA
or the local tourist office
Great idea! Thanks!
Old 07-24-2010, 05:45 PM   #4146
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

So I've got another question...

I just found out about a street fair happening next month and the price is right so I plan on signing up. Since the holidays are still a few months out, what kinds of "themed" items would you sell? Is it too early for teacher gifts? Would you still do some holiday things or just keep it at generic-themed items?

Thanks for your help
Old 07-24-2010, 06:48 PM   #4147
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcountry311 View Post
bronzfrog & mrsskgilbert i have 2 requsets
1. care to show a photo of your pendants
2. and when do you buy your supplies

thanks
I will post some pictures shortly. As for the supplies, I got everything off ETSY from various vendors.

ALL NEW!! As of 6/20/11 http://stamperstacey.blogspot.com/
Old 07-24-2010, 07:47 PM   #4148
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Yahoo to paris062

Quote:
I did two spring shows this year and they were both TERRIBLE! I didn't even make back my booth fee at the last one. There was little to no traffic. Most of the people I sold to were other crafters. The two I did were run by a promotions company but I never saw any ads or promotion for either show. So my plan is to stick to fall/christmas shows because I have done much, much better at those.
Hope this helps.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:52 PM   #4149
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Yahoo to paris062

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsalamon View Post
So I've got another question...

I just found out about a street fair happening next month and the price is right so I plan on signing up. Since the holidays are still a few months out, what kinds of "themed" items would you sell? Is it too early for teacher gifts? Would you still do some holiday things or just keep it at generic-themed items?

Thanks for your help
I did a show last year that was toward the end of October. I had a mix of Halloween and Christmas stuff. I did not sell one thing that was winter/Christmas related. I don't think people were in that mode yet because it was so early. I would focus on things that are more neutral or could be given for numerous occasions. I am doing the same show this year so I plan on focusing on Halloween/Fall, teacher gifts and Christmas card sets.
Hope this helps.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:11 PM   #4150
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Are there more than one size of the mini comp books?? I found some today at discount drug mart. They were 3 to a pack for .60 (they were .99). They are 4 1/2 x 3 1/4. Is that the size minis everyone is looking for?
That's the size of mine. That's a great deal!
Old 07-25-2010, 03:14 AM   #4151
Rubber Obsessor

I've been around the block a few times with spring/summer fairs - now I don't even bother with spring shows - I only do summer shows at resort areas (for me it's cape cod) and pray for cloudy weather, stuff is neutral (some teacher gifts) - september/october is iffy...you need to ask around or visit a show before signing up for a future date - music festivals, street fairs are a waste of money (unless they are juried crafts)...you will see lots of cheap imports and 're-crafted' stuff - and lastly, 'murphy's law' will alway's prevail...the show's you think will be good, will stink and the one's you don't hold out much hope for will be good...I guess, sometimes, it's a crap shoot
Old 07-25-2010, 06:57 AM   #4152
Compulsive Stamper

oops!

Last edited by amy52974; 07-25-2010 at 06:59 AM.. Reason: mistake
Old 07-25-2010, 07:02 AM   #4153
Rubber Obsessor

Send a message via Yahoo to blueslady

Quote:
Am I CRAZY!! Has anyone done 2 craft shows in the same day? Two of my favorite shows that were always a week apart are on the same day this year. They are my first two shows of the season. I am going to do both with the help of a friend and my daughter. One is from 10 to 4 and the other is 9 to 3. Both set ups are the night before. They are only about 10 min from each other and only 15 min from home. Both are great well established shows that I have done for several years with equal cost and equal sales. I love my booth locations in both shows. I know the rough part is the set up and tear down( which I am extremely slow at). I will have enough stock for both. Please share your experiences if you have had or know anyone that has done two shows in one day.
Yes, I did it last year for the first time. Both had set up on Friday. One in the afternoon since sales started at 4 pm and the other on Fri nite. The Friday sales show also was a central checkout meaning that I did not have to be there to man the booth. That was a life saver. It was crazy on Saturday at 5 pm since both shows had to be torn down. That is where help from friends came in. It was well worth it to me since I was able to make money without having to be there. Both shows were within minujtes of each other so I could send buyers to the other show. I am doing it again this year on 2 weekends!!! call me crazy!!!!!
Old 07-25-2010, 07:02 AM   #4154
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyscrapin View Post
Hey Pat,
Agreed, this thread is AWESOMENESS!!!! I tried my hand at the acylic post-it note holders 2 years ago at a craft fair I did, they sold really well, and I made the RSVP pens to match them too...here is a link in my gallery of some of them.
Your acrylic post-it note holders are fabulous!
Old 07-25-2010, 07:05 AM   #4155
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy52974 View Post
Your acrylic post-it note holders are fabulous!
Thanks Amy, they are really super easy to make to. Enjoy
Old 07-25-2010, 07:07 AM   #4156
Die Cut Diva

Hi all...another thing I did for the show a couple of years ago were framed art. I find cheap frames everywhere, then do cute little frames that people could give as gifts etc.

I did some for a swap on here and will be giving my returns and the extras I made for gifts at Christmas.

Here is the link to the post showing the latest frames. These are SUPER easy to make.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:08 AM   #4157
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamper64 View Post
Instead of having a stamp made, I printed off labels on clear address labels to put on the back. They say Handmade by Kim and under that is my email address. I then just sign my name "Kim" next to the printed name. I also have some made up with company names on them to satisfy any angel policies. If I stamped on the item, it has the statement "Images c XCompany." (That c is the copyright symbol. I'm too lazy to look to see how to do it!)

For me this is quick, easy and gets my name out there. I wasn't doing this and it was brought to my attention by a family member that if the recipient really liked the gift and wanted to get some to give as gifts, that person would have no way to reach me. It was logical--so I did this.

And as far as business cards, I have them on my table and I do put one in each bag as I bag purchases. I do not put them in the individual items as I have "contact" information on the back.

As for a license--I did apply for a transient vendor's license from my state. It cost me $25 and makes me legal to sell--but will also require me to file sales tax forms. I'm okay with that. I just didn't want to be excluded from an event because I didn't have such a license. It was easy to do. (I live in Ohio.) That's the only license that I have.

Hope that is an idea someone might be able to use.
Where in Ohio? I'm in Central Ohio (North of Columbus)
Old 07-25-2010, 07:08 AM   #4158
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
DHB1281 - that's a GREAT price. What was the name of the drug store? Or is it a local one? Thx!

Last edited by Krafty*Kate; 07-25-2010 at 07:14 AM..
Old 07-25-2010, 07:13 AM   #4159
Compulsive Stamper

Lisa,
I'm in Ohio too! Central Ohio...What about you?
Old 07-25-2010, 07:13 AM   #4160
Matboard Maniac

Shelly, your framed art is great! Thanks for the FAB idea!