Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-20-2010, 07:39 AM   #4001
Matboard Maniac

Default Mint Patties

Dorlene, congrats on selling out of the mint patties so quickly! What theme(s) did you use to decorate them? Also, I am having problems with the mints moving around inside the pretzel bag. Did you put a sticky dot on the back of each mint so they stay put? Did you decorate the back side too? THANKS!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-20-2010, 08:04 AM   #4002
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Yahoo to paris062

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknocker3 View Post
Are you finding the Peppermint Patties in the round shape? I made some of these for Easter and searched everywhere for the round ones. I was able to find three bags at three different stores (hidden between the square packaged ones). I was told that they aren't making them in the round packaging anymore.

Do you plan on using the square packages?
Hi Dorlene! I found York ones at a regional warehouse store called BJ's last year. 100-ct box was around $18. I don't have membership there anymore so I will probably switch to the Pearson's brand if I do anything with these this year. The pillow packaging is too difficult to work with!
Old 07-20-2010, 08:08 AM   #4003
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Yahoo to paris062

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krafty*Kate View Post
Dorlene, congrats on selling out of the mint patties so quickly! What theme(s) did you use to decorate them? Also, I am having problems with the mints moving around inside the pretzel bag. Did you put a sticky dot on the back of each mint so they stay put? Did you decorate the back side too? THANKS!
I made these last year and sold out too! I did not decorate the back, just the front but I think it looks better if the back is covered (hindsight is 20/20). I struggled with finding a way to get them to stay put inside the bag so if you come up with anything, please share!
Old 07-20-2010, 08:30 AM   #4004
Matboard Maniac

Default packaging

I made little halloween and Christmas nuggets and mini hersheys last year and had the same problem when I put them in the sleeves. They slipped down. What I did was to make a small flat box that would hold them. Just lined up the candies to estimate the size, then made to box from white cardstock. You can see a picture here. Not real detailed, but the box is what these are sitting in. I will probably try something similar with the patties. You do have to make sure you tie the bag snugly so there is not much room for things to slip around.
Hope this helps.
http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z...t=000_0052.jpg
Old 07-20-2010, 08:33 AM   #4005
Matboard Maniac

Default clipboard set link

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAmomof2 View Post
I would love to see a photo of this!

[QUOTE=imlynne;17039941]You can see a photo here:
http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z...et100_2545.jpg

Crystel, here you go.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:51 AM   #4006
Rubber Obsessor

ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I need to go back! I cleared out all the mini composition notebooks last week. Maybe they will have restocked those as well! LOL

Quote:
I forgot to mention that the DG sale ad also advertises 2-packs of Post-It brand sticky notes for 2/$1 and .25 each is a good deal for Post-It brand. I saw gray and blue in packs as well as the regular yellow ones.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:01 AM   #4007
Mad Swapper

Here's an altered composition book that I did for my sister-in-law's birthday gift. How much do you think I could get for a set like this one?
Old 07-20-2010, 10:10 AM   #4008
Insane Embellisher

Christel, your comp book set is beautiful, I bought a couple last week to give it a try, I haven't had the time yet, but I will. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:11 AM   #4009
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris062 View Post
I made these last year and sold out too! I did not decorate the back, just the front but I think it looks better if the back is covered (hindsight is 20/20). I struggled with finding a way to get them to stay put inside the bag so if you come up with anything, please share!
I covered my pattys with a decorated scallop circle on front and back and didn't have any problems with them staying in the sleeve...they were actually pretty snug.

Here is the pix from my gallery....working on some for a Halloween show and will post those later.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:18 AM   #4010
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Here's an altered composition book that I did for my sister-in-law's birthday gift. How much do you think I could get for a set like this one?
Beautiful book. I assume when you say "set" that you mean the pen and the book. I don't know how much you could charge but I do know I'd consider buying one. Very nice.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:31 AM   #4011
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by imlynne View Post
I found the Pearson's round ones at WMart right next to the name brand.
Thanks for all the great ideas, suggestions and help.
I was lucky enough to find the pretty clipboards at DT too and did them up with a small pad of paper, then punched 2 holes to hold a pen. Made a scalloped tag and tied it up in a cello bag. They look really pretty.
Do you find that they sell better if they are wrapped up in a cello bag? I have a photo of the mini clipboard I did in my gallery, but wasn't sure if I needed to take the time to bag them or not.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:02 PM   #4012
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via AIM to Scamper64 Send a message via Yahoo to Scamper64

I have found there are actually two different sizes of "pretzel" bags. I believe the Wilton brand, while more expensive, are a bit smaller and perfect to keep the patties in place. It's a snug fit but they do stay put!

But, what if in the bags that they move around too much . . . what about adding a piece of cardstock in the bag--cut to fit--and using a glue dot to attach the back of the patties to the cardstock? If you did that, you'd not even need to decorate the back of the patties. Would that work? It could even come out the top and folder over to create a topper . . . maybe I'll try this to see if what I'm picturing in my little pea brain would work in real life! LOL
Old 07-20-2010, 12:34 PM   #4013
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitysmom View Post
I covered my pattys with a decorated scallop circle on front and back and didn't have any problems with them staying in the sleeve...they were actually pretty snug.

Here is the pix from my gallery....working on some for a Halloween show and will post those later.
I remember these from last year, and I still love them! Here are the ones I did last year. I sold them for $2.50 a sleeve and I only sold about 10 of them.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:35 PM   #4014
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldumont999 View Post
Beautiful book. I assume when you say "set" that you mean the pen and the book. I don't know how much you could charge but I do know I'd consider buying one. Very nice.
Yes, I mean set because of the matching pen. I was planning on selling my composition book/pen sets for $5, but wonder if I could get a little more for one like this. I don't want to over-price though.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:58 PM   #4015
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Hershey Bar Alert!!!

I think someone mentioned they were looking for the regular size Hershey bars on sale to make the chocolate sliders. I saw them at Wal-Mart today for $2.48 for a pack of six, which makes them under .42 each. A pretty good price because they are usually $3 or $3.50 per pack. They were on an end cap in the grocery section with all sorts of "s'mores necessities" such as graham crackers, marshmallows, etc.
WOW! Were you at Wal-Mart Grocery or a Super Walmart?

I'm hoping ours has some, need them for "Christmas Fudge"
Old 07-20-2010, 01:01 PM   #4016
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennunder View Post
Do you find that they sell better if they are wrapped up in a cello bag? I have a photo of the mini clipboard I did in my gallery, but wasn't sure if I needed to take the time to bag them or not.
I'm bagging or packaging all my stuff - the toppers are computer generated so I just cut and score, and it's pretty quick. We did help my grandma with a craft show, I made some stuff for her to sell, and people seemed to reach for my stuff that was bagged up with toppers rather than the stuff that wasnt...I think it's because it looks "finished" and ready for them to give without wrapping. People like it when you take care of that for them! PLUS it will protect your stuff, if people thumb through it, it won't ruin the item because they will only be touching the bag.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:02 PM   #4017
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
I like it, very pretty!
Old 07-20-2010, 01:04 PM   #4018
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Hey Nikki,

There are two pads with 100 notes per pad, so each pack has 200. Here is the DG flyer (it takes a while to load) and the post-its are advertised in the upper left section. HTH! http://www.dollargeneral.com/waystos...rFlipPage.aspx
Thank you so much! We're going to buy them out. I really appreciate it!!
Old 07-20-2010, 03:40 PM   #4019
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Very nice set. I am also trying to decide at what to price mine. Do you also cover your inside covers? Mine are covered on the inside covers and has an attached ribbon book mark too. I was thinking at least 6.50 each or 2 for 12.00. I know we got our comp books for .25 ea now, but we have to keep in mind if we have to make more and pay full price for the comp book what would we price them for? I couldn't fine any RSVP pens on sale and had to pay full price for them. Would love some more advise on pricing these sets too.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:34 PM   #4020
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennunder View Post
Yes. I would ( I do) bag everything. Then have one of each not bagged for people to pick up, touch, and thumb thru.

Do you sell cards? I have sold a lot more cards since I do: 10 cards get a free card box. Most of the people tell me they are Christmas gifts for grandmother.

I love your silk flowers and your ID holder mini album. I think I have an old blouse I'm going to cut up and make some flowers.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:45 PM   #4021
Glitter Queen

[QUOTE=janellecunningham;7676724] I sold 30 Scrapbook In A Box at $5 each.
Do you mind describing this scrapbook idea. Sounds like something I might like to try.

Magnet Marbles I saw on this thread somewhere. Are these "real marbles" or the square clear glass tiles sold in a sheet that is 12x12?

Have been enjoying all the ideas here. Thanks to everyone. Some are several years old. Are the same things selling today that sold several years ago?
Old 07-20-2010, 04:51 PM   #4022
Matboard Maniac

Default magnet marbles

I would imagine that these are the flat glass 'marbles' that people use for this type of project. The ones I have seen have a small picture or graphic that shows through to the front when stuck vial the magnet to a metal surface.
Maybe someone who has made them will jump in.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:55 PM   #4023
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhb1281 View Post
Very nice set. I am also trying to decide at what to price mine. Do you also cover your inside covers? Mine are covered on the inside covers and has an attached ribbon book mark too. I was thinking at least 6.50 each or 2 for 12.00. I know we got our comp books for .25 ea now, but we have to keep in mind if we have to make more and pay full price for the comp book what would we price them for? I couldn't fine any RSVP pens on sale and had to pay full price for them. Would love some more advise on pricing these sets too.
I do not cover the inside of mine, it might seem strange, but I think that the information on the inside cover is useful. Plus, that would almost double my altering costs. I did a ribbon bookmark on one that I finished last night. I will probably do most of them with the bookmark from now on. I think that $6.50 is a steal. I was thinking of $7.50 for that particular one of mine, maybe 2 for $13. For the more basic ones I was thinking of doing $6 each or 2 for $10.

I bought the RSVP pens at Walmart, not on sale. I have gone to the Dollar General to buy their 10 pack for $2 after a recommendation on this thread. That will cut my pen cost down substantially.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:18 PM   #4024
Matboard Maniac

[QUOTE=Lfromtn;17042875]
Quote:
Originally Posted by janellecunningham View Post
I sold 30 Scrapbook In A Box at $5 each.
Do you mind describing this scrapbook idea. Sounds like something I might like to try.

Magnet Marbles I saw on this thread somewhere. Are these "real marbles" or the square clear glass tiles sold in a sheet that is 12x12?

Have been enjoying all the ideas here. Thanks to everyone. Some are several years old. Are the same things selling today that sold several years ago?
They are flat glass marbles that you can buy in the floral section of a craft supply store- there is a layer of cardstock- stamped or designer paper and then a magnet attached to that.

ALL NEW!! As of 6/20/11 http://stamperstacey.blogspot.com/
Old 07-20-2010, 05:21 PM   #4025
Pearl-ExPert

We just got back from Dollar General, and bought them out of post-its, mini mechanical pencils (3 for $1) and mini composition books (3 for $1). The post-its they had were blue and gray so I'm hoping the next one has pink/yellow or something like that. We'll hit a couple more stores to finish stocking up - so thank you for the tip!
Old 07-20-2010, 06:46 PM   #4026
Matboard Maniac

Nikki, glad you found some goodies at DG today. As for the Hershey bars at Wal-Mart, I think our store is a Super Center because it has an optical center and tire shop, as well as the home goods and groceries, but I am not 100% sure... Hope you find some!
Old 07-20-2010, 07:49 PM   #4027
Crimping Master

Default Halloween Stuff

Quote:
....working on some for a Halloween show and will post those later.
Here are a few of the items that I am working on for a show in October...

Halloween Suckers
100_5304.jpg

Halloween Peppermint Patties
100_5299.jpg

Halloween M&M Stix
100_5314.jpg

Tired....have a good night all!
Beth
Old 07-20-2010, 07:53 PM   #4028
Matboard Maniac

Beth, your items look GREAT! What is the name of that cute Halloween stamp set? I especially like your M&M 1x8 bags. Too cute!
Old 07-20-2010, 07:59 PM   #4029
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Here are a few of the items that I am working on for a show in October...

Halloween Suckers
Attachment 191059

Halloween Peppermint Patties
Attachment 191060

Halloween M&M Stix
Attachment 191061

Tired....have a good night all!
Beth

Super cute. I love those stamps. The suckers would look really cute: take an old shoe box and decorate it with paper. Poke little holes in the top and stick the suckers in the holes sticking up.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:02 PM   #4030
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Beth, your items look GREAT! What is the name of that cute Halloween stamp set? I especially like your M&M 1x8 bags. Too cute!
Batty for You
$23.95
Stampin Up

http://204.228.150.61/20102011catalo...US_reduced.pdf

(i was just looking at the catalog when you asked that question).
Old 07-20-2010, 08:29 PM   #4031
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by not2shabbydesigns View Post
Batty for You
$23.95
Stampin Up

http://204.228.150.61/20102011catalo...US_reduced.pdf

(i was just looking at the catalog when you asked that question).
I also have that stamp set circled "Need to Buy" but haven't yet. I absolutely love it. I may have to buy it this time before it goes away....

As far as my peppermint patty strips. I do mine the same way as some of the samples above. Using the Scallop punch from SU. I do decorate the back, but instead of the scallop circle, in the back, I just used a matching PP in the 1 3/8 punch by SU. It still coordinates, but less work.

PS: The nuggets in the pretzel bags are adorable! I love that Halloween set too. VERY CUTE!
Old 07-20-2010, 08:35 PM   #4032
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via MSN to guineverelady

where do you get the cello bags?
Old 07-21-2010, 05:44 AM   #4033
Crimping Master

Quote:
They are 2 different SU sets...Booglie Eyes and Batty For You - these sets on ebay or in the BST forum.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:46 AM   #4034
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by not2shabbydesigns View Post
Super cute. I love those stamps. The suckers would look really cute: take an old shoe box and decorate it with paper. Poke little holes in the top and stick the suckers in the holes sticking up.
I have a large piece of foam that I spray painted purple and I display them in there. Looks really cute on a table....
Old 07-21-2010, 05:48 AM   #4035
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineverelady View Post
where do you get the cello bags?
I get my bags here. They are the 1x8" cello - no zip on top but does have the little adhesive strip that folds over to seal. I usually cut it off anyway....

They have the best price that I have found! Shipping was reasonable and extremely quick!
Old 07-21-2010, 06:11 AM   #4036
Rubber Obsessor

Default magnet marbles

I made a whole bunch of these marble magnets, and they were fun to make. I'm going to put them in bags of 4 and try to sell them for $1 or $1.50. Maybe $2. I think my costs for 4 are around 60 cents? I'll post pictures in a bit.

[QUOTE=mrsskgilbert;17043117]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfromtn View Post

They are flat glass marbles that you can buy in the floral section of a craft supply store- there is a layer of cardstock- stamped or designer paper and then a magnet attached to that.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:12 AM   #4037
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsbynikki View Post
We just got back from Dollar General, and bought them out of post-its, mini mechanical pencils (3 for $1) and mini composition books (3 for $1). The post-its they had were blue and gray so I'm hoping the next one has pink/yellow or something like that. We'll hit a couple more stores to finish stocking up - so thank you for the tip!
What are you using the mechanical pencils for? Thanks in advance!
Old 07-21-2010, 06:14 AM   #4038
Rubber Obsessor

Beth--your stuff looks great!
Old 07-21-2010, 06:20 AM   #4039
Rubber Obsessor

Default pebble magnets

Ok, here are 3 of the little glass pebble magnets I've made. What do you think I should charge for these? TIA!
Attached Thumbnails
magnets-cross.jpg   magnets-starfish.jpg   magnets-trout.jpg  
Old 07-21-2010, 06:59 AM   #4040
Matboard Maniac

Loribelle, those magnets are cute! If your cost to make them is .60 I would charge at least $1.50 so you make a 1.5% profit.