Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-19-2010, 06:50 AM   #3961
Matboard Maniac

I forgot to mention that the DG sale ad also advertises 2-packs of Post-It brand sticky notes for 2/$1 and .25 each is a good deal for Post-It brand. I saw gray and blue in packs as well as the regular yellow ones.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-19-2010, 07:06 AM   #3962
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via AIM to Scamper64 Send a message via Yahoo to Scamper64

I had some fun this weekend making some cute and simple sticky note holders. These are quick and easy--and I think pack a lot of punch in a small item. (Some more punch than others!) I am thinking of pricing them at $3 each or 2/$5. Think that is fair or too much?

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1752328

Thanks for looking!
Old 07-19-2010, 08:24 AM   #3963
Matboard Maniac

Kim, your post it holders are really cute and I think $3 each or 2/$5 is very reasonable.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:25 AM   #3964
Matboard Maniac

I found a great link on the Cricut website with craft show hot sellers: http://www.cricut.com/messageboard/t...907000&mpage=1. There are some really great ideas and most do not use a Cricut specifically so they are friendly for everyone! It is 18 pages, so it may take you a while to read it all...
Old 07-19-2010, 10:18 AM   #3965
Kookie Creator

Ok quick question...do you sell your cards with envelopes or just the cards themselves?
Old 07-19-2010, 11:10 AM   #3966
Insane Embellisher

I just went to Big Lots on my lunch hour. Unfortunately, they did not have any of the mini-comp books.

I am going to have to find a Dollar General Store to check out.

Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krafty*Kate View Post
Dollar General Store Enabler Alert!!

Today I went to the Dollar General Store and they had some GREAT items for altering! In the two DG stores I went to, these items were located in the section with the summer stuff, but some stores may put it with the back-to-school supplies? They had all sorts of decorations for lockers - such as hooks, mirrors, large push pins, cork strips, magnetic notepads, write-on pads, mini organization baskets, etc. But the most exciting finds were the following:

* 3-pack of decorated file folders for $1 (these are not as heavy-weight as the Divoga brand at Office Max, but those are much more expensive and these are a sturdy cardstock that I think will alter well for the jr legal pad RSVP notebooks.) There were two different colors / themes available - the inside of the folders are solid colored, not patterned.

* 3-pack of mini mechanical pencils for .50!!! Colors included are blue, pink, and purple. They measure a little under 4 inches. They do not come with a pocket clip.

* 5-pack of 1 1/4 inch binder clips in pretty colors with "texting" phrases (LOL, OMG, IDK) for $1. Not that great of deal for .20 each, but could still make a nice profit using them as part of the coaster post-it note holders and they are not plain black!

** THE BEST DEAL... 6-pack of colored jumbo paper clips for $1!!! The gold jumbo paper clips are $2.29 for 5 at our Office Max, so this is a real bargain! The paper clips are coated in plastic and measure 4 inches. Colors included are orange, red, purple, yellow, green, and blue. These will be great for making the jumbo paperclip bookmarks.

Also, today at Big Lots (in the back-to-school section) I found 3 packs of the mini comp books for $1. They are the black and white marble cover and the cover is not chipboard, but is sturdy cardstock that I think will hold up well. Plus, BL had a 20% coupon good only for today so I got to use that too. I only bought 3 packs and am now kicking myself that I did not buy more, especially for .80 a pack. ACK! Might have to go back soon and spend the extra .20 for more!

Happy shopping!!
Old 07-19-2010, 11:24 AM   #3967
Compulsive Stamper

I was wondering if anyone has sold the peppermint patty spiders at a craft show and how did you price them? This will be the first year I've done a show before Halloween and was thinking of doing some of these. Thanks!
Old 07-19-2010, 12:26 PM   #3968
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via AIM to Scamper64 Send a message via Yahoo to Scamper64

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetickatie View Post
Ok quick question...do you sell your cards with envelopes or just the cards themselves?
Personally every card I sell includes an envelope.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:43 PM   #3969
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Yahoo to paris062

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
Before you order any displays and pay full price, look on craigslist. I bought two card racks for myself and then was able to find some for friends as well. You have to check everyday and don't get discouraged if you don't find one right away. It will save you a lot of money.

As far as taking pictures, set up a table with anything you have made so far in some baskets or some such thing. Be sure to cover the tables with something. They really don't seem to care if your things aren't arranged the same way the day of the show. They want to make sure you don't say you are doing papercrafts and show up with cards you bought at a flea market for 25 cents and are re-selling. Some like to limit the number of vendors selling a particular item. (Especially true if you sell jewelry like my husband does)
I second the craigslist search. I stalked craigslist daily until a card spinner popped up. I scored a small spinner for $5!!!!!! Well worth the wait. I bought 12x12 paper racks for my craft area off craigslist too.

Luckily, my MIL used to do shows with ceramics so she was super-excited to give me all of her display stuff. I have stands that have different levels and dual pegboard connected by a hinge. She also had beautiful black skirting that looks awesome. I really lucked out with her having all this stuff.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:47 PM   #3970
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by studio2671 View Post
I was wondering if anyone has sold the peppermint patty spiders at a craft show and how did you price them? This will be the first year I've done a show before Halloween and was thinking of doing some of these. Thanks!
I sold them last year for .75 cents. Pretty much sold out. Then I used the left overs for Christmas ones that I put in a clear pretzel stick bag (3 to a bag) and added a tag. Those sold for $1 but I should have asked for more. I probably will this year. Be careful how much you buy though. I am trying to avoid that this year so I do not have any candy or food items left over that won't last til the following year - i.e. marshmallows!
Old 07-19-2010, 02:04 PM   #3971
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks, Lisa! That was the price I had in mind, so that is reassuring. Pricing the really small items is tough! I think I'll make a batch to take to the show and then assemble the paper part for additional mints that I could put together quickly if needed. Food is always tricky! One year I made a bunch of popcorn sliders and only one sold! At least my kiddos wanted the popcorn. It's the leftover chocolate that is dangerous for me!
Old 07-19-2010, 02:25 PM   #3972
Gallery Gazer

.....a little off topic, but how long do you think chocolate stays good?

I dont thnk that kisses, for example, have an expiration date. So, if I buy a bag, is it still good two months later? 6 months? 12 months?
Old 07-19-2010, 02:38 PM   #3973
Compulsive Stamper

Most chocolate does have an expiration date - nuggets, Ghirardelli squares. The mint patties don't and I'm only comfortable with about six months max. That's knowing that it was fresh when purchased (my Walmart is out half the time, so when they are in stock I assume they're fresh!) and I make sure to keep them in a cool spot. I'm planning to do more holiday shows this year, so I'll try to make ahead only the paper portion and complete the assembly in smaller batches before each show. I've done that in the past with the nugget tins and it worked out well. When doing multiple themes, it also gives you a chance to see what is selling best, too. You never know from year to year. : )
Old 07-19-2010, 03:12 PM   #3974
Matboard Maniac

I found some great things at Dollar Tree today! The ones I am most excited about are the mini clipboards 5 3/4" x 8" for $1 and a pkg. of 20 favor boxes in the Wedding section for $1. I am already working on altering them. I will post pictures soon.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:18 PM   #3975
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamper64 View Post
I had some fun this weekend making some cute and simple sticky note holders. These are quick and easy--and I think pack a lot of punch in a small item. (Some more punch than others!) I am thinking of pricing them at $3 each or 2/$5. Think that is fair or too much?

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1752328

Thanks for looking!
those are adorable, and i would much rather have one of those sitting on my desk than the ugly yellow sticky pads alone.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:46 PM   #3976
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Thanks, Lisa! That was the price I had in mind, so that is reassuring. Pricing the really small items is tough! I think I'll make a batch to take to the show and then assemble the paper part for additional mints that I could put together quickly if needed. Food is always tricky! One year I made a bunch of popcorn sliders and only one sold! At least my kiddos wanted the popcorn. It's the leftover chocolate that is dangerous for me!
That is exactly what I did. I made up a bunch and took some supplies to make more if I needed. It also helped passed the time when things were slow.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:57 PM   #3977
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris062 View Post
I sold them last year for .75 cents. Pretty much sold out. Then I used the left overs for Christmas ones that I put in a clear pretzel stick bag (3 to a bag) and added a tag. Those sold for $1 but I should have asked for more. I probably will this year. Be careful how much you buy though. I am trying to avoid that this year so I do not have any candy or food items left over that won't last til the following year - i.e. marshmallows!
Are you finding the Peppermint Patties in the round shape? I made some of these for Easter and searched everywhere for the round ones. I was able to find three bags at three different stores (hidden between the square packaged ones). I was told that they aren't making them in the round packaging anymore.

Do you plan on using the square packages?
Old 07-19-2010, 05:35 PM   #3978
Compulsive Stamper

I don't believe York makes them with the round packaging anymore. I started using the Pearson's brand. I actually like them better than the York!
Old 07-19-2010, 05:39 PM   #3979
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Dollar General Store Enabler Alert!!

Happy shopping!!
Thank you for the information, and on the post it pads! I really need a ton of post-its and mini comp books. I'm hoping our BL has the comp books and our DG has the post-its. Thanks again

~Nikki
Old 07-19-2010, 05:41 PM   #3980
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
I don't believe York makes them with the round packaging anymore. I started using the Pearson's brand. I actually like them better than the York!
Where do you buy the Pearson's brand?
Old 07-19-2010, 05:44 PM   #3981
Pearl-ExPert

Does anyone know where I can buy individual serving packages of pillow mints that are NOT in custom wrappers? I am wanting them for "Efl pillows"
Old 07-19-2010, 05:46 PM   #3982
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsbynikki View Post
I purchase mine from Walmart. I believe Walgreens may carry them, too.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:51 PM   #3983
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
I forgot to mention that the DG sale ad also advertises 2-packs of Post-It brand sticky notes for 2/$1 and .25 each is a good deal for Post-It brand. I saw gray and blue in packs as well as the regular yellow ones.
Kate, how many sheets were in a pad of the post-its?

Thanks,
~Nikki
Old 07-19-2010, 06:17 PM   #3984
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
I purchase mine from Walmart. I believe Walgreens may carry them, too.
Thank you

~Nikki
Old 07-19-2010, 06:36 PM   #3985
Stampin' Fool

Thumbs up

Quote:
Get them at Wal Mart. They are with the bagged candies. I am also going to check at Sam's Club and Costco. I see them in Restaurants in the big tubs. I suspect they get them there.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:36 PM   #3986
Pearl-ExPert

Today at OfficeMax we found .5 oz purrell brand hand sanitizer for 10 for $1 - we are using them in our shopping survival kits and in our get well kits. Just in case anybody needed any for their projects. I put them in mini zip bags with a coordinating topper.

It might just be a local thing, I don't know for sure.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:37 PM   #3987
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflathem View Post
Get them at Wal Mart. They are with the bagged candies. I am also going to check at Sam's Club and Costco. I see them in Restaurants in the big tubs. I suspect they get them there.
Thanks!
Old 07-19-2010, 06:51 PM   #3988
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Today at OfficeMax we found .5 oz purrell brand hand sanitizer for 10 for $1 - we are using them in our shopping survival kits and in our get well kits. Just in case anybody needed any for their projects. I put them in mini zip bags with a coordinating topper.

It might just be a local thing, I don't know for sure.
Great idea!!!
Old 07-19-2010, 06:59 PM   #3989
Crimping Master

Default Post It Nptes - ENABLER!!!

Staples has their 3x3" Post It Notes $5.00 for 12 pads! Limit 2...but you can take your daughter like I did!

This is the best price that I have found so far.....

Beth
Old 07-19-2010, 07:12 PM   #3990
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitysmom View Post
Staples has their 3x3" Post It Notes $5.00 for 12 pads! Limit 2...but you can take your daughter like I did!

This is the best price that I have found so far.....

Beth
I just saw this same ad online but didn't notice the limit of 2. Will have to check it again. I guess I know where I am going after work tomorrow. I have completed about 45 sticky note holders with gel pens. I am doing 4 shows and have never made these before. Is 45 enough or should I make more?? How many does everyone usually sell at a show??
Old 07-19-2010, 07:16 PM   #3991
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
I have seen the Pearson's brand mint patties at Big Lots and Family Dollar (different from Dollar General)...
Old 07-19-2010, 07:17 PM   #3992
Stampin' Fool

My girlfriend found 6 pack of the mini gel pens at miejers today 6/$1 and in target dollar spot the regular size gel pens 4/$1. She also pick up small 5x7 dry erase boards at target for $1 each.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:20 PM   #3993
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Kate, how many sheets were in a pad of the post-its?

Thanks,
~Nikki
Hey Nikki,

There are two pads with 100 notes per pad, so each pack has 200. Here is the DG flyer (it takes a while to load) and the post-its are advertised in the upper left section. HTH! http://www.dollargeneral.com/waystos...rFlipPage.aspx
Old 07-19-2010, 07:22 PM   #3994
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Today at OfficeMax we found .5 oz purrell brand hand sanitizer for 10 for $1 - we are using them in our shopping survival kits and in our get well kits. Just in case anybody needed any for their projects. I put them in mini zip bags with a coordinating topper. It might just be a local thing, I don't know for sure.
I hope our Office Max has these on sale - will check tomorrow!!!
Old 07-19-2010, 07:28 PM   #3995
Matboard Maniac

Talking Hershey Bars on Sale!!

Hershey Bar Alert!!!

I think someone mentioned they were looking for the regular size Hershey bars on sale to make the chocolate sliders. I saw them at Wal-Mart today for $2.48 for a pack of six, which makes them under .42 each. A pretty good price because they are usually $3 or $3.50 per pack. They were on an end cap in the grocery section with all sorts of "s'mores necessities" such as graham crackers, marshmallows, etc.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:56 PM   #3996
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Hershey Bar Alert!!!

I think someone mentioned they were looking for the regular size Hershey bars on sale to make the chocolate sliders. I saw them at Wal-Mart today for $2.48 for a pack of six, which makes them under .42 each. A pretty good price because they are usually $3 or $3.50 per pack. They were on an end cap in the grocery section with all sorts of "s'mores necessities" such as graham crackers, marshmallows, etc.
That's an amazing price!!!
Old 07-20-2010, 12:50 AM   #3997
Matboard Maniac

Default peppermint patties

I found the Pearson's round ones at WMart right next to the name brand.
Thanks for all the great ideas, suggestions and help.
I was lucky enough to find the pretty clipboards at DT too and did them up with a small pad of paper, then punched 2 holes to hold a pen. Made a scalloped tag and tied it up in a cello bag. They look really pretty.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:20 AM   #3998
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by imlynne View Post
I found the Pearson's round ones at WMart right next to the name brand.
Thanks for all the great ideas, suggestions and help.
I was lucky enough to find the pretty clipboards at DT too and did them up with a small pad of paper, then punched 2 holes to hold a pen. Made a scalloped tag and tied it up in a cello bag. They look really pretty.
I would love to see a photo of this!
Old 07-20-2010, 08:26 AM   #3999
Die Cut Diva

Thanks for the info on the Pearson's brand mints. I made candy strips using the pretzel cello bags and put in four decorated mints. Tied a ribbon and tag on top and sold them for $2 each or 3 for $5. They sold in less than 15 minutes. I made about 40 of them.

Thanks for all the inspirations too! I haven't tried the post it note holders but they are really cute. I have a Secret Pal at work so I'll experiment on her .

Dorlene
Old 07-20-2010, 08:34 AM   #4000
Matboard Maniac

Default clipboard sets

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAmomof2 View Post
I would love to see a photo of this!
You can see a photo here:
http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z...et100_2545.jpg

Now remember, these come already covered, so it was easy to do.