Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-13-2007, 03:35 PM   #361
Gallery Gazer

Tilly, that is a great idea. I have a bag in my car of that stuff. I never thought to make it look nice. Great idea!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-14-2007, 05:47 AM   #362
Insane Embellisher

I am making the toothfairy boxes. Instead of the Altoid tins, I am buying the small square papermache boxes at Walmart for 67 cents. I have painted them to match the paper that I am using. They look really cute. When I can get a picture of it I will upload it.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:16 AM   #363
Gallery Gazer

What a good idea! I can't wait to see them!
Old 10-14-2007, 06:40 PM   #364
Cardstock Collector

Default First show this season

I held my first craft show yesterday for the year. It was put on by a sorority at a high school. Booth space was $25 and they did not supply tables or chairs. My goal was $150 and I made $179. Not bad considering that everything that I make is out of paper. Here is what I sold at what prices:
Scrapbook In A Box $5 each, sold 20
Business Card Holders with a paper clip bookmark $3, sold 3
Nugget boxes $1.50, sold 8
I only sold 1 medium shoe @ 2.50
Christmas Trees made out of 10 cut pieces of paper @ $7, sold 2 out of 3, they are a pain to make
Fall Leaf Pins $2, sold 4
Nugget Purses .50 each, sold 13
Candy Airplanes made with 2 lifesavers, 1 stick of gum, 1 smarties pk and a rubber band @ .50 and sold 15
Strawberries filled with kisses $1.50, sold 3
Sour Cream filled with M&M's, $1 and sold 0
Gift bags with embellished tags $2, sold 6
I had a lot compliments. Several vendors that had setup at this show before said that sales were down from last year. So I guess I am happy with what I made.
My next show is Nov. 2nd at the hospital that I work. I also have a show the next day in the town next to us, how stupid am I?
Old 10-14-2007, 06:50 PM   #365
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by janellecunningham View Post
I held my first craft show yesterday for the year. It was put on by a sorority at a high school. Booth space was $25 and they did not supply tables or chairs. My goal was $150 and I made $179. Not bad considering that everything that I make is out of paper. Here is what I sold at what prices:
Scrapbook In A Box $5 each, sold 20
Business Card Holders with a paper clip bookmark $3, sold 3
Nugget boxes $1.50, sold 8
I only sold 1 medium shoe @ 2.50
Christmas Trees made out of 10 cut pieces of paper @ $7, sold 2 out of 3, they are a pain to make
Fall Leaf Pins $2, sold 4
Nugget Purses .50 each, sold 13
Candy Airplanes made with 2 lifesavers, 1 stick of gum, 1 smarties pk and a rubber band @ .50 and sold 15
Strawberries filled with kisses $1.50, sold 3
Sour Cream filled with M&M's, $1 and sold 0
Gift bags with embellished tags $2, sold 6
I had a lot compliments. Several vendors that had setup at this show before said that sales were down from last year. So I guess I am happy with what I made.
My next show is Nov. 2nd at the hospital that I work. I also have a show the next day in the town next to us, how stupid am I?
Congratulations on what you made. Can I ask what a scrapbook in a box is?
Old 10-14-2007, 07:00 PM   #366
Cardstock Collector

It is the box that when you take the lid off the sides fall down. Each side has 4 layers and the whole box will hold 30 pictures. It only takes 5 12x12 pieces of paper. I think it is also called other names, something with explosion in the name. Not sure.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:10 PM   #367
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by janellecunningham View Post
It is the box that when you take the lid off the sides fall down. Each side has 4 layers and the whole box will hold 30 pictures. It only takes 5 12x12 pieces of paper. I think it is also called other names, something with explosion in the name. Not sure.
Ok, I think I have seen those. You only charged $5 for those? They seem like they would take awhile to make. I am taking a break for making tins for my craft sale that is coming soon! I keep watching this thread and adding things to my list of things to make!!
Old 10-14-2007, 09:41 PM   #368
Kookie Creator

Default Charging TOO LITTLE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twyant View Post
Ok, I think I have seen those. You only charged $5 for those? They seem like they would take awhile to make. I am taking a break for making tins for my craft sale that is coming soon! I keep watching this thread and adding things to my list of things to make!!
Gal, you are charging too little for your work!
At $5 each, you are barely getting your money back. I'll take 20 for me at your price, and then turn around and sell them for $10 -- with much less work!~

Seriously -- consider charging more!
What is a "strawberry" by the way? Is it a triangle box, with ribbons at the top?

Julie
http://inkingitup.blogspot.com
Old 10-15-2007, 07:05 AM   #369
Pearl-ExPert

Pricing is always hard for a sale, and sometimes you have to price to get things to sell, but still make some money. I did a sale this weekend in my town, and I marked my stuff at a lesser price than I will sell them next week at a different town. This weekend's sale was at a church, I did it last year. We did OK last year, I did better this year and I marked my stuff a bit lower. Had a lot of lookers last year, more buyers this year. And at that sale, it was an 'older' crowd and they were all looking at the crocheted things, plastic canvas, not so much the stamped stuff. But I was very happy with what I did and made. I still marked my stuff about two times (some more than that) what it cost to make. If you are interested, I did the following:

mailboxes (Halloween, baby and Christmas), sold 4 at $5 each
nugget tents (Halloween and Christmas) sold a ton at 25 each
witches shoe - only sold a couple but I charged $2 for them
tooth fairy tins (and thank you to this site for this idea - well for all of
them actually) those were a huge hit, everyone liked them and I sold 4
at $3.50 each
cards - I went through all my cards at the last minute, put them out at $1.25
each and get one free with purchase of 5 and went through a ton of them
composition notebooks - charged $4 for them - got a free pen (not a beaded
but RSVP with coordinating paper in them) otherwise the pens were $1 and
I sold about 5 of the notebooks
jumbo paperclips which are bookmarks - those were a hit and I sold about 20
of them at $1 each - used 'kid' designs - Wild about You, Very Puny
Nugget boxes - charged $1.50 for small and $2.00 for bigger box and also
had a set with a card for $3.50 (small - four piece box) and sold a bunch
of them
tile coasters - sold two sets at $10 each
and I had some other stuff on the table too, mugs (that you decorate the inside - Starbucks have them but mine came from the Dollar Store) - sold one at $5, picture frames ($5 and sold three of them)
I also made pedicure and manicure boxes (Target has sets in their Dollar Spot and I used the little lunch boxes they had there before) - sold them for
$5 each.
My table was packed when I started, and kind of empty when I was done - Sold more than half of the items I brought for the sale!
At the next sale, I'm going to do more of the manicure/pedicare boxes, tooth fairy boxes, bookmarks, planner/notebooks and do up some scrapbooks. I think that will be a 'younger' crowd, more people with younger or teenage kids and I think I can get more and sell more to them. We'll see though, I haven't done that sale before but I have good thoughts about doing it!
Old 10-15-2007, 08:19 AM   #370
Matboard Maniac

mrussom

Thank you so much for sharing your sale information with us. It truely helps to see how much other people are selling things for and how well they do at that price.

Could you show us a picture of the paper clip bookmarks?

Thanks
Old 10-15-2007, 08:37 AM   #371
Gallery Gazer

I would love to see them too. I've only seen them with flowers. Thanks so much!
Old 10-15-2007, 08:47 AM   #372
Die Cut Diva

Subscribing so I can find this later. Great ideas gals!
Old 10-15-2007, 09:50 AM   #373
Glitter Queen

Wish me luck this weekend...I'm setting up at a church flea market. They said they've had crafters in years past so we'll see. I've decided to have a section of "flea market" stuff too to at least help pay for the booth/table ($16). It's outside & I'm in Florida so I can't do the nuggets or many of the other candy items but I've done some clipboards, cards, post it holders (not the acrylic ones) and will also take some of my sewing creations. I also have some coasters.

I'm sure I'll have to price a little lower than a full fledged craft fair but at least I've gotten my feet wet with some new projects & can see how they go.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:24 AM   #374
Pearl-ExPert

Ok, this is NOT mine, but my bookmarks were similar to this: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&condition=and (if that doesn't work let me know). I put ribbon on it, but not as much as she did, and I didn't put it on paper/cardstock to display - attached mine to one of the coaster boxes (umm which DID NOT sell). I used two circle punches - I think 1 1/2 and 1 3/4 - whatever is in the book but I know the first one is more than an inch. The scallop would be great with it too, but I don't own that! So I stamped, punched out, punched out a bigger on coordinating or black cardstock, glued them together, used glue dots to stick the punched item to the paperclip top area, tied ribbon to the paperclip, and stuck a punched out circle (the bigger size) to the back - either with glue dots or dimensionals work good too because it accommodates the thickness of the clip - if you put the dimensionals on the back of the stamped punch circle. (And this is why I don't write the tutorials!). But really, a very simple project and they were just adorable!!! I also did some using the big and little pieces (I saw them in the gallery too) punched the big one, stamped and punched out the little pieces and adhered to the big piece with a dimensional for that layered effect! and adhered to the paperclip - put ribbon on them too. Those went as well. And the flowers went too, but they really liked the kid ones. I mentioned to many people how cute they would be on a gift card to a bookstore (and so it would be a good idea to have gift card holders too or maybe sell them with a gift card holder??) or attach it to a book that you are giving as a gift. The kids coming through really liked them too.

and the other thing I forgot to mention was I did reindeer and pumpkin poop (again found it here!) and people loved those. I think those things are just silly but they really do sell at craft fairs. Did the reindeer food too and people bought those up. Charged 50 cents for the little baggies of all of them, made a simple topper with the poems on them, and an easy cheap project that you make money off of! I used whoppers and milk duds (bought the movie type boxes on sale at Walgreens) and put about 10 in each little bag. Reindeer food was outmeal and either glitter or food sprinkle crystals for the sparkle!
Old 10-15-2007, 02:03 PM   #375
Glitter Queen

Y'all have me worked up now. How do I find out about getting into a craft sale? Tell me where to start!
Old 10-15-2007, 02:58 PM   #376
Pearl-ExPert

oh you can check with plenty of places...try your local PTA or PTO, or if your children are not in school contact the school district, they'll be able to tell you if any events are on the calendar. try your church. and check with your city and see if they have anything planned...sons of italy, groups like that! good luck!
Old 10-15-2007, 04:37 PM   #377
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrussom View Post
Ok, this is NOT mine, but my bookmarks were similar to this: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&condition=and (if that doesn't work let me know). I put ribbon on it, but not as much as she did, and I didn't put it on paper/cardstock to display - attached mine to one of the coaster boxes (umm which DID NOT sell). I used two circle punches - I think 1 1/2 and 1 3/4 - whatever is in the book but I know the first one is more than an inch. The scallop would be great with it too, but I don't own that! So I stamped, punched out, punched out a bigger on coordinating or black cardstock, glued them together, used glue dots to stick the punched item to the paperclip top area, tied ribbon to the paperclip, and stuck a punched out circle (the bigger size) to the back - either with glue dots or dimensionals work good too because it accommodates the thickness of the clip - if you put the dimensionals on the back of the stamped punch circle. (And this is why I don't write the tutorials!). But really, a very simple project and they were just adorable!!! I also did some using the big and little pieces (I saw them in the gallery too) punched the big one, stamped and punched out the little pieces and adhered to the big piece with a dimensional for that layered effect! and adhered to the paperclip - put ribbon on them too. Those went as well. And the flowers went too, but they really liked the kid ones. I mentioned to many people how cute they would be on a gift card to a bookstore (and so it would be a good idea to have gift card holders too or maybe sell them with a gift card holder??) or attach it to a book that you are giving as a gift. The kids coming through really liked them too.

and the other thing I forgot to mention was I did reindeer and pumpkin poop (again found it here!) and people loved those. I think those things are just silly but they really do sell at craft fairs. Did the reindeer food too and people bought those up. Charged 50 cents for the little baggies of all of them, made a simple topper with the poems on them, and an easy cheap project that you make money off of! I used whoppers and milk duds (bought the movie type boxes on sale at Walgreens) and put about 10 in each little bag. Reindeer food was outmeal and either glitter or food sprinkle crystals for the sparkle!

Thanks so much! I am going to have to add these to the ever growing list of things to make!
Old 10-15-2007, 07:09 PM   #378
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via AIM to pixie_stamper Send a message via Yahoo to pixie_stamper

great ideas ladies keep them comming!
Old 10-15-2007, 07:19 PM   #379
Mad Swapper

Oh, wow! Lots of ideas...subscribing to this too so I can find it later if I decide to join the school craft fair where my DH teaches. Thanks for sharing ladies!
Old 10-15-2007, 07:40 PM   #380
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassycassie View Post
Y'all have me worked up now. How do I find out about getting into a craft sale? Tell me where to start!

You can also look on the internet by going to Google and typing in surrounding cities and putting in craft fair....such as Columbia, MO + craft fair.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:44 AM   #381
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to Julesiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah4mu View Post
You can also look on the internet by going to Google and typing in surrounding cities and putting in craft fair....such as Columbia, MO + craft fair.
Lookee what I just found (by following your suggestion)
http://artsandcrafts.about.com/od/pr...rSubmitted.htm

That might be a good starting place for some!

my blog
Old 10-16-2007, 07:32 AM   #382
Pearl-ExPert

Another last minute thing that I did for my sale that was a good seller were these (again this is not my picture but I worked off of!): http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/655808 They were easy to do and people loved them. You couldn't use mine as a clip any longer, it was more of a holder (for pictures or memos or whatever and I put a card on one of them to say that). But lots of people thought they would be good ideas for place settings for Thanksgiving and Christmas tables.

and I did one of these last night (again these are examples I found in the gallery) http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&condition=and
they go together very easy and turn out great! BUT, I can't figure out how to 'close' them with the ribbon like they all did. So if one of you can, let me know! But I think I'm doing some of these for my next sale. Little notebooks fit into the pockets and one of the posters gave info and templates for some of the lists that she put into her pockets.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:05 AM   #383
Matboard Maniac

mrussom,

it said on the ladies picture (the one that you sent us) that those holiday planners were made with folders. Is that how you did yours? What kind of folder did you use?
Old 10-16-2007, 09:46 AM   #384
Pearl-ExPert

they are 8 1/2 x 11 file folders - like you would use in an office. They used white but I had manilla so that's what I used. I sort of followed the instructions I found in those threads, but basically you lay the folder out flat, fold it up by about four inches and then fold the left and right flaps in by half. by folding it up, you then make pockets! And cut paper and stick it on and add stickers or stamps or whatever, ribbon to close it off and add your lists, notepads, whatever for the pockets. But look at the threads for the pictures I posted because there are a couple of blogs where they give actual instructions with pictures. It was very easy to fold up and embellish. And we have folders here at work that we can't use any longer that I used. They did say in the instructions to use the folders where the label tab is at the first position, and some kept that tab on and some cut them off. I cut mine off (so they sides were all flat and even to each other) so I didn't really think it mattered which position file folder I had (and I didn't see that so I didn't have the first position ones anyway!). but it worked with the middle position one that I started with.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:03 AM   #385
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Another last minute thing that I did for my sale that was a good seller were these (again this is not my picture but I worked off of!): http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/655808 They were easy to do and people loved them. You couldn't use mine as a clip any longer, it was more of a holder (for pictures or memos or whatever and I put a card on one of them to say that). But lots of people thought they would be good ideas for place settings for Thanksgiving and Christmas tables.

and I did one of these last night (again these are examples I found in the gallery) http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&condition=and
they go together very easy and turn out great! BUT, I can't figure out how to 'close' them with the ribbon like they all did. So if one of you can, let me know! But I think I'm doing some of these for my next sale. Little notebooks fit into the pockets and one of the posters gave info and templates for some of the lists that she put into her pockets.

It looks like you wrap your ribbon around the file folder before you attach your layers to the front. This will help to hold your ribbon in place and then you can just tie it to close it. Hope this makes sense. I can't wait to try one myself!!
Old 10-16-2007, 12:30 PM   #386
Cardstock Collector

Thanks for all the great ideas - brand new here so I'll be checking back often. Keep the great ideas coming!
Old 10-16-2007, 01:08 PM   #387
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2scrapstamp View Post
It looks like you wrap your ribbon around the file folder before you attach your layers to the front. This will help to hold your ribbon in place and then you can just tie it to close it. Hope this makes sense. I can't wait to try one myself!!
Well that's what I thought too, but theirs still open up so the ribbon can't be attached like that - I think it would have to move with the folder when you open it - I ended up taping my back part together so its more of a book - it doesn't open all the way up (so you could lay it flat for example) like theirs look like they can do. But mine still worked out OK with it taped together. I'm going to make more tonight and maybe I can figure out how they did the ribbon. One blog said you snip in the back and put the ribbon through but I don't know where she was snipping. I don't want to snip somewhere and end up having it tear on me. Oh well, not a biggie I guess. Still liked doing them!
Old 10-16-2007, 01:13 PM   #388
Cardstock Collector

Great Ideas! Thanks for sharing. Gives me great ideas for quick thank you's to those who help out during the holidays and at the office.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:04 PM   #389
Kookie Creator

My good friend and I just finished a craft fair and we did pretty well. We sold mostly cards and a few chicken soup packets. We sell our cards at $2.50 for most and $3.00 for "interactive" cards. We call spinners and waterfall cards "interactive because people love to play with them. We did better than we thought we would at this fair, mainly because it was a street rod show! It was a 3 day show for $100 and we after that we made over $300. Good for us!
Old 10-17-2007, 06:08 AM   #390
Cardstock Collector

Wow, lots of info on this site!! I am loving all of the ideas and will continue watching to see what else you crafty people come up with!! I am planning to do a craft fair at our town Christmas Open House!
Old 10-21-2007, 08:14 AM   #391
Cardstock Collector

I've also never heard of candy cane seeds. They sound so cute. Please an I get a photo with the poem and instructions? I have a craft fair coming up and I've been sick and need to get some things made fast!
thanx
Old 10-22-2007, 08:17 AM   #392
SuG
Forum Fanatic

I did a great show on Thursday last week. It was held at a large company in the cafeteria. I only had to be there from 8:00AM to set up until 1:00 to start breaking down. It was while the kids were in school so I didn't use up family time. I made $180 not bad for a quickie!
I sold :
6 tile memo boards with stand and white board marker $8
2 nugget boxes $6 2 I only had I would have sold more if I had them!
4 snowman soup packs $3
1 onesie with moose stamped on it $10
4 marble magnets pack of 6 with snowflakes $2
2 altered lunch tins $15
1 small comp book $2
4 mand m treat bags with topper .50
2 Jumbo clip $1
1 Brag book $8
2 monster matching games can't remember what i priced these at maybe 3
2 tile coaster set of 4 $15
1 busy box (small tin with different games to take to dinner) $4
I think that is it.
I have a vendor fair/open house at a friends house on Friday night, not putting great expectations on this as I havedone these before and bombed. But it is a friend and I will see alot of people I know.

My big show is November 17 I will be busy replenishing whatever sells this week for that fair.
Su
Old 10-22-2007, 09:15 AM   #393
Cardstock Collector

I am thinking of making mini scrapbooks, brag books and such, what would you charge for these? I am in the Kansas City Missouri, (rural) area.
Quote:
Pricing is always hard for a sale, and sometimes you have to price to get things to sell, but still make some money. I did a sale this weekend in my town, and I marked my stuff at a lesser price than I will sell them next week at a different town. This weekend's sale was at a church, I did it last year. We did OK last year, I did better this year and I marked my stuff a bit lower. Had a lot of lookers last year, more buyers this year. And at that sale, it was an 'older' crowd and they were all looking at the crocheted things, plastic canvas, not so much the stamped stuff. But I was very happy with what I did and made. I still marked my stuff about two times (some more than that) what it cost to make. If you are interested, I did the following:

mailboxes (Halloween, baby and Christmas), sold 4 at $5 each
nugget tents (Halloween and Christmas) sold a ton at 25 each
witches shoe - only sold a couple but I charged $2 for them
tooth fairy tins (and thank you to this site for this idea - well for all of
them actually) those were a huge hit, everyone liked them and I sold 4
at $3.50 each
cards - I went through all my cards at the last minute, put them out at $1.25
each and get one free with purchase of 5 and went through a ton of them
composition notebooks - charged $4 for them - got a free pen (not a beaded
but RSVP with coordinating paper in them) otherwise the pens were $1 and
I sold about 5 of the notebooks
jumbo paperclips which are bookmarks - those were a hit and I sold about 20
of them at $1 each - used 'kid' designs - Wild about You, Very Puny
Nugget boxes - charged $1.50 for small and $2.00 for bigger box and also
had a set with a card for $3.50 (small - four piece box) and sold a bunch
of them
tile coasters - sold two sets at $10 each
and I had some other stuff on the table too, mugs (that you decorate the inside - Starbucks have them but mine came from the Dollar Store) - sold one at $5, picture frames ($5 and sold three of them)
I also made pedicure and manicure boxes (Target has sets in their Dollar Spot and I used the little lunch boxes they had there before) - sold them for
$5 each.
My table was packed when I started, and kind of empty when I was done - Sold more than half of the items I brought for the sale!
At the next sale, I'm going to do more of the manicure/pedicare boxes, tooth fairy boxes, bookmarks, planner/notebooks and do up some scrapbooks. I think that will be a 'younger' crowd, more people with younger or teenage kids and I think I can get more and sell more to them. We'll see though, I haven't done that sale before but I have good thoughts about doing it!
Old 10-23-2007, 03:54 AM   #394
Stazon Splitcoast

I love all of the ideas you ladies have. I am going to do my first craft show in December. Most of my things will be Christmas themed and some just because items. Thank you!!!
Old 10-23-2007, 05:58 AM   #395
Pearl-ExPert

SuG - How did you do the busy box? What kinds of games did you have in there - did you make the games? If you have examples or can tell me/us more about this, I'd be very interested. I have some plastic lunch boxes that I got at the Dollar Store and I need to find something to fill them with. This may just do the trick! I have seen a tic tac toe board on here, that was very cute. And the matching game. Any other ideas??
Old 10-23-2007, 09:10 AM   #396
Pearl-ExPert

You ladies are so full of ideas,just uploaded some of my craft sale stuff to my gallery. Have time to add a few of the things done here too. Back to work.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:27 AM   #397
Pearl-ExPert

Barbiejo - your craft sale stuff is great! The notebook images are so different than what I usually see. I like your pens too, I've only used the clear beads, maybe I'll try the colored. I didn't sell many of them last year so I didn't even bother with beading pens this year. But maybe they needed more color!
Old 10-23-2007, 10:47 AM   #398
SuG
Forum Fanatic

these were tin lunch boxes from dollar target spot (they had different candies in them) I made the tic tac toe board on cs and taped to the inner top of box. I made magnetic pieces with marbles. I made the matching game with very punny, and I altered atiny comp book with cute paper and put 3-4 crayons in.
Of course I meant to post the picture in my gallery this week but it has been way too hectic. I will let you know when i post it.
Su
Old 10-23-2007, 11:09 AM   #399
Glitter Queen

I am SOOOO excited. After reading this post, I sent in a check for my first craft fair. woo-hoo! I am excited and terrified all at the same time! P.S. I found a package of small tin pails in the wedding section at Target on clearance for $4 for a package of 16...originally $16. I cleaned out both Targets next to me...maybe you can get to your local Target before I do! These are an AWESOME find!
Cassie
Old 10-23-2007, 03:35 PM   #400
Stampin' Fool

Send a message via Yahoo to vramsey
Default Apple Festival

hi all,
i have been reading this thread for a few weeks in getting ready for my first booth at our local apple festival. i shared a booth with a friend. she made coasters, magnets, and single cards. i made card sets, some with organizers(folder type), all in bags with toppers, also single cards, and candles in bags with gift tags, and bookmarks that i laminated.

i took about 30 candles and only sold 5. i only sold one card set with folder. the best seller was bookmarks, i sold for $1.50. also single cards we sold $3.00 or 4 for $10. one lady bought 17 single cards. she was our biggest buyer. i sold several card sets with toppers for $8.00.
my friend sold 5 or 6 sets of coasters and only 1 set of magnets. her big seller was single cards.

we did learn one thing from some other crafters with booths. our apple festival would not let any booths sell food, because that was what was the orchard's biggest seller. and food is what most people bought. festivals are where people go for food and carnival rides. craft fairs are where people go to buy crafts.

we also learned about sunshine. even tho we had a tent over us, the sun still was shining in our booth. a lot of my candles that had bashful blue or celery or moss inks faded in one day. cards did too. bashful blue turned into a lavender, and green turned to tan. so you may want to watch for that.

in the end, we sold enough to make our weekend a nice one. but we still have a lot of merchandise left, so we are looking for another this year.
hope this helps you.
veronica

tooexcitedtosleep