Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-06-2011, 03:34 PM   #3721
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendykins View Post
Finally got my photos uploaded, they are in my gallery, but here are some thatpeople have asked about.

Let me know if you have any ?'s

LOVE that frame! And hey....I have that die, but never used it! I will now though! Thanks for the inspiration!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-06-2011, 03:37 PM   #3722
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh I also forgot to add to the above. A gal at work asked me to bring in some gift card holders for her to buy. I had them packed in a box with my corner bookmarks. My boss asked what was in the box (a shoe box) so I showed her. She ended up buying 6 of the bookmarks. Tonight she called me and asked if I could bring them back in tomorrow as she was showing some folks and they took all the ones she had bought. Oh and she asked me to make 23 more for the kids in her son's class!! And just imagine, if I hadn't brought the whole box in, I wouldn't have sold them!!
Old 12-06-2011, 03:43 PM   #3723
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Finally got my photos uploaded, they are in my gallery, but here are some thatpeople have asked about.

Let me know if you have any ?'s
Wendy would you mind sharing how much you charged for the frame? I am HORRIBLE at pricing. I would appreciate it!
Old 12-06-2011, 03:52 PM   #3724
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRKIDDO View Post
Wendy would you mind sharing how much you charged for the frame? I am HORRIBLE at pricing. I would appreciate it!
I charged $10 for them...started at $12, weren't selling, dropped it to $10 and sold them all!
Old 12-06-2011, 04:28 PM   #3725
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
I charged $10 for them...started at $12, weren't selling, dropped it to $10 and sold them all!
Thank you again!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2011, 05:14 PM   #3726
Gabfest Goddess

Congrats to all of you who have done so well. I love the pictures of your booth set ups. Now, I am pretty much a newcomer and have not invested anything in my set up - but do keep my eyes open. I want to ask those of you who have been doing this for awhile what set up tips you might have and also what household items are able to be used to get some of the items more vertical instead of all laying on the table????????

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:37 PM   #3727
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy H View Post
Congrats to all of you who have done so well. I love the pictures of your booth set ups. Now, I am pretty much a newcomer and have not invested anything in my set up - but do keep my eyes open. I want to ask those of you who have been doing this for awhile what set up tips you might have and also what household items are able to be used to get some of the items more vertical instead of all laying on the table????????
I'm curious about this as well!!!
Old 12-06-2011, 08:52 PM   #3728
Glitter Queen

hi Sandra, Could you tell me what is in your snowman soup pkg?

thanks
Danae
Old 12-07-2011, 12:51 AM   #3729
Glitter Guru

Quote:
I use alot of baskets...to bring my stuff in, display in and turn upside down and put another basket on (for height) Photo display holders or plate holders work well for alot of things. Wire shelving, that you can stand up and clip things too...that shelving cuts down to manageable sizes. I have a display rack for cards from Stampin' Up, but something along that line works well too. Check out store closing, for display items that they are selling. My friend got a spinning card rack for $20 from a book store that closed down....
Hope that helps!
Old 12-07-2011, 05:38 AM   #3730
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
hi Sandra, Could you tell me what is in your snowman soup pkg?

thanks
Danae
Sure! A package of hot chocolate, a candy cane (or candy cane stick I got from Cracker Barrel), two Hershey Kisses and a package of marshmallows (from Oriental Trading).

My sometimes neglected blog
Old 12-07-2011, 05:40 AM   #3731
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Sorry I have been MIA. Just wanted to share a few things....
First when ACMoore or Michaels has sales on their frames, and an additional % off, that is a great time to stock up on acrylic frames for post it note holder frames. I went in on Black Friday (too late for the 30% off) and bought them on sale for 40% off. ($1.99-40% made them $1.19) Went back on Saturday as they said they'd adjust the price for me and got an additional 25% off. Which made them under $1. The cheapest I was able to find them was a 12 pack at Walmart.com for $14.

Next when you sell your items, make a point to add "Made by" on them! I had a cutomer buy some items from me at a previous sale. She called me this week very excited she had found me. I called her back and she ordered 6 more planners I had made, another $30 for me. She said she didnt know how to find me and was talking to a friend of hers in Florida (we are in PA) and she said that if I was a SU Demo I could be found via their Demo locator, which is how she found me. I had packaged a lot of my items in little bags to discourage little fingers from flipping through pages, and I added toppers and some, but not all of them had my contact info. I will be fixing that in the future. But at least the items she did buy had my name on them!
I am also a SU demo so what I do is I take those hostess postcards (that I have a bajillion of), put my information on an address label, cover the party information with it, and then sign it with a "thanks for your purchase" and my name. I put that in their bag of goodies that they have bought. This way, they have my info and I use those postcards up!

My sometimes neglected blog
Old 12-07-2011, 07:23 AM   #3732
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket7 View Post
Looks like my copy/paste cut some of it off? Try this:

Stillwater Craft Fair Photos - Live full of love. Love full of life.

If that doesn't work, then my blog address is: jensodowsky.typepad.com

Thanks for looking!
Jen
Wow lovely stuff! You have a lot of variety!
Old 12-07-2011, 07:25 AM   #3733
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Sorry I have been MIA. Just wanted to share a few things....
First when ACMoore or Michaels has sales on their frames, and an additional % off, that is a great time to stock up on acrylic frames for post it note holder frames. I went in on Black Friday (too late for the 30% off) and bought them on sale for 40% off. ($1.99-40% made them $1.19) Went back on Saturday as they said they'd adjust the price for me and got an additional 25% off. Which made them under $1. The cheapest I was able to find them was a 12 pack at Walmart.com for $14.

Next when you sell your items, make a point to add "Made by" on them! I had a cutomer buy some items from me at a previous sale. She called me this week very excited she had found me. I called her back and she ordered 6 more planners I had made, another $30 for me. She said she didnt know how to find me and was talking to a friend of hers in Florida (we are in PA) and she said that if I was a SU Demo I could be found via their Demo locator, which is how she found me. I had packaged a lot of my items in little bags to discourage little fingers from flipping through pages, and I added toppers and some, but not all of them had my contact info. I will be fixing that in the future. But at least the items she did buy had my name on them!
Yep I did that this time - I've small address labels and I printed my etsy URL on it. Then I added it to the back of most of my products. I did get a query from a customer a few days back - though not sure whether she had my business card or used the information from the label.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:27 AM   #3734
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
I use a lot of baskets too for my stuff. I went to WalMart and they had wire shelves that folded up - not super fancy but did the job. I also had a tray at home (snowmen) and put my snowman candy bars lined up on that, on top of one of the shelves. My friend had a small shelf that I STOLE from her for my sales too, it came from a computer desk I think (at work so she stole it first from here - well we were getting rid of it but we battle for things that work gets rid of for our craft rooms!).

I've seen milk cartons too and Target/WalMart sell small wooden-like shelving things that I've seen at sales too -

My first few years of tables were flat flat flat. But I was ok with that. But adding height just gives your table more notice and you can put more things no it (most of the time!)

Pier One had card holders (tree or reindeer) and I bought one of those for the cards I get this year and will use it next year for cards/gift cards/whatever that I want to sell. I do have a floor card holder but sometimes it gets in the way of traffic, depending on where my table is. Plus I don't bring tons of cards to sell, if any.

The one idea (stolen from here!) that I just LOVED this year was using the little tiny acrylic frames that stand up (probably holds a wallet size photo) for my price signs. They worked out so great. Stood up, didn't fall down, and easily moved around if need be. Whoever gave that idea here I thank you so much! Even other vendors came to my table to see how I had my tags done up, they were impressed too.

MY GALLERY
Old 12-07-2011, 07:30 AM   #3735
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
I've only done it two years and what I've learnt from the first to the second year is that your display should be what you can work with. The first year since I was new I copied what I read on blogs, SCS, etc. I bought lots of stands, shelves, baskets but probably I couldn't work with them; because the customers felt confused looking at the booth. They said there were too many things.

So I simplified and made it clean and simple - which is so me. I removed all the shelves/stands. I use the bed risers and then display most of my stuff flat on the table and then some on a pegboard towards the back of the table. For some stuff I may use baskets/bins but nothing else. I feel that it looks better and more organized. It has also cut down on my setup time drastically. It's all simple and there's nothing to panic about
Old 12-07-2011, 07:34 AM   #3736
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Forgot to add that I have a tutorial on my blog on how to make the notebooks, as well as close up photos of both the large and the mini's. You can find a clickable link a couple of posts back or my blog is listed below.

Jen
Blog is: Live full of love. Love full of life.
Thanks Jen for the tutorial and the pricing info! Wow a lot of work went into those notebooks. They look lovely!
I did small spiral notebooks this time and realized that I don't ever want to go into the trouble of removing the spiral, covering, punching holes and putting the spiral back - that's just too much effort for me
Old 12-07-2011, 10:19 AM   #3737
Rubber Obsessor

It's a good day for me. I just finished making 1.5" - 40 glass magnets that I think are a real hoot!! I am hoping someone here could take a peak and let me know what they think I should charge for them. I'm linking my blog because all the samples and details are there fantastINK: Christmas Magnets with Whimsie Doodles digis
Old 12-07-2011, 10:41 AM   #3738
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by croppixie View Post
It's a good day for me. I just finished making 1.5" - 40 glass magnets that I think are a real hoot!! I am hoping someone here could take a peak and let me know what they think I should charge for them. I'm linking my blog because all the samples and details are there fantastINK: Christmas Magnets with Whimsie Doodles digis
These are so cute and funny! You should definitely sell them in sets.
The circles are so nive and perfect. Where do you buy your glass?

A question about digital stamps... I have never bought any because they are black and white. Do you colour them with software? I am so illiterate when it comes to software - what do you use?? And is it easy to learn?
Old 12-07-2011, 10:49 AM   #3739
Insane Embellisher

For my display, I mix and match lots of things. People come up to me and say my table is great because there is sooo much to look at.. and choose from to buy.

For height, I have a wooden shoe rack which I place in the centre of my table in front of where I stand. It gives me two shelves. I have a card spinner on one end of the table and then a spinner with arms on the other end.
I also add height to items by using empty sturdy boxes I have wrapped with xmas wrap to place under the items at the back of the table.

I don't like baskets because people can't always see what is in them (except for tall items like the snowman bars). I use alot of plastic trays from the dollar store. They are lightweight and can easily be moved around the table.
I also find that placing the same item in more than one spot ensures people see it.

For price signs, I make them up on cardstock (one line per item) and cut the strips of paper. Then I attach them to each tray or basket. I find the framed signs get in the way of being able to see other products on my table.
I have had people come up to tell me they love the way every item is easy to see what it is and the price also.
I did not take any pics of my displays this year. Sorry! Or I would post a pic.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:27 AM   #3740
Rubber Obsessor

I buy the glass here Welcome To Sun And Moon ~ The Original Glass Jewelry and Scrabble Shop
Digital stamps-Normally you just print them like you would a word document but on your favorite cardstock then colour them just as if they were freshly stamped.
For the magents I actually coloured them in Photoshop and printed them in full, "best" colour. I figured it would be easier then colouring mass amounts individually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
These are so cute and funny! You should definitely sell them in sets.
The circles are so nive and perfect. Where do you buy your glass?

A question about digital stamps... I have never bought any because they are black and white. Do you colour them with software? I am so illiterate when it comes to software - what do you use?? And is it easy to learn?
Old 12-07-2011, 11:56 AM   #3741
Rubber Obsessor

Default magnets

Quote:
Those are super cute! I agree w/the other poster. I would sell them in sets.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:25 PM   #3742
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via AIM to FallnPetal Send a message via Yahoo to FallnPetal

Quote:
Okay how much are you selling them for, are they in sets like that? and how do I order some before Christmas? They are awesome!
Old 12-07-2011, 01:16 PM   #3743
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Adorable....now i have to put magnets on my loooonggg list of things to make. I wanted to leave a comment on your blog, but once again, i forgot my google id, LOL.
I would package them up together and charge say 3 for $3...not sure what your costs were, but if the magnets and discs weren't that expensive...
Old 12-07-2011, 04:58 PM   #3744
Gabfest Goddess

Those magnets are uber cute - and that is something I need to work on for next year (unless I get too discouraged this year by low sales!!!!!!) ANYWAY I want to thank all of you for your display suggestions. I will tweak it all and come up with something!!

Thanks again

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:58 PM   #3745
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Quote:
These are really really cute, and I think that in a set of 3 magnets i would ask 3.00 for them.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:01 PM   #3746
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Quote:
Its really important that eye level thing, one thing Ive always done for booths is instead of a chair I always take a bar height stool to perch on when I cant stand anymore because, your still at eye level with those people dragging their shopping bags and or kids and strollers along past your display.

but, for the back of the table if you have some cake risers ( like inside longaberger baskets?) or shallow sturdy cardboard boxes. put these under the table cloth to bump up the height of what you display towards the back side.

If you have electricity in your booth then clear twinkle lights are nice too.

there is a flicker album called craft booth displays ( or something like that) and or there are lots of ideas on Pinterest too if you do searches there?
Old 12-07-2011, 06:16 PM   #3747
Crimping Master

i have pics of my set up in my gallery if it helps. I went vertical with my display and it has made a huge difference. I have pics of the wood structure I will try to post as soon as I can figure out how to get them off my phone. Very simple though. The matching bins help alot- and you can fit a ton in them.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:16 AM   #3748
Pearl-ExPert

I finallt got a chance to upload photos of my craft fair. I created an album for them in my gallery. You can find them here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga....php?cat=22378

Last edited by smriti; 12-09-2011 at 07:17 AM.. Reason: the link doesn't look good
Old 12-09-2011, 07:34 AM   #3749
Cardstock Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
I checked those out last year. They look great, but are too pricey for me at $5.49 plus shipping for only 10 sets.
I am not certain of the project you were talking about in your original post but ....

an idea.....my aunt used to make all kinds of things and I remeber a closure she made.

got some fairly srtong thinish magnets, but them under the paper on one side (keeps it prettier) sometimes even making a punch the same size in the backing to keep it flatter...and a nice shinney disk that the magnet could stick to on the other side of the closure. they didn't cost much (I know they won't work well for already made items but idea for future)and she got everything at a craft "wearhouse" store in Edmonton, Canada (I think it was craft canada but not sure)but if they have them there gotta be able to find something similar other places.

also sometimes she would end up with weaker magnet or be doing it different and would put a magnet piece under paper on each side (just make sure they attract each other) . with it being just a small bumb under the paper it looked really nice and clean and didn't fall apart.

sometimes the magnets were harder and she couldn't change their size or shape and for some things she could use magnets that could be cut (with tin snips or something like that) it varried but the basic idea was the same

and I think it would be similar to the magnetic snaps.

hope this helps
Old 12-09-2011, 05:51 PM   #3750
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingFeather View Post
and I think it would be similar to the magnetic snaps.

hope this helps
I wonder why magnet snaps are so expensive anyhow??

I have used the magnet strips that you cut to make a closure for the post-it note holders before. They lay slightly off-set when closing but still hold tight to close.
I llike the idea of adding a think piece of paper over it to hide the magnet. Good idea!
Old 12-10-2011, 12:31 PM   #3751
Rubber Obsessor

Hi everyone I just finished my totals from my 2 day (half days) craft fair (Friday 5-9 and Sat 9-2)
and here are my results. I want to thank everyone for sharing your ideas and "where to buy" links. I think I might take on more fairs next year.

Snowman bars-had 78 sold 72 ($2.50)
Reindeer Food-had 46 sold 21 (2.00)
Snowman Poop-had 23 sold 13 (2.50)
Mints (pack of 2) had 46 sold 18 (1.00)
Set of 4 bottlecap magnets-had 12 sold 11 (2.50)
Set of 3 large glass magnets-had 13 sold 8 (3.50)
then there are the miscellanious like sets of tags 5 for $2.00.
I sold $300 in cards for $3.00 each or 4 for $10.00
I made $462.00
Old 12-10-2011, 12:35 PM   #3752
Rubber Obsessor

I have 5 sets of 3 left at $3.50 each. They would be shipping from the East Coast of Canada so I'm not sure about shipping time other than any other time of year it takes a minimum of 2 weeks.
In box me if you still want them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallnPetal View Post
Okay how much are you selling them for, are they in sets like that? and how do I order some before Christmas? They are awesome!
Old 12-11-2011, 05:12 AM   #3753
Rubber Obsessor

Send a message via Yahoo to blueslady

Quote:
Hi everyone I just finished my totals from my 2 day (half days) craft fair (Friday 5-9 and Sat 9-2)
and here are my results. I want to thank everyone for sharing your ideas and "where to buy" links. I think I might take on more fairs next year.

Snowman bars-had 78 sold 72 ($2.50)
Reindeer Food-had 46 sold 21 (2.00)
Snowman Poop-had 23 sold 13 (2.50)
Mints (pack of 2) had 46 sold 18 (1.00)
Set of 4 bottlecap magnets-had 12 sold 11 (2.50)
Set of 3 large glass magnets-had 13 sold 8 (3.50)
then there are the miscellanious like sets of tags 5 for $2.00.
I sold $300 in cards for $3.00 each or 4 for $10.00
I made $462.00
Wow...great show!
Old 12-12-2011, 11:52 AM   #3754
Polyshrink Goddess

I haven't really been posting here because I really have been feeling a little crappy. over the last 4 weeks and 5 shows I've made less then I put out. Some shows there were 10% of sales...I made nothing. I found that the promoters were just not doing their job. One sale I was at she advertised for Sat and the event was Sun. There were no signs on the building that said Sorry, event is on Sun please come back tomorrow...all the street signs still said Sat on Sunday. Yesterday...the promoter put up 2 signs on the street and advertised to the 300 or so residents near by. I think we had 10 people come through...and they all bought something from me...bookmarks for $2. I have one more show this weekend...the 18th. I'm already not getting a good vibe on the promoting side.

My question to you is...what do you do to promote the event your attending? I've been FB posting, craigslist posting and pretty much telling everybody I know. Any other suggestions?
Old 12-12-2011, 11:57 AM   #3755
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampnsk8r View Post
My question to you is...what do you do to promote the event your attending? I've been FB posting, craigslist posting and pretty much telling everybody I know. Any other suggestions?
I really don't think that it's your job to have to advertise/market the show. That's the promotor's job. The shows that don't get a good turn out or those that are not promoted well are scratched from my list and I won't have a booth at those particular shows again!

That being said, I do let my crafty friends know that there will be a craft show through either email or facebook. Sounds like you are doing all you can on your end to get the word out to the people you know. Good luck and I hope things turn around for you!
Old 12-12-2011, 12:23 PM   #3756
Crimping Master

There is no way to know - no matter how much they advertise- who is going to come. Some things I do- I ask where do you advertise, how many years have you been doing this, how many tables do you have sold...
if the show stinks- I dont do it again the next year....
Some of my best customers now (friends) I have met at crappy shows.- go figure- maybe more time to chat and get to know one another.
I also print out a sheet of every place I will be and put it in every bag. I have had some people follow me from show to show. I put on craigslist, local channels,anywhere it is free. I know its not my job, but I want the sales, so I do a little work too.
I hope this helps...to make you feel a little better maybe- I have done 5 shows this year and averaged $120 (table was 50) so $70...when the same shows last year were 350- 400..I guess you never know- but now I have a ton of stuff for gifts, and a head start on next year.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:14 PM   #3757
Rubber Obsessor

Send a message via Yahoo to blueslady

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampnsk8r View Post
I promote the shows that I am doing with all of my friends & coworkers. I have a list of all of my shows on the table and put one in each bag. One thing I do before I book a show is do some research. How much is the table fee? Is it much less than others in the area? Where is is being held? At a church or school? How many vendors? What was the attendance in prior years? I try to visit a show before I will book it or find someone who has done it before. Hope that helps.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:09 PM   #3758
Rubber Obsessor

I just did a show at my church this weekend. It was Saturday evening and Sunday Morning. I sold about $150; ten dollar table fee. It was not advertised beyond the church bulletins (several area churches) but was okay for the first year of having a craft show. I think I could have done really well if we had been selling items in the morning when most people shop craft fairs. At the show a fellow crafter invited me to her school's craft show next week. It is during the school day so the students can buy gifts. They want items that are $.25 to $2.00. What can you sell for 25 cents and not lose money! I am going to do the show to sell my leftover candy items, but nothing will be priced at $.25. I think this is an unrealistic expectation from the people running the fair. They are only charging $10.00 for the table, but they also want you to donate "ten percent of the profits". What profits, if I have to sell my items at rock bottom prices?!
Judi
Old 12-12-2011, 02:28 PM   #3759
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
I really don't think that it's your job to have to advertise/market the show. That's the promotor's job.
I totally agree...but I also want to be more proactive. Just because they're the promoter doesn't mean they do their job well. If I help promote the show I help sell my craft (I hope)

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftsrlb View Post
There is no way to know - no matter how much they advertise- who is going to come.
Isn't that the truth...and the old saying "you can bring a horse to water but you can't make 'em drink"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueslady View Post
I have a list of all of my shows on the table and put one in each bag.
I think this is a great idea...I will work on this for next year.

Most of the shows I did this year were first year shows. I was in the process of moving when the long running shows were being held. Most of the shows in Dec. around here are first timers. There was one show called the Holiday Hit List...that's been around a few years and does well...but the cost was out of my league.

The short version (omitting drama) I just went through a divorce and lost my job. If I had tried...I could have done the shows that made me money last year. I didn't. I worked at getting my house in order and moved in with my grandparents. Don't feel bad for me...I'm loving my life right now...just not my craft show experiences.

So...now I'm back to crafting and hoping next week will be a big hit...and in order to make it a big hit...I'm ready to take on the responsibility of promoter to make it big. Wish me luck!!
Old 12-12-2011, 02:31 PM   #3760
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorjudi View Post
I just did a show at my church this weekend. It was Saturday evening and Sunday Morning. I sold about $150; ten dollar table fee. It was not advertised beyond the church bulletins (several area churches) but was okay for the first year of having a craft show. I think I could have done really well if we had been selling items in the morning when most people shop craft fairs. At the show a fellow crafter invited me to her school's craft show next week. It is during the school day so the students can buy gifts. They want items that are $.25 to $2.00. What can you sell for 25 cents and not lose money! I am going to do the show to sell my leftover candy items, but nothing will be priced at $.25. I think this is an unrealistic expectation from the people running the fair. They are only charging $10.00 for the table, but they also want you to donate "ten percent of the profits". What profits, if I have to sell my items at rock bottom prices?!
Judi
what about doing magnets that would normally be in sets of 4 and selling them individually. Birthday tags or Christmas tags that are sold individually could be inexpensive. Hand stamped tea lights could be sold individually as well for 25. Mints that are packaged in sets of 4 could be sold individually. I wish you the best of luck with your school sale!