Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree333Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-29-2011, 09:44 PM   #3641
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by croppixie View Post
Hi Everyone, my first and only show this year is next week and I'm getting nervous!!
I saw these really cute Doggie Treat bags here and was dieing to make some so tonight I came up with another quick and easy solution. AND I want to share is especially with you all because you are so kind and helpful. I never would of tried a craft fair if it wasn't for this group. So pop on over to the freebies section if you want to use these images.
Freebies - *Whimsie Doodles
We are so very lucky you stmbled upon us, and we can help you out also.
Your images are soooo very cute! I know absolutely nothing about creating digital images. I am still relying on inserting a pic into a Word doc! I don't even know how to make my words go round the circle edging.
That probably seems so old-fashioned to you..lol
Thanks so much!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-30-2011, 07:56 AM   #3642
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Hi Everyone, my first and only show this year is next week and I'm getting nervous!!
I saw these really cute Doggie Treat bags here and was dieing to make some so tonight I came up with another quick and easy solution. AND I want to share is especially with you all because you are so kind and helpful. I never would of tried a craft fair if it wasn't for this group. So pop on over to the freebies section if you want to use these images.
Freebies - *Whimsie Doodles
You are so nice for sharing these with us. I know nothing about making digi images, and can generally barely download them to use! But I do appreciate them.

I just love this thread - with ideas and shares and photos of our work. Its just great to learn from one another here (and copy!). Makes the work on a craft fair so much easier.

I'm done with mine this year, but I still like to see what people are doing and how they are doing on the sales. And I hope everyone is doing well at them.

MY GALLERY
Old 11-30-2011, 07:59 AM   #3643
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
The test tubes are so expensive from Papertrey though. Are you making them to sell, or give away?

I just ordered a couple of test tube sets from PTI just to see how they look and will use them for gifts. But yes, to sell them at the craft sale all altered and amazing would be hard I would think, you'd have to add $1 to the project just to cover the test tube. I think someone posted a cheaper site to get them through earlier on in the threads and if I use them next year at sales I'll have to find that cheaper source. I think the projects with them are so cute though - and it would bring something different to my table. I try to add something 'new' to my table each year - they may not be new to the crafting world but new to my table!

MY GALLERY
Old 11-30-2011, 09:15 AM   #3644
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueslady View Post
Is everyone done with their craft shows? Of so, how would you rate your season? Best seller? Worst seller? Find anything new at the shows?

For me, my sales were good but down from previous years. I think I need a new "wow" project. One that will make me excited to do it. I am going to try very hard to come up with something. I have given up on wrapping nuggets. Every year I do them a different way and every year I sell few if any. I really don't think people know what they are. I will continue with my snowman shots. They did well for me.
My last one is tomorrow (Thursday) again at World Vision Canada. I did bring some things in to my work and sold out of the snowman chocolate bars and have an order for 14 more! And someone ordered 20 skittles candy sticks for her daughter's class with the santa face on top! I advised both that they will get them in a couple weeks because I also have an exam coming up on December 5. Yes, I like to be busy! lol

Overall, my sales are better than last year. Two of the sales I doubled my profits, three of the sales I have never been to before and work, well it all depends on what I bring in. I usually just bring in the perishables but this year I brought other stuff and I am so glad I did!

I may not have much left for my sale tomorrow, but maybe that way the people will buy more cards! I have so many!

Good luck to all craft salers this weekend!

My sometimes neglected blog
Old 11-30-2011, 09:48 AM   #3645
Glitter Queen

I have a question... I am making some matchboxes that hold four hershey nuggets. I am wondering what to charge for these. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:08 AM   #3646
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Is everyone done with their craft shows? Of so, how would you rate your season? Best seller? Worst seller? Find anything new at the shows?

For me, my sales were good but down from previous years. I think I need a new "wow" project. One that will make me excited to do it. I am going to try very hard to come up with something. I have given up on wrapping nuggets. Every year I do them a different way and every year I sell few if any. I really don't think people know what they are. I will continue with my snowman shots. They did well for me.
What are snowman shots?
Old 11-30-2011, 12:25 PM   #3647
Gabfest Goddess

Love all the sharing here - I feel as if it is a beautiful sisterhood - and dang, you guys are all so talented - I am sure glad I don't have to compete with you guys!!!!!!!!!!!

Question for those of you who make glass tile necklaces. Do you put any paper on the back of the tile ????????????????????? I don't but a friend said she had the paper and I don't know what she means!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:49 PM   #3648
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy H View Post
Love all the sharing here - I feel as if it is a beautiful sisterhood - and dang, you guys are all so talented - I am sure glad I don't have to compete with you guys!!!!!!!!!!!

Question for those of you who make glass tile necklaces. Do you put any paper on the back of the tile ????????????????????? I don't but a friend said she had the paper and I don't know what she means!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I put glitter on the backs of mine and that really gives them a wow factor. You can see some examples on my blog. I think paper would be just a bit plain but good if you don't have the glitter.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:37 PM   #3649
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisydilly View Post
I put glitter on the backs of mine and that really gives them a wow factor. You can see some examples on my blog. I think paper would be just a bit plain but good if you don't have the glitter.
I was just looking at your necklaces with the glitter. Where did you find those bails...love the detail. I've tried necklaces in the past and there was so much competition that they just never sold. After looking at those...I almost changed my mind...lol.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:39 PM   #3650
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativemomma View Post
I have a question... I am making some matchboxes that hold four hershey nuggets. I am wondering what to charge for these. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
I've sold these before for $2.00...but it also depends on the detail you put into them. Hope they do well for you.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:48 PM   #3651
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampnsk8r View Post
I was just looking at your necklaces with the glitter. Where did you find those bails...love the detail. I've tried necklaces in the past and there was so much competition that they just never sold. After looking at those...I almost changed my mind...lol.
Found all my pieces at Sun and Moon

Welcome To Sun And Moon ~ The Original Glass Jewelry and Scrabble Shop

I love those little bails and they really do give your pieces a classy look. And I love their glaze
Old 11-30-2011, 04:16 PM   #3652
Gabfest Goddess

Oh, your necklaces are beautiful - love the glitter. I get my stuff from Sun and Moon too - it's a great resource

Old 11-30-2011, 06:36 PM   #3653
Rubber Obsessor

Send a message via Yahoo to blueslady

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepha View Post
What are snowman shots?
I took a tube and filled it with cocoa, mini morsels & marshmallows and called them snowman shots. Here is a pic:

I bought my tubes here: tubes
Attached Thumbnails
001.jpg   002.jpg  
Old 11-30-2011, 11:41 PM   #3654
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy H View Post

I do put paper backings on them, then cover them with a layer of glaze before applying the bail.

They don't "fly off the table" but they do sell, and the mark-up is very good so it is definitely worth making them.

I am searching for a supplier for charm bracelets that the glass tiles can fit into. Anyone know of such a supplier?
Old 11-30-2011, 11:49 PM   #3655
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
I took a tube and filled it with cocoa, mini morsels & marshmallows and called them snowman shots. Here is a pic:

Has anybody ordered from SKS for tubes?
They seem cheaper:
SKS Bottle & Packaging, Plastic Tubes, Plastic Tubes, Clear PET Round Tubes w/ Silver Metal Screw Caps
Old 12-01-2011, 02:53 AM   #3656
Glitter Queen

My son bought me alot of the red and white tic tacs. Anyone have any suggestions on using them? Thank you for all the wonderful ideas.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:05 AM   #3657
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanjiTerra View Post
My son bought me alot of the red and white tic tacs. Anyone have any suggestions on using them? Thank you for all the wonderful ideas.

I bought some to make "Santa Kisses". I found a poem foe this, and if I can find it I will post it. I have a santa stamp that is the Santa from the "Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer" show. I am hoping it will fit the Tic Tacs.
Judi
Old 12-01-2011, 06:34 AM   #3658
Gabfest Goddess

Thanks, Diane. Wish I could help with a charm bracelet source. . .

White tic tacs make great snowman poop!

Old 12-01-2011, 09:54 AM   #3659
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
I checked both SKS and MMS for the bath salt tubes. The SKS tubes are only 1" diameter. The MMS are 1 1/4" diameter. Both are 6" tall. If you order 50 from MMS the shipping is cheaper than the 48 pack from SKS. That made the tubes cheaper per tube ($1.03 each from MMS vs $1.12 each from SKS). If you only order 10 or 20, they are more expensive from MMS. So the real question is how much is the shipping to your destination? Add that to the cost of the tubes and divide by the number of tubes and you will know which is cheaper for you to order.
Judi
Old 12-01-2011, 11:35 AM   #3660
Cardstock Collector

Thank you Linda!!

Quote:

Old 12-01-2011, 04:35 PM   #3661
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

GRRRR...was at Hallmark today and what do I see? tubes of cocoa made to look like snowmen. They sold theirs for $6. I swear I had never seen anything like them but I guess they were out there already. I checked the label and they came from Pelican Bay. That place has all kinds of very cute packaged food.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:27 PM   #3662
Gabfest Goddess

That would frustrate me - but since I don't have any original ideas ever it isn't likely to happen! I love getting ideas from you guys, I really do. The cocoa snowmen are flipping darling!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-01-2011, 09:05 PM   #3663
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Cathy,
your siggy line makes me smile every time I read it.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:35 PM   #3664
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorjudi View Post
I checked both SKS and MMS for the bath salt tubes. The SKS tubes are only 1" diameter. The MMS are 1 1/4" diameter. Both are 6" tall. If you order 50 from MMS the shipping is cheaper than the 48 pack from SKS. That made the tubes cheaper per tube ($1.03 each from MMS vs $1.12 each from SKS). If you only order 10 or 20, they are more expensive from MMS. So the real question is how much is the shipping to your destination? Add that to the cost of the tubes and divide by the number of tubes and you will know which is cheaper for you to order.
Judi
What is MMS?
Old 12-02-2011, 11:22 AM   #3665
Insane Embellisher

I found this video for a a little hat ornament made from yarn and a toilet paper tube. This would be perfect for kids to make too. The video isn't the best, but you can get the idea of how they're made. I think these will be in my next craft show!
How To Make A Mini Hat Christmas Ornament - YouTube
Old 12-02-2011, 11:42 AM   #3666
Stampin' Fool

I have my first - and only - craft show tomorrow. I am not nearly as ready as I had planned to be. Thanks for all the great ideas! I will post how it goes

Check out my blog! www.craftinowl.com
Old 12-02-2011, 11:54 AM   #3667
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gram2boyz View Post
I found this video for a a little hat ornament made from yarn and a toilet paper tube. This would be perfect for kids to make too. The video isn't the best, but you can get the idea of how they're made. I think these will be in my next craft show!
very cute!
Old 12-02-2011, 12:01 PM   #3668
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Thank you for posting this link. Those are just the cutest little hats ever, and so easy to make. I crochet and have tons of leftover yarn. I'm going to make these with my granddaughters next week.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 12-02-2011, 01:20 PM   #3669
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
This is a cute idea. I think I'll make one and keep it as a sample for the kids to do later in the month.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:15 PM   #3670
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
Cathy,
your siggy line makes me smile every time I read it.
Glad you like it - I am way overdue to update it but still like it!

Old 12-02-2011, 03:31 PM   #3671
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
What is MMS?
Majestic Mountain Sage
2490 South 1350 West
Nibley, Utah 84321
Old 12-02-2011, 04:54 PM   #3672
Rubber Obsessor

Default Santa Tags

I made some Santa tags for my craft fair next week. I love how they turned out, they are time consuming
What would you suggest I charge for them? Should I package them or sell them individually? here they are Santa Line Up by croppixie - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 12-02-2011, 07:17 PM   #3673
Gabfest Goddess

Tags sure are cute. I have never made/sold them so I have no good ideas on pricing. I think I would package them individually but offer a better price if they buy several. . .

Old 12-02-2011, 07:21 PM   #3674
Glitter Queen

LOVE LOVE LOVE this site!!!
Old 12-02-2011, 11:16 PM   #3675
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

well, Im not sure how big the santa tags are but my gut says you could get a dollar for them individually because they are not flat. and they are slightly different. what I like best about them is the ruffle trim. so if they are sewn on lets say a dollar and if they are just glued on maybe .75 cents.

although its cheaper to sew on things its the level of detail in my mind that makes it worth paying a little more for.
( and it impresses people who can't thread a needle... )
Old 12-03-2011, 04:14 AM   #3676
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber@Just4U View Post
I have my first - and only - craft show tomorrow. I am not nearly as ready as I had planned to be. Thanks for all the great ideas! I will post how it goes

Good luck today...I have one today too and not as ready as i wanted to be either...I don't think you ever are! I think that there is always something else you want to make or more of something....just do it and have fun! Can't wait to see how you do!
Old 12-03-2011, 04:56 AM   #3677
Glitter Guru

Finally got around to taking some photos(not the best quality, but heck, the best I could do) Anyway....some of the things i am taking to today's craft show...more photos to come, once i set up (i promise!)
Splitcoaststampers Member Galleries - wendykins - Handmade Cards & Crafts
Old 12-03-2011, 07:08 AM   #3678
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
I made some Santa tags for my craft fair next week. I love how they turned out, they are time consuming
What would you suggest I charge for them? Should I package them or sell them individually? here they are Santa Line Up by croppixie - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Those are WAYYYYY cute. Love them. I am no help on pricing since I don't sell paper items. I know I would pay $1 for one. TFS.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:12 AM   #3679
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendykins View Post
Finally got around to taking some photos(not the best quality, but heck, the best I could do) Anyway....some of the things i am taking to today's craft show...more photos to come, once i set up (i promise!)
Splitcoaststampers Member Galleries - wendykins - Handmade Cards & Crafts
Good Luck today. Your stuff looks great! Hope you sell a bunch.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:59 AM   #3680
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Cute cute stuff wendy, good luck today!