In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree65Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-27-2011, 09:10 AM   #3601
Die Cut Diva
 
doorknocker3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Central California
Posts: 3,773
Default

My last show is this coming Saturday, Dec 3rd. This is usually the only one that I do but this year, I did three other ones. Tables were free on these so I figured, what did I have to lose. They didn't do well at all. Sold $50 the first one, $40 the second but did $85 the third. I sure am hoping that this Saturday's is much better. They changed the location so I don't know how much advertising they have done. After the show, I'll bring stuff to work and DH will bring some to his work. I usually sell a lot to our coworkers. Whatever's left will go to my nieces and nephews. But...I hope there's not much left
I did notice that there were a lot of "oh how cute" and "your stuff is so cute", etc. but not many buyers. My items are mostly less than $5 ($2 on most items) so I know it's not the prices.
I'm just hoping for extra holiday spending money...
__________________
My BLOG;
doorknocker3 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:43 AM   #3602
Rubber Obsessor
 
jenn21404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknocker3 View Post
I did notice that there were a lot of "oh how cute" and "your stuff is so cute", etc. but not many buyers. My items are mostly less than $5 ($2 on most items) so I know it's not the prices.
I get those statements all the time! Most of my items are less than $5 as well. Just hang in there at your next show. My last show of the year is on Saturday as well.
__________________
~*~Jenn~*~
Mommy to Matthew (2-10-2006) and Katelynn (9-15-2008)

Altered by Jenn
jenn21404 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:36 PM   #3603
Cardstock Collector
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 6
Default

Lorri-the angel wrappers are adorable-where can i get this pattern?
Vicki in MN
vschlim is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:11 PM   #3604
Gabfest Goddess
 
craftymomto2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kansas City, MO.
Posts: 7,080
Default

Angel wrappers here:

Laurie Furnell: Christmas Angel Freebie...
__________________
Mary
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
My blogs: www.maryscraftroom.blogspot.com
www.icantbelieveimadethat.blogspot.com
Proud RAK Member
"Always do your best. What you plan now, you will harvest later." Og Mandino
craftymomto2 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:30 PM   #3605
Pearl-ExPert
 
FallnPetal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Georgetown, TX
Posts: 2,089
Send a message via AIM to FallnPetal Send a message via Yahoo to FallnPetal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcountry311 View Post
cider snuggies? sound too cute
Much like my hot chocolate snuggies; these are made with alpine hot cider and a cinnamon stick.
Attached Thumbnails
cider-snuggies.jpg  
__________________
Leslie Culver; Wife, mother, friend, daughter, writer, crafter, sister in Christ to many.
Jailhouse Jesus Our Ministry My crafter blog!
FallnPetal is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:23 PM   #3606
Insane Embellisher
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 841
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorri.V. View Post
Diane, I just downloaded my angel wrappers to my gallery.

chocolate bar wrappers by Lorri.V. - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Oh! Yours are wayyy cuter than the pic on the download site! Love them.
DianeCraft is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:26 PM   #3607
Kookie Creator
 
tat2girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Livin' in the OC
Posts: 374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampinrealtor View Post
So I found letters to Santa at Michaels. It includes letter, envelope and pencil. Don't know what to do with these because they are cute already and cost $1. But I decided I could make a Santa Kit that would include these letter, a reindeer bag (oatmeal and sprinkles), a cocoa for Santa. Is there anything else you would include and how would you package? Any ideas are greatly appreciated. I have two more shows to go in December. Thanks, Maria
How about adding the Santa key?
__________________
Ink on Skin, Ink on Paper...
...It's all the same smell!
tat2girl is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:27 PM   #3608
Gabfest Goddess
 
Cathy H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: California
Posts: 7,236
Default

I agree - they are awful cute. Gonna have to make some.
__________________
Cathy H

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Cathy H is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:26 PM   #3609
Stazon Splitcoast
 
pamelak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 11,168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftymomto2 View Post
I didn't have any trouble downloading the snowman wrapper, but this one didn't work for me. I asked my computer techie (aka my hubby) to do if for me and he gave up. He didn't like the apparent file sharing aspect. I love the angel and would love to be able to download it. Can anyone help? Thanks, Pam
pamelak is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:49 PM   #3610
Stazon Splitcoast
 
snowcountry311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: beautiful cny
Posts: 72,144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallnPetal View Post
Much like my hot chocolate snuggies; these are made with alpine hot cider and a cinnamon stick.
thanks-these are adorable. i'm always looking for stocking stuffers. my family 7 siblings & their families,plus our mom rent a house (same) every year for christmas. i'm known for over stuffing everyone's stocking. hope to add these this year.
thanks so much
__________________
gayla
snowcountry311 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:15 PM   #3611
Pearl-ExPert
 
FallnPetal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Georgetown, TX
Posts: 2,089
Send a message via AIM to FallnPetal Send a message via Yahoo to FallnPetal
Default

My three day total in show revenues:

$391.50

fees: $70 for all three days

Used a lot of hoarded stock so feel pretty good about things.......

come on Jan. 1 pre order!
__________________
Leslie Culver; Wife, mother, friend, daughter, writer, crafter, sister in Christ to many.
Jailhouse Jesus Our Ministry My crafter blog!
FallnPetal is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:15 PM   #3612
Kookie Creator
 
tat2girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Livin' in the OC
Posts: 374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelak View Post
I didn't have any trouble downloading the snowman wrapper, but this one didn't work for me. I asked my computer techie (aka my hubby) to do if for me and he gave up. He didn't like the apparent file sharing aspect. I love the angel and would love to be able to download it. Can anyone help? Thanks, Pam
Hope this works. I had a heck of a time doing it, too.
After clicking on it to open, right click and save picture as... (whatever photo gallery you have). When you open it in your gallery you can then print it. I just tried it and it worked for me in Windows Photo Gallery. Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails
angel-wrapper.jpg  
__________________
Ink on Skin, Ink on Paper...
...It's all the same smell!
tat2girl is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:07 PM   #3613
Insane Embellisher
 
stampnsk8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sunny Sea Side San Diego, California
Posts: 905
Default

I haven't been here for a few days because I've been crafting to the bone. It felt good to bulk up...but it didn't matter. Last weekend...my booth fee was free and I sold $60, this weekend...my booth fee was $20 and I sold $0...yep...zero! There were no customers to be had...was an absolute blank. All the street signs said Sat and not Sun...that was the first problem. The promoter didn't do any advertising with local business or fliers...then she complained that she didn't have the budget for advertising. She wants to do it again on the 18th and asked if I would be interested in doing a workshop. She offered free booth space that day. I haven't decided what I want to about it. I have another craft sale this Thurs and then an Etsy charity event Thurs night...so...again...it's good I bulked up. The good news is that this next event isn't at a farm or farmers market...so for a change I get to try some of the candy treats. I'm going to start with the tic tac snowman kisses and see how much money I have left after buying the tic tacs...may try the candy bar snowman...or that angel that tat just posted...would love to try something different for a change. The good news is that I now have an overstock of post it notes and mini journals. Anyway...hope everybody had a good turkey day and a good weekend.

Take care!
__________________
Lisa
My unorganized, unmanaged blog
Organized people are just too lazy to search for things.
stampnsk8r is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:38 AM   #3614
Gabfest Goddess
 
nancystamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 7,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy H View Post
Stampinrealtor, I get the mints at the $ store - there are about 15 in each bag. They are made by Palmer.
Jennie, your display looks awesome. I can't figure out why you did so poorly. Your prices looked good too ----
Cathy (and/or anyone else that uses the Palmer brand mints): How do these compare in taste/texture to York brand? I used those, of course, until they changed the packaging. Then I went to Pearson brand, but I really don't like the way they taste, and they seem to get stale and hard pretty fast. I'll have to see if my dollar store carries the Palmer ones.
__________________
see what nancystamps...
nancystamps is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:06 AM   #3615
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancystamps View Post
Cathy (and/or anyone else that uses the Palmer brand mints): How do these compare in taste/texture to York brand? I used those, of course, until they changed the packaging. Then I went to Pearson brand, but I really don't like the way they taste, and they seem to get stale and hard pretty fast. I'll have to see if my dollar store carries the Palmer ones.
I have never tried the Palmer Mints, but I have tried other Palmer Chocolates. I dislike them very much (don't want to use bad words). It is the chocolate itself that I don't like, so perhaps the mints would taste okay if the filling is good. Mints don't have a lot of chocolate. But for $1.00 you can try them and see if you like them before you use them. Not too much money lost if you don't like them.
Judi
taylorjudi is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:14 AM   #3616
Cardstock Collector
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftymomto2 View Post
Thank you!!
Vicki in MN
vschlim is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:42 AM   #3617
Stazon Splitcoast
 
pamelak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 11,168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tat2girl View Post
Hope this works. I had a heck of a time doing it, too.
After clicking on it to open, right click and save picture as... (whatever photo gallery you have). When you open it in your gallery you can then print it. I just tried it and it worked for me in Windows Photo Gallery. Good luck!
Thanks a million, tat!
pamelak is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:02 AM   #3618
Inking Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Gallup, NM
Posts: 91
Default Sounds like a winner to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnetteMac View Post
I had my only show this weekend and it went great! I sold all but 2 of my Post It holders with pens the first night and had to make a dozen more when I got home so I could have some for day 2. I sold all of them before noon. Another big seller was the gift card holders that look like a present. The snowman and toy soldier chocolate bars were a hit and I have an order for more. I had my advent calendars that I showed you all earlier, and sold 10 of them at $25 each or 2/$40. People really liked the idea that you can put anything small in it. I sold a few to people whose kids have allergies and can't have those chocolate ones they sell in the store. I live in a small town and it was a big sale for us but small in relation to one in a big city so I was excited when I counted up at the end of yesterday to find I had made $575. This covered all of my costs for the year and then some and I still have some thing left over that I can sell to friends and co-workers which will all be straight profit!
Congrats Annette! $575 sounds fantastic to me! I'm having a good season if I make that much at the three shows I do! Good job. Am glad your advent calendars sold. I am working on two that were ordered at my craft fair two weeks ago. My sample was the muffin pan magnet kind (sold only the magnets for $15). A lady ordered 2 but wants them with boxes not the magnet covers. I think Im selling them for $30.
stampinrealtor is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:25 AM   #3619
Inking Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Gallup, NM
Posts: 91
Default Santa Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by tat2girl View Post
How about adding the Santa key?
I thought about that but would that make it too costly? Here is a photo of the letters. Aren't they adorable? The envelope measures 6"x12"
Attached Thumbnails
dsc01661.jpg  

Last edited by stampinrealtor; 11-28-2011 at 07:27 AM.. Reason: Wasn't finished.
stampinrealtor is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:29 AM   #3620
Inking Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Gallup, NM
Posts: 91
Default Cider snuggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallnPetal View Post
Much like my hot chocolate snuggies; these are made with alpine hot cider and a cinnamon stick.
These are adorable. I don't have cinnamon sticks but I do have choc covered peppermint sticks from Costco. I'll use those. Thanks, Maria
stampinrealtor is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:05 AM   #3621
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 2,288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnetteMac View Post
I had my only show this weekend and it went great! I sold all but 2 of my Post It holders with pens the first night and had to make a dozen more when I got home so I could have some for day 2. I sold all of them before noon. Another big seller was the gift card holders that look like a present. The snowman and toy soldier chocolate bars were a hit and I have an order for more. I had my advent calendars that I showed you all earlier, and sold 10 of them at $25 each or 2/$40. People really liked the idea that you can put anything small in it. I sold a few to people whose kids have allergies and can't have those chocolate ones they sell in the store. I live in a small town and it was a big sale for us but small in relation to one in a big city so I was excited when I counted up at the end of yesterday to find I had made $575. This covered all of my costs for the year and then some and I still have some thing left over that I can sell to friends and co-workers which will all be straight profit!
That is awesome! Good for you
__________________
My Blog: Ribbons,etc.
smriti is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:06 AM   #3622
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 2,288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorri.V. View Post
Diane, I just downloaded my angel wrappers to my gallery.

chocolate bar wrappers by Lorri.V. - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
These are adorable!
__________________
My Blog: Ribbons,etc.
smriti is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:06 AM   #3623
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 2,288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn21404 View Post
I get those statements all the time! Most of my items are less than $5 as well. Just hang in there at your next show. My last show of the year is on Saturday as well.
ditto here
__________________
My Blog: Ribbons,etc.
smriti is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:07 AM   #3624
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 2,288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallnPetal View Post
Much like my hot chocolate snuggies; these are made with alpine hot cider and a cinnamon stick.
These are so pretty!
__________________
My Blog: Ribbons,etc.
smriti is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:20 AM   #3625
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 2,288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampnsk8r View Post
I haven't been here for a few days because I've been crafting to the bone. It felt good to bulk up...but it didn't matter. Last weekend...my booth fee was free and I sold $60, this weekend...my booth fee was $20 and I sold $0...yep...zero! There were no customers to be had...was an absolute blank. All the street signs said Sat and not Sun...that was the first problem. The promoter didn't do any advertising with local business or fliers...then she complained that she didn't have the budget for advertising. She wants to do it again on the 18th and asked if I would be interested in doing a workshop. She offered free booth space that day. I haven't decided what I want to about it. I have another craft sale this Thurs and then an Etsy charity event Thurs night...so...again...it's good I bulked up. The good news is that this next event isn't at a farm or farmers market...so for a change I get to try some of the candy treats. I'm going to start with the tic tac snowman kisses and see how much money I have left after buying the tic tacs...may try the candy bar snowman...or that angel that tat just posted...would love to try something different for a change. The good news is that I now have an overstock of post it notes and mini journals. Anyway...hope everybody had a good turkey day and a good weekend.

Take care!
Sorry to hear that your sale didn't go well. I hope you can recover it all in your next 2 sales!
__________________
My Blog: Ribbons,etc.
smriti is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:25 AM   #3626
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampinrealtor View Post
I thought about that but would that make it too costly? Here is a photo of the letters. Aren't they adorable? The envelope measures 6"x12"
Just a thought: I am not sure if there are Macy's stores where you are located, but Macy's has a special mailbox for Santa letters. Each one helps toward a donation for charity. You could mention that to parents as a way to "get the letter to Santa".
taylorjudi is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:48 AM   #3627
Rubber Obsessor
 
dancincz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: western massachusetts
Posts: 222
Default

just an update on my shows in New England...the last 2 years have been awful here...up until this past weekend, it seemed I spent more money in fees and supplies than I made...almost wanted to give up, but I'm more optimistic today...2 shows, one in NH and one in MA...total for both shows, over 630.00 after taking off the booth rent =)
best sellers were my coaster post-its, layered stars and poop, kisses, grinch pills...nothing in my booth is over 10.00...have lots of signs...'great gag gifts', reminders of people on gift lists, ie: co-workers, teachers, etc. - all items are priced
3 more shows to go...using up all my supplies, only buying a few things
don't get discouraged...I think the remaining few weeks will be better...everyone is talking about 'small business saturday', and we're small businesses !!!
__________________
sometimes you have to choose between what's right and what's easy...choose wisely my friend
dancincz is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:28 PM   #3628
Insane Embellisher
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 841
Default

These are a very cute idea I found today - and there is a printable PDF with good directions! Now if I could just find those test tubes...

12 Weeks of Christmas 2011 - Week 10
DianeCraft is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:46 PM   #3629
Insane Embellisher
 
stampnsk8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sunny Sea Side San Diego, California
Posts: 905
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
These are a very cute idea I found today - and there is a printable PDF with good directions! Now if I could just find those test tubes...

12 Weeks of Christmas 2011 - Week 10
very cute idea.

This is not a new idea...but I was blog hopping around today and found this version of a wine tag.

The Lucky Clucker: Christmas Wine Tags

I was thinking of doing these and packaging them in sets of 3's. Maybe some in Christmas, New Years, and every day occasion. What do you think?
__________________
Lisa
My unorganized, unmanaged blog
Organized people are just too lazy to search for things.
stampnsk8r is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:02 AM   #3630
Glitter Guru
 
wendykins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Small town, Connecticut!
Posts: 5,158
Default

so as a little laugh, for all of us doing shows.
Southington Police: Christmas Ornament Used As Weapon - Courant.com

I mean, I know it's not funny, but this happened about 15 minutes from my house, so it's all over the news!
wendykins is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:11 AM   #3631
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 2,952
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendykins View Post
so as a little laugh, for all of us doing shows.
Southington Police: Christmas Ornament Used As Weapon - Courant.com

I mean, I know it's not funny, but this happened about 15 minutes from my house, so it's all over the news!
Never imagined violence at a craft fair. That is sad.
__________________
**June K**
Stamper for fun is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:02 AM   #3632
Compulsive Stamper
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 46
Default Altered Notebook / Journals

I have sold some mini altered notebooks in the past at craft fairs and they were really a big hit. I had about 10 notebooks and they sold out quick!!

I'm am getting ready for another craft fair this weekend and decided to try a larger notebook in addition to the mini ones that I sold before. I created a tutorial on how to make them if anyone is interested! Here's the link:
http://jensodowsky.typepad.com/live-...-tutorial.html

I also included another post that shows a bunch of the finished notebooks:
http://jensodowsky.typepad.com/live-...al-photos.html
cricket7 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:08 AM   #3633
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket7 View Post
I have sold some mini altered notebooks in the past at craft fairs and they were really a big hit. I had about 10 notebooks and they sold out quick!!

I'm am getting ready for another craft fair this weekend and decided to try a larger notebook in addition to the mini ones that I sold before. I created a tutorial on how to make them if anyone is interested! Here's the link:
http://jensodowsky.typepad.com/live-...-tutorial.html

I also included another post that shows a bunch of the finished notebooks:
http://jensodowsky.typepad.com/live-...al-photos.html
I would love to see these, but all I get is a blank page when i click on the link.
Judi
taylorjudi is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:13 AM   #3634
Compulsive Stamper
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorjudi View Post
I would love to see these, but all I get is a blank page when i click on the link.
Judi
I wonder if the link didn't copy right. You might just try going to my blog, they are the top two posts for today. Or they are under the key words "Craft Fair". Here's my blog address: Live full of love. Love full of life.
cricket7 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:27 AM   #3635
Kookie Creator
 
tat2girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Livin' in the OC
Posts: 374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorjudi View Post
I would love to see these, but all I get is a blank page when i click on the link.
Judi
Live full of love. Love full of life.

It should be the first post. the tutorial is further down.
__________________
Ink on Skin, Ink on Paper...
...It's all the same smell!
tat2girl is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:13 AM   #3636
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 2,288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
These are a very cute idea I found today - and there is a printable PDF with good directions! Now if I could just find those test tubes...

12 Weeks of Christmas 2011 - Week 10
This is sooo cute! Unfortunately I've a lot of cocoa holders left so I guess I wouldn't need to make many more for next year
__________________
My Blog: Ribbons,etc.
smriti is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:09 AM   #3637
Pearl-ExPert
 
NancyL2648's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: SouthWest Margaritaville
Posts: 2,160
Send a message via AIM to NancyL2648
Default

I also received this in an email yesterday and I hope to be able to make a couple for an upcoming show.
I bought those test tubes from Papertreay Ink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
These are a very cute idea I found today - and there is a printable PDF with good directions! Now if I could just find those test tubes...

12 Weeks of Christmas 2011 - Week 10
__________________
Nancy


NancyL2648 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:03 PM   #3638
Gabfest Goddess
 
Cathy H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: California
Posts: 7,236
Default

There sure is some cute stuff out there.
__________________
Cathy H

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Cathy H is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:57 PM   #3639
Insane Embellisher
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 841
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyL2648 View Post
I also received this in an email yesterday and I hope to be able to make a couple for an upcoming show.
I bought those test tubes from Papertreay Ink.
The test tubes are so expensive from Papertrey though. Are you making them to sell, or give away?
DianeCraft is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:35 PM   #3640
Rubber Obsessor
 
croppixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Harmony, Nova Scotia
Posts: 365
Default Freebie print for Doggie Treat bags

Hi Everyone, my first and only show this year is next week and I'm getting nervous!!
I saw these really cute Doggie Treat bags here and was dieing to make some so tonight I came up with another quick and easy solution. AND I want to share is especially with you all because you are so kind and helpful. I never would of tried a craft fair if it wasn't for this group. So pop on over to the freebies section if you want to use these images.
Freebies - *Whimsie Doodles
__________________
My Blog
My Gallery
croppixie is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off