Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-20-2010, 09:04 AM   #321
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhb1281 View Post
I played around with setting up a mock display with some wire baskets and stackable locker shelves and this is what I came up with so far for one of my tables. This is one of the dark navy sheets I got at walmart. I think I uploaded a total of 8 pics tonight. As I make more things and set up 2 more tables I am sure this will change. I just wanted to get an idea how the locker shelves and baskets would work out together. I like the way they add height to the display. craft show display practice setup by dhb1281 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
I love your bread baskets...where did you find them? I think this looks great. I saw shelves like that at walmat in the school supplies they were clearencing out...but I wasn't able to get them at the time. I wonder if they still have them.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-20-2010, 12:50 PM   #322
Cardstock Collector

I know Walmart has stackable shelves for school lockers. I've got a couple in black and that's what those look like.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:24 PM   #323
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitysmom View Post
Target was having a sale on the fall themed m&m's so I decided to make some for my next craft show on Nov. 6th.

I posted these on the m&m stick thread, but thought I would share with you all too! Here is the thread is you are interested: Question re M&M treat thing I saw....

Thanks for looking!
Beth

Attachment 195726

Attachment 195727

OOOOh wow these are just too darn cute!!! Do you mind if I borrow this idea for my craft show?? I do woodcrafts but I'm running out of time and need some really fast ideas.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:50 PM   #324
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by loribelle3 View Post
Your display looks really good. I like the shelving that you've used. Where did you get it? I am still trying to figure out how to display all of my goodies at the next show since I only put myself down for 1 table. TFS!
Thank you! Still a work in progress. The shelving I bought at walgreens in their back to school section. They are stackable locker shelves. They came in differant colors, but I went with all black. They only had 6 and I bought them all. Looking for more but haven't found any. Some of the shows I do supply you with one table but I always bring my tables and usually can get 3 6 foot tables in a U shape in each booth. Most shows charge you extra for tables so I purchased mine about 4 yrs ago on sale and they have paid for themselves. I might be doing a outdoor fundraiser for breast cancer with my daughter next month weather permitting and will only be setting up one table so I wanted to see how much I could get on one table. I found the black wire baskets at walmart. I wanted something that I could clean easily in case things got dusty.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:04 PM   #325
Kookie Creator

Default How are you displaying...

For anyone that is making the magnetic memo boards, how are you planning to display them? Hanging or in a basket/container? Are you putting them in a cello bag or not?

Thanks

Sharon
Old 09-20-2010, 05:08 PM   #326
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbiejo View Post
Your display looks great,very uniform and neat.the items really look nicely packaged. Love those shelves and the wire baskets that match. Where are your prices,do you do signs? I price most of my stuff and general signs as to what you can do with the stuff,...Great Teacher gifts,stocking stuffers,...I only do holiday craft sales.
Thank you! I put little removable adhesive price tags on almost everything. I get them at staples. Usually in the upper right hand corner of ea item and also put up signs. Only one basket in my pics from yesterday had price tags on them as they were some sticky notes left over from last year. The rest of the items are things I have made over the last couple months and haven't priced yet. I am thinking about putting the price tags on the backs of ea item this year. I have heard if a customer picks something up to look at it they are more likely to hang on to it and buy it. So I would just say as the customer walks up to the booth, that the prices are on the back of ea item and it will make them pick up things. Then I will hand them a little shopping basket and say this will make it easier for you to shop. I don't know if this is true but thinking of trying this along with signs.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:11 PM   #327
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampnsk8r View Post
Good day today. I went to lows and found the tiles (travertine and tumbled marble) were under $4 each (boxed). I like the fact that I can go through the box and make sure I like what I have. Another good find at lows were square baskets set of 3...they were $5 clearance. All in all I spent less then $30 and hubby gave me $40...I didn't give him the change...lol.
Thats a great price on the tiles I will have to check my lowes again as they were amost out of tiles at the beginning of the summer and priced higher.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:19 PM   #328
Polyshrink Goddess

I agree with pricing on the back. I've worked retail for many years and as marketing goes two things are for sure...prices on the back make you look and touch...bigger baskets mean more room to shop. I'm going to borrow baskets from my friend who owns a store. I really like the idea of having baskets to shop.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:19 PM   #329
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by smriti View Post
Very pretty setup! Love your cane baskets and the idea of stackable shelves. I've yet to start shopping for my display stuff.
Thank you! By the way I love your peacock bookmark in your gallery!! Do you make them for the craft shows?
Old 09-20-2010, 05:34 PM   #330
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
I love your bread baskets...where did you find them? I think this looks great. I saw shelves like that at walmat in the school supplies they were clearencing out...but I wasn't able to get them at the time. I wonder if they still have them.
Thank you! This year I found the baskets for the coasters at the flower factory. Last year I found them at Michaels. I decided to have more baskets and nicer baskets to offer this year as the ones in baskets sold first last year even if the ladies were buying them for themselves. This year I choose two differant styles and will have to charge a little more for the bigger baskets as they were more expensive. I sold the coaster sets in the smaller baskets last year for $20. One lady last year even asked if she could switch the coasters she wanted to a differant basket that she liked better. Of course I made the switch for her. I didn't see any locker shelves in my walmart this year but I might have just missed them. Will have to check again. I checked another walgreens but they said they didn't sell well last year and didn't order any this year and my walgreens didn't have any more black ones.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:05 PM   #331
Polyshrink Goddess

Has anyone sold any little mini 3x5 altered comp books with a gel pen yet? What price? My first show isn't til next month but I get some imput at work and I asked a few people what they would price them (I brought two to work to show) and got the answer $4 (which would be 3.74 plus .26 tax (7% here) and one lady took one of the books from me and said I want this one. If the little ones sell for $4 ea with tax included what are the large books with the rsvp priced?? I was thinking 5.61 plus tax .39 = $6 I like to keep everthing an even or 50 cent ending so I only have to deal with quarters for change. I was thinking of offering the ones I have made with the matching acrylic post it note holders in my pics for at least $10 for the set. Is this to much or too little??
Old 09-20-2010, 08:03 PM   #332
Insane Embellisher

I made 80 beaded pens last night.
This evening, I was heating up the glue on a few that were falling off and my heat gun started to smoke. I turned it off and now it won't turn back on. Did I kill it???! I am trying to let it cool but not sure that will work. Has anyone else ever had that happen before?
Old 09-20-2010, 08:32 PM   #333
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
This evening, I was heating up the glue on a few that were falling off and my heat gun started to smoke. I turned it off and now it won't turn back on. Did I kill it???! I am trying to let it cool but not sure that will work. Has anyone else ever had that happen before?
Oh no!! I have never had that happen before...it sounds like the motor died or something. That's not good! I hope somebody can help!
Old 09-20-2010, 11:08 PM   #334
Kookie Creator

I have pictures of my first table setup in my gallery! There are several pics so I won't post them here. Please let me know what you think! It's crowded right now but it's not a six foot table so it's cramped lol.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:01 AM   #335
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post

That's happened to me with hair dryers, and yes, its probably dead. It will overheat and catch on fire (at least the hair dryer started to do that) so you probably shouldn't use it any more.

MY GALLERY
Old 09-21-2010, 08:08 AM   #336
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Thank you! By the way I love your peacock bookmark in your gallery!! Do you make them for the craft shows?
Thanks - I made that one for myself . This year will be my first for craft shows...I was planning to make some but somehow it fell off my list as I kept adding other ideas from this thread . I'm glad you reminded me because just yesterday I was thinking what other non-holiday item I could make
Old 09-21-2010, 08:13 AM   #337
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by tat2girl View Post
For anyone that is making the magnetic memo boards, how are you planning to display them? Hanging or in a basket/container? Are you putting them in a cello bag or not?

Thanks

Sharon
I'm planning to put them in cello bags - that makes sure that it doesn't get spoiled till the show and during the show. I'm yet to buy the bags though. Regarding the display, I was thinking of having a peg board and hanging them up from there. Again I haven't bought the peg board yet.

What I'm not sure about is whether all booths have a wall? If not then I can't use the pegboard idea.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:23 AM   #338
Crimping Master

Quote:

Thanks

Sharon
I will be hanging my message boards on (2) white 6' shelving pieces that are attached to the back of my tables. I used the wire cubes to hang them in my last show, but they take up a lot of table space...so going vertical this time!

Extras will be packaged in bags and in a basket in front of my vertical walls.

Last edited by kaitysmom; 09-21-2010 at 08:27 AM..
Old 09-21-2010, 08:23 AM   #339
Matboard Maniac

Would you post a link to the peacock bookmark?
Old 09-21-2010, 08:24 AM   #340
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisydilly View Post
OOOOh wow these are just too darn cute!!! Do you mind if I borrow this idea for my craft show?? I do woodcrafts but I'm running out of time and need some really fast ideas.
GO FOR IT! And good luck with your next show!
Old 09-21-2010, 12:35 PM   #341
Polyshrink Goddess

I've uploaded some tile coasters that I have been working on...each is a set of 4. What do you think? I'm back to the pricing game...hate the pricing game. I'm thinking $15 per set...but I haven't completely decided yet.

dscf0086.jpg dscf0136.jpg dscf0138.jpg

Butterflies are my favs.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:00 PM   #342
Cardstock Collector

Where are you getting the flashing for the magnetic boards? Does it come in sheets or a roll?
Old 09-21-2010, 02:06 PM   #343
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by imlynne View Post
Would you post a link to the peacock bookmark?
It's just a regular bookmark with a peacock image. Here's the link: Peacock Bookmark - Challenge at A Spoonful of sugar by smriti - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:09 PM   #344
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
I've uploaded some tile coasters that I have been working on...each is a set of 4. What do you think? I'm back to the pricing game...hate the pricing game. I'm thinking $15 per set...but I haven't completely decided yet.

Butterflies are my favs.
Your coasters look lovely! I totally suck at making these tile coasters I've 16 tiles sitting on my table but I just don't feel like picking them up. Plus the tumbled tiles I got have so many holes - I like your tiles, they're so smooth.
And I love the way you've given the border on one of the tiles!
Old 09-21-2010, 02:15 PM   #345
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapperinmiss View Post
Where are you getting the flashing for the magnetic boards? Does it come in sheets or a roll?
I've sent you some information in a PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:33 PM   #346
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflathem View Post
I've sent you some information in a PM.
care to share? thanks
Old 09-21-2010, 06:58 PM   #347
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapperinmiss View Post
I found mine at Menards. My Home Depot and Lowes did not carry the galvanized metal 5" X 7" pieces, but did have rolls, which I did not want to cut. Look in the roofing section.

PS. Thanks for the display ideas, ladies. I like the 6' shelving idea - I have a package of "s" hooks around here somewhere.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:38 PM   #348
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Butterflies are my favs.
Your coasters are great! I sold mine last year for $15 without a basket and $20 in a small basket. That price included sales tax. I also sold single coasters for $4 each. Thinking about selling the sets of 4 without baskets for $16 this year which would make them 14.95 and $1.05 sales tax = $16. but haven't decided for sure yet.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:04 PM   #349
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetickatie View Post
I have pictures of my first table setup in my gallery! There are several pics so I won't post them here. Please let me know what you think! It's crowded right now but it's not a six foot table so it's cramped lol.
Nice variety of items! What is tucked into the pocket on the back of the suitcase? I saw a booth a couple years ago that a lady used a variety of vintage suitcases to show case her jewelry and it made for a very eye catching display.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:09 PM   #350
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
PS. Thanks for the display ideas, ladies. I like the 6' shelving idea - I have a package of "s" hooks around here somewhere.
What is a shelving piece? Does anyone have a picture somewhere? I'm unable to understand what the display would be like.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:54 PM   #351
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Nice variety of items! What is tucked into the pocket on the back of the suitcase? I saw a booth a couple years ago that a lady used a variety of vintage suitcases to show case her jewelry and it made for a very eye catching display.
Thanks for your response! There are little notebooks tucked into the pocket. I am making more so it doesn't look so empty. I have another vintage suitcase I am using as well on my next table.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:14 AM   #352
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by smriti View Post
What is a shelving piece? Does anyone have a picture somewhere? I'm unable to understand what the display would be like.
Here is the link to Kerry's Blog that will show you the 6' shelving pieces. She added a black sheet behind them to make it more like a vertical wall: Projects/Craft Fairs/Oct2009/DSC_8365

She has a great blog with TONS of craft show ideas! If you have a few minutes take a peek and show her some love! I'm a stalker of her as well!
(I mean "stalker: in a crafty way...not creepy! LOL)
Old 09-22-2010, 03:13 AM   #353
Hardware Hotshot

Last night I tried making a couple of the matchbook post it holders from the resources section. They turned out really cute! I divided the post it pad into two so I got two matchbooks out of each. I did alter the dimensions on the folder because the pads that I had were 3" square and the one they showed in the tutorial was longer. They went together really quickly. I used staples instead of sticky strip on the bottom. Anyway, I plan on making quite a few more just as filler for the table. This weekend I plan on doing a mock set up to see where I might need to fill things in.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:31 AM   #354
Crimping Master

Default Late Night....but Productive!

Here is what I was working on last night....powder pockets for the water bottles are for my shoebox swap in October, but the covered patties are for a craft show on Nov. 6th. I'm kind in a sunflower phase....can you tell? Or maybe I was just to lazy to change out the cartridge in my Cricut??
100_5925.jpg100_5928.jpg100_5930.jpg

I think that I will add the candy patties to the $1.50 or 4/$5.00 section on my table.

Have a great morning all!
Beth
Old 09-22-2010, 04:32 AM   #355
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsruss View Post
Last night I tried making a couple of the matchbook post it holders from the resources section. They turned out really cute! I divided the post it pad into two so I got two matchbooks out of each. I did alter the dimensions on the folder because the pads that I had were 3" square and the one they showed in the tutorial was longer. They went together really quickly. I used staples instead of sticky strip on the bottom. Anyway, I plan on making quite a few more just as filler for the table. This weekend I plan on doing a mock set up to see where I might need to fill things in.
Would love to see them if you get a chance to take a pix!
Also your set up!

Take Care-
Beth
Old 09-22-2010, 04:54 AM   #356
Hardware Hotshot

Beth, I'll try and remember to take pictures tonight!

I love your sunflowers! They are so pretty.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:51 AM   #357
Matboard Maniac

Hi Beth, love the sunflowers!! Can you tell me what candy items you are planning to have in your $1.50 / 4 for $5.00 section? I think that is a GREAT idea! Thanks!
Old 09-22-2010, 06:56 AM   #358
Matboard Maniac

Kinetickatie, I think your mock-up display is really nice. Do you have something that you can put under the suitcase to give the table a little more height? Or maybe even put the other suitcase under it? I think varying heights always "adds" to a display. Also, at the actual show, will you have space for another table? You will probably get more lookers if you have more stock on display...
Old 09-22-2010, 07:14 AM   #359
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitysmom View Post
Here is what I was working on last night....powder pockets for the water bottles are for my shoebox swap in October, but the covered patties are for a craft show on Nov. 6th. I'm kind in a sunflower phase....can you tell? Or maybe I was just to lazy to change out the cartridge in my Cricut??
Attachment 196480Attachment 196481Attachment 196482

I think that I will add the candy patties to the $1.50 or 4/$5.00 section on my table.

Have a great morning all!
Beth

I just love these, and I am copying your idea for my sale (I hope you don't mind!). I have a cricuit but never use it, I really should pull that baby out and see if I have this shape. But I used the scallop SU punch and it worked nice. I did an MM bag with that on top (oh wait, like you did!!!) and wow it was so cute with the fall MMs. Really a cute idea and I thank you for sharing!!!

MY GALLERY
Old 09-22-2010, 07:16 AM   #360
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krafty*Kate View Post
Hi Beth, love the sunflowers!! Can you tell me what candy items you are planning to have in your $1.50 / 4 for $5.00 section? I think that is a GREAT idea! Thanks!
Here is the list of the 1.50 or 4/5.00 items that I have so far: I think this will end up being the "Stocking Stuffer Section"
Reindeer Poop
Snowman Poop
Grinch Pills
M&M Stix - sports, holiday and fall
Peppermint Patties - just 2 in a bag
Rudolph Spares
Smores Kits with Peeps
Magic Reindeer Dust
Sour Cream Containers - with kisses inside
Puppy and Kitty Treats - Yes, my pets have stockings too!

I need to come up with a couple more items for the price range....any suggestions?

UPDATE: I thought I might use the metal grid cubes to display this section. Big sign on top and baskets in each cube to hold the products? Still working this one out...may be too big for my tables? I plan on putting a stack of little handle baskets next to the display for customers to use while they are shopping? Any thoughts?

Last edited by kaitysmom; 09-22-2010 at 07:24 AM..