Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree60Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-08-2011, 07:34 PM   #3321
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
I was in Joanne's today. They have a really good sale going on. Alot of things are 40% off.

My best buy though was paper. I am done all my items for this year, but I do stock up with the thicker papers and xmas designs usually after xmas or thorughout the year. Well, they have the thick glitter papers that are usually 69 cents each on sale for 5 for 95 cents. I use these ones alot. I saved $18 on paper alone today!
Go to this site:Printable Coupons: Joann Coupons and you can print a coupon for an extra 20% off your entire order. I bought the paper today and used the 20% off coupon. The coupon is good on any regular and sale priced items.
Judi
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-08-2011, 07:45 PM   #3322
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyspencer View Post
What about the idea of it being coal?
I was hoping for something a little less common, since all the stores sell "lumps of coal" for your stockings. Maybe "diamond seeds, plant 90 miles deep and wait one million years then dig up your diamonds. Or eat them now for instant enjoyment'? I really love the color of the black sixlets. They also have some shiny white pearl ones. Any ideas for shiny white pearl candies....
Judi
Old 11-08-2011, 08:20 PM   #3323
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeteens View Post
Thanks, Mary! I did advise people about the gift card going in there too. I know they will sell, I just have to be patient, right? Right!

Well if they don't sell, start crying and screaming why nobody loves your lip balm purses. Maybe people will buy them that way! Or chase them down if they leave the table asking 'why? why?' I've been tempted to do that. Try to video that if you do it, so we can all enjoy the spectacle!

MY GALLERY
Old 11-08-2011, 08:22 PM   #3324
Cardstock Collector

Hi Kaitysmom, I make Ceramic Tile Coasters every year to sell at my only Craft Fair Nov 26 & 27th, 2011. After baking the coasters in oven for 20 mins, after they are cooled I spray with Krylon Extra Gloss..Home Depot has it. I sell my coasters for $5 each or a set of 4 $12.00 (that is a savings of $8.00). Regarding your comment on the price comparison at Etsy, that is what Coasters are selling for in British Columbia, Canada. I hope your Coasters turn out beautiful!!! Have a great Christmas!!!
Old 11-08-2011, 08:24 PM   #3325
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris062 View Post
This happened to me so many times on Saturday (11/5). I got lots of great comments and you could tell when someone was trying to figure out how to make something. I definitely don't claim the ideas as my own but still. One comment still smarts after a year. My sign on my table says "Handmade, unique paper crafts, greeting cards, gifts..." So this looker says "What exactly do you make that is handmade?" I kid you not, she said this with a sneer and kept picking things up and practically throwing them down. I was so upset! I admit I don't like everything I see at a craft show but I would never say anything to the person about what they make!
You always run into someone at the sales who is going to say something crazy or weird or just mean. I've had one at every sale this year. Just ignore them - they are just super jealous of our mad crafting skilz!

MY GALLERY
Old 11-08-2011, 08:45 PM   #3326
Cardstock Collector

Hi KLWCO, I do craft fairs every year and have done so for 10 years!!! Wow..that is a long time, however for the pass 7 years I have made ONLY Tile Coasters, Trivets (this year) sour cream containers and Gift Card Holders!! Last year was an off year, by this I mean, my product which was left over I will be selling this year!!! This year is the first year that I have sold Sour Cream Containers and Gift Card Holders. I will let you know how I did and will post some pics of my booth. I am selling my Tile Coasters $5 ea or set of 4 for $12 Savings of $8.00, Sour Cream Containers $1.50 ea or 5 $6.00 Savings of $1.50 and Gift Card Holders $1.50 ea OR 5 $6.00 Savings of $1.50. Thank you and Good Luck at your show
Old 11-08-2011, 09:31 PM   #3327
Stazon Splitcoast

check out this website. great tear off calendars-low prices!

SkyBluePink - cool stuff for non-fancy prices
Old 11-09-2011, 12:08 AM   #3328
Stazon Splitcoast

I just uploaded two of the Magic Santa Keys I made if you want to take a look in my gallery. There are two other designs, but I don't have any of them made yet.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:37 AM   #3329
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrussom View Post
Well if they don't sell, start crying and screaming why nobody loves your lip balm purses. Maybe people will buy them that way! Or chase them down if they leave the table asking 'why? why?' I've been tempted to do that. Try to video that if you do it, so we can all enjoy the spectacle!
That is hilarious! I will have to try that! Thanks for the laugh!

My sometimes neglected blog
Old 11-09-2011, 03:41 AM   #3330
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly H View Post
I just uploaded two of the Magic Santa Keys I made if you want to take a look in my gallery. There are two other designs, but I don't have any of them made yet.
Those are awesome! I may have to try those for next year. How much are you going to sell them for?

My sometimes neglected blog
Old 11-09-2011, 05:10 AM   #3331
Inking Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcountry311 View Post
check out this website. great tear off calendars-low prices!

SkyBluePink - cool stuff for non-fancy prices
I only order my calendars from her. Super fast shipping, etc!
Old 11-09-2011, 05:11 AM   #3332
Inking Addict

Quote:
LOVE this idea! HeeHee!
Old 11-09-2011, 05:35 AM   #3333
Crimping Master

Default Yellow Snow On This Thread?

Someone had mentioned yellow snow (not sure which thread) and thought that it may be a little inappropriate for a craft show. BUT!!! I made some of the candy sticks with white and yellow gumballs last year with a the below poem and they sold like crazy!!!! I sold all 50 of them @ $1.50. I heard a lot of comments about it being a great items for boys? I have girls so I still thought they were a little "icky".

Here is the poem that I used...if I can find the picture I will post it later.

Watch Out Where The
Puppy Dogs "Go"!
Don't You Eat That
YELLOW SNOW!

Enjoy!
Beth
Old 11-09-2011, 05:36 AM   #3334
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Love your Santa's keys. How much do you ask for them? Do you mind sharing your poem? Your Turkey Tootsie Pops are cute, too.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:56 AM   #3335
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailwiz View Post
Hi KLWCO, I do craft fairs every year and have done so for 10 years!!! Wow..that is a long time, however for the pass 7 years I have made ONLY Tile Coasters, Trivets (this year) sour cream containers and Gift Card Holders!! Last year was an off year, by this I mean, my product which was left over I will be selling this year!!! This year is the first year that I have sold Sour Cream Containers and Gift Card Holders. I will let you know how I did and will post some pics of my booth. I am selling my Tile Coasters $5 ea or set of 4 for $12 Savings of $8.00, Sour Cream Containers $1.50 ea or 5 $6.00 Savings of $1.50 and Gift Card Holders $1.50 ea OR 5 $6.00 Savings of $1.50. Thank you and Good Luck at your show
What images do you stamp on your coasters? I also think you are selling yourself short, I have made them many times as well and I only sell them in sets of 4 for $15 here in Alberta. I have had people be surprised that they could get them for so little.

My Gallery
Old 11-09-2011, 07:55 AM   #3336
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris062 View Post
This happened to me so many times on Saturday (11/5). I got lots of great comments and you could tell when someone was trying to figure out how to make something. I definitely don't claim the ideas as my own but still. One comment still smarts after a year. My sign on my table says "Handmade, unique paper crafts, greeting cards, gifts..." So this looker says "What exactly do you make that is handmade?" I kid you not, she said this with a sneer and kept picking things up and practically throwing them down. I was so upset! I admit I don't like everything I see at a craft show but I would never say anything to the person about what they make!
Whoa! That is so rude! As Cathy said, I don't why people have to say something if it's not something nice!
Old 11-09-2011, 07:56 AM   #3337
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
LOL Mary!! You're so funny
Old 11-09-2011, 07:58 AM   #3338
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
I was in Joanne's today. They have a really good sale going on. Alot of things are 40% off.

My best buy though was paper. I am done all my items for this year, but I do stock up with the thicker papers and xmas designs usually after xmas or thorughout the year. Well, they have the thick glitter papers that are usually 69 cents each on sale for 5 for 95 cents. I use these ones alot. I saved $18 on paper alone today!
Thanks for the tip Diane! I've used up a lot of my paper, especially the xmas designs, and need to replenish.

Thanks for the coupon too taylorjudi!
Old 11-09-2011, 09:07 AM   #3339
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via AIM to NancyL2648

Quote:
Just love your Santa Keys...gorgeous!
Your Turkey Pops are just adorable, too cute.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:11 AM   #3340
Insane Embellisher

I leave to work a scrapbook expo and come back to find 4 pages to read. Congrats to all the sales. If you don't sell it this week...hopefully you'll sell it next week. I'm working on Christmas wreaths right now. The problem I have is that most of my product is being sold at farms and farmers markets...thus no food treats. I think I can get away with a couple of items...but for the most part...no food. If I give any candy away it has to be clearly marked and wrapped and I have to have a sheet of nutritional information. Usually I just make a copy of the back of the bag to have on hand if anybody asks. I'm also working on banners, cupcake toppers, cupcake wrappers, gift tags, gift bags, more and more cards, post it's, journals large and small, envelope packs made out of magazines in fun sizes, color me card kits for the kids, packaged embellishments and twine for the crafter that pops by the booth, and business card holders. I'm also doing a sign that says I'll come to you for classes...for those that say they do this themselves or the teens that want to learn something fun...offering a stamping party. I have no problem sharing my knowledge with somebody at a craft show...but my time is worth something I think...and if they ask I would rather offer classes. I'll upload some pics as I get things going. Here are some of the cupcake toppers I did yesterday and a couple of banners I've been making.

dscf2416.jpg

dscf2419.jpg

dscf0282-2-.jpg

dscf0283-2-.jpg
Old 11-09-2011, 10:01 AM   #3341
Inking Addict

Yeah! Now I don't have to go look this up. Thank you for sharing. I was happy the last time I ordered calendars from skybluepink. Let's hope I can get them before Thanksgiving. Maria

Last edited by stampinrealtor; 11-09-2011 at 10:07 AM.. Reason: had to make reference to what I was talking about.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:09 AM   #3342
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampnsk8r View Post
I leave to work a scrapbook expo and come back to find 4 pages to read. Congrats to all the sales. If you don't sell it this week...hopefully you'll sell it next week. I'm working on Christmas wreaths right now. The problem I have is that most of my product is being sold at farms and farmers markets...thus no food treats. I think I can get away with a couple of items...but for the most part...no food. If I give any candy away it has to be clearly marked and wrapped and I have to have a sheet of nutritional information. Usually I just make a copy of the back of the bag to have on hand if anybody asks. I'm also working on banners, cupcake toppers, cupcake wrappers, gift tags, gift bags, more and more cards, post it's, journals large and small, envelope packs made out of magazines in fun sizes, color me card kits for the kids, packaged embellishments and twine for the crafter that pops by the booth, and business card holders. I'm also doing a sign that says I'll come to you for classes...for those that say they do this themselves or the teens that want to learn something fun...offering a stamping party. I have no problem sharing my knowledge with somebody at a craft show...but my time is worth something I think...and if they ask I would rather offer classes. I'll upload some pics as I get things going. Here are some of the cupcake toppers I did yesterday and a couple of banners I've been making.

Attachment 234183

Attachment 234184

Attachment 234185

Attachment 234186
Lisa,

I was trying to get to the Scrapbook Expo with a group of friends on Friday, but decided not to go so I could get stuff done for the craft fair that I was participating in (in Simi Valley) on Sunday. Then, that got canceled due to rain. They all said they had a great time! Your stuff looks great, I hope it all sells quickly.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:25 PM   #3343
Pearl-ExPert

Santas Magic Key
This is a link to a website that had an adorable santa key that I copied. I liked the poem on that a lot and the image. I wanted to just click the 'download here' link but it didn't work for me. I emailed her but it still didn't work. Now that my sales are all done, and it was on Pinterest and she got bombarded with tons of emails and facebook requests, she has fixed the link. hopefully this will work for you. Would have saved me lots of time but alas, next year! Her website is Pearls, Handcuffs and Happy Hour (gotta love that!).

MY GALLERY
Old 11-09-2011, 04:01 PM   #3344
Rubber Obsessor

Send a message via Yahoo to blueslady

In case there is anyone who hasn't gotten the snowman wrapper download, Laurie Furnell has posted it to her Aimee Asher store for free. Here is a link:Snowman wrapper
Old 11-09-2011, 04:07 PM   #3345
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbyt View Post
Would you be willing to share your poems? I would love to see the teacher tranquilizer poem! Sounds pretty good!
Thanks!
Barb
Barb: I get most of my poems from craftsayings.com They have an archived board that has hundreds of M & M poems. You can search it and find a poem for almost any occasion, occupation, holiday, etc. Here is a link: craft poems
Check out the gag gifts board and then look at M & M poems. HTH
Old 11-09-2011, 04:13 PM   #3346
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueslady View Post
I took a santa hat and made a purse out of it. I cut the tip of the hat off and made that the flap. I'll have to take a pc and post it later.
Heres my attempt at posting a pic of the Santa Hat purse

Old 11-09-2011, 05:20 PM   #3347
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeteens View Post
Those are awesome! I may have to try those for next year. How much are you going to sell them for?
I'm thinking $6. Do you ladies think that's too high?
Old 11-09-2011, 05:21 PM   #3348
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyL2648 View Post
Just love your Santa Keys...gorgeous!
Your Turkey Pops are just adorable, too cute.
Thank you! I'm trying to design a rudolph lollipop wrap tonight, and I haven't quite figured out what I want to do.....
Old 11-09-2011, 05:26 PM   #3349
Stazon Splitcoast

This is the poem I used for my santa keys:

Santa’s Magic Key

Our stockings hang upon a wall.
We have no fireplace at all!
You see the problem is quite clear.
Santa, how will you get in here?

We heard a legend. Is it true?
Of magic only you can do.
We'll leave out any plain old key,
and mark it "Santa" so you can see.

Your magic makes the key fit right,
So you can get inside that night.
Thank you Santa, here's our key.
The milk and cookies are on me!
Old 11-09-2011, 06:26 PM   #3350
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailwiz View Post
Hi Kaitysmom, I make Ceramic Tile Coasters every year to sell at my only Craft Fair Nov 26 & 27th, 2011. After baking the coasters in oven for 20 mins, after they are cooled I spray with Krylon Extra Gloss..Home Depot has it. I sell my coasters for $5 each or a set of 4 $12.00 (that is a savings of $8.00). Regarding your comment on the price comparison at Etsy, that is what Coasters are selling for in British Columbia, Canada. I hope your Coasters turn out beautiful!!! Have a great Christmas!!!
I am in BC also. What are the tiles called at Home Depot?

I looked in Lowes when I was in Washington recently and could not figure out which tiles could be used for stamped tiles.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:32 PM   #3351
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAmomof2 View Post
Lisa,

I was trying to get to the Scrapbook Expo with a group of friends on Friday, but decided not to go so I could get stuff done for the craft fair that I was participating in (in Simi Valley) on Sunday. Then, that got canceled due to rain. They all said they had a great time! Your stuff looks great, I hope it all sells quickly.
It's ok...there'll be another expo in Feb in Anaheim and April in San Diego...Love it when it's in San Diego...sleep in my own bed for a change. Thanks for the compliment...hope it sells too. The one craft fair that I was going to do this weekend has been canceled due to rain (Sat)...there's another at Bates Nut Farm but it's a bit pricey. I think I'm going to stick with the farmers market...it's once a week all the way up till Christmas. Hope it all goes well for everybody else.

@ Diane...Your looking for Travertine...great for stamping on. Lots of pits...but that can really just add to the hand crafted look.

@Kelly...love the poem...can't wait to see the rudolph pops...bet they look just as cute as those turkeys.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:00 PM   #3352
Rubber Obsessor

[QUOTE=kaitysmom;18903612]Someone had mentioned yellow snow (not sure which thread) and thought that it may be a little inappropriate for a craft show. BUT!!! I made some of the candy sticks with white and yellow gumballs last year with a the below poem and they sold like crazy!!!! I sold all 50 of them @ $1.50. I heard a lot of comments about it being a great items for boys? I have girls so I still thought they were a little "icky".

Here is the poem that I used...if I can find the picture I will post it later.

Watch Out Where The
Puppy Dogs "Go"!
Don't You Eat That
YELLOW SNOW!

Beth

I love it, Beth! Too funny! Thank you for sharing. I was the one who posted the "yellow snow out of sixlets", but my plan truly was for angel kisses. I may have to make a new plan. Think I can sell these at church? That is where my craft fair is being held.
Judi
Old 11-09-2011, 09:48 PM   #3353
Insane Embellisher

[QUOTE=taylorjudi;18906188]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitysmom View Post
I love it, Beth! Too funny! Thank you for sharing. I was the one who posted the "yellow snow out of sixlets", but my plan truly was for angel kisses. I may have to make a new plan. Think I can sell these at church? That is where my craft fair is being held.
Judi
Sure! I would still make some as your angel kisses though, for variety.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:19 AM   #3354
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Barb: I get most of my poems from craftsayings.com They have an archived board that has hundreds of M & M poems. You can search it and find a poem for almost any occasion, occupation, holiday, etc. Here is a link: craft poems
Thanks so much! I will keep these on hand! Great ideas!
Barby
Old 11-10-2011, 07:20 AM   #3355
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampnsk8r View Post

Attachment 234183

Attachment 234184

Attachment 234185

Attachment 234186
Your toppers and banners are lovely!
Old 11-10-2011, 07:47 AM   #3356
Cardstock Collector

Hi I do all sorts of images but the ones that sell the most is the French Script. I also do alot of Leaves (which I shade with my chalks and then I stamp French Script over the leaves. Does this make sense ladies??? After I apply what I want on my tiles I bake them for 20 mins in a 200 degree oven, when cooled I spray them with the Krylon Triple Gloss. These tiles I have been doing for years and people always come up to me at the Craft show and compliment me on the quality of my products. It makes me happy
Old 11-10-2011, 07:53 AM   #3357
Cardstock Collector

I don't know the name of the tiles but if you go to Home Depot and look for the 4x4 tiles, the tiles come in a box of 8 for $4.99. The tiles are white, don't get the tiles that are light brown, I hope this helps you!
Old 11-10-2011, 08:55 AM   #3358
Cardstock Collector

Quote:
I am in BC also. What are the tiles called at Home Depot?

I looked in Lowes when I was in Washington recently and could not figure out which tiles could be used for stamped tiles.
Diane,

These are the Home Depot (Canada)tiles I use :

Anatolia Brand
4 In. x 4 In. Chiaro Travertine Tumbled

Model: HD001 | Store SKU: 1000439049

and they've been available in every Home Depot store I've looked in - I just open the box and make sure most are without holes in the centre where I plan to put the image
Old 11-10-2011, 09:13 AM   #3359
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by smriti View Post
Your toppers and banners are lovely!
Thank you so much.

Quote:
Love these...Thanks for sharing...bookmarking for later!
Old 11-10-2011, 10:28 AM   #3360
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunseekerBC View Post
Diane,

These are the Home Depot (Canada)tiles I use :

Anatolia Brand
4 In. x 4 In. Chiaro Travertine Tumbled

Model: HD001 | Store SKU: 1000439049

and they've been available in every Home Depot store I've looked in - I just open the box and make sure most are without holes in the centre where I plan to put the image
Thanks!
These are going on my list for next year.