Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree134Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-17-2010, 12:13 PM   #281
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrussom View Post
I do about the same, 10-12 for $1. It took me forever to do my bunches of tags, and it seems like a lot of work for not a lot of money. But I tried to make them as simple, but still cute.

My craft area is a freaking mess right now!!!

In my area, sets don't sell. I can't sell cards in sets either. So based on your pricing, would I sell them for $0.10 to $0.15 each?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-17-2010, 09:49 PM   #282
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouseprints View Post
In my area, sets don't sell. I can't sell cards in sets either. So based on your pricing, would I sell them for $0.10 to $0.15 each?

I guess if I was selling tags individually I may make them bigger and more embelished and sell for 50 cents or so. I don't do indiv tags for sale though.

MY GALLERY
Old 09-18-2010, 01:25 AM   #283
Stampin' Fool

Send a message via Yahoo to clln

subbing

Old 09-18-2010, 02:31 AM   #284
Cardstock Collector

I've been reading and enjoying all your posts and have just recently joined the group.
Somewhere, probably on the other thread I saw Christmas tree decorations which appeared to be two punched out circles with a sweet (oops! that should be candy) inside and a ribbon hanger.
Can anyone tell me how these are made up? I thought of doing some with chocolate coins inside for the kids but don't want them falling to bits. Thanks. Jan.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:17 AM   #285
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancincz View Post
I hate to change the subject...but what is the best ATG gun???
I just got the new Pink ATG gun and love it! It came with 2 tape rolls and I ordered more through The Tape Depot. It has been very easy to load and use. Since I am not close to a Michael's store to use the 50% off coupon, like a lot of gals have done, I purchased it at Scrapbook.com for $29.99 which I thought was a good price, since it came with tape.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:50 AM   #286
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennunder View Post
I just got the new Pink ATG gun and love it! It came with 2 tape rolls and I ordered more through The Tape Depot. It has been very easy to load and use. Since I am not close to a Michael's store to use the 50% off coupon, like a lot of gals have done, I purchased it at Scrapbook.com for $29.99 which I thought was a good price, since it came with tape.
I have the red 714 and love it! I got my refills at Tape Depot as well! Can't beat the price per roll and when you order with a couple friends shipping over 50.00 is free!

I have seen the Pink one at Michael's and will probably pick one of those up with a coupon too! You can't have too many tape guns - right? Just glad that Mike's carries the tape refills if I ever get in a bind and can't get my Tape Depot order fast enough!

There are a ton of discussions on the Tool Thread if you want to see more details.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:15 AM   #287
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitney56 View Post
Post it Notes - save $$

My Walmart, has them on clearance
  • Bright neon, package of 5 - $1.00 (they were originally with school supplies, but moved to office supplies and shelf price said $5+, try scanning to see if they come up cheaper.)
  • Pastels, package of 6 - $1.00

Now....let's get them free

I found this coupon on slickdeals.net - but to save you time in searching for the pdf, see attached. My Walmart accepted the coupon on the pastel pack even though it wasn't the Super Sticky notepads. I did have one cashier who wouldn't let me use one coupon, I had several cashiers allow me to use five. I am embarrassed to say how many packs I have now
Went to my walmart yesterday and the 5 pack wasn't on sale. Found the same colors in single packs for $1 ea and tried to by them with the coupons. The cashier couldn't get the register to accept the coupon and the register froze and wouldn't even scan my other purchases (was at a self check out) they moved me to a regular register and got the register to accept one coupon but not the rest. She called a supervisor which told me that the coupons were fradulent forgeries and a scam and took my coupons. Needless to say it was a little embarressing. Just wondering if any one else had this problem or were you able to use the coupons?
Old 09-18-2010, 09:15 AM   #288
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via Yahoo to whitney56

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhb1281 View Post
Went to my walmart yesterday and the 5 pack wasn't on sale. Found the same colors in single packs for $1 ea and tried to by them with the coupons. The cashier couldn't get the register to accept the coupon and the register froze and wouldn't even scan my other purchases (was at a self check out) they moved me to a regular register and got the register to accept one coupon but not the rest. She called a supervisor which told me that the coupons were fradulent forgeries and a scam and took my coupons. Needless to say it was a little embarressing. Just wondering if any one else had this problem or were you able to use the coupons?
What a bummer. Like I mentioned in my posting - one clerk would not allow me to use one and yet, on five different occasions, I was able to purchase 4-5 each time.

The coupon pdf was put together at slickdeals and they were the EXACT coupon I got in my email from 3M.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:33 AM   #289
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitney56 View Post
What a bummer. Like I mentioned in my posting - one clerk would not allow me to use one and yet, on five different occasions, I was able to purchase 4-5 each time.

The coupon pdf was put together at slickdeals and they were the EXACT coupon I got in my email from 3M.
Not being able to use the coupons were a bummer, but if I hadn't gone yesterday specifically to use the coupons I would have missed out on some great deals. My walmart is in the middle of remodeling and while I was there I ran into a lady just marking a bunch of items down to clearance that I would have missed out on if it hadn't been for you. Many of the items were marked down to a $1. So even though the coupon part was a little embarressing, it was still a very successful shopping spree! So I thank you for all of my bargains!
Old 09-18-2010, 10:38 AM   #290
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitysmom View Post
I have the red 714 and love it! I got my refills at Tape Depot as well! Can't beat the price per roll and when you order with a couple friends shipping over 50.00 is free!

I have seen the Pink one at Michael's and will probably pick one of those up with a coupon too! You can't have too many tape guns - right? Just glad that Mike's carries the tape refills if I ever get in a bind and can't get my Tape Depot order fast enough!

There are a ton of discussions on the Tool Thread if you want to see more details.
I am trying to order some tape from there- do you happen to have the product number? I am not sure which one to get as I have only had my gun for about a month! Thanks so much

ALL NEW!! As of 6/20/11 http://stamperstacey.blogspot.com/
Old 09-18-2010, 11:31 AM   #291
Rubber Obsessor

looking for the mini calenders that will fit on coasters - need to use up all the coasters I just got - bought a box of blank ones, about 1,000 - should last me thru the next decade;=)
then I got a note from the UPS man that he left a box in the garage...another box of 1,000...it seems they were having a 'buy one, get one free' sale !!!!
need LOTS of ideas for coasters ladies....please help me out
thanks, carole
Old 09-18-2010, 12:42 PM   #292
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsskgilbert View Post
I am trying to order some tape from there- do you happen to have the product number? I am not sure which one to get as I have only had my gun for about a month! Thanks so much
Here is the link:The Tape Depot - TheTapeDepot.com - The One and Only Tape Superstore. We carry Adhesive Tape, ATG Tape, Conspicuity Tape, Copper Tape, Duct Tape, Camo Tape, Carton Sealing Tape, Double Coated Tape, DOT Tape, Electrical Tape, Floor Tape, Foil Tape, Ga

Click on the box for 12 roll sub pack...unless you want the case?
Old 09-18-2010, 12:44 PM   #293
Rubber Obsessor

Wow dancincz! I had been saving some coasters from restaurants, I went to look for them and hubby had "cleaned up" so now I am collecting again to make a few projects for Christmas. LOl
Old 09-18-2010, 01:28 PM   #294
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via Yahoo to whitney56

Tape Depot - I have ordered from them twice. I was surprised that the no longer take phone calls. I called their number listed on the website and it said, if you have a question, email us. Well...that was Thursday and still nothing. Lake of professional customer service, I'm shopping elsewhere.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:40 PM   #295
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannan View Post
I've been reading and enjoying all your posts and have just recently joined the group.
Somewhere, probably on the other thread I saw Christmas tree decorations which appeared to be two punched out circles with a sweet (oops! that should be candy) inside and a ribbon hanger.
Can anyone tell me how these are made up? I thought of doing some with chocolate coins inside for the kids but don't want them falling to bits. Thanks. Jan.
I think this may have been the ones with peppermint patties in them.
They are adhered inside two large circles, which are matted with two large scallop circles. Look in the gallery for examples.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:57 PM   #296
Rubber Obsessor

I bought some of my refill tape for my ATG gun on Ebay!

Altered by Jenn
Old 09-18-2010, 04:03 PM   #297
Polyshrink Goddess

What do you all think of these? The larger one is 5 x 12 and the other is 5 x 7. I just love my Cricut!!!! Need a few more cartridges though. LOL (who doesn't.)

I hope to get more of these made for my craft sale in October.
Attached Thumbnails
img_2111.jpg   img_2113.jpg  
Old 09-18-2010, 04:27 PM   #298
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
What do you all think of these? The larger one is 5 x 12 and the other is 5 x 7. I just love my Cricut!!!! Need a few more cartridges though. LOL (who doesn't.)

GREAT job!
Old 09-18-2010, 04:59 PM   #299
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via MSN to MissJessicaNichole Send a message via Yahoo to MissJessicaNichole

Quote:
On another website I visit, they were talking about this problem. I was able to buy one pad of post its for 50cents and they let me use the 1$ off coupon that was in the newspaper a few weeks ago.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:05 PM   #300
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

These are great...The Cricut makes things so nice...doesn't it?
Old 09-18-2010, 05:56 PM   #301
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
What do you all think of these? The larger one is 5 x 12 and the other is 5 x 7. I just love my Cricut!!!! Need a few more cartridges though. LOL (who doesn't.) I hope to get more of these made for my craft sale in October.

Trish, your signs are great and I hope they will be good sellers at your show. I might have to make a few of these too!
Old 09-18-2010, 09:49 PM   #302
Watercolor Wizard

Here is something I found on ebay of all places. Tape Depot sells the same tape on ebay for only $22.95 with FREE shipping. Their website has it for $23.50 plus shipping.

I ordered from ebay last time and got the tape quickly.

12 ROLLS - ATG REFILLS - SCRAPBOOK TAPE - 1/4" X 36YD - eBay (item 220647976050 end time Oct-02-10 07:37:36 PDT)

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 09-19-2010, 03:54 AM   #303
Crimping Master

Default atg tape

The ebay thing is a good deal for the 24 pack...but the 144 pack is 178.99 on ebay and 164 on their sight with free shipping...isn't that the strangest thing? I love their tape though, so will get it wherever they sell it. the guns are cheaper on their sight too
Old 09-19-2010, 06:28 AM   #304
Rubber Obsessor

Love the matchbook notepads. $1.50 seems very reasonable. TFS.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:58 AM   #305
Crimping Master

Default HALLOWEEN M&M'S AT WALGREENS NOW

I don't know if you have a Walgreens in your area (drug store) but they are advertising the Halloween M&M's in their Sunday add! So I assume that they are making them again this year??? I thought I had seen them around!!! Good to know I'm not crazy...unless these are from last year??

Here is the pix of their add:
100_5913.jpg

Will run over there this afternoon to see if they have an expiration date on them too.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:15 AM   #306
Polyshrink Goddess

Working this weekend on setting up a mock display at home to see how much stock I actually have and how much more I have to make. Working on getting everything I have packaged and priced. Will take pics to post when it is done. Has anyone sold any altered file folders with the Jr legal pads and matching rsvp pens yet this year? I am stumped on what to ask for these. Beth (kaitysmom) I noticed on your wonderful blog that you had some last year that are like the ones I have made. Would love to know how well they sold and at what price? Please tell me they sold great as I have made a bunch and cannot decide on a price. My fronts are plain and also trying to decide if I should add some embelishments. Please help.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:18 AM   #307
Crimping Master

Quote:
Beth (kaitysmom) I noticed on your wonderful blog that you had some last year that are like the ones I have made. Would love to know how well they sold and at what price? Please tell me they sold great as I have made a bunch and cannot decide on a price. My fronts are plain and also trying to decide if I should add some embelishments. Please help.
I wish I had good news for you on the file folder notebooks...but I don't. They didn't sell for me AT ALL! I think I made about 10 and only sold 1 or 2. I did use them for gifts last year though! I priced them at $6.00 with the RSVP pen...maybe too much? But material-wise, I really couldn't make them much cheaper. I didn't add a lot of extra embellishments to mine in order to keep the price lower...but no luck!

BUT! You never know what will sell this year! I think "things" are beginning to pick up and maybe customers will be willing to pay more for them this year?

Good luck with your mock up...I'm going to try to get mine set up this week. Since I have added a few new items to my list this year, I need to find a way to update my display too!
Old 09-19-2010, 11:32 AM   #308
Kookie Creator

I made and sold the notepads, last year. Found Christmas ones for kids sold the most. Grannies were buying them, and the smaller ones made with the kind you get in the Dollar stores. I envy you as in the UK we don't have such good quality ones.

Notepads cost 30 cents each. Sold for $1.50, I printed some Christmas Pictures and coloured in with pencils, Cheap and Cheerful, but I did sell 20 of them.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:45 PM   #309
Insane Embellisher

Good day today. I went to lows and found the tiles (travertine and tumbled marble) were under $4 each (boxed). I like the fact that I can go through the box and make sure I like what I have. Another good find at lows were square baskets set of 3...they were $5 clearance. All in all I spent less then $30 and hubby gave me $40...I didn't give him the change...lol.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:55 PM   #310
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Here is a pix of one from last year....I didn't put them on my list for my craft shows this year, But I still will make a few for neighbors and "unexpected guests bearing gifts"
Attachment 196053

Beth...where do you get your tins??...I'm not finding any I can afford. I was also thinking of making a nugget match box instead...I have tons of acetate for the lid...but for the interest of time I'm concerned that I won't be able to get enough done. Oh well...if all else fails...I can just eat the candy.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:08 PM   #311
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampnsk8r View Post
Beth...where do you get your tins??...I'm not finding any I can afford. I was also thinking of making a nugget match box instead...I have tons of acetate for the lid...but for the interest of time I'm concerned that I won't be able to get enough done. Oh well...if all else fails...I can just eat the candy.
I ordered my tins from here last year: Tin Rectangular Window 5.5" by 3.7" hinged - COVER

I haven't looked around for a better price this year since I still had a bunch left over....

HTH!
Beth
Old 09-19-2010, 02:47 PM   #312
Glitter Queen

Quote:
I don't know if you have a Walgreens in your area (drug store) but they are advertising the Halloween M&M's in their Sunday add! So I assume that they are making them again this year??? I thought I had seen them around!!! Good to know I'm not crazy...unless these are from last year??

Here is the pix of their add:
Attachment 196208

Will run over there this afternoon to see if they have an expiration date on them too.
Answered on the old forum also. Did you find the Halloween M&M's? In our ad they were definitely advertised but the only ones the had were the Fall asst.
Old 09-19-2010, 03:02 PM   #313
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via MSN to MissJessicaNichole Send a message via Yahoo to MissJessicaNichole

Post its are on sale at Staples this week for 1$!!
Old 09-19-2010, 05:10 PM   #314
Inking Addict

Dancincz: I think you were the one looking for calendars? I always order mine from SkyBluePink - cool stuff for non-fancy prices

I get the large sized ones, but they make 3 different ones. Usually fast service, so you might give them a shot! I made binder clip calendars last year and sold all that I made. So, I am going to make some again this year, and hope they do as well again. You have a LOT of coasters!
Old 09-19-2010, 05:28 PM   #315
Polyshrink Goddess

I played around with setting up a mock display with some wire baskets and stackable locker shelves and this is what I came up with so far for one of my tables. This is one of the dark navy sheets I got at walmart. I think I uploaded a total of 8 pics tonight. As I make more things and set up 2 more tables I am sure this will change. I just wanted to get an idea how the locker shelves and baskets would work out together. I like the way they add height to the display. craft show display practice setup by dhb1281 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 09-19-2010, 05:35 PM   #316
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
I wish I had good news for you on the file folder notebooks...but I don't. They didn't sell for me AT ALL! I think I made about 10 and only sold 1 or 2. I did use them for gifts last year though! I priced them at $6.00 with the RSVP pen...maybe too much? But material-wise, I really couldn't make them much cheaper. I didn't add a lot of extra embellishments to mine in order to keep the price lower...but no luck!

BUT! You never know what will sell this year! I think "things" are beginning to pick up and maybe customers will be willing to pay more for them this year?

Good luck with your mock up...I'm going to try to get mine set up this week. Since I have added a few new items to my list this year, I need to find a way to update my display too!
I was really hoping for better news I already have 24 done and another 12 in the making. Maybe I better be thinking on decorating the fronts with something cute. I will have to think about this a bit.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:56 AM   #317
Rubber Obsessor

Your display looks really good. I like the shelving that you've used. Where did you get it? I am still trying to figure out how to display all of my goodies at the next show since I only put myself down for 1 table. TFS!

Quote:
I played around with setting up a mock display with some wire baskets and stackable locker shelves and this is what I came up with so far for one of my tables. This is one of the dark navy sheets I got at walmart. I think I uploaded a total of 8 pics tonight. As I make more things and set up 2 more tables I am sure this will change. I just wanted to get an idea how the locker shelves and baskets would work out together. I like the way they add height to the display. craft show display practice setup by dhb1281 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 09-20-2010, 06:52 AM   #318
Crimping Master

Quote:
I was really hoping for better news I already have 24 done and another 12 in the making. Maybe I better be thinking on decorating the fronts with something cute. I will have to think about this a bit.
Your display looks great,very uniform and neat.the items really look nicely packaged. Love those shelves and the wire baskets that match. Where are your prices,do you do signs? I price most of my stuff and general signs as to what you can do with the stuff,...Great Teacher gifts,stocking stuffers,...I only do holiday craft sales.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:47 AM   #319
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Very pretty setup! Love your cane baskets and the idea of stackable shelves. I've yet to start shopping for my display stuff.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:49 AM   #320
Matboard Maniac

Sharon246,
Which notepads did you make? I would love to see your Christmas ones.