In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree39Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-27-2011, 08:12 PM   #3081
Stazon Splitcoast
 
pamelak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 11,166
Default Done

Just finished the last of 72 Snowman Hershey bars. My 3-day craft fair starts tomorrow at noon. There were many other items I wanted to make but ran out of time. Thre's always next year. Wish me luck. I want to thank everyone for all the ideas, suggestions and encouragement you gave me. You're the best! Blessings, Pam
pamelak is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:28 PM   #3082
Kookie Creator
 
tat2girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Livin' in the OC
Posts: 370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelak View Post
Just finished the last of 72 Snowman Hershey bars. My 3-day craft fair starts tomorrow at noon. There were many other items I wanted to make but ran out of time. Thre's always next year. Wish me luck. I want to thank everyone for all the ideas, suggestions and encouragement you gave me. You're the best! Blessings, Pam
Sending good thoughts your way, Pam! Hope you do well.
__________________
Ink on Skin, Ink on Paper...
...It's all the same smell!
tat2girl is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:34 PM   #3083
Stazon Splitcoast
 
pamelak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 11,166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tat2girl View Post
Sending good thoughts your way, Pam! Hope you do well.
Thanks loads!
pamelak is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:01 PM   #3084
Insane Embellisher
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy H View Post
Trade secrets? That is so funny. I certainly get more out of this thread than I put in!!!! My necklaces didn't sell last time - I didn't sell a single one. I was asking $10 for them which I think is what DianeCraft is asking for hers - which you should check out - they are BEAUTIFUL!!! Anyway I do not use the pendant trays, just the glass tiles. And the Images are from CraftFantastic.com mostly. All I back the glass tiles with is the glaze. A friend of mine mentioned covering the backs with gold paper - but I'm not exactly sure how she does that. I am going to lower my price and figure out a better way to display them than last time. . .
Thanks Cathy! You are so sweet.
One of these days I will get around to starting a gallery of my goodies. I do have a Facebook page though (called Inspired Bliss). If you go there, you will see a pic of a whole lot of my necklaces. I use that for my customers.

I just started making these this year, and they sell so well that I raised my price from $10 to $12 and they still sell. I hand-design each one though..just like my glass magnets. Mixed Media style.
__________________
Diane
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Inspi...82211095136032
Website (under construction): http://www.inspiredbliss.ca/
DianeCraft is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:08 PM   #3085
AOK
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 175
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelak View Post
Just finished the last of 72 Snowman Hershey bars. My 3-day craft fair starts tomorrow at noon. There were many other items I wanted to make but ran out of time. Thre's always next year. Wish me luck. I want to thank everyone for all the ideas, suggestions and encouragement you gave me. You're the best! Blessings, Pam
Best of luck Pam. Have fun and enjoy your day. Thanks to you for all your inspiration and help.
__________________
Anne

My Blog :http://aokspaperstuff.blogspot.com/
AOK is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:11 AM   #3086
Inking Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Indianapolis - GO COLTS!
Posts: 79
Default

Ladies, I am new to your board here, and brand new to the craft fair thing. I have been crafting for about 10 years but never had the guts to sell anything until recently. I have gleaned so many wonderful ideas and suggestions from you all, and I celebrate your successes! NOW, at the risk of dragging out something that is buried deep within the catacombs of this discussion, who could tell me about the "lip balm purses" and point me in the direction of some instructions? I am looking for more stocking stuffer and gift-exchange ideas and those sound neat. I got a wonderful tutorial on the mini sanitizer purses from DAWN GRIFFITH (dawnsstampinthoughts.com) - she has lots of adorable ideas and easy-to-duplicate instructions/videos (and she just seems so sweet!). Any help will be appreciated! BTW, my First "official" fair is DEC 10. I feel confident, thanks to you all, that it will be fun AND successful! BLESSINGS! -Kim in IN
__________________
Kim
www.kcarddesigns.biz

I have a creative gene...it comes from my Father, the Author of Creativity!
kkccmom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:24 AM   #3087
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hillsboro, ohio
Posts: 185
Default

daisydilly is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:29 AM   #3088
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hillsboro, ohio
Posts: 185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
I do have a Facebook page though (called Inspired Bliss). If you go there, you will see a pic of a whole lot of my necklaces. I use that for my customers.

I just started making these this year, and they sell so well that I raised my price from $10 to $12 and they still sell. I hand-design each one though..just like my glass magnets. Mixed Media style.
Okay messed up on the last post!!

Just wanted to say those are awesome necklaces. What exactly do you use to make the images??
daisydilly is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:33 AM   #3089
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 152
Default

youtube video: Little paper Purse 6x6 DSP www.frenchiestamps.com - YouTube
for the lip balm purse. It is by frenchiestamps. Very easy purses to make. I used the Stampin' Up round tab punch since i don't have an oval punch. Looked good even without the scalloped oval decorative piece that frenchie added to hers.
Judi
taylorjudi is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:47 AM   #3090
Pearl-ExPert
 
mrussom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie1031 View Post
For those of you selling the birthday in a bag at your craft shows - what are you pricing them at? Instead of the paper bag, I'm doing the paper purse, 3x3 card & tealight cake. Just not sure how to price it.

I didn't do a birthday in a bag so I can't help with that, but I did a full size birthday card with the candle (in my gallery) and charged $5 for that. Sold quite a few. Hope that helps in pricing yours.
__________________
~~ MARY ~~

MY GALLERY
mrussom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:47 AM   #3091
Pearl-ExPert
 
mrussom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,377
Default

Good luck everyone in sales this weekend!!!
__________________
~~ MARY ~~

MY GALLERY
mrussom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:27 AM   #3092
Inking Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Gallup, NM
Posts: 84
Default

Good luck with your sales everyone! I have 3 craft fairs coming up but no time to craft. I wait til last minute and then get sick from staying up so late. But crafting around work, family, and volunteer schedules is very difficult! Thank you for sharing all your ideas. This year I promised that I would buy no new supplies, that I had to use what I had on hand. I'm doing pretty well with that promise. Happy crafting!
stampinrealtor is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:32 AM   #3093
Stampin' Fool
 
CraftyJennie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New Berlin, WI
Posts: 1,382
Default

I would love to see any pics of goods you all make. I'm going to take some this weekend. Good luck,
__________________
Jennie
My Stampin' UP! Only Blog
My Gallery
CraftyJennie is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:35 AM   #3094
Matboard Maniac
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrussom View Post
I didn't do a birthday in a bag so I can't help with that, but I did a full size birthday card with the candle (in my gallery) and charged $5 for that. Sold quite a few. Hope that helps in pricing yours.
Thanks for the info! I decided to price them at $4.75. Only made a handful, so we'll see if any sell. First show is today/tomorrow.
cookie1031 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:38 AM   #3095
Matboard Maniac
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatton09 View Post
Does anyone have a picture of the birthday in a bag?

Thanks!
This is the link I have.

Signed with Ink: Birthdays in the Bag!
cookie1031 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:40 AM   #3096
Matboard Maniac
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 214
Default

Good luck to everyone that has shows this weekend! My first show is today/tomorrow and then have one next Fri/Sat.
And thanks to all of you for the wonderful sharing place this is!
cookie1031 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:30 AM   #3097
Polyshrink Goddess
 
paris062's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 550
Send a message via Yahoo to paris062
Default

I need some help ladies. I am looking for ideas to use up some red, green, white and blue Sixlets I bought. Sixlets are like M&Ms but completely round (in case anyone didn't know). My intention was to use them in the 1x8 bags for candy stix but they do not stack well like M&Ms. I think they will be fine but I did Grinch pills and Rudolph Spares last year. Any other ideas? I was thinking of doing Snowman kisses with the white and/or blue.

P.S. I mostly lurk around and post a thing or two and share pics of stuff. I have to say that this is by far the best resource for anything craft fair related and you all are a bunch of great people. I truly appreciate all that you have shared and helped me with even if I don't post all the time. Thank you so much to all of you!!!
__________________
- Lisa
Visit Papier Collé (my blog)
paris062 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:37 AM   #3098
Matboard Maniac
 
delightfuldaisy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 639
Default

It's been a while since I've posted anything, but I still read the forums quite a bit. With a full time job and crafting on the side, I am very busy! I have a craft show the first weekend in Nov. Sounds like all of you are just as busy as I am! I was wondering, how much money do you all think we crafters make at an average show? I would like to know what kind of profit to be pleased with. I've ranged anywhere from $60 to $500, depending on the show and the time of year. What amount makes you feel like it has been worth your time and effort?
__________________
Janna
My Etsy Shop
delightfuldaisy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:46 AM   #3099
Gabfest Goddess
 
craftymomto2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kansas City, MO.
Posts: 7,069
Default

Very inexpensive and fun craft for iphone users:

Simply Simple iPHONE SKINS by Connie Stewart - YouTube
__________________
Mary
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
My blogs: www.maryscraftroom.blogspot.com
www.icantbelieveimadethat.blogspot.com
Proud RAK Member
"Always do your best. What you plan now, you will harvest later." Og Mandino
craftymomto2 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:29 PM   #3100
Inking Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Indianapolis - GO COLTS!
Posts: 79
Default

Thanks, Judi! I think even "I" can do those!
__________________
Kim
www.kcarddesigns.biz

I have a creative gene...it comes from my Father, the Author of Creativity!
kkccmom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:36 PM   #3101
Stampin' Fool
 
CraftyJennie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New Berlin, WI
Posts: 1,382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tannamb View Post
For those of you making the hand sanitizer holders...I found the small sanitizers on sale today at Bath & Body Works for 37 cents each. They aren't the holiday scents, but they had plenty to choose from. Check them out in your area.
I just got back from the mall and they had them by me in SE Wisc There were lots of Halloween ones but I got 20 in a strawberry flavor in a red bottle that will be perfect for Christmas crafting. Thanks again for the info!!!
__________________
Jennie
My Stampin' UP! Only Blog
My Gallery
CraftyJennie is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:23 PM   #3102
Rubber Obsessor
 
jenn21404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 149
Default

My DH is awesome. He came home just in time for dinner last night and sent me away after the kids went to bed. I went to Starbucks and had a tea and worked on putting my turkeys together. I ran out of tape though so had to come home. Tonight I go set up for the craft show and I need to put all of my treat boxes together LOL.
__________________
~*~Jenn~*~
Mommy to Matthew (2-10-2006) and Katelynn (9-15-2008)

Altered by Jenn
jenn21404 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:32 PM   #3103
Kookie Creator
 
tat2girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Livin' in the OC
Posts: 370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyJennie View Post
I just got back from the mall and they had them by me in SE Wisc There were lots of Halloween ones but I got 20 in a strawberry flavor in a red bottle that will be perfect for Christmas crafting. Thanks again for the info!!!
Did you buy all the ones at Southridge???? lol I'm in Oak Creek and was stopping in there tomorrow.
__________________
Ink on Skin, Ink on Paper...
...It's all the same smell!
tat2girl is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:50 PM   #3104
Glitter Guru
 
dougnat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SE Wisconsin
Posts: 8,162
Default

can I share a show prep HUGE spendy mistake

I am making vintage ornament wreaths and thought it would be nice for the folks to have a box to carry them out/home with...ordered 25 box...got them today...TOO SMALL!!! dag nabit...totally should have measured!

anyone local need 18 X 18 X 8 boxes?
__________________
natalie
my gallery
dougnat diaries
dougnat is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:25 PM   #3105
Stazon Splitcoast
 
pamelak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 11,166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn21404 View Post
My DH is awesome. He came home just in time for dinner last night and sent me away after the kids went to bed. I went to Starbucks and had a tea and worked on putting my turkeys together. I ran out of tape though so had to come home. Tonight I go set up for the craft show and I need to put all of my treat boxes together LOL.
Good luck tomorrow, Jenn.

My turkeys were a bit hit. I made only 26 and have very few left with two more days of this fair, but will not make more. When they're gone, they're gone. My Snowman Hershey bars are a huge hit. Today I make $260+. I'll take an inventory at the end of the fair and give my final report.

Since I went to bed after 2 AM, I'm really pooped and will try to get a good night's sleep tonight. Pam
pamelak is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:44 PM   #3106
Rubber Obsessor
 
croppixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Harmony, Nova Scotia
Posts: 365
Default Snowman Poop

I decided to make some Poop after reading you all are having good luck with them. I know making something good and quick is not easy so I made another print sheet for everyone to use. Hope you like it.
Click here to get the print sheet Freebies - *Whimsie Doodles

What do you charge for one of these?
__________________
My Blog
My Gallery
croppixie is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:38 PM   #3107
Mad Swapper
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 1,714
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by croppixie View Post
I decided to make some Poop after reading you all are having good luck with them. I know making something good and quick is not easy so I made another print sheet for everyone to use. Hope you like it.
Click here to get the print sheet Freebies - *Whimsie Doodles

What do you charge for one of these?
You are SO kind to offer the freebies!

How much money do you have in them? I am making Snowman Poop in test tubes tonight using white Nerds that I got at Target (for Halloween), and my cost is between 40 and 50 cents on those (not sure about embellishments yet)... I am planning on selling mine for $2.
__________________
-Christel
My Blog
CAmomof2 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:45 PM   #3108
Pearl-ExPert
 
mrussom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,377
Default

Thanks for the freebies! Very cute and I'm going to use them -time is running out. When I made tic tac things last year, I sold them for $2.50- since they are pricey to begin with.
__________________
~~ MARY ~~

MY GALLERY
mrussom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:55 AM   #3109
Rubber Obsessor
 
blueslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 177
Send a message via Yahoo to blueslady
Default

This morning I receive an email from the coordinator of the new show I am doing on 11/12 telling me that they do not allow pre-packaged candy crafts! WHAT???? That is 99% of my stuff. Why wasn't that on the application? Why are you telling me this 2 weeks before the show???? ACKKKKK......
__________________
Linda
blueslady is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:16 AM   #3110
Gabfest Goddess
 
nancystamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 7,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueslady View Post
This morning I receive an email from the coordinator of the new show I am doing on 11/12 telling me that they do not allow pre-packaged candy crafts! WHAT???? That is 99% of my stuff. Why wasn't that on the application? Why are you telling me this 2 weeks before the show???? ACKKKKK......

That is so WRONG! I don't understand why. I could see if they maybe didn't want unwrapped items (for instance if you opened m&m's and re-packaged them). I hope you get it resolved or get your table money back!
__________________
see what nancystamps...
nancystamps is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:28 AM   #3111
Rubber Obsessor
 
blueslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 177
Send a message via Yahoo to blueslady
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancystamps View Post
That is so WRONG! I don't understand why. I could see if they maybe didn't want unwrapped items (for instance if you opened m&m's and re-packaged them). I hope you get it resolved or get your table money back!
This was the response I received after complaining....


Linda,

I do agree, it should be more clearly explained in the policies and guidelines. I read them to double check and it can be left to interpretation. I will make sure that going forward we are more specific and descriptive as far what type of food items can and will not be accepted. I just approved your application yesterday, however, I did not submit your check. I will return that to you in the mail today. My apologies that we weren't clear or specific enough. We also do not allow certain type of baked goods or items that are bake sale related. The reason we have this restriction is because the Lindbergh Students run a bake sale every year at the Holiday Boutique, where the whole school (teachers included) make and sell yummy baked goods, candy, other treats, etc. It is to raise money for class trips, projects, and supplies for the kids and for the school. We limit items because that is a very large and important part of our show.

In the policies and guidelines it states: "All merchandise must be handmade. No kits or resale items". It should also specify that we do not allow any crafts or items made with store bought candies, chocolates, etc. Technically store bought candies, etc are considered resale items, but again that can be left open to interpretation and myself and my co-chair will make sure that we work on that for next year's show.

Like I said, I will return your original check in the mail today. However, you will receive a letter of declination as part of our procedure. You are welcome to apply for next year's show and any others after that as long as you are able to comply with said food stuff restrictions. We would love to have you and I will keep you on file to make sure to email an application to you for the 2012 Holiday Boutique.

Thank you again and I am very sorry for the inconvenience. Always feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
__________________
Linda
blueslady is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:06 AM   #3112
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hillsboro, ohio
Posts: 185
Default

WOW linda this is just not right!!! They should have gone over that application way before this and not waited til the last minute. At least they are giving you your money backbut it still stinks
daisydilly is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:12 AM   #3113
Mad Swapper
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: CraftRoomWorkingHard(not)
Posts: 3,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by croppixie View Post
I decided to make some Poop after reading you all are having good luck with them. I know making something good and quick is not easy so I made another print sheet for everyone to use. Hope you like it.
Click here to get the print sheet Freebies - *Whimsie Doodles

What do you charge for one of these?

OH my gosh! You are amazing. That is so stinking adorable!! Thank you. What fabulous stocking stuffers. (Just to watch the person read it and laugh out loud would be such a treat).
not2shabbydesigns is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:22 AM   #3114
Polyshrink Goddess
 
stampnsk8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sunny Sea Side San Diego, California
Posts: 897
Default

@ Linda...that totally bites...maybe you can get in another show that'll allow food treats. @ Pam...sell it all...good luck! @ croppixi...those are awesome downloads...thanks soooo much. my next event is 11/12 & 13...I'll be crafting my lil heart out till then. Thanks for all the inspiration on this forum...you guys are so giving with your talent and time. Take care.
__________________
Lisa
My unorganized, unmanaged blog
Organized people are just too lazy to search for things.
stampnsk8r is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:24 AM   #3115
Polyshrink Goddess
 
stampnsk8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sunny Sea Side San Diego, California
Posts: 897
Default

I have a rolodex punch and was thinking of making decorative rolodex tabs (A-Z & numbers) Any thoughts on this...has anybody tried this?
__________________
Lisa
My unorganized, unmanaged blog
Organized people are just too lazy to search for things.
stampnsk8r is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:26 AM   #3116
Gabfest Goddess
 
Cathy H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: California
Posts: 7,201
Default

Good luck to all of you with sales and Linda, I would be so bummed. . . I hope you can find another venue.
__________________
Cathy H

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Cathy H is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:45 PM   #3117
Inking Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 88
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelak View Post
Good luck tomorrow, Jenn.

My turkeys were a bit hit. I made only 26 and have very few left with two more days of this fair, but will not make more. When they're gone, they're gone. My Snowman Hershey bars are a huge hit. Today I make $260+. I'll take an inventory at the end of the fair and give my final report.

Since I went to bed after 2 AM, I'm really pooped and will try to get a good night's sleep tonight. Pam
Pam if you don't mind sharing....how did you price your turkeys? I made about 25. They turned out cute, but were a bit of work as I had a digital medalion stamp that I hand colored and cut. Sorry I can't post a picture, but I don't know who designed the stamp and don't want to use it without giving them credit.
Lilyzee is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:12 PM   #3118
Gabfest Goddess
 
nancystamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 7,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueslady View Post
This was the response I received after complaining....


Linda,

I do agree, it should be more clearly explained in the policies and guidelines. I read them to double check and it can be left to interpretation. I will make sure that going forward we are more specific and descriptive as far what type of food items can and will not be accepted. I just approved your application yesterday, however, I did not submit your check. I will return that to you in the mail today. My apologies that we weren't clear or specific enough. We also do not allow certain type of baked goods or items that are bake sale related. The reason we have this restriction is because the Lindbergh Students run a bake sale every year at the Holiday Boutique, where the whole school (teachers included) make and sell yummy baked goods, candy, other treats, etc. It is to raise money for class trips, projects, and supplies for the kids and for the school. We limit items because that is a very large and important part of our show.

In the policies and guidelines it states: "All merchandise must be handmade. No kits or resale items". It should also specify that we do not allow any crafts or items made with store bought candies, chocolates, etc. Technically store bought candies, etc are considered resale items, but again that can be left open to interpretation and myself and my co-chair will make sure that we work on that for next year's show.

Like I said, I will return your original check in the mail today. However, you will receive a letter of declination as part of our procedure. You are welcome to apply for next year's show and any others after that as long as you are able to comply with said food stuff restrictions. We would love to have you and I will keep you on file to make sure to email an application to you for the 2012 Holiday Boutique.

Thank you again and I am very sorry for the inconvenience. Always feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
I really hate it when an organization hosts what they call a "craft show" or "holiday boutique", charge crafters a big sum of money to come and sell their goods, and then piggyback other fundraisers on top of that. It is not fair to the crafters. If you want a bake sale, then just call it that, but if it's a craft show, then don't have the PTA doing fundraisers for class trips. I'm glad you got your money back, but sorry you're out a show. Hopefully you will find another better one in the coming weeks.
__________________
see what nancystamps...
nancystamps is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:14 PM   #3119
Gabfest Goddess
 
nancystamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 7,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampnsk8r View Post
I have a rolodex punch and was thinking of making decorative rolodex tabs (A-Z & numbers) Any thoughts on this...has anybody tried this?

Sounds really cute, but I'm not sure it would be worth your efforts. Does anyone use a rolodex anymore? All my info is stored in my cell phone.
__________________
see what nancystamps...
nancystamps is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 02:04 PM   #3120
Rubber Obsessor
 
croppixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Harmony, Nova Scotia
Posts: 365
Default

What do you charge for the Hersey Bar Snowmen?
__________________
My Blog
My Gallery
croppixie is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off