Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree343Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-12-2011, 04:51 PM   #2801
Proud Fan Club Member

totally cute !!
(and didn't know Martha had those!!) I think you should have no problem selling them for $3.00 maybe even $3.50

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAmomof2 View Post
Sorry, I should have given more info. They are the Martha Stewart test tubes, which were on sale when I got them. In all, I have about $1.30 in each one. Here's a picture...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-12-2011, 07:40 PM   #2802
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Sorry, I should have given more info. They are the Martha Stewart test tubes, which were on sale when I got them. In all, I have about $1.30 in each one. Here's a picture...
Those are very nicely done. Very elegant. I would love to see more of your items.
Judi
Old 10-12-2011, 07:59 PM   #2803
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Very cute...I see you're in the same area I'm in...doing any craft fairs in wildomar this weekend???
Old 10-12-2011, 08:06 PM   #2804
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampnsk8r View Post
Very cute...I see you're in the same area I'm in...doing any craft fairs in wildomar this weekend???
Lisa,

I am not as far south as you, I'm in Thousand Oaks (Ventura County). I am doing one craft fair this year, and doing it with a good friend (Heidi King). It's the Snowfest Arts and Crafts Fair in Simi Valley. Just a small-ish event put on by the local rec. and park district. BTW... I love your stuff!
Old 10-12-2011, 08:17 PM   #2805
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Lisa,

I am not as far south as you, I'm in Thousand Oaks (Ventura County). I am doing one craft fair this year, and doing it with a good friend (Heidi King). It's the Snowfest Arts and Crafts Fair in Simi Valley. Just a small-ish event put on by the local rec. and park district. BTW... I love your stuff!
thanks...yours is great too...just making sure I didn't have competition...lol
Old 10-13-2011, 12:34 AM   #2806
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorjudi View Post
Those are very nicely done. Very elegant. I would love to see more of your items.
Judi
Judi, I just updated my blog with some m&m treat bags that I made last month for my son's elementary school staff. I hope to do better with posting stuff that I make...
Old 10-13-2011, 07:04 AM   #2807
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by am2106 View Post
This was my question at this time last year! I never did find any stick type candy canes, but the dollar stores near me had regular candy canes way earlier than any other stores.

I bought a bunch of boxes last year for $.25 after Christmas! I toured the Spangler factory, and they said candy canes are good for 2-3 years so I should be all set for awhile

Not sure if anyone answered this for you yet but I found stick ones at Cracker Barrell...15 for a dollar something!

My sometimes neglected blog
Old 10-13-2011, 12:32 PM   #2808
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by scappermom View Post
Can someone tell me where to find both large - stick type and regular type/size candy canes. I need these for a craft show and can't find them.
Trader Joes usually come out with candy sticks closer to Christmas also. They come in a tin.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:06 PM   #2809
Insane Embellisher

Free printable for candy cars:
Happybird's Crafting Haven: Christian Printables
Old 10-13-2011, 04:31 PM   #2810
Rubber Obsessor

hi folks - haven't been on for awhile, but since I've retired, I'm doing many more shows - just got a case of graham crackers (packaged 2 to a pack) and want to make the s'mores treat bags for the holidays - what are you charging for these?
Old 10-13-2011, 05:06 PM   #2811
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancincz View Post
hi folks - haven't been on for awhile, but since I've retired, I'm doing many more shows - just got a case of graham crackers (packaged 2 to a pack) and want to make the s'mores treat bags for the holidays - what are you charging for these?
You can see the ones that I did last year here. I charged $3 each or 4 for $10 and sold a TON. I'm curious, where did you get the packs of graham crackers?
Old 10-13-2011, 06:20 PM   #2812
Insane Embellisher

I stumbled across this site which I hadn't been on in a while. There are some tutorials for various crafts:
Tutorials - Paper Craft Planet
Old 10-14-2011, 05:23 AM   #2813
Rubber Obsessor

Smile cracker packs

Quote:
You can see the ones that I did last year here. I charged $3 each or 4 for $10 and sold a TON. I'm curious, where did you get the packs of graham crackers?
I was lucky enough to have worked many years in a hospital and these packs were send up for our patients - I just asked the if I could buy a box of them and they said 'yes' - cost me 21.00 for a case (tons of packs) - this will more than carry me through the show season (I hope) - maybe call a food distribution company or ask friends if they work in a hospital or restaurant if the owners can order a case for you
Old 10-14-2011, 08:54 AM   #2814
Insane Embellisher

Default EYE GLASS HOLDERS

Quote:
I was lucky enough to have worked many years in a hospital and these packs were send up for our patients - I just asked the if I could buy a box of them and they said 'yes' - cost me 21.00 for a case (tons of packs) -
I had a look in your gallery. Some cute things in there.
Your poem is adorable for the eyeglass holders!
Do you just buy ordinary ones and spruce them up with beads, or do you make them from scratch?
Very good idea. And not one I have seen at any shows near me.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:35 AM   #2815
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
How well do you do with your CD holders? I have a whole box of those and would love to decorate them for a craft fair. May I ask how much you sell them for? Thanks, Pam
Old 10-14-2011, 01:45 PM   #2816
Cardstock Collector

Default Craft Fair items

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelak View Post
10 Goblin Greeting Tic Tac treats, 26 Hey, Little Turkey mint favors, and 50 magnetic coaster calendars. In addition to these, I have 13 Santa cards, 12 Owl Halloween cards, 54 Magic Reindeer Food, 31 snowman kisses.

I'm starting to work on Christmas planners and journals. My event is Oct 28-30.
Wow these are nice. How can I find the recipe for the Little Turkey mint Favors and Goblin Greeting Tic Tac treats??

I am doing two craft fairs one on the 12th and one on the 19th, these would be great to make for them.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:11 PM   #2817
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhondazn View Post
Wow these are nice. How can I find the recipe for the Little Turkey mint Favors and Goblin Greeting Tic Tac treats??

I am doing two craft fairs one on the 12th and one on the 19th, these would be great to make for them.

Thanks, Rhonda!

Here's the like for the Little Turkey favors:
Hey Little Turkeys!! by Understandblue - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

And here's the like for the Tic Tac treats:
Tic Tac Holder Video Tutorial - Chic' n Scratch Live!
Old 10-14-2011, 05:50 PM   #2818
Rubber Obsessor

Default eyeglass holders

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
I had a look in your gallery. Some cute things in there.
Your poem is adorable for the eyeglass holders!
Do you just buy ordinary ones and spruce them up with beads, or do you make them from scratch?
Very good idea. And not one I have seen at any shows near me.
thank you for your kind words Diane - I made up the poem for the eyeglass holders and one for badge holders too - I found it was easy to make up a rhyme and took less time trying to hunt one down - these sell well and the gift shop at my hospital bought 20 to sell in the gift shop - I hand-bead the entire holder (great pass-time watching TV) - I sell the eyeglass holders, work badge holders and book thongs - I am now in the process of re-packaging them and will post some new pics - also have a shop on etsy under 'sculptured paperworks'
Old 10-14-2011, 05:57 PM   #2819
Rubber Obsessor

Default CD holders

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelak View Post
How well do you do with your CD holders? I have a whole box of those and would love to decorate them for a craft fair. May I ask how much you sell them for? Thanks, Pam
I love making these, but they didn't sell well at first - the reason: people didn't know what to do with them - so I made up a sign and put it in an 8 x 10 plastic table frame behind the basket where the holders were displayed - the sign promoted all the uses - photo/music CD's, gift card holders, - I made one up with 2 pics of the bridal party and the CD of the wedding in the pocket - I also 'theme' them - hope this helps
Old 10-14-2011, 06:00 PM   #2820
Rubber Obsessor

sorry...forgot what I charge - $5.00...I would like to charge more, but that seems to be the top price folks will pay...esp. in this economy...I don't spend alot of time with fussy embellishments either
Old 10-14-2011, 06:03 PM   #2821
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
sorry...forgot what I charge - $5.00...I would like to charge more, but that seems to be the top price folks will pay...esp. in this economy...I don't spend alot of time with fussy embellishments either
Thanks! I may try these at some point.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:27 PM   #2822
Rubber Obsessor

for those of you that do binder clip, photo holders. do you use the jumbo ones or the medium size ones?
Old 10-14-2011, 08:30 PM   #2823
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by card_creations View Post
for those of you that do binder clip, photo holders. do you use the jumbo ones or the medium size ones?

I use the jumbo size.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:39 AM   #2824
Rubber Obsessor

Send a message via Yahoo to blueslady

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmkluvs2scrap View Post
What am I doing wrong? Has anyone experienced this....I had a show yesterday...first one of the season....there were 2 other papercrafters at the show...I came in and set up. One of them had a number of other types of crafts (toll painting, sewing, etc) but had a lot of the same type of things, the other had A LOT of the same things I had... I must have had 50 people stop by my table, pick up many things, exclaim how beautiful/cute the items were and then just walk away, buying NOTHING! I sold $6 in 5 hours. Paid $30 for the table. Now, I know, from talking to a few other vendors this show was not good for them either....but, I wondered, what would you do if you noticed, after you walked away from the table and left your teen in charge, that one of the others that had a papercrafting table came over and started asking all kinds of questions about the products you were selling...am I reading too much into this?
So sorry your sales weren't up to par. My experience has been that it isn't worth my time to do shows before Halloween and after Thanksgiving. I realize that leaves me with a very small window of opportunity to sell my stuff so I try to maximize it. I find shows that are 2 days rather than 1. I have 2 shows that are central checkout so I don't have to be there and can set up at another show the same weekend.

I have been doing shows for about 10 years. Its rather amusing to see the other crafters around me looking at my stuff while I set up. Some of them don't view the papercrafts as "real" crafts. I do many, many items and nothing is priced over $5. I have spinner racks and colorful tags on everything. Typically, I will have a large crowd around the table & spinner racks. Once that happens, others crowd around to see what they are looking at. By the end of the show I have other crafters coming over to "look" at my stuff and ask me questions about making it. I don't give specific answers on anything. I figure that they can do their research just like I did. The next year I always find a copy cat but I don't let it bother me. What's the old saying about copying being a form of flattery? I add new stuff every year and retire older stuff so I keep the copiers on their toes...LOL

Don't get discouraged and keep us posted on how you do at other shows. Good Luck!
Old 10-15-2011, 11:20 AM   #2825
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Trader Joes usually come out with candy sticks closer to Christmas also. They come in a tin.
World Market just got their Bogdon's in and on the shelf. They are the thin stick candy canes dipped in chocolate and individually wrapped.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:11 PM   #2826
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via AIM to NancyL2648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly H View Post
World Market just got their Bogdon's in and on the shelf. They are the thin stick candy canes dipped in chocolate and individually wrapped.
Ohhhh these thin candies are perfect to use for a hot cocoa card. I'm off to do a search for a close World Market by me.

Old 10-15-2011, 02:43 PM   #2827
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyL2648 View Post
Ohhhh these thin candies are perfect to use for a hot cocoa card. I'm off to do a search for a close World Market by me.
I know - I got 2 tubs!
Old 10-15-2011, 03:50 PM   #2828
Gabfest Goddess

Any examples of a hot cocoa card????????

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:18 PM   #2829
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via AIM to NancyL2648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy H View Post
Here is the one I did last year....but I got the idea from someone that posted on one of the craft show threads.

Hot Cocoa Card

Old 10-15-2011, 05:36 PM   #2830
Rubber Obsessor

That cocoa card is so cute, Nancy. Any Canadians on here know where we can get the cute little candy sticks?!
Old 10-15-2011, 05:53 PM   #2831
Insane Embellisher

Default Craft Sale Best Sellers-Ideas and Discussions

Hi, I would think that the "Innovations"_ chocolate covered mint sticks would do the trick. However they are not exactly cheap. When I made mine a number of years ago I used those mini candy canes for sitrring sticks.

The problem is that you probably want something that comes already in its own cello wrap ,instead of having the additional trouble of having to wrap it like in a 1x8 bag. I'll keep my eyes open.

Just one other suggestion do you have a bulk food store you can check out to see if something that might work.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:51 PM   #2832
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks canada goose! I might have to just go with the mini candy canes - but those candy sticks are pretty cute! If anybody sees them up north, here, I'd love to know!
Old 10-15-2011, 06:53 PM   #2833
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy H View Post
Kathy, here is one that I made last year

Mary's Craft Room: Cocoa Card;Craft Show
www.icantbelieveimadethat.blogspot.com
Proud RAK Member
"Always do your best. What you plan now, you will harvest later." Og Mandino
Old 10-16-2011, 11:22 AM   #2834
Gabfest Goddess

Love the cocoa cards - will be making them for sure. Also loved the Rudolph's spares. . .

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:28 PM   #2835
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftymomto2 View Post
Kathy, here is one that I made last year

Mary's Craft Room: Cocoa Card;Craft Show
OH my gosh - I LOVE your cooking blog. All the visuals are so helpful and your instructions/directions are perfectly clear. I don't cook very much, but you have inspired me to make a few things next weekend.

Thanks for taking the time to do this. I know it must be very time consuming with little rewards.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:01 PM   #2836
Insane Embellisher

Default My items

I am making final items for my first craft show next week-end.

I made these Lip Balm Purses and M&M candy stix.
I am also attaching a pic of some magnets I made too.
Attached Thumbnails
lip-balm-purses-2-.jpg   m-m-stix-11-.jpg   magnets-various-2-.jpg  
Old 10-16-2011, 06:18 PM   #2837
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Very nice, Diane. I especially like the lip balm purses. Pam
Old 10-16-2011, 06:36 PM   #2838
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via AIM to FallnPetal Send a message via Yahoo to FallnPetal

Can I ask what you'll charge for the lip balm purses and where do you buy the lip balm cheap enough to make a profit? I'm so new to the craft show arena in paper crafts and have my first coming up on November 19th.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:16 PM   #2839
Kookie Creator

Quote:

All of the projects are FANTASTIC, Diane!
Love the toppers are the m & m sticks. How big are the magnets? Did you shrink down some of the stamp sets and then adhere them to the pebbles?
They are so pretty!

Sharon
Old 10-16-2011, 07:55 PM   #2840
Matboard Maniac

Yes, Diane, I was wondering about the size of the images and the magnets also. Too, yours look so clear. Mine seem to always have an uneven looking appearance when I apply the Crystal Effects. How do you get yours so even looking? All 3 projects look great! Good luck on your sale.