Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2011, 10:21 AM   #2761
Compulsive Stamper

Send a message via Yahoo to kmkluvs2scrap

BTW, please, look at my blog and my gallery here...Splitcoaststampers Member Galleries - kmkluvs2scrap - Handmade Cards & Crafts and let me know if I am making products that don't look good.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-09-2011, 12:15 PM   #2762
Rubber Obsessor

I'm sorry you didn't have a good show Don't let it disappoint you. Do you have any pics of your booth and the items you had? Maybe we could help you out and see what you could do to bring in more sales the next time
I've been lucky enough that there haven't been any other paper crafters that have items like mine. One sells just layouts and the other one sells just squash books. I had one lady ask about a gift card holder I made and I told her it was a toilet paper roll. But I don't usually give out details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmkluvs2scrap View Post
What am I doing wrong? Has anyone experienced this....I had a show yesterday...first one of the season....there were 2 other papercrafters at the show...I came in and set up. One of them had a number of other types of crafts (toll painting, sewing, etc) but had a lot of the same type of things, the other had A LOT of the same things I had... I must have had 50 people stop by my table, pick up many things, exclaim how beautiful/cute the items were and then just walk away, buying NOTHING! I sold $6 in 5 hours. Paid $30 for the table. Now, I know, from talking to a few other vendors this show was not good for them either....but, I wondered, what would you do if you noticed, after you walked away from the table and left your teen in charge, that one of the others that had a papercrafting table came over and started asking all kinds of questions about the products you were selling...am I reading too much into this?

Altered by Jenn
Old 10-09-2011, 01:58 PM   #2763
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:
Quick question; when packaging gift tags, do you do a variety in each pack or 6-10 of the same in a pack? Which sells better?
When I sell gift tags I sell them by the dozen and mix it up a little. The ones that I sell the most of coordinate with each other but are slightly different styles. Out of those I sell the most of my folded 3x3" gift tags. I sell them for $5 a dozen and they typically have the base, a layer of dsp and some sort of stamped or punched image or sentiment (popped up or not). A little bit of sparkle kicks it up a notch as well.

MY JEWELRY: http://www.creativeeclectica.com/

210(200)(189) and counting...DOWN
Old 10-09-2011, 02:25 PM   #2764
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
but, I wondered, what would you do if you noticed, after you walked away from the table and left your teen in charge, that one of the others that had a papercrafting table came over and started asking all kinds of questions about the products you were selling...am I reading too much into this?
I am so sorry for your experience!
I think it is so rude when people ask questions about how you make something. Sometimes I laugh and say it is a secret I can't tell.
Other times I give minimal info, and sometimes I just lie! (am I evil?)..lol

Another easy one for me because I live in Canada and am close to the border... when people ask where I bought something, I just say "in the US" and leave it at that.

I think it is very different if you are having a good chat with someone and sharing info back and forth about suppliers and being genuine, but when people keep coming back to your table to ask questions, I get annoyed. Because - you know they are just spying so they can make the same thing. I mean - just buy one of them and look at it all day!!

It is one of the reasons I change up my products each year. Last year, I made these little paper purses with lip gloss in them (got a great deal on the gloss). This year, I am making some gift card purses instead (becuase people loved the little purses). This way, if someone copies me exactly, they still won't have what I have.

Keep your chin up. There are some things you can't control..and if you make nice products and are friendly, people will buy from you.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:45 PM   #2765
Rubber Obsessor

I get people every year who try to get my trade secrets. I recently ran into this on FaceBook and while I gave her some info I told her I wouldn't give all my secrets away!! She tried to laugh it off but I haven't heard from her since.. You are going to get people like this all the time.

KmKluv2scrap try to keep your chin up over the bad show as we all have them. In todays economy its getting harder and harder to make a profit. I sometimes get depressed if a show isn't going well but my hubby always reminds me that any money I have made was more than I came in with. Yes it stinks when I don't clear even my rental space but I shake it off and start preparing for the next show. You will have better luck just don't get discouraged by slow sales.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:55 PM   #2766
Kookie Creator

Sorry about your show. We do a couple hit/miss each year and YES - it is frustrating. We just laugh now when people say "oh, it's so cute!" and then walk away. But, I find myself doing that at craft shows that I'm NOT involved in either. But I do try and compliment the crafter/artist on their work. You just can't buy from every booth.

Keep your chin up. Glad the table was only $30.00 - which for CT standards is low. We were asked to do a table for 3 hrs at $75.00. There's no way for us to make any money at that price, so we had to say no.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:51 PM   #2767
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
I think it is so rude when people ask questions about how you make something. Sometimes I laugh and say it is a secret I can't tell.

Another easy one for me because I live in Canada and am close to the border... when people ask where I bought something, I just say "in the US" and leave it at that.

I think it is very different if you are having a good chat with someone and sharing info back and forth about suppliers and being genuine, but when people keep coming back to your table to ask questions, I get annoyed. Because - you know they are just spying so they can make the same thing. I mean - just buy one of them and look at it all day!!

It is one of the reasons I change up my products each year. Last year, I made these little paper purses with lip gloss in them (got a great deal on the gloss). This year, I am making some gift card purses instead (becuase people loved the little purses). This way, if someone copies me exactly, they still won't have what I have.

Keep your chin up. There are some things you can't control..and if you make nice products and are friendly, people will buy from you.
I'm almost embarrassed to tell you guys this, but I've been doing a show for quite a few years, there was a CTMH demo that was also there. She started out just as a rep for CTMH, but then changed it up to do papercrafts. She was consistantly stealing my ideas and undercutting me. (I found out she was getting info from a mutual friend of ours) It's not a big show, so this was a HUGE impact to me. As luck would have it, I became the organizer of the show...guess who hasn't been invited back???? Why can't everyone just play nice? I limit my show to one vendor/direct sales rep for the show, so if you represent SU! you can only show projects and promote your business, not sell items you've made. It makes it alot more fair for everyone. Yeah, it's probably mean, but....
Old 10-09-2011, 04:11 PM   #2768
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
What am I doing wrong? Has anyone experienced this....I had a show yesterday...first one of the season....there were 2 other papercrafters at the show...I came in and set up. One of them had a number of other types of crafts (toll painting, sewing, etc) but had a lot of the same type of things, the other had A LOT of the same things I had... I must have had 50 people stop by my table, pick up many things, exclaim how beautiful/cute the items were and then just walk away, buying NOTHING! I sold $6 in 5 hours. Paid $30 for the table. Now, I know, from talking to a few other vendors this show was not good for them either....but, I wondered, what would you do if you noticed, after you walked away from the table and left your teen in charge, that one of the others that had a papercrafting table came over and started asking all kinds of questions about the products you were selling...am I reading too much into this?
I didn't experience this, but I just had my first show, and asked when I signed up to be sure I was the only papercrafter. Turns out there were two of us, but she only had 3D and regular cards and I had all types of items from Splitcoast stamper posts, but no cards. It was a two day event, but pretty slow, $100.00 after the $20.00 table fee.
Judi
Old 10-09-2011, 04:15 PM   #2769
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post

Do you have pictures of your lip gloss purses? I just bought some 75% off at Krogers, and am trying to figure out how to package them cute. Thanks.
Judi
Old 10-09-2011, 05:17 PM   #2770
Rubber Obsessor

I have a question for all you crafters that do shows. I have noticed that you have alot of your stuff packaged individually, where do you get the different sized bags? I have my first show next month and would love to get some, it looks alot better I am sorry if this has been asked in a previous comment there is just to much to look through.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:39 PM   #2771
Rubber Obsessor

I get a lot of my clear bags from Walmart in the Jewelry dept. or from online (1x8 bags from gtbags.com) and other sizes off of etsy.com!

Quote:
Originally Posted by card_creations View Post
I have a question for all you crafters that do shows. I have noticed that you have alot of your stuff packaged individually, where do you get the different sized bags? I have my first show next month and would love to get some, it looks alot better I am sorry if this has been asked in a previous comment there is just to much to look through.

Altered by Jenn
Old 10-09-2011, 06:01 PM   #2772
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by card_creations View Post
I use SU Clear Translucent envelopes for my coaster calendars and SU's Cello Bags whenever I can since, as a SU Demo, I can buy them from myself. Most of my things fit into the cello bags. There are probably less expensive options out there, but buying from myself is always a good plan.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:05 PM   #2773
Stazon Splitcoast

Default My Version of the Pumpkin Tootsie Pop

I decided I'd better make these up before my grandson and I eat all the Tootsie Pops.

I changed the measurement from what I posted earlier. I cut Basic Black c/s to 5 1/2" x 1 1/2" and scored it at 2 1/8" from both ends. I stamped the large pumpkin from Autumn Harvest on Pumpkin c/s using Cajun Craze ink. I colored the stem using the Crumb Cake marker. I cut out the pumpkin and popped him up on the front.

While I like the look of sarastamper's pumpkin, I opted to use this stamp because I couldn't imagine sponging the edges of 150 large ovals needed to make 50 pumpkins.

Any of you veteran craft fair people care to offer suggests of how I should price these? Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
pumpkintootsiepop.jpg  
Old 10-09-2011, 07:25 PM   #2774

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelak View Post
I decided I'd better make these up before my grandson and I eat all the Tootsie Pops.

I changed the measurement from what I posted earlier. I cut Basic Black c/s to 5 1/2" x 1 1/2" and scored it at 2 1/8" from both ends. I stamped the large pumpkin from Autumn Harvest on Pumpkin c/s using Cajun Craze ink. I colored the stem using the Crumb Cake marker. I cut out the pumpkin and popped him up on the front.

While I like the look of sarastamper's pumpkin, I opted to use this stamp because I couldn't imagine sponging the edges of 150 large ovals needed to make 50 pumpkins.

Any of you veteran craft fair people care to offer suggests of how I should price these? Thanks!

I think 3 for 4 dollars. They are super cute! I think that sounds cheaper than 1.50, which I would aim for.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:21 AM   #2775
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Quote:
there are always lookie-lou's at these things, people who craft. Ive started seeing signs hanging in booths at them sometimes that read
"I know you can make it yourself, but will you?"

that seems really rude of the other vendor, you'd think they would have just started a conversation with you.

I think the first year I did this I had priced things based on what people used to pay for them to me on ebay. that doesn't seem to go over very well in real life. I've since adjusted the pricing down. it was actually my husbands idea, he said you know if you ask less you will sell more ( which I do ) and I think the people watching / talking to people who stamp (that tend to not buy a thing) is part of the fun for me.

are there any other shows you can do that you may have stuff you can take to it? the one I do is not until the week before Thanksgiving. and at that one the thing that sells the best is Christmas, but I have a year round variety of things including basic things like Birthdays and such. (some people plan ahead) the thing that usually does not sell is Fall. sometimes one or two Thanksgiving cards will sell but, most of it nada.
I've noticed that the last few years other vendors have added cards to their booths but, they are usually photographs or things that came out of a printer. but, it doesn't matter they are not doing what I am and the people who found me are still excited when they find it again. I think that is an important thing too. when you find a show that you do better at. stick with that one, the people who are excited to find you there will look for you again next year.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:35 AM   #2776
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Thank you! I'm thinking of asking $1 each for them, but that's not much considering the work I put into them. Since I thought these might be used as table favors I wanted them to look good from the back as well, so I stamped the Day of Gratitude, cut it out and then stamped the back side as well - no small task since the stamp had to be inked with markers.
That was my conundrum too - there's a lot of effort that goes into these and I just wasn't sure whether people would be willing to pay more than a dollar for these in my area. Selling it for a dollar is kind of underselling it, IMO.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:37 AM   #2777
Pearl-ExPert

Lovely items Anna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by am2106 View Post
I wanted to share some of the items I've made for shows this year so far. I told myself that I would work all through the year this year so I'm not madly crafting every night come fall. Guess what? I've been madly crafting every night...

Anyway, I've gotten pretty much all of my ideas from SplitCoast; but I didn't keep good enough track to give credit where it's due. So thank you for all the wonderful ideas!!

The Pumpkin Smores have been a surprise this year - I've been selling quite a few of them on Etsy. I didn't really sell many Snowman Smores at shows last year so I've been pleasantly surprised.

Thanks for looking!
Anna
Old 10-10-2011, 07:45 AM   #2778
Embossing Fanatic

I"m sure this has been asked before but what is: Ball Jar Recipe Card and Dishcloth Set?
I did a search on SCS but only found the craft list posts and a google search didn't turn anything up either.

Would love to know - Thank you!
Old 10-10-2011, 07:48 AM   #2779
Embossing Fanatic

I think I saw stick candy canes in lots of flavors at cracker barrel the other day. They were sold individually. I dont remember how much they were but you can call them. I think it was so many for $1
Old 10-10-2011, 07:55 AM   #2780
Gabfest Goddess

I just had my first sale in a couple of years yesterday. Sold NO altered composition books with matching pens, and NO post-it holders with matching pens. No neclaces or magnet sets, either. Did gross $100 which isn't bad considering I didn't have to pay a table fee. It was a very small gathering - not even a craft fair - but HERB DAY put on by my local club - there were only 8 vendors total. I had the altered composition books priced at $6 and the PostIt holders at $3. I will be making some pricing adjustments before the Christmas boutique.

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:03 AM   #2781
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

I think you're better off making friends w/the other person. You both like to make the same things. Share tips and share which shows you're going to - so you can go to different shows! That will help you both. I think it's important to try and find out if the show you're signing up for is exclusive for the craft type or not. It really will help your sales. Others reported sales didn't go well, so it wasn't your stuff.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:16 AM   #2782
Rubber Obsessor

I did a show this weekend. The other papercrafter there sells mainly SU stuff and mainly decorated candy items. She sold out of the snowmen Hershey bars. We chatted and learned a lot from each other. She had mostly Christmas items. Her test tubes was reindeer food. Mine was Halloween themed. I sold about half of mine.

I sell mainly papercrafting items. I have very few decorated candy items (I made pixie stick bouquets and Halloween test tubes). People were definitely looking at fall/Halloween and not Christmas items, although they mentioned buying as Christmas gifts. They just didn't want Christmas cards/gift bags/gift tags.

My best seller - Bible tag books. But I do live in the south so YMMV. My second best seller - birthday reminder books.

The only thing that didn't sell at all was my Christmas gift bag/tag/card sets. But I think that's because people weren't looking for Christmas gift wrapping/cards items yet.

Don't forget there are always many variables to a show. Competition, attendance, even placement on your table/booth, people's mood that day, and much more.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:30 AM   #2783

Quote:
Bible tag books.
Could you please explain what these are? A picture would be great too

I have a holiday boutique in my home every year....I love it....no hauling stuff anywhere, no spending money on a space that I may or may not earn back and best of all no competition Anyhow I'm planning on inviting all the ladies from my church (maybe the guys too) and having some faith-based items would be nice.

thanks,

shellie

Old 10-10-2011, 09:47 AM   #2784
Die Cut Diva

I too post a sign that says "Yes, you can make it, but will you?" and people get a kick out of it. I try to sell my items at a low cost so that people will buy. The lowest priced item(s) are $2 each or 3 for $5. These items are a variety of stocking stuffer type items like paper cocoa mugs with a packet of cocoa, microwave popcorn sleeves, stocking shaped gift card holders, peppermint patty candy strips, reindeer poop and replacement noses, pencil holders, etc. This year I'm adding some of the candy stix, matchboxes with nuggets, individual s'more sets, and some snowman kisses.

I also have higher priced items that go from $3 to $15. I make paperbag albums throughout the year and always make an extra for my "box". I sell so many of these and that helps increase my sales. I usually sell them for $15.

This year I'm going to attempt stamped candles.

This will be my third year and the first year I made $300 profit and last year almost $500. I have a blast seeing repeat customers especially when they say, OH I'm so glad you're here again or to their friend, this is the stuff I was telling you about. I live in a small town so I get to visit with people I don't see on a regular basis so it's a fun social event. Plus I get to spend the day with my teenage daughter and watch her break out of her shyness when talking to customers. And may be the only day when DH brings me coffee in the morning and lunch in the afternoon.

I would also love to see a bible tag book.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:54 AM   #2785
Embossing Fanatic

Are these what you are talking about?

D&R Creations: Bible Verse Tag Books
Old 10-10-2011, 10:11 AM   #2786
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I like your idea of stamping the pumpkin rather than using the punches better (cause I agree with the OMG time that punching, sponging, assembling the other way would take!).

I think I'm copying your idea (shock!) and doing it 'your way'. I think I'm selling mine for $1.25 but I'm having a friend help me price all my stuff (with input from what people have posted here)

And a funny thing about your avatar - everytime I see you post I think to myself, "that Pam must be such a happy person with that great big smile and tilted head and all". Just today I realize that that picture probably isn't you, but a much loved child of yours. I just cracked up when I realized that. I never really LOOKED at the picture entirely, just that crazy winning smile!!! What a doll!

MY GALLERY
Old 10-10-2011, 10:14 AM   #2787
Pearl-ExPert

I made a bunch of those Hershey snowmen this weekend (bit and little) and WOW are they adorable in real life. Had to buy ink for my printer (since I hadn't used it for a year and had to actually set it up too!) but it was worth it. AND my house is a MESS from all the little knit pieces that fell off of the mittens when I cut them up (the cuffs to use for the scarves) but that's why I own a vacuum I suppose (not that I use it all that often!). And I brought them to work today to show and tell too and everyone loved them. I am sure they will be a big seller (they better be!).
I'm going to do some with Rollo candy bars too (those are round you know) with the little snowman. I think that will be adorable as well.

MY GALLERY
Old 10-10-2011, 10:18 AM   #2788
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy H View Post
I just had my first sale in a couple of years yesterday. Sold NO altered composition books with matching pens, and NO post-it holders with matching pens. No neclaces or magnet sets, either. Did gross $100 which isn't bad considering I didn't have to pay a table fee. It was a very small gathering - not even a craft fair - but HERB DAY put on by my local club - there were only 8 vendors total. I had the altered composition books priced at $6 and the PostIt holders at $3. I will be making some pricing adjustments before the Christmas boutique.

Well $100 is pretty good for a craft show this early in the season. So its a start at least. Those comp books are hit and miss for me too. One year I sold a bunch, the other years, hardly any. I sell mine for $5 and I may come down on them too (I haven't even done any yet but its coming). I make mine pretty simple, but if you embellish and cover the insides and add a pen $5+ is a fair price. Anyway, hope you do better at the next ones.

MY GALLERY
Old 10-10-2011, 10:50 AM   #2789
Gabfest Goddess

The price is definitely coming down - and I also have to think about volume discounts - like $5 for 1, 2 for $9 - something like that. And I have to display them better.

Re Pamelak's avatar picture - it reminds me so much of my 3rd grade best friend. . . who was named Pam. Now I find out it is her grandson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.

Last edited by Cathy H; 10-10-2011 at 10:51 AM.. Reason: to correct a big math error
Old 10-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #2790
Rubber Obsessor

I'm thinking of doing this in my home this year too with a friend or 2 of mine. How many hours do you usually do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaddict View Post
Could you please explain what these are? A picture would be great too

I have a holiday boutique in my home every year....I love it....no hauling stuff anywhere, no spending money on a space that I may or may not earn back and best of all no competition Anyhow I'm planning on inviting all the ladies from my church (maybe the guys too) and having some faith-based items would be nice.

thanks,

shellie

Altered by Jenn
Old 10-10-2011, 04:10 PM   #2791
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorjudi View Post
Do you have pictures of your lip gloss purses? I just bought some 75% off at Krogers, and am trying to figure out how to package them cute. Thanks.
Judi
Sorry but no. I could kick myself but I made them right before a show last year and didn't take a photo (was going to take one before my next show)..then promptly sold them all.

They were just a basic tri-fold piece of paper and a scallop circle folded in half for the flap, then a ribbon through for a strap. I glued them shut and didn't bother with velcro.
I just left my last one open as a sample for people to see the inside...and ended up selling the last one too. A lady insisted, saying she would glue it shut herself! lol
Old 10-10-2011, 04:26 PM   #2792
Rubber Obsessor

Yes - that is my website and my Bible tag book!

D&R Creations: Bible Verse Tag Books

I found the idea on another website through a post on here. I adapted their design to make it easier for me.

It didn't seem to matter what was on the front - whether it be Hope, Love, faith, etc. Click on the photo to make it larger. I sold them for $4.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:45 PM   #2793

Thanks for the link to the bible verse tag books! I'm definitely going to make some of these.

Jenn- My boutique is scheduled for 4 hours. I do it in the afternoon/evening.

I bought mini (3') Christmas trees to display my handmade ornaments on (I got a special order for 75 of one of the ornaments!). I bought a couple of strands of battery operated white lights to put on the trees.

I set up several tables in my living room plus I utilized the top of the piano.
I had stocking stuffers displayed in baskets
Cards in baskets (but this year I have a large display rack)
Decor items were just placed in miscellaneous areas in my living room with tags on them.

I had jazzy Christmas music playing in the background and
hot cocoa, spiced cider and cookies for my customers to enjoy while shopping.

I've already got more stuff prepared this year than I did last year so I'm hoping it will be a great success

If I can buy my DH a birthday and a Christmas present (his bday is Dec 18th) with my money I'll be happy. I'll be even happier if I make enough to also buy a convention ticket.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:09 PM   #2794
Die Cut Diva

Hey, my birthday is the 18th too. I used to hate my late December birthday but now that I'm older, I love it. DS3's birthday is the 22nd so I have always made sure we celebrate his birthday - use birthday wrapping and not Christmas, etc. I remember it being very hard for my parents when I was younger.

A home boutique sounds like a lot of fun. Do you only invite people you know or is it an open boutique?
Old 10-11-2011, 09:57 AM   #2795
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via AIM to NancyL2648

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaddict View Post
Thanks for the link to the bible verse tag books! I'm definitely going to make some of these.

Jenn- My boutique is scheduled for 4 hours. I do it in the afternoon/evening.

I bought mini (3') Christmas trees to display my handmade ornaments on (I got a special order for 75 of one of the ornaments!). I bought a couple of strands of battery operated white lights to put on the trees.

I set up several tables in my living room plus I utilized the top of the piano.
I had stocking stuffers displayed in baskets
Cards in baskets (but this year I have a large display rack)
Decor items were just placed in miscellaneous areas in my living room with tags on them.

I had jazzy Christmas music playing in the background and
hot cocoa, spiced cider and cookies for my customers to enjoy while shopping.

I've already got more stuff prepared this year than I did last year so I'm hoping it will be a great success

If I can buy my DH a birthday and a Christmas present (his bday is Dec 18th) with my money I'll be happy. I'll be even happier if I make enough to also buy a convention ticket.

You home boutique sounds like fun....hope you have a great turnout and sell lots.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:03 AM   #2796
Mad Swapper

I made some Magic Reindeer Food in the MS test tubes last night. How much do you guys charge for these?
Old 10-11-2011, 12:24 PM   #2797

Quote:
Do you only invite people you know or is it an open boutique?
Last year I only invited people I know. I'm debating making it "public" this year. Not sure I'll put a sign out on the main road but I am thinking about making flyers (door hanger style) to put on all my neighbors doors

I am definitely going to have an incentive gift for people (friends) to bring someone I DON'T know to the boutique with them. Maybe a bag of half a dozen gift tags or something. Whatever I decide on it will be functional to the recipient.

Old 10-12-2011, 03:07 PM   #2798
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAmomof2 View Post
I made some Magic Reindeer Food in the MS test tubes last night. How much do you guys charge for these?
Anyone?...
Old 10-12-2011, 03:29 PM   #2799
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAmomof2 View Post
Anyone?...
how much did the tubes cost? without seeing them (or having never made/or sold them) I'd say $3.00. I'm not doing reindeer food stuff because my kids make them every year in school, so I think it wouldn't be a good seller
Old 10-12-2011, 03:46 PM   #2800
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougnat View Post
how much did the tubes cost? without seeing them (or having never made/or sold them) I'd say $3.00. I'm not doing reindeer food stuff because my kids make them every year in school, so I think it wouldn't be a good seller
Sorry, I should have given more info. They are the Martha Stewart test tubes, which were on sale when I got them. In all, I have about $1.30 in each one. Here's a picture...
Attached Thumbnails
img_5100.jpg