Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-07-2011, 01:10 PM   #2721
Pearl-ExPert

[QUOTE=DianeCraft;18800488]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrussom View Post
I sell a lot of the coaster calendars too, not too much time to do them. I keep them simple, just cardstock and coordinating designer paper for each one I do. I don't stamp on each page like some. I only sell for $5 or $6 too, so I'm not putting that time into doing them for that price.
QUOTE]

Mary,
Do you have pics of your coaster calendars.
I did look at your gallery, but can't tell if those are what you mean (ones with bulldog clips).
Do they have magnets on the back? I am trying to figure out how they would stand up?

They are in my gallery, rows 5 and 6 have some. One is with a sewing themed paper for when you look. No they don't have magnets on the back of them. They are 4x4 size, coaster for the front and back the pages (for the calendars) are cardstock with designer paper attached too Calendar from CAT on this site. They are put together with rings at the top - get those at WalMart or office supply store - they come apart like a three ring binder would open. They just stand up on its own.

The coasters with magnets are post it notes for fridges and stuff. Those can also work with calendars, just put the calendar together and adhere to the front of the coaster. Put them together with a brad and then people would just rip off the calendar. I did those last year so if you dig further in my gallery they are there.

MY GALLERY
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-07-2011, 01:12 PM   #2722
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelak View Post
Thought it was time I showed you some of my completed items. All ideas come from SCS or blogs that I visit through SCS. These photos represent 37 Post-it Note holders, 10 Goblin Greeting Tic Tac treats, 26 Hey, Little Turkey mint favors, and 50 magnetic coaster calendars. In addition to these, I have 13 Santa cards, 12 Owl Halloween cards, 54 Magic Reindeer Food, 31 snowman kisses.

I'm starting to work on Christmas planners and journals. My event is Oct 28-30.

Your items are very nice!! I really love the tic tacs and the turkeys. How much are you selling those two items for, if I can ask. I wasn't planning on doing either of them, but maybe if I have time - who knows at this point!

Good luck on your sale!

MY GALLERY
Old 10-07-2011, 01:26 PM   #2723
Rubber Obsessor

I just got EMAIL from Staples with their next sale starting 10/09/11. They will have their Staples Brand of stickie notes for $2.00 for 12 pack yellow 3 x 3.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:34 PM   #2724
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tat2girl View Post
Make the scarves out of strips that you've cut from the hand part of the glove. I bought the gloves at the end of the season last year and was able to get them for 25 cents a pair.
They go really fast if you cut everything apart first and then assemble. I was able to do all 60 in about 2 1/2 hours.
Wow - those look great!!!! Great tip about the gloves!!!
Old 10-07-2011, 01:38 PM   #2725
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Thought it was time I showed you some of my completed items. All ideas come from SCS or blogs that I visit through SCS. These photos represent 37 Post-it Note holders, 10 Goblin Greeting Tic Tac treats, 26 Hey, Little Turkey mint favors, and 50 magnetic coaster calendars. In addition to these, I have 13 Santa cards, 12 Owl Halloween cards, 54 Magic Reindeer Food, 31 snowman kisses.

Terrific!!! Good luck w/ sales!
Old 10-07-2011, 02:03 PM   #2726
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Awesome job, Pam!
Old 10-07-2011, 02:41 PM   #2727
Polyshrink Goddess

There was some discussion awhile ago about colored staples. I found at my local Walmart colored staples -- 2000 of one single color on clearance for 50 cents a pack. They were from the school supplies section.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:43 PM   #2728
Polyshrink Goddess

Can someone tell me where to find both large - stick type and regular type/size candy canes. I need these for a craft show and can't find them.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:31 PM   #2729
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Thanks for the nice comments, Ladies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrussom View Post
Your items are very nice!! I really love the tic tacs and the turkeys. How much are you selling those two items for, if I can ask. I wasn't planning on doing either of them, but maybe if I have time - who knows at this point!

Good luck on your sale!
Mary, I'm going to ask $2.50 for the Tic Tacs (same as for Snowman Kisses). I haven't decided about the turkeys. I'm thinking $1 each, although they're worth more for the work I put into them. Any thought on that price for them? Thanks, Pam
Old 10-07-2011, 06:33 PM   #2730
Inking Addict

This was my question at this time last year! I never did find any stick type candy canes, but the dollar stores near me had regular candy canes way earlier than any other stores.

I bought a bunch of boxes last year for $.25 after Christmas! I toured the Spangler factory, and they said candy canes are good for 2-3 years so I should be all set for awhile

Quote:
Originally Posted by scappermom View Post
Can someone tell me where to find both large - stick type and regular type/size candy canes. I need these for a craft show and can't find them.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:39 PM   #2731
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Mary, I'm going to ask $2.50 for the Tic Tacs (same as for Snowman Kisses). I haven't decided about the turkeys. I'm thinking $1 each, although they're worth more for the work I put into them. Any thought on that price for them? Thanks, Pam
When I did tic tacs last year, I charged about the same. Those aren't cheap to buy in the first place. And for the turkey, that's one reason I'm hesitant about doing them - I'm sure they will sell, especially at $1 - but they look like a lot of time for $1. But then again, I'm selling my tags for $1.50 and they took forever to do, so there you go. As long as you are making money on them, its good

MY GALLERY
Old 10-07-2011, 10:43 PM   #2732
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via AIM to FallnPetal Send a message via Yahoo to FallnPetal

When you're talking about charging $1 for your tags, is that for a set or for one? I'm so new to the craft show game and my first is coming up on Nov 19th. I have to find fast to do, economical money makers. I'm scouring the galleries and getting great ideas but pricing has me stumped.

Thanks for any help!
Old 10-08-2011, 06:23 AM   #2733
Rubber Obsessor

Help please!
I was asked to provide some items to sell at a school's holiday shop, however, they can only be $1. I've already come up with some ideas (candy sticks, magnets, small post it holders) but am looking for others.
Any help would be appreciated

Tiffany
Old 10-08-2011, 06:59 AM   #2734
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Quote:

oh my gosh I love the turkeys those are totally CUTE
Old 10-08-2011, 07:03 AM   #2735
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastel View Post
Help please!
I was asked to provide some items to sell at a school's holiday shop, however, they can only be $1. I've already come up with some ideas (candy sticks, magnets, small post it holders) but am looking for others.

Tiffany

How about wrapped Hershey bars or Magic Reindeer Food?
Old 10-08-2011, 07:04 AM   #2736
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Quote:
Help please!

Tiffany
what kinds of things? does this have to be things for kids to buy to give as gifts?
( does it all have to be handmade? or could you repackage things bought in bulk maybe at a dollar store in a cute way?)
Old 10-08-2011, 07:24 AM   #2737
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Help please!

Tiffany
How about bookmarks, gift tags or nugget purses?
Old 10-08-2011, 07:25 AM   #2738
Rubber Obsessor

Good ideas Janna...I'm trying to download the snowman wrapper. It can be anything, but I'm thinking they'd prefer items for gifts for family members, friends, etc. She also commented that treats seem to go the fastest
Tiffany
Old 10-08-2011, 07:25 AM   #2739
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
oh my gosh I love the turkeys those are totally CUTE
Thanks! The idea is from Lydia/understandblue.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:50 AM   #2740
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Help please!

Tiffany
Kids' paperclip bookmarks. I bought some K & Co embellishments and all I had to do was attach a scallop punch behind the paperclip and add a tiny bit of ribbon. I used the large paperclips that come in a box of 100.

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...8&thumbsonly=0

Or, clothespin gift tags that can be clipped on a package. (I also used K & Co. embellishments for these)

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...8&thumbsonly=0

You could also make some tile coasters and sell them individually. You wouldn't see much profit at a dollar, I think that with the felt circles and packaging they would probably cost about .50 each to make.

Anything with a peppermint patty sandwiched in between would make a great item for a $1.

Simple individual holiday cards would probably be a great seller, too.

Dog treat bags.

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1530049

Another item might be cute matchbook style, simple scratch paper things. I can't find a pic right now, but someone else might have one handy.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:27 AM   #2741
Pearl-ExPert

Default Turkey Mint favors

Quote:

All your items are so beautiful! I especially love the Turkey mint favors. Do you mind sharing how much are yuo going to charge for them? I'm planning to make them too and was wondering what's their price point.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:54 AM   #2742
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Help please!

Tiffany
Tiffany, someone just reminded me of this cute treat I made a few years ago. They're quick, easy and inexpensive to make:
Mini Hershey Tote by pamelak - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 10-08-2011, 09:58 AM   #2743
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by smriti View Post
All your items are so beautiful! I especially love the Turkey mint favors. Do you mind sharing how much are yuo going to charge for them? I'm planning to make them too and was wondering what's their price point.
Thank you! I'm thinking of asking $1 each for them, but that's not much considering the work I put into them. Since I thought these might be used as table favors I wanted them to look good from the back as well, so I stamped the Day of Gratitude, cut it out and then stamped the back side as well - no small task since the stamp had to be inked with markers.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:50 AM   #2744
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

They look great! I love the turkeys..too cute.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:58 AM   #2745
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Thank you! I'm thinking of asking $1 each for them, but that's not much considering the work I put into them. Since I thought these might be used as table favors I wanted them to look good from the back as well, so I stamped the Day of Gratitude, cut it out and then stamped the back side as well - no small task since the stamp had to be inked with markers.
I think people would pay $2 for these.
I have people buy my chocolate bars for place setting add-ons all the time, and they are $2 each. One lady bought 30!
Old 10-08-2011, 11:02 AM   #2746
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
I think people would pay $2 for these.
I have people buy my chocolate bars for place setting add-ons all the time, and they are $2 each. One lady bought 30!
Thanks for your input, Diane. I'd love to think I could get $2 each for them.
Don't you just love customer like that. I have a customer who buys over $70 worth of my cards at one time and she refused any freebies I offer. She says "No" I want to pay you for everything.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:02 AM   #2747
Kookie Creator

I did dog and cat treats, just used cheap biscuits, they sold really well.

I just folded a scrap of card in half, stamped with animal images, and added a decoration. Then just used to top the bags.

Seen notebooks with a pen and a lolly, thought it was a great idea.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:12 AM   #2748
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Just a thought, have you tried the baby wipe technique? It like making your own stamp pad, which may make the assembly a little quicker for you......Splitcoaststampers - Baby Wipe Technique Tutorial by Beate Johns

ALL NEW!! As of 6/20/11 http://stamperstacey.blogspot.com/
Old 10-08-2011, 11:38 AM   #2749
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsskgilbert View Post
Just a thought, have you tried the baby wipe technique? It like making your own stamp pad, which may make the assembly a little quicker for you......Splitcoaststampers - Baby Wipe Technique Tutorial by Beate Johns
Thanks for the suggestion, Stacy. I'll see what kind of results I can get using that technique.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:01 PM   #2750
Inking Addict

I wanted to share some of the items I've made for shows this year so far. I told myself that I would work all through the year this year so I'm not madly crafting every night come fall. Guess what? I've been madly crafting every night...

Anyway, I've gotten pretty much all of my ideas from SplitCoast; but I didn't keep good enough track to give credit where it's due. So thank you for all the wonderful ideas!!

The Pumpkin Smores have been a surprise this year - I've been selling quite a few of them on Etsy. I didn't really sell many Snowman Smores at shows last year so I've been pleasantly surprised.

Thanks for looking!
Anna
Attached Thumbnails
img_0434.jpg   img_0438.jpg   p9180158.jpg   img_0325.jpg   img_0362.jpg  

img_0398.jpg   img_0580.jpg  
Old 10-08-2011, 06:13 PM   #2751
Rubber Obsessor

I LOVE those pumpkin smores
I always say the same thing too and end up cramming to get everything done the week of a show.

Altered by Jenn
Old 10-08-2011, 07:06 PM   #2752
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via MSN to kmm1993 Send a message via Yahoo to kmm1993

Snowman Soup is always good too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delightfuldaisy View Post
How about wrapped Hershey bars or Magic Reindeer Food?
Old 10-08-2011, 07:43 PM   #2753
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via MSN to kmm1993 Send a message via Yahoo to kmm1993

Did anyone post a link to view the popcorn items? Could you please share?? Thanks!!

Quote:
I also use the popcorn from Walmart at 24 for $5. I sell them for $4 each.
People love them - and they say the popcorn is super yummy too.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:18 PM   #2754
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via AIM to FallnPetal Send a message via Yahoo to FallnPetal

Quick question; when packaging gift tags, do you do a variety in each pack or 6-10 of the same in a pack? Which sells better?
Old 10-09-2011, 12:09 AM   #2755
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmm1993 View Post
Did anyone post a link to view the popcorn items? Could you please share?? Thanks!!
I use different designs each year. I stopped taking photos.
I did find a pic of some from 3 years ago.
Attached Thumbnails
2008-craft-show-items-9-.jpg  
Old 10-09-2011, 04:43 AM   #2756
Rubber Obsessor

The ones I sold last year were all the same. But I also had some friends say that they would like to see a variety pack as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallnPetal View Post
Quick question; when packaging gift tags, do you do a variety in each pack or 6-10 of the same in a pack? Which sells better?

Altered by Jenn
Old 10-09-2011, 05:50 AM   #2757
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
I use different designs each year. I stopped taking photos.
I did find a pic of some from 3 years ago.
Dianecraft,
What does your tag say? Thanks.
Judi
Old 10-09-2011, 06:35 AM   #2758
Rubber Obsessor

So here is my list of stuff I came up with for just $1:
2 Binder Clips
Pack of 6 Magnets
Small Beaded Gel Pen
Pack of 2 Candy Sticks (M&Ms, skittles)
Pack of 2 Peppermint Patties
Post it Note Holder on Ring
Gum Cover
Set of 3 Clothespin Magnets
Chocolate Nugget Holder
Twist box with 6 chocolate kisses
Pack of 10 Lunchbox Notes
Magnetic Noteboard (large coaster with binder clip)
Set of 4 Paperclips
Matchbox with 2 Nerd Packs
Small Notebook

I'll try to post a picture later today...thanks for everyone's suggestions

Tiffany
Old 10-09-2011, 09:13 AM   #2759
Pearl-ExPert

I have some pictures of some of the tags I did for the sale in my gallery. I am packaging them with 15 in a bag, $1.50 per bag. I may go to $2 on them but I'm not sure.

MY GALLERY
Old 10-09-2011, 10:20 AM   #2760
Compulsive Stamper

Send a message via Yahoo to kmkluvs2scrap

What am I doing wrong? Has anyone experienced this....I had a show yesterday...first one of the season....there were 2 other papercrafters at the show...I came in and set up. One of them had a number of other types of crafts (toll painting, sewing, etc) but had a lot of the same type of things, the other had A LOT of the same things I had... I must have had 50 people stop by my table, pick up many things, exclaim how beautiful/cute the items were and then just walk away, buying NOTHING! I sold $6 in 5 hours. Paid $30 for the table. Now, I know, from talking to a few other vendors this show was not good for them either....but, I wondered, what would you do if you noticed, after you walked away from the table and left your teen in charge, that one of the others that had a papercrafting table came over and started asking all kinds of questions about the products you were selling...am I reading too much into this?