Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree455Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-01-2011, 10:48 PM   #2641
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via AIM to NancyL2648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly H View Post
Did anybody have craft fairs this weekend?
Nope...my first one is next Saturday the 8th.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-01-2011, 11:27 PM   #2642
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougnat View Post
I got a box of HUGE pine cones and wanted to do something with them so I glittered them and made tags that say something about your holiday sparkling

do you think they are dumb? including a pic
super smart & cute!
Old 10-02-2011, 06:26 AM   #2643
Rubber Obsessor

Nope. My next one is October 29

Quote:

Altered by Jenn
Old 10-02-2011, 11:10 AM   #2644
Insane Embellisher

My first show is October 22. I find that Halloween and fall items do not sell well at all. I am just sticking with Christmas items this year.
I have 4 2-day shows in Nov-Dec also.

Have been making my chocolate bars this week-end. I decided I am doing them all at once this year, and not adding more and more as the season goes on. When they are sold, they are sold. I am doing 200 this year. I made that many last year and sold out, so I should be good.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:28 AM   #2645
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
My first show is October 22. I find that Halloween and fall items do not sell well at all. I am just sticking with Christmas items this year.
I have 4 2-day shows in Nov-Dec also.

Have been making my chocolate bars this week-end. I decided I am doing them all at once this year, and not adding more and more as the season goes on. When they are sold, they are sold. I am doing 200 this year. I made that many last year and sold out, so I should be good.

Diane, I'm surprised Halloween items don't do well. I'm doing a three day show the last weekend in October (right before Halloween) and was thinking Halloween items would be a big seller. Do I need to rethink this?

So, you're making 200 chocolate bars will cover your four shows? Do you think 50 might be reasonable for my event? I've never done a show before, so I have no idea how many of each item to make. I'm sure it's a guessing game even with experience, right?
Thanks, Pam
Old 10-02-2011, 11:38 AM   #2646
Rubber Obsessor

I think it just depends on where you are. My Halloween themed items sold well at my craft show last October.

Altered by Jenn
Old 10-02-2011, 05:35 PM   #2647
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn21404 View Post
I think it just depends on where you are. My Halloween themed items sold well at my craft show last October.
Thanks, Jenn. Fingers crossed that my Halloween items go. Having leftover candy in my house is a dangerous thing.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:22 PM   #2648
Glitter Queen

Can someone tell me how much you sell the Tic Tac holders and the Snowman Hershey bars for at the craft fairs? Thanks, Pam
Old 10-02-2011, 07:26 PM   #2649
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

this is something i did while i was "cleaning" this weekend... ya know i hit yard sales pretty much all year, and I have something like a dozen big old canning jars filled with vintage buttons, then when my neighbor moved to CA her dd. seen i had picked up one of her containers of buttons and handed me every container of buttons and said take them... so I've had all these other containers of buttons on the closet floor for months, along with a bunch of other things... so yesterday I had found a whole stack of those old jello molds ( I have tons of them) and these were really cheap, so i got the "bright idea" to package some of the buttons ( I kept the ones i wanted most out of these containers and I still have an entire box of them) into the jello molds and made a sign ( for the booth in Nov. ) that reads... "crafters stocking stuffers" I always get some people who stamp, that just want to gossip about stamping and they tell me they are getting tons of ideas from the cards and dont buy anything... but sometimes their husbands come back haha...(or their girlfriends do the next day)
so, I was thinking maybe... if they were cheap enough, also did some vintage lace ( every thing is different no duplicates) of one yard lace the wider pieces are on clothes pins and the skinny is on old empty thread spools ( wood ones )

so, what do you think of this? and what would be a reasonable amount to price them at? ( I did not spend much on the packaging the baggies were bought on clearance (12 bags for 4.00) and the tins were like 20 cents each and the clothes pins are like 20 for a dollar and the spools came in things from yardsales where i bought grab bag type things for the other things in the lot )
Attached Thumbnails
craftersstockingstuffers1-jbgreendawn-1-1-.jpg   craftersstockingstucrop-jbgreendawn-1-1-.jpg   craftersstockingstuff2-jbgreendawn-1-1-.jpg  

Last edited by JBgreendawn; 10-02-2011 at 07:29 PM..
Old 10-02-2011, 07:38 PM   #2650
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Oh and this is held at a private schools fundraiser sale. ( I do it every year and every year is better then the last ) and but, the booth is listed as OOAK cards... so, I dont do any of the packed treat things or altered items or anything like that.

In September of this year I did do a booth at a Renaissance Shrewsbury Renaissance Faire -- Kings Valley - Oregon -- Gates are Open from 10am to 6pm -- September 10th & 11th, 2011 and that was kinda fun, okay a whole lot of fun... and I will probably be doing more of that next year. ( I have all the garb, and just had a small display in my step mom's Baskets booth) photos of the display are in my phone though so have to try to figure out how to get them to the computer. Did about 100.00 for one day. ( didn't stay the second day had to drive home )
Old 10-02-2011, 07:50 PM   #2651
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
this is something i did while i was "cleaning" this weekend... ya know i hit yard sales pretty much all year, and I have something like a dozen big old canning jars filled with vintage buttons, then when my neighbor moved to CA her dd. seen i had picked up one of her containers of buttons and handed me every container of buttons and said take them... so I've had all these other containers of buttons on the closet floor for months, along with a bunch of other things... so yesterday I had found a whole stack of those old jello molds ( I have tons of them) and these were really cheap, so i got the "bright idea" to package some of the buttons ( I kept the ones i wanted most out of these containers and I still have an entire box of them) into the jello molds and made a sign ( for the booth in Nov. ) that reads... "crafters stocking stuffers" I always get some people who stamp, that just want to gossip about stamping and they tell me they are getting tons of ideas from the cards and dont buy anything... but sometimes their husbands come back haha...(or their girlfriends do the next day)
so, I was thinking maybe... if they were cheap enough, also did some vintage lace ( every thing is different no duplicates) of one yard lace the wider pieces are on clothes pins and the skinny is on old empty thread spools ( wood ones )

so, what do you think of this? and what would be a reasonable amount to price them at? ( I did not spend much on the packaging the baggies were bought on clearance (12 bags for 4.00) and the tins were like 20 cents each and the clothes pins are like 20 for a dollar and the spools came in things from yardsales where i bought grab bag type things for the other things in the lot )
Stacy, I used to frequent quilt show and I saw quilters go crazy over vintage buttons and lace. I bought some of both myself. I wish I could give you an idea of what they were selling for, but I just don't retain numbers well. Hope someone here can give you an idea on pricing them. Hoping you do as well with these as the quilt show vendors. Blessings, Pam
Old 10-03-2011, 06:14 AM   #2652
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Zimmerman View Post
Can someone tell me how much you sell the Tic Tac holders and the Snowman Hershey bars for at the craft fairs? Thanks, Pam
Hi Pam,
I sold my Hershey snowmen at $2 each (regular size) and the snak size at 75 cents each or 3/$2. I sold out of all of them and had a special order for 20 moreof the regular size! This year I'm making 60 snak size and 40 of the regular size.
The tic tacs I also sold for $2. Made both the snowman and Grinch pills. I sold more of the snowman tic tacs than the grinch pills, but everyone commented how cute the grinch pills were.
Only doing one fair this year, so not going too crazy.
HTH

Sharon
Old 10-03-2011, 06:37 AM   #2653
Kookie Creator

First off I just want to say I wish I lived closer to you, cuz I would so snap up those buttons! (Do you take PayPal? ha ha ha) They are fantastic and you packaged them up so cute!!!

A package of 100 solid colored plastic buttons that you would find in a scrapbook store sell for around $7.50. A package of 10 Tim Holtz vintage-style buttons retails for $7.

About how many buttons are in each mold? And are they a good mix of plain and ornate? If so, I would not hesitate to price them at $10.

Good luck!

Quote:

Old 10-03-2011, 06:40 AM   #2654
Proud Fan Club Member

as a vintage button collector (ie HORDER!) DO NOT! take less than $8!!!!

Quote:

Old 10-03-2011, 06:42 AM   #2655
Proud Fan Club Member

ME TOO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tat2girl View Post
First off I just want to say I wish I lived closer to you, cuz I would so snap up those buttons! (Do you take PayPal? ha ha ha) They are fantastic and you packaged them up so cute!!!

A package of 100 solid colored plastic buttons that you would find in a scrapbook store sell for around $7.50. A package of 10 Tim Holtz vintage-style buttons retails for $7.

About how many buttons are in each mold? And are they a good mix of plain and ornate? If so, I would not hesitate to price them at $10.

Good luck!
Old 10-03-2011, 07:54 AM   #2656
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

g'morning. ( thanks ) was thinking if they didnt sell at the booth or if there were left overs to stick them in the etsy shop.

I didnt count the buttons I was trying more for mixing the sizes and colors, I was thinking about weighing them on a postal scale. ( could open one up and guesstimate it) think that would be a good thing to list on the back of the tag?

guess i forgot some of the info, ( the buttons were basically free and the lace i tend to buy huge grab bags of it for a dollar or 3 and these are yardage of pieces i have manymanymany yards of) IE this hoarder should be OK with letting these go.

and I am pretty sure the bulk of the buttons are plastic.

Last edited by JBgreendawn; 10-03-2011 at 07:58 AM..
Old 10-03-2011, 07:59 AM   #2657
Proud Fan Club Member

My first instinct as a button buyer is no, don't worry about it. when I see bags ect. I just kinda check out what kinda buttons are inside and don't even really think too much of exact amount..
just my 2 cents

Quote:
g'morning. ( thanks ) was thinking if they didnt sell at the booth or if there were left overs to stick them in the etsy shop.

I didnt count the buttons I was trying more for mixing the sizes and colors, I was thinking about weighing them on a postal scale. ( could open one up and guesstimate it) think that would be a good thing to list on the back of the tag?

guess i forgot some of the info, ( the buttons were basically free and the lace i tend to buy huge grab bags of it for a dollar or 3 and these are yardage of pieces i have manymanymany yards of) IE this hoarder should be OK with letting these go.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:13 AM   #2658
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougnat View Post
My first instinct as a button buyer is no, don't worry about it. when I see bags ect. I just kinda check out what kinda buttons are inside and don't even really think too much of exact amount..
just my 2 cents
I agree
Old 10-03-2011, 09:20 AM   #2659
Pearl-ExPert

Maria - your reindeer test tube is adorable!

Stacy - Lots of people just love buttons, bundling them up to sell is a great idea.

Tat2Girl - on your Hershey bars, when you use the snack size, do you use that same pattern, or is there a smaller size that she offered too? I didn't look before I typed but I remember one for tubes as well as the bigger candy bar. Did you post a picture of your bars anywhere?

MY GALLERY
Old 10-03-2011, 09:28 AM   #2660
Glitter Queen

Thanks so much Sharon. Do you have a pattern for the small snowmen? Or can you tell me where to find it? Thanks, Pam
Old 10-03-2011, 09:30 AM   #2661
Pearl-ExPert

Apparently one of my links didn't work for a picture of a pumpkin place setting holder. But I found a different one on a blog this morning, which is actually the one I wanted to show last week but couldn't find. Anyway, here it is:

Krafting Kreations: Pumpkin Card Holder - September Make and Take 5

She also (on the SU! demo only site) posted an apple she had done with a heart punch. I'm assuming she will post that on her blog soon too. The apple was cute, looked real.

Then I saw this amazing rose made with the battery tea lights. Very pretty. uses the ornament punch from SU!.

Lucky Stamper: Ornament Punch Roses and Candlelight

MY GALLERY
Old 10-03-2011, 11:13 AM   #2662
Rubber Obsessor

Default craft show

Quote:
I'm doing my first this weekend. I hope it goes well!
Old 10-03-2011, 11:34 AM   #2663
Rubber Obsessor

Good luck at your craft show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianneo View Post
I'm doing my first this weekend. I hope it goes well!

Altered by Jenn
Old 10-03-2011, 01:47 PM   #2664
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via AIM to NancyL2648

I just accidentally deleted all my bookmarks....including all sites that had awesome craft fair idea. I'm slowly going back into my history trying to restore some sites.

Does anyone here have the website for the birthday candle...it was one of the little tealite battery powered candles? I believe it was on a SU! demo site.

Old 10-03-2011, 02:53 PM   #2665
Rubber Obsessor

I found this Most Adorable Birthday Candle Ever - Inkredible Stamping with Julie and I googled birthday candle tealight battery stampin up and it brought up a bunch of stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyL2648 View Post
I just accidentally deleted all my bookmarks....including all sites that had awesome craft fair idea. I'm slowly going back into my history trying to restore some sites.

Does anyone here have the website for the birthday candle...it was one of the little tealite battery powered candles? I believe it was on a SU! demo site.

Altered by Jenn
Old 10-03-2011, 05:04 PM   #2666
Pearl-ExPert

I posted some frap bottles I did this weekend for my craft sale. I will do some Christmas ones later in the week These were way fun to do. I wasn't a big fan but now I am. Although I don't drink the stuff!!

MY GALLERY
Old 10-03-2011, 07:54 PM   #2667
Rubber Obsessor

Love them. I found this idea on Pinterest and want to try it as well. Redefining C: LIVE laugh LOVE Milk Bottles-DIY

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrussom View Post
I posted some frap bottles I did this weekend for my craft sale. I will do some Christmas ones later in the week These were way fun to do. I wasn't a big fan but now I am. Although I don't drink the stuff!!

Altered by Jenn
Old 10-03-2011, 08:53 PM   #2668
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Maria - your reindeer test tube is adorable!

Stacy - Lots of people just love buttons, bundling them up to sell is a great idea.

Tat2Girl - on your Hershey bars, when you use the snack size, do you use that same pattern, or is there a smaller size that she offered too? I didn't look before I typed but I remember one for tubes as well as the bigger candy bar. Did you post a picture of your bars anywhere?
I did use the same pattern, just shrank it down on my copier. I don't remember what percentage I used to shrink it, sorry. I made four copies and taped them to an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper so that I could get 4 snowman from one sheet of paper. If you're good in photo shop (I'm not), you could probably do it a lot easier than the way I did it.
I was the organizer of the craft fair that I made these for last year and have pictures of everyone else's booth, but mine. I'll take and post pics when I get a few made.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:09 PM   #2669
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Zimmerman View Post
I sell the chocolate bars for $2 each and the Snowman Kisses are $3 each (because they take more time to make and cost more for supplies).

Here is a pic of the kisses:
Attached Thumbnails
2010oct-craft-show-items-076.jpg  
Old 10-03-2011, 11:11 PM   #2670
Insane Embellisher

Default Snowman image

Quote:
I did use the same pattern, just shrank it down on my copier. I don't remember what percentage I used to shrink it, sorry. I made four copies and taped them to an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper so that I could get 4 snowman from one sheet of paper. If you're good in photo shop (I'm not), you could probably do it a lot easier than the way I did it.
I was the organizer of the craft fair that I made these for last year and have pictures of everyone else's booth, but mine. I'll take and post pics when I get a few made.
I have mine saved as a jpeg. I just put it into a Word Doc and shrink it to whatever size I want. This way, I have been able to use different shaped chocolate bars.
Sometimes, I will use my daughters fundraiser choc bars which are tall and skinny. My profit is less but she gets her cut from selling the bars.
Hope that helps.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:00 AM   #2671
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Love them. I found this idea on Pinterest and want to try it as well. Redefining C: LIVE laugh LOVE Milk Bottles-DIY

Those are cute. Maybe next year! I get impatient with things having to dry, seal, whatever, and I tend to work on it when its not ready. Maybe because I'm always behind, I don't know. But these will take some planning. But they are cute and different from other bottles I've seen. I'll need to figure out that Cricuit I got for cutting out letters, vinyl - after Christmas that is.

MY GALLERY
Old 10-04-2011, 07:02 AM   #2672
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Thanks for the info. I'm not good at doing that on the computer but I'll try to figure it out. And I love your comment about not taking pictures. My first sale I took pictures (at least my sister came by and did it) and then after that, I kept forgetting. Too much to do!

MY GALLERY
Old 10-04-2011, 07:03 AM   #2673
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
I have mine saved as a jpeg. I just put it into a Word Doc and shrink it to whatever size I want. This way, I have been able to use different shaped chocolate bars.
Sometimes, I will use my daughters fundraiser choc bars which are tall and skinny. My profit is less but she gets her cut from selling the bars.
Hope that helps.

Thanks for that info too. I'll give it a try (or have someone give it a try for me!).

MY GALLERY
Old 10-04-2011, 07:06 AM   #2674
Pearl-ExPert

I tried an acrylic frame last night (just one to see if I liked doing it) and that was a fun project. I will be able to get my 4x4 post it note on it and the calendar like I wanted. I'll post them when I get a couple done. Super easy really.

I'm going to do some as dry erase boards too.

I finished up my fall looking candy bags (M&M's, mint patties, and nuggets). Now waiting for Christmas looking candy to come out (well for the MM's at least). Had to get them done because I started eating the stuff. Already dug into the Halloween candy (needed some of it for jars that I was doing) but started eating tha too. Once I alter it, I won't eat it, but until then - I can't stop!! Oh well.

MY GALLERY
Old 10-04-2011, 08:32 AM   #2675
Die Cut Diva

on the mini-candy bar snowmen, what do you do about the hat? I'm thinking you didn't make tiny fleece hats for them, but maybe I'm wrong.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:44 AM   #2676
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks Mary for the link! That is a beautiful idea!

All the best to those having craft fairs this weekend!

Quote:
Apparently one of my links didn't work for a picture of a pumpkin place setting holder. But I found a different one on a blog this morning, which is actually the one I wanted to show last week but couldn't find. Anyway, here it is:

Krafting Kreations: Pumpkin Card Holder - September Make and Take 5

She also (on the SU! demo only site) posted an apple she had done with a heart punch. I'm assuming she will post that on her blog soon too. The apple was cute, looked real.

Then I saw this amazing rose made with the battery tea lights. Very pretty. uses the ornament punch from SU!.

Lucky Stamper: Ornament Punch Roses and Candlelight
Old 10-04-2011, 11:54 AM   #2677
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
I wasn't into doing the frap bottles...but I think you've just changed my mind!
Old 10-04-2011, 02:43 PM   #2678
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknocker3 View Post
on the mini-candy bar snowmen, what do you do about the hat? I'm thinking you didn't make tiny fleece hats for them, but maybe I'm wrong.
The dollar store has knitted and sometimes fleece gloves. Cut the fingers off and use them for hats, they usually fit the small candy bars.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:47 PM   #2679
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
The dollar store has knitted and sometimes fleece gloves. Cut the fingers off and use them for hats, they usually fit the small candy bars.
great idea!!!
Old 10-04-2011, 03:15 PM   #2680
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknocker3 View Post
I sewed tiny fleece hats out of all the extra material I had after I made the big ones. I only fold the material up once, not twice like you do for the big snowman, otherwise you have too much material onto of the candy bar. I fit six snowman on an 8 1/2 by 11" piece of paper. I think they will sell better since the big ones match the little ones!
Judi

PS: first craft fair ever this Friday. Crafting like mad!