Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-13-2011, 02:53 AM   #2441
Crimping Master

I package everything I can and with toppers. I use co-ordinating paper for the topper, and stamp a Just for you tag from su punch in oval shape and the scallop oval and pop dot it. If the item uses pattern paper- i usually have some scraps left over, and if I do, I will add the papertoo. I think it sure helps sales. It is a gift ready to give and it looks so nice.
I charge $3.00 for the post it note and pen set. Dont think I could get more for it. But I think it makes people look at the rest of your things on the table- spend more time there.
I make the little comp books and beaded pens. The comp books are $1.00 and the pens are 1.50. People were always digging through both to find sets so I now package them together and will sell them for $3.00- they flew off the table last year, so I hope it will be the same this year too. Good luck
Oh I also give them nice bags with purchase. I search the stores after xmas for gift bags and collect bags throughout the year. I tie my business card to the outside so as they are walking around people stop to ask where they got such a nice bag (I used to hand make them) and they can see my card. Dont know if it turns into sales, but it sure brightens my shoppers experience
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-13-2011, 06:50 AM   #2442
Mad Swapper

Quote:

I package everything I can and with toppers. I use co-ordinating paper for the topper, and stamp a Just for you tag from su punch in oval shape and the scallop oval and pop dot it. If the item uses pattern paper- i usually have some scraps left over, and if I do, I will add the papertoo. I think it sure helps sales. It is a gift ready to give and it looks so nice.

Do you have a picture of this? I'm a visual person and I can't quite picture this but it sounds very nice.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:04 AM   #2443
Crimping Master

Default WOW

Beth - What a great idea! I had checked other venues for credit/debit cards but wasn't satisfied with their requirements. I have got to check this out - would be great for my SU business!
Hope your craft fairs do well this year!
Betty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitysmom View Post
Ok....I have been looking at the applications that you can rent/purchase for your iphone that allow you to swipe credit cards on site at your craft shows. Through my research, I have found a company that I am interested in that will send you the machine and application for your phone for free, but charges a fee per transaction. The card is processed on site, so you don't have to worry about lack of funds after the fact etc. like the old system with the credit card slips and slider machine.

My big question is this: Do you think that you can increase your sales per customer substantially by offering a credit/debit option? Will they increase enough to justify the additional transaction charge? I don't use my credit cards much so I'm at a loss!

Thanks in advance for your help!
Beth

MY BLOG

Shop with me 24/7- Stampin'Up!
Old 09-13-2011, 08:03 AM   #2444
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampinky53 View Post
Beth - What a great idea! I had checked other venues for credit/debit cards but wasn't satisfied with their requirements. I have got to check this out - would be great for my SU business!
Hope your craft fairs do well this year!
Betty

Thanks Betty!
Here is the link to the one I am using!
https://squareup.com/

I think that it would be awesome for your SU business - so much easier than paypal and I wonder if it'scheaper in the long run...haven't done the numbers on that one!
Old 09-13-2011, 08:18 AM   #2445
Crimping Master

i have a pic in my gallery with santa pattys in them. I dont have the pic of the others that I made, as I sold them and havnt gotten to more this year yet. I think you can get the idea though
Old 09-13-2011, 10:22 AM   #2446
Rubber Obsessor

What company/website is that to accept credit cards? I'd love to check it out.

It's been proven accepting cards will increase sales and pay for itself.

As a customer, there are times when I might not have enough cash on me or I want to save my cash, so it's nice to be able to use my debit card.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:30 AM   #2447
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianneo View Post
What company/website is that to accept credit cards? I'd love to check it out.

It's been proven accepting cards will increase sales and pay for itself.

As a customer, there are times when I might not have enough cash on me or I want to save my cash, so it's nice to be able to use my debit card.
https://squareup.com/

Altered by Jenn
Old 09-13-2011, 10:38 AM   #2448
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Hey everyone. I think we were talking on this thread about the composition books at Walmart. Anyway, I wanted to post here that I got some composition books at Target today for only .20 cents (they were on clearance).
Old 09-13-2011, 10:42 AM   #2449
Rubber Obsessor

Speaking of Composition books, how well do these sell for you? I have a bunch that I bought when they were .25 cents a piece at Walmart MONTHS ago.

Altered by Jenn
Old 09-14-2011, 08:51 AM   #2450
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn21404 View Post
I used Go Payment from Intuit. There is no annual fee. You only pay when someone uses their credit card. The have a card reader that attaches to your phone. Here is the link to the website.
Intuit GoPayment – iPhone credit card processing for mobile payments
Old 09-14-2011, 10:49 AM   #2451
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLatty View Post
Hey everyone. I think we were talking on this thread about the composition books at Walmart. Anyway, I wanted to post here that I got some composition books at Target today for only .20 cents (they were on clearance).
Thanks for the head's up...However, when I checked out with my 80 composition notebooks ( I am making 40 for a cheerleading team) they rang up for .10 each!!! SCORE!!!!!

They had a ton of stuff left in the school supply clearance section so I may go back for more for next year! Also picked up a bunch of school supplies that I know my DD will need for next year!

Thanks again!!!
Beth
Old 09-14-2011, 10:56 AM   #2452

Quote:
Thanks for the head's up...However, when I checked out with my 80 composition notebooks ( I am making 40 for a cheerleading team) they rang up for .10 each!!! SCORE!!!!!

They had a ton of stuff left in the school supply clearance section so I may go back for more for next year! Also picked up a bunch of school supplies that I know my DD will need for next year!

Thanks again!!!
Beth
Did you get them at Target for .10 cents?

Some Targets don't always mark down prices at the same time. My Target usually does it mark downs on Thursdays so I might have to go back again this week (And I thought .40 cents was a good deal).
Old 09-14-2011, 11:28 AM   #2453
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLatty View Post
Did you get them at Target for .10 cents?
Yep at Target! I happened to be in that area - I don't normally find myself in that part of town - and remembered your post and thought I would run in real quick! SOOOO glad I did!
Old 09-14-2011, 11:32 AM   #2454
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn21404 View Post
Speaking of Composition books, how well do these sell for you? I have a bunch that I bought when they were .25 cents a piece at Walmart MONTHS ago.
This answer may not help you....but in my area it really depends. 2 years ago, I sold a ton of them! Probably close to 50...but last year maybe only 10 or so! My thought is that they are coming up with such cute designs instead of just the black marble notebooks now, that people aren't buying? IDK!

I have a cheerleader mom that I make 40 notebooks for every year, but I will probably only make about 25 for my craft shows this year.

Anyone have any ideas on cute designs for this season? I always sell a few of the Holiday Planners....so will probably make a few of them too.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:39 PM   #2455

Quote:
Yep at Target! I happened to be in that area - I don't normally find myself in that part of town - and remembered your post and thought I would run in real quick! SOOOO glad I did!
That's wonderful! I'm glad you found them . I'll have to check out my Target again in case the are reduced more.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:57 AM   #2456
Pearl-ExPert

Went to Target, ours were at 25cents but I got some still. They had wide and college ruled, so I got both. And they had one that had grid paper in it - that was 50 cents but I bought one for my use. I think I may like that kind of paper - I did a planner last night with SU Letters to Santa paper so I could keep notes on my craft sales, what sold, where I had them, ideas, etc. I'll post a picture soon, it turned out ADORABLE!

I got lots of tags done - but I think I need to do more. When I started counting them out for bags, I realized that I only had about 10 bags, which probably isn't enough.

I did some tooth fairy tins and some other little jars (found the idea on Inkin Idaho's blog). And I stamped on some domino pieces last night - I think I'll turn those into pins - just got to get the pin piece at Michael's this weekend.

And did some candy sticks for fall.

But I have tons left to do. My heart hasn't really been in it but I gotta kick it into gear. I sent off payments for a couple of sales (three, one weekend after another starting mid October) so gotta get it done!

Looks like I'm crafting all weekend again, but I love doing that so I don't mind. Its either that or clean the house and that isn't fun at all.

MY GALLERY
Old 09-15-2011, 11:18 AM   #2457
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrussom View Post
Went to Target, ours were at 25cents but I got some still. They had wide and college ruled, so I got both. And they had one that had grid paper in it - that was 50 cents but I bought one for my use. I think I may like that kind of paper - I did a planner last night with SU Letters to Santa paper so I could keep notes on my craft sales, what sold, where I had them, ideas, etc. I'll post a picture soon, it turned out ADORABLE!

I got lots of tags done - but I think I need to do more. When I started counting them out for bags, I realized that I only had about 10 bags, which probably isn't enough.

I did some tooth fairy tins and some other little jars (found the idea on Inkin Idaho's blog). And I stamped on some domino pieces last night - I think I'll turn those into pins - just got to get the pin piece at Michael's this weekend.

And did some candy sticks for fall.

But I have tons left to do. My heart hasn't really been in it but I gotta kick it into gear. I sent off payments for a couple of sales (three, one weekend after another starting mid October) so gotta get it done!

Looks like I'm crafting all weekend again, but I love doing that so I don't mind. Its either that or clean the house and that isn't fun at all.
I vote for crafting this weekend too! Sounds like you have a good start on things though....
Old 09-15-2011, 01:03 PM   #2458
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
This answer may not help you....but in my area it really depends. 2 years ago, I sold a ton of them! Probably close to 50...but last year maybe only 10 or so! My thought is that they are coming up with such cute designs instead of just the black marble notebooks now, that people aren't buying? IDK!

I have a cheerleader mom that I make 40 notebooks for every year, but I will probably only make about 25 for my craft shows this year.

Anyone have any ideas on cute designs for this season? I always sell a few of the Holiday Planners....so will probably make a few of them too.
Thanks for this answer! I havent ever tried to sell any of the large comp books, but I did sell some small spiral notebooks last year. I sold all the ones I had, about 30 and was regretting not having more. I am trying to do books for each group, kids, tweens, teens and adults. Of course Guys are hardest! But I did make a couple of them with baseballs. I thought they would be great for coaches! I made a few of the Holidar planners so far as well. I have been adding handmade paper beads to the ribbons that use the same paper. I love the look, but it adds a bit of time to complete them. I just got so hooked on making them!
Old 09-15-2011, 01:05 PM   #2459
Stazon Splitcoast

think sports,fishing,hunting for guys
Old 09-15-2011, 01:08 PM   #2460
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcountry311 View Post
think sports,fishing,hunting for guys
Normally I dont have issues coming up with Guy cards, but the books....a little harder since we only have a small selection of papers at our local Ms and ACMs. No specialty scrapping stores around.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:17 PM   #2461
Stazon Splitcoast

maybe wrapping paper?
Old 09-15-2011, 01:26 PM   #2462
AOK
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcountry311 View Post
maybe wrapping paper?
or fabric ? Tartan/ plaid patterns ?

I'm crafting this weekend. Nearly finished gardens and muscles are aching. Looking forward to a lovely weekend with all my crafts bits around me. I have lots of ideas just not enough time.

My Blog :http://aokspaperstuff.blogspot.com/
Old 09-15-2011, 03:31 PM   #2463
Matboard Maniac

I like SU's Well Worn DSP for masculine projects. There is also a rustic Christmas paper in the new mini with plaid and woodgrain papers.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:56 PM   #2464
Polyshrink Goddess

These are all great ideas for papers!!!! I have also seen the SU DSP, but can't really say I am a fan. Wish that Nautical paper had stayed around longer!!!
Old 09-15-2011, 07:48 PM   #2465
Stazon Splitcoast

Question Adhering Topper to Cello Bags

Craftsrlb & jenn21404 & anyone else who can help - Now that I have my toppers made, can anyone please tell me the best way to attach them to the cello bags? I put one staple in the top center of the cello bag and am planned to attach the topper over both sides to hid the staple, but the first twotoppers took more Sticky Strip tape than I care to use. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks so much, Pam
Old 09-15-2011, 08:42 PM   #2466
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelak View Post
Craftsrlb & jenn21404 & anyone else who can help - Now that I have my toppers made, can anyone please tell me the best way to attach them to the cello bags? I put one staple in the top center of the cello bag and am planned to attach the topper over both sides to hid the staple, but the first twotoppers took more Sticky Strip tape than I care to use. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks so much, Pam
I just used a colored staple (got them at dollar tree, but other places have them) on each side of the toppers I made for my items. I don't think they detract from the topper, and in fact, they are more sturdy than the tape. They hold up better when people pick things up and look at them.

Here is a link to some I made for a craft show:

Christmas Pet Treats for Craft Fair by buggainok - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 09-15-2011, 11:02 PM   #2467
AOK
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
I just used a colored staple (got them at dollar tree, but other places have them) on each side of the toppers I made for my items. I don't think they detract from the topper, and in fact, they are more sturdy than the tape. They hold up better when people pick things up and look at them.

Here is a link to some I made for a craft show:

Christmas Pet Treats for Craft Fair by buggainok - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
I use staples too. I agree they are more sturdy and too much tape used otherwise. Love the pet treats. They are so cute. TFS. Another one for the list.

Old 09-16-2011, 05:51 AM   #2468
Kookie Creator

Quote:
I use staples also, but hide them, attaching a panel or punched piece/sentiment over the staple to cover it.
craft fair 2010 by tat2girl - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
I do this for my M&M Sticks as well as anything else I package in cello bags.
This way, only the back of the staple shows and the front has a clean look.
HTH.

Sharon

PS. Bugga, I really had to look for the staples in the cat treat sample. Like the colored staple idea! TFS
Old 09-16-2011, 06:52 AM   #2469
Linking Queen

If you can't find color staples regular staples can be colored with alcohol inks (and possibly with StazOn). I've used sponge dauber to apply to the tops and sides (less messy than "drops). This is probably less expensive and certainly more customize-able.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:22 AM   #2470
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeGeeDee View Post
If you can't find color staples regular staples can be colored with alcohol inks (and possibly with StazOn). I've used sponge dauber to apply to the tops and sides (less messy than "drops). This is probably less expensive and certainly more customize-able.
You can also color staples with Sharpie pens. Just run the pen across the tops of the staples. No need to do the sides, they will be on the back and don't show. (At least to my old eyes.)

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 09-16-2011, 10:36 AM   #2471
Kookie Creator

great idea, thanks!
Old 09-16-2011, 10:43 AM   #2472
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, Ladies! I'm going to play around with staples and Sharpies and see if I can go with them. Pam
Old 09-16-2011, 11:20 AM   #2473
Glitter Guru

I got a bunch of huge pine cones, like about 5 -8 inches tall. I have glittered some and was thinking about packaging them in a clear bag with cute bow and some sort of tag that says "hope your holiday's sparkle"
does that sound dumb?

I added some ribbon to some to make ornaments but am just not feeling it..think they would look better just sitting on a mantle or something.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:10 PM   #2474
AOK
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougnat View Post
I got a bunch of huge pine cones, like about 5 -8 inches tall. I have glittered some and was thinking about packaging them in a clear bag with cute bow and some sort of tag that says "hope your holiday's sparkle"
does that sound dumb?

I added some ribbon to some to make ornaments but am just not feeling it..think they would look better just sitting on a mantle or something.
Oh Natalie, your gallery and blog are simply amazing ! I too have lots and lots of pine cones. I have them on a todo list. I would love to see what you decide to do. Your work is absolutely beautiful.

Old 09-16-2011, 03:25 PM   #2475
Glitter Guru

you are so sweet thank you for saying that. I'll make one up then post a pic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOK View Post
Oh Natalie, your gallery and blog are simply amazing ! I too have lots and lots of pine cones. I have them on a todo list. I would love to see what you decide to do. Your work is absolutely beautiful.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:01 PM   #2476
Stazon Splitcoast

Question Reindeer Food with Red Jimmies

I'm not sure if it was on this forum, but someone mentioned that instead of glitter she uses red jimmies in her reindeer food so that it will be safe for birds and wildlife that night consume it. I'm wondering if she changed the poem since her formula would sparkle in the moonlight. Hope someone has the answer or can point me in the right direction. Thanks again. Pam
Old 09-16-2011, 05:11 PM   #2477
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
I'm not sure if it was on this forum, but someone mentioned that instead of glitter she uses red jimmies in her reindeer food so that it will be safe for birds and wildlife that night consume it. I'm wondering if she changed the poem since her formula would sparkle in the moonlight. Hope someone has the answer or can point me in the right direction. Thanks again. Pam
Pam, I used the colored sugar, like on top of sugar cookies. Still food safe, it looks sparkly and with some imagination you could see it sparkle in the moonlight.

For the toppers question, I am wondering if you staple the base into the bags, and then layer a piece of Cardstock over the staples if you don't want them to show. But I also like the colored staples idea.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:11 PM   #2478
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry...I meant to say her formula WOULD NOT sparkle.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:17 PM   #2479
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Sorry...I meant to say her formula WOULD NOT sparkle.
You are right....jimmies wouldnt sparkle.

Not sure about changing the poem. There are a few different ones out there. Here's one I just found:

Be sure to take this magic food and sprinkle on the lawn,
On Christmas, Santa's reindeer travel miles before the dawn.
The smell of oats and **glitter** path will guide them on their way
And you'll wake up to Santa's gifts next morn on Christmas Day!

Maybe you could change it to Sweet smelling path?????
Sugary path?
Old 09-16-2011, 05:18 PM   #2480
Polyshrink Goddess

I found it here, and they suggested the sugar crystals too.
Magic Reindeer Food: Printable Stocking Stuffer | Organized Christmas