Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-31-2010, 03:53 AM   #1721
Crimping Master

I have never done a craft show but am thinking about it. I make altered tags, dominoes, etc. with a vintage, sentimental style. I do one of a kind creations, do you have to make more than one of the same item? If it's mandatory that one do this, how many of one thing do you make? Thank you so much!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-02-2011, 09:35 AM   #1722
Inking Addict

Cassandra, Craft Shows are great because you can make whatever you want in the quantities of each that you want. Unique sells!! Good luck to you, Maria
Old 01-02-2011, 09:59 AM   #1723
Crimping Master

Thank you Maria! Hugs
Old 01-02-2011, 11:54 AM   #1724
AOK
Rubber Obsessor

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cass2sons View Post
I have never done a craft show but am thinking about it. I make altered tags, dominoes, etc. with a vintage, sentimental style. I do one of a kind creations, do you have to make more than one of the same item? If it's mandatory that one do this, how many of one thing do you make? Thank you so much!
Cassandra, I was very new to craft shows late 2009. Since then I have done 3 more. I am relatively new to crafting and it takes me a long time to make my first item. But then I get on a roll and turn bit and pieces out pretty quickly. I think seriously about my target market and then choose items to make. I am also a firm believer in packaging. I dress items up in nice cellophane bags with eye catching toppers and matching ribbons. The number of items I make depends on the length of time it takes to make them, the cost of supplies and the price I may sell them for.

Hope that helps.

AOK
aok's paper stuff
Old 01-02-2011, 03:07 PM   #1725
Rubber Obsessor

When do you start preparing for next year's Christmas Craft Fairs?
I'm waiting for an order of test tudes to make reindeer food and thought I'd make the tags now and add the food about a month before the fair. But then again there's the question of storing them.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:57 AM   #1726
AOK
Rubber Obsessor

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by croppixie View Post
When do you start preparing for next year's Christmas Craft Fairs?
I'm waiting for an order of test tudes to make reindeer food and thought I'd make the tags now and add the food about a month before the fair. But then again there's the question of storing them.
Love your blog. You are a very talented lady. Glad your stall will not be next to mine. I'd never sell a thing.

My plan this year is to make at least 20 items a month and pack them away in a big storage Box. I prefer to craft on dark winters nights and then be free to enjoy the Summer evenings. For me its too much hassle leaving it to Autumn.
AOK
aok's paper stuff
Old 01-03-2011, 08:09 AM   #1727
Hardware Hotshot

I'm with AOK. I actually started my crafting for craft shows yesterday afternoon! I didn't start big of course, but I made a list of things I'd like to make and gathered up materials for a lot of them so I don't have to go out and buy anything for a while. I'm sure I can craft all winter without a trip to any store whatsoever. lol Storage is a little bit of an issue, but I just make space for everything. I do have the luxury of a smallish storage room right in my condo, so things go in Rubbermaid totes and get stored in there.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:16 AM   #1728
Crimping Master

I would like to try and find smaller craft shows around my area and have Googled but not sure what would be the right size to start with. I don't even know how many things you have to have with you or even how to showcase things.

Do you have tips or ideas on how to showcase altered dominoes, altered tags, etc.? Thanks!
Old 01-03-2011, 08:24 AM   #1729
Glitter Queen

Hi!

I was thinking about having a "make n take" at my craft booths for kids. Maybe a project for a dollar? What would be a good project that's not "cheesy". Not to time consuming but would help mom's stay in my booth longer. lol
Old 01-03-2011, 09:24 AM   #1730
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply stated View Post
Hi!

I was thinking about having a "make n take" at my craft booths for kids. Maybe a project for a dollar? What would be a good project that's not "cheesy". Not to time consuming but would help mom's stay in my booth longer. lol
Quick and easy 3 x 3 notecards are always a hit. Or how about a bookmark?
Old 01-03-2011, 07:48 PM   #1731
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAmomof2 View Post
Here's what I used. I printed them on the clear (frosted) labels. I would maybe change the time to microwave to 5-10 seconds. My microwave runs a little hot and 8-9 seconds was just about right.
Christel,
I made these for Christmas and the kids that came to my house just loved them, especially my 7yo ds. Thanks again so much! I will make them next year for craft fairs. I will do the ghost peeps for halloween and the snowman ones for Christmas.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:17 AM   #1732
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresa Tyree View Post
Christel,
I made these for Christmas and the kids that came to my house just loved them, especially my 7yo ds. Thanks again so much! I will make them next year for craft fairs. I will do the ghost peeps for halloween and the snowman ones for Christmas.
Theresa,

I am so happy these worked well for you. I can't remember exactly where I saw the idea for it, but it's not my original idea. I just made it my own. I made about 70 of them this holiday season, most were gifts for classmates and friends. I am planning on making some as gifts at Easter, using the classic chick peep. These were definitely very popular with everyone.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:47 AM   #1733
AOK
Rubber Obsessor

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply stated View Post
Hi!

I tried this at a summer fete last June. I prepared simple cards and altered notebooks. So all the children had to do was stick bits and pieces together. I had help but found children came along in ones and twos so therefore we had to give continuous instruction. I think if you have plenty of help it can work. Otherwise it will take you away from possible sales. Also the fair organizers had a shortage of tables and chairs so I ended up using some of my display area.
All in all it did n't work for me.

Anne
aok's paper stuff
Old 01-04-2011, 11:50 AM   #1734
Matboard Maniac

I have some items in a local shop and NEED Valentine's Day ideas very soon. Can you all make some suggestions? Also looking for cute Valentine's Day one-liners.
Thanks in advance.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:31 PM   #1735
Insane Embellisher

Default Test Tubes AND Prep for 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsruss View Post
I'm with AOK. I actually started my crafting for craft shows yesterday afternoon!
I have been spending the last few days searching the web for ideas, and finding places to buy supplies online. I am preparing a mini-catalogue for myself so I can know where to order each item at-a-glance when the time is right.

I have been eyeing the test tubes for their cute factor but haven't decided where to buy or what I want to use them for yet.
Can people share their ideas and suppliers for test tubes of various sizes?
I have been searching for a supplier for reasonably priced screw-top ones without success.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:22 PM   #1736
AOK
Rubber Obsessor

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
I have been spending the last few days searching the web for ideas, and finding places to buy supplies online. I am preparing a mini-catalogue for myself so I can know where to order each item at-a-glance when the time is right.

I have been eyeing the test tubes for their cute factor but haven't decided where to buy or what I want to use them for yet.
I have been searching for a supplier for reasonably priced screw-top ones without success.
Brilliant Diane. That is a great idea. Can you share your mini catalogue here.
I have not tried the test tubes and would love to. I agree with you re the cute factor. Customers love the cute container ideas.

Can someone share a supplier for the small round tins for tooth fairy tins. I am going to try making these this year.

Anne
aok's paper stuff
Old 01-04-2011, 01:29 PM   #1737
AOK
Rubber Obsessor

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by imlynne View Post
I have some items in a local shop and NEED Valentine's Day ideas very soon. Can you all make some suggestions? Also looking for cute Valentine's Day one-liners.
Thanks in advance.
Imlynne, I have not made any items to sell with Valentine Themes but I love following the Mish Mash Blog.

Mish Mash

She always comes up with brilliant ideas. I adapted one of her Valentine Lollipop envelopes last year for my niece to give as gifts for her school pals. They were very cheap to make and went down a treat! I am sorry my gallery is not set up yet but you will find them on my blog.

Anne
aok's paper stuff
Old 01-04-2011, 08:56 PM   #1738
Polyshrink Goddess

I haven't been here in way too long. I just wanted to stop by and say Thanks for all the inspiration this year. Sending you all happy sales dust for the up coming year.

Happy New Year!!
Old 01-05-2011, 03:18 AM   #1739
Kookie Creator

I have found the round tins at Michael's in the wedding section. They were a good price with the 40% off coupon.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:14 AM   #1740
Rubber Obsessor

Just a note to say thanks to everyone for their great ideas in this post, I've subscribed and have enjoyed reading your insights.

I usually do at least one craft show a year around Christmas. The past few years I've sold only cards. Last year I didn't do any. This year I plan to do on many more, so I've been crafting like crazy, as I feel I need to add more items to attract more visitors.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:35 AM   #1741
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Thanks in advance.
Thanks for the help. Could not find a lot of valentine stuff when I checked. I will keep looking.
Lynne
Old 01-05-2011, 09:48 AM   #1742
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Yahoo to paris062

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOK View Post
Brilliant Diane. That is a great idea. Can you share your mini catalogue here.
I have not tried the test tubes and would love to. I agree with you re the cute factor. Customers love the cute container ideas.

Can someone share a supplier for the small round tins for tooth fairy tins. I am going to try making these this year.

Anne
aok's paper stuff

Anne - I too got the small, round tins at Michael's using coupons. They are in the wedding section in a pail or bucket-type container. I think there are 30 per package. Regular price at my Mikes was $19.99. I used these for Rudolph Repair Kits this year (2010) and sold out. My price was $2 ea. I used Cherry Heads for the "noses" and printed the poem on the labels that came with the tins to put on the back.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:21 PM   #1743
AOK
Rubber Obsessor

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris062 View Post
Anne - I too got the small, round tins at Michael's using coupons. They are in the wedding section in a pail or bucket-type container. I think there are 30 per package. Regular price at my Mikes was $19.99. I used these for Rudolph Repair Kits this year (2010) and sold out. My price was $2 ea. I used Cherry Heads for the "noses" and printed the poem on the labels that came with the tins to put on the back.
Thanks Lulu and Lisa.
I will get my SIL who lives in Florida to check out Michaels for me. That is a great price with coupon. She may bring them home to me in the Spring.

Anne
aok's paper stuff
Old 01-05-2011, 02:12 PM   #1744
Rubber Obsessor

Anne I checked out your blog, your craft fair stuff is really cute.
Do you have a link for the Grinch poem? They looked so professional all packaged and hanging like that. NO wonder they sold out.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:29 PM   #1745
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Great idea, Diane!

I've been searching for a Canadian supplier for the test tubes for quite a while now. I haven't had much luck, but hopefully someone else has. I don't mind ordering from the US, it would just be easier to order within Canada.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:31 PM   #1746
AOK
Rubber Obsessor

Smile

Quote:
Do you have a link for the Grinch poem? They looked so professional all packaged and hanging like that. NO wonder they sold out.
I heard about the grinch pills I am sure on this thread and then googled for poem. To be honest I cant remember where I got the picture. I downloaded and fiddled around with it to fit my paper and tic tac boxes. There are lots of versions of pictures and poems on different blogs. Try googling grinch pills.

Hope this helps.

Anne
aok's paper stuff
Old 01-05-2011, 02:38 PM   #1747
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Hi Diane
I bought my tubes for Reindeer food here 16x125mm Polystyrene Plastic Tubes
(they just arrived today). And these cork stoppers Cork Stoppers (Size 5)

This size is not big enough for Smarties or Reese's Pieces.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:39 PM   #1748
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
I heard about the grinch pills I am sure on this thread and then googled for poem. To be honest I cant remember where I got the picture. I downloaded and fiddled around with it to fit my paper and tic tac boxes. There are lots of versions of pictures and poems on different blogs. Try googling grinch pills.

Hope this helps.

Anne
aok's paper stuff
Thanks Anne
I'll Google it. I loved how you did yours, thanks for sharing it!
Old 01-05-2011, 04:21 PM   #1749
Gabfest Goddess

Talking Grinch Poem

Quote:
Here you go:

Scrapcation Getaway: Grinch Pills --Free Scut File

www.icantbelieveimadethat.blogspot.com
Proud RAK Member
"Always do your best. What you plan now, you will harvest later." Og Mandino
Old 01-06-2011, 12:18 AM   #1750
AOK
Rubber Obsessor

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftymomto2 View Post
Thanks Mary. That's the one. Saving it now for next Christmas items.

Anne
aok's paper stuff
Old 01-06-2011, 04:10 AM   #1751
Crimping Master

Quote:
Cassandra, I was very new to craft shows late 2009. Since then I have done 3 more. I am relatively new to crafting and it takes me a long time to make my first item. But then I get on a roll and turn bit and pieces out pretty quickly. I think seriously about my target market and then choose items to make. I am also a firm believer in packaging. I dress items up in nice cellophane bags with eye catching toppers and matching ribbons. The number of items I make depends on the length of time it takes to make them, the cost of supplies and the price I may sell them for.

Hope that helps.

AOK
aok's paper stuff

Thank you AOK, yes it does help! Thanks!
Old 01-06-2011, 06:26 AM   #1752
Pearl-ExPert

I posted photos of all the stuff I made from this past Christmas Craft Sale on my blog if anyone wants to check it out....
Old 01-06-2011, 06:28 AM   #1753
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella013175 View Post
I posted photos of all the stuff I made from this past Christmas Craft Sale on my blog if anyone wants to check it out....
All your items look great! TFS!

My sometimes neglected blog
Old 01-06-2011, 11:27 AM   #1754
AOK
Rubber Obsessor

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella013175 View Post
TFS. Love your blog. I am adding doggy treats and Christmas Fudge to my list now. I am writing all these great ideas in one notebook for easy reference. Last year I spend almost more time searching online for ideas than I did crafting.

Anne
aok's paper stuff
Old 01-06-2011, 04:37 PM   #1755
Polyshrink Goddess

Default pics from this last season

Hi, just thought I would pop in and share some pics with everyone of some of the things I did during this past craft show season. I did fairly well for doing 5 shows. Some shows were better than others. This is just a sampling. The rest will be in my gallery and hopefully to my yet-to-be-launched blog.
Attached Thumbnails
dscf1594.jpg   dscf1595.jpg   dscf1598.jpg  
Old 01-06-2011, 04:42 PM   #1756
Polyshrink Goddess

Default more pics

from this past season
Attached Thumbnails
dscf1602.jpg   dscf1603.jpg   dscf1610.jpg  
Old 01-06-2011, 06:03 PM   #1757
Matboard Maniac

Lisa, your things look lovely. are those giant clothespins in the middle picture with the sunflowers?
Old 01-07-2011, 12:34 AM   #1758
Crimping Master

What a fantastic lot of goodies. Lots of time spent making these beauties.

Carol
Old 01-07-2011, 04:47 AM   #1759
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Lisa, your things look lovely. are those giant clothespins in the middle picture with the sunflowers?
imlynne - thanks and yes, they are jumbo clothespins. I love making these! A lot of women I work with have bought them from me. Its nice to walk through the office and see my work displayed on desks and shelves!
Old 01-07-2011, 04:47 AM   #1760
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieParcher View Post
What a fantastic lot of goodies. Lots of time spent making these beauties.
Thanks!