Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-15-2010, 06:02 PM   #1441
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisydilly View Post
Great craft show pics!! Can I ask what are the snowman sandwiches made of ?

And I know this was posted somewhere in in this (?) How does one make the cocoa cones? What all goes into them and what type of bags are those?

They look like Wilton's cake decorating bags that you can pick up at Michael's or Hobby Lobby, with a coupon!
www.icantbelieveimadethat.blogspot.com
Proud RAK Member
"Always do your best. What you plan now, you will harvest later." Og Mandino
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-15-2010, 06:03 PM   #1442
Gabfest Goddess

I made some Rudolph's spares this past weekend and I put a small amount of Diamond Glaze/Crystal Effects on the stamp image nose, to make it look shiny and bright!
Proud RAK Member
Old 11-15-2010, 06:07 PM   #1443
Insane Embellisher

Default Elf Pillows

Does anyone hav a picture of the elf pillows. I bought a bag of the peppermints and now I can't find the picture

Thanks

http://www.moonlightstamper.com/blog
Old 11-15-2010, 06:18 PM   #1444
Polyshrink Goddess

Just uploaded 10 pics to my gallery of the two show I did Saturday. The pics with the light table coverings were taken during set up the night before the show and the ones with the dark table coverings were taken during the show at the second location. I tried to put equal amounts of stock at ea show. I had a large floor card rack for ea show but only enough table risers for one show. The show with the darker table coverings and table risers was the show with the most sales and it also had more customer traffic and returning vendors than the show with the lighter table covers. I haven't had a chance to tally the best sellers but the coasters did well sold 5 in large basket for $22. each and some singles for $4 ea. The $1 m&m bags and the 1.25 peppermint tea with candy cane bags(red packets with teapot on it) did well too. Cards were selling too esp the $1 ones. Cannot decide whether to use the light or dark table coverings at the next show. Which do you ladies like better the biege or dark navy?
Old 11-15-2010, 08:11 PM   #1445
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
White chocolate (like little wafers that melt) are not real chocolate and are fine for dogs to eat. It is drizzled on also, so is more for the look (for us humans) than taste.
I ended up with 3 left at the end of my 2 day sale. Will definitely be heading back to Dollar Tree for more before the week-end.

here is a pic. Sorry it is dark but it was late and I was too tired to set up good lighting:
Ah my list of things to make is getting so much longer
Old 11-15-2010, 08:17 PM   #1446
Matboard Maniac

So I just found out they cancelled my event Apparently they didn't have enough vendors signed up and I know of 8 that are just so upset. So I'm going to ask where I work if we can set up a few tables.

I do have one I can attend on 4 Dec but not sure I want to do it do to trying to get ready for finals.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:25 PM   #1447
Insane Embellisher

Default Cocoa Cones

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampinrealtor View Post
Congrats Diane on a fantastic sale! Do you use the regular icing bags is that considered the small size? Thanks, Maria
thanks!
They are the small size clear cellophane cone bags. At packaging places, there are usually 2 sizes available, and these are the smaller ones.
I find the icing bags are not as clear and have a hazy look about them.

Someone else asked how you make them. Super easy!
Just measure hot chocolate powder into cone, hold upright, then add choclate chips and marshmallows and tue the bag.
TIP: If you will be transporting them around alot, it is better to put the hot chocolate powder in one cone and tie it off.. then insert the cone insider another, top with goodies and close. I don't usually do this but I do know it stops the powder from shifting and spreading to the marshmallows.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:57 PM   #1448
Mad Swapper

Quote:
thanks!
They are the small size clear cellophane cone bags. At packaging places, there are usually 2 sizes available, and these are the smaller ones.

Just measure hot chocolate powder into cone, hold upright, then add choclate chips and marshmallows and tue the bag.
TIP: If you will be transporting them around alot, it is better to put the hot chocolate powder in one cone and tie it off.. then insert the cone insider another, top with goodies and close. I don't usually do this but I do know it stops the powder from shifting and spreading to the marshmallows.
What kind of packaging places? I'm not sure what you mean, and I want to make sure I get the right ones.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:16 PM   #1449
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAmomof2 View Post
What kind of packaging places? I'm not sure what you mean, and I want to make sure I get the right ones.
They sell them at Clearbags online.
Search results for: 'cone'

I used the smaller size.
Hope that helps... and post images when you are done.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:28 PM   #1450
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueslady View Post
If you are talking about the blue circles with the snowman face, the clip art came from daisiecompany. Snowman faces
I sell them for $1.50/package.
Oh my gosh. Those faces are so cute! I went there and bought them! lol
Thanks! And they were on sale.

I have used the Laurie Furnell download for snowman for 3 years now. With these faces, I can make new styles next year.
Thanks! This was my first time downloading anything too.. and it worked!

Now...if someone would be so kind to tell me how to go about setting up my own gallery, all would be good. I cannot for the life of me find the link to get that started!
Old 11-15-2010, 10:42 PM   #1451
Matboard Maniac

Blueslady, I don't see that same face on the linked page. I like the mouth on yours and don't see it.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:29 AM   #1452
Kookie Creator

I had two different sales in the past three days. One was Saturday/Sunday and one was Monday. I didn't have time in between to see what sold from the first and what sold from the second but I did well at both! The first I made almost $300 and the second just over $200! The first sale was my first time at this sale so I didn't know what to expect. I know for next time! The second was at my work and I doubled what I did in the previous years! Yay! I did inventory last night and below is what I sold between both sales:

4 Playdoh - $2 each
1 large acrylic post it and pen (dissapointing!) - $4 each
1 smalle acrylic post it and pen (again, dissapointing) - $3 each
7 magnetic post its with pens - $4 each
5 tile dry erase boards (only sold one at the first sale and then four at the second) - $5 each
2 post it holders with pen (the Dawn Griffith style - dissapointing) - $3 each
46 large marble magnets - 3 for $1
29 small marble magnets - 5 for $1
12 money holders - $1 each or 3 for $2
18 large composition notebooks - $3 each
2 long notepads with pens (I should have made these magnetic) - $3 each
8 paperclip bookmarks - 2 for $1
19 bags of tags - $1 each
8 octagon tile magnets - $2 each
14 purse gift card holders (sold most of these at my second sale) - $2 each
48 candy stix - 17 bubble gum, 2 peanut m&m, 18 reg m&m 11 skittles - $1 each or 3 for $2
19 snowman soups - $2 each
4 filefolder notebooks with pens - $4 each
9 reindeer food (this was surprising as I couldn't keep enough in stock last year) $1 each
12 magnetic coaster calendars (sold most at my second sale) $4 each
11 santa gift card holders - $2 each
32 cards (both christmas and regular) - $3 each or 4 for $10
2 cookies in a jar (I thought this would be a good seller...nope!) - marked down to $5 each
4 sets of tile coasters - $10 each
1 nugget tin - $10 each

I still have lots of stuff left over for my sale this weekend, which is good as I don't have time to create more!

Congrats to all who had great sales and hang in there to those who didn't!

My sometimes neglected blog
Old 11-16-2010, 05:18 AM   #1453
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
thanks!

Okay found the bags easy enought now another silly question--is this just regular cocoa mix ( like you buy in the can ) and how many servings does this small cone make?
Old 11-16-2010, 06:18 AM   #1454
Matboard Maniac

Default Tumbled Tile Coasters

I have a question about these. I have tried Stazon ink only, then heat setting it, as well as craft ink with UTEE, heated, sealed (and not sealed) and in all cases, the ink did not stay on once the tile was wet. I don't like sealing the tiles because then they do not absorb the moisture, which is the point of a coaster. I finally just decided to price them individually as decorative tiles, but that is not what I really wanted to do. Can you help? Also, when doing them as decorative tiles, how do you get more than one color on them if you are using the UTEE method? Thanks for any help you can give.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:45 AM   #1455
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookskaren View Post
I have a question about these. I have tried Stazon ink only, then heat setting it, as well as craft ink with UTEE, heated, sealed (and not sealed) and in all cases, the ink did not stay on once the tile was wet. I don't like sealing the tiles because then they do not absorb the moisture, which is the point of a coaster. I finally just decided to price them individually as decorative tiles, but that is not what I really wanted to do. Can you help? Also, when doing them as decorative tiles, how do you get more than one color on them if you are using the UTEE method? Thanks for any help you can give.
I stamped mine with craft ink and then put clear embossing powder on it. I then heat set it in the oven at 350 for about 10 minutes. It seems to work fine!

My sometimes neglected blog
Old 11-16-2010, 09:09 AM   #1456
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookskaren View Post
I have been making these, and I do spray them with Krylon sealer, after using stazon ink, coloring with sharpies and heat setting them. I have been using a set in my own home. We've found that if they are exposed to direct sunlight, they do fade, but the ink hasn't come off. They may not absorb as much condensation, but I also put thick cork underneath so any run off should be caught by that. Although we don't seem to have that problem. HTH
Old 11-16-2010, 09:14 AM   #1457
Compulsive Stamper

Wow there's some fantastic sales values happening now! I'm envious!! Well done girls. Lets hope it rubs off on the rest of us!

I have some mugs I bought for chocolate cake in a mug but looking at them they're not big enough. I'm thinking of making them into snowman soups. At present the soup is just in a packet. Which one sells better do you think?
Old 11-16-2010, 09:18 AM   #1458
Rubber Obsessor

My first Christmas Bazaar is this week end. Have everything finished just trying to figure out best way to display everything. I have some pics in my gallery would really appreciate any comments and/or suggestions. Don't know how to attach to this thread and don't have time to figure it out today. THanks
Old 11-16-2010, 10:17 AM   #1459
Polyshrink Goddess

Had my church's Christmas Bazaar this weekend, and from the $952 in my available inventory, I sold $474. Considering that the craft table in total sold just over $1100, I think I did really well. Previous years, I sold only cards, but this year decided to branch out into other crafts. Besides the cards, I made 11 other types of crafts. That being said, some of the items I had that I thought would sell well, either didn't sell well or not at all - 10 packages of 6 Christmas cards which have always sold well in other years - didn't sell a single pack! And Christmas Post-it Note holders with pen didn't sell either. What I did sell were triangle boxes filled with hersheys candy cane kisses (small had 3, large had 10). Of the 30 each that I made, I sold over half. I brought all of the remainders to my workplace, and so far have sold an additional $209 worth. So, all in all I have sold $683 - $474 donated to the church, and $209 donated to our local Cancer Centre. I donate all the supplies (I submit the cost for a tax receipt donation) so everything is pure profit for the charities.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:28 AM   #1460
Rubber Obsessor

Send a message via Yahoo to blueslady

[/URL]
Quote:
Originally Posted by imlynne View Post
Blueslady, I don't see that same face on the linked page. I like the mouth on yours and don't see it.
Hi-

You are right. Too much Nyquil for me...I am home with a bug. It is actually from a download from AimeeAsher called Souper Snowman. Here is a link:
Snowman

Last edited by blueslady; 11-16-2010 at 10:29 AM.. Reason: link isn't working
Old 11-16-2010, 10:34 AM   #1461
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Okay found the bags easy enought now another silly question--is this just regular cocoa mix ( like you buy in the can ) and how many servings does this small cone make?
Yes, I use the cone shaped bags from Nashville Wraps. I put half a cup of cocoa in one cone, tie it off, insert into another cone bag. I use Bulk Swiss Miss from Sams Club. On top of the cocoa I use chocolate chips, marshmallows and sprinkles. Tie it off with a ribbon and a tag telling them how much cocoa to use. I sell mine for $3. I usually sell 50 per show. Right now Wal Mart has the snowman shaped marshmallows for $1 per bag. They make up very cute.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:19 AM   #1462
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Oh my gosh. Those faces are so cute! I went there and bought them! lol
Thanks! And they were on sale.

I have used the Laurie Furnell download for snowman for 3 years now. With these faces, I can make new styles next year.
Thanks! This was my first time downloading anything too.. and it worked!

Now...if someone would be so kind to tell me how to go about setting up my own gallery, all would be good. I cannot for the life of me find the link to get that started!

Go to the left hand side of the screen to "Around the Site", you will see "Upload a Card", just click on that and it will get you started.
Proud RAK Member
Old 11-16-2010, 11:35 AM   #1463
Crimping Master

I got my stuff back from the craft fair that was held on Sat/Sun.. I am a happy camper!! I sold almost all of my chocolate mints (5 left) , only sold 17 cards, no red/white mints sold and only one pkg. of tags. I did make 129.00 minus the table fee (50.00) ..
Attached Thumbnails
img_0007.jpg   img_0009.jpg   img_0006.jpg  
Old 11-16-2010, 11:48 AM   #1464
Insane Embellisher

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyboudreau View Post
Does anyone hav a picture of the elf pillows. I bought a bag of the peppermints and now I can't find the picture

Thanks
still looking for elf pillows....anyone??

Old 11-16-2010, 12:07 PM   #1465
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Don't have a picture but this is the

Elf Pillows

Santa came early
With all his elf fellows.
Since you were asleep
They left little elf pillows.poem (I got from from the old link.)
Old 11-16-2010, 02:07 PM   #1466
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Here is a picture I had saved from somewhere.
Attached Thumbnails
6a00e552f3c942883301053621203e970c-320wi.jpg  
Old 11-16-2010, 05:43 PM   #1467
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Here is a link for you:
It's not an ice cream..... it's a HOT CREAM CONE!!
Proud RAK Member
Old 11-16-2010, 06:31 PM   #1468
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Here is a picture I had saved from somewhere.
That's it! Thanks,

Old 11-17-2010, 07:33 AM   #1469
Cardstock Collector

I am just curious if anyone has tried selling the washer necklaces at craft fairs? If so...how much did you charge?

Also...does anyone know of a good place to purchase the mini gel pens for a good price? I am having trouble finding them.
thanks!
Old 11-17-2010, 08:10 AM   #1470
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftymomto2 View Post

Thanks for this. great link
Old 11-17-2010, 08:12 AM   #1471
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Yes, I use the cone shaped bags from Nashville Wraps. I put half a cup of cocoa in one cone, tie it off, insert into another cone bag. I use Bulk Swiss Miss from Sams Club. On top of the cocoa I use chocolate chips, marshmallows and sprinkles. Tie it off with a ribbon and a tag telling them how much cocoa to use. I sell mine for $3. I usually sell 50 per show. Right now Wal Mart has the snowman shaped marshmallows for $1 per bag. They make up very cute.

thanks for the info!! I will certainly try these next season as they look pretty easy and hopefully a good seller. With my new display rack I might sell a bit more paper goods!!!
Old 11-17-2010, 08:44 AM   #1472
Compulsive Stamper

I have learnt my lesson well! I asked hubby to order me some test tubes online , showed him what I was wanting them for (Candy/ sweets) well they arrived today and they are tiny, there is no way I would get M "n"M 'type candy in them.So , my question is , do you have any idea of what I can use these for? , I have over 100 of them! I would be ever so grateful for your ideas.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:52 AM   #1473
Compulsive Stamper

The test tubes I had were just a bit small for M&Ms or skittles so I ended up using millions.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:49 AM   #1474
Matboard Maniac

Funny you should mention this. I ordered my TTubes from OTC and they were a bit too big! Sounds like Goldilocks and the 3 bears.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:40 AM   #1475
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JADsMom View Post
I am just curious if anyone has tried selling the washer necklaces at craft fairs? If so...how much did you charge?

Also...does anyone know of a good place to purchase the mini gel pens for a good price? I am having trouble finding them.
thanks!
I get them at Staples-a pack of 12 for between $4 and $5 (sometimes they are on sale). They come in black and Multi-colored. I have heard tht some people found them at their local Dollar Store. I haven't been so lucky!
Old 11-17-2010, 12:27 PM   #1476
Inking Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JADsMom View Post

thanks!

I found packs of 12 at Hobby Lobby in the party favor section. They are colored like pink, blue, purple, yellow, orange and green. They were $2.99 a package. Good luck!

Maria
Old 11-17-2010, 12:29 PM   #1477
Inking Addict

Ok all: If you have made the snowman candy bar with the fleece hat (thanks again, Kerry!) what are you selling them for, or what have you sold them at? I don't want to overprice these. THANKS!!

Maria
Old 11-17-2010, 04:18 PM   #1478
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjen3 View Post
I have learnt my lesson well! I asked hubby to order me some test tubes online , showed him what I was wanting them for (Candy/ sweets) well they arrived today and they are tiny, there is no way I would get M "n"M 'type candy in them.So , my question is , do you have any idea of what I can use these for? , I have over 100 of them! I would be ever so grateful for your ideas.
Do they still sell miniature M&M's?
Proud RAK Member
Old 11-17-2010, 04:46 PM   #1479
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftymomto2 View Post
Do they still sell miniature M&M's?
I found them at Walmart in the holiday candy section. They were the bigger tubes and $1 each
Old 11-17-2010, 05:04 PM   #1480
Gabfest Goddess

Could bonjen use the miniature M&M's in her smaller test tubes?
Proud RAK Member