Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 04:05 AM   #41
Kookie Creator

Ryann, I just looked at your blog...great designs! And the hand sanitizer holders are so cute! Thanks for sharing!

My sometimes neglected blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-03-2010, 07:29 AM   #42
Inking Addict

For easels, try IKEA. I saw some cheap on their website. : )
Old 09-03-2010, 07:38 AM   #43
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharron246 View Post
I heard a great idea from someone to put a dish of sweets on the table.
The children come for a sweet and the Adults looked to buy.
Yes it worked, sold twice as much as before, as the Adults felt guilty of the free sweets and bought something.
My DH also gave me the same idea and he feels so happy whe he hears somebody has had success with it
Old 09-03-2010, 07:45 AM   #44
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks ladies for all the info on coffee! I'm glad to hear coffee is not considered a "bad thing" of sorts because I would love to package coffee. As people said if I'm unable to sell it then I can always give it to my family Don't have too many cocoa lovers in my family.

Delightful daisy - that's a very cute idea. I think I'm going to use that for the coffee packets!

am2106, love the idea for mocha! I think that would be so cool! If I decide to get some cocoa packets then I'm going to try some of those too!

If I keep reading this thread then I think my craft-fair-items list will become 100 items long! LOL

Oh and I got confirmation for my first craft fair yesterday! I'm so excited now!! Till yesterday I was so nervous that I'd alreday bought the raw materials and made quite a lot of stuff but I hadn't had confirmation/acceptance from any craft fair!
Old 09-03-2010, 11:57 AM   #45
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammieT View Post
Can any one direct me to where I may find cheap easals? The dollar tree just told me that they will no longer be carrying them...please help.
They carry them at Ikea, but they're rather "raw" looking.

Creative cases for your tech gadgets!
Old 09-03-2010, 12:09 PM   #46
Mad Swapper

i got my 1x8 bags today!!!! they ship super fast and i got the xtra goodies too!!!

I always have a special waiting just for YOU!
Old 09-03-2010, 01:05 PM   #47
Insane Embellisher

I just realized something I hadn't thought of before...shopping bags. What do you do for shopping bags. I looked them up and to order you have to buy 1000 of them at a time...at a price I don't want to pay. Hubby thinks I should just collect bags from the grocery store everytime I go...really...I don't think so. I was also looking at craft bags with handles on them...they aren't cheap either. So...ok...now what? I have a month and I don't want to order something at the last min. just to find out it won't be here in time. Thanks for any info
Old 09-03-2010, 01:34 PM   #48
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampnsk8r View Post
I just realized something I hadn't thought of before...shopping bags. What do you do for shopping bags. I looked them up and to order you have to buy 1000 of them at a time...at a price I don't want to pay. Hubby thinks I should just collect bags from the grocery store everytime I go...really...I don't think so. I was also looking at craft bags with handles on them...they aren't cheap either. So...ok...now what? I have a month and I don't want to order something at the last min. just to find out it won't be here in time. Thanks for any info
I bought the plastic retail handle bags from Clear Bags and plan to use those. Plus my dad got some extra large plastic white handle bags from work (they were getting rid of them) and we will use those when (IF) someone buys a bunch of stuff. I just got the 8x10 bags FROST color (clear). It's $3.10 for 100. I bought bookmark sleeves and the 1x8 bags at the same time so the shipping didn't seem outrageous. They have them in all kinds of colors too. I am going to put a label on them so it's more of a custom bag.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:08 PM   #49
Embossing Fanatic

I make my own out of those craft bags with the handles. I buy them with my 40% off coupons and then I decorate them myself. I have to redo the ones I have because I changed my business name. Hope that helps.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:18 PM   #50
Hardware Hotshot

I've seen lots of shopping bags on Etsy as well. You just need to search the supply section. They're sold in smaller lots which makes them very affordable and you can get cute colors.

I started my mega-craft-a-thon this evening. lol We have Hurricane Earl blowing through in the next twelve hours, so I'm all bunkered down and going to spend the day working on craft fair stuff. I created a spreadsheet of the items I'm hoping to have and keeping track of what I've made in that spreadsheet. It really helps me to see my progress. Also, I have a column for how much I'm charging for that item and I can see my total possible profits climb each time I make something, which is good for motivation.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:24 PM   #51
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123456hm View Post
For easels, try IKEA. I saw some cheap on their website. : )
try the christmas tree shop.
or oriental trading.com
Old 09-03-2010, 03:18 PM   #52
Rubber Obsessor

We're at a big show this weekend! I'm disappointed I didn't get more things done than we had at the show this summer, but we're sharing a space with my MIL so I think it will be ok. And that's just life! Hopefully ppl will be bringing money to spend!
Old 09-03-2010, 03:59 PM   #53
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
In past years I have gotten good prices on small flat white and brown bags ( approx 5x7 size) at the Flower factory but haven't been there yet this year. I stamp a cute image on them and thank you in stazon. They are great for cards and smaller items. I also picked up some little brown paper lunch bag at the Dollar tree and stamp the front of them too. Yes I do save bags all year when I go shopping to recycle and use. The ones that are plastic all white with the thankyou on them are the only ones I use for the items to big to fit in the smaller hand stamped bags. ( I NEVER use the ones from the grocery store as they are not nice looking after toting sweaty milk jugs or veggies and other food items. ) As soon as I get home I make sure they are smoothed out and folded into a little square and I put them in a small plastic bin to keep them neat and clean and use them at my shows. They are especially usefull if someone walks up to my booth with alot of little packages in their hands and I offer them one of the recycled plastic bags to put everything in and then their hands are free to shop at my booth. Then I use my decorated ones to put their purchases in.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:04 PM   #54
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by loribelle3 View Post
We're at a big show this weekend! I'm disappointed I didn't get more things done than we had at the show this summer, but we're sharing a space with my MIL so I think it will be ok. And that's just life! Hopefully ppl will be bringing money to spend!
Hope you have a great show and above all else Have Fun and Enjoy the Day!
Old 09-03-2010, 04:10 PM   #55
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by dderbini View Post
I make my own out of those craft bags with the handles. I buy them with my 40% off coupons and then I decorate them myself. I have to redo the ones I have because I changed my business name. Hope that helps.
If you talking about the smaller ones like at Michaels, I bought some of these to make into gift bags with a tag to sell.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:10 PM   #56
Die Cut Diva

FYI, I also have a friend who sales little white, red and black paper bags as well as glassine bags. These make great packaging, as well as bags to decorate and place smaller purchases.

Its in the Bag
Old 09-03-2010, 04:35 PM   #57
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
I bought a pack of 100 brown paper lunch bags at the grocery store for $2.50 and then stamp a floral pattern on them in darker colors. So far everything I make fits in them - including the large composition notebooks!

Good luck!
Old 09-03-2010, 04:50 PM   #58
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via MSN to MissJessicaNichole Send a message via Yahoo to MissJessicaNichole

subbing!!! I thought I lost you girls!!
Old 09-03-2010, 05:16 PM   #59
Rubber Obsessor

Whew! I just finished my 5-part series on craft fair tips and I'm wrapping things up with a special creative contest. If you are participating in a craft fair, go to my blog and add your best project to be entered to win some Holiday mini bling.

The blog posts on craft fair tips are a little further down on my blog, so scroll down if you are interested. Each day, I also featured a special craft fair project and included a few video tutorials.

www.thestampdoc.com
Old 09-03-2010, 07:51 PM   #60
Compulsive Stamper

Send a message via Yahoo to grammieT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAstamper View Post
What do you use them for? They had some at my Dollar Tree and I thought I might "need" them for something, but passed since I didn't have an immediate use for them.

BTW, my Dollar Tree also had some 5-pack mini gel pens in that I hadn't seen before. They are an assorted pack of bright colors - purple, yellow, aqua, pink and lime green - in a zipper bag. Sorry I don't have a pic - my computer is being wonky with my SD card. Just opened one of the bags - won't be able to use the yellow one w/ post-it note holders as the ink is also yellow...They're cute, though.
I am using them for table top display's as well as for my dry erase brds. I stopped by every Dollar Tree around my area (& belive me when I say I live in large area) looking and only found 2, and when I called the office to order them by bulk they told me they were discontinuing them now I have to figure out a way to get them ...I have my very fist show in Oct....so excited...BTW Thank you for getting back with me Would luv to see a pic.... I will fur sure be looking for the mini's there instead of my usual....
Old 09-03-2010, 07:55 PM   #61
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcountry311 View Post
try the christmas tree shop.
or oriental trading.com
Thank you so much...
Old 09-03-2010, 08:01 PM   #62
Cardstock Collector

Send a message via MSN to craftymomof5
Smile

Quote:
Can any one direct me to where I may find cheap easals? The dollar tree just told me that they will no longer be carrying them...please help.
just went onto dollar tree dot com and you can order wooden or metal easels by the case...just a thought for you
Old 09-03-2010, 09:29 PM   #63
Insane Embellisher

Thanks so much for all the bag suggestions. I just didn't want to feel like I've left that for last. I like the idea of using lunch bags and decorating them myself. I think I might order some a little bit larger from Etsy just in case. I am so grateful to you guys...I don't know that I would have ventured to do a show had I not checked out the thread. Thank you all so much.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:38 AM   #64
Insane Embellisher

I've made this tea light gift holder for the inspiration challenge and thought they would be a fun addition to the show...I'm going to add ribbon. I was thinking $4 or $5 (tea lights are super cheap and this is super easy)...what do you think?

Last edited by stampnsk8r; 09-04-2010 at 06:39 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 09-04-2010, 07:07 AM   #65
Crimping Master

Quote:
I've made this tea light gift holder for the inspiration challenge and thought they would be a fun addition to the show...I'm going to add ribbon. I was thinking $4 or $5 (tea lights are super cheap and this is super easy)...what do you think?
Very Cute! I like that DSP...
Can you burn the candles in the holder though?
Old 09-04-2010, 07:20 AM   #66
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitysmom View Post
Very Cute! I like that DSP...
Can you burn the candles in the holder though?
no...just for gift giving. I'll have to make sure I add a disclaimer tag that says "remove from wrapper before buring" & To/From on the other.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:38 AM   #67
RHS
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeteens View Post
Canadian ladies be wary about ordering stuff from the States. I ordered from Specialty Bottle (the nugget tins) and because my order was over $20 (21.00 to be exact) I am being charged a brokerage fee! I did not realize this as I don't order on-line very often. So keep it under $20 and you will be ok! Those nugget tins are turning out to be more expensive every day!

Not all on-line stores are alike. I buy from GinaK and am never charged any brokerage fee nor the HST nor handling fee by customs. Actually, only once did I get nailed for the taxes and that was for an order over $100+. It may be in how the store mails things, I don't know but I've been super pleased with ordering from GinaK. And her shipping fees are low.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:50 AM   #68
Inking Addict

It depends on what you are ordering and where you are ordering from when they charge broker fees. Or that's been my experience....
Old 09-04-2010, 11:47 AM   #69
Matboard Maniac

Grammy T, instead of little easels for your displays, could you use the clip binders to hold up your signs? That's what some crafters here say they do.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:07 PM   #70
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
I am using them for table top display's as well as for my dry erase brds. I stopped by every Dollar Tree around my area (& belive me when I say I live in large area) looking and only found 2, and when I called the office to order them by bulk they told me they were discontinuing them now I have to figure out a way to get them ...I have my very fist show in Oct....so excited...BTW Thank you for getting back with me Would luv to see a pic.... I will fur sure be looking for the mini's there instead of my usual....
I love using easels too. I got mine a few years back and think I purchased them from the Flower Factory. They are black metal ones. I have a couple large ones and several small ones and will be looking for more too. I will let you know if I find any this year. Would love to see what you do with your dry erase boards. I have only decorated 2 so far. Pics are in my gallery. Also would love some advice on what to price altered dry erase boards. I have never sold them before and really at a loss for what they will sell for.
I am from Ohio too but not sure where Grove City is. Where is you show in October??
Old 09-04-2010, 01:09 PM   #71
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhb1281 View Post
I love using easels too. I got mine a few years back and think I purchased them from the Flower Factory. They are black metal ones. I have a couple large ones and several small ones and will be looking for more too. I will let you know if I find any this year. Would love to see what you do with your dry erase boards. I have only decorated 2 so far. Pics are in my gallery. Also would love some advice on what to price altered dry erase boards. I have never sold them before and really at a loss for what they will sell for.
I am from Ohio too but not sure where Grove City is. Where is you show in October??
Yeppers, I am in Columbus area, and have found them at flower factory....hurray.....thanks again gals, you are all the best and reading this forum has me even more exited to do my show..you are all so helpful!
Old 09-04-2010, 07:11 PM   #72
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeteens View Post
Canadian ladies be wary about ordering stuff from the States. I ordered from Specialty Bottle (the nugget tins) and because my order was over $20 (21.00 to be exact) I am being charged a brokerage fee! I did not realize this as I don't order on-line very often. So keep it under $20 and you will be ok! Those nugget tins are turning out to be more expensive every day!
It really depends on the shipping method and if the seller has its own broker if you get charged brokerage. I've ordered lots from the states and only charged it once, but boy was it a dilly of a charge- half the price of the product and through UPS. I've never been charged brokerage if I ship through the post office.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:21 PM   #73
Mad Swapper

Default Plastic Bags

Quote:

100 for $6.00
100 8"x4"x15" PLASTIC THANK YOU T-SHIRT SHOPPING BAGS - eBay (item 280474179738 end time Oct-01-10 13:53:51 PDT)
Old 09-04-2010, 09:23 PM   #74
Glitter Queen

Default bump

bump
Old 09-04-2010, 10:28 PM   #75
Insane Embellisher

thanks for the bag link...

I have another question...I asked on the last thread but don't recall anybody answering. I've made mostly A2 size cards. I was wondering if you made more A2 or do you make larger cards and which one sells better? TIA for any input.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:28 AM   #76
Crimping Master

Quote:
Yeppers, I am in Columbus area, and have found them at flower factory....hurray.....thanks again gals, you are all the best and reading this forum has me even more exited to do my show..you are all so helpful!
Hey! I am originally from Gahanna, Ohio! GO BUCKS!
Going home next weekend and will have to check out Flower Factory...never heard of it! Can you tell me where to find it?

Thanks -
Beth
Old 09-05-2010, 04:34 AM   #77
Hardware Hotshot

I just put bails on 20 glass tile pendants that I made yesterday. I'll wait the 24 hours for the E6000 to set up and I'll call them done. They look really cute so far! I don't have the ball chains that I ordered for them yet but they should be here this week. Along with that I made some magnets with smaller glass tiles that I had and clothespin magnets. Have a good start on the composition notebook journals, coaster calendars (just waiting on the calendars I ordered) a couple of jewelery boxes, and acrylic post it holders. Not bad for one days work!

I also wanted to share a sign idea that I had that is going well so far. I had some grout left over from a recent tile job and was wondering what I could do with it. I had seen these little free standing price holders and thought I'd try and replicate them. I put some mixed grout in a disposable cup, inserted a popsicle stick and let that all set up. Next I'm going to spray paint them and then put a little clothespin on the top of the popsicle stick. They're sturdy enough to not fall over when I put the price sign in the popsible stick and can easily be decorated with a little piece of ribbon or something like that. Actually, now that I think about it they might make cute place holders or photo holders as well!
Old 09-05-2010, 05:03 AM   #78
Crimping Master

Default Shopping Bgas for Craft Shows

Quote:
Thanks so much for all the bag suggestions. I just didn't want to feel like I've left that for last. I like the idea of using lunch bags and decorating them myself. I think I might order some a little bit larger from Etsy just in case. I am so grateful to you guys...I don't know that I would have ventured to do a show had I not checked out the thread. Thank you all so much.
For the smaller items, I will also be using the white and red lunch bags - I have my daughter stamp them for me. I place an address label with my store/contact information on the bag as well.

For the larger purchases, I will be using some plastic shopping bags (with handle cut-out) that I bought on etsy. I have a much larger sticker with my store and contact information that I will apply to the front. I also stamped a little flower on each label. SO easy and inexpensive!

Here is a quick pix:
100_5878.jpg

Hope that helps!
Beth
Old 09-05-2010, 05:08 AM   #79
Kookie Creator

I'm going to make Winter Survival Kits since my show is in late November, and so far I have these ideas to include:

- hand sanitizer
- hand lotion
- cocoa mix
- hand warmers
- chicken soup
- kleenex pack

Any other ideas you can think of? Thanks in advance!
Old 09-05-2010, 09:54 AM   #80
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetickatie View Post
I'm going to make Winter Survival Kits since my show is in late November, and so far I have these ideas to include:

- hand sanitizer
- hand lotion
- cocoa mix
- hand warmers
- chicken soup
- kleenex pack

Any other ideas you can think of? Thanks in advance!

some small cocolates?
mints?