Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-08-2010, 01:16 PM   #681
Rubber Obsessor

Trish~ Mine's not a card rack, but it has 20 hooks on each of the 4 sides to hang stuff off of Yeah they have all that stuff out in front of ours and that's the only reason I saw it. I just happened to be driving by and turned around to go look at! Couldn't believe it was only $1!

Altered by Jenn
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-08-2010, 02:38 PM   #682
Compulsive Stamper

Drat - thought I'd posted this here, sorry - it's on the old thread too now!

Hi ladies. just popping on to post (should do this more often!) to show you my practice set up for my stall - here. I haven't put the chocolate cloths on the table as it was only supposed to take 20 mins! The table is a standard stall size for over here - 6' by 3'. I was trying to see how much I could cram onto it for Christmas without overloading it like a car boot sale! I will have all my usual cards and stuff under the table for those needing the usual, non-christmassy stuff.

I know I love looking at other people's set ups do I hope this may be useful to someone.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:48 PM   #683
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Easels

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammieT View Post
Can any one direct me to where I may find cheap easals? The dollar tree just told me that they will no longer be carrying them...please help.
I found smaller wooden ones in ACMoore. In like the back to school stuff. They were $1.
However I also looked in the framing department and bought Plate stands. Not sure what you are looking to use them for, but that may be an option.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:59 PM   #684
Crimping Master

Got my rack at the Goodwill last spring,not really tall but good enough. Also I have picked up a few plate holders that I put wicker plates or "short"baskets with smaller items in. One I use for my $1.00 items,the other I will use for my mix and match $1.50 or 4 for $5.00. Did spray paint wrack and plate holders black for the "uniform" look too.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:26 PM   #685
Pearl-ExPert

Elin, your stuff is so cute and your display looks very nice especially like the vertical display! What did you use for it?
Old 10-08-2010, 10:43 PM   #686
Polyshrink Goddess

I just wanted to stop by and say thanks for all of the inspiration. My first craft fair is tomorrow. I'll post pics after. (I actually remembered to pack the camera...now...if I remember to use it)

Have a good weekend and good luck for everybody with a sale this weekend.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:43 AM   #687
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by smriti View Post
Elin, your stuff is so cute and your display looks very nice especially like the vertical display! What did you use for it?
Thank you. It's a table top cards stand on the right, and the piggy wands are stood on acrylic display risers. Which reminds me - they really need a clean before today's outing.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:17 AM   #688
Rubber Obsessor

my next show is a week from today...hoping it's better than the last one - since I looked at my display from a customer's view, I've made some changes - next week will tell me if it's working - I've taken my best photos of my work (don't use 'auction' size, they blow up fuzzy) and had staples enlarge them to about 17 x 24...be careful with the size as after a certain size, it's 8.00 a square foot - cut a standard 20 x30 black foamboard in half and mounted the photos on that - using my 40% coupon at mike's or a.c., I've bought the large plate holders and put the photo boards on them...they make a nice background and highlight my best work - also picked up a wood floor easel at a tag sale for $5. and put that behind the table - I keep saying I'm taking photos, but this time I have a friend with me, so no excuses
hope this helps...carole
Old 10-09-2010, 09:43 AM   #689
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampnsk8r View Post
I just wanted to stop by and say thanks for all of the inspiration. My first craft fair is tomorrow. I'll post pics after. (I actually remembered to pack the camera...now...if I remember to use it)

Have a good weekend and good luck for everybody with a sale this weekend.
Best of luck at your first craft fair

Altered by Jenn
Old 10-09-2010, 12:48 PM   #690
Polyshrink Goddess

Elin, your display is very nice! Hope everyone having a show today is doing great!! I am going to the Waynesville, Ohio Sauerkraut Festival tomorrow as a customer. It is a huge out side show. Anyone setting up a booth there?
Old 10-09-2010, 02:07 PM   #691
Gabfest Goddess

Here is a cute idea:
STMC27-Penguin Poop Pail by 1pamperedstamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
www.icantbelieveimadethat.blogspot.com
Proud RAK Member
"Always do your best. What you plan now, you will harvest later." Og Mandino
Old 10-09-2010, 03:36 PM   #692
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhb1281 View Post
Elin, your display is very nice! Hope everyone having a show today is doing great!! I am going to the Waynesville, Ohio Sauerkraut Festival tomorrow as a customer. It is a huge out side show. Anyone setting up a booth there?

Bummer is that show allready over?? I always miss it and would just once like to go up. Price and restrictions way too high for my small scale doings. but I hear tell it is a good seller
Old 10-09-2010, 04:04 PM   #693
Polyshrink Goddess

ok...I'm back to report...

First...the bad news...I had a grumpy neighbor, my pants zipper and button broke (these are my really big comfy pants too), and I lost my voice half way through.

The good news...I made booth fees and a little bit of profit.

I sold 5 tile coaster sets, lots of bookmarks, lots of matchbook notes, a few pumpkin kisses and several cards. The rest...just sat there. Only sold 1 post it.

I had tile magnets as well as tile coasters, gumball treat bags, pumpkin kisses (candy corn), cards, post it note holders, matchbook notes, bookmarks, mini journals...and a few other things I can't remember at the moment. I'm just a little cooked...was hot today. I'll post pics tomorrow.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:14 PM   #694
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisydilly View Post
Bummer is that show allready over?? I always miss it and would just once like to go up. Price and restrictions way too high for my small scale doings. but I hear tell it is a good seller
The Waynesville Sauerkraut Festival started today and is open all day (Sunday) tomorrow, so come on up. I used to go every year, but haven't gone in years. I am going tomorrow to shop and talk to the vendors. It draws the largest crowd ever year after year. I have never done an outside show, maybe someday. Tomorrow I want to see if people are buying or just looking and also check out some of the antiques stores that line that street. Hope you get to go.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:12 PM   #695
Rubber Obsessor

Lisa~ Glad you made your booth fee plus some profit! Sorry about your pants and voice though

Altered by Jenn
Old 10-10-2010, 09:21 AM   #696
Insane Embellisher

For those of you looking to raise your table height, I saw a set of 4 bed risers at Big Lots for $15 on Friday. They had lots too.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:05 PM   #697
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I had a craft show yesterday that was a dud! It was at the parking lot of a church for their 1st annual Oktoberfest. There wasn't a big turnout unfortunately. Luckily the booth fee was free.

I sold around 5 Post-it note holders and only 3 cards as well as some decorated lollipops I'd made. Over all not a good day. I have another show next weekend that I don't need to prepare for since I didn't sell much yesterday - so that is my silver lining
Old 10-10-2010, 12:14 PM   #698
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsalamon View Post
I had a craft show yesterday that was a dud! It was at the parking lot of a church for their 1st annual Oktoberfest. There wasn't a big turnout unfortunately. Luckily the booth fee was free.

I sold around 5 Post-it note holders and only 3 cards as well as some decorated lollipops I'd made. Over all not a good day. I have another show next weekend that I don't need to prepare for since I didn't sell much yesterday - so that is my silver lining
Ryann~ Sorry the show was a dud! Way to look at the silver lining though

Altered by Jenn
Old 10-10-2010, 12:17 PM   #699
Rubber Obsessor

My dad is the best He's working with me to get a banner made (by him). He just needs to find out if the company he works for can do what I want done and then they'll be able to make it. He's even talking about doing a canvas with the same info for my table (if I don't feel like hanging the banner.) I was just going to buy a blank banner and put vinyl lettering on it LOL! My sister said that he's having fun helping me and that makes me so happy

Altered by Jenn
Old 10-10-2010, 12:57 PM   #700

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn21404 View Post
My dad is the best He's working with me to get a banner made (by him). He just needs to find out if the company he works for can do what I want done and then they'll be able to make it. He's even talking about doing a canvas with the same info for my table (if I don't feel like hanging the banner.) I was just going to buy a blank banner and put vinyl lettering on it LOL! My sister said that he's having fun helping me and that makes me so happy
I currently have a pennant banner I made that says "paper crafts" but now I'm wondering if I should have a bigger banner behind me too that is easier to read? Now you've got me thinking!!
Old 10-10-2010, 01:20 PM   #701
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampnsk8r View Post
ok...I'm back to report...

First...the bad news...I had a grumpy neighbor, my pants zipper and button broke (these are my really big comfy pants too), and I lost my voice half way through.

The good news...I made booth fees and a little bit of profit.

I sold 5 tile coaster sets, lots of bookmarks, lots of matchbook notes, a few pumpkin kisses and several cards. The rest...just sat there. Only sold 1 post it.

I had tile magnets as well as tile coasters, gumball treat bags, pumpkin kisses (candy corn), cards, post it note holders, matchbook notes, bookmarks, mini journals...and a few other things I can't remember at the moment. I'm just a little cooked...was hot today. I'll post pics tomorrow.
So glad you had a profit!! Your coasters are very nice! Glad to hear you sold 5 sets!! Looking forward to seeing your pics!
Old 10-10-2010, 01:25 PM   #702
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Free booth fee and exposure to customers is nice. Sorry sales weren't higher.
Old 10-10-2010, 01:27 PM   #703
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
For those of you looking to raise your table height, I saw a set of 4 bed risers at Big Lots for $15 on Friday. They had lots too.
I got mine at bed bath and beyond for $5 or $7 a set of 4 last year. I haven't looked this year.
Old 10-10-2010, 01:56 PM   #704
Polyshrink Goddess

Well I went to the Sauerkraut Festival today. Very hot and sunny! Mid 80's which is very warm this time of year here. Lots of people and yes they were buying. I bought 3 things myself. One was from a vendor getting ready to retire and she sold me one of her earring racks for $5!! I will post a pic later. I talked to several venders that have done this show for years. Booth fee is $250 for 2 days and it was almost shoulder to shoulder people. They said yes people were still buying but they all told me that the sales were lower this year than previous years, but still good. One paper crafter of cards that I have seen over the years at shows around here sells very nice crafted cards for 2.50 a card or 10 for $20. I didn't get a chance to talk to her this time, she was with a customer. She has been around several years so she must do well with her cards to afford the higher booth fees. And her racks were looking on the empty side. At another booth I saw a basket of altered comp books very nice vintage style and you are not going to believe this............they were priced at $20!! This was out in front of one of the antique stores and they are sold in the store for $20 each without a pen and not packaged!! She said they have been selling at that price but would't say how many had sold. I only have $6 on mine with a pen. Maybe I will try to do some more elaborate vintage ones with a higher price. Another lady does photography cards 4x6 photos on 5x7 cards and sells for 3.50ea or 4 for 12 and she said they were still selling well. Beautiful photos and a large variety. Last year I dropped my prices to 3.00ea and 4 for 11. due to slower sales. Daisydilly did you make it to Waynesville today??
Old 10-10-2010, 03:31 PM   #705
Rubber Obsessor

Had to sit home today with a sick grandchild. I love going up to Waynesville but we don't get there too often (even thought its only about an hours or so drive). Will try to keep the date time so maybe next year!!! Hope you had a great time

Last edited by daisydilly; 10-10-2010 at 03:35 PM..
Old 10-10-2010, 05:18 PM   #706
Compulsive Stamper

Send a message via Yahoo to grammieT

Ok, I was wondering if anyone know of any place that sells card racks? I know I seen it on here before but can not find now of course when I have the $$....my first craft show has went wel will post pics soon! Thanks to you all for all the help and ideas....xoxoxo's
Old 10-10-2010, 06:10 PM   #707

Quote:
Ok, I was wondering if anyone know of any place that sells card racks? I know I seen it on here before but can not find now of course when I have the $$....my first craft show has went wel will post pics soon! Thanks to you all for all the help and ideas....xoxoxo's
I bought my spinning card rack from POP Displays, Point of Sale Display, Poster Frames, Retail Stands, Magazine Racks, Fixtures, Trade Show Displays, Banner Stands, Display Cases, Sign Holders, Digital Signage, Store Fixtures and Displays plus much more!

I was able to get a spinner that was on sale at the time (I've had for about 6 months now).

Good luck!
Old 10-10-2010, 06:24 PM   #708
Compulsive Stamper

Send a message via Yahoo to grammieT

Quote:
thank you thank you
Old 10-10-2010, 07:11 PM   #709
Pearl-ExPert

Lisa good to hear that you're happy with your sales!

Ryan, so sorry to hear about your fair. All the best for your next one!
Old 10-10-2010, 10:08 PM   #710
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhb1281 View Post
I got mine at bed bath and beyond for $5 or $7 a set of 4 last year. I haven't looked this year.
Oops!! I meant to type $5, not $15!!
Old 10-11-2010, 04:49 AM   #711
Hardware Hotshot

I spent my weekend going to big Fall Crafting festivals.. and I did not see one paper crafter there! This was in Several towns and lots of traffic. I am thinking of getting brave and getting a spot next year. All of you have so many great ideas.... I just need to get brave and step out. I did see pebble magnets selling great at one stand... it was the only thing I saw that was paper related... I dont think they were stamped though... looked like a copied image or printed. Can anyone who makes these thell me the best place to buy the flat round magnets? I have some really strong magnets that are round, but are too thick for the pebble. Can anyone shed some light? I would like to try them out and any other help would be appreciated. What glue too.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:18 AM   #712
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Anyone know where I can get comp books for a good price?

Unfortunately, I only bought 25 of the comp books when they were on sale for $.25, thinking that would be more than I would ever need. Now, I need more for craft shows and some individual orders. The best price I have seen is $1.00 at Dollar Tree and this week at Staples. Anyone know of any for less?

Thanks!

Pat
Old 10-11-2010, 07:29 AM   #713
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by patscrap View Post
Unfortunately, I only bought 25 of the comp books when they were on sale for $.25, thinking that would be more than I would ever need. Now, I need more for craft shows and some individual orders. The best price I have seen is $1.00 at Dollar Tree and this week at Staples. Anyone know of any for less?

Thanks!

Pat
I found some last week for 25 cents again at Walmart, but maybe they just had them left from the sale.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:32 AM   #714
Rubber Obsessor

Default Reporting back

Whew, what a wild weekend! We had 2 shows that we split with my in-laws. One was Thurs, Fri, Sat and the other Sat and Sun. We worked together except for the Saturday we split. I am exhausted! The good news is that the shows were both good ones.

I'm a bit perplexed though, because of the 3 big shows we've done this fall, different things have sold well. At one, my paper things--large notebooks, post it's and mailboxes--sold well. At another, my tile magnets did the best. At a third, the tile coasters were the best sellers. It's hard for me to figure out what to focus on. After the first show, I was tempted to not sell the paper products, but now I don't know. Plus, we have some wood crafts that we just didn't have ready for these shows, but we'd like to try. I need focus!!!! Any suggestions?

TIA
Old 10-11-2010, 11:51 AM   #715
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcountry311 View Post
where's your fair?
My craft fair on November 6th is in Mukilteo, Washington. It's North of Seattle, almost to Everett. I am also doing one in December in Monroe, Washington.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:01 PM   #716
Rubber Obsessor

I seriously need to quit looking at blogs and such! I keep getting all these wonderful ideas but not sure I'll have the space for all of them

Altered by Jenn
Old 10-11-2010, 02:35 PM   #717
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn21404 View Post
I seriously need to quit looking at blogs and such! I keep getting all these wonderful ideas but not sure I'll have the space for all of them
I so agree with you, Jen! I made 24 file folder notepads today. My friend bought 10 last night, so I needed to resupply. So I'm going to stay off of here and the other 10,000 blogs I usually read and keep my nose to the grind stone. Only 4 more days to get things done before this Saturday's show. Yikes, where is the time going?
I found a 5 tiered stand with 5 arms on each tier that spins and is about 5 1/2feet tall at a craft surplus sale this weekend for $10! cha ching! It comes apart in three pieces and is light enough to carry, but still sturdy.
On a separate note...Has anyone done the fleece or felted flowers made with the sizzix circles #2 die? Wondering how much to sell them for. I have attached them to pin backs, headbands and hairclips. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sharon
Old 10-11-2010, 02:39 PM   #718
Insane Embellisher

Hi I've ordered embossing, and spellbinders from USA, and have been very very happy delivery (cheapest rate) i got them in 2 weeks, and the prices are way cheaper than I can find them here in Australia. I certainly think I'VE GOT ALL THAT I NEED. STOP STOP no more buying ehhehehe - cheers Maria
Old 10-11-2010, 03:07 PM   #719
Rubber Obsessor

Smile

Quote:
also try ebay...I got 2 spinning peg racks...the seller is 'cheapbidsforyou' - he sells all kinds of display items and great service too - FYI, those racks are worth their weight in gold - I put my scrabble tiles, etc. on them and they sold very well - eye level to the customer and lots of room to see all your items
good luck, carole
Old 10-11-2010, 03:08 PM   #720
SuG
Forum Fanatic

stampinssk8ter_ did you fill your tiles in with grout before you stamped them? i have never seen that done before. I painstakingly go through every box and pull out the ones that don't have holes. It is a pain.