Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree351Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-28-2010, 08:42 AM   #481
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresa Tyree View Post
I really like the one at displays2go- especially the price! But being the picky person that I am, I wanted to be able to display cards both vertically and horizontally, so I'm considering this:

https://www.clearlds.com/productcart...&idproduct=454

What do you think?
Theresa: I LOVED the one from displays2go, too; but the shipping was just too rich for my blood. I found one I liked almost as much at Store Supply Warehouse: Greeting Card Racks | Counter Top & Spinner Greeting Card Racks

Their floor stand is only $49 and because they have warehouses on both coasts (I think), their shipping was waaayyyy cheaper for me than displays2go. I was able to purchase two tabletop spinners for the price that I would've paid for one from displays2go.

I'm anxious to get these....if they work well during my upcoming craft fairs, I may go ahead and get the floor spinner too, adding more display space.

HTH (and let us know what you decide!),
Kat
"Be Still and Know That I Am God" Ps. 46:10
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-28-2010, 09:56 AM   #482
Kookie Creator

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try to get some pictures taken. I'm not very savvy with a camera! LOL!

My sometimes neglected blog
Old 09-28-2010, 10:28 AM   #483
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
OK, I finally broke down and decided! I ordered the 24 card spinner from Displays2Go. I looked all over and it was the cheapest even with the shipping costing more than the actual item. Very weird!
Since I was paying shipping anyhow, I bought a standard spinner rack also to hang things from.
Shipping was $42 to Washington! ouch!

I sure hope my sales go up to justify this extra $100. My hubby says it's an investment. But I am not feeling it yet because I have been paying out too much up front for table fees too! lol
Exactly what my hubby says--it is an investment. I'm hoping to see some profit from it! Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I'm EXCITED! lol
Old 09-28-2010, 10:43 AM   #484
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Here are some pics of things I have made for my craft shows.
Beaded pens, Beaded bookmarks, and Ribbon hairclips.
Your things look great, and I like the idea of the bookmark. Will you share details on how you made it? Pebble magnets like it have been a good seller for me. TIA!
Old 09-28-2010, 10:50 AM   #485
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeteens View Post
So how many different things do you all have at your craft sales? I have been working on quite a bit of things and hope I don't have too many different items! I have:

Post its - acrylic frames, coaster frames and notebook type
M&M treat bags
Covered long note pads
Home made play doh
Covered journals and pens
Colour me card kits
Cards
Bags of Tags
Tile magnets
A couple altered lunch tins
Tile erase boards
snowman soup
paper clip bookmarks
marble magnets
money holders and gift card holders
decorated frames
notebooks from folders

And I still want to do tile coasters, cookies/brownies in a jar and doggie/kitty treats, reindeer food, nugget tins

Seems like a lot now that it is all in writing! LOL

Think it's too much? Should I ditch the tile coasters and doggie/kitty treats?

Thanks for your help!
I'm having the same problem. I've realized that I am making crafts that can be categorized into either wood, paper or tile....but I'm struggling to figure out how to set it all up in an 8 foot space for my next show. Next year I will get 2 spaces for this one, but at the time I signed up, I wasn't sure how much product I would have. I think I'm going to use pegboard for my paper products (notebooks, post its), the table for the tiles, and the wood...I'm not sure yet! LOL Plus the card rack for my cards! DH is making me a fancy thing for my magnets, so that's a plus. But I still don't know where I will fit it all! I'm not sure whether it will cause customers to be overwelmed and walk away. Hope not!
Old 09-28-2010, 11:36 AM   #486
Rubber Obsessor

The first one I did, I split the cost with 2 other ladies since we signed up for 2 spaces and it came out to be about $35 a person. These next 2 I'm doing each were $30 with an 8 ft table. The one this weekend is a 10'x10' space and the one in December is 5'x10'! There's also another one in December I'm doing that is free and it's at a local retirement center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeGeeDee View Post
I realize the answer to this question varies by region but how much does it typically cost and what do you get for it? Most of the fairs didn't have online contracts or pricing but I did find one that charges $75-90 for one day (depends on location); I think they specified an 8-foot table is provided. Another charges $55 and offers free coffee and a bagel.

I still need to checkout Craigslist (the Kijiji site is a competitor but does not have much USA traffic).

Hoping all of you doing fairs are successful.

Happy Crafting!
Tina aka TeeGeeDee

Altered by Jenn
Old 09-28-2010, 11:42 AM   #487
Rubber Obsessor

Sandra, Love your list of items.

For the craft show this weekend I have:
Magnetic boards
Pencil boxes
Candy Stix (M&M's, skittles, bubblegum balls and reece's pieces)
3x4 goody bags
BOO door/wall hanging
Gift card holders
Bookmarks
Coaster calendars
FALL chipboard display
Pumpkin and Turkey Poop
Acrylic Post it note holders

For my shows in December I'll also have:
Toothy Fairy tins
JOY and NOEL door hangings
Chipboard ornaments (with a picture opening)
Reindeer and snowman poop
Altered composition books
Gift boxes

Altered by Jenn
Old 09-28-2010, 12:18 PM   #488
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn21404 View Post
Sandra, Love your list of items.

For the craft show this weekend I have:
Magnetic boards
Pencil boxes
Candy Stix (M&M's, skittles, bubblegum balls and reece's pieces)
3x4 goody bags
BOO door/wall hanging
Gift card holders
Bookmarks
Coaster calendars
FALL chipboard display
Pumpkin and Turkey Poop
Acrylic Post it note holders

For my shows in December I'll also have:
Toothy Fairy tins
JOY and NOEL door hangings
Chipboard ornaments (with a picture opening)
Reindeer and snowman poop
Altered composition books
Gift boxes
Sounds great! I so wanted to do the magnetic boards but I couldn't find any in Canada. Probably a good thing!

Good luck this weekend!

Old 09-28-2010, 12:49 PM   #489
Linking Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn21404 View Post
The first one I did, I split the cost with 2 other ladies since we signed up for 2 spaces and it came out to be about $35 a person. These next 2 I'm doing each were $30 with an 8 ft table. The one this weekend is a 10'x10' space and the one in December is 5'x10'! There's also another one in December I'm doing that is free and it's at a local retirement center.
Thanks for this feedback! If I manage to make some stuff I can ask my BFF if she'd be interested in sharing a booth (we once shared a table at a garage sale at a now-closed LSS). We don't live near each other but each of us will drive for crafting! This actually opens up a wider geographical area to consider! She's way more talented than I am so that should attract shoppers to our booth (our styles are different and I stick mostly to cards - another challenge for me in doing a craft fair!)
Old 09-28-2010, 12:52 PM   #490
Linking Queen

Question Which images for Color-Me Kits?

I also want to say that I'm loving the lists of items being made for the fairs. I don't remember who had the color-me kits but I'd be interested in knowing which stamps you used for them (I am thinking of making some for the nieces/nephews and kids of friends for the holidays but the images I own are not really suited to kids - shopping time!)
Old 09-28-2010, 01:10 PM   #491
Matboard Maniac

I have done coloring cards with the SU! build-a-bear stamps, Big on Christmas, Crazy for Cupcakes and Simple Birthday Thanks. Any line art stamp that isn't too tiny would work.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:15 PM   #492
Hardware Hotshot

My list of items is pretty similar! I'm making:
Acrylic post its
Chipboard calendar magnets
Clothespin magnets
Tile Coasters
Flower pens
Altered composition notebooks
M&M sticks
Altered notepads (small and medium sizes)
Memory boxes
Necklaces
Paperclip bookmarks
Marble pushpins
Tooth fairy tins
Tree ornaments

Just waiting (not so) patiently for the chains to get here for the necklaces and they'll be done and I'm done with the acrylic post its, clothespin magnets, coasters, push pins and just about finished the calendars. I just have to pay for the magnet strip that is sitting on my desk right now. Oh the joys of working retail. lol
Old 09-28-2010, 02:16 PM   #493
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat55 View Post
Theresa: I LOVED the one from displays2go, too; but the shipping was just too rich for my blood. I found one I liked almost as much at Store Supply Warehouse: Greeting Card Racks | Counter Top & Spinner Greeting Card Racks

Their floor stand is only $49 and because they have warehouses on both coasts (I think), their shipping was waaayyyy cheaper for me than displays2go. I was able to purchase two tabletop spinners for the price that I would've paid for one from displays2go.

I'm anxious to get these....if they work well during my upcoming craft fairs, I may go ahead and get the floor spinner too, adding more display space.

HTH (and let us know what you decide!),
Kat
Kat,
I wished I woulda seen your reply before I hit the purchase button, but it's done now. I guess the one I ordered costs more b/c it spins- which is what I really wanted in the first place. Couldn't tell if the one from Store Supply was a spinner rack. It didn't say for sure. Great that you found one so reasonably priced!
Old 09-28-2010, 02:18 PM   #494
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by loribelle3 View Post
Exactly what my hubby says--it is an investment. I'm hoping to see some profit from it! Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I'm EXCITED! lol
My hubs said the same thing too. I'm excited for you and me!!
Old 09-28-2010, 05:41 PM   #495
Watercolor Wizard

Hi Everyone,

I'm still reading every day, but not posting too much since I'm not doing any craft shows this year, just Christmas gifts and such for my family and friends.

I did want to share a good deal on little mini-pens that I found. They would work with the post it holders, or the smaller altered comp. books. They are at Dollar Tree. There are 6 in pack for only a buck and they write nicely and are really cute and small. Here is a scan I did. Sorry for the poor quality, but I don't have a camera at the moment, so a scan it has to be:
Attached Thumbnails
minipens.jpg  

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 09-29-2010, 06:51 AM   #496
Polyshrink Goddess

I did my first craft/vendor sale 2 years ago in my home town after practically everyone in town to see if there were any local sales. They sale was from 9 to 4 on a Saturday and the cost was $15 for one 8 foot table and $5 for each additional table/space. I brought cards and some crochted blankets my brother had made. Cards did really well, but didn't sell any blankets. From that one I found out about many more events.

My budget is small, so I can only afford to do the sales that are $20 or less table fees. I live near Rochester, MN and the Mayo Clinic does a HUGE craft sale 2 times a year, but the booth fee there is over $150. I can't do that.

What I run into when I call about craft sales is when the organizer finds out I sell handmade cards, they are so excited to have me in the sale. I have never run into another crafter who has handmade cards.

This year I will have other things for sale besides cards, I hope they go well.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:51 PM   #497
Glitter Queen

Default Paper Clips

Quote:
Here are some pics of things I have made for my craft shows.
Beaded pens, Beaded bookmarks, and Ribbon hairclips.
I love the paper clips. Where do you get them?
Old 09-29-2010, 04:48 PM   #498
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeGeeDee View Post
I also want to say that I'm loving the lists of items being made for the fairs. I don't remember who had the color-me kits but I'd be interested in knowing which stamps you used for them (I am thinking of making some for the nieces/nephews and kids of friends for the holidays but the images I own are not really suited to kids - shopping time!)
I made these for the craft shows. I have only sold 5 so far over the last couple years. Very slow sellers for the work I put in them. 3 sold for $5 ea and then I reduced the price to $4 and only sold 2 more. Favorite Teddy Bear Color It/Paint It Kits by dhb1281 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 09-29-2010, 05:06 PM   #499
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
Hi Everyone,

I'm still reading every day, but not posting too much since I'm not doing any craft shows this year, just Christmas gifts and such for my family and friends.

I did want to share a good deal on little mini-pens that I found. They would work with the post it holders, or the smaller altered comp. books. They are at Dollar Tree. There are 6 in pack for only a buck and they write nicely and are really cute and small. Here is a scan I did. Sorry for the poor quality, but I don't have a camera at the moment, so a scan it has to be:
Hi Annette! Love those little pens. They are nicer than the ones I am currently using. Will have to check to see if our Dollar Tree has any. TFS!!
Old 09-29-2010, 05:40 PM   #500
Polyshrink Goddess

So far this is my list of completed items:

34 post it note holders(100 count pads) with mini gel pens Price?? 3.50 or $4??
24 post it note holders(40 count pads)without pens left over from last year sold for $2ea
19 3x5 note pads with gel pen Price??
70 bookmarks in plastic sleeves 2.50 each for 2 for $4
24 altered file folders $?? Need to name these something neat... any ideas?
10 mini comp books with mini gel pens $4
12 large comp books with matching rsvp pens $???
12 acrylic post it notes with mini gel pens(( that match the lg comp books) $??
150 assorted post cards $??
38 hand stamped magnets ( business card size) $1.50
2 large dry erase boards with magnets on back $??
6 mediums size magnetic dry erase boards with one magnet & 100 ct post it notes $??
33 M&M treat bags $1
16 sets of tumbled marble coasters (4 per set) $16
7 single tumbled marble coasters $4ea
5 ball jar recipe card and dishcloth sets
18 note card sets 4 per pack $??
11 purse gift card/money holders $??
That is everything I have made new this year. I still have to unpack items left from last years shows, which include handstamped cards, photography cards and handmade beaded jewelry. And still have a very big to do list of things to keep making!!
I too need help on pricing!!

Last edited by dhb1281; 09-29-2010 at 05:47 PM..
Old 09-29-2010, 06:28 PM   #501
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Diane, your work is really great! Can I ask where you got the paper clips? I'm inspired to try the beaded pens as well as the bookmarks. Thanks for the inspiration.
Thanks!
I buy the paperclips at Staples here in Canada. I am not sure if they sell the same ones in the U.S. Staples. But, it is the style of clips that draws people every time. They just look fancier.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:39 PM   #502
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
I'm having the same problem. I've realized that I am making crafts that can be categorized into either wood, paper or tile....but I'm struggling to figure out how to set it all up in an 8 foot space for my next show. Next year I will get 2 spaces for this one, but at the time I signed up, I wasn't sure how much product I would have. I think I'm going to use pegboard for my paper products (notebooks, post its), the table for the tiles, and the wood...I'm not sure yet! LOL Plus the card rack for my cards! DH is making me a fancy thing for my magnets, so that's a plus. But I still don't know where I will fit it all! I'm not sure whether it will cause customers to be overwelmed and walk away. Hope not!
How big is your floor space?? Ours are usually at least 8x10 spots with one 8 ft table supplied by the show but I always bring a couple of my own 6 ft or 5 ft tables and set up in a U shape with the card rack at the end of the U. Can you bring your own tables or a couple card tables to add more display surface??
Old 09-29-2010, 06:39 PM   #503
Insane Embellisher

Default Pebble Bookmarks

Quote:
Your things look great, and I like the idea of the bookmark. Will you share details on how you made it? Pebble magnets like it have been a good seller for me. TIA!
I was inspired when I was woking on the glass pebble magnets last year. I also saw people making bookmarks with the large clips and big scallop paper punches. I decided to combine the two together and see if they sold.
I have to tell you all, these sold like crazy! I sold them for $4 for a set of 3 because they were so cheap to make, and people kept saying "$4 for all three?" with surprise in their voices. lol
So, I think I may charge more this year! I have prettied them up a bit by packaging them in plastic sleeves.

These are soo simple to make. Honest!
I made them the same way you make the glass magnets - by gluing images to the glass bead. Then I glued jumbo size clips to the back.

I made the cards to hold them by creating a template and cutting slits spaced out with my exacto knife. Then, I used computer printed labels for my label header.

That is it! They are sooo easy! Just time consuming between all the steps and letting the glue dry well.
Also, the best images come from magazines or catalogues because they don't bleed and are bright with a glossy finish. I collected a bunch throughout the year, and just went through them all looking for words and images of the right size. (people love the words the most). Then, I create sets with various themes.

I hope that helps anyone who wants to make them. Please post an image if you do though - I would love to see them.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:42 PM   #504
Insane Embellisher

For displays, can someone please tell me how you make a pegboard? And how do you get it to stay standing erect?
It seems like a stupid question, but I don't have a handy husband who can make things for me, or figure out these kind of things!
Old 09-30-2010, 04:58 AM   #505
Crimping Master

Default Cute Display ideas I found...

Thought I would link a few display ideas that I saw this morning while I was surfing....

Mini Comp Notebooks - Really cute notebooks too! Dover OSC Craft Show | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Great idea for booth sign/banner - craft show sign | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Love the white shelf unit - left side display | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Great display idea for magnets - First craft show | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Note sure if these are buttons or magnets but too cute! Craft Show Prep | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Love the 3 tiered basket - Carrollton HS Craft Show 2006 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Cute candy dish display and sign - ittybittybirdy craft show display (2010) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Loving this whole booth...very eye-catching craft show booth display 3 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Cute way to display scrabble tile pendants! http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazzlingjewelry/4576429985/in/photostream/

Love the flag banner for the sign! Flickr: Mandy Harvey aka Beadsme's Photostream
/3962345322/

Love the chalkboard frame! Flickr: perideaudesigns' Photostream
/3653251669/

Pebble magnet display - Craft 365 - day 237 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I think that this is enough for now....will keep looking!
Have a great day!
Beth
Old 09-30-2010, 05:31 AM   #506
Hardware Hotshot

Beth, those are great ideas! Thanks for sharing them! I have a small white bookcase that I'm going to integrate into my display. Picked up table coverings yesterday and I've started a box for my display items. I do need to get started on my pricing signs soon. I've been putting that off. Oy.

Diane, check out your local hardware store for a piece of pegboard. I work at one and we sell 2x4 pieces which is a good manageable size. Also check to see if they'll cut wood for you. If you can get some 1" x 3" pieces of white MDF board that will work great, or a plain piece of wood with those dimensions will work as well. You create two frames for the entire thing that is 2x4 and attach the pegboard to one, so that the frame is just on the back of the board, you won't really see it. Then get a couple of hinges, 3 is probably best, and hinge the second frame to the first. Then it will stand like an easel.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:27 AM   #507
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Kat,
I wished I woulda seen your reply before I hit the purchase button, but it's done now. I guess the one I ordered costs more b/c it spins- which is what I really wanted in the first place. Couldn't tell if the one from Store Supply was a spinner rack. It didn't say for sure. Great that you found one so reasonably priced!
Good point, Theresa! Embarrassed to say I didn't even think of that....just assumed (and you know what THAT gets you!). My two racks arrived yesterday (so quickly!! I just ordered them on Saturday!) and I just opened one of the boxes. SUPER easy to assemble - it was mostly done. Going to let DS finish it, with the few screws provided. Can't tell yet if it spins, but possibly not. That's okay, though. My budget is so tight that I figure it's at least a step above what I had been using (lots of baskets). And it looks like the base will fit a lazy susan perfectly, so I think if I wanted to 'upgrade', I can invest in a couple of plastic lazy susans and top it with some gripper pads and we'll be good to go.

It looks so professional! Can't wait to add my cards to it!

Blessings,
Kat
Old 09-30-2010, 09:14 AM   #508
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Pricing Help Needed

I posted this by accident on the old thread, but am still looking for some help. I am looking for pricing suggestions on these:

Mini Comp Books
Regular Comp Books with Beaded RSVP Pens
Beaded RSVP Pens by themselves
Acrylic Note Pad Holders

I have only finished 6 mini comp books and have not finished up any of the others. Here is a picture of the mini comps I have finished.

Thanks!

Pat
Attached Thumbnails
mini_comp_books_1_by_patscrap.jpg  
Old 09-30-2010, 09:26 AM   #509
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by patscrap View Post
I posted this by accident on the old thread, but am still looking for some help. I am looking for pricing suggestions on these:

Mini Comp Books
Regular Comp Books with Beaded RSVP Pens
Beaded RSVP Pens by themselves
Acrylic Note Pad Holders

I have only finished 6 mini comp books and have not finished up any of the others. Here is a picture of the mini comps I have finished.

Thanks!

Pat
Hi, Pat....In my area, I think $4/ea would be a price that would attract customers. I don't know about the larger comp books w/beaded pens....it's hard in my area to sell anything over $5, but you've got way more material and time invested into the larger versions, so maybe you could lower the small comp books to $3 and sell the larger ones for $6 or $7. Seems like a ridiculously low price, but maybe your market can sustain a higher one. I truly think they're worth at least $10, but unless your customer is a crafter, they'll never recognize what all goes into them.

I made the acrylic post it holders last year and I sold them for $5....many customers said I should sell them for more, but these were also friends telling me this! I'd rather sell them a little under market and get them out of my inventory!

Good luck ~ your mini comp books are darling!

Kat
Old 09-30-2010, 09:38 AM   #510
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks nsruss for the wonderful easel idea for the peg board! Never thought of that!

Beth, your links are awesome! Thanks for sharing them! Could you also tell me how you plan to attach the shelving to the table?
Old 09-30-2010, 09:46 AM   #511
Pearl-ExPert

Default Is this quantity enough?

I have made the following for my fairs:

16 post-it note holders with mini pens
12-14 mini comp books with pen
8 magnetic message boards with magnets
5 candles
12 Hershey bars
10 Cocoa mix packets
7 Starbucks Via packets
4 Altered clipboards
12 Photo binder clips
12 turkey place card holders
7 stamped onesies
12 holiday greetings cards
5 ornament gift card holders
12 various gift card holders
8 Tile coasters (not very good at it so don't want to make anymore)
10 bookmarks
5 treat/goodie bags

what's left to make:

8 tic tac snowman kisses
12 pilgrims place card holders (maybe, don't have any fall item so this looks like a good addition)
5 Altered frappe bottles
3 Thank you card sets (of 5 cards each)
4 purse gift card holders
15 pillow box candies

I know that looks like a lot of variety but looking at every body else's list I feel that I'm making too few of each item. Do others also think that? Do you think I should make more of some items? If so which ones and how many? I'm open to suggestions - this is my first craft fair so I have no idea.

I haven't done my pricing yet but for mini comp books with pen - I would think around $2.50-3? Again I have no experience.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:16 AM   #512
Kookie Creator

I made some sweet bags and added a top like the notebooks. But the thing I sold most of was Dog and Cat Treat bags. I also had some stamps the 40 in a box which I got really cheap, parents love little bits for kids.

Also I love the idea of sweets for free, so people stop and look.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:35 AM   #513
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by smriti View Post
Thanks nsruss for the wonderful easel idea for the peg board! Never thought of that!

Beth, your links are awesome! Thanks for sharing them! Could you also tell me how you plan to attach the shelving to the table?
I attach the shelving with bungee cords underneath the table. You kind of have to work at them a little but they hold really tight!

HTH!
Old 09-30-2010, 10:49 AM   #514
Rubber Obsessor

I'm so nervous. Tomorrow night is set up night and I'm not ready. I work better under pressure but thinking I can't do that with shows anymore LOL. I was up until 2am painting all of my mini clothespins and putting magnets on the back for the magnetic boards. This morning worked on stamping and cutting out tags for the candy stix.

Left to do:
Finish (4) FALL chipboard displays
More goody bags
3 - BOO door hangings
Pumpkin and turkey poops (maybe)
Make M&M stix
Attach tags to all of the candy stix
Get everything into totes

Altered by Jenn
Old 09-30-2010, 11:14 AM   #515
Hardware Hotshot

Good luck, Jenn! I also work well under pressure. I hope your show goes really well and that you aren't up TOO late tonight getting everything done. lol
Old 09-30-2010, 11:29 AM   #516
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by smriti View Post
I have made the following for my fairs:

16 post-it note holders with mini pens
12-14 mini comp books with pen
8 magnetic message boards with magnets
5 candles
12 Hershey bars
10 Cocoa mix packets
7 Starbucks Via packets
4 Altered clipboards
12 Photo binder clips
12 turkey place card holders
7 stamped onesies
12 holiday greetings cards
5 ornament gift card holders
12 various gift card holders
8 Tile coasters (not very good at it so don't want to make anymore)
10 bookmarks
5 treat/goodie bags

what's left to make:

8 tic tac snowman kisses
12 pilgrims place card holders (maybe, don't have any fall item so this looks like a good addition)
5 Altered frappe bottles
3 Thank you card sets (of 5 cards each)
4 purse gift card holders
15 pillow box candies

I know that looks like a lot of variety but looking at every body else's list I feel that I'm making too few of each item. Do others also think that? Do you think I should make more of some items? If so which ones and how many? I'm open to suggestions - this is my first craft fair so I have no idea.

I haven't done my pricing yet but for mini comp books with pen - I would think around $2.50-3? Again I have no experience.
The amount of items you should make depends on the traffic that comes to that sale. You could ask the convenor if they have an idea how many attended last year.

The one I am doing this year had roughly 500-700 people go through so I am making at least 30 of everything!

Your mini comp book and pen, I would charge $2.50. If they aren't moving then change to $2. JMO.

Good luck!

Old 09-30-2010, 12:09 PM   #517
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeteens View Post
The amount of items you should make depends on the traffic that comes to that sale. You could ask the convenor if they have an idea how many attended last year.

The one I am doing this year had roughly 500-700 people go through so I am making at least 30 of everything!

Your mini comp book and pen, I would charge $2.50. If they aren't moving then change to $2. JMO.

Good luck!
That's a good suggestion Sandra! Will talk to the organizer to figure out the traffic.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:50 PM   #518
Rubber Obsessor

Default 1x8 bags

I really want these bags and have tried calling the 1-800-735-3950 and the number doesn't work. I'm calling from Canada. Since the webiste gave me a quote to ship to Canada, I figured the phone number would work. Can anyone from the U.S try adn get me a phone number please. The last time I ordered something off the internet without speaking to a person, I never received my order, they charged my VISA and I was never reimbursed. I know a lot of you are ordering from this company "GT Bags" but if the number doesn't work, it makes me very suspicious. I've emailed the company and they have not responded. If someone can find me some contact info. please forward it to me at keesha@persona.ca

Thanks.
Connie
Old 09-30-2010, 12:57 PM   #519
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacroico View Post
I really want these bags and have tried calling the 1-800-735-3950 and the number doesn't work. I'm calling from Canada. Since the webiste gave me a quote to ship to Canada, I figured the phone number would work. Can anyone from the U.S try adn get me a phone number please. The last time I ordered something off the internet without speaking to a person, I never received my order, they charged my VISA and I was never reimbursed. I know a lot of you are ordering from this company "GT Bags" but if the number doesn't work, it makes me very suspicious. I've emailed the company and they have not responded. If someone can find me some contact info. please forward it to me at keesha@persona.ca

Thanks.
Connie

Try Crystal Clear Bags Canada. That is where I got mine and they were sent in the mail and arrived in less than a week. Here is their website

Old 09-30-2010, 12:57 PM   #520
Crimping Master

I just called them for you..he said he thinks you can't call their 800 number from canada..but he gave me this number 707-765-2400 which is their direct line..he was very nice...good luck