Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree601Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 10:01 AM   #4881
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

I ended up making more of the baskets and shot them will filler in them mug shots went on the blog the other day.

Stacy's Memory Triggers: lil Paper Baskets

they have some really cool dies for this machine ( things people can spend a lot of time cutting and scoring on ) like oh shoot flower pot cards. ( the one on my blog were done by hand) and they have a die now that is for those tri shutters? name may be wrong but, they look really complicated those cards.

I have a couple more dies I have not played with yet, but similar kinds of things. Things I think I will mainly make for selling type stuff.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-08-2013, 06:35 PM   #4882
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

anyone ever tried paper cones?
Wedding Cone by JBgreendawn - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 03-22-2013, 10:41 PM   #4883
Crimping Master

OK. So, I have had my break after Christmas and am now starting up my craft-making again. Will be starting with a few Mother's Day and Father's Day cards for my only spring show, then Christmas will be on my mind again.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:20 AM   #4884
Matboard Maniac

Diane, it's good to see someone starting up again. What's happening with your website?
Old 03-24-2013, 02:01 PM   #4885
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Okay spring fair was this last friday/saturday. so... only 2 Easter Cards sold, Mother's day went well. anything with a butterfly went.
the little baskets all sold, the cones sold half, the tall bags NONE sold. ( all of those were marked at 3.00 each)

the vintage buttons in jello molds first time I had those ( two Christmas'es ago sold out at 3.50) this time used larger molds and marked them at 4.50 because, two years ago people in here were saying 5-8 dollars for them... at 4.50 only one sold.

3" gift cards went well ( esp. if it said happy birthday on it or was just plain funny)
tags ( ditto )
Old 03-26-2013, 07:43 AM   #4886
Pearl-ExPert

Nice job Stacy!

Diane, don't even talk about christmas fairs yet - you're scaring me!!
Old 03-27-2013, 05:38 AM   #4887
Rubber Obsessor

I have a craft fair at the Womens Center at the hospital on April 13 (after Easter, ugh). I am making tissue holders and have some bath fizzies boxed up. I have only done a few fairs and they are always in the fall. It is a fundraiser for the March of Dimes. Any suggestions would be great?
TIA,
Pamala
Old 03-27-2013, 09:24 AM   #4888
Linking Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamala View Post
I have a craft fair at the Womens Center at the hospital on April 13 (after Easter, ugh). I am making tissue holders and have some bath fizzies boxed up. I have only done a few fairs and they are always in the fall. It is a fundraiser for the March of Dimes. Any suggestions would be great?
TIA,
Pamala
Bear in mind I have not done any craft fairs (yet) but I think summery items and gifts for Mother's Day would be good choices. Perhaps nugget purses, lip balm holders, antibacterial holders ... maybe something could be modified to hold travel sized sunscreen.

Water bottle "tags" with pouches to make iced tea or lemonade are another idea.

Hope it's a success!
Old 03-27-2013, 04:46 PM   #4889
Crimping Master

My website..ummm - nothing! I am very intimidated by the whole thing and have been pretty much sticking to my Facebook page for orders. I like the idea of the website but lack the skills to get it going. And not enough money available to pay someone.

And yes - Christmas is one my mind for craft stuff. Always is. Valentine's was a good time to buy up red stuff which will do well for Christmas also.

I have a spring show at end of April, and have to make up some more magnets for that one as they always sell well there.
I was just accepted for a Canada Day event. This will be my first time there and first time doing a summer holiday event. I only applied because they have an indoor room for craft displays. My products are not very conducive for the outdoor markets. And I do not like the unpredictability of possible weather problems.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:48 PM   #4890
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamala View Post
TIA,
Pamala
Don't forget about selling to the staff at the hospital. If you make any kind of keychains or jewellery - then I highly suggest making ID badge lanyards.
I work at a hospital and staff are always trying to be fashionable with them I have a rhinestone beaded one I picked up at my daughter's cheer competition and people are always asking me where I got it.
I am going to try to come up with a way to make some of these to sell. Haven't done that yet.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:22 AM   #4891
Rubber Obsessor

Love the cocoa packs, but tell me about the hershey's nuggets. Are they in a box? Are they in a plastic sleeve? Too cute. I used to put mine in metal boxes with a cutout in the lid but it got too expensive to buy the hinged metal boxes after you count in s/h. Thanks, Maria
Old 04-13-2013, 06:02 PM   #4892
Mad Swapper

I make my own shopping bags (3 sizes, S, M & L) out of recycled wallpaper. You can usually get discontinued books free from your local paint/wallpaper store. I sew up the 3 sides, punch holes in the top and thread ribbon or string through the holes for handles, and cut the edges with pinking scissors. Quick and easy (and cheap!) They won't hold extra heavy items, but are fine for most needs.
Happy Fan Club member.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:07 AM   #4893
Stazon Splitcoast

Tilly-I love, love love your blog. Such cute yummy baby shoes.
I have both a sewing machine and serger. Either of which I can thread. Either ever used. Might just need to pull them out and try to play
Also love the cute baggy baby pants!!
Old 04-14-2013, 10:06 AM   #4894
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcountry311 View Post
Tilly-I love, love love your blog. Such cute yummy baby shoes.
I have both a sewing machine and serger. Either of which I can thread. Either ever used. Might just need to pull them out and try to play
Also love the cute baggy baby pants!!
Yes, Gayla, you need to use those machines! Even though I've sewed all my life, I can relate to what you said.

I bought a serger several years ago, kind of on impulse, and didn't really know what a serger even did. I ordered it online, and it arrived. I opened the box, looked in, looked at the huge manual and instructions, and promptly closed the box back up.

The box sat for several months, staring at me accusingly. My daughter made fun of me on a weekly basis every time she saw it.

I was at Barnes and Noble and saw a book called: The Complete Serger Handbook.

The intro talked about women who bought sergers that were still in the box! Hooray, I wasn't alone.

I got the book, took the serger out of the box and jumped in! Just wanted to encourage you a little bit.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 04-14-2013, 12:45 PM   #4895
Stazon Splitcoast

Months? I've had mine atleast 3 yrs
I have many garthingd around NY state. But I should have a break for june, july & august. Might be a good time to pull them out. In addition I have the janome baby machine. I thought Iit would be fun to stitch on cardstock. Never had it out either. It might be fun to use it on these gatherings!
Thanks for encourging me
Old 04-17-2013, 05:25 PM   #4896
Die Cut Diva

subbing
Old 04-21-2013, 11:48 AM   #4897
Crimping Master

I made some candy sticks for a spring show this coming weekend using the 1x8 bags and Starburst jellybeans I bought on sale after easter. The toppers are two of the Stampin Up large flower punches pressed together. Looks like I have a bowl of colourful flowers. Very cute.

Cost me about $6 in total and made 40 bags easily. I could of made more but we ate all the dark coloured ones because I thought they were not bright enough to use.
helenatroy likes this post.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:39 AM   #4898
Die Cut Diva

very cute Diane.

I bet they look adorable in a big bowl.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:11 PM   #4899
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknocker3 View Post
very cute Diane.

I bet they look adorable in a big bowl.
Thanks. I posted pics on my Facebok page.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:52 AM   #4900
Die Cut Diva

I'm participating in a craft faire this weekend and I've been concentrating on making lots of gift card holders with Mother's Day, Father's Day and Graduations coming up. Of course I have other items, but I made a ton of gift cards this weekend. I'll be posting them soon on my blog.

I made three different varieties. One kind are the coffee cup looking holders, standard rectangle envelope, and upcycled toilet tissue rolls.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:00 PM   #4901
Die Cut Diva

So, I had my craft faire today and it didn't go too well. Even after asking the other vendors how they did, they said they didn't do much, some didn't even reach the booth fee. I sold only $39 worth of product. It was only for five hours but still... Selling in the spring is nothing like Christmas. I totally get it since it's a different market during the holidays. I sold lots of gift card holders since I had many for Mother's Day, Father's Day and Graduation. I have another one in a few months so I'm going to make more Father's Day and Graduation gift card holders. But like everything else, I had fun hanging out with DD and meeting new people.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:29 PM   #4902
Creative Crew SU Design Team

Quote:
So, I had my craft faire today and it didn't go too well. Even after asking the other vendors how they did, they said they didn't do much, some didn't even reach the booth fee. I sold only $39 worth of product. It was only for five hours but still... Selling in the spring is nothing like Christmas. I totally get it since it's a different market during the holidays. I sold lots of gift card holders since I had many for Mother's Day, Father's Day and Graduation. I have another one in a few months so I'm going to make more Father's Day and Graduation gift card holders. But like everything else, I had fun hanging out with DD and meeting new people.
Oh man
I'm sorry to hear that! Glad you had fun with DD!
Old 05-06-2013, 05:26 PM   #4903
Cardstock Collector

A while back someone mentioned getting clear bags at a place near Lancaster , PA. We are visiting there this summer and I would like to stock up for the craft fair season. Anyone remember the name of it?
Old 05-06-2013, 05:55 PM   #4904
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs79 View Post
A while back someone mentioned getting clear bags at a place near Lancaster , PA. We are visiting there this summer and I would like to stock up for the craft fair season. Anyone remember the name of it?
Been MIA since January. Been sick off and on (mostly on) since December. Hurry Summer so I can get out of the school and away from all those germs!
Hoping to be back crafting soon!
rs79, I did respond in the other thread, but their website is here:
B & G Paper Products Lancater County Pennsylvania 717-354-4658
Old 05-07-2013, 11:15 AM   #4905
Cardstock Collector

subbing
Old 05-08-2013, 01:15 AM   #4906
Mad Swapper

This, that and everything inbetween: It's a handmade Christmas in our house this year
I made these ReinBeer (see link above for pic) for my son and SIL at Christmas and was thinking of making up kits (antlers, noses, eyes) in sets of 6 in a cello bag for quick DIY last minute man gifts to sell nearer Christmas at a fair I'm hoping to get a table at. I think the wine bottle one looks a bit 'lame' so was thinking of making a little santa hat and red scarf (knitted or polar fleece with a white pompom on the hat) for wine bottles instead of the reindeer idea. Your opinions and advice would be gratefully received. Thanks.
Happy Fan Club member.

Last edited by Tilly; 05-08-2013 at 01:19 AM.. Reason: add description
helenatroy likes this post.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:52 PM   #4907
Glitter Queen

I want to make the candy items so I'm wondering where can you buy the skinny cellophane bags aside from ordering it online from stamping up preferably in stores because shipping to Canada costs a lot thanks, I've starte crafting for my farmers markets again
Old 05-14-2013, 08:47 AM   #4908
Cardstock Collector

Default Anyone seen or make washi tape coasters

My church is having their first ever craft show in a couple of weeks. I have a booth which is free to members. I was just wondering if anyone makes washi tape coasters; if so, how much do you charge? Do any of you make them? Thanks for your help!
Old 05-14-2013, 08:50 AM   #4909
Gabfest Goddess

mousework, do you have any pictures?
www.icantbelieveimadethat.blogspot.com
Proud RAK Member
"Always do your best. What you plan now, you will harvest later." Og Mandino
Old 05-14-2013, 08:54 AM   #4910
Cardstock Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftymomto2 View Post
mousework, do you have any pictures?
No, I do not have any yet. But if you Google washi tape coaster images, you will see many pics.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:15 PM   #4911
Crimping Master

Default .Craft sale best sellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojoxiexie View Post
I want to make the candy items so I'm wondering where can you buy the skinny cellophane bags aside from ordering it online from stamping up preferably in stores because shipping to Canada costs a lot thanks, I've starte crafting for my farmers markets again
Hi,don't know where you are in Canada but I am in Manitoba and can give you some help. Clearbags.com have offices in two locations here In Canada as well as the U.S. I have ordered from them and there is no minimum like Uline. I originally ordered from them while vacationing in Arizona last year when they told me of their Canadian locations. Assume you ARe wanting the 1x8 cello bags right. another source is. SU demo but that might be ,ore expensive than going straight to Clearbags. hope this helps.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:39 PM   #4912
Glitter Queen

Thank you I will check out clear bag
Old 05-15-2013, 02:27 AM   #4913
Mad Swapper

I haven't made any but have seen them on Etsy for $16.00 a set of 4.
Happy Fan Club member.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:18 AM   #4914
Glitter Guru

Send a message via AIM to kspiv

Hello everyone! I haven't been on here in forever but thought I would check in and see if anyone else is christmas crafting....seems crazy but I decided (ok I say this every year!) to get started early for my couple of holiday fairs I do. AND I ACTUALLY HAVE!! Seems weird to be working on Christmas items but I know I will be better prepped for it this year.

Working on more prep work right now...don't want to buy candy too early...but it's going well and I think I will be able to have more stock doing it this way. I get tired of cutting all the tedious stuff so I may only end up with 30 of something when I could probably be selling 50 or more of it.

Been using my Michael's coupons to pick up the pretzel bags for my Peppermint Patty treats and Mini Candy Bar treats and I have 75 full sized of each of those ready to go and 100 of the mini sized bags ready to go (50 peppermint patties and 50 mini candy bars). Also working on making the hand sanitizers this year (a new item for me) in a Santa coat and Elf coat design.

Going to try some new things and some old things I haven't done in a while. I feel like I can get 2, maybe 3 years out of most items before they become old and stale to the shoppers.

Clear Bags is a great source for lots of items. Their shipping isn't cheap!! But a friend and I usually put an order in together so it makes it more reasonable. They also have another site, Clear Envelopes (I believe) that is for small count items, in case you don't want the more bulk options. Don't forget to peruse their clearance and sale items!! I got a good deal on 4x12 clear bags that I plan to put my new hershey candy bar treats in and package up cute. I also picked up some really cute mini clear pillow boxes that I am making into some cute treat gifts.

I'm perusing Pinterest like crazy to try to come up with some new items to have this year. I think I could double my sales at my first craft fair in November just by making more of the items I have. Ran out quickly last year and after a day there you don't feel like going home and making more stuff.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:32 AM   #4915
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by canada goose View Post
Hi,don't know where you are in Canada but I am in Manitoba and can give you some help. Clearbags.com have offices in two locations here In Canada as well as the U.S. I have ordered from them and there is no minimum like Uline. I originally ordered from them while vacationing in Arizona last year when they told me of their Canadian locations. Assume you ARe wanting the 1x8 cello bags right. another source is. SU demo but that might be ,ore expensive than going straight to Clearbags. hope this helps.
I agree w/the Clearbags recommendation. Good quality merchandise - and so many choices. However (and I can't speak for Canada), when I tried to order a couple of weeks ago, there was a penalty (they call it a "premium") added to any order less than $40. In other words, while there is no official minimum, it costs you extra if you don't reach their unofficial minimum. That was a U.S. order; is it different for Canada addresses?
Old 05-20-2013, 06:18 AM   #4916
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilly View Post
This, that and everything inbetween: It's a handmade Christmas in our house this year
I made these ReinBeer (see link above for pic) for my son and SIL at Christmas and was thinking of making up kits (antlers, noses, eyes) in sets of 6 in a cello bag for quick DIY last minute man gifts to sell nearer Christmas at a fair I'm hoping to get a table at. I think the wine bottle one looks a bit 'lame' so was thinking of making a little santa hat and red scarf (knitted or polar fleece with a white pompom on the hat) for wine bottles instead of the reindeer idea. Your opinions and advice would be gratefully received. Thanks.
the reinbeer kits I think could be really cute but, you will sell more I am thinking if you have one 6-pack done up as the display to "sell" the kits so they can see what to do with them when they get home.
KraftyKat54 likes this post.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:38 AM   #4917
Crimping Master

Default raft sale best sellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by binx View Post
I agree w/the Clearbags recommendation. Good quality merchandise - and so many choices. However (and I can't speak for Canada), when I tried to order a couple of weeks ago, there was a penalty (they call it a "premium") added to any order less than $40. In other words, while there is no official minimum, it costs you extra if you don't reach their unofficial minimum. That was a U.S. order; is it different for Canada addresses?
I ordered when I was in Mesa two years ago. I ordered 2 bags of 100 and did not pay anything extra. So it is possible in two years things have changed. I have not ordered from them since but would certainly consider ordering from them, but might call ahead to make sure no hidden fees. Don't think it matters but I called company directly to make sure I was getting what I wanted and actually spoke to a real live person.lol

sometimes it's just easier to pay a little more when you need something and know you can depend on getting exactly what you want. I make a lot of different treats and also watch for Mikes coupons which really helps. I was in Mikes at home and noticed that they are now carrying some glassine bags, which the Mikes in Arizona did not. prices here are more but but they are 25 bags for 3.49 and I am sure cheaper in the U.S. especially when you use a coupon.

I have had success making little bags out of vellum no problem, however I would prefer making them out of parchment. Like the tactile feel ANd look of parchment, and the price is so right at dollar stores. Problem is have not found tape that will stick to that non stick little sucker. don't call it non stick for nothing.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:58 AM   #4918
Die Cut Diva

Does anyone have a quick idea for teachers gifts? I made little gift bags but I'm looking for something else.

Thanks
Old 05-24-2013, 07:13 AM   #4919
Crimping Master

Default Craft sale Best sellers

Quote:
Does anyone have a quick idea for teachers gifts? I made little gift bags but I'm looking for something else.

Thanks
Have you thought about a little paper purse, with a couple fo nuggets inside.

Frenchie Stamps has a good video on making one in her Halloween treats. Super eassy to make out of 6x6 sheet of paper and I used paper with apples on it for the teacher.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:50 AM   #4920
Matboard Maniac

I made coconut-lime sugar scrub. The recipe suggests using flavoring oils to intensify the scent, but if you're in a hurry you can leave them out and it will still smell good.