Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree125Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 09:29 AM   #4721
Hardware Hotshot

Gina, I would love a link to the K cup holder if you are willing to share! Your items are too cute!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-19-2012, 09:58 AM   #4722
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc magnolia View Post
4 dollars
Thank you for asking this. I just love to know how much things sell for. When things sell well, I always want to know pricing points. That way, i can tell if I am well off the mark.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:08 PM   #4723
Pearl-ExPert

Conratulations to everyubody - looks like most people are having a good season!

I'd my last sale this weekend and it wasn't great. It was better than last year but didn't even cross the $100 mark. One big hurdle I seem to be facing is that everybody around "seems" to be into papercrafting and has a cricut. People find my stuff very do-able. For example, there was this girl who wanted to buy a composition book and her mother said you can make it yourself - you've scrapbooking paper! Many people look at my booth and seem to think oh why didn't I think of doing it with all the supplies I have.

The other hurdle seems to be cost - especially at my last fair. Last year I'd Jr legal pads for $4 each or 2/$7 and nobody touched them. This year I'd the same ones and at this fair I changed the price to $3 or 3/$8 and sold all. I reduced the price because I didn't want to clear them off but if I'm making new ones there's no point selling them that low, according to me.

To add to my agony there's this lady vendor who comes to my booth every year and looks at each and every item with great interest and buys what she thinks she can copy. And sure enough you can see them at her booth the next year. How is it that she has no shame in doing what she does and doesn't feel embarrassed coming to my booth every year even though she knows that I know what she's upto??? She acts very cool about it. She sells gift card holders for $1, composition books (plainly dressed) for $1 and cards for $1.50 or 4/$5.

Sorry for the long whining post but I'm so disappointed with my fairs...however not so disappointed to quit them. I welcome any constructive criticism anybody has. I haven't yet uploaded my photos from this year but here are my photos from last year: Stampin Up! Gallery: 2011 Craft Fairs - Page 1 - Cards & More - Splitcoaststampers. I'd most of the things this year - post-it note holder, composition books, the banners (slightly different from last year), some gift card holders, snowman popcorn.

Can you believe it - at the last fair I did not sell even single snowman popcorn?!?!? Many people seemed to have made it themselves at some point in their life with candy and others found it cute but not cute enough to buy.

Thanks for listening to me Any ideas on what I should be doing to improve my sales are most welcome!
Old 11-19-2012, 12:16 PM   #4724
Insane Embellisher

Well one three day fair overwith. I am going to rethink this venue for next year. I did make only $7.00 less than last year. I sold my cards for 4.00 each, regular and christmas. I think that the people attending this fair were not there to buy just to look. 38 regular cards and 33 christmas cards. I have a school based fair this friday and saturday and will make more regular cards to add to my mix. I also have my friends paper crafted items. I thought her stuff was reasonable and very cute. She only sold just over 130.00 for the three days. Grinch pills, snowman belly buttons, reindeer noses, mrs claus kisses that were $2.00 each. paper made tea cups and coffee mugs for 5.50 or 2 for 10.00. Some incredible pop up Christmas cards for 10.00 each.

I hope for a better "buying" crowd coming up.

Lorri
Old 11-19-2012, 01:16 PM   #4725
Glitter Guru

Send a message via AIM to kspiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by smriti View Post
Conratulations to everyubody - looks like most people are having a good season!

I'd my last sale this weekend and it wasn't great. It was better than last year but didn't even cross the $100 mark. One big hurdle I seem to be facing is that everybody around "seems" to be into papercrafting and has a cricut. People find my stuff very do-able. For example, there was this girl who wanted to buy a composition book and her mother said you can make it yourself - you've scrapbooking paper! Many people look at my booth and seem to think oh why didn't I think of doing it with all the supplies I have.

The other hurdle seems to be cost - especially at my last fair. Last year I'd Jr legal pads for $4 each or 2/$7 and nobody touched them. This year I'd the same ones and at this fair I changed the price to $3 or 3/$8 and sold all. I reduced the price because I didn't want to clear them off but if I'm making new ones there's no point selling them that low, according to me.

To add to my agony there's this lady vendor who comes to my booth every year and looks at each and every item with great interest and buys what she thinks she can copy. And sure enough you can see them at her booth the next year. How is it that she has no shame in doing what she does and doesn't feel embarrassed coming to my booth every year even though she knows that I know what she's upto??? She acts very cool about it. She sells gift card holders for $1, composition books (plainly dressed) for $1 and cards for $1.50 or 4/$5.

Sorry for the long whining post but I'm so disappointed with my fairs...however not so disappointed to quit them. I welcome any constructive criticism anybody has. I haven't yet uploaded my photos from this year but here are my photos from last year: Stampin Up! Gallery: 2011 Craft Fairs - Page 1 - Cards & More - Splitcoaststampers. I'd most of the things this year - post-it note holder, composition books, the banners (slightly different from last year), some gift card holders, snowman popcorn.

Can you believe it - at the last fair I did not sell even single snowman popcorn?!?!? Many people seemed to have made it themselves at some point in their life with candy and others found it cute but not cute enough to buy.

Thanks for listening to me Any ideas on what I should be doing to improve my sales are most welcome!
smriti...your stuff is beautiful! I'm so sorry your event wasnt successful. That always stinks when we work so hard and dont get the sales. =(
I think your items are very nice, and your display is very nice also!

This is only my second year to make the snowman stuff, but I am already thinking I will be switching that up next year to something else. I think you can only get away with the same things for a couple of years before you need to tweak them. (This year my snowman popcorns got the gloves as hats and I sold them like crazy! Last year, with just the fleece, not so much)
I cant hardly give away full sized post-it note holder things and 3x5 acrylic calendar things because I made them for a few years in a row....this year, I switched it up to mini acrylic desktop post-it notes and they sold. Anyway, I guess my point is, if you feel the need, then switch things up next year.

I usually change my cocoa holders/treats/snowman soup every year so that people feel like they can re-buy them each year. I also make different things for the 2 fairs I work, that way, at the first one I can let my customers know that at the second one I will have some different items. It sometimes gets them to come to that one too to see what new things I have.

I feel your pain on the people buying your items, then copying them, then showing up at the same fair! I know we all get our ideas from somewhere and that's why we are all on here...to share! But seriously, that is tacky!!! The lady next to me bought some of my items for her friend to maybe recreate for some fairs they work together...she said to me, she only does so&so fairs and isn't around your area. I said, thats fine but that one poem on there is my original so maybe she could come up with her own since I haven't "put it out there" to be shared. (Not that it was genious or anything, but hey, I did take the time to write it!) Wonder if you could say to her next time, very sweetly, of course "Do I get a commission on your sales this year, since I seem to give you all your good ideas?" =) I do try to not copy people directly that are at the same craft fairs I am at.....I know we all get our ideas online or through sharing but that just seems rude to actually come buy your things then make them next year at the same event!
Old 11-19-2012, 01:28 PM   #4726
Rubber Obsessor

Smriti -My tips: Eliminate the competition! Don't sign up for a show where there will be another paper crafter. Explain to the show coordinator so they understand. Add some higher prices items too. Your stuff is cute, but you do have to sell a lot of it to make a fair amount of money.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:19 PM   #4727
FiP
Matboard Maniac

Stacy, I tried to comment last night, but hit the wrong button - OOPS! I love your display, it's very creative. I think it's fabulous that you can do so well from 'just' cards and gift cards. You've been successful there for a few years, so you've got the formula right! Well done.

Smriti, sorry it was a disappointing fair, and you got copied as well. If possible, I would suggest you don't go to the same shows as the lady who's copying your stuff. I like your items and feel your pain at not doing better from it all. Who knows, maybe next year will be a great one! Fingers crossed.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:41 PM   #4728
Inking Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie1031 View Post
Are you dressing them as the snowmen?
Yes I am!
Old 11-19-2012, 06:43 PM   #4729
Inking Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiP View Post
MonicaR - well done. You must be tickled pink with that result. I sure would be! It's nice to see hard work (even for a hobby) pay off.
Yes this is my best year so far!! Thanks!!
Old 11-19-2012, 08:12 PM   #4730
Pearl-ExPert

Smriti-For years I was the only papercrafter at my sales. Then last year (and at one sale the year before) I ran into them at my sales. Last year there was a woman who's work was beautiful and pricey. My items are very nice too, I use good quality paper, and I still did very well at the sale.

This year I was right next to a papercrafter, one who came to my sale the week before buying things and telling me she was looking at copying. I didn't realize until we were talking that she would be at my next sale, which is my best sale.

But I still did well, she had different things than I did, and her stuff was less, but I thought her stuff looked cheap too. Her paper was not quality, glued items were coming up (they pumped me on what glue I use, etc).

I copy pretty much everything on my table in some form - the patterns at least but I put my spin on it.

I won't give up my sales. It might be hard to find an event where there are no papercrafters there. I just need to make sure my stuff is quality, priced right. I also try to do something different each year - my gift tags and gift card holders are always different each year. Next year I will do the glove/socks for the snowmen hats (if I can get them cheap enough).

It is very disappointing though to worki so hard on things and have people copy you and then come to the same sale. At the very least, why don't they find a new sale to do.

And who can sell a comp notebook for $1 and make anything off of it?? Even if you get it cheap you are making pennies on that. Ridiculous. Why even bother doing it then.

Keep your chin up and just know that your work is great!!

MY GALLERY
Old 11-19-2012, 08:20 PM   #4731
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsruss View Post
The dog treats were a BIG hit. I think I'll start on some more of those soon. Then when the time comes next year I just have to put the treats in the boxes.
What do you do for dog treats? I also do these. I repack boxed dog bones in vute single gift packaging. They always sell really well, and I have run out of them. I was going to make more but not sure if I will bother.

I am in the process of replenishing my magnet inventory stock as I was getting pretty low on those,a nd they sell very well for me.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:34 PM   #4732
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by smriti View Post
My best tip for that is do offer alot of variety at your table. I do some papercraft items but also make hair clips and glass magnets and glass pendant necklaces. I do this to appeal to more than one type of buyer. It does mean I have to be reinventing items each year but it is worth it when people come back every year, or contact me for a special order.

Something weird has happened this year for me. I have been selling popcorn and choc bar snowman for 3 years now. I decided this would be my last year with this pattern because sales were slower for popcorn last season.
This year, I made less popcorn and have noticed I am selling wayyy less chocolate bears, while I am almost sold out of popcorn. So strange.

Just keep your stuff of good quality and try to mix it up each year.
Your stuff is really nice!!
Old 11-20-2012, 04:40 AM   #4733
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
What do you do for dog treats? I also do these. I repack boxed dog bones in vute single gift packaging. They always sell really well, and I have run out of them. I was going to make more but not sure if I will bother.

I am in the process of replenishing my magnet inventory stock as I was getting pretty low on those,a nd they sell very well for me.
I got little cardboard favor boxes at the Dollarama (can you tell I just about live there?), that come 12 in a pack for $1.00. They just need to be assembled. You could do the same if you have a Cricut, but I figure why waste the time cutting? I used the pre-printed circle that someone had posted last year, on the Whimsie Doodle site I believe, cut those out and put them on a scalloped circle and stuck that to the front of the little box. I put in a little square of tissue paper (you can get hundreds of squares from one pack of tissue paper - also from Dollarama), and then three milkbones in a little plastic bag. I also loosely tied the top with a small piece of ribbon. They looked really cute, cost me about $0.40 to make and I sold them for $2. I think I could have charged $2.50 and they still would have sold. The only request was that I have cat treats for next year. I'll have to think about that one. Other than the printing and cutting, which I did last February, they really took no time to put together at all. I just assembled and put the dog bones in back in October. Even that didn't take long. I did it while watching TV.

For next year I hope to do lots of things like that. Have everything ready to go and then spend September/October assembling. I think that would really take the stress out.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:09 AM   #4734
Matboard Maniac

Default Dog treats

By any chance do you have a picture? Would love to see how you used the Dollarama boxes.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:33 AM   #4735
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks everybody for your kind words and great suggestions! It has really perked me up and my brain is on the roll to figure out what to do next year!

I agree the booth should look fresh every year and the more audience you cater to the better! WIll focus on that next year!

All the best everybody for their sales for the rest of the season!! Rock on!
Old 11-20-2012, 07:42 AM   #4736
Kookie Creator

Hi all! I had my third craft sale of the season yesterday at my work. At the first craft sale a couple weeks ago I sold out of the hot chocolate paint cans. They are the little paint cans that I found at Michael's. They are food safe so I put one serving of hot chocolate in it with marshmallows and put a hershey kiss on the lid. Sorry, I don't have a picture but they were really cute! I got them when they were 70% off at Michael's last year and thought I would try them. I had 23 and sold them all at one sale! I only charged $2. Next year, if I do them again I will charge $2.50.

I also made 20 of the Santa nugget boxes (can be seen on my blog) and sold out of those on Saturday. I am selling the penguin bars but have not sold one of the santa bars. Next year I am going back to the snowman bars.

I also made kleenex holders from fabric and those are going like hot cakes too!

I have two more sales this weekend and then will bring stuff in to work to sell. I will give a final total and count of what sold at that time.

Congrats to all who have had great sales! Good luck to those that have sales yet to come and keep your chin up to those who are struggling! At the sale I was at on Monday, two other people had cards for sale, and it was a small sale! I was able to choose my table and I almost set up next to them! I moved across the room once I saw what they were selling (not that I only sell cards but I didn't want competition, nor did I want to be the competition for them lol). I did sell some cards, but I usually don't sell many at craft sales, which is ok...people at work buy them!

Ta for now!

My sometimes neglected blog
Old 11-20-2012, 08:39 AM   #4737
Glitter Guru

I won't give up my sales. It might be hard to find an event where there are no papercrafters there. I just need to make sure my stuff is quality, priced right. I also try to do something different each year - my gift tags and gift card holders are always different each year. Next year I will do the glove/socks for the snowmen hats (if I can get them cheap enough).

I was quoting Mary here above.....

This may not be cheap enough but Walmarts in my area have those little stretchy gloves 2 pair for 97 cents. The color selection isnt the best but at least 2 of the colors are school colors (bright blue and red) around here so I buy them. They are paired with a gray and a navy blue so those sell fine too. Then I pick up a couple of 2 packs of black so I have 5 different colors to sell. I found one little lone set of pink gloves, 1 light, 1 bright and was searching the store all over, but that was the only set! So 2 of my popcorns will be snowwomen. =)
Old 11-20-2012, 10:44 AM   #4738
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kspiv View Post

This may not be cheap enough but Walmarts in my area have those little stretchy gloves 2 pair for 97 cents. The color selection isnt the best but at least 2 of the colors are school colors (bright blue and red) around here so I buy them. They are paired with a gray and a navy blue so those sell fine too. Then I pick up a couple of 2 packs of black so I have 5 different colors to sell. I found one little lone set of pink gloves, 1 light, 1 bright and was searching the store all over, but that was the only set! So 2 of my popcorns will be snowwomen. =)
So you only use one of the gloves for each snowman right?

Old 11-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #4739
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by imlynne View Post
By any chance do you have a picture? Would love to see how you used the Dollarama boxes.
I'm kicking myself in the pants for not taking individual pictures of things. On the last page you can see them in the top right hand cubby of the shelving unit I used on my table though.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:26 PM   #4740
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Thanks, I will check out Walmart for them - Target had the 'magic' gloves but they were $1.50 for a pair. They used to be $1.

And I assume you used the pair for the candy/popcorn- tucking the extra glove into the one you put on the head?? I suppose you could do one glove per item too, but if you can use both then they get a pair of gloves as a gift too? Maybe I'm wrong on that but if they fit, that's what I'm going to do and will charge more than I charge now for them.

Dollar Store has them (oh and I TOO LOVE MY DOLLAR STORE) and they are (wait for it!) $1 per pair! but they have all sorts of fun colors too (and kids sizes too). Socks as well.

MY GALLERY
Old 11-21-2012, 11:39 AM   #4741
Glitter Guru

I do not do one glove....I tuck the other glove inside the "hand part" of the glove I am using as the hat to give it a little bulk. Then I tie some bakers twine with a jingle bell around the fingers of that glove. I found that trying to put one glove inside the other was a pain and also made the fingers too bulky and it didn't look cute. the fingers were literally sticking up. This way, they look more like a poof ball on top of the hat.

I know some people use just one glove. I would never do that because what's the point? This makes two gifts in one and people really liked that. I made sure my sign said "My hat is a pair of gloves!" so people knew and they loved that. If you are getting 1 pair of gloves for about 50 cents, why not give them a whole set?!

PS...I liked how easy it was to just use the gloves. I am considering it for the candy bars next year but will have to up my price then. Popcorn is twice as cheap as the candy bars so I felt like I could charge the same price for both.
Attached Thumbnails
popcorn.jpg  
Old 11-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #4742
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeteens View Post
So you only use one of the gloves for each snowman right?
Sandra...I am using both gloves, giving them a set of gloves. See my post above to explain and the picture helps visualize a bit.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:44 PM   #4743
Matboard Maniac

Kelly, is there a different size to use for the popcorn snowman? I have the Hershey one, but would like to try the popcorn one. I do not know how to resize anything, so I need either directions or a jpeg or whatever it is that I can just print off. Thanks. The gloves are very cute and would give me another way to use the snowman.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:00 AM   #4744
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Sandra...I am using both gloves, giving them a set of gloves. See my post above to explain and the picture helps visualize a bit.
Thanks, Kelly! That makes sense!

Old 11-22-2012, 09:11 AM   #4745
Kookie Creator

I found gloves at the Dollarama here in Canada, two pair for $1.25. Not too bad I think. And a variety of colours too and some stripey red ones! I'm all set for next year! lol

Old 11-22-2012, 11:11 PM   #4746
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
I found gloves at the Dollarama here in Canada, two pair for $1.25. Not too bad I think. And a variety of colours too and some stripey red ones! I'm all set for next year! lol
LOL
That is just like me. Any shopping I am doing now is buying products for next year's shows.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:00 AM   #4747
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Oh I should mention that... in the school where I do mine the lady who coordinates it does not have another card maker in that show... BUT, there are now at least 10 other vendors selling their cards ( most are printed photo cards) and I did spy 3 other booths selling the wrapped snowman Hershey bars. I only have cards I mean 3 other booths but, not counting me.

they are pretty stinkin' cute. but, it surprises me to see a booth where the main thing is those wrapped candy bars and they don't seem to be selling ( or they have so many under the table the containers do not have gaps towards the end of the show?)

I know when I did princess house I only did shows where I would be the only Princess House organizer there ( which was typical because, the downline here was all mine and I just had people work shifts to book parties at them) but, I am thinking if you are thinking of a "good" show the organizer should know what the other vendors are doing and not have 3 card makers in the same event. or 3 papercrafter's so, it makes me wonder what they put on their form when they get in so that they can get into the show if you are already there.

and yes, I am now in make Christmas cards for next season mode
Old 11-23-2012, 06:08 AM   #4748
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
LOL
That is just like me. Any shopping I am doing now is buying products for next year's shows.
I just hope I don't forget I bought them and where I stored them! lol

Old 11-23-2012, 09:21 AM   #4749
Matboard Maniac

"they are pretty stinkin' cute. but, it surprises me to see a booth where the main thing is those wrapped candy bars and they don't seem to be selling ( or they have so many under the table the containers do not have gaps towards the end of the show?)"

I do the popcorn snowmen & I always keep my basket full of them thru the end of the show. The first time I sold them, I only had a few left towards the end of the sale & noticed people hardly looked at them. Then I started making larger quantities of them to take to a show & keep the display full, they sell better. I did a 2 day show at the beginning of the month & towards the end of the first day & even on the second day, I had other vendors coming over to ask me what was getting all the attention. When 2 or more people came together, one would pick up a snowman & say "isn't that cute" & it would go on from there. It seemed even if they didn't buy one right then, a lot of customers would come back & buy one, "just because it's so cute".

The only time I really start running low is the last show of the season. But I usually still have extra & use those for gifts.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:11 PM   #4750
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Okay the school I do mine in.. the booths are either hand made things or antiques... so the booths that had the candy bars... they were people selling antiques mainly with the snowman bars... ( they didn't make anything else)

so when you see 3 different ones over the two rooms doing it... I think that hurt all of them not doing something different. KWIM? but, it did make those snowmen POP in the display to see all the shiny white wrappers.

I think a whole bunch of people around here "discovered" pinterest this year lol there were so many people with exactly the same things. ( things I've seen my friends and people I follow pin over an over again)
Old 11-24-2012, 04:37 AM   #4751
Glitter Guru

Just had to come on and tell everyone, cuz I am bursting! I have a friend (tupperware consultant) who has a vendor show at her house every year. I just meet her and give her all my goodies and she takes care of everything. I don't even have to go! Well anyway, she just called to tell me that I made $260!!!! Holy Cow, I can't even imagine that i sent enough stuff to make that much, KWIM?
I will pick up myleftovers and $$ on MOnday, which means that I will have some mad crafting to do this week before my show next Saturday, but heck who cares...this makes it worth it for me!
Thanks for letting me share, I know that you all will understand!
Old 11-24-2012, 05:09 AM   #4752
Creative Crew SU Design Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendykins View Post
Just had to come on and tell everyone, cuz I am bursting! I have a friend (tupperware consultant) who has a vendor show at her house every year. I just meet her and give her all my goodies and she takes care of everything. I don't even have to go! Well anyway, she just called to tell me that I made $260!!!! Holy Cow, I can't even imagine that i sent enough stuff to make that much, KWIM?
I will pick up myleftovers and $$ on MOnday, which means that I will have some mad crafting to do this week before my show next Saturday, but heck who cares...this makes it worth it for me!
Thanks for letting me share, I know that you all will understand!
That's great!
Old 11-24-2012, 05:13 AM   #4753
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
I just hope I don't forget I bought them and where I stored them! lol
Heh heh! I did that last year. This year I started a notebook just for craft fair stuff. In it I have basic instructions for what I make, some printed photos, a report of how my show went this year (what sold, what didn't) what I have left in my inventory that I can reuse next year and most importantly, a list of things I've bought and where I've stored them. lol This will save a lot of headaches once I start crafting again. I have on my list the projects that I can start right away and finish up when it gets closer to the show. I think this will help a LOT for next year's shows.

The other thing I did was dedicate just a couple of boxes to supplies that I'm picking up now. I have them labelled one and two, and next to the list of things I've bought I put the box number down. I'm trying to keep stuff for one project in the same box. We'll see how this goes in the new year!
Old 11-24-2012, 07:48 AM   #4754
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
I think a whole bunch of people around here "discovered" pinterest this year lol there were so many people with exactly the same things. ( things I've seen my friends and people I follow pin over an over again)
I think a lot of people all over the world discovered pinterest ! LOL! No wonder I'd another lady who did the snowman candy bar and lots of people telling me that they made them for gifts!
Old 11-24-2012, 12:20 PM   #4755
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

yes, so it makes me wonder if it would be smarter to have like a private pinterest board ( its possible to make them) that is like your stuff you want to make for your booth... but, the things I've noticed about my boards is the ones that are re-pinned most are things people could use for booths or displays... ( they are all public I have not made any private ones) and another thought is the fun of it is the sharing part. it's just it has to be frustrating to work all year on projects and see them done over and over around the room when you get a chance to leave your booth.

Sometimes I get emails from people I don't know asking about what sells best so I always direct them to this thread because, all I make is cards and tags kwim?
Old 11-24-2012, 08:07 PM   #4756

Quote:
yes, so it makes me wonder if it would be smarter to have like a private pinterest board ( its possible to make them) that is like your stuff you want to make for your booth... but, the things I've noticed about my boards is the ones that are re-pinned most are things people could use for booths or displays... ( they are all public I have not made any private ones) and another thought is the fun of it is the sharing part. it's just it has to be frustrating to work all year on projects and see them done over and over around the room when you get a chance to leave your booth.

Sometimes I get emails from people I don't know asking about what sells best so I always direct them to this thread because, all I make is cards and tags kwim?
I made my craft show Pinterest board private last week.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:07 PM   #4757
Insane Embellisher

Yes...pinterest. I haven't even really had time to get active on there. I will look occasionally when someone links to something. However, I have had alot of people at my table say "you must be on pinterest".. so I guess some of my ideas are well-documented on there. I always end up modifying them to my own style though.

I gave in at the last minute and make popcorn and choc bars. What a surprise that almost all popcorns are gone, but I still have chocolate bars...quite a lot compared to last year. Next year, I won't be making snowmen choc.bars or popcorn. I need to take a break from them.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:43 AM   #4758
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

I guess what I am trying to say is... I just love all the sharing that goes on here and I worry about it at the same time. esp. for the people who are not "established" with a following of buyers yet and Im thinking those people need to find a way to stand out in their brand new booths...
Old 11-25-2012, 08:26 AM   #4759
Embossing Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to MegsLeigh Send a message via MSN to MegsLeigh Send a message via Skype™ to MegsLeigh

Quote:
I guess what I am trying to say is... I just love all the sharing that goes on here and I worry about it at the same time. esp. for the people who are not "established" with a following of buyers yet and Im thinking those people need to find a way to stand out in their brand new booths...
I think it really helps when you are able to add your own spin to things being inspired here. I write comics and have an on-going series, and I'm working with my co-creator to develop some cards and paper products themed around our characters, because we both love tea and I love to make cards and other papercrafts.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:28 AM   #4760

Quote:
I love all the sharing in here too! I'm taking pictures to show y'all, put I'm not putting them 'out there' on Pinterest, where our local competition might see them.