Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 10:42 AM   #4681
Hardware Hotshot

Diane, I didn't have any problems with yellowed ones from the Dollarama, but the store here just opened about 6 months ago so I guess the stock is pretty fresh.

Kelly, those are too cute! I love the mini bars. I've also been putting jingle bells on pretty much anything and everything. lol
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-15-2012, 10:48 AM   #4682
Glitter Guru

Send a message via AIM to kspiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrussom View Post
Kelly - I love the idea of the little acrylic pads. I have those frames too (using for signage) but those are super adorable.

And I think the hat on the snowmen is a fabulous idea. I did that for my family last year (mittens and fun holiday socks) on 'movie type' candy boxes. After Christmas this year I'm buying those up when they are on sale so i can use them for sales next year.

So prices - can you share - what you sold the little frames and candies for (your mints and nuggets had more in them than mine did). My pretzel bags had a flap on them (which the previous ones didn't) so I lost some space there.
Mary,
I had pretty much everything priced at around $3.
Acrylic frames $3 each- I sold about 3 this way (I had 15), then at the end of the first day, a lady was wanting to buy up the rest for her nurse co-workers so I did 2 for $5 on the remaining ones so that she could get cute, inexpensive gifts for them. the frames are 50 cents each (with tax included) at Walmart, and the gel pens I got at Staples when they had them $2 for a box of 12. Got 2 boxes of them (that was the limit), so I only have 9 pens left. The regular $5 price is too steep for me! LOL

Peppermint Patty and Hershey mini bar treat bags were $3 each or 4 for $10. Mostly sold them that way and I allowed people to mix and match all my $3 candy/food treats as 4 for $10. They loved this so they didnt have to just get 4 of the same thing. I have 5 patties and 7 mini candy bars in the bag. I also did a 2 pack of the mini candy bars for $1 each or 3 for $2.50. I'm going to change that up a bit since I am doing PP 2 pack treats like a snowman and I am going to do 3 mini bars this time....both of those will be $1.50 each or 4 for $5. Still keeping the full sized packs tho...just like to offer a bit cheaper version for those that have to buy a small gift for a ton of people.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #4683
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
ok..I uploaded pics of some of my stocking stuffer items including the hot chocolate packs. I
will add other items tomorrow, but like to spread out my posts on Facebook son people are not bombarded with messages from me.
Your stuff is so lovely (as always!) Diane! No wonder you sell so well!
Old 11-16-2012, 08:28 AM   #4684
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by kspiv View Post
Here are some items I am currently working on or that were sold at my last craft fair.

I pretty much put jingle bells on everything....I just love jingle bells! LOL
Beautiful items Kelly! Those acrylic frames are lovely and so are the peppermind patties! Yes I too love putting bells on everything
Old 11-16-2012, 11:55 AM   #4685
Insane Embellisher

A few responses and comments to the recent posts:

-Thanks to all for the compliments! It is appreciated.

-My larger glass gems are just over 1" size.

-Those peppermint patties are super cute!

I am headed off to set up for a show soon. It is a Friday evening and Saturday show.
I broke down and bought some black grid walls for display. Hubby is picking them up before the show. They weren't as expensive as I thought...$20 for a 4ft piece. it will help me go more vertical!

Good luck to anyone else who has a show this weekend.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:04 AM   #4686
Hardware Hotshot

I set up for my weekend show last night. I leave in a couple of hours to get started. I took a couple of quick pics last night when I was done arranging. I have lots more stuff under the table for adding if this stuff sells. Anyone ever get to a show and doubt your work? Ugh... Completely doing that last night. Ah well. At worst I'll get in some quality time with my aunts. They're each helping me out a day.
Attached Thumbnails
shelf-001.jpg   three-001.jpg   two-001.jpg  
Old 11-17-2012, 04:01 AM   #4687
Creative Crew SU Design Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
A few responses and comments to the recent posts:

-Thanks to all for the compliments! It is appreciated.

-My larger glass gems are just over 1" size.

-Those peppermint patties are super cute!

I am headed off to set up for a show soon. It is a Friday evening and Saturday show.
I broke down and bought some black grid walls for display . Hubby is picking them up before the show. They weren't as expensive as I thought...$20 for a 4ft piece. it will help me go more vertical!

Good luck to anyone else who has a show this weekend.
That sounds interesting, where did you get them?
I just saw this display and wanted to show y'all. I like the screens of fabric and wondered if any of y'all had done something like this. I'm thinking it would be easy to make with pvc pipe and sheets. We practiced our set up yesterday. I'm still trying to kind of work it out and make it.....I dunno... better I guess. I mean, I like what we did for the most part. maybe looking for ways to tweak it?
Old 11-17-2012, 08:24 AM   #4688
Insane Embellisher

Yesterday was my first day of three. It was really slow for attendance but I was the only one there with cards. I sold 9 of my regular cards and more than 10 of my special Christmas cards. I came away with over 120.00. Reindeer poop and the wrapped chocolate bars did not go well, but again, it was a slow attendance. Today will be rocking for people I am sure. I sell my cards for $4.00 each and people do not bat an eye, they do ask for multiple pricing and I stand firm at after 10 you get one free.

Lorri
Old 11-17-2012, 08:31 AM   #4689
Matboard Maniac

Your set up looks wonderful & very professional! And as for doubts, I do the same thing, every time. And yet I get loads of compliments from customers & generally do well with my sales. Good luck & I hope you sell out!
Old 11-17-2012, 09:28 AM   #4690
Inking Addict

nruss....I like your display, especially the cube shelves. They display your product well and not too crowded. What is on the top middle shelf? It is shaped like a tree with a bow on top. Good luck on your sales.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:22 AM   #4691
Gabfest Goddess

Cute project:
Qbee's Quest: Scored Hershey's Christmas Tree Tutorial
www.icantbelieveimadethat.blogspot.com
Proud RAK Member
"Always do your best. What you plan now, you will harvest later." Og Mandino
Old 11-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #4692
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks ladies! The first day went very well. I sold $560 worth of stuff and I'm actually out of a lot of things now. Day two should be a lot slower, but that's OK.
NanaKaren, those are trees! They're made with a styrofoam cone, paper and a lot of pins. Very time consuming to make so this will probably be the one and only time I do these to sell.
Best sellers today were post it note magnets, dog treats, pencil holders, gift card holders and journals.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:59 PM   #4693
Rubber Obsessor

Default show

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsruss View Post
Thanks ladies! The first day went very well. I sold $560 worth of stuff and I'm actually out of a lot of things now. Day two should be a lot slower, but that's OK.
Wow, that's an awesome show! Way to go!
Old 11-17-2012, 09:29 PM   #4694
FiP
Rubber Obsessor

nsruss, your stuff looks great, well displayed and the results speak for themselves. I would be on cloud nine to sell so much in one day! Congrats, you've done really well.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:04 PM   #4695
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
NanaKaren, those are trees! They're made with a styrofoam cone, paper and a lot of pins. Very time consuming to make so this will probably be the one and only time I do these to sell.
Best sellers today were post it note magnets, dog treats, pencil holders, gift card holders and journals.
Your stuff looks great!!
I like the trees. Did they end up selling? How much did you charge?
I think I have seen these before. Is it curled paper?
Old 11-18-2012, 03:39 AM   #4696
Hardware Hotshot

I sold one tree. I'm OK if I don't sell the other because I'll use it myself. lol I've got them priced at $10, and that hardly seems worth it. These ones aren't curled paper, but more of a loop and then you stick two pins in it to attach it. Then I put a paper mache star on the top, covered in glitter of course, and decorate with a bow and sometimes those adhesive sparkle gems.
I sold five sets of the coasters, went with 15 sets, so I'm hoping to sell more of those today. Those suckers are heavy and I don't want to have to pack them up. lol
Old 11-18-2012, 12:59 PM   #4697
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
I sold one tree. I'm OK if I don't sell the other because I'll use it myself. lol I've got them priced at $10, and that hardly seems worth it. These ones aren't curled paper, but more of a loop and then you stick two pins in it to attach it. Then I put a paper mache star on the top, covered in glitter of course, and decorate with a bow and sometimes those adhesive sparkle gems.
I sold five sets of the coasters, went with 15 sets, so I'm hoping to sell more of those today. Those suckers are heavy and I don't want to have to pack them up. lol
I know what you mean. I really should consider transportation issues when I decide to make something. I did Santa candy sleighs this year. There are a real pain to transport. They are light but cannot have one on top of the other. So, two boxes were needed - 12 in each box.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:00 PM   #4698
Inking Addict

Just popping in quickly to report success before I start my next job tomorrow!

I have sold 72 chocolate bars in two sales. Yesterday I sold 22 in less than 45 minutes at the opening of the sale I was at. I couldn't get them out fast enough. Have made almost $700 over three sales! This year has been great for paper crafts!
Old 11-18-2012, 02:26 PM   #4699
Embossing Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to MegsLeigh Send a message via MSN to MegsLeigh Send a message via Skype™ to MegsLeigh

Your table is absolutely gorgeous! I love it!
Old 11-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #4700
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaR View Post
Just popping in quickly to report success before I start my next job tomorrow!

I have sold 72 chocolate bars in two sales. Yesterday I sold 22 in less than 45 minutes at the opening of the sale I was at. I couldn't get them out fast enough. Have made almost $700 over three sales! This year has been great for paper crafts!
Are you dressing them as the snowmen?
Old 11-18-2012, 03:56 PM   #4701
Pearl-ExPert

I'm not doing coasters any longer. I have sold them at each sale (or at least each year) but they are too much of a bother to lug around. Plus I didn' like how some stamped out this year, the tiles just were too 'holey' so some I didn't even bring. I 'gave away' my last two at my last sale just so I didn't have to bring them home.

MY GALLERY
Old 11-18-2012, 04:22 PM   #4702
Polyshrink Goddess

My setups changed a little bit for each sale. The first (of the most recent) ones was an 8 foot table, at a local firehall. This was my 3rd year here.
Attached Thumbnails
oaksnov32012.jpg  
Old 11-18-2012, 04:25 PM   #4703
Polyshrink Goddess

The second show was only a 6 foot table, and I added a stack of shelves on the end. It was a bit crowded. Sorry for the blurry picture, taken with my cell phone. Left and right sides of the table
Attached Thumbnails
stsophias1.jpg   stsophias_2.jpg  
Old 11-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #4704
Polyshrink Goddess

The third place was a folding table they use in the lunch room. I am not sure how long the table was, but I am guessing 10 or 12 feet.
Attached Thumbnails
visinov16.jpg  
Old 11-18-2012, 04:31 PM   #4705
Polyshrink Goddess

Some close ups of some of the items I made. Three versions of framed art (thanks to the person -sorry forgot who it was - who posted the original - the red one where words are in one line version on here. The other two inspired by Jan Tink). The KCups holder I found online but tweeked it so it is also a Gift card holder. And Hershey nuggets.
Attached Thumbnails
oaks_frame1.jpg   oaks_frame2.jpg   oaks_frame3.jpg   oaks_kcups.jpg   oaks_nuggets.jpg  

Old 11-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #4706
Polyshrink Goddess

Next are pencils with erasers sets, Spa sock cupcakes (the ones with stripes are kids socks) and Whisks. I only got a picture of these whisks, they sold so fast! I wish I had bought more of the socks and whisks as they were a HUGE hit!
Attached Thumbnails
oaks_pencils.jpg   oaks_spa-socks.jpg   oaks_whisks.jpg  
Old 11-18-2012, 09:40 PM   #4707
Embossing Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to MegsLeigh Send a message via MSN to MegsLeigh Send a message via Skype™ to MegsLeigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRKIDDO View Post
My setups changed a little bit for each sale. The first (of the most recent) ones was an 8 foot table, at a local firehall. This was my 3rd year here.
Those wire cubes are pretty great from what I've seen. I've used them when showing stuff at artist alleys at cons.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:45 PM   #4708
FiP
Rubber Obsessor

MonicaR - well done. You must be tickled pink with that result. I sure would be! It's nice to see hard work (even for a hobby) pay off.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:01 PM   #4709
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

okay mine's done for this year. ( I only have one event that's two days in a school here) ( in a hallway ) so here's some mug shots... of the booth. ( did 5.25 shy of 500 over two days this is all one of a kind cards and gift tags) so what sold best is Christmas gift tags followed by Christmas cards and Birthday cards. Thanksgiving cards sold out. sold some Anniversary and Baby Congratulations (more than normal) this year and was asked for pregnancy congratulation cards...
I technically have an 6' table "space" this year I did not bring a table, the vintage luggage racks, vintage luggage and ladder are all yardsale finds. ( the stain i used on the ladder was special mixed at home depot) the ladder I paid 1.00 for it. and then bought a pine board hubs cut and router-ed, the kid sanded the boards so I stained them.

there are other mug shots on the booth. I'm tired I wish I had been able to take more with me Christmas wise but, it wasn't to be in the timeline so, I think this year I will up my quota I do for the Christmas cards challenge.
Attached Thumbnails
sm2012sat3-jbgreendawn.jpg   sm2012sat4-jbgreendawn.jpg   sm2012fri3-jbgreendawn.jpg   sm2012fri4-jbgreendawn.jpg  
Old 11-19-2012, 01:24 AM   #4710
Insane Embellisher

I am loving all the reports from everyone...and the display pics!! Looking great.
Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:38 AM   #4711
Hardware Hotshot

After my two day sale I ended up just shy of $700, but I did get three orders, so once I get those done I'll be over the $700. Unfortunately I didn't sell out of coasters, but that's OK. I did end up selling out of a few other things. The dog treats were a BIG hit. I think I'll start on some more of those soon. Then when the time comes next year I just have to put the treats in the boxes. The pencil holders sold out as well. Gift card holders were a huge seller (I didn't sell out but I had a ridiculous amount to sell). Hot chocolate holders sold well, Post it magnets sold really well, altered composition books, covered mini legal pads and the acrylic frame post its were also good sellers. Surprisingly I didn't sell many M&M sticks, I thought those would go fast, but that's OK because I'll use those at work instead of cards. I also didn't sell many cards, but again I'm OK with that. I made them as a last minute addition to the table and someone else was there selling cards for $1. I refused to lower mine to that price. Now I have my Christmas cards for the year. I had a few things on the table that I've had for a couple of years now and sold all of them, so that was fantastic. I was getting sick of packing them up. The altered frames from Michael's went over well too. I had those done up in Christmas themes. I didn't know how they would do so I didn't make as many as I should have. Live and learn for next year I guess. Overall I'm very pleased with how it went. For next year I'm going to focus more on stocking stuffer type items as those were the ones that sold the best. Little girls loved the pencil holders and the covered notepads and anything in bright colors and their moms or grandmothers were more than happy to buy because the price was right. It helped I think that I was next to a table where the girl sold hair bows and tutus. She was great to talk to. Nothing will go to waste as I can reuse it next year, or use it for myself this year, so yay!
Old 11-19-2012, 04:35 AM   #4712
Cardstock Collector

I am doing my first and only sale of the season next weekend and am in the process of pricing, what do you sell your choc bar snowmen for? and any other pricing would help.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:37 AM   #4713
Cardstock Collector

congrats on a great sale nsruss..would love to see some pics if you have any!
Old 11-19-2012, 07:16 AM   #4714
Die Cut Diva

Congratulations on all the great sales!

And thanks for the pics of all the table set ups!
Old 11-19-2012, 07:21 AM   #4715
Glitter Guru

Send a message via AIM to kspiv

nsruss...your stuff is so cute! And your display great! So glad you did so well over the weekend! 2 day events are always hard but I did pretty well on my second day also. My next and only other fair is Dec 1st and it's just a one day-er.

I agree, my stocking stuff type items always go best....and pricing things right is the key. Honestly, I try to go mostly on what I would be willing to pay. I'm kinda cheap, so I know if I would buy it at that price, others would too. I would rather sell it than pack it up and take it home because the price was a little too high.

Nicholepark...I sell mine for $3 each or 4 for $10. I'm sure others do different prices. I also do other $3 items and allow people to mix and match the 4 for $10 with any of my $3 items. This helps them go fast. I did sell 50 of the hershey candy bars at my 2 day event the other weekend, so I don't think the price is too high.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:46 AM   #4716

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholpark View Post
I am doing my first and only sale of the season next weekend and am in the process of pricing, what do you sell your choc bar snowmen for? and any other pricing would help.
4 dollars
Old 11-19-2012, 07:47 AM   #4717

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRKIDDO View Post
The second show was only a 6 foot table, and I added a stack of shelves on the end. It was a bit crowded. Sorry for the blurry picture, taken with my cell phone. Left and right sides of the table
Gina, thanks so much for posting pictures!! I'm going to get some of those wire cubes now!
Old 11-19-2012, 07:49 AM   #4718

nsruss, so glad your show went so well!
Old 11-19-2012, 07:53 AM   #4719

Stacy, love your display! The suitcases look wonderful
Old 11-19-2012, 09:13 AM   #4720
Rubber Obsessor

I love the pictures and sale reports. Thanks everyone!