Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree464Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 04:38 AM   #4641
Polyshrink Goddess

Last night I was called by the gal organizing the show I am doing this weekend. It was supposde to be all day Friday and all day Saturday. However they are also open Thursday evening. I was curious about that, but I know they sell lots of food at this show, so I assumed it was for the food. Well...I was invited to also do Thursday night..usually only vendors that have been there year after year have this privilege so I am very excited!!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-07-2012, 08:15 AM   #4642
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRKIDDO View Post
Last night I was called by the gal organizing the show I am doing this weekend. It was supposde to be all day Friday and all day Saturday. However they are also open Thursday evening. I was curious about that, but I know they sell lots of food at this show, so I assumed it was for the food. Well...I was invited to also do Thursday night..usually only vendors that have been there year after year have this privilege so I am very excited!!!!

That's awesome. I hope you do well at the sale!

MY GALLERY
Old 11-07-2012, 08:44 AM   #4643
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendykins View Post
Exactly what I did....I just had a few examples with lipgloss, chocolate or gift cards in them, but sold them empty for that price too...worked great!
That is a great idea and would make these purses worth selling in terms of money! A lady, after having bought the snowman popcorn, asked whether there was popcorn inside and that made me realize that some people really care about the packaging and not about whether the popcorn is included or not.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:45 AM   #4644
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
Big sellers were my coffee cup gift card holders, hot chocolate packs, M&M stix, and I also sold alot of my necklaces, which was nice.
Glad to know that you did well Diane! How do you package hot chocolate packs? I'm looking for some new ideas.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #4645
Polyshrink Goddess

I had my one and only show this past weekend and I was very pleased with the sales. I made a variety of papercrafted items, as well as some recycled/repurposed items. This is the first year in about 5 that I basically sold out of almost everything, so I am ecstatic with the results. Here is what I did:

Lightbulb snowmen made 12, sold 12
Lightbulb penguins made 12, sold 12
snowman and santa wrapped chocolate bars made 48, sold 48
sets of 6 Christmas cards made 13, sold 10
altered pringles cans made 24, sold 24
tea bag and hot chocolate holders made 24 (12 each), sold 24
decorated boxes with 24 gift tags made 7, sold 7 (boxes were either the Laughing Cow cheese containers or the boxes that your cheques from the bank come in)
loose large cards made 10 sold 6
loose small cards made 28, sold 13
loose gift tags made 60, sold 34
dry-erase acrylic frames made 2, sold 2
post-it note frame had 1 leftover from last year, sold it
covered journals with matching pens made 12, sold 12
wine cards gift box - 6 wine themed cards plus handcrafted cork made 1, sold one

Basically, all I am left with is loose cards, boxes of Christmas cards and christmas gift tags, all of which I can use for myself. It was a fundraiser, and I provided $634 of products to sell, and generated sales of $565. I also have requests for 4 sets of cards and two light bulb penguins.

Happy crafting everyone!
Old 11-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #4646
Creative Crew SU Design Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash&rusty View Post
I had my one and only show this past weekend and I was very pleased with the sales. I made a variety of papercrafted items, as well as some recycled/repurposed items. This is the first year in about 5 that I basically sold out of almost everything, so I am ecstatic with the results. Here is what I did:

sets of 6 Christmas cards made 13, sold 10
altered pringles cans made 24, sold 24
tea bag and hot chocolate holders made 24 (12 each), sold 24
decorated boxes with 24 gift tags made 7, sold 7 (boxes were either the Laughing Cow cheese containers or the boxes that your cheques from the bank come in)
loose large cards made 10 sold 6
loose small cards made 28, sold 13
loose gift tags made 60, sold 34
dry-erase acrylic frames made 2, sold 2
post-it note frame had 1 leftover from last year, sold it
covered journals with matching pens made 12, sold 12
wine cards gift box - 6 wine themed cards plus handcrafted cork made 1, sold one

Basically, all I am left with is loose cards, boxes of Christmas cards and christmas gift tags, all of which I can use for myself. It was a fundraiser, and I provided $634 of products to sell, and generated sales of $565. I also have requests for 4 sets of cards and two light bulb penguins.

Happy crafting everyone!
Slad you did so well, thanks for sharing.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:49 PM   #4647

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRKIDDO View Post
Way to go Gina!!
Old 11-13-2012, 06:44 AM   #4648
Hardware Hotshot

I'm all geared up for my two day show this weekend. Everyone keeps telling me that it's probably going to be crazier than I'm anticipating. I've never been to this show because I just moved here. Anyway, I hope I have enough stuff made! I have a lot of tile coasters, journals, photo albums, photo frames, altered notebooks, dog treats, M&M sticks, pencil holders, hot chocolate holders... All kinds of stuff. I hope I do as well as Elizabeth! lol I'm excited for it. Setup will be Friday night and the sale itself is four hours on Saturday and four on Sunday.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:13 AM   #4649
Inking Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by smriti View Post
Ok, I never got a response to my previous post so trying again

I need a suggestion from you ladies - I've seen people here mention that they package the cocoa mix sachets and sell them; but I've never seen anybody mention coffee sachets. I was thinking that it would be nice to package Starbucks Via coffee sachets and sell them just like cocoa with some poem, etc. Especially because I've seen more people who're coffee lovers than cocoa lovers. But I wasn't sure if it was a no-no because of it's caffeine or something else. Any opinions?
Our office is mental for Keurig-type coffee cups. Spendy compared to a cocoa or tea pack but with a DSP band around them and a bit of ribbon they would be cute.

Living my happily ever after.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:43 AM   #4650
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
I had my one and only show this past weekend and I was very pleased with the sales.
Happy crafting everyone!
That is awesome Elizabeth! Congratulations - that's a great start to the holiday season
Old 11-13-2012, 08:53 AM   #4651
Glitter Guru

Send a message via AIM to kspiv

I had my first of two shows this weekend. I only do this one, which is a 2 day event at a catholic school/church and one in early Dec, which is at my local high school.

I was ecstatic with my sales! I sold out of 95% of my items and made some good money. I, of course only took 2 pictures as I was getting busy while I was taking pics and then didn't get back to it. I love seeing everyone's pictures of their displays and items, too! I'll take pics at my Dec 1st show (if I remember! HA)

I find that at the two sales I work (and all of them are different) I can't hardly give away anything "nice" that I made. Meaning the pictures, banners, etc. And I think I make cute stuff (dont we all? BUT my candy and treat items and smaller items like desktop post-it notepads always sell out. People are cheap, myself included, and if they are buying co-worker gifts, teacher gifts, etc. they don't really want to spend more than a couple of $ on each person. It can really add up.

Here is a list of what I sold:
Owl Twizzler Treats - made 32, sold 16 - $1.50 each or 4 for $5
Santa Twizzler Treats - made 73, sold 56 - $1.50 each or 4 for $5
Twizzler Treats - made 42, sold 42 - 50 cents each or 3 for $1
Snowman Lifesavers - made 20, sold 20 - $3 each or 4 for $10
Snowman Candy Bars - made 50, sold 50 - $3 each or 4 for $10
Snowman Popcorn - made 28, sold 28 (these had a pair of gloves as their hat this year and I did much better on them that way) - $3 each or 4 for $10
Mini DSP wrapped Candy Bar Treats (pk of 7) - made 24, sold 24 = $3 each or 4 for $10
Mini DSP wrapped Candy Bar Treats (pk of 2) - made 17, sold 17 - $3 each or 4 for $10
Peppermint Patty Treats (pk of 5) - made 14, sold 14 - $3 each or 4 for $10
Rudy Treats - made 12, sold 9 - $3 each or 4 for $10
Snowman Soup Treats (hot cocoa pack with a candy cane in the paper mug) - made 10, sold 10 - $3 each or 4 for $10
Apron with Tea Bags - made 8, sold 8 - $3 each or 4 for $10
Cocoa Cones - made 10, sold 10 - $4 each or 2 for $7
DSP covered Mini Tissue Packets - made 16, sold 16 - $1 each
Mini Acrylic Desktop Post-it note holder with mini gel pen - made 15, sold 15 - $ 3 each
Post It Note holders with mini pen - made 14, sold 14 - $3.50 each or 3 for $10
Wine Woolie (wool sweater sleeve sewn into a wine bag) - made 6, sold 3 - $5 each
Chenille Wine Tote (tote made from vintage chenille bedspread) - made 2, sold 2 - $7 each
"Chanel" compact notepad & lipstick pen set - made 16, sold 4 & gave one away to a great customer who spent $80.
Sold various small items....a few magnets, a few gift card holders but nothing to speak of in that area. My candy stuff always sells the best!!

But now I have to make all this stuff over again for the Dec 1st fair. LOL

Oh, I wanted to say....I had many of my items $3 each or 4 for $10 and allowed people to mix and match any of those items. I sold tons more stuff this way because they could get 1 of one thing, 2 of another, then 1 more of something else. It really went over well.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #4652
Insane Embellisher

Congrats, Kelly! Sounds like you put a lot of work into your sale and it paid off!

I did well with my candy treats, too....until two years ago when our Health Dept. decided to crack down, which eliminated almost all my candy crafts. Everything I sell now must be prepackaged at a commercial plant, so it's cost-prohibitive. Buying bulk candy/snacks and repackaging meant I could actually turn a small profit on each item. But without the economies of scale, it was a losing enterprise. I always wore latex food gloves and worked in a clean environment, but it didn't matter without a very expensive permit from the Health Dept. Sigh. That's life in regulation-crazy California!

I'm glad the whole world didn't go mad and folks can still find fun, inexpensive crafters like you!!

Blessings,
Kat
"Be Still and Know That I Am God" Ps. 46:10
Old 11-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #4653
Insane Embellisher

Default Cool!

Quote:

Hey, Elizabeth! Sounds like you had an EXCELLENT weekend!

Since food-treat crafts are out for me, I was curious about your lightbulb snowmen and penguins....do you have photos?

Thanks!

Kat
"Be Still and Know That I Am God" Ps. 46:10
Old 11-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #4654
Glitter Guru

Kat....ugh!! I guess I can understand their thinking but hey, thats they fun of these things is to be able to buy handmade and homemade treats. I'm sorry they cracked down on you all. I also always wear gloves, always have my hair pulled back and a hat on, wash my hands constantly, etc. when I prepare anything like that. However, I mostly do use prepacked items. Individually wrapped candy bars, popcorn, twizzlers, candy canes, peppermint patties, etc. Can you check in to these items and see if they would work for you? All are prepared in large factories under health codes (which are probably less stringent than our own that we use in our own kitchens! LOL) and if bought in bulk at Sam's or Costco, can be quite economical. I know the individual twizzlers are about 5 cents a piece and I sold very simple ones with just a little tag topper stapled on the top for 50 cents each or 3 for $1.

My cocoa cones and hot chocolate for one was the bulk canister cocoa, marshmallows and chocolate chips that I divided up to make the treats, but I still did the cocoa packets treats with an indivually wrapped candy cane and put them in a paper mug that I got the template off of here for, so those might also work for you.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:54 PM   #4655
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Glad to know that you did well Diane! How do you package hot chocolate packs? I'm looking for some new ideas.
Sorry, I haven't uploaded my pics yet. I can't wait until my iphone comes in. It will be sooo much easier to snap a quick pic and upload it.

They are like a card, with an image and a chocolate dipped mint stick on the front. Inside, I adhered a Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate pack. I will let you know when I have uploaded pics.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:56 PM   #4656
Glitter Queen

Wow good job! you sold so much! I was wondering how much do you guys sell the candy purses for the 6x6 paper ones
Old 11-13-2012, 09:05 PM   #4657
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by kspiv View Post
Apron with Tea Bags - made 8, sold 8 - $3 each or 4 for $10
I am interested in these. Do you have a template?
I did a search and found one template but am interested in seeing some completed projects.
PaperScrapz
Old 11-13-2012, 10:05 PM   #4658
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojoxiexie View Post
Wow good job! you sold so much! I was wondering how much do you guys sell the candy purses for the 6x6 paper ones
I sold them empty for $2.50 each. I made them as gift card holders. Last year I had lip gloss in them and sold them for the same price. They are selling just fine empty. I did pick up sopme 75% off candy after Halloween to put in them for my next show, but I am still going to call them gift card holders.
Judi
Old 11-13-2012, 11:47 PM   #4659
Insane Embellisher

Where does everyone get their glass gems - the small ones?
My supplier is no longer selling them. Michaels and Walmart both sell irridescent small gems but not clear.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:07 AM   #4660
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
I did a search and found one template but am interested in seeing some completed projects.
PaperScrapz
paper apron - Bing Images

look at this one, really cute.
Judi
Old 11-14-2012, 05:13 AM   #4661
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
PaperScrapz
Diane,
I have a few tea bag aprons saved in Word, but I couldn't get the pictures onto a post. If you email me I can send you them. One has instructions and a photo tutorial. They are NOT my ideas, but ones I found online.
Judi
taylorjudi@hotamil.com
Old 11-14-2012, 05:14 AM   #4662
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Where does everyone get their glass gems - the small ones?
My supplier is no longer selling them. Michaels and Walmart both sell irridescent small gems but not clear.
Diane, I've had some luck with finding them at Dollarama. You do end up with a couple of duds in there, but not a big deal. I've found them sometimes in the craft section, and sometimes with the home decor items. I've also been able to find them at Great Canadian Dollar Store, but I don't have one of those here and it's been close to a year since I've been in one of those stores. I've ALSO seen them at The Bargain Shop. Not sure if you have those in Western Canada or not.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:34 AM   #4663

Quote:
PaperScrapz
I have this apron on a Pinterest board: UdderlyAwesome Stamping From The Heart: Christmas Apron with Hot Chocolate and Marshmellows and Happy Birthday to Lorraine Miles

And I think you saw these teabag holders:
Magnolia's Place: Totally Teabags!
Old 11-14-2012, 06:19 AM   #4664
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat55 View Post
Hey, Elizabeth! Sounds like you had an EXCELLENT weekend!

Since food-treat crafts are out for me, I was curious about your lightbulb snowmen and penguins....do you have photos?

Thanks!

Kat
I did take some pictures, I will post them later on tonight! I found several versions of the snowmen on Pinterest, and combined the best parts of each of them to come up with my own version. Same with the penguins. They are time consuming from the perspective of painting the lightbulbs because they each have at least 6 coats of paint on them, but they are not hard to make.

Sorry to hear about the food-treat issues, that really hurts!
Old 11-14-2012, 09:23 AM   #4665
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Sorry, I haven't uploaded my pics yet. I can't wait until my iphone comes in. It will be sooo much easier to snap a quick pic and upload it.

They are like a card, with an image and a chocolate dipped mint stick on the front. Inside, I adhered a Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate pack. I will let you know when I have uploaded pics.
Thanks for the info Diane! Will wait for the pics!
Old 11-14-2012, 09:24 AM   #4666
Pearl-ExPert

Congratulations Kelly on your awesome sales!
Old 11-14-2012, 09:30 AM   #4667
Die Cut Diva

Those Christmas aprons with cocoa are adorable! I usually make the paper mugs and slip in a pack of cocoa, but I may have to make some of these too.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:00 PM   #4668
Glitter Guru

Diane...I, of course!, got no pictures of the apron. But the template you showed on your post looks very similar to the one I use. I actually got my template in a card swap. She had made apron cards with a blank recipe card in the pocket. I thought it was super cute! It has tabs on the side of the bottom part of the apron that folds up tho. I like that because it creats more of a "pocket" for you to put things in. I will be making more for this craft fair so when I do, I'll post my pics. I use DSP and then I create cute little pockets on the large pocket and used white rick rack on them. I adhere my ribbon on with a glue dot on the back side and then use tiny buttons on the front where the "strap" meets the apron. I had a packet of hot chocolate and a candy can in them last year and couldnt give them away! This year, I just put 4 tea bags in them and put a tea poem with it and packaged it in a cello bag with a topper. I sold all the few I had and had a woman want 4 more. I'll go look for the template here, if they have it.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:25 PM   #4669
Glitter Guru

This is the apron template from Amuse Studio and is the same as mine.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 4th - Apron Template.pdf (92.9 KB, 118 views)
Old 11-14-2012, 07:19 PM   #4670
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
I did take some pictures, I will post them later on tonight!
As promised, here are the pictures:

Lightbulb penguin
Lightbulb snowman
Old 11-14-2012, 07:52 PM   #4671

Quote:

Lightbulb penguin
Lightbulb snowman
These are absolutely precious!!!
Old 11-14-2012, 11:59 PM   #4672
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Thanks for the info Diane! Will wait for the pics!
ok..I uploaded pics of some of my stocking stuffer items including the hot chocolate packs. I
will add other items tomorrow, but like to spread out my posts on Facebook son people are not bombarded with messages from me.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:07 AM   #4673
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsruss View Post
Diane, I've had some luck with finding them at Dollarama. You do end up with a couple of duds in there, but not a big deal. I've found them sometimes in the craft section, and sometimes with the home decor items. I've also been able to find them at Great Canadian Dollar Store, but I don't have one of those here and it's been close to a year since I've been in one of those stores. I've ALSO seen them at The Bargain Shop. Not sure if you have those in Western Canada or not.
Thanks. We don't have that brand of Dollar store here.
Dollarama does have some but they are yellowed (from sitting there for so long?), and I need them clear.
Oh well..guess I can't make any more this year. My mini magnet sets are flying off the table this year, even after I raised the price from $3 to $5.
It is a good problem to have, I suppose!
Old 11-15-2012, 04:26 AM   #4674

Quote:
ok..I uploaded pics of some of my stocking stuffer items including the hot chocolate packs. I
will add other items tomorrow, but like to spread out my posts on Facebook son people are not bombarded with messages from me.
I always enjoy seeing your things Diane, TFS
Old 11-15-2012, 08:00 AM   #4675
Glitter Guru

Here are some items I am currently working on or that were sold at my last craft fair.

The popcorn I was working on....still had to add a scarf. Just wanted to show how cute a pair of gloves is as the hat. Plus, it's two gifts in one.

The peppermint patties are the ones I am making currently. I just did clip art off my computer for those and it's made it so much eaiser than stamping or stickers!

The mini acrylic notepads are the 2x3ish sized ones at Walmart that I also use for signs at my fairs. Just thought they would make cute notepad holders also and I love the mini post its. Only the top post it is stamped on...the rest are blank. I just like that little extra it gives them.

The mini candy bars are just like the nuggets....wrap the candy car in paper and put it in a cello pretzel bad. I do put a piece of cardstock in there tho for stability. I can get 7 mini candy bars in the bag and still have room to close it up on the top and tie it off.

I pretty much put jingle bells on everything....I just love jingle bells! LOL
Attached Thumbnails
acrylic-notepads.jpg   peppermint-patties.jpg   popcorn.jpg   some-craft-fair-items.jpg  
Old 11-15-2012, 08:02 AM   #4676
Pearl-ExPert

Diane - I saw your items on Facebook and they were gorgeous! You do a very good job.

On the glass pebbles, I get mine from the dollar stores but I did see some on line too, probably ebay. Not sure if they are cost effective to buy and alter/sell but they are there.

I know you have answered this before, but how big are these that you use that you sell for $3 or more (the pebble magnets that is). I did do some and I sold a lot, but mine were 3 for $3 (although I think I could have gone up on them). But they were so cheap to make that I was making money no matter what I sold them for (the glass was $1 and it had at least 20 in there!). The biggest of mine are probably an inch or so.

MY GALLERY
Old 11-15-2012, 08:06 AM   #4677
Pearl-ExPert

Kelly - I love the idea of the little acrylic pads. I have those frames too (using for signage) but those are super adorable.

And I think the hat on the snowmen is a fabulous idea. I did that for my family last year (mittens and fun holiday socks) on 'movie type' candy boxes. After Christmas this year I'm buying those up when they are on sale so i can use them for sales next year.

So prices - can you share - what you sold the little frames and candies for (your mints and nuggets had more in them than mine did). My pretzel bags had a flap on them (which the previous ones didn't) so I lost some space there.

MY GALLERY
Old 11-15-2012, 08:52 AM   #4678
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Lightbulb penguin
Lightbulb snowman
These are so cute!!! Love them!
Old 11-15-2012, 08:53 AM   #4679
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorjudi View Post
paper apron - Bing Images

look at this one, really cute.
Judi
Wow thanks for the link! She has some lovely aprons on that post!
Old 11-15-2012, 11:15 AM   #4680
Matboard Maniac

Really cute things! Thanks for sharing.