Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-27-2012, 06:13 AM   #4561
Matboard Maniac

I've pretty much cut my shows back to 3-4 per year. It's so disappointing to go and set up and only a handful of shoppers attend. I feel as if I haved wasted my entire day. My best profit comes from a Christmas craft fair. Last year I made over $600! (Booth fee already deducted.) I treat my crafting as a business. I keep up with how much I spend, gas mileage, and profits. I also have an etsy shop where I sell tile coasters and printed note cards. I tried selling handmade note cards a while back and they just didn't do very well. I sell handmade cards at my craft shows. So my etsy is to help boost my profits. But my first love is making handmade cards! We have a card ministry at church and I love making handmade cards for that!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #4562
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc magnolia View Post
I finished 18 notepads in the clear cases, two more packages of Christmas tags, and a dozen teabag and cookie holders today. You can see them here on my blog.

I made a dozen teabag and cookie holders and they are sooo cute. I had fun choosing papers and ribbon for them. I used a stamp set called Tea Shop for the card that goes in the front. I love that stamp set it's so fun! I'm going to make the rest of the cards to go in the front pockets tomorrow. They are only about 3 by 3, but there are cute little tea cups and sayings in that set, oh and I have some tiny tea cup charms in my stash too. I'm thinking I'll price them at 4.00.
Carole, is there a tutorial somewhere for the tea bag holders? They are adorable!
Old 10-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #4563
Creative Crew SU Design Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknocker3 View Post
Carole, is there a tutorial somewhere for the tea bag holders? They are adorable!
I put a link to D. Pippin's blog on my blog. It is her own original pattern and instructions. She demonstrated at San Antonio at a Stampin' UP! regional.

On her blog are these two links:
http://stampingpro.com/wp-content/up...kieholder2.pdf
Teabag Pouch Tutorial - YouTube

I am having THE MOST FUN making these!! I'm going to make bunches and bunches. I'm using the tea shoppe stamp set and matching paper colors, ribbon and inks, putting pearls on them, using different shaped punches and even some teacup charms from my stash.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:24 AM   #4564
Pearl-ExPert

How were everyone's sales this weekend? Mine went well, around $250 in sales which is what I expected for the size of the event. Gift card holders and gift tags were the biggest seller as usual for me. the best thing about these sales is the people who come back every year looking for your table. I had that at both of my sales this season and it makes me feel good, like this is worth it. Got another one next weekend and have to replenish some items and make a couple of new things. But I'm wiped so hopefully I get something done today.

MY GALLERY
Old 10-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #4565
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
I know what you mean! When my hubby is at my table and I am walking towards it (after a wee break), I hear him gushing that his wife makes everything. It is so adorable.

Even funnier though - when he arrives at a show to help me (after set-up), the first thing he does is walk all around and reports back to me about which people "stole" ideas from me. It is so funny. I tell him that there are lots of on-line tutorials about how to do things too.

Only once have I noticed someone actually stole my idea. I know because I created the digital image on the item. The year prior, they bought the item from me (I remember them) and the following year, they used my image and poem in black and white (obviously photocopied because mine was a colour image). Oh well - what can you do?!
It's funny when people do this and claim it's their own. I had written my own friendship tea poem one year and sold tons at a local Christams craft sale. That spring someone was selling them with the same poem at the farmer's market. The lady next to me asked her where she got the poem and she claimed that she wrote it herself. I couldn't believe my ears! I had spent hours trying to come up with the last line! I waited until the customer left and said "I worked hard coming up with that poem, the least you could do is change a few words. Oh, and thanks for supporting my Christmas sale." Then I walked away.

My Gallery
Old 10-28-2012, 03:52 PM   #4566
Rubber Obsessor

Hello crafters I am looking for something to put my full size composition books and pens into I was thinking a zip lock but they are not too clear does anyone else have suggestions?? Are there cello bags that size im not even sure.

My blog ~ http://faithhopecrafts.blogspot.com/
Old 10-28-2012, 04:20 PM   #4567

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandianna View Post
Hello crafters I am looking for something to put my full size composition books and pens into I was thinking a zip lock but they are not too clear does anyone else have suggestions?? Are there cello bags that size im not even sure.
You know I'm starting to get away from putting everything in clear bags and stuff. I mean it takes time and money and often things just look better sitting in a basket. I'm not putting my comp books in any type of bag. I'm just going to display them in a cute basket. Same thing for my legal pad holders and the teabag holders.

I've had THE MOST FUN making those teabag and cookie holders!!! I blogged more about them today with more pictures and directions. I'm going to make at least 40 of them and charge 4.00 each.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:07 PM   #4568
Hardware Hotshot

I'm going to try these.... the tea bag and cookie holder is such a great gift idea!
Old 10-28-2012, 06:58 PM   #4569
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandianna View Post
I just bought a roll of clear cello and wrapped that around them. I do like to wrap all my items, if I can. It makes them more sturdy and durable. Since I do alot of shows, they can stay in good shape for the packing and unpacking... and also for storing until the next year.

I didn't make any new ones of those this year, but have 4 left from last year I will try to sell. They are just too large on my table! lol
Old 10-29-2012, 02:15 AM   #4570

Quote:
I just bought a roll of clear cello and wrapped that around them. I do like to wrap all my items, if I can. It makes them more sturdy and durable . Since I do alot of shows, they can stay in good shape for the packing and unpacking. .. and also for storing until the next year.

I didn't make any new ones of those this year, but have 4 left from last year I will try to sell. They are just too large on my table! lol
ohhhh so maybe I should wrap them. A roll of cello is a great idea Diane. thanks!
Old 10-29-2012, 08:03 AM   #4571
Matboard Maniac

When I bagged my comp books, I thought they looked good & did that to protect them. However, people would look at them & put them back down. So I quit packaging them & put them in baskets instead & they sold easily. I don't get what the difference was. They looked nice with a nice bag topper, too.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:40 AM   #4572
Inking Addict

I used to bag my composition books and spiral notebooks, but like others have said, they did not sell well. My last craft show I took they out of the bags when I got to the craft show, and I sold almost all of them! I could not believe it! I know every show is different, but maybe the bags kept the books from looking as good? I don't know, but I keep the books packaged in the bags for storage, then unpack them at the shows.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #4573
Inking Addict

Last year I made coffee cups from cardstock and filled them with chocolates and Starbucks Via coffee. Then place it in a cello bag with a cute tag. I had to explain what it was.Then people said "Oh!" and I sold several. This year I intend to have a nice display of them without the cello bag. I also will have a supply already in a cello bag because I think people would like to have it in a cello bag with the tag so it is all ready to give as a gift.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:10 AM   #4574
Glitter Queen

I bagged several of my items this year, and didn't sell as many! I think people like to look and touch stufff! For my next show I am going to take my items out of the bags and see if that helps!
Old 10-29-2012, 12:08 PM   #4575
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurph36 View Post
I'm going to try these.... the tea bag and cookie holder is such a great gift idea!
What type of cookies would you guys put in these? I am allergic to wheat, so I don't know anything about store bought cookies. The pictures in the linked posts seem more like crackers to me. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.
Judi
Old 10-29-2012, 02:18 PM   #4576

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorjudi View Post
What type of cookies would you guys put in these? I am allergic to wheat, so I don't know anything about store bought cookies. The pictures in the linked posts seem more like crackers to me. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.
Judi
I used tea cookies, which do kind of look like crackers, but that's very popular when having tea in the UK.

Any plain type of sugar cookie, Lorna Doones, or Royal Danish would be nice too.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:09 PM   #4577
Glitter Queen

Hi I have been looking at these treads for like ever and it is so great.
I have a couple of questions are you guys all stampin up members and what is the plus side?
I am also concerned about pricing I have my first ever show this saturday and i really want to make my table fee back. I also live in Canada in the Bc and if you know in the vancouver area so ya.
Composition Note books large:4.50 or 4.25???? is that too much
Mini comp books: 1.50 or 1.25
Legal pads no pen from dollar store: 3.00 too much????
coasters the cermatic ones: 8 dollars for a set
Clothes pins: 1.50??? for 5 too much????
post it note holders no pen: 1.75??? to much
cliboards $4.75 is that too mcuh
hershey bars not snowman decorated paper and a sentiment: 2.00 or two for 3.50 to much or should i just make it 1.75
Small box candy: 1.75 or two for thee too much?
house candy: same
tea packs 1.50 too much?
Chocolate packs 2.00 or two for 3.50 too much?
small gift card holders one dollars.
Thank you so much if you would let me know totally new at this thanks
Old 10-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #4578
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojoxiexie View Post
Hi I have been looking at these treads for like ever and it is so great.
I have a couple of questions are you guys all stampin up members and what is the plus side?
I am also concerned about pricing I have my first ever show this saturday and i really want to make my table fee back. I also live in Canada in the Bc and if you know in the vancouver area so ya.
Composition Note books large:4.50 or 4.25???? is that too much
Mini comp books: 1.50 or 1.25
Legal pads no pen from dollar store: 3.00 too much????
coasters the cermatic ones: 8 dollars for a set
Clothes pins: 1.50??? for 5 too much????
post it note holders no pen: 1.75??? to much
cliboards $4.75 is that too mcuh
hershey bars not snowman decorated paper and a sentiment: 2.00 or two for 3.50 to much or should i just make it 1.75
Small box candy: 1.75 or two for thee too much?
house candy: same
tea packs 1.50 too much?
Chocolate packs 2.00 or two for 3.50 too much?
small gift card holders one dollars.
Thank you so much if you would let me know totally new at this thanks
I think you are too low in your pricing. I live in BC also and these are some of my prices:
ITEM DESCRIPTION SELLING PRICE
Beaded Pens $ 3
Calendars (4x4 size magnetic) $ 4
Cards - Assorted $ 2
Cards Candle set style $ 4
Fairy Wands $ 4
Gift Card Holder (Coffee Cup) $ 3
Glass Magnet mini set/6 $ 4
Glass Magnet large $ 2
Hair Clip Set/2 assorted $ 4 or 3/$10
Hot Cocoa & Peppermint Stick Pack $ 3
Necklace Glass Pendant $ 12 or 2/$20
Notebook and Pen Large Comp Book $ 4
Notebook and Pen - Mini Comp Book $ 3
Notebook and Pen - Tall $ 3
Paper Purse Hand Cream $ 3
Paper Purse Kids Lip Gloss $ 3
Paper Purse Xmas Lip Balm $ 3
Pencil Packs decorative (boy) $ 2
Pencil Packs decorative (girl) $ 2
Post-It Note Book with Pen $ 4
Post-It Note magnetic (Disney) $ 3
Push Pin set/5 $ 3
Snowman Chocolate Bar Hershey $ 3 or 2/$5
Snowman Popcorn $ 4 or 2/$7
Tea Bag Holders $ 2 or 3/$5
Tic Tac Snowman Kisses $4 or 2/$7
Tooth Fairy Tin Set $ 5
Travel Mugs $ 2
Old 10-29-2012, 07:55 PM   #4579
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdesigns View Post
I bagged several of my items this year, and didn't sell as many! I think people like to look and touch stufff! For my next show I am going to take my items out of the bags and see if that helps!
I agree that people like to touch stuff. For these kinds of items, I leave one sample out for touching and looking at, but the rest are all packaged nicely.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:37 AM   #4580
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdesigns View Post
I bagged several of my items this year, and didn't sell as many! I think people like to look and touch stufff!
I bag all my items and put a sample of each without the bag so that people can touch, feel, open and do whatever they like with it. I found that that helps.

It also surprises me that so many people are willing to buy the sample itself!
Old 10-30-2012, 07:39 AM   #4581
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
I agree that people like to touch stuff. For these kinds of items, I leave one sample out for touching and looking at, but the rest are all packaged nicely.
I should've read your comment before posting mine
Old 10-30-2012, 07:44 AM   #4582
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
I finished 18 notepads in the clear cases, two more packages of Christmas tags, and a dozen teabag and cookie holders today. You can see them here on my blog.

I made a dozen teabag and cookie holders and they are sooo cute. I had fun choosing papers and ribbon for them. I used a stamp set called Tea Shop for the card that goes in the front. I love that stamp set it's so fun! I'm going to make the rest of the cards to go in the front pockets tomorrow. They are only about 3 by 3, but there are cute little tea cups and sayings in that set, oh and I have some tiny tea cup charms in my stash too. I'm thinking I'll price them at 4.00.
I really like the notepads in the clear cases. May I ask where you get your clear cases? I know SU sells them, but I was hoping to find some a little less expensive and was unsuccessful in my search. Thanks.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:38 PM   #4583

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisahoag View Post
I really like the notepads in the clear cases. May I ask where you get your clear cases? I know SU sells them, but I was hoping to find some a little less expensive and was unsuccessful in my search. Thanks.
I got mine from SU, I haven't been able to find any others without that thingy in the middle to attach the CD to. SU's cases are 5.95 for a package of four. We're selling ours for 10.00 and if we need to, we'll reduce the price to 8.00. We will make a nice profit either way.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:16 PM   #4584
Glitter Queen

Thank you Diane, I think i will just keep my prices but this is a new questions so how are you guys sales when there are other people with the same craft?
Old 10-30-2012, 10:42 PM   #4585
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Thank you Diane, I think i will just keep my prices but this is a new questions so how are you guys sales when there are other people with the same craft?
Sorry if I offended...just wanted to give you a range.

I sell a large variety of items so am not too bothered when someone else sells the same item. I still sell well.

What shows are you going to be at? We might be at some of the same ones, and it would be great to me up with another crafter!
Old 10-30-2012, 11:06 PM   #4586
Glitter Queen

no you didnt offend me. I will be at the eric langton elementary one, enchanted forest one in surrey, this fleetwood care centre one and riverside secondary. I was also wondering what shows are best like school ones, community centre ones, expensive ones, and so on.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:38 AM   #4587
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Last year at one of the fairs there was another booth with gift card holders and cards; and she's copied my popular design from year before last and her goods were cheaper. You know where I'm getting with that yes that affected my sales; and last year she bought a couple of my gift cards and I expect to see them at her booth this year

I guess there's not much I can do about the fact that there's another booth with similar goods and cheaper prices; because of the quality of material I use I can't bring my prices down further.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:29 PM   #4588
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
I got mine from SU, I haven't been able to find any others without that thingy in the middle to attach the CD to. SU's cases are 5.95 for a package of four. We're selling ours for 10.00 and if we need to, we'll reduce the price to 8.00. We will make a nice profit either way.
Thanks Carole!!
Old 10-31-2012, 03:06 PM   #4589

Quote:
Originally Posted by smriti View Post
Last year at one of the fairs there was another booth with gift card holders and cards; and she's copied my popular design from year before last and her goods were cheaper. You know where I'm getting with that yes that affected my sales; and last year she bought a couple of my gift cards and I expect to see them at her booth this year

I guess there's not much I can do about the fact that there's another booth with similar goods and cheaper prices; because of the quality of material I use I can't bring my prices down further.
Well that just stinks!!

I hope she sits on a tack!!
Old 10-31-2012, 03:48 PM   #4590
Glitter Queen

That sucks, well at least you know that you have a good design because she wants to copy it. I agree you really cant lower the prices the materials cost so much, I am always at micheals and everytime i go there i spend so much it is really expensive. Also do you guys craft between sales?
Old 10-31-2012, 03:51 PM   #4591
Glitter Queen

Diane I just discovered your facebook page and your stuff is amazing way better than mine, well anyways i saw that you have two shows this weekend how are you going to be at both, just wondering?
Old 11-01-2012, 12:04 AM   #4592
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Diane I just discovered your facebook page and your stuff is amazing way better than mine, well anyways i saw that you have two shows this weekend how are you going to be at both, just wondering?
Well, fortunately, I have a very supportive hubby and a teenage daughter to use as slave labour! One show is one of my bigger ones Sat/Sun with set-up Fri, and the other is a smaller sale on just Sun. I plan to go set up on Fri eve at the one site, and pack up a selection of inventory to bring to the 2nd show the next day. Hubby will work at the 1st one, while I go to set up Sat and leave my teen there to staff it.
I know it sounds way too organized but honestly, I am freaking out a bit about it. This is my first year with more than one show on two different weekends.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:08 AM   #4593
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
no you didnt offend me. I will be at the eric langton elementary one, enchanted forest one in surrey, this fleetwood care centre one and riverside secondary. I was also wondering what shows are best like school ones, community centre ones, expensive ones, and so on.
I went to the Riverside one in my first year also. It is a good one, provided it doesn't rain too much. It is good to start out with school ones in the first year. There is a really big learning curve in organizing for the shows, choosing which ones to attend, and even the quality of your product. This is my 4th year and now I only do 2 day shows (except for the one this weekend).
Depending on where you are located, you might also consider the one at Buckingham school in Burnaby (Canada Way area).
Good luck!

Show us some pics of your items!!
Old 11-01-2012, 04:34 AM   #4594
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
That sucks, well at least you know that you have a good design because she wants to copy it. I agree you really cant lower the prices the materials cost so much, I am always at micheals and everytime i go there i spend so much it is really expensive. Also do you guys craft between sales?
Perhaps you could post a cute, polite sign with pictures of "My items from 2011, 2010, etc." and a sample of the items and people will know she is copying your stuff. Many people will care.
Judi
Old 11-01-2012, 04:42 AM   #4595
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by smriti View Post

I am doing a show that I was at as a customer last year, There was a lady making the same types of items as I am making, but hers were poor quality. She printed stuff off the internet onto copy paper and used construction paper as her bases. (items such as Grinch Pills) I made sure she was not going to be there this year before I signed up. It would not have been fair to her if I had the same items, but better quality. I signed-up late so I could be sure no one else is selling the same stuff. This is only my second year, but I sold about $400.00 worth of items last year (at 3 shows), and already sold $195.00 this year at my first show. Some of the sales were from people who took my name and called me after the show. Craft Fairs are so much fun!
Judi
Old 11-01-2012, 06:12 AM   #4596
Rubber Obsessor

I go to craft shows regularly and have sold at them on and off for over 20 years. Here's some things to keep in mind:

1. See if you can find out about the competition or if there are rules about the type of products sold by each vendor. If you sell jewelry and there are going to be 10 other jewelry vendors there, unless yours is totally different it will affect your sales.

2. Try to sell more than one thing. When I was just selling cards, anyone who didn't send cards was automatically not a customer. This meant a lot of people who may have thought I was talented would walk right past my booth because my product wasn't of use to them. And I had to sell a heck of a lot of cards to make back my booth fees. You know who brought this to my attention? MY FATHER! Who has probably purchased maybe 5 cards in his entire life and rarely goes to craft shows. Wise words.

3. Don't over make but go for variety. If you always sell out of widget A, making 500 of them instead of the usual 20 is not necessarily going to increase your sales. In fact, it may hurt them. People will think they are so easy to make, maybe your price is too high. Or you're spending all your time on that item, a person may want a bit of this or that but all you have is widget A. Setting out only 5 or so of an item at a time and replenishing may be a better bet.

4. Change what you make. I saw this lady who had racks and racks of embroidered holiday sweatshirts. Honestly, her booth was stale and the style went out years ago. I could buy her stuff at Walmart cheaper and just as well made.

5. Location, location, location! A show I went to last month had placed items geared toward children in one section near the games for kids. Good and bad. Those without young children didn't go near there, although many could have bought for grandchildren. One booth sold handmade clothes for American Girl dolls. The booth was packed (great for them!). But directly across was a great booth, awesome display of original dolls with different outfits to buy. Booth was dead. If that booth had been somewhere else I bet it would have gotten a lot of attention. Make friends with event organizers or inquire on where you're going to be and ask to change if possible.

6. Location, again. And display. This one show I go to has an aisle where you can view booths from opposite sides. Some booths open for both sides of customers, some close off and you can only see their stuff from one side. Well, not everyone makes it all around. And it's just friendlier having an open display.

7. Talk to other vendors. You will learn so much and make great contacts. I had one lady next to me who bought ALL my gift tags for her soap, just because she didn't have time to make her own. She even gave me some free samples of her items, just because we were chatting. The other people next to me sold candles. Creme Brulee (sp?) was their best seller. Who knew? They actually taught me a lot about inventory and production. They had it down to a science by just writing down what their customers purchased at every show over the years.

8. This one is going to be VERY controversial. I may get hate mail over it. I LOVE making paper crafts. But I don't like making things that are just going to be looked at, wrappers opened, and tossed. Do I really want to dress up a candy bar and triple or quadruple the price to make money? Does that show my talent or creativity? The craft needs to evolve. Make some of the pictures with different designs or larger framed pieces. Or banners or pennants that can be used over and over. You can do amazing things with paper! That adorable Santa you wrapped a candy bar up as could be in a frame or ornament instead and used year after year instead of tossed. You can increase your price for the item and it'll last a lot longer than the memory of eating the candy bar.

9. Stores aren't stupid. Something priced at 2 for $1 vs 50 cents each just sells more at 2 for $1. I price all my cards at $2 or 6 for $10. Sell lots at 6 for $10 all the time. People think they are getting a deal. No, my cards aren't the gorgeous pieces of art that I see in the magazines or on here. But they are still cute and adorable and when they are tossed I won't feel nearly as bad. In fact instead of making a cute, adorable, awesome, complicated card, put that piece of art in a frame! You'll make more money for the same amount of time. If you have an Ikea near you, their frames are wonderful.

10. Turn your craft into art. About 20 years ago my husband and I bought this neat paper cutting of a butterfly and roses. It was framed and cost either $20 or $25. It's hung in my homes in various areas for years. That same item could have been on a card, which would have been tossed. Instead they framed it and I've had it and enjoyed it for 20 years now.

I hope some of these tips are helpful!
Old 11-01-2012, 06:39 AM   #4597
Rubber Obsessor

[QUOTE=dianneo;19794705]I go to craft shows regularly and have sold at them on and off for over 20 years. Here's some things to keep in mind:

"8. This one is going to be VERY controversial. I may get hate mail over it. I LOVE making paper crafts. But I don't like making things that are just going to be looked at, wrappers opened, and tossed. Do I really want to dress up a candy bar and triple or quadruple the price to make money? Does that show my talent or creativity? The craft needs to evolve. Make some of the pictures with different designs or larger framed pieces. Or banners or pennants that can be used over and over. You can do amazing things with paper! That adorable Santa you wrapped a candy bar up as could be in a frame or ornament instead and used year after year instead of tossed. You can increase your price for the item and it'll last a lot longer than the memory of eating the candy bar."

This is NOT hate mail. I love to make the 'disposable' items. I sell tons, I can make them very quickly, and I use them for my own stocking stuffers. I think since my first craft I did was cake decorating, I am used to my creations lasting a short time! I don't disagree with your point, I just like the simple paper candy treats. Perhaps when I am more confident in my mini scrapbook albums, and have more ready, that is what I will sell. But for now, I am making a lot of money dressing candy bars. I will admit that you have to sell more $2.50 items to make money than if you are selling $20.00 items. And, I have seen many of the candy treats such as Reindeer Poop in the retail stores- they are using the craft fair ideas and can sell them cheaper. So we all will have to evolve. But for right now it works for me.

Thanks for all your tips, I wish I had this advice last year when I started doing craft fairs!

God Bless,
Judi

Last edited by taylorjudi; 11-01-2012 at 06:40 AM.. Reason: typing error
Old 11-01-2012, 07:53 AM   #4598
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks ladies for your kind words! Yes I did give myself solace that my designs are so good that somebody is copying them
Old 11-01-2012, 07:54 AM   #4599
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorjudi View Post
Perhaps you could post a cute, polite sign with pictures of "My items from 2011, 2010, etc." and a sample of the items and people will know she is copying your stuff. Many people will care.
Judi
That's such a great idea!
Old 11-01-2012, 08:07 AM   #4600
Rubber Obsessor

Smile tips

Thanks Judi. Disposable - that's the term I was looking for. I myself would rather not make disposable items. I guess as a cake decorator it'd be easier for you to accept disposable paper items. This must be why I don't like cooking! All that work, gone in seconds!