Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-23-2012, 09:26 AM   #4521
Glitter Queen

Can someone tell me how much your selling your key fobs for? the ones that made with ribbon. Thanks,
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-23-2012, 09:44 AM   #4522
Pearl-ExPert

I'm selling mine for $5 although I didn't sell many at my first sale. But hopefully more will sell the next two.

MY GALLERY
Old 10-23-2012, 10:15 AM   #4523
Glitter Queen

Thanks so much. Pam
Old 10-23-2012, 02:19 PM   #4524
Insane Embellisher

ok, so...I had a glass of wine and fell asleep in front of the tv instead of working on my M&Ms. It is do-over tonight of last night's plan...lol
Old 10-23-2012, 03:05 PM   #4525
Cardstock Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
ok, so...I had a glass of wine and fell asleep in front of the tv instead of working on my M&Ms. It is do-over tonight of last night's plan...lol
There has been many a night when that has happened to me.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:09 AM   #4526
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristlin View Post
Yes, but the other side of the State--I'm in Deer Park which is north of Spokane.
Hi to you from the other side of Cascades
My first fair this year is also in 2 weeks!
Old 10-24-2012, 11:35 AM   #4527
Polyshrink Goddess

So I have been trying to avoid the computer so that I can stay working on crafts. It just takes so long to do things sometimes! I have 50 altered starbucks jars completed, 36 popcorn holders, anda couple other odds and ends done since I last posted.
This year I have been a little lazy, instead of going to bed at 4 AM on Friday and Saturday nights I have been going at 12 or 1. So that's 3 or 4 hours I have been losing. If I could just get the kids to sleep past 7 or 8 I could stay up later and craft!
Anyway the next craft show, which is the smallest of the ones I have left is on November 3rd, which is creeping up fast! I am looking at doing a 6th show, at my church the first weekend of December. Not sure how that one will be.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:37 AM   #4528
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Zimmerman View Post
Can someone tell me how much your selling your key fobs for? the ones that made with ribbon. Thanks,
I too am selling them for $5 or 2/$8. I only sold one at my first show, but considering NO ONE was shopping, I guess it isnt fair to judge how well they well sell. Now the Vendor night I did, I sold 5 or 6. ANd that was a small event as well.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:03 PM   #4529
Insane Embellisher

Hi, all! I keep reading this thread, and the other similar one here on SCS, and I'm constantly amazed at your patience, originality and gumption! I've done several shows over the years, but stopped last year as it was sooooo much work (I already have one full-time and two p-t jobs!) and I wasn't sure it was really bringing in enough money to justify all the sleepless nights.

I'm curious as to whether all these craft fairs really pay off for all of you, or do you do them for fun, or as a way to use up all your stashed supplies?!? I did it for all three reasons, but I'm not convinced that I really ever made money at it. Although I have all the paper goods, I still found myself expending $ for the food items (tea bags, hot chocolate packets, candy canes, candy, etc.) and the containers (coffee cups, cellophane wrappers, packaging shred, etc.). Even on sale, or from the Dollar Tree, it got expensive. Do you feel you recoup these expenses?

Part of the problem may be that 1.) I live in California, in an area that still hasn't really recovered from the housing crisis, so there's not as much disposable income here, and 2.) I'm not able to repackage and sell food items, due to an overactive Health Dept. This really ups the expense, as all items must be prepackaged from a commercial kitchen/factory, and I lose the cost-savings of bulk purchases. The candy sticks, Rudolf's noses, witches warts, etc. were great sellers until I got busted (even though I processed and packaged them using latex gloves). Reselling packaged candy is just not cost effective.

I guess my family is likely to get lots of craft show leftovers this year for Christmas, as it doesn't look like I'll be able to resurrect this fun hobby!

I'd love whatever feedback you gals can provide.

Blessings on your shows!!

Kat
"Be Still and Know That I Am God" Ps. 46:10
Old 10-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #4530
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat55 View Post
Hi, all! I keep reading this thread, and the other similar one here on SCS, and I'm constantly amazed at your patience, originality and gumption! I've done several shows over the years, but stopped last year as it was sooooo much work (I already have one full-time and two p-t jobs!) and I wasn't sure it was really bringing in enough money to justify all the sleepless nights.

I'm curious as to whether all these craft fairs really pay off for all of you, or do you do them for fun, or as a way to use up all your stashed supplies?!? I did it for all three reasons, but I'm not convinced that I really ever made money at it. Although I have all the paper goods, I still found myself expending $ for the food items (tea bags, hot chocolate packets, candy canes, candy, etc.) and the containers (coffee cups, cellophane wrappers, packaging shred, etc.). Even on sale, or from the Dollar Tree, it got expensive. Do you feel you recoup these expenses?

Part of the problem may be that 1.) I live in California, in an area that still hasn't really recovered from the housing crisis, so there's not as much disposable income here, and 2.) I'm not able to repackage and sell food items, due to an overactive Health Dept. This really ups the expense, as all items must be prepackaged from a commercial kitchen/factory, and I lose the cost-savings of bulk purchases. The candy sticks, Rudolf's noses, witches warts, etc. were great sellers until I got busted (even though I processed and packaged them using latex gloves). Reselling packaged candy is just not cost effective.

I guess my family is likely to get lots of craft show leftovers this year for Christmas, as it doesn't look like I'll be able to resurrect this fun hobby!

Kat
Kat, I had much the same experience with craft fairs that you did. I was very gung ho, worked til the wee hours of the morning on my things. My family did without dinner, laundry, etc. while I was frantically getting ready for several shows in a row.

Like you, I had lots of paper supplies, but had to buy a folding table, a sheet to cover it, and a rolling caddy to carry my stuff into the buildings, if there was no help available.

Then there were the extra supplies, like notebooks to alter, post it notes, on and on. I picked up display shelves and racks at thrift stores. There were expenses to package items. I didn't really keep track of exactly how much I spent.( Probably didn't really want to know, lol.)

Then there were the booth fees. A couple of shows I did were "big" shows and the booth rents were $60 and $75. I barely made my booth rent back on them. I did better at the smaller fairs in local churches, which were about $25 for a booth. My sales were better there, too.

There was gasoline to get back and forth to the shows. At the shows I usually bought lunch, snacks, etc. A couple of times I spent what little profit I made buying things from other vendors, ha! Cute things, but I came home with empty pockets!

After one fall season starting in October and leading right up to the week before Christmas, I threw in the towel.

I'm glad I did it, as I had always wanted to. I had fun meeting other vendors, and loved talking to folks who stopped at my booth. So many people seemed to love everything I had, oohed and ahhed, but didn't buy.

I've decided that I am now working for love and not money. My family and friends love all the things I make, and I just make items for Christmas and birthdays for them.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 10-24-2012, 01:45 PM   #4531
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat55 View Post

Kat
I think this is one of the hardest part of being a crafter - we definitely don't get paid what we deserve to do what we love!

I am mostly using my huge stash to create my craft show items, so that saves me money. I also pick smaller shows that cost less but are well attended. My most expensive item is $5.00 so I would have to sell a ton to recoup a 150 booth fee.

Each year I use the items that I created that don't sell as gifts for Christmas and Birthdays.

Right now I make a enough that it gives me extra spending money for the holidays, but that is about it.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:09 PM   #4532
Rubber Obsessor

I do the craft sales to help "support my habit". I enjoy the crafting and being able to sell some of it just adds to the fun. I only do one local show every year for a cost of $50.00. I usually sell 250.00 to 300.00 so that buys a lot of supplies to keep me going. I am retired and really don't do it to make money just really rejoy an outlet for my creativity.

I use a lot of them of my things as gifts. Everyone always really gets excited when I give them a box of greeting cards.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:18 PM   #4533
FiP
Rubber Obsessor

I am definitely running at a loss for doing markets - I've bought tables, tablecloths, shelving, storage boxes, a spinning rack, a wheeled trolley thing, plus the cost of goods to work on, plus the stamps/dies/punches/papers which I tell myself would be useful for making items to sell! I've got to stop (yeah, right) buying stuff, and especially if it's really just to make more stuff for selling. My friend and I are hoping to do a few markets a year for a few years to come, so I'm viewing it all as an 'investment' for the future. However, as I've said in other posts, we'll never make money out of crafting! We see it as an excuse to make things (and buy things).
Old 10-24-2012, 06:40 PM   #4534
Creative Crew SU Design Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
I do the craft sales to help "support my habit". I enjoy the crafting and being able to sell some of it just adds to the fun. I only do one local show every year for a cost of $50.00. I usually sell 250.00 to 300.00 so that buys a lot of supplies to keep me going. I am retired and really don't do it to make money just really rejoy an outlet for my creativity.

I use a lot of them of my things as gifts. Everyone always really gets excited when I give them a box of greeting cards.
That's exactly why I'm doing it I'm a retired teacher and the creative outlet really helps keep me from missing the job.

Although, I'm also hoping to find new customers as I'm an SU demo. I basically just want to support my habit and continue my demonstratorship.

Last edited by sc magnolia; 10-24-2012 at 07:01 PM..
Old 10-24-2012, 07:04 PM   #4535
Inking Addict

Craft Fairs naturally evolved in my life after my grandmother taught me to crochet when I was 8 yrs. old. From there I learned to sew when I was 12 and knit when I was 20. I made most of my children’s clothes, even my daughter’s prom dresses. I cut my wedding dress to make my granddaughter’s First Communion dress. I spent years doing cross stitch making lots of gifts and cards. About 20 years ago, my mother wanted a dozen Valentine cards so I fooled around on my computer and whipped out Valentine cards. I have since progressed to stamping and die cutting and learning all kinds of techniques. I make invitations, favors and centerpieces for all family occasions. I usually do one or two fairs a year just because I love making stuff and learning new ways to do it. I don’t make a lot of money, but I don’t spend a lot of money for the table, either. I price my things so I make a profit (time can’t be considered) and I usually walk away with about $200. My point is…do what you enjoy and enjoy what you do.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:25 PM   #4536
Pearl-ExPert

I did up some monster peppermint patties tonight, found it on Stampin Connection - CASED from Traci DeGoller. Very cute if I may so myself! They are in my gallery if you want to check them out.

MY GALLERY
Old 10-24-2012, 08:30 PM   #4537
Pearl-ExPert

Who makes money doing craft sales!??!! ha ha, I know I could make more money if I watched what I bought to alter. I buy things, then run out of time to do them and there they sit. I wait too long to start and they sit another year. I watched that a bit this year, but still did some 'bad shopping'. Next year I hope to do even better and work on projects each month (I planned that this year and did it somewhat but not like it needed to be).

I like doing them though. I am a hobby SU demo, these fairs sort of justify my spending (for myself only) and it makes me feel good. I'm a bit of an intravert and this helps me get out there and see/meet people. And maybe some day I will promote my business by doing this.

My biggest sale is donated to a foundation for my niece who passed away a few years ago - money goes towards scholarships for nursing students at our local community college. It helps the foundation and makes me feel good that I donate some money to the fund when I can't always do that each month. It helped get the foundation to the amount needed to start giving out scholarships, this year was the first and we gave out two scholarships (250 each) instead of the one we had figured we would have. Next year there will be enough for at least two as well. Makes me proud to do that for my sister and family.

MY GALLERY
Old 10-24-2012, 11:16 PM   #4538
Insane Embellisher

re: craft fairs - why and do I make money?

I do make money on the craft fairs, but it has been a gradual upward swing. My first year, I made alot less and put the money back in to buy tools (bought my Big Shot the first year). Last year, I made enough to pay my tuition for one of my grad studies courses. This is my fourth year and I finally feel ready to call it a business.

The key has been to treat it like a real business. Be organized and professional and don't sell anything I would not buy myself. Keep track of what you pay for which items and make sure you tally the costs of each item.

I definitely don't always get paid for my time, but I consider my time to be part of my crafting hobby. I do, however, always make sure to have prices set at a good profit margin though.

I work on things throughout the year and am ALWAYS searching for things that can be used in my craft sales. After I buy them, I write them in a book with their cost and what my idea is for using them. When I sit down to design an item, I first look at my list for what supplies I have. I rarely go out and buy something while I am crafting. I always buy xmas paper on sale after xmas and NEVER pay full price for any paper I use. I keep my craft show paper separate from my scrapbook/personal paper, and don't pay more than 35 cents per sheet for crafting cardstock/paper. By doing this, I always know the cost to calculate when making things.

The other key is to make the non-food items throughout the year, so that when it comes to September, I have only food items to create. This year, I even did some of my prep work throughout the summer for my food items. For example, I have prepunched and glued all of my scallop circles which I will use for xmas peppermint patties when I buy them. Stuff like that helps alot.
This also stops the all-night crafting sessions before a show.

It does take alot of discipline to make money at this. But most of all, have fun with it!! When it stops being fun, take a break!
Old 10-25-2012, 07:44 AM   #4539
Pearl-ExPert

I do it purely for fun and as a creative outlet for now! Last year I was quite close to breaking even so I'm hoping with every year I should get better at it and some day I might make some money to support my hobby.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:12 AM   #4540
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I do make money on the craft fairs, but it has been a gradual upward swing. My first year, I made alot less and put the money back in to buy tools (bought my Big Shot the first year). Last year, I made enough to pay my tuition for one of my grad studies courses. This is my fourth year and I finally feel ready to call it a business.

The key has been to treat it like a real business. Be organized and professional and don't sell anything I would not buy myself. Keep track of what you pay for which items and make sure you tally the costs of each item.

I definitely don't always get paid for my time, but I consider my time to be part of my crafting hobby. I do, however, always make sure to have prices set at a good profit margin though.

I work on things throughout the year and am ALWAYS searching for things that can be used in my craft sales. After I buy them, I write them in a book with their cost and what my idea is for using them. When I sit down to design an item, I first look at my list for what supplies I have. I rarely go out and buy something while I am crafting. I always buy xmas paper on sale after xmas and NEVER pay full price for any paper I use. I keep my craft show paper separate from my scrapbook/personal paper, and don't pay more than 35 cents per sheet for crafting cardstock/paper. By doing this, I always know the cost to calculate when making things.

The other key is to make the non-food items throughout the year, so that when it comes to September, I have only food items to create. This year, I even did some of my prep work throughout the summer for my food items. For example, I have prepunched and glued all of my scallop circles which I will use for xmas peppermint patties when I buy them. Stuff like that helps alot.

It does take alot of discipline to make money at this. But most of all, have fun with it!! When it stops being fun, take a break!

You are like my hero right now, and I am going to try to do this next year. While I was crafting last night I came up with a plan and I hope to stick to it. I did have a plan this year, and sort of did the plan in the early months, then fell off and then got back on and now its deadline time. And I use up retired SU stuff for my papers - I don't buy much of anything that isn't SU. Its more than some paper, but its just sitting there to be used. And it surprises me how little paper I actually go through even with the craft sale projects. That stuff seems to multiply in my sleep. Next year I will do better! That's my mantra right now and I hope to stick to it so I can actually SEE that I make some money. I think I do but I don't know for sure. But I get 'piles' of money at one time so in my head I'm making money!

MY GALLERY
Old 10-25-2012, 08:16 PM   #4541

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrussom View Post
I did up some monster peppermint patties tonight, found it on Stampin Connection - CASED from Traci DeGoller. Very cute if I may so myself! They are in my gallery if you want to check them out.
Oh Mary, they are so stinkin' cute!!!
Old 10-25-2012, 08:28 PM   #4542

Quote:

Diane, I'm so GLAD you posted this!! I'm trying not to have unrealistic expectations, but I really do hope to make some money. Gosh having it be a business would be wonderful!!

I have been writing down all my expenses and used that spreadsheet to calculate prices, so that I'll make a profit as long as stuff sells. This is something I've always wanted to do, and I'm so excited!! I'm having such fun making things and working on them with the two friends who are doing it with me I want to pay myself back for expenses, but need a new paper cutter and some basic punches.

I went to Costco with a friend today and I used tremendous self restraint! I only bought more Hershey bars and some M & M's. The Hershey bars were more $$ than the last time, but still reasonable. 36 for 17.00 That's 47 cents each.

I really like those tic tac snowman, santa and elf, but there were none. I did finds some off brand in Walgreens 50 cents each.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:42 PM   #4543
Cardstock Collector

Question about the peppermint patties....are ya'll using the regular size patties, or the small ones that come in a bag? What I see in the gallery are really cute, but I can't tell what size they are. How is everyone packaging and pricing?
Old 10-26-2012, 12:18 AM   #4544
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrussom View Post
You are like my hero right now, and I am going to try to do this next year. While I was crafting last night I came up with a plan and I hope to stick to it. I did have a plan this year, and sort of did the plan in the early months, then fell off and then got back on and now its deadline time. And I use up retired SU stuff for my papers - I don't buy much of anything that isn't SU. Its more than some paper, but its just sitting there to be used. And it surprises me how little paper I actually go through even with the craft sale projects. That stuff seems to multiply in my sleep. Next year I will do better! That's my mantra right now and I hope to stick to it so I can actually SEE that I make some money. I think I do but I don't know for sure. But I get 'piles' of money at one time so in my head I'm making money!
You are so funny Mary! I like being a hero. That made my day! lolol

I am glad to inspire and share some of my tips. I love hearing what others do also.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:20 AM   #4545
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by cropgal58 View Post
Question about the peppermint patties....are ya'll using the regular size patties, or the small ones that come in a bag? What I see in the gallery are really cute, but I can't tell what size they are. How is everyone packaging and pricing?
I have been buying the ones in the tub at Costco. They are foil wrapped. Name brand eludes me but I think it starts with a "P".

With those, I use the 2" scallop and 1 1/2" circle as centre for the scallop.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:24 AM   #4546
Insane Embellisher

The other thing I do to help me see how much money I am making is ...

I borrow my show fees from our home family money, then I use any profit I make to FIRST pay back this money. Then, once that "bill" is paid, I put all the money in a jar after each show and DO NOT spend ANY of it. At the end of the season, I count it all up and see how much profit I have.

From there, I decide how much is my profit and how much I will need to buy supplies throughout the year. I take the profit out and keep my cash for the supply expenses in the jar. When I am buying something for a craft fair, I use the craft jar money ONLY.

I hope this makes sense to others.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:30 AM   #4547

Quote:

I borrow my show fees from our home family money, then I use any profit I make to FIRST pay back this money. Then, once that "bill" is paid, I put all the money in a jar after each show and DO NOT spend ANY of it. At the end of the season, I count it all up and see how much profit I have.

From there, I decide how much is my profit and how much I will need to buy supplies throughout the year. I take the profit out and keep my cash for the supply expenses in the jar. When I am buying something for a craft fair, I use the craft jar money ONLY.

That's brilliant Diane!! Thank you
Old 10-26-2012, 06:18 AM   #4548
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

That IS brilliant! Thanks for sharing those tips.

MY GALLERY
Old 10-26-2012, 07:16 AM   #4549

Okay, I need opinions please! My husband says that people will buy magnet calendars and I think he's right. The first one I made had no stamp image just a pretty shape and paper.

I just got this stamp set and I think it's so appropriate with a calendar. This is 6 by 6. [B] [COLOR="Blue"]Do you think that's too big?
Attached Thumbnails
magnetcalendar.jpg   calendarmagnet.jpg  
Old 10-26-2012, 07:19 AM   #4550
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc magnolia View Post
I just got this stamp set and I think it's so appropriate with a calendar. This is 6 by 6. [B] [COLOR="Blue"]Do you think that's too big?
If the magnet will hold the calendar up on the fridge, then no, I don't think they are too big. Cute idea!
Old 10-26-2012, 08:01 AM   #4551
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Okay, I need opinions please! My husband says that people will buy magnet calendars and I think he's right. The first one I made had no stamp image just a pretty shape and paper.

Wow! I really like the stamped version - well done!
Old 10-26-2012, 09:29 AM   #4552

okay then I'll make some more!

Thanks y'all!!
Old 10-26-2012, 10:27 AM   #4553
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via AIM to NancyL2648

They are both very nice and should do well.

I just made some calendar/post it magnetic pads to sell also.

Quote:

Attached Thumbnails
100_0790.jpg  

Old 10-26-2012, 10:37 AM   #4554

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyL2648 View Post
They are both very nice and should do well.

I just made some calendar/post it magnetic pads to sell also.
ooohh I like that too!! Thanks for sharing!
Old 10-26-2012, 10:51 AM   #4555
Insane Embellisher

Oh my goodness, here it is that time of year again for the christmas craft fairs. I did two markets this spring/summer and sold over 600 cards. I have decided that I am going to make a small amount of christmas cards and take my regular cards. I am sharing a three day spot with a friend that is making the cute notebooks, calendars and some cute edible items like snowman/reindeer poop and spare noses.

This year taught that people really need to laugh so I am making many of the stampalicious christmas ladies. As with last year I was very nervous if my stuff would sell and I did pretty good. I am not going to sell my cards as cheaply as I did last year as I was able to sell my regular cards at the markets for 4.00 each and it worked for me. I think though, I might have to lower the price of the christmas cards. I was thinking that those I would do 3 for 10.00. Every card has a colored image, bling and ribbon or twine. Multi-layered as well. Who knows what people will pay for this year.

I am looking forward to checking up on all of you and your fairs.

Lorri
Old 10-26-2012, 02:43 PM   #4556
Die Cut Diva

Hey ladies, I participated in a Boo-tique last Saturday and it was a total bust. Booth fee $30 and we sold $29 worth of products. Good news, DH brought the "candy" items to work and I sold almost all of them. I'm bringing what's left to my work on Monday. I also made the cutest pumpkins (which are on my blog). I do free raffles every so often with my coworkers and I raffled these off. Now two of my coworkers ordered their own so I made $40 on them.

The foam pumpkins I had for years. When DS1 got married, we used these as centerpieces (fall florals arranged on top) and so all I had to do is add the cricut cutouts on sticks. I used the Mini Monsters cartridge and love how they turned out! By the way, my next trip to Michael's may be to see if these go on clearance. I'm going to have to snag some more.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:45 PM   #4557
Die Cut Diva

As far as why I do what I do...

I love meeting people and watching them react to my items. Although I certainly don't come up with all these ideas but I certainly put my own spin on it - just like each of us. I live in a small community so I see many of these people a lot so I get random calls asking to make personalized gifts or just to see what I have. Sometimes just to get advice on gift items that they want to make on their own. Why not share? I get a lot of my ideas from others too!

My four children are all young adults and half are out of the home so crafting gives me a purpose. Even DH will get in on it when he needs a little something to give a coworker or student or someone. He's so eager to brag about things I make. It's cute.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:41 PM   #4558
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknocker3 View Post
Hey ladies, I participated in a Boo-tique last Saturday and it was a total bust. Booth fee $30 and we sold $29 worth of products. Good news, DH brought the "candy" items to work and I sold almost all of them. I'm bringing what's left to my work on Monday. I also made the cutest pumpkins (which are on my blog). I do free raffles every so often with my coworkers and I raffled these off. Now two of my coworkers ordered their own so I made $40 on them.

The foam pumpkins I had for years. When DS1 got married, we used these as centerpieces (fall florals arranged on top) and so all I had to do is add the cricut cutouts on sticks. I used the Mini Monsters cartridge and love how they turned out! By the way, my next trip to Michael's may be to see if these go on clearance. I'm going to have to snag some more.
Sorry your show was a bust, but it sounds like you made the best of it!! LOVE your pumpkins..... I also see a turkey day theme being super cute as well. I may have to check out Michael's for pumpkins as well.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:30 PM   #4559
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknocker3 View Post
As far as why I do what I do...
Even DH will get in on it when he needs a little something to give a coworker or student or someone. He's so eager to brag about things I make. It's cute.
I know what you mean! When my hubby is at my table and I am walking towards it (after a wee break), I hear him gushing that his wife makes everything. It is so adorable.

Even funnier though - when he arrives at a show to help me (after set-up), the first thing he does is walk all around and reports back to me about which people "stole" ideas from me. It is so funny. I tell him that there are lots of on-line tutorials about how to do things too.

Only once have I noticed someone actually stole my idea. I know because I created the digital image on the item. The year prior, they bought the item from me (I remember them) and the following year, they used my image and poem in black and white (obviously photocopied because mine was a colour image). Oh well - what can you do?!
Old 10-26-2012, 08:17 PM   #4560

I finished 18 notepads in the clear cases, two more packages of Christmas tags, and a dozen teabag and cookie holders today. You can see them here on my blog.

I made a dozen teabag and cookie holders and they are sooo cute. I had fun choosing papers and ribbon for them. I used a stamp set called Tea Shop for the card that goes in the front. I love that stamp set it's so fun! I'm going to make the rest of the cards to go in the front pockets tomorrow. They are only about 3 by 3, but there are cute little tea cups and sayings in that set, oh and I have some tiny tea cup charms in my stash too. I'm thinking I'll price them at 4.00.