Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 07:44 PM   #4401
Creative Crew SU Design Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrussom View Post
WalMart has the frames in their store too, I get mine there. Dollar stores usually carry them as well.
Oh thanks! We have two dollar stores and two Walmarts I'll look for them.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-02-2012, 03:18 AM   #4402
Polyshrink Goddess

The frames at ACM are $0.99 for 3x5 and $1.25 for 4x6.

Here's the link to the notebook/pen holder/ I resized mine to fit the notebooks I was using. (3x5):
{capture the moment}: Introducing Daily Designs & Sentiments
Old 10-02-2012, 10:55 AM   #4403
Compulsive Stamper

I have been trying to make the frenchie lip balm purse but I can not for the life of me work out how to fold it, I have watched the tutorial over and over but just cant get it, Does anyone know if there are instructions for idiots somewhere? Im geting really fed up with myself, thanks
Old 10-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #4404
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjen3 View Post
I have been trying to make the frenchie lip balm purse but I can not for the life of me work out how to fold it, I have watched the tutorial over and over but just cant get it, Does anyone know if there are instructions for idiots somewhere? Im geting really fed up with myself, thanks

The first time I made these, I used words that nobody should ever use while crafting! And I never really found any other site that showed it other than her video. I haven't made them yet this year, but I remember looking at the pictures and that helped make it click. I found on that was done and she showed the inside, what that would look like. That helped a whole lot. I think you pinch that fold in.

I don't know if that helps, but look on her site for an actual picture or two of the finished project. That did it for me.

And I used scrap paper (like just old copy paper) until I got the hang of it because it took me an entire night of tossing and um well saying bad words!

Who says crafting is a stress reliever!

MY GALLERY
Old 10-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #4405
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc magnolia View Post
Oh thanks! We have two dollar stores and two Walmarts I'll look for them.

WalMart had them for less than a $ (the 5x7 and 4x6 ones). They were a whole dollar at the dollar store.

But our dollar stores had flat acrylic frames, 5x7 with a magnet on the back. I grabbed a lot of those for dry erase boards for fridge/cabinets/whatever is metal. I'm just putting some nice designer paper in them, attaching a dry erase pen that I also got at the dollar store, maybe a stamped imagine in there too if it needs it. They work great for dry erase boards.

they are open on the bottom, but I just turned it so the bottom was the top so the paper wouldn't fall out (yes, I'm just that smart to come up with that on my own!, after watching paper falling out on my floor when I tried them on my own fridge).

MY GALLERY
Old 10-02-2012, 11:54 AM   #4406
Pearl-ExPert

Speaking of acrylilc frames, WalMart also has the little ones, maybe 2x3? I used those last year (and will again this year) for my price signs. Just wrote or typed up the product and price, slipped it in the frame and ta dah, a price sign! they also had ones that were the same size but had two frames attached (like a book?) and I got some of those too for my signs. I got lots of compliments on the idea last year from other vendors. I think they are about 40 cents each?

Before I did this, I made all these cute little pumpkins with a paperclip on top, the pumpkin was made with punches - round maybe, I can't remember, and then you glue them together. Well they were adorable BUT they kept falling over and signs kept falling out. So that wasn't such a great idea. I gave the pumpkins to anyone who commented on how cute they were cause I 'hated' them by my third sale. By that time I had found the acrylic frame idea anyway.

MY GALLERY
Old 10-02-2012, 11:58 AM   #4407
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I think this is the picture I blabbed about above:

Just keep looking at that when you are scrunching the sides in. I think its easier if you hold on to the fold (where the spooky sign is) and keep that fold together when you fold in the rest?

MY GALLERY
Old 10-02-2012, 12:07 PM   #4408

Quote:

Just keep looking at that when you are scrunching the sides in. I think its easier if you hold on to the fold (where the spooky sign is) and keep that fold together when you fold in the rest?
Adorable!!
Old 10-02-2012, 01:29 PM   #4409
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via AIM to NancyL2648

Thanks for posting this lil' halloween purse...I may have to make a few up for my October shows. Yours is adorable!

Quote:

Old 10-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #4410
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
WalMart had them for less than a $ (the 5x7 and 4x6 ones). They were a whole dollar at the dollar store.

But our dollar stores had flat acrylic frames, 5x7 with a magnet on the back. I grabbed a lot of those for dry erase boards for fridge/cabinets/whatever is metal. I'm just putting some nice designer paper in them, attaching a dry erase pen that I also got at the dollar store, maybe a stamped imagine in there too if it needs it. They work great for dry erase boards.

they are open on the bottom, but I just turned it so the bottom was the top so the paper wouldn't fall out (yes, I'm just that smart to come up with that on my own!, after watching paper falling out on my floor when I tried them on my own fridge).
Walmart also does have the frames but the ones on our shelves are always broken! And they never reorder because there are some on the shelf. Last year I did do a site to store for some, but you have to order in a box of 12. When I picked them up I asked what if any were broken and the guy looked at me like I was nuts. He said they were different numbers (since a 12 pack) so they wouldn't replace them. It's a vicious cycle!

PS I'm not sure it's the same little purse I was trying to make, but I too had words with the paper!!!!
Old 10-02-2012, 03:07 PM   #4411
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyL2648 View Post
Thanks for posting this lil' halloween purse...I may have to make a few up for my October shows. Yours is adorable!
oh that one isn't mine - its off of the blog that designed them - Frenchie Stamps i think gets you there.

MY GALLERY
Old 10-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #4412
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRKIDDO View Post
Walmart also does have the frames but the ones on our shelves are always broken! And they never reorder because there are some on the shelf. Last year I did do a site to store for some, but you have to order in a box of 12. When I picked them up I asked what if any were broken and the guy looked at me like I was nuts. He said they were different numbers (since a 12 pack) so they wouldn't replace them. It's a vicious cycle!

PS I'm not sure it's the same little purse I was trying to make, but I too had words with the paper!!!!

Some I got at the dollar store were scratched and I didn't notice that. Have to watch that too.

MY GALLERY
Old 10-02-2012, 05:47 PM   #4413
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by imlynne View Post
Mine are about 1 1/8" diameter. What do you charge for your?
I sell mine for $2 each.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:49 PM   #4414
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
I sell mine for $2 each.
Diane is this an "each price" or is it for more than one in a package. I have no idea how to price them,but they are not expensive to make and look terrific.

Last edited by imlynne; 10-02-2012 at 10:11 PM..
Old 10-02-2012, 11:33 PM   #4415
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

thank you so much Mary for going to the trouble to post this for me! as soon as I saw the picture, the fog has lifted and it clicked!! who would of thought that something so simple could cause oneself so much grief! lol
Old 10-03-2012, 07:01 AM   #4416
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
thank you so much Mary for going to the trouble to post this for me! as soon as I saw the picture, the fog has lifted and it clicked!! who would of thought that something so simple could cause oneself so much grief! lol

You are welcome. But I felt your pain cause I was there last year when I tried this the first time. But that picture solved it for me. I'm glad it helped. Once you get that fold down, then its easy to do (and I felt like an idiot that it took me so long to figure it out).

By the way, Avon has lip balm for less than 50 cents right now, I think they are last year's versions, but that's ok with me. They only had two to choose from, sugar cookie and frosty mint.

MY GALLERY
Old 10-03-2012, 07:58 AM   #4417
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Speaking of acrylilc frames, WalMart also has the little ones, maybe 2x3? I used those last year (and will again this year) for my price signs. Just wrote or typed up the product and price, slipped it in the frame and ta dah, a price sign! they also had ones that were the same size but had two frames attached (like a book?) and I got some of those too for my signs. I got lots of compliments on the idea last year from other vendors. I think they are about 40 cents each?
Wow that is a wonderful idea! I've been simply taping the printed CS to the table but this sounds so much better!
Old 10-03-2012, 08:19 AM   #4418
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by smriti View Post
Wow that is a wonderful idea! I've been simply taping the printed CS to the table but this sounds so much better!

I think I saw it on a craft blog. But it really works great. I also saw someone using chalk boards - taking a cheap frame and then the inside was painted with chalk board paint. That was cute too. I found pails at Target this summer that had a part that was chalkboard. I'm going to use that too, with the price in that chalkboard part. Hopefully it won't wipe off too much or get on things.

MY GALLERY
Old 10-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #4419
Glitter Guru

Send a message via AIM to kspiv

Quote:

Before I did this, I made all these cute little pumpkins with a paperclip on top, the pumpkin was made with punches - round maybe, I can't remember, and then you glue them together. Well they were adorable BUT they kept falling over and signs kept falling out. So that wasn't such a great idea. I gave the pumpkins to anyone who commented on how cute they were cause I 'hated' them by my third sale. By that time I had found the acrylic frame idea anyway.
Mary...GMTA! (Great Minds Think Alike) I started doing this a couple years ago with the acrylic frame signs after driving myself nuts trying to either upright the cute signs I made or glue dot them back in place where they fell off from where I had them stuck. The small acrylic frames (or I use the 4x5 or 5x7 also when I need to explain more) are perfect for signs. I always type signs up (multiples on one sheet so I dont waste paper) and cut them up and insert them into the frames. And if you don't change prices then you can use them year after year, which I found I couldn't use my paper signs from year to year before....they just wouldn't hold up. I have some of those metal grid type walls and the signs will even hang on them. I also store the signs with the items that are left over so I can easily find them and refresh my memory with how much I charged last year.

Does everyone else drive themselves nuts in the "planning and staging" part of a craft fair? I can't be the only one?! I have about 5 different things being made at the same time and on top of that, I spend too much time doing the little things, like thinking of what color scheme I want the booth to be, thinking about set up, making signs and figuring out how I am going to display things. Ugh!

Post it note stuff usually sells pretty well for me too. I made these super cute ones last year that I liked better than anything else I have made and I couldn't give those babies away?! You just never know, do you? LOL
Old 10-03-2012, 11:35 AM   #4420
Pearl-ExPert

I probably stole the idea from you then!

My first sale is on the 20th of this month. I'm not very excited about that sale, I was at that church two years ago and didn't do so well. But I thought I'd give it another try. A Facebook friend (from school too) is going to be there so I signed up. But I have sooooo much left to do for that. I need to stop finding new things and start doing the things that I planned to do in the first place!

My living room (which is my stamping area right now until I have visitors) is FULL of papers. SU cardstock and designer paper all over the place! I like to use different colors to give people a variety to choose from but then it makes just a mess! It really would be easier if I just used designer paper and colors. One set of things to take out and put away! But kind of boring too for people. That's tonights project, putting things away for my next mess. And getting some pictures taken of new things I have done.

Then making bookmarks. That's next on my list.

MY GALLERY
Old 10-03-2012, 08:10 PM   #4421

Quote:
Originally Posted by kspiv View Post
Mary...GMTA! (Great Minds Think Alike) I started doing this a couple years ago with the acrylic frame signs after driving myself nuts trying to either upright the cute signs I made or glue dot them back in place where they fell off from where I had them stuck. The small acrylic frames (or I use the 4x5 or 5x7 also when I need to explain more) are perfect for signs. I always type signs up (multiples on one sheet so I dont waste paper) and cut them up and insert them into the frames. And if you don't change prices then you can use them year after year, which I found I couldn't use my paper signs from year to year before....they just wouldn't hold up. I have some of those metal grid type walls and the signs will even hang on them. I also store the signs with the items that are left over so I can easily find them and refresh my memory with how much I charged last year.

Does everyone else drive themselves nuts in the "planning and staging" part of a craft fair? I can't be the only one?! I have about 5 different things being made at the same time and on top of that, I spend too much time doing the little things, like thinking of what color scheme I want the booth to be, thinking about set up, making signs and figuring out how I am going to display things. Ugh!

Post it note stuff usually sells pretty well for me too. I made these super cute ones last year that I liked better than anything else I have made and I couldn't give those babies away?! You just never know, do you? LOL
Hmmm I was thinking of making something like this for prices, but I'm wondering if they would be too easily knocked down? Updates From ParisEstates: Christmas Placecard Holders – Blog Candy #2
I like the idea of using those plastic frames too.

NO you are not the only one! I have a theme... birds... AND a name with a banner I designed: The Wizards of "Ahhhs" cause there are three of us The banner has a wizard hat and wand hanging over the words.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:52 PM   #4422
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by imlynne View Post
Diane is this an "each price" or is it for more than one in a package. I have no idea how to price them,but they are not expensive to make and look terrific.
I have no problem getting $2 for them as magnets. In fact, I think I will raise my price this year because they sell very well.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:52 AM   #4423
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Hmmm I was thinking of making something like this for prices, but I'm wondering if they would be too easily knocked down? Updates From ParisEstates: Christmas Placecard Holders Blog Candy #2
I like the idea of using those plastic frames too.

NO you are not the only one! I have a theme... birds... AND a name with a banner I designed: The Wizards of "Ahhhs" cause there are three of us The banner has a wizard hat and wand hanging over the words.

Those are very pretty. I have made them to sell. But they can be used for prices too. Anything can topple over with people reaching in to grap amazing items to buy (hmmmm). But they don't just fall over easily so they work.

MY GALLERY
Old 10-04-2012, 07:21 AM   #4424
Glitter Guru

Send a message via AIM to kspiv

Carole...those are too cute and would make adorable price tags! As Mary said, pretty much anything can be knocked over when people are frantically reaching to grab all your adorable stuff to buy!

The first year I used those little plastic frames I had them upright and they would get knocked over too...then I switched the layout of them to make them sit the other way (with the "leg" part as a prop instead of the base....I can't explain it so well?!) and now they dont get knocked over. Plus, I can make cute signs for them and they are protected in plastic and will last thru many craft fairs until I change prices.

I have wanted to make some of those clips to sell tho....glad you reminded me of them! They are darling!

PS....LOVE the name of the biz you guys are using for the 3 of you...It's so clever!! Show us your sign you made! =)
Old 10-04-2012, 07:34 AM   #4425

Thanks Kelly

Here is a screenshot of the banner.
craftshowbanner.jpg
I'm wondering if it looks too cartoonish. I really would like to draw it on long paper or poster board and use chalks for color. But that would take some time. Just printing it on the computer and laminating it would be soooo much easier.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:30 AM   #4426
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Thanks Kelly

Attachment 258666
I'm wondering if it looks too cartoonish. I really would like to draw it on long paper or poster board and use chalks for color. But that would take some time. Just printing it on the computer and laminating it would be soooo much easier.

CUTE sign!

MY GALLERY
Old 10-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #4427

Quote:
CUTE sign!
You don't think it's too cutesy?
Old 10-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #4428
Pearl-ExPert

I think its cute, but not over board on the cuteness. I get that you don't want it to look comical, but you don't want it to be all formal either. I like it, colors, font, what you call yourselves. It will catch people's eyes and they will think its cute and funny.

MY GALLERY
Old 10-04-2012, 01:57 PM   #4429
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Hmmm I was thinking of making something like this for prices, but I'm wondering if they would be too easily knocked down? Updates From ParisEstates: Christmas Placecard Holders – Blog Candy #2 like the idea of using those plastic frames too.
I've done these for all of my sales. I computer generate the sign ( 2" x 4") with what the product is, what it can be for (great teacher gift, etc) and the price. All nice, neat and legible. They are also easier and smaller to transport, I just throw them in a ziplock bag at the end of the day and pack them away. It's funny, people always ask me if they are for sale, too. You may want to make some up for sale, just in case .

Here's a pic: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=95314

Last edited by tat2girl; 10-04-2012 at 02:01 PM..
Old 10-04-2012, 05:01 PM   #4430

Quote:
I think its cute, but not over board on the cuteness. I get that you don't want it to look comical, but you don't want it to be all formal either. I like it, colors, font, what you call yourselves. It will catch people's eyes and they will think its cute and funny.
Thanks for the input Mary
Old 10-04-2012, 11:02 PM   #4431
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by tat2girl View Post
I've done these for all of my sales. I computer generate the sign ( 2" x 4") with what the product is, what it can be for (great teacher gift, etc) and the price. All nice, neat and legible. They are also easier and smaller to transport, I just throw them in a ziplock bag at the end of the day and pack them away. It's funny, people always ask me if they are for sale, too. You may want to make some up for sale, just in case .

Here's a pic: craft fair 2010 by tat2girl - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
I don't have room on my table for the frame style of sign.
I print out the product name and price, cut the strips of paper, then tape each one to the front of the tray holding it. I can get most of them to last throuh the whole season...
..except for the ones that sit in the midde of the table.
Does anyone else notice that older women carry very large big purses, and they feel free to plop it down on my product so they can search for their wallet to pay? It drives me crazeeeee!
And that is why I don't put fragile products in the middle of the table.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:45 AM   #4432
FiP
Rubber Obsessor

Diane, I did a small market today, and an elderly lady plopped her big handbag right onto my cards to find her wallet. Luckily, I had so many cards and they were angled in a box, that she didn't do any lasting damage. I just stood there horrified as I watched that bag go down though!!
Old 10-05-2012, 06:30 AM   #4433
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
I don't have room on my table for the frame style of sign.
I print out the product name and price, cut the strips of paper, then tape each one to the front of the tray holding it. I can get most of them to last throuh the whole season...
..except for the ones that sit in the midde of the table.
Does anyone else notice that older women carry very large big purses, and they feel free to plop it down on my product so they can search for their wallet to pay? It drives me crazeeeee!

I've had people move things on my table too, to set their other bags down or whatever. Sometimes my look (because I usually scowl before I remember to be nice!) reminds them that they are being not so nice and they apologize and move things back - sometimes they just don't care. Some people are super nice (most of them thank goodness) and some are jerks.

I had one lady last year who took about 20 minutes (and I'm not kidding on that) to look at a bookmark (that was selling for $1.25) on whether she should buy it, would it hold up, she's a librarian you know, reads a lot of books. I almost told her just use a torn piece of paper for crying out loud and move along. My niece was helping at that time and just stared at her. She was a bit batty (the lady, not my niece). She finally did buy the bookmark. She probably will come back this year to let me know if it held up. I'm just dying to find out!

MY GALLERY
Old 10-05-2012, 07:33 AM   #4434
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Thanks Kelly

Attachment 258666
Wow this is so creative!!
Old 10-05-2012, 07:38 AM   #4435
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
LOL
Old 10-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #4436
Rubber Obsessor

Default sign

Quote:
Thanks for the input Mary
I think the sign is fine, but Aaaaahhhhs shouldn't be in quotes.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:33 PM   #4437
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via AIM to NancyL2648

I honestly don't think people think before they do some things. One year I had a mom and two teenagers come to my table and put their cans of soda down while they proceeded to look at my items. Yikes!
I had to nicely explain what liquid would do to papercrafts. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiP View Post
Diane, I did a small market today, and an elderly lady plopped her big handbag right onto my cards to find her wallet. Luckily, I had so many cards and they were angled in a box, that she didn't do any lasting damage. I just stood there horrified as I watched that bag go down though!!

Old 10-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #4438
Pearl-ExPert

I uploaded some of my craft sale stuff finally, if anyone is interested.

MY GALLERY
Old 10-05-2012, 05:28 PM   #4439

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianneo View Post
I think the sign is fine, but Aaaaahhhhs shouldn't be in quotes.
I didn't have it in quotes to begin with and my partners asked to put them on!

I'm going to take them back off!

Thanks!!
Old 10-05-2012, 07:35 PM   #4440
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiP View Post
hahahahaha. I know!!!
They do it ALL the time!! It is more comical to me now that I try to put non-fragile items in the middle of the table. Still annoying, but at the same time they can be darned cute. It is usually the lady who wants to stay there and talk and talk about how wonderful my crafts are - or which grandchild is getting which item. Adorable when I am not too busy.