Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-24-2010, 11:47 AM   #401
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbmusic View Post
Last year I made 20 Grinch pills and they sold out within an hour. I made 12 more that night and they were gone fast the next day. I am planning on doing 50 up front this year. If I have time I will do more. I sold them for $1.00 each last year, but am debating raising it to $1.50 each this year.
For those who made these and used M&M's or Sixlets, how many did you put in a bag? Or what size bag did you use? And how did you keep from eating them all before you got the bag sealed.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-24-2010, 01:27 PM   #402
Stampin' Fool

I measured them out before putting them in bags. I believe I used a 1/4 cup of M&M's. I think I am going to "hire" my DD to count them out this year. If I decide to sell them for the same price as the sticks, I want them to have a comparable amount.
I bought the giant bags of M&M and sorted them out. That is why my reindeer noses are M&M's, I know some people use red hots.

As for not eating them. I allowed myself to eat all the broken ones or crazy deformed ones. I dump all the M&M's into a big bowl, sort into smaller bowls by color, measure and bag. Once they are in the bags it is easier to stay away from them. I advise doing this AFTER A BIG DINNER when you are full. Of course when they are all bagged there is generally a little left over that doesn't fill a whole bag and is your treat for getting them done.
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Old 09-24-2010, 03:39 PM   #403
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthompson View Post
I don't know of coffee pouches but Folgers does sell the one cup bags like little tea bags?? Maybe??
I think Starbuck's sells the coffee pouches. I would look in the coffee section to make sure that someone like Wal-Mart has them first before going to Starbuck's
www.icantbelieveimadethat.blogspot.com
Proud RAK Member
"Always do your best. What you plan now, you will harvest later." Og Mandino
Old 09-24-2010, 03:43 PM   #404
Stazon Splitcoast

i've seen coffee pounch at target. last year before the holidays. in the dollar section. i packaged them up in coffee mugs.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:19 PM   #405
Stampin' Fool

I was thinking of getting the Bookmark sleeves from Clearbags, but I don't think I will make 100 of them. Does anyone know of a more local place that carries the vinyl bookmark covers in a smaller quantity and hopefully cheeper than $20 for 100?
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Old 09-24-2010, 05:28 PM   #406
Polyshrink Goddess

I was thinking about making some Christmas cards that can hold a photo on the front. I know lots of people send photo cards each year, so I thought I might try to make them. I can't seem to find directions or a template anywhere for these. Does anyone have one or have any suggestions?

I really love this thread and all of the great ideas that everyone has. Now, I need to get busy and work on completing some of these projects. My first craft show is in mid-November.

Thanks!

Pat
Old 09-24-2010, 07:18 PM   #407
Kookie Creator

Smile Cards or Gift Card Holders

Quote:
Originally Posted by patscrap View Post
I was thinking about making some Christmas cards that can hold a photo on the front. I know lots of people send photo cards each year, so I thought I might try to make them. I can't seem to find directions or a template anywhere for these. Does anyone have one or have any suggestions?

I really love this thread and all of the great ideas that everyone has. Now, I need to get busy and work on completing some of these projects. My first craft show is in mid-November.

Thanks!

Pat
I don't have a template for them but you've made me think of a suggestion: Beate's Tri-Fold Card Instructions in the resources section of SCS at
Splitcoaststampers - Trifold Pocket Card Project Tutorial by Beate Johns

The tri-fold card may be a variation for you if you don't find the template you are looking for. Instead of, or as well as, putting the photo on the insert (*insert as suggested by Beate), you could just insert a photo, perhaps with a magnetic strip on the back, into the tri-fold card. Have samples to show customers.
It could even be made to look like a mini scrap book page to go into an album or sit on display, or put on the fridge. It could be applied all year round for whatever event or reason.

Small photos would fit into some of the credit card size gift folders and the photo could be intended to go into a wallett. Here's a link to instructions for one by Jenn on SCS:
Splitcoaststampers - Gift Card Holder Project Tutorial by Jenn Balcer

There are lots of others in the SCS gallery which look like purses, which could also be used for the photos, too.

Hopefully, all this gives people more reasons to buy our crafts! !

HTH,
Cheers,
Sharon
Old 09-24-2010, 07:22 PM   #408
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by patscrap View Post

Thanks!

Pat
try searching the gallery for Photo cards
Old 09-24-2010, 08:06 PM   #409
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
I was thinking of getting the Bookmark sleeves from Clearbags, but I don't think I will make 100 of them. Does anyone know of a more local place that carries the vinyl bookmark covers in a smaller quantity and hopefully cheeper than $20 for 100?
For bookmarks I cut acetate to the width of of the bookmark and double the length of the bookmark plus about a 1/4" and and score them in half...I put a hole through entire top (bookmark & acetate). The sides are open but it makes for a very inexpensive bookmark cover. I'll have to look for a pic somewhere (or make a new one).
Old 09-24-2010, 08:12 PM   #410
Pearl-ExPert

Default Candles

The new Michaels Ad has the candles for $1.50 the 2.8" X 3" candle. I think the sale would start Sept 26.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:02 PM   #411
Stampin' Fool

I have been thinking about investing in a wire rack to display my cards better, but the shipping is outrageous.
What do you think of this cardboard display? I am afraid it will look cheep.
This Corrugated Floor Display Was Designed to Hold Greeting Cards! The Cardboard POP Display Ships Flat to Save You Money! - Displays2go
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Old 09-24-2010, 09:04 PM   #412
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampnsk8r View Post
For bookmarks I cut acetate to the width of of the bookmark and double the length of the bookmark plus about a 1/4" and and score them in half...I put a hole through entire top (bookmark & acetate). The sides are open but it makes for a very inexpensive bookmark cover. I'll have to look for a pic somewhere (or make a new one).
Thank you for the idea. I decided to go ahead and order the lesser quality ones from clearbags. I think the thickness will still be fine in the end. I will have a bunch left over for classes in the spring.
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Old 09-24-2010, 09:53 PM   #413
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
I have been thinking about investing in a wire rack to display my cards better, but the shipping is outrageous.
This Corrugated Floor Display Was Designed to Hold Greeting Cards! The Cardboard POP Display Ships Flat to Save You Money! - Displays2go
I bought a wire spinning rack from displays2go and I love it! I've sold SOOOOO many more cards with the rack then when I had them in boxes for people to flip through. It's a great height-making tool on your table too! Definitely worth the investment for me.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:58 AM   #414
Rubber Obsessor

I looked at some of their wire racks and they look good, but I notice that the ones I looked at were made to hold 5x7 cards. Most of the cards I make are smaller, maybe 4x5. Would these cards be too small and fall out? My DH is considering making me a card rack out of wood, but I'm wondering if it would be easier and perhaps cheaper just to order one from here. TIA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsalamon View Post
I bought a wire spinning rack from displays2go and I love it! I've sold SOOOOO many more cards with the rack then when I had them in boxes for people to flip through. It's a great height-making tool on your table too! Definitely worth the investment for me.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:30 AM   #415
Stampin' Fool

You can also price compare this site for wire racks. Depending on where you are, your shipping might be better. They have a 12 card rack and a 48 card rack. The 48 rack was going to run me about $70 after shipping. The 12 about $42.
Greeting Card Racks | Counter Top & Spinner Greeting Card Racks
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Old 09-25-2010, 05:32 AM   #416
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by loribelle3 View Post
I looked at some of their wire racks and they look good, but I notice that the ones I looked at were made to hold 5x7 cards. Most of the cards I make are smaller, maybe 4x5. Would these cards be too small and fall out? My DH is considering making me a card rack out of wood, but I'm wondering if it would be easier and perhaps cheaper just to order one from here. TIA!
If you are making the standard A2 card size (4-1/4 x 5-1/2) this is what you would want. Remember you envelope is slightly larger also and you still want a little wiggle room.
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Old 09-25-2010, 05:51 AM   #417
Rubber Obsessor

I'm looking at both sites and trying to decide which is better, the 24 rack from Displays to GO, or the 48 rack from the STore Supply Warehouse. The 48 obviously holds more, but it doesn't look like it spins either. And it doesn't list the dimensions. Hmmm. Decisions, decisions!

Quote:
If you are making the standard A2 card size (4-1/4 x 5-1/2) this is what you would want. Remember you envelope is slightly larger also and you still want a little wiggle room.

Last edited by loribelle3; 09-25-2010 at 05:58 AM..
Old 09-25-2010, 07:28 AM   #418
Rubber Obsessor

Made a decision, bought the spinning 24 holder from Displays to Go!
Old 09-25-2010, 08:59 AM   #419
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Thank you for the idea. I decided to go ahead and order the lesser quality ones from clearbags. I think the thickness will still be fine in the end. I will have a bunch left over for classes in the spring.
I use the less expensive ones from clearbags item #HBM3 . They are still very nice quality. I think they were $6 for 100 last time I ordered. I just cut off the top flap with the hole on it as that is the part that looks a little cheaper and if I want to put a ribbon on the top I just punch a hole on the back top. I have some in my gallery without ribbons from last year and some with ribbon a little further back in my gallery from the year before that I have sold for the past couple years for 2.50ea and sometimes put them on sale for 2 for $4. I think if this is what you ordered you will like them.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:09 AM   #420
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Also check on craigs list and local store going out of business. I found two 72 pocket racks ( pic of one is in my gallery) for $25 ea on craigslist last year and you can display both the 5x7 and smaller cards in them if you put them in the clear bag jackets.
I also found a table top spinner from a lady that sells stationary and cards that always came with a rack and she sold the racks when they emptied for $15. I got a little post card rack from a store going out of business for $15.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:35 AM   #421
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLH1966 View Post
I found some little mini pens in the party favor section of Hobby Lobby. There were 12 pens for $2.99 I think? They were blue, green, pink, yellow and purple. They fit great in the post it holders. So, if you are having trouble finding some, that might be an idea.
That is great! I will have to check that out. I have been having a hard time finding them and ended up finding some on Amazon that were from Staples, but they are 12 for $7.98 + S/H. Yikes!
Old 09-25-2010, 12:07 PM   #422
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLH1966 View Post
I found some little mini pens in the party favor section of Hobby Lobby. There were 12 pens for $2.99 I think? They were blue, green, pink, yellow and purple. They fit great in the post it holders. So, if you are having trouble finding some, that might be an idea.
You can occasionally find these colors in a six pack at Target dollar bins too.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:20 PM   #423
Insane Embellisher

For those of you looking for the mini pens...I found this link I thought you would like...
Old 09-25-2010, 12:20 PM   #424
Insane Embellisher

oops...forgot the link...lol

YouTube - How to make a cool mini pen in one minute
Old 09-25-2010, 01:31 PM   #425
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhb1281 View Post
Also check on craigs list and local store going out of business. I found two 72 pocket racks ( pic of one is in my gallery) for $25 ea on craigslist last year and you can display both the 5x7 and smaller cards in them if you put them in the clear bag jackets.
I also found a table top spinner from a lady that sells stationary and cards that always came with a rack and she sold the racks when they emptied for $15. I got a little post card rack from a store going out of business for $15.
I have been keeping an eye on craiglist with no luck. There was also a store in town going out of business that was going to have an auction. I waited all summer for the day to come! When DH and I went to look, they no longer had the small card spinner that had previously been on their counter, and only had two monstrous card racks that he thought would be too big. Plus, we would have had to wait there all day, as the auction was HUGE. That's when he decided to build me one. Then, thanks to this thread, I checked out the websites from above. We decided it was just going to be easier to buy one since we have a show in 2 weeks.

I've been working all day stamping on tiles. Back to work I go!
Old 09-25-2010, 01:32 PM   #426
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampnsk8r View Post
That is very cool. It would save me money if it works! Anyone volunteering to try it and let us know?
Old 09-25-2010, 02:12 PM   #427
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennunder View Post
That is great! I will have to check that out. I have been having a hard time finding them and ended up finding some on Amazon that were from Staples, but they are 12 for $7.98 + S/H. Yikes!
I just bought 5 dozen of the mini gel pens (all black ink) from Staples for $4.99 a dozen. I did have a store credit that I used, but I thought that wasn't too bad.

I heard they run them for $1.99 a box sometimes, but I have never seen that price at my Staples.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:31 PM   #428
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
You can also price compare this site for wire racks. Depending on where you are, your shipping might be better. They have a 12 card rack and a 48 card rack. The 48 rack was going to run me about $70 after shipping. The 12 about $42.
Greeting Card Racks | Counter Top & Spinner Greeting Card Racks
kjbmusic: Good call! I really liked the card rack at displays2go, but the shipping was outrageous to the West Coast; so I got two of the tabletop racks from Store Supply Warehouse for the same price! Apparently they have a warehouse on my side of the continent and this saved me lots of money. I'm really thinking this will save oodles of space on my craft sale table and I can use it in my office the rest of the time!

Can't wait to get these...
Thanks again,
Kat
"Be Still and Know That I Am God" Ps. 46:10
Old 09-25-2010, 07:24 PM   #429
Gabfest Goddess

Impressions: "Pumpkin Poo"
Proud RAK Member
Old 09-25-2010, 07:28 PM   #430
Gabfest Goddess

Snowman Kisses:
Impressions: "Snowman Kisses"
Proud RAK Member
Old 09-25-2010, 09:52 PM   #431
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by smriti View Post
Thanks for the info Diane! I'll add that to my Target shopping list Wow - 20!! I was planning on making 6 snowman kisses and 6 grinch pills Maybe I'm thinking small!

Anyone has any info on the best place to buy the Hershey Candy bars from?
Costco sells the Hershey chocolate bars at a good price.
I also saw the foil-wrapped eyeballs at Big Lots on the week-end. They are kinda pricey but they are caramel-filled chocolate balls.

Rite-Aid has the M&M's on for $1.99 right now..not the fall colours though.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:05 PM   #432
Insane Embellisher

Default CARD SPINNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsalamon View Post
Which one did you buy? There are so many!
And my cards are not generally 5x7 so might look too small in the pockets??
A pic would be great if you have one.

Also wondering about shipping costs.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:11 PM   #433
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by loribelle3 View Post
Made a decision, bought the spinning 24 holder from Displays to Go!
Which one?? There are sooo many on the site and I can't seem to find the 24 card one?!?
How much did the order come to including shipping?
Old 09-25-2010, 10:30 PM   #434
Crimping Master

Subbing to this thread too...
Anyone have any ideas for altering Dominoes .I have 24 from my sons Elmo domino game that he never played with and he lost 4 of them.. sooo Mommy needs to craft .Found out tonight that the craft fair I was in wants me back...
Old 09-26-2010, 05:02 AM   #435
Hardware Hotshot

There are lots of domino samples in the gallery but I think this is probably one of my favorites: More domino necklaces by lazylizard - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
I have a bunch of ribbon necklaces left over so I think I'm going to give this a shot. I like how she has them packaged as well. Other ideas would be magnets and keychains (you just need to drill a little hole in the corner). You could also cut paper to fit and stamp on that if you wanted in case you don't have StazOn or another ink that will dry on the domino. I've had success using embossing powder on them. Then I coat them in Crystal Effects so the embossing powder won't chip off.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:02 AM   #436
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
Which one did you buy? There are so many!
And my cards are not generally 5x7 so might look too small in the pockets??
A pic would be great if you have one.

Also wondering about shipping costs.
I have this one: Greeting Card Stand For Displaying Themed Greeting Cards. Order Today Ships Today! - Displays2go

I bought it when it was on an overstock sale and with shipping the total was around $60.

I have pics in my craft show album in my gallery of the spinner with cards in it. The majority of my cards are A2 size and they look great in the pockets.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:33 AM   #437
Crimping Master

Thanks for the info.. Is there a way to get off the images or special prep needed? for the dominoes?
Old 09-26-2010, 04:30 PM   #438
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
Which one?? There are sooo many on the site and I can't seem to find the 24 card one?!?
How much did the order come to including shipping?
It came to $75.40. Shipping was $22.04. The SKU number is GCH5724BK.
http://www.displays2go.com/product.asp?ID=8177
I didn't want one to sit on my table, but to put beside it. That way I have more table space for other things! HTH!

Last edited by loribelle3; 09-26-2010 at 04:33 PM..
Old 09-26-2010, 05:33 PM   #439
Rubber Obsessor

hi everyone - just did my first show of the 'season' yesterday...brought lots of stuff, but too early for any holiday items - first the down side...way too hot (90ish) and humid, this is new england and the weather isn't supposed to be this way now, people were too hot to shop - another thing to look out for when choosing a show...beware of 'children's festivals', fun for the kids, but moms were too busy herding kids (and feeding them) to shop - I made the table fee and lunch
good stuff - the wire spinning rack that I bought is worth it's weight in gold, sold many scrabble tile pendants, also glass in several sizes - buying another rack this week as many people were to lazy to look through all the pendant designs hanging up - 2 racks, more exposure - good place is 'cheapbids4you' on e-bay, lots of display stuff at good prices and shipping that's not off the charts - lesson learned...put stuff at eye level as often as possible (use bed risers !!!) - watch which shows you sign up for (no more kids festivals for me) - use signs that are large and clear
I looked at my booth from a buyers view and saw that nothing would draw me into it, my idea, LARGE poster size photos of my best stuff mounted on foamboard and hung or put on easels - will post some pics soon - other best seller...good ole post-its !!
Old 09-26-2010, 06:41 PM   #440
Insane Embellisher

yippeee for post its...besides cards...that's what I have the most of. I'm with you...no kid fest events...too many kids with chocolate on their fingers...yikes. Glad you at least made your booth fees. Hope your next show is better.