Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree461Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #4321
Creative Crew SU Design Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
I posted the kleenex wrappers and some new tall notepad sets I made on my facebook page.

Next on my list is gift card holders, so this chatter is helpful.
We saw packages of those kleenex at the dollar store today, but weren't sure how to package them. Yours look like they have a belly band of card stock, is that right?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-16-2012, 10:37 AM   #4322
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc magnolia View Post
Cute Smriti!! So, it looks like you package them but leave one out so they can see it?
Yes that's correct! That way the customers can get a feel of the GC holder and I don't need to open every other pack.

Doornocker3 - thank you
Old 09-16-2012, 05:21 PM   #4323
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
On Etsy or Sun & Moon online store are good suppliers.
Thanks Diane! I went to Joanns today and they only had one package of bails...can you believe it? CRAZY! I'll try those websites. TY!
Old 09-16-2012, 07:46 PM   #4324
Matboard Maniac

Wow that sun and moon site is something else isn't it? I just got a ton of stuff...enough to make 24 necklaces and 10 earring sets....and I have no craft shows! Hee....hee....Christmas presents here.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:21 PM   #4325
Mad Swapper

I am finally starting to get some crafting done for the craft fairs that I am doing this year. The good news is that I am sharing a booth with two friends, so there's less pressure on me to produce a mass quantity of things. I just did some Halloween test tube treats today. I am also working on nugget tins, Frappuccino bottles, clothespin magnets and little baby food jars filled with homemade hair ties.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:32 AM   #4326
Kookie Creator

After Christmas last year, I bought a bunch of pencils that were on clearance. Yesterday I finally go around to putting them into the 1x8 cello bags (2 in each bag). I plan to put a topper on it and sell them for $1 each, like the M&M and skittles. Great option for those that don't want to give their kids candy. Also a great option for kids to hand out to their school friends. I have 120 sets so I hope they sell! lol

My sometimes neglected blog
Old 09-18-2012, 11:01 AM   #4327
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAmomof2 View Post
I am finally starting to get some crafting done for the craft fairs that I am doing this year. The good news is that I am sharing a booth with two friends, so there's less pressure on me to produce a mass quantity of things. I just did some Halloween test tube treats today. I am also working on nugget tins, Frappuccino bottles, clothespin magnets and little baby food jars filled with homemade hair ties.
Here's my baby food jars with hair ties. I am going to try to make a tag to put on the jar, we'll see if I get to it.
Attached Thumbnails
img_8167.jpg   img_8168.jpg   img_8170.jpg  
Old 09-18-2012, 11:36 AM   #4328
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Some test tube treats...
Attached Thumbnails
img_8171.jpg   img_8172.jpg   img_8175.jpg  
Old 09-18-2012, 07:43 PM   #4329
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCraftyTouch View Post
Wow that sun and moon site is something else isn't it? I just got a ton of stuff...enough to make 24 necklaces and 10 earring sets....and I have no craft shows! Hee....hee....Christmas presents here.
oh yes! I should get a commission for all the people I send their way. lol
Their stuff is great quality too.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:45 PM   #4330
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Some test tube treats...
Love your pics of items. Very cute.
I always admire halloween goodies from a distance because they just don't sell here. I make xmas treats for the October shows. They do sell. IT is so interesting how it varies by region.

I have been working on some gift card holders shaped like a coffee cup. Pretty easy and cute. Hope to assemble them tonight.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:11 AM   #4331
Crimping Master

Quote:
Some test tube treats...
These are great! I've heard of them, but had never seen a picture. Thanks for sharing!

Yesterday was an icky day here in Maryland, so DD and I spent the day in my scrapping room. I got 10 cards done using stuff that I had cut on the Cricut, but had never used. I also got 20 toppers for Halloween treats done, and finished an album for a friend's 40th Birthday.

Pam
Old 09-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #4332

Quote:
Some test tube treats...
Adorable!! Ohhh it's like test tubes the scientist used when making Frankenstein!! bwwahhhahhha
Old 09-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #4333
Inking Addict

For anyone who has a Sam's Club close and needs Hershey bars for the Laurie Furnell Snowmen, my sister found a great deal! They have a S'mores kit for $4.46 which contains 18 full size Hershey bars, 4 packs of graham crackers and a bag of marshmallows. This is a really good deal just for the candy bars (which work out to about $.25 each)!
Attached Thumbnails
dscn0648.jpg  
Old 09-19-2012, 08:34 PM   #4334
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by am2106 View Post
For anyone who has a Sam's Club close and needs Hershey bars for the Laurie Furnell Snowmen, my sister found a great deal! They have a S'mores kit for $4.46 which contains 18 full size Hershey bars, 4 packs of graham crackers and a bag of marshmallows. This is a really good deal just for the candy bars (which work out to about $.25 each)!
Thanks for the info!
Old 09-19-2012, 08:46 PM   #4335
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by am2106 View Post
Are these on clearance?

-Christel
Old 09-20-2012, 05:58 AM   #4336
Rubber Obsessor

I don't no if this is the right place to ask ...I'm looking for some sort of bag etc..for giving hand soap (from bath & bady) for a girls lunchin ..just something to sit at there place setting ...I have looked all morning on this site I couldn't fine nothing ...maybe there is someone out there that has made acover for the soap ...and could help me out ...Thanks Ann
Old 09-20-2012, 10:04 AM   #4337

Three of us are doing our first craft show and we've determined prices for cards, but some of the cards are more elaborate and therefore we thought we'd charge more for those. Then I read the great idea that some of you had about selling a card for say $3.00 but 5 for $12.00. It seems to me that having different priced cards and various prices for bundles would get very confusing. Do y'all think it would be simpler to just have a blanket price for all cards and bundles???
Old 09-20-2012, 07:42 PM   #4338
FiP
Matboard Maniac

I sell all my cards for $2 each. I keep them pretty simple mostly, and don't use expensive embellishments. I have done 6 for $10 a couple of times, which was reasonably popular.

When I sell with my friend (who also does a small amount of cards), I don't do that offer. I also wouldn't have cards at different prices and do that offer. I think it just makes it too confusing to the customers and possibly the sellers! Plus you may lose sales if customers can't have the more expensive ones at the bargain price like the rest.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #4339
Inking Addict

Quote:
Are these on clearance?

-Christel
Re: S'mores kits at Sam's Club - yes, they're on clearance. I'm going tomorrow to get some more...hopefully
Old 09-21-2012, 10:11 AM   #4340
Kookie Creator

Can anyone give me an idea of how much you sell your lollipop holders for at craft shows? My friend made some using the new MFT die, decorated a bit and put a tootsie pop inside. She priced it at $2.50. I think that is way too much for a tootsie pop. I was thing more along the lines of $1.50.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:36 AM   #4341
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugtwin View Post
Can anyone give me an idea of how much you sell your lollipop holders for at craft shows? My friend made some using the new MFT die, decorated a bit and put a tootsie pop inside. She priced it at $2.50. I think that is way too much for a tootsie pop. I was thing more along the lines of $1.50.
Personally, I think $2.50 is way too high, too. I made a whole bunch of Halloween decorated tootsie pops for a show and priced them at $.50. I didn't collect tax, just included it in the price of my items. Mine were cute but simple and I used Halloween stickers.

I sold out immediately at $.50 each. Every parent who had kids with them dug in their pockets and got a dollar bill or change out. People who weren't even interested in papercraft items bought them for their kids.

Here is a pic of some of my craft fair items, with the pops:

Halloween Tootsie Pops by buggainok - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
cookie1031 likes this post.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:05 PM   #4342
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
Personally, I think $2.50 is way too high, too. I made a whole bunch of Halloween decorated tootsie pops for a show and priced them at $.50. I didn't collect tax, just included it in the price of my items. Mine were cute but simple and I used Halloween stickers.

I sold out immediately at $.50 each. Every parent who had kids with them dug in their pockets and got a dollar bill or change out. People who weren't even interested in papercraft items bought them for their kids.

Here is a pic of some of my craft fair items, with the pops:

Halloween Tootsie Pops by buggainok - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

those are stinkin' cute... and Im guessing just a tad underpriced for the amount of work you put into them. they really look like you should be asking a little more. but, I understand that .50 cent thing and not having to haul any home too.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:07 PM   #4343
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Quote:
Three of us are doing our first craft show and we've determined prices for cards, but some of the cards are more elaborate and therefore we thought we'd charge more for those. Then I read the great idea that some of you had about selling a card for say $3.00 but 5 for $12.00. It seems to me that having different priced cards and various prices for bundles would get very confusing. Do y'all think it would be simpler to just have a blanket price for all cards and bundles???
well, Im thinking since there are 3 of you, you should all do your price tags say color coded and price things appropriately and then take the price tags off the backs of the cards so you have a way to sort the money after without writing every single sales down.

my own price tags for cards look like this. ( will edit with a photo when I find it for you)

blog post with price tags snap shot from last year:
http://stacysmemorytriggers.blogspot...-recyling.html
Old 09-21-2012, 07:52 PM   #4344
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
those are stinkin' cute... and Im guessing just a tad underpriced for the amount of work you put into them. they really look like you should be asking a little more. but, I understand that .50 cent thing and not having to haul any home too.

Thank you, Stacy. They really were simple to make - 3" x 6" cardstock, folded, doodled around the edge, sticker in the middle, and then stapled shut around the tootsie pop. Then I tied the small ribbon on.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 09-22-2012, 11:16 AM   #4345
Inking Addict

Question for you experienced crafter fair participants.....How many of the same card should I bring? Attendance figured at 1000--is 20 to many of the same card? I plan on bringing note pads, post it holders, calendars, cards, lip balm purses priced at $3 or 2 for $5, or 5 for $10...Also chipboard albums and not sure what else I can put together.... Any suggestions or pics of ideas are welcome! Thanks.
Dawn
Old 09-22-2012, 05:54 PM   #4346
Polyshrink Goddess

Well, I did the vendor fair at my school. It was a small event, only 5 vendors, and only a hand full of shoppers. But I didnt do too bad! I sold 18 cards, which is pretty good considering I rarely sell any of them! Sold quite a few Key Fobs, and also a bunch of Travel Coloring cases. I have to get more boy-ish ones made up! Next event is on Saturday, so I will be busy!!
Old 09-22-2012, 10:23 PM   #4347
FiP
Matboard Maniac

How many lots of 20 cards have you got?

I've got about 200 one of a kind cards to sell at the markets I'm doing this year. I suspect there won't be 1000 people at any of them! (Also got about 1000+ other items.)
Old 09-22-2012, 11:13 PM   #4348
Inking Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiP View Post
How many lots of 20 cards have you got?

I've got about 200 one of a kind cards to sell at the markets I'm doing this year. I suspect there won't be 1000 people at any of them! (Also got about 1000+ other items.)
That's what I'm not sure of. I probably have 100 one of a kind cards, but since I'm planning on making more, I'm wondering how many of the same ones I should make. I'm also planning on making some boxes of cards--8 cards that coordinate but have different sayings.

I'm so afraid I'm going to have either not enough or way way way too much.
Dawn
Old 09-23-2012, 12:06 AM   #4349
Polyshrink Goddess

bump
Old 09-23-2012, 12:41 AM   #4350
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristlin View Post
That's what I'm not sure of. I probably have 100 one of a kind cards, but since I'm planning on making more, I'm wondering how many of the same ones I should make. I'm also planning on making some boxes of cards--8 cards that coordinate but have different sayings.

I'm so afraid I'm going to have either not enough or way way way too much.
Dawn
I usually do one of a kind cards. The only ones I duplicate are ones that have 3D embellishsments, or have been very popular designs in the past.
I have not haad much luck with sets though.

I make about 100 xmas and 100 all occasion cards. I try to keep them simple of use only supplies I was able to get on sale because I sell them for $2 each. When they were priced more, they just didn't sell.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:58 PM   #4351
Pearl-ExPert

working on gift card holders this weekend. Time to put those patterns and examples I pinned on Pinterest to work! watching Season 1 of Grimm while crafting. Kind of like that show. Kind of liking my gift card holders too.

MY GALLERY
Old 09-23-2012, 01:30 PM   #4352
Polyshrink Goddess

LOL Mary, I caught up on so many shows that I missed while crafting. Watched the first 2 seasons of Game of Thrones, and I am on my last show of the 5th season of True Blood. They need to come out with some more shows soon. I am running out of stuff to watch! I usually pop a DVD in too, but waiting for the next batch to arrive from Netflix.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #4353
Matboard Maniac

Default Hand Sanitizers - what do you sell yours for?

I made these to sell at my very first craft show. Yes - you all motivated me to do one this year...luckily I got the last booth at my church's fair! What do you think I should sell them for? I was thinking $3 each or 4/$10.

If you want to know how to make them...I put the instructions and details on where I got them on my blog today. My blog theme this week is 7 days of craft fair!
Attached Thumbnails
20120923_145428_wm.jpeg  
Old 09-23-2012, 03:57 PM   #4354
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCraftyTouch View Post
I made these to sell at my very first craft show. Yes - you all motivated me to do one this year...luckily I got the last booth at my church's fair! What do you think I should sell them for? I was thinking $3 each or 4/$10.

If you want to know how to make them...I put the instructions and details on where I got them on my blog today. My blog theme this week is 7 days of craft fair!

Those are very cute. Thanks for posting them and the directions on your blog (which is very nice too!). I just got some hand sanitizers at the Dollar store - not sure what to price them at either, so hopefully someone here will give some advice.

MY GALLERY
Old 09-23-2012, 04:00 PM   #4355
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRKIDDO View Post
LOL Mary, I caught up on so many shows that I missed while crafting. Watched the first 2 seasons of Game of Thrones, and I am on my last show of the 5th season of True Blood. They need to come out with some more shows soon. I am running out of stuff to watch! I usually pop a DVD in too, but waiting for the next batch to arrive from Netflix.

I don't have Netflix yet, but soon. But may I suggest - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (show) - one of the BEST shows ever made. West Wing too. I always watch marathons on tv too, NCIS, Mentalist mostly. Harry Potter too. I also really like Castle, cute show. I have to watch shows or movies that I am familiar with, can't get caught up in - cause then I stop crafting and just watch them.
Game of Thrones is on my list to watch though.

MY GALLERY
Old 09-23-2012, 07:37 PM   #4356
FiP
Matboard Maniac

Bristlin

I'm all about variety. I can't bring myself to exactly duplicate a card (there'll always be a little difference). Keeps it interesting for me, and offers my customers the most choice. My first instinct is to advise you that 5 - 10 of the same card would be enough. Unless you want or need to do them production-line style, which does make sense, I just choose not to do it.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:50 PM   #4357
Matboard Maniac

Have you seen any stores that still have the comp. books on sale?
Old 09-27-2012, 08:09 PM   #4358

I need to know too!

My two friends and I were doing a small one day show in Nov. and just found out today that we were accepted in the juried craft show we applied to in Dec. It's a huge 2 day show and now we're making plans to make more.
I'm torn between which type of mini legal pads to do as well. The type with a cardstock cover and a matching RSVP pen is good, BUT I really think the type that you put in empty SU stamp cases would sell very well too. I guess just make some of each huh?
Old 09-27-2012, 08:18 PM   #4359
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrussom View Post
I don't have Netflix yet, but soon. But may I suggest - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (show) - one of the BEST shows ever made. West Wing too. I always watch marathons on tv too, NCIS, Mentalist mostly. Harry Potter too. I also really like Castle, cute show. I have to watch shows or movies that I am familiar with, can't get caught up in - cause then I stop crafting and just watch them.
Game of Thrones is on my list to watch though.
I watched Buffy when it originally came out. And...I've met David Boreanaz in person! He grew up not far from here, and his parents still live there. I am all caught up on NCIS & Mentalist too. Cant' wait for the new Castle!
Old 09-27-2012, 08:20 PM   #4360
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
I need to know too!

My two friends and I were doing a small one day show in Nov. and just found out today that we were accepted in the juried craft show we applied to in Dec. It's a huge 2 day show and now we're making plans to make more.
I'm torn between which type of mini legal pads to do as well. The type with a cardstock cover and a matching RSVP pen is good, BUT I really think the type that you put in empty SU stamp cases would sell very well too. I guess just make some of each huh?
I did a few classes with the SU case ones. They were a hit!!!! Making some for my sales. But making others as well.

May be doing a show in December too! I have a show on Saturday. Oh and I sold a few more items via word of mouth after my Vendor fair last week, so I am really excited!