Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree69Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-17-2012, 05:22 PM   #4241
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLH1966 View Post
I use Crystal Effects for all of my magnet steps!

Good luck!
Maria

Me too! Works great!

MY GALLERY
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-17-2012, 05:27 PM   #4242
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLH1966 View Post
Hi Mary:

I have used the ones from skybluepink for 5-6 years, and I use them with all kinds of paper, and have sold tons! Noone has ever said anything about it, so I don't know that they are paying too much attention to that. I think it will be fine!!

Maria

I got some from Taylored Expressions - about the same price, although I liked the font on the other better. Maybe next time I'll get from the other site.

MY GALLERY

Last edited by mrussom; 08-17-2012 at 05:28 PM.. Reason: typos
Old 08-17-2012, 05:30 PM   #4243
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyscrapmom View Post
I was reading my blog subscriptions in Google Reader and came across this beauty! STAMPING YEAR ROUND: BACK TO SCHOOL AND COMPOSITION BOOKS

Nice book! I really like the idea of the corner bookmark. I hope to do notebooks this weekend.

MY GALLERY
Old 08-17-2012, 07:18 PM   #4244
Glitter Queen

My magnet adhesive update - The magnets I glued on with hot glue are doing great. Everytime I walk by the fridge I pull them off and put them back on! They are getting quite the workout and not coming apart!

I bought the E 6000 glue - my only problem is getting the magnet not to slide off the gem! Maybe I am using too much but they will start sliding if I don't hold them in place. Once I got them in place I flipped them over to continue drying so that seems to work!

The E 6000 is a little more work, but at least I know they are stuck good.

So there is my update!

Wow! Who knew I could talk so much about glueing magnets onto gems.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions!

Jaime
Old 08-17-2012, 08:58 PM   #4245
FiP
Matboard Maniac

As I said on the previous page, I use Glossy Accents (which I believe is the same as Crystal Effects) for adhering the paper to the gem and the magnets to the paper. I generally put the gems face-down to dry, i.e. glue the magnet on and leave it 'on top' of the gem. Perhaps those super-strong magnets are trickier, but I've never had a problem with the ordinary little round magnets I use.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:00 PM   #4246
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftsrlb View Post
Last year was the first time I accepted credit cards. I have the square and it was so worth it. The only down side is that if you say you accept cards, you can't set a minimum purchase, so they can charge a $2.00 item if they want too, but that seems to be the exception rather than the rule.
I put a little sign on my table showing what cards I took. I had a woman ask if I took cards and I said yes, she said oh good cause I only have $8.00 left in my purse...she spent $84.00 at my table. I think people tend to spend more when they can charge things. Since the square is free, and the set up is free, no monthly charges- I say why not?
I am in Canada and don't believe any of the portable charge card services work there. Also, I am one of the few that don't have a smartphone or iphone yet.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:13 AM   #4247
Die Cut Diva

I've just been asked to have a table in October. I've never done one besides Christmas so I'm pretty excited about doing some Halloween/Fall stuff. I need to get busy!

Love all the ideas and websites and suggestions.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:01 PM   #4248
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
I was reading my blog subscriptions in Google Reader and came across this beauty! STAMPING YEAR ROUND: BACK TO SCHOOL AND COMPOSITION BOOKS
Those are cute. Much easier to do if you knew what inital you'd need.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:06 PM   #4249
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
This is the first time I made these. I started with a plan to make the pencil boxes I have seen before on this site but I didn't like the way the pencils shifted in the box (have I mentioned how crazy perfectionist I am??!). So, I created a pouch instead. I used my paper crimping tool for the bottom.

These are my girl designs. I have some boy pencils also, but haven't made those ones yet. In the close-up, you can see I added an eraser inserted into the front of the pouch.
Hope you like them.
I made these 2 years ago. While they are much easier to use then the boxes, I find that even using red line tape (sticky strip) the long edge doesn't hold well. The part I crimped was fine. They are very cute though!
Old 08-18-2012, 09:00 PM   #4250
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRKIDDO View Post
I made these 2 years ago. While they are much easier to use then the boxes, I find that even using red line tape (sticky strip) the long edge doesn't hold well. The part I crimped was fine. They are very cute though!
I made them using my ATG tape. I had no problems with them falling apart. But, just to be sure, I overlapped the ends of paper at the back, and also used a belly band to secure it. Under the crimping, I used ATG tape too.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:50 AM   #4251
Rubber Obsessor

I use Gorilla Glue to keep my neo magnets on the gems. Just watch your fingers!
Old 08-19-2012, 05:19 AM   #4252
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRKIDDO View Post
Those are cute. Much easier to do if you knew what inital you'd need.
I think those would be easy to personalize "on the spot". Make 1-2 with your initial and someone else you could give as a gift. Make the rest w/o a letter and put them on the table with a sign and/or tell them they can choose their letter. Then take the coordinating ink and punch card stock and alphaset with you so people can choose their letter. Maybe even let them try it!

Old 08-19-2012, 05:42 AM   #4253
Inking Addict

Quote:
Im part of a group on yahoo that participates in a bulk buy 1-2 times each month. Currently we are offering coasters, calendars, and misc accoutrements. If anyone is interested i will post the info. Its free to join, you dont have to place an order each time a bulk buy is offered and you can purchase as low as 1 qty if you like. I think there are close to 1000 members so we get some pretty good deals!
I would love this info, too, please! amoeggenborg@gmail.com

Thanks so much
Old 08-19-2012, 12:25 PM   #4254
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
I made them using my ATG tape. I had no problems with them falling apart. But, just to be sure, I overlapped the ends of paper at the back, and also used a belly band to secure it. Under the crimping, I used ATG tape too.
Oh good idea! It could of also been the pattern. It didn't have much "give" to it.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:55 PM   #4255
Creative Crew SU Design Team

I've been reading this thread and blogs that have craft fair info. Sooo many great ideas on here

I'm really looking at packaging now. Do you put everything in clear bags? For instance:
treat/candy holders
post it note holders
card sets
how about individual cards & envelopes? do you put them in a clear envy???

Thanks for your help!!
Old 08-24-2012, 08:49 PM   #4256
FiP
Matboard Maniac

If it will fit comfortably in a bag, I will bag it! I have accumulated various sizes of plastic and cello bags over the years, and nearly always put a 'topper' on them, often with a description of the contents (eg post-it notes holder or notebook and pen set), or perhaps a 'Just for You' type sentiment. As crafters, we generally know what something is, even when we just see it in a bag, but non-crafters don't always recognize or understand the uses (such as altered binder clips).
Old 08-25-2012, 03:53 AM   #4257
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc magnolia View Post
I've been reading this thread and blogs that have craft fair info. Sooo many great ideas on here

I'm really looking at packaging now. Do you put everything in clear bags? For instance:
treat/candy holders
post it note holders
card sets
how about individual cards & envelopes? do you put them in a clear envy???

Thanks for your help!!
I do put my cards in clear envies because so many people touch them. Most other finished projects dont go in a cello bag unless its a set like cards or magnets.

Old 08-25-2012, 05:30 AM   #4258
Matboard Maniac

Default re: bagging

Carole, I do bag almost everything like FiP mentioned. However, I do not write on my toppers what is inside the bag. I stamp the toppers and often add ribbon and a simple tag so that the item is ready to give as a gift. I have had customers at the craft fairs tell me that they liked the way I packaged things so that they could just give them immediately. I do put little frames near the items that "explain/name" what the item is and the cost. This keeps me from having to put a price sticker on everything and keeps them from having to remove it later, which could damage the packaging. Most of my craft fair items are small treats for teachers or co-workers, so gift wrap is not necessary when attractively packaged, but ready to be placed on a desk or inside a stocking, etc. I have received much help and many ideas from these threads, and these particular suggestions are not my original ideas, but what works for me. I do pkg. cards in clear envelopes that are like a book jacket if the inside is stamped or decorated. If it is blank, then I just state that on a sticker on the clear envelope. I do include envelopes that match the base of the card. Be sure to include that in your pricing. People do not tend to buy the cards without envelopes. Good luck!
Old 08-25-2012, 07:17 AM   #4259

Thanks BrooksKaren!

I have some left over treat bags from the dollar store (I was an elementary school teacher). I discovered that they are a great size for all kinds of things and very cheap!! Now that you've talked about this with me, I'll go get some more!

Where's the cheapest place to get clear envys for 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 cards and their envelopes to fin it?
Old 08-25-2012, 11:36 PM   #4260
Insane Embellisher

Hi all,
I have posted some new pics of my pendant tiles and some paper purses on my Facebook page.
Have a look.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:35 AM   #4261

Quote:
Hi all,
I have posted some new pics of my pendant tiles and some paper purses on my Facebook page.
Have a look.
Luv them!! Did you make the purses with the SU purse die????
Old 08-26-2012, 02:51 PM   #4262
Inking Addict

Cute purses and pendants. Where did you get the chains for the necklaces? Thanks, Maria
Old 08-26-2012, 04:06 PM   #4263
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Luv them!! Did you make the purses with the SU purse die????
The purses on my banner are with the SU die, but the ones for cream are from another die (ellison maybe, not sure). I will be posting more purses later.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:42 PM   #4264
Die Cut Diva

brookskaren - I had to check the name of the person posting this because I thought it was me LOL

I follow the same procedures as you. I have signs with what the item(s) is and the costs and try to bag as many things as possible for a "ready to give" look.

Last year, DD and I stamped regular lunch bags and put labels on them with our contact information to put purchases. They got a good response from people too. Not overly decorated, but cute enough to stand out.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:26 PM   #4265

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknocker3 View Post
brookskaren - I had to check the name of the person posting this because I thought it was me LOL

I follow the same procedures as you. I have signs with what the item(s) is and the costs and try to bag as many things as possible for a "ready to give" look.

Last year, DD and I stamped regular lunch bags and put labels on them with our contact information to put purchases. They got a good response from people too. Not overly decorated, but cute enough to stand out.
To put their purchases in? OMG I haven't even thought of that!! I'm trying to keep costs down, so that I can price low....

Dorlene, if you do mean to put their purchases in, are the lunch bags large enough for most things?
Old 08-27-2012, 07:18 AM   #4266
Die Cut Diva

Yes, Carole, I do mean to put their purchases in. The lunch bags seem to be large enough for most purchases since my items are usually small stocking stuffer size items. Since you are a SU! demonstrator, you can probably use the plastic bags that are used for those purchases for larger items.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #4267
Pearl-ExPert

Diane, the purses, key chains and necklace are beautiful! If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the hand cream and lip gloss from?
Old 08-27-2012, 11:19 AM   #4268

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknocker3 View Post
Yes, Carole, I do mean to put their purchases in. The lunch bags seem to be large enough for most purchases since my items are usually small stocking stuffer size items. Since you are a SU! demonstrator, you can probably use the plastic bags that are used for those purchases for larger items.
What a great idea!! Thanks Dorlene

So I gotta ask my upline how/where to get the larger plastic bags. I bet they are listed with supplies somewhere.

Do you spose I should put one of my business cards in with every purchase?

Ohhh and guess what???? My retired teachers' group wants me to do a Stampin' Up workshop for them!! Yipee, this will be my first event I remember showing people how to use rubber stamps when I worked at the LSS and it was such fun!
Old 08-27-2012, 03:23 PM   #4269
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by smriti View Post
Diane, the purses, key chains and necklace are beautiful! If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the hand cream and lip gloss from?
I do not even remember. I think I have mentioned before that I am always on the lookout for items I can use for xmas shows thorughout the entire year. I think the hand creams were at a lingerie place which was closing out. The lip gloss...hmmm... they came in a pack of two ... maybe Target or Big Lots??
I always try the products and/or check expiry dates. The cream is so yummy gorgeous and smooth. I really lucked out.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:31 PM   #4270

Quote:
I do not even remember. I think I have mentioned before that I am always on the lookout for items I can use for xmas shows thorughout the entire year. I think the hand creams were at a lingerie place which was closing out. The lip gloss...hmmm... they came in a pack of two ... maybe Target or Big Lots??
I always try the products and/or check expiry dates. The cream is so yummy gorgeous and smooth. I really lucked out.
Diane what do you charge for the purse with lip or hand stuff in them?
Old 08-27-2012, 07:09 PM   #4271

Quote:
Diane what do you charge for the purse with lip or hand stuff in them?
nevermind, I just read your FB page again and I see it - $3.00

I swear, y'all must think I'm such a ditz!!
Old 08-28-2012, 08:16 AM   #4272
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Thanks for the info Diane!
Old 08-28-2012, 08:17 AM   #4273
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
nevermind, I just read your FB page again and I see it - $3.00

I swear, y'all must think I'm such a ditz!!
Don't worry it happens to me all the time! Especially when I'm outside and looking for some landmark, finally I would get tired of looking around and ask somebody and it would turn out to be right in front of me!
Old 08-29-2012, 02:27 PM   #4274
Forum Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to stampinot
Default Anyone live near Crystal Lake,IL

that would love to do a craft show with me?
Thanks
Julie
Old 09-03-2012, 06:55 AM   #4275
Polyshrink Goddess

Well....I havent crafted much. We went away on a camping trip, the first trip we've gone to in 5 and a half years. Came home to find our kitty very sick. She died on Friday morning.The kids were pretty upset. Went to church yesterday and the Pastor gave my daughter a book about losing a pet. It's been tough. Tomorrow it's back to school for the kids. Not sure if I go back tomorrow or Wednesday, won't know until about 10 am tomorrow. Not very excited to be going back...but that's another story. Im up to 4 craft shows now, 1 in Sept, and 3 (2 are 2 day sales) in November. I have a good amount done, just gotta get more done! On the up side, a friend took me to a place by her that sells paper products. I got 1100 bags of varying sizes for under $20!!!! (prior I was getting 100 bags for $3.99 at the big box stores) I got 3 sizes of bags for purchases, and 2 sizes for items to be displayed in! So now I am going through and putting items I've made in them and adding toppers.
I dont know what their shipping prices are, but if you are in the Lancaster, PA area check them out B&G Paper Products (in New Holland, PA) or here's their website:
B & G Paper Products Lancater County Pennsylvania 717-354-4658.
Well I better get moving and get something done today!!!!
Old 09-03-2012, 08:03 AM   #4276
Glitter Queen

Gina - I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. Hugs to you and the kids.

Great score on the paper bags!! And 4 craft shows?? Wow! I am driving myself nuts getting ready for 1. I don't think I could even think about getting ready for 4 shows.

Jaime
Old 09-03-2012, 10:33 AM   #4277
Rubber Obsessor

Gina-great place for the bags but the shipping is a bit over the top--wish Ilived closer!!!

So sorry to hear about Kitty. Hugs to all of you
Old 09-03-2012, 11:48 AM   #4278
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mheartm View Post
I looked on Oriental Trading this am and did't see anything under "vinyl checkbook covers". I did a google and found several listings. Also for Pocket calendars. The min. order for the places I saw was 50 but maybe you can find someone to share or have a few years worth. Hugs...B.
If you're still looking for vinyl checkbook covers, here's you go:

Checkbook Covers

They sell vinyl bookmark sleeves too, among other things!
Old 09-03-2012, 12:29 PM   #4279
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks ladies.
Jamie, I am taking it one show at a time! LOL
Old 09-03-2012, 12:29 PM   #4280
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancystamps View Post
If you're still looking for vinyl checkbook covers, here's you go:

Checkbook Covers

They sell vinyl bookmark sleeves too, among other things!
I was looking for these...thanks for the link!!!