Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-13-2012, 03:27 PM   #4201
Glitter Queen

Super cute pencil pouches! I love how you crimped the bottom. I made the boxes last year and boy that was alot of work. I have stocked up on Christmas pencils and erasers for this years craft show!

A quick question: What is the best glue for putting magnets on the back of the gems? I used hot glue, but am wondering if that is the best option? Don't want them to come off!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-13-2012, 05:50 PM   #4202
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdesigns View Post
Super cute pencil pouches! I love how you crimped the bottom. I made the boxes last year and boy that was alot of work. I have stocked up on Christmas pencils and erasers for this years craft show!

A quick question: What is the best glue for putting magnets on the back of the gems? I used hot glue, but am wondering if that is the best option? Don't want them to come off!!
i use E6000 on mine

"I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process.
- - Vincent van Gogh
Old 08-13-2012, 08:24 PM   #4203
Glitter Queen

Thank you Diane! I appreciate the help.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:42 PM   #4204
FiP
Rubber Obsessor

I've always used Glossy Accents to adhere the image to the glass pebble and to adhere the magnet to the image. Just a large drop works for me!
Old 08-13-2012, 11:39 PM   #4205
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

I use tacky glue to glue images to glass and to adhere magnets for mini sizes.
For the 1 1/4" or larger, I use E6000 because I am using the neo super strong magnets. If I don't use this, then they come off sometimes. That was a learning curve.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:52 AM   #4206
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
Thanks for the feedback.
The images are stamps which are coloured, then scanned into digital images, then resized. It does take alot of work. I do give credit to the company the stamp is from though for the images (on packaging usually).

Hope that helps.
That is a LOT of work and it shows! No wonder your images are so cute and perfectly sized!
Old 08-14-2012, 08:17 AM   #4207
Compulsive Stamper

would like bulk buy info, thanks

amatney@cox.net
Old 08-14-2012, 09:02 AM   #4208
Cardstock Collector

subbing
Old 08-14-2012, 01:06 PM   #4209
Die Cut Diva

Diane, your magnets and pencil boxes are adorable. I've made the pencil boxes and I really like how yours turned out and looks like an easier process.

Very very cute!
Old 08-15-2012, 11:26 AM   #4210
AOK
Rubber Obsessor

Hello, hello, hello there.

It is so good to be back here with the nicest bunch of crafters and craft fair sellers. Thank you all so very much for keeping these threads so prominent in the forum. They are my main sources of inspiration and help as I prepare for the Christmas fairs. I am sure it will take me a couple of days to catch up on all your posts. This year I hope to participate, post where possible and enjoy all the fun and inspiration to be found here.

Thanks again,
Anne

My Blog :http://aokspaperstuff.blogspot.com/
Old 08-15-2012, 01:55 PM   #4211
Inking Addict

Default My very first fair...

I will be doing my very first fair, Its the first Saturday in December in a small town hosted by the Lions Club. Booth pricing is reasonable and I've loved this thread for some ideas. I think I'll be doing cards, gift card holders, chipboard albums, nugget boxes of some type, calendars and what else would you recommend? I have no idea on pricing, but fortunately will go to our county fair in September and hopefully get pricing ideas and display ideas too.

Here is one of my main questions--Do you take debit/credit cards and if so--how? I know there is a new app for the iphone called Squared--it charges 2.75% of the transaction for a fee....not sure if it's worth trying or if it's more of a headache than help.

If you have links to your blogs for inspiration, please let me know..there's over 106 pages in this thread lots to look at.

Thanks.
Dawn
Old 08-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #4212
Embossing Fanatic

I am trying to find the instructions for the ornament on the front of the su holiday cat.
I saw a video here or maybe on youtube. I thought I had saved it but, it appears that I didn't. It was identical. Can anyone out there help me? Thanks...B.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:29 PM   #4213
AOK
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mheartm View Post
I am trying to find the instructions for the ornament on the front of the su holiday cat.
I saw a video here or maybe on youtube. I thought I had saved it but, it appears that I didn't. It was identical. Can anyone out there help me? Thanks...B.
Is this the one you were looking for ?
Holiday Catalog Ornament - Chic' n Scratch Live!

I love this lady's work. Her videos are great fun. Enjoy!

My Blog :http://aokspaperstuff.blogspot.com/
Old 08-15-2012, 02:32 PM   #4214
Matboard Maniac

Here is one by FrenchieStamps.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:00 PM   #4215
Glitter Queen

Thank you ladies for the adhesive suggestions. I have my sample magnets on the fridge for a test run!
Jaime
Old 08-15-2012, 07:10 PM   #4216
Polyshrink Goddess

I've been working on Christmas Planners made from Comp. Books. I also took a little break and used up some scraps to make mini comp and mini spiral notebooks. I signed up for a sale the end of September, so I am trying to keep busy!!!
I also allowed my glass magnets to "cure" for a few days and tomorrow I will be bagging them up. I used some scraps of cardstock for the pieces to glue the washers on. So I not only have some colorful packaging, but I can use some more scraps for that too!!
Old 08-15-2012, 07:16 PM   #4217
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
I have learned to just make the xmas crafts anyhow for the fall sales. Here in Canada, people do not buy Thanksgiving or Halloween stuff (in my experience anyhow). People will buy the non-food xmas items.

I think I am going to do stuff that is both "everyday" and Christmas things. I did have a few requests last year for Thanksgiving items, like for centerpieces and stuff. I had made little boxes/bags with the Fancy Favor die and filled them with candy. A numper of people asked if I had them in Thanksgiving colors. I am not going to go overboard with Fall things, but I may do a few items. And all 4 of my sales are before Thanksgiving, so who knows?
Old 08-15-2012, 07:19 PM   #4218
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh DianeCraft...I forgot to say, I like your wash holder for your magnets. I was using small washers, I think they are size 10? I got them at WM 33/$0.97. I just glued the washers down tonight using Tombow liquid glue in the blue bottle. So we'll see how they work.

What adhesive did you use to glue your washer to your cardstock??
Old 08-15-2012, 10:08 PM   #4219
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristlin View Post
I will be doing my very first fair, Its the first Saturday in December in a small town hosted by the Lions Club. Booth pricing is reasonable and I've loved this thread for some ideas. I think I'll be doing cards, gift card holders, chipboard albums, nugget boxes of some type, calendars and what else would you recommend? I have no idea on pricing, but fortunately will go to our county fair in September and hopefully get pricing ideas and display ideas too.

Here is one of my main questions--Do you take debit/credit cards and if so--how? I know there is a new app for the iphone called Squared--it charges 2.75% of the transaction for a fee....not sure if it's worth trying or if it's more of a headache than help.

If you have links to your blogs for inspiration, please let me know..there's over 106 pages in this thread lots to look at.

Thanks.
Dawn
Are you bringing your laptop or tablet? Is there wifi there or do you have your own hotspot? You can do paypal or propay, in order to take credit cards. You can also make your own credit card forms and take the info home and run it that night. Hope this helps, Good Luck...can you post pictures after your done? This is something I have always wanted to do, too.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:11 PM   #4220
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mheartm View Post

Here is also one by Linda Heller, where she used DSP for anyone who didn't want to do all the stamping and wanted an easier, faster way.

Candlelight Christmas Paper Ornament - YouTube
Old 08-15-2012, 10:41 PM   #4221
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampinot View Post
Does anyone know where you can buy colored jelly beans for cheap so I can use for my crafts? I was wanting to fill a glass jar with green jelly beans, but they are so expensive!

Hi, what about a bulk candy store, like in a mall, or a supermarket like whole foods that sells bulk candy. if you don't mind the other colors, I know dollar tree has the packages of jelly bellies. hope this helps
Old 08-15-2012, 10:46 PM   #4222
Inking Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharnette View Post
Are you bringing your laptop or tablet? Is there wifi there or do you have your own hotspot? You can do paypal or propay, in order to take credit cards. You can also make your own credit card forms and take the info home and run it that night. Hope this helps, Good Luck...can you post pictures after your done? This is something I have always wanted to do, too.
I have an iphone so it would work with square, I will need to see how to do it with paypal as I do have an account set up there. I just have never sold anything I make, I always give it away. Going to try to start working smarter not harder!

Yes, I'll try and post after I'm all done! Thanks for the help.
Dawn
Old 08-16-2012, 10:28 PM   #4223
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRKIDDO View Post
Oh DianeCraft...I forgot to say, I like your wash holder for your magnets. I was using small washers, I think they are size 10? I got them at WM 33/$0.97. I just glued the washers down tonight using Tombow liquid glue in the blue bottle. So we'll see how they work.

What adhesive did you use to glue your washer to your cardstock??
Sounds like you got a good deal. I picked the super-large washers. Can't remember the size, but bought a box of 100 for 19 cents each.
I adhere them to cardstock with my ATG. I use that darned gun for almost everything. It sticks sooo well, and no drying time to deal with.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:32 PM   #4224
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Thanks.
Dawn
I take cash only. Sometimes I think about trying to take debit, but then don't bother. Those who ask me about credit cards are very few. I just don't think it is worth it.

I have taken the occasional cheque. I don't do it often, but will when it "feels" safe. I always ask for ID and write it down on the back of the cheque (like we used to in stores many years ago when I was young!).
If people are really humming and hawing about it, I will offer to take 1/2 payment now and set the items aside for pick-up the next day, or we arrange a delivery spot.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:18 AM   #4225
Crimping Master

Default credit cards

Last year was the first time I accepted credit cards. I have the square and it was so worth it. The only down side is that if you say you accept cards, you can't set a minimum purchase, so they can charge a $2.00 item if they want too, but that seems to be the exception rather than the rule.
I put a little sign on my table showing what cards I took. I had a woman ask if I took cards and I said yes, she said oh good cause I only have $8.00 left in my purse...she spent $84.00 at my table. I think people tend to spend more when they can charge things. Since the square is free, and the set up is free, no monthly charges- I say why not?

Quote:

Thanks.
Dawn
Old 08-17-2012, 04:31 AM   #4226
Pearl-ExPert

I know a number of you are looking for wholesale candy. I buy at CostCo or BJ's when I can, but if I'm looking for something out-of-season (like Jelly Beans in the July or Christmas Peeps in Oct) I order from Blair Candy.http://www.blaircandy.com/ Excellent service, quick shipping and good products. Nothing with short expiration dates. Check them out.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:53 AM   #4227
Embossing Fanatic

Talking

Quote:

Thanks.
Dawn
I have had one since last year but never had used it...I figure even for a $1.00 purchase I'm losing $0.03 - it's still worth it to me for the exposure and really most of my things that are priced that low are very small and were made with scraps that are already figured in the pricing for other projects. It's free to sign up, free to hold on to, and no fees unless I charge something to it. Why not have it? It can't hurt should that 1 person ask to use their debit/credit card? The only problem I forsee is that some of my vendor events are in the valleys of TN where there is absolutely no cell coverage unless you stand in the middle of the street on one foot with one finger on your nose and the other on your elbow....

I'm still waiting to find someone that "owes" me money so when I ask them and they say "I don't have any cash" I can tell them I take plastic! Unfortunately I don't think anyone owes me money since I haven't had any extra to loan lately!

Old 08-17-2012, 06:58 AM   #4228
Embossing Fanatic

Default glueing on magnets

Quote:
I use tacky glue to glue images to glass and to adhere magnets for mini sizes.
For the 1 1/4" or larger, I use E6000 because I am using the neo super strong magnets. If I don't use this, then they come off sometimes. That was a learning curve.
I don't have e6000 but do have crystal effects from SU. Has anyone used crystal effects for their magnets? I just ordered some 1" domed glass fragments and the super strong magnets from a bulk buy and thought I was going to use crystal effects but now I'm wondering if I should buy some e6000.

I looked at e6000 on Michaels website and noticed that it said to let it cure for 10 minutes before bringing surfaces together....is that true? I'm afraid to leave a bunch of magnets on the table with sticky fingers (aka 16 mo baby) and hairy kitty - not to mention the strength of the magnets! I know they like to "find" each other and slide across the table.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:59 AM   #4229
Embossing Fanatic

Default magnets

Quote:
Thank you ladies for the adhesive suggestions. I have my sample magnets on the fridge for a test run!
Jaime
Jamie - Please let us know what works and doesn't!

Old 08-17-2012, 07:04 AM   #4230
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharnette View Post
I don't think the square app will work on a laptop. Tablets and phones can easily download the software but I don't think they have released software to be used with the laptops yet, but I haven't looked at their website lately.

Old 08-17-2012, 09:02 AM   #4231
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyscrapmom View Post
I have had one since last year but never had used it...I figure even for a $1.00 purchase I'm losing $0.03 - it's still worth it to me for the exposure and really most of my things that are priced that low are very small and were made with scraps that are already figured in the pricing for other projects. It's free to sign up, free to hold on to, and no fees unless I charge something to it. Why not have it? It can't hurt should that 1 person ask to use their debit/credit card? The only problem I forsee is that some of my vendor events are in the valleys of TN where there is absolutely no cell coverage unless you stand in the middle of the street on one foot with one finger on your nose and the other on your elbow....

I'm still waiting to find someone that "owes" me money so when I ask them and they say "I don't have any cash" I can tell them I take plastic! Unfortunately I don't think anyone owes me money since I haven't had any extra to loan lately!
I have been considering it as well. My problem at the moment now is that my phone is always saying it's out of memory. Which it's not...but anyway...I am supposed to get a new phone in October I believe, and I will get it then. So much safer then taking checks!
Old 08-17-2012, 09:21 AM   #4232
Embossing Fanatic

Gina -

I had that problem too, only my memory WAS low...lots of fun apps to download takes up lots of space. Then I got a new phone a couple of months ago and have TONS of memory compared to before! Of course that means I have room for even MORE fun apps - fortunately I have a Kindle Fire too so anything I download to my phone I can also download to my Kindle, but I only install the games that I play on my phone and the others ones the kids play go on my kindle!

Old 08-17-2012, 04:12 PM   #4233
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Sounds like you got a good deal. I picked the super-large washers. Can't remember the size, but bought a box of 100 for 19 cents each.
I adhere them to cardstock with my ATG. I use that darned gun for almost everything. It sticks sooo well, and no drying time to deal with.
Oh okay thanks!
Old 08-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #4234
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyscrapmom View Post
Gina -

I had that problem too, only my memory WAS low...lots of fun apps to download takes up lots of space. Then I got a new phone a couple of months ago and have TONS of memory compared to before! Of course that means I have room for even MORE fun apps - fortunately I have a Kindle Fire too so anything I download to my phone I can also download to my Kindle, but I only install the games that I play on my phone and the others ones the kids play go on my kindle!
No mine isn't low....it's just stupid. I dont have ANY apps on there. We deleted them all. I get a lot of messages saying my texts are full so it rejects incoming messages, yet there are NO texts! I delete my call logs, etc and it doesn't help. Hubby says that Verizon said you can reset everything and it wont happen anymore. But then I lose all my contacts too. No thanks! So I just curse it out and deal with it for now.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:17 PM   #4235
Polyshrink Goddess

Okay Question......For those of you altering Composition books, both large and mini. Do you put sentiments on them? If so what do you put on them. I have done "Notes", "Dreams" in the past, but looking for something else. So any ideas would be great!
Old 08-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #4236
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
No mine isn't low....it's just stupid. I dont have ANY apps on there. We deleted them all. I get a lot of messages saying my texts are full so it rejects incoming messages, yet there are NO texts! I delete my call logs, etc and it doesn't help. Hubby says that Verizon said you can reset everything and it wont happen anymore. But then I lose all my contacts too. No thanks! So I just curse it out and deal with it for now.
If you have a droid phone all your contacts synced with your google account. Otherwise verizon has a backup assistant and i think its free or they can transferer your contacts for you. Im assuming taking the battery out doesnt fix it. At least you only have a couple months left!

Old 08-17-2012, 04:36 PM   #4237
Embossing Fanatic

If you Google "altered composition images" there are lots of samples but most have no sentiments other than "notes", a name, or a large embellished initial. Depending on how busy your tables are or if you can bring help (and your big shot) you might have some personalized samples but offer to personalize their item on the spot.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:02 PM   #4238
Inking Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrussom View Post
That above comment was made in response to something Tat2Girl posted - I guess I quoted a quoted comment - ha!

So a question on the little calendars that one may buy (instead of make themselves) that are glued at the top. I think I'm going to buy ones this year just cause they are put together, glued and I don't have to do it. I found some on Stamp on This, and they didn't have the 'red' marked dates on them - they were black with holidays greyed in or not greyed in at all, you got to choose. The other site mentioned here (was it skybluepink cause I'm getting all confused at what I am finding for coasters and calendars but I think that's right) has the red holidays and Sundays? Can't remember but I think the month and some dates are in red. And I didn't see an option to not get red.

So does the red bug you if you buy these. Like if the paper you are using isn't red, does it 'clash' a bit?

The skybluepink site is cheaper than the other site, but I'm thinking I don't want red.

Anyone think about this (as much as I appear to be thinking about it apparently!).
Hi Mary:

I have used the ones from skybluepink for 5-6 years, and I use them with all kinds of paper, and have sold tons! Noone has ever said anything about it, so I don't know that they are paying too much attention to that. I think it will be fine!!

Maria
Old 08-17-2012, 05:07 PM   #4239
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Okay Question......For those of you altering Composition books, both large and mini. Do you put sentiments on them? If so what do you put on them. I have done "Notes", "Dreams" in the past, but looking for something else. So any ideas would be great!
I was reading my blog subscriptions in Google Reader and came across this beauty! STAMPING YEAR ROUND: BACK TO SCHOOL AND COMPOSITION BOOKS

Old 08-17-2012, 05:11 PM   #4240
Inking Addict

Quote:

I use Crystal Effects for all of my magnet steps!

Good luck!
Maria