Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-04-2012, 05:37 AM   #4161
Inking Addict

I looked on Oriental Trading this am and did't see anything under "vinyl checkbook covers". I did a google and found several listings. Also for Pocket calendars. The min. order for the places I saw was 50 but maybe you can find someone to share or have a few years worth. Hugs...B.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-04-2012, 06:46 AM   #4162
Die Cut Diva

Yeah, I checked Oriental Trading company right after I typed that and didn't see any either. I thought that they did though. Maybe before...

I'll keep my eyes out too.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #4163
Pearl-ExPert

For my calendars where each month is on its own page, I use the template that CAT on this site does for free. They cut nicely and are pretty close to the same size.

But my problem with those is when I need to stack them - my printer just doesn't print it out right to get them the exact same size (and my cutting too).

Thanks for the site for the 2013 download to buy though. I like that font and the way it looks, it looks like it will cut perfect for stacking. I think i'm going to give that a shot. I was going to order calendars from Taylored Expression as they were all black/grey/white and cheaper than Stamp on This, but they are out of stock (go figure!). I'll let you all know if those print/cut out nicely if you want.

And Stamp on This does have checkbook covers, $1.05 each - they are sold out of the non-duplicate type check covers. I don't know if that's a big deal or not I use duplicates because I never write down where I write a check and no way can I remember later!

I'm working on trivets and tile magets today. Anyone crafting??

MY GALLERY
Old 08-06-2012, 05:43 PM   #4164
Forum Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to stampinot
Default BOTTLECAP zipper pull

I am looking for ideas on a way to display or package these to sell them at a craft show. Does anyone have any good ideas on ways to do that?
Thanks
Old 08-06-2012, 09:55 PM   #4165
FiP
Rubber Obsessor

Just googled these to see what they look like - there's a variety, but in common they all must have a ring or similar opening to hook onto the zipper. I would probably punch 2 small holes in a piece of cardstock and hook the "ring" through the holes (if possible), then put that into a cello bag with a topper.

Alternatively, you could attach one to a zipper for display, and just have the rest bagged up.

I'm into bottlecaps, so I may have to consider this idea for my stalls!!
Old 08-06-2012, 10:39 PM   #4166
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRKIDDO View Post
I have some Stampin' Up bags left over from my customer orders, so I use those, but I also use store bags.
I like the idea though of buying paper bags and decorating them! I know the $ store sells brown bags, but I have also seen them in white, just not sure where.

I think it is important to also say to be sure to sign your items! I got a call from one of my customers that bought some items from me at a sale. My name is on the items (SU'S Angel Policy) and she didnt know how to find me. A friend told her to look me up on Stampin' Up's website. That's how she found me. This year I think I am going to print up some inexpensive Business cards and stick one in each person's bag.
I also use my SU bags. I think if you are going to decorate gift bags- sell them instead! Vistaprint is the way to go! I bought 500 cards for less than $10 - 2 styles - one of them premium. Next time i order i will have something printed on the back - like a coupon on next purchase or discount in class fees. I think i will make a bunch of 3x3 cards - nothing fancy - with a handwritten "thank you for your purchase" message of some kind. I will prestuff my bags ( a few at a time) with my business card, thank you, and upcoming classes/events.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:55 PM   #4167
Embossing Fanatic

I actually hot glued some clothespins to the 2x2 tile that i stamped on and Decorated with ribbon. Then the clip can be used to hold pics, recipes, notes, etc...

Old 08-06-2012, 11:22 PM   #4168
Embossing Fanatic

Default bulk buy supplies

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrussom View Post
For my calendars where each month is on its own page, I use the template that CAT on this site does for free. They cut nicely and are pretty close to the same size.

But my problem with those is when I need to stack them - my printer just doesn't print it out right to get them the exact same size (and my cutting too).

Thanks for the site for the 2013 download to buy though. I like that font and the way it looks, it looks like it will cut perfect for stacking. I think i'm going to give that a shot. I was going to order calendars from Taylored Expression as they were all black/grey/white and cheaper than Stamp on This, but they are out of stock (go figure!). I'll let you all know if those print/cut out nicely if you want.

And Stamp on This does have checkbook covers, $1.05 each - they are sold out of the non-duplicate type check covers. I don't know if that's a big deal or not I use duplicates because I never write down where I write a check and no way can I remember later!

I'm working on trivets and tile magets today. Anyone crafting??
Im part of a group on yahoo that participates in a bulk buy 1-2 times each month. Currently we are offering coasters, calendars, and misc accoutrements. If anyone is interested i will post the info. Its free to join, you dont have to place an order each time a bulk buy is offered and you can purchase as low as 1 qty if you like. I think there are close to 1000 members so we get some pretty good deals!

Old 08-07-2012, 04:09 AM   #4169
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyscrapmom View Post
Im part of a group on yahoo that participates in a bulk buy 1-2 times each month. Currently we are offering coasters, calendars, and misc accoutrements. If anyone is interested i will post the info. Its free to join, you dont have to place an order each time a bulk buy is offered and you can purchase as low as 1 qty if you like. I think there are close to 1000 members so we get some pretty good deals!
Can you post the name of the group? I would love to check it out!
Old 08-07-2012, 04:43 AM   #4170
Kookie Creator

I would also like this info, my email is lkorp02@yahoo.com. Thanks
Old 08-07-2012, 05:50 AM   #4171
Pearl-ExPert

So I had a minor crafting disaster this weekend. I was crafting all weekend, avoiding house cleaning. I got coasters done, trivets, more tile magnets, and figured out a couple of tags I will make for sales.

So I got my trivets done, used some cute designer paper, did two 'kitchen' looking and two 'Christmas' looking. Mod Podges the paper on, sealed it with it too. Decided to spray seal on top of that.

Got out my 'spray sealer' read the can three times, sprayed, noticed it was kind of white but didn't really think much about it. Then realized (after it dried) that I used white spray paint that had a sealer in it. I guess I just read sealer and thought I was all done.

So I had to use a bit of mineral spirits to get the paint off and it worked. At least I didn't ruin the tiles. I do this all the time, get really crafting and stop paying attention to the details of things.

I actually kind of liked the white affect on the tiles, but it was too white. Had I not sprayed it over and over and over again, it probably woudl have worked with the white on!

Oh well, it all worked out in the end I guess.

Mary

MY GALLERY
Old 08-07-2012, 08:14 AM   #4172
Polyshrink Goddess

tryingto get my craft room in order after the carnival party. How does it get so messy in here???
Heard the perfect quote once:
"I'm creative, you can't exect me to be neat too!"

Off to get some cleaning done!
Old 08-07-2012, 09:42 AM   #4173
Glitter Queen

I am a long time lurker and have gotten some wonderful ideas from reading here. Thank you to everyone that shares.

Wanted to share that staples has some great items on sale this week!!

12 pack of staples stickies - $5.00
2 pack mini composition books (4.5 X 3.25) 25 cents limit 2
small lined writing pads (3.5 X 5.25) 3 in a pack for a $1.00 Thought these would be good for a version of the "skinny" notepads or to make decorative notepads for the fridge? These are white, but they also had them in yellow.

Hope this helps!
Jaime
Old 08-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #4174
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via AIM to NancyL2648

Yes, please post. I would be interested in some calendars.

Quote:

Old 08-07-2012, 01:15 PM   #4175
Pearl-ExPert

I have my daughter running to Staples for me this week! I don't have one near me.

Walgreens has the mini comp books on sale too this week, I think its 6 for $1 - but there was no limit posted and no coupon needed.

MY GALLERY
Old 08-07-2012, 01:44 PM   #4176
Swapper of the Month - June 2013

You can only get the first 6 at Walgrens for the 6/$1.00. I just made family go with me. I also needed pictures printed so I bought when I ordered and when I picked up.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:14 PM   #4177
Pearl-ExPert

I asked at my Walgreens if there was a limit, the ad didn't limit so he let me get what I wanted, which was only $3 worth - I have lots from two weeks ago when they had the coupon deal. I guess it depends on the Walgreens and maybe if you ask? Otherwise we could stand outside Walgreens and ask people if they would go inside and buy them for us!

MY GALLERY
Old 08-08-2012, 03:23 AM   #4178
Glitter Queen

I would love the name of the group also please!
Old 08-08-2012, 04:55 AM   #4179
Forum Fanatic

Default craft show display samples

Can anyone provide some links so I can get some ideas for our fundraiser for cheerleading? I am going to sell some of my stuff for this.
Thanks
Old 08-08-2012, 06:50 AM   #4180
Die Cut Diva

I would love to see the group purchase link as well.

If it hasn't been mentioned yet, Walmart now has the regular size comp books for 50 cents each. I just had DS1 buy me 10. I probably should have bought more so I may go back later.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:16 AM   #4181
Embossing Fanatic

Default Bulk Buy Group

Anyone that's asked for the bulk buy group - I have sent you a private message. I was told it could possibly be against the terms of service to publish the info publicly. I have sent a message to the mods to clarify.

I'm not sure if it is because I'm not selling you anything and there are no purchase requirements or fees to join. The person that manages the bulk buy uses the same materials for her crafting stuff and uses the profits to fund her animal rescue - so the better price she can get, the more profit she has for her rescue. I look at it as a source of sale info, much like telling you about Staples, Michaels, or Lowes special sale prices - but until I hear from the mods I will share this info privately if you would like it.

Have a great day!

Old 08-08-2012, 10:44 AM   #4182
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Anyone that's asked for the bulk buy group - I have sent you a private message. I was told it could possibly be against the terms of service to publish the info publicly. I have sent a message to the mods to clarify.

I'm not sure if it is because I'm not selling you anything and there are no purchase requirements or fees to join. The person that manages the bulk buy uses the same materials for her crafting stuff and uses the profits to fund her animal rescue - so the better price she can get, the more profit she has for her rescue. I look at it as a source of sale info, much like telling you about Staples, Michaels, or Lowes special sale prices - but until I hear from the mods I will share this info privately if you would like it.

Have a great day!
I know. It is kind of strange. We are allowed to share where we can get good deals, or where we buy our supplies, but cannot share if people are looking for something, and we actually sell it ourselves. I thought about that when I posted that I was thinking of making my own mini calendar pads through a printing company. After I posted it, I realized, ...if I do get them made, I can't even share it, because it would be me selling my own stuff! lol

I would love the link to the group sales contact please. My email is Diane1995@shaw.ca.
Thanks
Old 08-08-2012, 10:46 AM   #4183
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
So I had a minor crafting disaster this weekend. I was crafting all weekend, avoiding house cleaning. I got coasters done, trivets, more tile magnets, and figured out a couple of tags I will make for sales.

So I got my trivets done, used some cute designer paper, did two 'kitchen' looking and two 'Christmas' looking. Mod Podges the paper on, sealed it with it too. Decided to spray seal on top of that.

Got out my 'spray sealer' read the can three times, sprayed, noticed it was kind of white but didn't really think much about it. Then realized (after it dried) that I used white spray paint that had a sealer in it. I guess I just read sealer and thought I was all done.

So I had to use a bit of mineral spirits to get the paint off and it worked. At least I didn't ruin the tiles. I do this all the time, get really crafting and stop paying attention to the details of things.

I actually kind of liked the white affect on the tiles, but it was too white. Had I not sprayed it over and over and over again, it probably woudl have worked with the white on!

Oh well, it all worked out in the end I guess.

Mary
Mary,
You gave me a good giggle!!! I sometimes do that when I am packaging items while watching a movie. I will seal them all up and realize I didn't put my contact info sticker on the back and INSIDE the packaging!
Old 08-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #4184
Polyshrink Goddess

I just got invited to a craft show for the end of September. I do have a good amount of items which are not Holiday specific that I made previously, so I may go ahead and do it. I have never done one this early in the year, so I will have to think of some more ideas for items.
Right now I am working on the planners made from manilla envelopes. They are a lot of work! If you dont get the folds juuuuuusssst right, it throws it all off. That's the part that gets on my nerves. Another problem is finding papers that go well together. I have a lot of papers, but not neccessarily ones that match. I dont have a lot of SU papers, and we dont have LSSs so I have to work with what I have!
Back to work!!!!!!!!

PS Indyscrapmom, I may also be interested in part of the bulk buy!
Old 08-08-2012, 02:58 PM   #4185
Pearl-ExPert

Diane - I do it all the time when I'm mailing out things too - like bills or letters at work. I start doubting myself and have to tear open the envelopes to make sure (and they usually are right). I think I have a bit of OCD at times. But not about cleaning, I don't have it for that at all.

I really like those planners out of folders but you are right, if the fold is off by just a tiny tiny bit, it won't work right. So I gave up on them. I did sell a lot at the first sale I did but I won't do them again.

Mike's has pads of papers (and with a coupon they are not too expensive) and they all match or go together. But that is one of the reasons I like buying things from SU (and I'm a demo too so I get the discount) but it matches and I don't have to look for colors to go with things. It seems like colors are off enough that you can't make one company's match another's. Not that I think they are conspiring on any of this!

Anyone looking for the little rip off calendars (glued at the top) Taylored Expressions has them back in stock. They are 10 for $2.5 plus shipping. I was going to order off the ebay site someone posted here, and make my own, but she specifically says its for personal use, not for one to use on objects they are selling, so I didn't order the download. Plus, I just want to grab a pad and stick it on something and not have to make them this year.

MY GALLERY
Old 08-09-2012, 11:02 AM   #4186
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Diane - I do it all the time when I'm mailing out things too - like bills or letters at work. I start doubting myself and have to tear open the envelopes to make sure (and they usually are right). I think I have a bit of OCD at times. But not about cleaning, I don't have it for that at all.

I really like those planners out of folders but you are right, if the fold is off by just a tiny tiny bit, it won't work right. So I gave up on them. I did sell a lot at the first sale I did but I won't do them again.

Mike's has pads of papers (and with a coupon they are not too expensive) and they all match or go together. But that is one of the reasons I like buying things from SU (and I'm a demo too so I get the discount) but it matches and I don't have to look for colors to go with things. It seems like colors are off enough that you can't make one company's match another's. Not that I think they are conspiring on any of this!

Anyone looking for the little rip off calendars (glued at the top) Taylored Expressions has them back in stock. They are 10 for $2.5 plus shipping. I was going to order off the ebay site someone posted here, and make my own, but she specifically says its for personal use, not for one to use on objects they are selling, so I didn't order the download. Plus, I just want to grab a pad and stick it on something and not have to make them this year.
I too am a Demo...but I am not that "into" some of the papers...I miss Cottage Wall!!! I do have some of those stacks too. Which is what I have been using.
Did you do all Christmas planners at your sale???
A friend pointed out the "for personal use" on the calendars. I hadn't seen it. My hubby is going to see if he can figure out how to do it for me.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:03 AM   #4187
Polyshrink Goddess

Now I am trying to find more Fall crafts since I am going to be doing this Sept sale....I've never done other then a Christmas time sale...
Old 08-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #4188
Polyshrink Goddess

bump
Old 08-11-2012, 10:25 PM   #4189
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRKIDDO View Post
Now I am trying to find more Fall crafts since I am going to be doing this Sept sale....I've never done other then a Christmas time sale...
I have learned to just make the xmas crafts anyhow for the fall sales. Here in Canada, people do not buy Thanksgiving or Halloween stuff (in my experience anyhow). People will buy the non-food xmas items.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:16 AM   #4190
Forum Fanatic

Default buying jelly beans for crafts

Does anyone know where you can buy colored jelly beans for cheap so I can use for my crafts? I was wanting to fill a glass jar with green jelly beans, but they are so expensive!
Old 08-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #4191
Insane Embellisher

Default my 2012 mini magnet sets

I have been working hard on craft fair goodies. Thought I would share some pics of the mini magnet sets. These stay put on a metal washer (large size), which I adhere to the paper. I made over 100 sets, and these are just some of the designs. I sell them for $4 per set.
I have more items but will upload separately.

I am going to be uploading all of them to my facebook page but tonight, facebook was not cooperating with my upload attempts.
Attached Thumbnails
2012-mini-magnet-sets-2-.jpg   2012-mini-magnet-sets-7-.jpg   2012-mini-magnet-sets-12-.jpg   2012-mini-magnet-sets-18-.jpg  
Old 08-12-2012, 10:45 PM   #4192
Insane Embellisher

Default my pencil pouches

This is the first time I made these. I started with a plan to make the pencil boxes I have seen before on this site but I didn't like the way the pencils shifted in the box (have I mentioned how crazy perfectionist I am??!). So, I created a pouch instead. I used my paper crimping tool for the bottom.

These are my girl designs. I have some boy pencils also, but haven't made those ones yet. In the close-up, you can see I added an eraser inserted into the front of the pouch.
Hope you like them.
Attached Thumbnails
girl-pencil-sets-6-.jpg   girl-pencil-sets-10-.jpg   girl-pencil-sets-9-.jpg  
Old 08-12-2012, 11:28 PM   #4193
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
I have been working hard on craft fair goodies. Thought I would share some pics of the mini magnet sets. These stay put on a metal washer (large size), which I adhere to the paper. I made over 100 sets, and these are just some of the designs. I sell them for $4 per set.
I have more items but will upload separately.

I am going to be uploading all of them to my facebook page but tonight, facebook was not cooperating with my upload attempts.
Are these smaller than 1"?

Old 08-13-2012, 01:44 AM   #4194
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via AIM to DarcyJo

Love your stuff, very nice work. Where do you get the small prints you are using for the magnets?
Old 08-13-2012, 07:26 AM   #4195
Pearl-ExPert

Default magnet sets and pencil pouches

Diane as always your work is so professional and beautiful! Looking at your magnet sets, I'm tempted to make them though I've never made them before and I've a feeling that they're not my cup of tea!

I was also curious about where do you get the small prints for the magnets?
Old 08-13-2012, 09:59 AM   #4196
Compulsive Stamper

Diane, can you also tell us where you get your glass pebbles? I have bought the ones from HL in the floral section. I made a few and ended up throwing away the entire batch because they just didn't look good. The image wasn't clear at all
Old 08-13-2012, 10:43 AM   #4197
Insane Embellisher

Thanks for the feedback.
The images are stamps which are coloured, then scanned into digital images, then resized. It does take alot of work. I do give credit to the company the stamp is from though for the images (on packaging usually).

Regarding the glass... that answer is not so easy.
It is floral filler glass. I look everywhere I go to find nice clear glass. These ones are about 1/2 to 3/4 inch in size and were bought from a local dollar store. I have since beeen unable to find more of this size, but I keep looking. I look for my product supplies throughout the year, so that I am not pressured when I start to make something.
The thing I do for clarity is take the glass (through the mesh packaging) and hold it up to other product tags/images to see how it will look. It is not an exact science and often there are several in a package which I have to throw out.
Do not buy the irridescent glass. It will be foggy and images will not be clear.

Hope that helps.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:46 AM   #4198
Insane Embellisher

Oh...and some of the cuter images (like transport vehicles and bugs) are kids clipart. I spend alot of time resizing and checking clarity for glass, then resizing, etc. It is not an easy process but I like it.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #4199
Pearl-ExPert

cute items Diane!

MY GALLERY
Old 08-13-2012, 12:54 PM   #4200
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
This is the first time I made these. I started with a plan to make the pencil boxes I have seen before on this site but I didn't like the way the pencils shifted in the box (have I mentioned how crazy perfectionist I am??!). So, I created a pouch instead. I used my paper crimping tool for the bottom.

These are my girl designs. I have some boy pencils also, but haven't made those ones yet. In the close-up, you can see I added an eraser inserted into the front of the pouch.
Hope you like them.

These are really cute! You have done an excellent job on them!