Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree134Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-24-2012, 10:57 PM   #4121
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAmomof2 View Post
Can you direct me to the ones that you bought? I want to put them on both glass pebbles and decorated clothes pins for the fridge. Any advice on what size to get? Thanks!
I buy the smallest size they have at Sun and Moon. I think it is 3/4 inch. I use these on my 1" and larger glass gems. For the small ones, I usually just buy ceramic magnets at the dollar store. They are so much lighter, and do the trick. I did buy a smaller size on ebay by accident once and they worked well for the smaller ones also.

I have been working on them already for xmas shows. I have 430 on the 1 1/4" size done. That is about half of what I can sell, so still have more to make.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-25-2012, 04:21 AM   #4122
Kookie Creator

Hi all!

I have started working on craft sale items and have posted a few picturesto my blog. Some of the posts are scheduled for a later date but there are two there now.

Thanks to everyone for your ideas, inspiration and support!

My sometimes neglected blog
Old 07-25-2012, 08:46 AM   #4123
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks Arkie on the mini comp book deal!

Does anyone know any source for the big comp books that is kin of everyday low price? I can never lay my hands on them when they'e on deal at Target/any other store - they're always gone before I can be there. So I was wondering if there was a more steady source?
Old 07-25-2012, 11:32 AM   #4124
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeteens View Post
Hi all!

I have started working on craft sale items and have posted a few picturesto my blog. Some of the posts are scheduled for a later date but there are two there now.

Thanks to everyone for your ideas, inspiration and support!
Cute stuff, love the owl kleenex holder!

MY GALLERY
Old 07-25-2012, 11:34 AM   #4125
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
I buy the smallest size they have at Sun and Moon. I think it is 3/4 inch. I use these on my 1" and larger glass gems. For the small ones, I usually just buy ceramic magnets at the dollar store. They are so much lighter, and do the trick. I did buy a smaller size on ebay by accident once and they worked well for the smaller ones also.

I have been working on them already for xmas shows. I have 430 on the 1 1/4" size done. That is about half of what I can sell, so still have more to make.

I've never seen magnets at the dollar stores - are they in crafts or in hardware areas? I had a 25% off coupon at Mike's so I got mine there, they were about the same as the sun and moon site, and no shipping (although maybe you get free shipping if you order enough from that site).

MY GALLERY
Old 07-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #4126
Matboard Maniac

Default Comp Books

Wal-Mart has the large comp books now for .50 each, which is pretty good, because they are regularly .97 each. If you have the store Big Lots, they have large comps on sale right now for .39. Our Big Lots was out of them, so I plan to take their sale ad to Wal-Mart and see if they will price match them!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smriti View Post
Thanks Arkie on the mini comp book deal!

Does anyone know any source for the big comp books that is kind of everyday low price? I can never lay my hands on them when they'e on deal at Target/any other store - they're always gone before I can be there. So I was wondering if there was a more steady source?
Old 07-25-2012, 11:39 AM   #4127
Pearl-ExPert

Target Dollar Spot (man I LOVE that place) has school stuff there - some of you got the dry erase markers there. They also had these little square cork boards, small maybe 2 inches? And I think they are adhesive on the back (or they will be when I'm done with them). I bought some and am going to use them on the acrylic frames, or maybe clip boards or something for my sale.

I saw a cute project on Stampin Connection (SU demo site) where someone had taken a chip board (about 4x6), adhered paper to that, put the little tear off calendar on it and then decorated the top - with owls, boats, whatever, put magnets on them and they were done. I have done them with the 4x4 coasters, but I think I'm going to buy some bigger ones to do these up - they were cute and a bit more 'fancy'. Maybe I can get the cork on them with a push pin or two (all fancied up!). I need to find the bigger coasters, I saw some on Stamp on This - anyone know of any other site that has them? I saw some on Ebay but they weren't very thick, I want a heavier coaster than that. SOT was pretty reasonable though, I thought. They had the 4x4 coasters too.

MY GALLERY
Old 07-25-2012, 03:52 PM   #4128
Matboard Maniac

What is the largest size craft show anyone here has done? So far I've only done the smaller, indoor shows, paying up to $100 for a 2 day show, with attendance at a few hundred people. And I've always recovered my booth fee. Now in October, I have the chance to do a much larger, 2 day show in a major city, at a much larger cost, of course. Have any of you just jumped in & done this kind of thing?
Old 07-26-2012, 03:55 AM   #4129
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrussom View Post

I need to find the bigger coasters, I saw some on Stamp on This - anyone know of any other site that has them?
I can't remember where I saw this posted (could be here), but I have this place book marked for coasters:
Custom Picture and Drink Coasters - Order Coasters - Katz Americas
Old 07-26-2012, 07:11 AM   #4130
Polyshrink Goddess

Hey everyone.....if you want to make KeyFobs, Crafters vision has them on sale an extra15% off today! While supplies last. I ordered 100! type "DOTD" (without parenthesis) in the coupon section!
Old 07-26-2012, 08:16 AM   #4131
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krafty*Kate View Post
Wal-Mart has the large comp books now for .50 each, which is pretty good, because they are regularly .97 each. If you have the store Big Lots, they have large comps on sale right now for .39. Our Big Lots was out of them, so I plan to take their sale ad to Wal-Mart and see if they will price match them!!
Thanks KraftyKate! I love Big Lots but unfortunately I don't have one close by and I don't go to Walmart .
Old 07-26-2012, 10:09 AM   #4132
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks for the info on the coasters - not sure I want to order 1000 of anything right now, but the price is probably very good.

And Gina I was just going to post about the key fobs - I saw that on Facebook. I need to order some more too - I had more webbing than fobs!!

MY GALLERY
Old 07-26-2012, 10:18 AM   #4133
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Thanks for the info on the coasters - not sure I want to order 1000 of anything right now, but the price is probably very good.

And Gina I was just going to post about the key fobs - I saw that on Facebook. I need to order some more too - I had more webbing than fobs!!
Can you tell me approximately how much webbing it takes to make a key fob? Trying to figure out the costs...
Old 07-26-2012, 12:09 PM   #4134
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket7 View Post
I can't remember where I saw this posted (could be here), but I have this place book marked for coasters:
Custom Picture and Drink Coasters - Order Coasters - Katz Americas
Yes. I posted this. I found it a couple months ago. I bought the 1000. I was surprised that it was a fairly small box actually!
Old 07-26-2012, 12:15 PM   #4135
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie1031 View Post
What is the largest size craft show anyone here has done? So far I've only done the smaller, indoor shows, paying up to $100 for a 2 day show, with attendance at a few hundred people. And I've always recovered my booth fee. Now in October, I have the chance to do a much larger, 2 day show in a major city, at a much larger cost, of course. Have any of you just jumped in & done this kind of thing?
My shows are 2-4 days long, but I am the same. Paid $140 at the top end and $50 at the low end. I generally don't do one day shows.
Maybe if I could find another local crafter, I would consider the bigger shows.

Do any of you all feel guilty when you work on stuff for craft shows?? I do sometimes, because it doesn't feel like a job - even though I do make money later. I feel like since I am home, maybe I should be doing some cleaning or other chores!
My hubby says it is probably because I am not getting paid now for my time.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:17 PM   #4136
Die Cut Diva

The first craft show I was in, I decided to do it two weeks before the show. It was a small venue, one day 8:00 - 4:00 at one of our local churches, but still two weeks prior. I was a crafting machine! DH was so good about doing all the house work, cooking, etc. I've since learned my lesson with time management, but I still spend lots of time especially as the show nears. Sometimes I feel guilty being in the craft room, but for me it's only once a year. I'm considering other times of the year, but haven't worked up my courage yet. Christmas is such a great time for people to buy things for gifts. I'm not sure how well I'd do at another time of the year.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #4137
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknocker3 View Post
The first craft show I was in, I decided to do it two weeks before the show. It was a small venue, one day 8:00 - 4:00 at one of our local churches, but still two weeks prior. I was a crafting machine! DH was so good about doing all the house work, cooking, etc. I've since learned my lesson with time management, but I still spend lots of time especially as the show nears. Sometimes I feel guilty being in the craft room, but for me it's only once a year. I'm considering other times of the year, but haven't worked up my courage yet. Christmas is such a great time for people to buy things for gifts. I'm not sure how well I'd do at another time of the year.
I think for me, it must be because I don't have a craft room. So, my mess ends up taking over the family room where the TV is. I like to craft while watching something (movie, TV, etc). Then, I feel guilty about leaving my mess out.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:41 AM   #4138
Embossing Fanatic

Subbing!!
Old 07-30-2012, 06:37 PM   #4139
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Key Fobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAmomof2 View Post
Can you tell me approximately how much webbing it takes to make a key fob? Trying to figure out the costs...
I have been making them with 10 inches of webbing/ribbon.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:39 AM   #4140
Polyshrink Goddess

Begining to think this carnival party birthday party was is a little over my capability. Five days to get it all done.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:18 PM   #4141
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by tat2girl View Post
I use Cat's also but she hasn't yet posted 2013.
I think I will do some coaster style calendars with each month on a coaster. I bought a really big box (1000 I think) of the coasters super cheap.

Hey, does anything know if there is a forum where we are allowed to post when we want to do a bulk order with anyone? I want to order plastic tubes but don't need 450 of them!
Hi Diane,
There is no longer a thread for bulk buying on here. Such a bummer![/QUOTE]

You know, you don't have to use the actual coaster for each page of the calendar. When I do mine, the front and back of the calendar has a coaster (with paper applied, etc) and the actual pages of the calendar is cardstock cut to 4x4 (size of the coaster) corners rounded (since my coasters were rounded) and then decorated with the month calendar on it. Then all put together with the round binder at the top. You can use coasters for each page, but it might be bulky? Just throwing it out there in case you (or others) thought each page had to be a coaster. It stands up perfectly fine with just the two actual coasters.

MY GALLERY
Old 08-01-2012, 02:23 PM   #4142
Pearl-ExPert

That above comment was made in response to something Tat2Girl posted - I guess I quoted a quoted comment - ha!

So a question on the little calendars that one may buy (instead of make themselves) that are glued at the top. I think I'm going to buy ones this year just cause they are put together, glued and I don't have to do it. I found some on Stamp on This, and they didn't have the 'red' marked dates on them - they were black with holidays greyed in or not greyed in at all, you got to choose. The other site mentioned here (was it skybluepink cause I'm getting all confused at what I am finding for coasters and calendars but I think that's right) has the red holidays and Sundays? Can't remember but I think the month and some dates are in red. And I didn't see an option to not get red.

So does the red bug you if you buy these. Like if the paper you are using isn't red, does it 'clash' a bit?

The skybluepink site is cheaper than the other site, but I'm thinking I don't want red.

Anyone think about this (as much as I appear to be thinking about it apparently!).

MY GALLERY
Old 08-02-2012, 03:43 AM   #4143
Matboard Maniac

Mary, your comment about overthinking the red dates made me laugh! It sounds way too much like me! However, since the whole point of a calendar is to help one remember the date and special events, I personally like red dates because I forget lots of things as I get older. I don't think they are large enough or close enough to the edge to clash with colored c/s. After all, the background of the calendar will be some shade of white and it will serve as a buffer color. Just my 5 cents worth (I value my opinions, so they cost more!).
Old 08-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #4144
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via AIM to NancyL2648

I just signed up for a two day show the middle of October. I have never done a two day show...let alone one this early or close to Halloween. So I'm not sure what I'm getting into but this show is supposed to be good. One that I have been wanting to get into for a couple years.
Now my question...I need some quick and easy Halloween ideas. Help.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:35 AM   #4145
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyL2648 View Post
I just signed up for a two day show the middle of October. I have never done a two day show...let alone one this early or close to Halloween. So I'm not sure what I'm getting into but this show is supposed to be good. One that I have been wanting to get into for a couple years.
Best of luck! I Love Halloween things! However, they don't go over really well up here. (Prescott area) Some of the things that did sell for me were the witches shoes, from ellenhutson.com, that I filled with treats. Also senecapondcrafts.com has some cool Halloween paper crafts & sometimes some freebie down loads. Then of course you have the gallery here!

Do you share what show it is?
Old 08-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #4146
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via AIM to NancyL2648

Hi...thanks so much for the info! I'll be sure to check those sites.
Aahhh Prescott where it's cool! I'm jealous. lol
This show is at St. Paul's Catholic Church ...7th street/Greenway run by the women's guild.
Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie1031 View Post
Best of luck! I Love Halloween things! However, they don't go over really well up here. (Prescott area) Some of the things that did sell for me were the witches shoes, from ellenhutson.com, that I filled with treats. Also senecapondcrafts.com has some cool Halloween paper crafts & sometimes some freebie down loads. Then of course you have the gallery here!

Do you share what show it is?

Old 08-02-2012, 11:24 AM   #4147
Insane Embellisher

Thanks Mary for the tip on the Coaster Calendars.

And yes, I think about things alot too... regarding the calendars with red ink, I just don't like them. I don't make and sell anything that I wouldn't buy myself (that is my rule), so I would rather make the calendars myself and be happy with the result. I know, it is crazy but I don't think the cost of those ones including shipping is a good cost. Just my opinion.

Mary - I had a look at your gallery - very nice!
How did you make the gift-shaped gift card holders. They are so cute.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:59 PM   #4148
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
Thanks Mary for the tip on the Coaster Calendars.

And yes, I think about things alot too... regarding the calendars with red ink, I just don't like them. I don't make and sell anything that I wouldn't buy myself (that is my rule), so I would rather make the calendars myself and be happy with the result. I know, it is crazy but I don't think the cost of those ones including shipping is a good cost. Just my opinion.

Mary - I had a look at your gallery - very nice!
How did you make the gift-shaped gift card holders. They are so cute.
Thanks! I appreciate your nice comments. I thought of making the calendars too, I did last year and just used a brad to keep them together, but I think I'm going to buy them already made/put together. I had a hard time cutting them so they were EVEN and it took a long time. And I found a couple of places that sold the 'non red' ones for the cheaper one is sold out. So if anyone has a site that they go to for those calendars, let me know if you can.

I loved those gift shaped gift card holders too. They were a huge hit at my sale. So you would think that I would have the site bookmarked for easy access, but nope, not this gal. But I searched and searched for it (well I looked for a minute or two at least) and did find it.

The site is mariestamps and its on her 12/16/10 posting. If this works, this is the link to her page:

Stamping Inspiration: HOLLY JOLLY STAMP CAMP, Present Gift Card Holder...

They are easy to do, the bow is the 'hardest' part because it takes a while, but I have the oval punches so that does all the work. But you need so many for each card. But I sold every one of them so it was all good.

But when searching for this, I found the beanie cap one (which is in the resources tutorials on this site) which I think is very cute - need to cut a 5" circle so hopefully I can manage that somehow.

They also have other gift card holders in resources section -

and I found a very cute one that looked like a house by papermonkey (12/11/08 posting). Didn't look to hard at the instructions but its really cute, would be a nice gift for a housewarming or move.

Hope to get some stuff done this weekend, I haven't done anything for so long. Haven't really been in the mood. Usually once I start I won't stop, its starting that isn't happening. Plus I can't find my good Stayzon ink pad and its driving me nuts. I have several, but I can't find the newer one. I never can get them reinked right. I'm gonig to try again tonight to reink otherwise I will need to go and buy another one. I usually replace that pad every couple of years anyway, I use it anytime I use black ink.

MY GALLERY
Old 08-02-2012, 02:15 PM   #4149
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyL2648 View Post

I did the witch's shoe that was posted here and they turned out cute. Put candy corn in them I think.

I have the pick your poison stampin up set and used that a lot for Halloween stuff - love that set.

But I did MM sticks (with the brown or fall colored MMs or skittles, or whatever candy). Did peppermint patties with the halloween images. Small notebooks with the images.

I did frap bottles using the word POISON (not the band!) from that set and put candy in it. People liked that a lot.

Pumpkin poop, ghost poop (marshmallows?) goblin poop maybe - probably lots of halloween themed poop out there! If you are into poop that is!

MY GALLERY
Old 08-03-2012, 07:27 AM   #4150
Die Cut Diva

I saw on pinterest that they put a cello bag filled with oreo cookies into the witch shoes. The cookies had a green middle so they are probably a mint or something? Anyhow, they looked like witch socks and so adorable (or wicked) .

When I made the shoes before, I filled with candy corn, but I love the oreo idea. I think they make special orange ones in honor of Halloween too.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:23 AM   #4151
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknocker3 View Post
I saw on pinterest that they put a cello bag filled with oreo cookies into the witch shoes. The cookies had a green middle so they are probably a mint or something? Anyhow, they looked like witch socks and so adorable (or wicked) .

When I made the shoes before, I filled with candy corn, but I love the oreo idea. I think they make special orange ones in honor of Halloween too.

I saw that too, thanks for the reminder. Its probably pinned with the millions of pins I pin but never look at! But that is a very cute idea. The only thing I didn't like about the shoe was putting it together! But once I did a few, they went together better.

MY GALLERY
Old 08-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #4152
Inking Addict

Could someone tell me about the glass pebbles? How big are they, where do you get them and how much do they cost. Thanks...B.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:05 PM   #4153
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mheartm View Post
Could someone tell me about the glass pebbles? How big are they, where do you get them and how much do they cost. Thanks...B.
I just picked up a bag at the Dollar Tree. They are about 1 1/4" in diameter. I use the 1 1/4" punch for the paper, put down a glob of Glossy Accents, swirl the pebble in the glob to make sure it's stuck down all over and let dry. I trim the paper after it's dried to the shape of the peeble ( they are not perfectly round) and attach the magnet. I use the 3/4" magnets from Hobby Lobby (they are a 6 rating) for $6.99 (use a coupon!). There are 50 pieces in the package. I've never had any problems with them holding objects. In fact, I hang cards & scrapbook pages with them at my store.
HTH.

Sharon

PS. Probably more information than you wanted, huh?
Old 08-03-2012, 04:42 PM   #4154
Matboard Maniac

Mary, I love your gift-shaped gift card holders; thanks for the link!

COASTER CALENDARS - I am thinking about making the coaster calendars for some craft shows I am doing this fall. I am trying to decide which website to use to order them because I am way too detail-oriented to print them and cut them myself - it would take me forever to get them all "even"! I looked at the skybluepink website and the price seems reasonable to me: $14.00 for 50 of the large size calendars (.28 each). I do wish they offered a quantity of 25, instead of 50, because I don't know if I will make that many. So I am just trying to decide what my profit will be ordering the 50 if I don't use them all. Decisions!!

Quote:
Thanks! I appreciate your nice comments. I thought of making the calendars too, I did last year and just used a brad to keep them together, but I think I'm going to buy them already made/put together. I had a hard time cutting them so they were EVEN and it took a long time. And I found a couple of places that sold the 'non red' ones for the cheaper one is sold out. So if anyone has a site that they go to for those calendars, let me know if you can.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:35 PM   #4155
Polyshrink Goddess

I have been thinking about check book covers/yearly planners that are altered. Havent been able to find the blanks yet though. I thought about getting some at ACMs or Ms, but all of theirs have decorated pages that correspond to the covers that are already on them (dogs, light houses, etc)
Wondering if anyone knows where to get blank ones?
Old 08-03-2012, 06:48 PM   #4156
Polyshrink Goddess

Did some websurfing and found this:
Printable 2013 Mini Calendar PDF Digital File by JoyHanna
Old 08-03-2012, 10:33 PM   #4157
Die Cut Diva

Gina, I think you can get those blank checkbook covers at Oriental Trading Company. They used to sell them in their crafts catalog.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:41 AM   #4158
Inking Addict

I buy the calendars from VIPPIE. They do have the red print for holidays. You can order them in qtys of 25, 50 or 100 in three different sizes. Right now shipping is 3.00. Also, they carry vinyl checkbook/pocket calendar covers for 95cents. I have ordered from this company before. Hugs...B.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:15 AM   #4159
Polyshrink Goddess

I knew Oriental used to have them, but havent seen them recently. I will have to look again. Thanks Dooknocker3!
Old 08-04-2012, 05:18 AM   #4160
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mheartm View Post
I buy the calendars from VIPPIE. They do have the red print for holidays. You can order them in qtys of 25, 50 or 100 in three different sizes. Right now shipping is 3.00. Also, they carry vinyl checkbook/pocket calendar covers for 95cents. I have ordered from this company before. Hugs...B.
Hmm I will check there too! Thanks!