Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree354Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2012, 11:46 PM   #4041
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikebana View Post
Hello everyone!

Question is: for those of you non SU Demos who do craft fairs, do you recoup part of what you spent or is it all for the fun of being a part of it? I know that if you are an SU Demo then the exposure is a big part of it, being able to get some leads.
I am not a SU or any other kind of representative. I do craft fairs because I love to make things. This is my fourth year, and I do make money doing it. I do that by keeping track of my costs and by looking throughout the year for embellishments and items I can use for selling at xmas time.
Sometimes, my time spent is probably not paid for, but overall, it is a good experience. It is so nice to be complimented for my work.

Every year, people ask me if I have a website or sell on Etsy. I don't sell on Etsy but my hubby just bought a domain name for me.
Inspired Bliss
I am not very technologically advanced though so it may be a while before that gets going. (see below and I can't even figure out how to make my Facebook page a link!!)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-03-2012, 08:38 AM   #4042
Pearl-ExPert

[QUOTE=MLH1966;19530973]
Quote:
Originally Posted by imlynne View Post
I need to print or order 2013 calendars for boutique items--coasters, acrylic frames, etc.
Do most of you print your own and cut them? What size do you make. Is there a 2013 template somewhere?
Do you order them already made? Where? What size?

Sorry about all the questions. I want to get started for boutiques.
Lynne[/QUOT

Hi Lynne:

I always order my calendars (they have various sizes) from SkyBluePink - cool stuff for non-fancy prices

Super fast shipping and great prices!

Maria

Thanks for the link for calendars (they are under Ephemera category if you are looking for them - took me a while!) but they have cute keys too for my Santa Magic Key thingy (official name).

I usually use Cat's calendar template cause its free and I like the font and print, etc. For my coaster calendars. But for the 'rip off' ones, I think I'm going to buy some like this site has - they are glued together, cheap, and when I cut the Cat ones to bundle them all together on the one coaster, I always have some that are different sized so I do a lot of trimming down.

SU has in their holiday mini very cute calendars and acrylic frames as well but they are pricey - for sales that is. I'm buying some for my family as gifts but not for sales.

MY GALLERY
Old 07-03-2012, 08:40 AM   #4043
Pearl-ExPert

Diane, I like your Inspired Bliss page. I voted on your "note" question, but I liked all the sayings.

MY GALLERY
Old 07-03-2012, 08:52 AM   #4044
Pearl-ExPert

Got some key fobs done (thanks again Gina for the info and idea and site!). Love them! My sister tugged on them for me, to make sure they were all connected (one had come apartment when she tugged on it so she went through all of mine!). I will post some pictures this weekend hopefully.

I have NO PLANS for the 4th which is OK with me so I hope to do some crafting. I have pebbles to do, more key fobs and I really need some cards. Tons of comp books sitting there too so maybe I will do some of those too. Who knows? I keep setting aside a day to craft and something else happens. But if its nice out, then I should be out there enjoying the weather anyway - summer doesn't last long here!

MY GALLERY
Old 07-03-2012, 04:04 PM   #4045
FiP
Matboard Maniac

To DianeCraft - I look forward to seeing your blog in the future. Many times I have wanted to look at your FaceBook page, but I'm not doing FB (yet anyway!). I also don't blog - I spend far too much time already looking at other blogs and SCS.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:57 PM   #4046
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
I am not a SU or any other kind of representative. I do craft fairs because I love to make things. This is my fourth year, and I do make money doing it. I do that by keeping track of my costs and by looking throughout the year for embellishments and items I can use for selling at xmas time.
Sometimes, my time spent is probably not paid for, but overall, it is a good experience. It is so nice to be complimented for my work.

Every year, people ask me if I have a website or sell on Etsy. I don't sell on Etsy but my hubby just bought a domain name for me.
Inspired Bliss
I am not very technologically advanced though so it may be a while before that gets going. (see below and I can't even figure out how to make my Facebook page a link!!)

here is a link to Diane's facebook page...https://www.facebook.com/pages/Inspi...82211095136032

( even if you are not a fb user/member) you *should* be able to see this, I have linked to fb before for non members and they told me they could see the page.

Diane to make a link in your siggy you would put the html code to it just like writing it when you upload to the gallery and want to make a hypertextlink ( I think they call it ) so.

if It was that way you would put [$URL=https://www.facebook.com/pages/Inspired-Bliss/182211095136032] Inspired Bliss Facebook Page ( or what ever you want people to see goes here between the brackets) then it will have an [$/URL]

if you want it to be a color then it would look like this:

[$URL=https://www.facebook.com/pages/Inspired-Bliss/182211095136032][$color=red]Inspired Bliss[/color][/URL]

(do you see the two dollar symbols? take those out... they are just so you can see the code...)
Old 07-03-2012, 07:04 PM   #4047
FiP
Matboard Maniac

Hi Stacy, thanks for that link to Diane's FB page. I could see the photos!
(I'm also avoiding Pinterest, for the same 'time-taking' reasons...)
Old 07-05-2012, 11:48 AM   #4048
Pearl-ExPert

Got tons of key fobs done - if they all sell I will be rich! I will post some this weekend. Need more fobs though so I have to order some more - had more webbing than fobs! Should have done some math on that one I guess.

And I did some glass pebbles yesterday and I love how they turned out. Need to get some magnets (or see what I have at home magnet wise I guess first). Just used designer paper - was going to stamp but the paper was enough. Need to go to the dollar store for more pebbles - I didn't see the little ones there and I only had a handful of them at home and they were very cute as well. Was thinking of maybe doing some thumb tacks with the pebbles as well, but not sure if I will.

going to buy some more 2x2 tiles as well to do magnets with. I had about a dozen laying around the house that I used a while ago and liked the way those turned out too - just used designer papers on them as well. Way quicker than stamping and coloring in.

MY GALLERY
Old 07-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #4049
Insane Embellisher

[QUOTE=JBgreendawn;19533289]here is a link to Diane's facebook page...https://www.facebook.com/pages/Inspi...82211095136032

( even if you are not a fb user/member) you *should* be able to see this, I have linked to fb before for non members and they told me they could see the page.

Diane to make a link in your siggy you would put the html code to it just like writing it when you upload to the gallery and want to make a hypertextlink ( I think they call it ) so.
QUOTE]

Oh my gosh. Thanks Mary and Stacey! I do get alot of older customers who are not on facebook but know how to "google", so I tell them to google my name and they can see the page without facebook.

I am going to try to connect the link now to my signature.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:47 PM   #4050
Insane Embellisher

[QUOTE=mrussom;19531997]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLH1966 View Post

Thanks for the link for calendars (they are under Ephemera category if you are looking for them - took me a while!) but they have cute keys too for my Santa Magic Key thingy (official name).

I usually use Cat's calendar template cause its free and I like the font and print, etc. For my coaster calendars. But for the 'rip off' ones, I think I'm going to buy some like this site has - they are glued together, cheap, and when I cut the Cat ones to bundle them all together on the one coaster, I always have some that are different sized so I do a lot of trimming down.
I use Cat's also but she hasn't yet posted 2013.
I think I will do some coaster style calendars with each month on a coaster. I bought a really big box (1000 I think) of the coasters super cheap.

Hey, does anything know if there is a forum where we are allowed to post when we want to do a bulk order with anyone? I want to order plastic tubes but don't need 450 of them!
Old 07-05-2012, 02:48 PM   #4051
Pearl-ExPert

Can you post it on your facebook page (the bulk buy thing) and then on a post here say 'hey need tubes? Check out my facebook page?' That might work! And thanks for reminding me that I actually bought some of these off a site earlier this year - need to make sure I use them for the sales. Maybe reindeer food - make it look different this year than my past years.

I'm almost out of coasters, can you share where you bought yours from? I didn't think I'd ever get through the bunch I bought a few years back, but the coaster calendars and sales use them up faster than I thought. But I love those little calendars and I love that CAT gives us the template for free too. I may still buy some little calendar pads from a site though, that are stuck together, makes it easier for those projects that you want the bad not the individual (although I could rip them off for the individual calendar project as well). But I like her font better I think than the font on the pads I've seen.

MY GALLERY
Old 07-05-2012, 03:17 PM   #4052
Kookie Creator

I use Cat's also but she hasn't yet posted 2013.
I think I will do some coaster style calendars with each month on a coaster. I bought a really big box (1000 I think) of the coasters super cheap.

Hey, does anything know if there is a forum where we are allowed to post when we want to do a bulk order with anyone? I want to order plastic tubes but don't need 450 of them![/QUOTE]

Hi Diane,
There is no longer a thread for bulk buying on here. Such a bummer!
Old 07-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #4053
Insane Embellisher

Default Chipboard coaster deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrussom View Post
I'm almost out of coasters, can you share where you bought yours from?
It is a s-e-c-r-e-t supplier I am going to share with you all.
OK...so this is gonna be a big steal for people. Prepare yourself to get very excited if you use alot of chipboard coasters.

I am sooo cheap, which is why I won't buy the pull off stamp pads. I would much rather print and cut my own (besides they look better).

Back to the coasters.
The cheapest I could find them was for 100 at $16.00, plus shipping. So, I searched and searched and searched some more...and finally found this link!! Check it out. $25 for 1000 of the heavy weight ones; lightweight ones even cheaper. Now, I know it says plus shipping, which I would have happily paid another $25 for, but when I processed my order, the the shipping was free too.

Custom Picture and Drink Coasters - Blank Coasters - Katz Americas
Happy??!!
Now...I need to get me some of those tubes. I am gonna figure out where I can post a bulk order if it kills me. My facebook page is a good idea, but I don't want my customers knowing how much I paid for supplies to make their goodies!

Last edited by DianeCraft; 07-05-2012 at 09:21 PM.. Reason: Forgot the link! haha http://www.katzamericas.com/Products/BlankCoasters
Old 07-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #4054
Cardstock Collector

Wow DianeCraft! great source, Thank you Thank you!
Old 07-06-2012, 04:08 AM   #4055
Inking Addict

Mary...what's your best tool for adhering the dsp to the tiles? Stamping right on them is next-to impossible, but I tried giving them a light coat of 3M sealer, letting it dry, then stamping...seemed to help a little, but I love the paper idea...just wonder about getting it on there. Mod-Podge? Xyron?

Also, where could I find pics of these key fobs you are talking about? Always looking for a new idea for my holiday fairs...and how are they generally priced?

Thank you!

I have a creative gene...it comes from my Father, the Author of Creativity!
Old 07-06-2012, 07:19 AM   #4056
Pearl-ExPert

Gina has examples of her key fobs on her blog - Gina's Stamping Creations

For the little tiles (I think they are 2x2) I have used DSP on them and I used modge podge. Worked fine. Put a coat on after it dried too to seal it. I did plan on stamping on them - I've done the tile coasters with stamps and they worked out fine, but I liked the designer paper so much that I think I'll just do that.

There are tutorials on the site for stamping on coasters - and everyone has an opinion on how they should be done and what works best for them. And they all seem to be different from one another. And any way is fine, as long as it works for you! But let me (or the group) know if you have questions on it. Coasters/tiles are really easy, cheap and fun to do (I think).

Now I need to buy a million magnets! I know someone here posted a site for that - so I'm going to start digging unless that person (hint!) posts the site for me!!!

MY GALLERY
Old 07-06-2012, 09:41 AM   #4057
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Got tons of key fobs done - if they all sell I will be rich!
LOL! I hope they do sell well for you!
Old 07-06-2012, 10:34 AM   #4058
Inking Addict

Thanks, Mary! I have done many tile coasters...I have found that the "Blazing Red" Staz-On ink does NOT hold up at all...bleeds at the first drop of water. I have tried baking them, too, and it doesn't help. NO other colors have been a problem...which is disappointing since its such a great colorl I have 'wasted' several tiles because of it.

Generally, tho, I just stamp w/ Black Staz-On and its been great. I might color in w/ BIC or SHARPIE markers, but I try to look for stamps that will look great with just black. 'Hero' has several now that are about 4x4 and look great. I've sold them at $4.50 each or a set of 4 for $15...I bag them in Wilton (or Hob Lob brand) 'treat bags' and tie them with a nice ribbon...I did sell several sets last Christmas.

I will check the FOB idea...what I don't need is another idea, but who can resist???

Thank you!
Kim

Old 07-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #4059
Inking Addict

Meant to add that I did try a couple of the glazed 2x2 tiles (a friend got a boatload of them at a garage sale and gave them to me!!)....I covered them w/ patterned paper (random design I had laying around), adhered w/ Mod Podge...worked great!! I am anxious to do more...I think w/ some nice Ch'mas paper and a doo-dad or two they will be fun for the holiday! Thanks for the tip!

Old 07-06-2012, 12:57 PM   #4060
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Gina has examples of her key fobs on her blog - Gina's Stamping Creations

For the little tiles (I think they are 2x2) I have used DSP on them and I used modge podge. Worked fine. Put a coat on after it dried too to seal it. I did plan on stamping on them - I've done the tile coasters with stamps and they worked out fine, but I liked the designer paper so much that I think I'll just do that.

There are tutorials on the site for stamping on coasters - and everyone has an opinion on how they should be done and what works best for them. And they all seem to be different from one another. And any way is fine, as long as it works for you! But let me (or the group) know if you have questions on it. Coasters/tiles are really easy, cheap and fun to do (I think).

Now I need to buy a million magnets! I know someone here posted a site for that - so I'm going to start digging unless that person (hint!) posts the site for me!!!
Hi Mary,
This is what Bugga posted (way back!) items in Magnets store on eBay!

HTH

Sharon
Old 07-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #4061
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkccmom View Post
Thanks, Mary! I have done many tile coasters...I have found that the "Blazing Red" Staz-On ink does NOT hold up at all...bleeds at the first drop of water. I have tried baking them, too, and it doesn't help. NO other colors have been a problem...which is disappointing since its such a great colorl I have 'wasted' several tiles because of it.

Generally, tho, I just stamp w/ Black Staz-On and its been great. I might color in w/ BIC or SHARPIE markers, but I try to look for stamps that will look great with just black. 'Hero' has several now that are about 4x4 and look great. I've sold them at $4.50 each or a set of 4 for $15...I bag them in Wilton (or Hob Lob brand) 'treat bags' and tie them with a nice ribbon...I did sell several sets last Christmas.

I will check the FOB idea...what I don't need is another idea, but who can resist???

Thank you!
Kim

Its the red ink, always a problem, for me too. I don't use it anymore for tiles. But the sharpies work great, but for the coasters I try to just stamp with ink and heat set them. I do love making coasters, they sell well.

MY GALLERY
Old 07-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #4062
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by tat2girl View Post
Hi Mary,
This is what Bugga posted (way back!) items in Magnets store on eBay!

HTH

Sharon

Thanks, I did search for it too and found it as well.

MY GALLERY
Old 07-08-2012, 07:14 AM   #4063
Polyshrink Goddess

Default calendars

[QUOTE=MLH1966;19530973]
Quote:
Originally Posted by imlynne View Post
I need to print or order 2013 calendars for boutique items--coasters, acrylic frames, etc.
Do most of you print your own and cut them? What size do you make. Is there a 2013 template somewhere?
Do you order them already made? Where? What size?

Sorry about all the questions. I want to get started for boutiques.
Lynne[/QUOT

Hi Lynne:

I always order my calendars (they have various sizes) from SkyBluePink - cool stuff for non-fancy prices

Super fast shipping and great prices!

Maria
thanks for this. I have been looking for them as well. I used Cat's last year, but I am not sure she will be making them this year.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:19 AM   #4064
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Key Fob photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkccmom View Post
Mary...what's your best tool for adhering the dsp to the tiles? Stamping right on them is next-to impossible, but I tried giving them a light coat of 3M sealer, letting it dry, then stamping...seemed to help a little, but I love the paper idea...just wonder about getting it on there. Mod-Podge? Xyron?

Also, where could I find pics of these key fobs you are talking about? Always looking for a new idea for my holiday fairs...and how are they generally priced?

Thank you!
I have more photos to post, and will try to post them today. I did a YARD SALE yesterday and I sold a handful of them there. Not too bad considering that it was a yard sale and folks were looking for bargains, not hand made items. I priced them at $5 a piece or 2/$8. They are VERY easy to make! I sold MANY to friends at $4 a piece just by showing them off and word of mouth. They range in price from $5 to $9.50 on Etsy.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:26 AM   #4065
Polyshrink Goddess

Okay I have the key fobs up on my blog now, as well as another new craft item for me, travel coloring cases. These too are fun to make, and I enlisted my children to help me with them.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:09 PM   #4066
Pearl-ExPert

Congrats on the sales at your yard sale.
Off to check out your new items. I will post tomorrow some of my items, can't post today on this site.

MY GALLERY
Old 07-08-2012, 12:12 PM   #4067
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRKIDDO View Post
Okay I have the key fobs up on my blog now, as well as another new craft item for me, travel coloring cases. These too are fun to make, and I enlisted my children to help me with them.
Cute items. Good thing the cat wasn't helping with the glue!!

MY GALLERY
Old 07-09-2012, 07:21 AM   #4068
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Cute items. Good thing the cat wasn't helping with the glue!!
LOL Oh no...she stays clear of my crafting. They (we have 2) dont even try to come into my craft room, which is really nice. I love that I dont have to compete with them for the room. Maybe it's haunted??? Strange story.....
I was in my craft room and my son who at the time was 5 was talking in the hallway (right outside my craft room). He then comes in and says "Mommy who is that man?" I ask him what man. He says "The bald headed man in the hallway". I say there better not be a man in the hallway and so I get up and look, nothing. He says "I wonder where he went?" So about a week later I say to my hubby "I think your son is seeing things." And my daughter, she is 8, who is in the room says "Are you talking about the bald headed man?" That was about 6 months ago. We also found out a day or two later (after his "sighting") that an old friend of ours had passed away. He hadn't been bald, but had died of cancer, so.....
And dont get me started on the lights that used to dance around the room when my daughter was a baby. My BF says that I was just hallucinating from lack of sleep...
Anyway....I no longer walk around with the lights off.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:59 AM   #4069
Pearl-ExPert

I think I saw that on A Haunting! (MY favorite scary ghost story show!). I'd be creeped out by that. I love watching ghost shows but NEVER want to be around one. My daughter had an imaginary friend which totally creeped me out so I made her stop - I kept thinking it was a ghost and I couldn't take it. Thankfully it was super short period of time that she had that friend!

MY GALLERY
Old 07-09-2012, 10:25 AM   #4070
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
I think I saw that on A Haunting! (MY favorite scary ghost story show!). I'd be creeped out by that. I love watching ghost shows but NEVER want to be around one. My daughter had an imaginary friend which totally creeped me out so I made her stop - I kept thinking it was a ghost and I couldn't take it. Thankfully it was super short period of time that she had that friend!
I watch all the ghost shows also! Where we were growing up (I was about 9, but lived there until I was 22) I swore we had a ghost there. No lie every PM a woman walked into the room walked around and vanished. My mom told me I was just imagining it. I just dont think she wanted to admit it. I was never scared by her. More comforted really.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:23 AM   #4071
Polyshrink Goddess

PS my hubby knows someone who has a Paranormal "club" cant think what it's called, but I told him I'd love to come along sometime! I havent been invited as of yet, but I am still hoping! We live close to Pennhurst Asylum, which is said to be very haunted. Never been there though.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #4072
Pearl-ExPert

Did Ghost Hunters go there? Seems familiar. Maybe YOU are haunted, not the places you have been! I think that would be a blast to go on a haunted event but I think I'd be super scared. I talk big about that stuff, but I'd be cryng like a baby if I saw one!!

MY GALLERY
Old 07-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #4073
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Did Ghost Hunters go there? Seems familiar. Maybe YOU are haunted, not the places you have been! I think that would be a blast to go on a haunted event but I think I'd be super scared. I talk big about that stuff, but I'd be cryng like a baby if I saw one!!
No I havent been there. Ghost Hunters came and did an investigation at the Philadelphia Zoo though. I have been in those buildings they investigated many times. Now I find I am always looking over my shoulder whne I am there. But I have never been there over night!

Maybe I am haunted!!!!
Old 07-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #4074
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRKIDDO View Post
They look really good Gina!

Can you tell me what kind of gluw you had the kids applying to your notepads? And where do you buy it??
Maybe that stuff will work for my calendars this year.

Last edited by DianeCraft; 07-09-2012 at 02:36 PM.. Reason: Spelling: "glue"
Old 07-09-2012, 05:56 PM   #4075
Matboard Maniac

Hi, hope everyone is doing well. I have uploaded 4 new pics of altered boxes that I plan on selling at a 2 day agricultural fair in Ilderton, Ontario (Canada). This link is of one that I plan on using to try to boost my sales. For every $10. someone spends at my table their name will go into this box and if their name is drawn they will win the box.
Cheerful Altered Keepsake Box by Glendelia - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 07-09-2012, 07:01 PM   #4076
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
They look really good Gina!

Can you tell me what kind of glue you had the kids applying to your notepads? And where do you buy it??
Maybe that stuff will work for my calendars this year.
Diane, we used good old Elmers glue!! We did one nice thick layer, sat them on wax paper to dry for 15 minutes, then did a second layer, let dry completely (overnight to make sure they were dry). I did do a third layer on a couple of them where the kids had missed some spots. We used the sponge painters but the tutorial I saw also said you could just use a finger to spread it. It worked great for smaller sized tablets. We did a piece of heavy weight cardstock on the back, and 50 sheets of white copy paper that I bought at Walmart and trimmed down to 3x5. A pack of, I think it was 500 sheets for right around $4.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:02 PM   #4077
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glendelia View Post
Hi, hope everyone is doing well. I have uploaded 4 new pics of altered boxes that I plan on selling at a 2 day agricultural fair in Ilderton, Ontario (Canada). This link is of one that I plan on using to try to boost my sales. For every $10. someone spends at my table their name will go into this box and if their name is drawn they will win the box.
Cheerful Altered Keepsake Box by Glendelia - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Cute box, and great idea!!!!
Old 07-10-2012, 07:29 AM   #4078
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glendelia View Post

Very nice!

MY GALLERY
Old 07-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #4079
Pearl-ExPert

I tried to upload some of my key fobs and magnets but for some reason they aren't uploading to the galleries. I'm trying a thumb nail, hopefully that will work.
Attached Thumbnails
062.jpg  

MY GALLERY
Old 07-10-2012, 05:10 PM   #4080
Pearl-ExPert

and some more
Attached Thumbnails
070.jpg   069.jpg   076.jpg   077.jpg   080.jpg  

084.jpg  

MY GALLERY