Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-22-2006, 11:07 AM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Altered Clipboards

I have been reading the threads on the altered clipboards - and I wanted to see if anyone had some clear do's and don'ts that I should be mindful of before starting.

Here is what I have gathered:

Don't use regular ink - it won't dry
Don't use markers either

Do use a heat gun to set things - and maybe even clear embossing powder.

I love Beate's instructions - she is awesome. THANKS!

But, I just needed a little bit more help on steps - like when in the process I should mod podge vs. using the matte sealer. Also, are most of you painting the front AND back?

Right now, I am just going to go down to my craft area and paint - and let that dry overnight - then I will go from there after I hear what you all have to say.

Thanks in advance!
Kelly
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2006, 01:07 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have not painted as in Beate's awesome tutorial. I use 12x12 decorated paper. My biggest tip is to let it dry thoroughly in all steps.

You can look at my gallery for my clipboards. Sorry, don't know how to post a link to it to make it convenient for you.

Good luck!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes