Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree565Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-30-2013, 08:07 AM   #121
Die Cut Diva

I've made a ton of those tootsie pop holders. They are so quick, easy and cute! I made different themes; leaves, pumpkins, witch, football and pink ribbon for Breast Cancer Awareness. I figured all of these would work for an October show. I'm also making some for my sister's 50th birthday party favors and will put "50 Sucks" on then.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:18 AM   #122
Insane Embellisher

Default 2013 craft sale best sellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknocker3 View Post
Very clever and whimsical canada goose... If you use that saying it should actually be "What's Your Hangup?" (You're is an abbreviation for you are.)
When I am posting an idea that is all I am concerned with, not so much the typos as its the idea I am trying to convey. Sometimes I catch them before I press send....and sometimes not

I am not making these myself just thowing it out there.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mrussom, doorknocker3 and deansgal like this post.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:19 AM   #123
Rubber Obsessor

Default Clothes Pins

Since you have 12 clothespins-how about...

On the 12th day of Christmas
Santa gave to me.....
12 Sparkling Clothespins

You could replace the word sparkling with a word that describes your clothespins.
deansgal likes this post.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:41 PM   #124
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by canada goose View Post
When I am posting an idea that is all I am concerned with, not so much the typos as its the idea I am trying to convey. Sometimes I catch them before I press send....and sometimes not

I am not making these myself just thowing it out there.

I'm the same way, but mostly with spelling. I'm a terrible speller...!
Old 09-30-2013, 02:27 PM   #125
Glitter Guru

Send a message via AIM to kspiv

Re: the Bogdon Peppermint Sticks. The actual Bogdon website has their candy sticks (these included) for 50% off (or did the other day at least) so you could get them for under $6 for a 68 count tub. BUT....their shipping was $16.20!! I was like "nope, I'll just try to find them local. Ha! I really want them though to add to the cocoa packets this year. They look so cool and would fit better than the candy canes. But it's hard to argue with candy canes when they are usually a 12-pk for $1 or less.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #126
Pearl-ExPert

I went on line to look for places that sold Bodgon sticks. Sweet Services had them and they had no shipping costs. I called them, they said that was a mistake but they would honor the no shipping costs if it showed up that way. I ordered double dipped mint chocolate sticks and it came to around $21 with shipping. 92 pieces in the tub.

The links says amaretto for some reason, but the description says mint. You may want to try it before they fix their link. These look a bit different than the others I've seen in projects but they are Bodgon and chocolate and sticks so I think its ok.

Amaretto Sticks - Sweet Services Wholesale Candy

MY GALLERY
jennscraft likes this post.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #127
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrussom View Post
I went on line to look for places that sold Bodgon sticks. Sweet Services had them and they had no shipping costs. I called them, they said that was a mistake but they would honor the no shipping costs if it showed up that way. I ordered double dipped mint chocolate sticks and it came to around $21 with shipping. 92 pieces in the tub.

The links says amaretto for some reason, but the description says mint. You may want to try it before they fix their link. These look a bit different than the others I've seen in projects but they are Bodgon and chocolate and sticks so I think its ok.

Thank you for this tip! I just went on and ordered from the website and my total was $19.90 for the 92 pieces in the tub of the Double Dipped mint sticks.. My confirmation email stated that same price. I'll see if I hear from the company later or not.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #128
Creative Crew SU Design Team

Quote:
I've made a ton of those tootsie pop holders. They are so quick, easy and cute! I made different themes; leaves, pumpkins, witch, football and pink ribbon for Breast Cancer Awareness. I figured all of these would work for an October show. I'm also making some for my sister's 50th birthday party favors and will put "50 Sucks" on then.
Tootsie pop holders? Any ideas for Christmas ones?
Old 10-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #129
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennscraft View Post
Thank you for this tip! I just went on and ordered from the website and my total was $19.90 for the 92 pieces in the tub of the Double Dipped mint sticks.. My confirmation email stated that same price. I'll see if I hear from the company later or not.

I did call them and told them about the shipping thing - she said she would make sure I didn't get charged. If you order its worth a call - I told her I wouldn't order if I was going to be charged big shipping costs. She assured me if it said zero I paid zero.

that NEVER happens to me so I was super excited.

MY GALLERY
jennscraft likes this post.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #130
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc magnolia View Post
Tootsie pop holders? Any ideas for Christmas ones?
I don't know what Doorknockers Tootsie Pop Holders look like, but here are some I made a couple of years ago for a craft show. They were for Halloween. I just used cardstock, cute Halloween stickers, and tied a ribbon.

I priced them at 50 cents I think, and sold out quickly. Every kid who stopped at my booth got one, or several.

I think you could do the same thing with cute Christmas Stickers. Lots of folks who go to shows have no idea that some stampers "frown" on stickers. I think they have their place for quick and cute items.

Halloween Tootsie Pops by buggainok - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 10-01-2013, 02:21 PM   #131
Pearl-ExPert

Cute suckers Bugga. And yes, what are Doorknocker's tootsie pop holders?? Wanna share??

MY GALLERY

Last edited by mrussom; 10-01-2013 at 02:25 PM..
Old 10-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #132
Pearl-ExPert

Anyone else feeling the pinch of time crunch? Every year I say I'm going to do a craft sale project each month so I have stuff done and every year I start crafting like a mad lady in August or September for sales starting in October. Crazy! Right now I have gift card holders done (but still need some more) and tags. I have magnets and key fobs and some other various stuff from last year. My list of what I have to do yet is crazy long. And of course i will see something so incredibly darling at the last minute that I will want to add it to my table! Arghhh. And I'm looking for more venues to sell at too. I'll be crafting when I get home from work tonight (and every night this week! Weekends too). What a life.

MY GALLERY
nancystamps and cookie1031 like this post.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:11 PM   #133
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Cute suckers Bugga. And yes, what are Doorknocker's tootsie pop holders?? Wanna share??
Thanks. I'm not doing craft fairs again, but maybe I will make up some this year to hand out to the kids at my door.

She posted that she had made a lot of Tootsie Pop holders, but didn't post a link or pic. Doorknocker??

Old 10-01-2013, 04:32 PM   #134

Free SVG File ? 09.21.12 ? Witch Hat Lollipop Holder Freebie | SVGCuts.com Blog
These are stinkin cute! But I gotta figure out some Christmas designs that DON'T involve intricate punch art. I did intricate punch art on top of M&Ms last year. That was such a lot of work for just $1.75. People loved them and I sold out but toooo much work!

Last edited by sc magnolia; 10-01-2013 at 05:07 PM..
doorknocker3 likes this post.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:54 AM   #135
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Anyone else feeling the pinch of time crunch? Every year I say I'm going to do a craft sale project each month so I have stuff done and every year I start crafting like a mad lady in August or September for sales starting in October. Crazy! Right now I have gift card holders done (but still need some more) and tags. I have magnets and key fobs and some other various stuff from last year. My list of what I have to do yet is crazy long. And of course i will see something so incredibly darling at the last minute that I will want to add it to my table! Arghhh. And I'm looking for more venues to sell at too. I'll be crafting when I get home from work tonight (and every night this week! Weekends too). What a life.
Same here I have some projects finished, some mid way and some yet to be started. I'm slowly getting into panic mode!!! God help my hubby
cookie1031 likes this post.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:41 AM   #136
Pearl-ExPert

I have a few things to add to my new gift card holders and they are done - hopefully that will happen tonight. Then clean up space (again!) and start on jars. I bought some cute small mason type jars and other little jars from Michael's and they need to get done. Hopefully they won't take too long.

My goal is to use up things that I bought to alter for craft fairs but never got around to it. I sometimes spend more money than I need to for craft fairs.

I cleaned out a cupboard and found about 50 large size composition notebooks. Really? Who needs that many. They don't really sell well at my sales but I'll do some of those up too if I have time, otherwise they are going to a school or something. I need the space. Too much craft stuff in my house!

MY GALLERY
Old 10-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #137
Rubber Obsessor

Default Craft show time crunch

I'm feeling panicky too!!!! Finished 3 more craft show projects yesterday. Pulled out my list of remaining items and had to cross off a few and put them on next years list. Time sure does fly this time of year.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #138
Glitter Guru

Send a message via AIM to kspiv

Quote:

That's definitely a good deal with the free shipping. I just had my heart set on the ones that had the peppermint stick showing some at the top and that were in the clear packaging. From the looks of those from other sites, they are completely chocolate dipped and I wanted something someone could hang on to and use as a "stir stick" in their hot cocoa.

I am having a hard time (besides oriental trading company & the bogdon site) of locating those specific kind. Many places are out of stock on those. Amazon has some but it's bulk...like 120 sticks for $42 but free shipping. I don't need that many!!
Old 10-02-2013, 08:15 PM   #139
Matboard Maniac

kspiv,
on the site, search for Bogdon's and the ones you want will come up with some others. I searched it just a few minutes ago and 92 ct. was $ 19.90, and I did not order them, but I think the shipping is probably still free. I love them and so do my kids, but I am not going to be able to do the one craft fair I do each season due to family illnesses, so I am not ordering them. Good price, though!
kspiv likes this post.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:45 AM   #140
Die Cut Diva

Well as you guys are all posting, I'm crafting like the wind since I only have a little over a week left for the craft faire that I'm participating in (October 12th). I will post a photo of the tootsie pop holder I made. And scmagnolia, Carole, the way I made them you can personalize for any occassion. I'll do it when I get home tonight.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:46 AM   #141
Die Cut Diva

These are not mine, but they look like this but with my own designs. I searched tootsie pop holders here and found the exact item. I'll still take a photo of the different ones I made.
Attached Thumbnails
pops.jpg  
buggainok, deansgal and sc magnolia like this post.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #142
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
These are not mine, but they look like this but with my own designs. I searched tootsie pop holders here and found the exact item. I'll still take a photo of the different ones I made.
Those are very cute, and fancier than the ones I made quickly for my show. Yours look kind of like a little "matchbox" shape. I like that they can stand up. Mine were flat and had to lay in a tray.

Old 10-03-2013, 01:50 PM   #143
Die Cut Diva

these were also very easy to make. 7x2" cardstock scored at 2 1/8, 3 3/8, 5 1/2, and 6 1/4. punch a hole between the 5 1/2 and 6 1/4 scores (I used my crop-a-dile) and just decorate the front of each. I also stamped a sentiment on the backs but no need to do that. and finish with a bow (or in my case a knot - i can't tie a bow to save my life)

I'll be posting details on my blog later tonight.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:14 PM   #144
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
these were also very easy to make. 7x2" cardstock scored at 2 1/8, 3 3/8, 5 1/2, and 6 1/4. punch a hole between the 5 1/2 and 6 1/4 scores (I used my crop-a-dile) and just decorate the front of each. I also stamped a sentiment on the backs but no need to do that. and finish with a bow (or in my case a knot - i can't tie a bow to save my life)

I'll be posting details on my blog later tonight.
Thanks for the measurements. Those are really nifty holders. If I was doing a show, I would be very busy making lots of them.

I may make some just for my family with a Christmas theme, and set out for the grandkids on Christmas eve.

Old 10-03-2013, 04:17 PM   #145
Rubber Obsessor

Default Peppermint Sticks

Hey Guys...I don't know if this is what your looking for....but I just found peppermint sticks dipped in chocolate with the top of the peppermint stick showing on Oriental Trading. 68 pieces for 10.50.
NancyL2648, darco and kspiv like this post.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:33 PM   #146
Die Cut Diva

More info on my blog, but here's a photo:
Attached Thumbnails
056.jpg  
NancyL2648, jennscraft, buggainok and 4 others like this post.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #147
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Just the cutest ever. Hope you made a bunch, cause you will sell out!

Old 10-04-2013, 05:28 AM   #148

Quote:
Just adorable! Thanks so much for sharing the measurements! How much will you sell them for?
Old 10-04-2013, 05:57 AM   #149

I need help y'all!

I am going to make these but how much would I sell them for??
Inking Idaho: A Box For The Snowmen

I thought I would include the box but hubby said nah just have them available.

I ordered the tea lights from Walmart 36 for 15.95. They ship for free to your local store.
jennscraft, doorknocker3 and Craf-T-Bear like this post.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:09 AM   #150
Pearl-ExPert

Those suckers are very cute. Thanks for the instructions on making them. Although I do NOT need another project to get me sidetracked. Happens every year.

Carole - I did those boxes last year on my last two sales and I didn't sell any. I had $5 on them with the light. Maybe that was too high but It all was a bit of work to do. I wonder if the lights themselves would have sold better without the box. I may try that this year cause I think those lights are so cute.

I did birthday candle with a card one year with those lights, sold those for $5 and I sold all I made.

This year I think (time is the thing here!) I'm going to do some lights with the perfectly preserved die from SU - little jars. I saw on a blog where they made a little box that the jars went on, punched a hole in the cars and set the tea light in the box so it glowed out the window on the jar. Very cute - I'm making the nugget ones as well with that die.

Last night I got my one style of little jars done. Will start on the next style of jars this weekend.

MY GALLERY
Old 10-04-2013, 07:53 AM   #151

Quote:

I did birthday candle with a card one year with those lights, sold those for $5 and I sold all I made.
I've seen the box for bday on the tutorial section. Is that what you are talking about?
Old 10-04-2013, 09:00 AM   #152
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
These are so cute!! I do not need another project to add to my ever growing list!!

How much are you planning to sell them for?
Old 10-04-2013, 09:02 AM   #153
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
I need help y'all!

I ordered the tea lights from Walmart 36 for 15.95. They ship for free to your local store.
They are adorable!!
If I were a customer then I would like it if it were priced between $2-$3.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:47 AM   #154
Die Cut Diva

Usually when I make embellished treats, I sell them for $2 each or 3 for $5. What do you think?

Carole, those snowman boxes/lights are adorable! I would think $3 would be a right price - maybe $4. Since they are a novilty gift.

The thing about craft fairs is you just never know what's going to sell. One event you may not sell one but bring it to the next one and you sell out.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:43 AM   #155
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
I've seen the box for bday on the tutorial section. Is that what you are talking about?

The birthday candles weren't in a box, but I did see something after for that. It was a tea light with paper on it, buttons or jewels for candles or 'cake' embellishments and then a card with it that used the same paper as the candle. I think I have some in my gallery.

MY GALLERY
Old 10-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #156
Rubber Obsessor

Default Snowmen

Quote:
I need help y'all!

Carole I made these last year without a box and priced them at 3.50. I thought they were sooo cute and I made 50 of them thin
king they would really sell...sold about 6. I am going to lower the price this year to 2.00.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #157
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
Carole I made these last year without a box and priced them at 3.50. I thought they were sooo cute and I made 50 of them thin
king they would really sell...sold about 6. I am going to lower the price this year to 2.00.

The 6 were sold between 4 different craft shows. I packaged them in a clear cello with a bow and cute label. There's a pic in my gallery.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:23 PM   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
The 6 were sold between 4 different craft shows. I packaged them in a clear cello with a bow and cute label. There's a pic in my gallery.
Wow, I think yours are adorable too! I'm surprised they didn't sell. You know I was thinking this morning as I put the first one together if people would wonder what to do with them. Like are they an ornament, a night light for a kiddo. Just what would you do with them? I don't know, I just thought they were cute! I think I need to come up with a list of what you do with them so that I can market them ya know? I think 2.50 or 3.00 with the box.

I will make half of the lights into snowmen and half into birthday cakes.

Gift for kids
For co-workers to brighten up a desk
Great to cheer up someone in a nursing home or hospital
Old 10-04-2013, 09:45 PM   #159
Die Cut Diva

Knox I just checked out your gallery. Everything is so adorable! Love!!
Old 10-05-2013, 08:25 AM   #160
Glitter Guru

Quote:
I need help y'all!

I made those last year, put a magnet on the back, put them in a cello bag with a simple topper and sold them for $2.50. Sold all of them, at least 50 of the snowmen and made reindeer ones too.
kspiv likes this post.