Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree565Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-09-2013, 08:12 AM   #801
Insane Embellisher

Without going through each post again, I would guess that food items (chocolate) probably topped the list for most sold items for each of you. It's always interesting to look back after all sales to see the whole picture. If you did the same venue last year, did the same items sell as well.i am enjoying reading about all your sales, while taking a hiatus I still like to keep on top of things. Well off I go to finish up my wine tags.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-09-2013, 08:14 AM   #802
Glitter Guru

Send a message via AIM to kspiv

My last show was Saturday...glad it's over. Although I don't do nearly as many as some of you!! I only do a 2 day in early Nov. and this one day one, the first Saturday in Dec. It was very cold but we didn't have bad weather either but it is usually a'bustle first thing in the morning with the school's cookie walk and then everyone goes around to booths, but it started a little slower and then was steady most of the day. by mid morning I was thinking "eh, I don't know if I'll do as well this year". I had set a goal of $400. The booth space is only $25 and I have done well at this show for the last several years. When I got home and counted da money, I was very surprised!! Did nearly $800 in sales. I just never know and am always surprised when I think I am doing so so and then get home and count the money.

Things that sold well....
Mini Candy Bar Treats - Sleeves of the mini candy bars wrapped in paper and in the pretzel bag sleeves. I do 7 mini candy bars and sell them $3 each or 4 for $10. I allow my $3 each or 4 for $10 to mix n match, which always makes a big difference because people like to get different things.
Hot Chocolate Treats with the choc. dipped wooden spoons - Didn't sell them all but I had made 40 of them so wasn't sure I would sell them all.
Nuggets treats - sleeves of 5 wrapped nuggets - didn't have a lot of these and didn't sell them all but they did ok
whisks with kisses - made 8, sold all 8
Beverage Lover's Mugs - $ store mug filled with 2 hot chocolate packets, mini marshmallows, candy cane, 2 tea bags, 2 folders instant coffee packets. Made a matching coaster out of old wool sweater and packaged it all up cute. Made 6, sold 6
Snack Packs - made 2 different kinds of these. I have the clear card boxes and made up some in these and I had the brown box bag type of things from SU I got a few years ago when they were on major clearance and made those up. Each box contained a microwave popcorn, hot chocolate packet, a test tube of the mallow bits, a candy cane and 2 mini candy bars. All of the items are wrapped in paper. Had 18 of these and sold 16.
Pop Rock treats - Individual packets of candy cane flavored pop rocks that I made sleeves for and a cute tag that says "hope your Christmas ROCKS" or "hope your holidays ROCK". Made 12, sold 12

Things that didn't sell that I thought would....
Meaning of the Candy Cane treats - has the religious poem about the candy cane.
Grinch Pill Pillow Boxes
Suckers - thought they were really cute. Sold most of the Santas but only 1 of the snowmen? And I thought the Snowmen were adorable! Oh well, live and learn. I will just make simpler ones that I charge less for. I only had 16 of these anyway. Think I sold about 8 of them.
Peppermint Patties - didn't sell these like I did in the past couple of years. Guess everyone who bought them last year switched to the mini candy bars this year.
Full sized hershey bars - switched to the new 3-D candy bar covers. Made 98 of them and still have several left...not sure exactly how many but maybe close to 30. I was going to count and see. May have to go back to the simpler snowmen, or maybe people are just burned out on them or maybe a little higher price point wasn't good for them.

I was surprised by the fact that I didn't sell much of my "non-food" items at this craft fair. I had made up a bunch of cute calendar items and didn't hardly sell any on Saturday. I even reordered calendars for this show. I guess I will just take the calendars off and buy new calendars next year and redo them for the Nov. show, where people seem to buy the "non-food" items more.

Glad everyone else had a great weekend too and I am glad I am done for the season!! Off to eat some dang Hershey Bars!! =( LOL
wendykins, jennscraft and deansgal like this post.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:30 AM   #803
Embossing Fanatic

Default Done for the Season

Congrats to all on their sales this week - sounds like many had good sales

I had my last craft fair this weekend (a 2-day one that I did for the first time). I'm so glad to be done!!! This is the first year that I've done 3 and I'm pooped . But it went very well, this one having the lowest booth fee of the 3 and being the longest (the other 2 were 1 day). I made over $400, so I'm excited !
Best sellers for me were:
Nugget Purses (sold 143 of those), 418 over the 3 fairs
Peppermint Patty faces (sold 110), 287 among the 3 fairs
M&M sticks
Reindeer Lollipops
Cocoa sliders - 135 total among the 3 fairs
Hershey Kiss Trees
Paper Clip bookmarks (should have made regular ones for adults, had many requests for those, so I'll make them next year)
Cards- I was very surprised by cards this year - sold 84 all together. I've been doing craft fairs for 6 years now and have never sold that many but had a lot of people interested this year.

I noticed a lot of people who were coming were looking for stocking stuffers, teacher's gifts, volunteer gifts, neighborhood children gifts. Had requests for more Thank You type gifts, will keep this in mind for next year.

All in all, I'm very happy with the sales from this year. It has taught me that I need to make a schedule for making things, so I don't rush like I did this year (let's see if I actually act on it or not). Thank you all for your inspiration on this site. All the comments on pricing and ideas for crafts and what works at different fairs has been a huge help. Good luck to those who still have fairs coming up!
kspiv and deansgal like this post.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:38 AM   #804
Embossing Fanatic

[QUOTE=kspiv;20446880]My last show was Saturday...glad it's over. Although I don't do nearly as many as some of you!! I only do a 2 day in early Nov. and this one day one, the first Saturday in Dec. It was very cold but we didn't have bad weather either but it is usually a'bustle first thing in the morning with the school's cookie walk and then everyone goes around to booths, but it started a little slower and then was steady most of the day. by mid morning I was thinking "eh, I don't know if I'll do as well this year". I had set a goal of $400. The booth space is only $25 and I have done well at this show for the last several years. When I got home and counted da money, I was very surprised!! Did nearly $800 in sales. I just never know and am always surprised when I think I am doing so so and then get home and count the money.

WOW!!! Congrats on the great sales. Your items looked really cute, very nice work
kspiv likes this post.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:04 AM   #805
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennscraft View Post

I had my last craft fair this weekend (a 2-day one that I did for the first time). I'm so glad to be done!!! This is the first year that I've done 3 and I'm pooped . But it went very well, this one having the lowest booth fee of the 3 and being the longest (the other 2 were 1 day). I made over $400, so I'm excited !
M&M sticks
Reindeer Lollipops
Hershey Kiss Trees
Paper Clip bookmarks (should have made regular ones for adults, had many requests for those, so I'll make them next year)
Cards- I was very surprised by cards this year - sold 84 all together. I've been doing craft fairs for 6 years now and have never sold that many but had a lot of people interested this year.

I noticed a lot of people who were coming were looking for stocking stuffers, teacher's gifts, volunteer gifts, neighborhood children gifts. Had requests for more Thank You type gifts, will keep this in mind for next year.

All in all, I'm very happy with the sales from this year. It has taught me that I need to make a schedule for making things, so I don't rush like I did this year (let's see if I actually act on it or not). Thank you all for your inspiration on this site. All the comments on pricing and ideas for crafts and what works at different fairs has been a huge help. Good luck to those who still have fairs coming up!
Sounds like you did great. Would you mind sharing what your peppermint faces, reindeer lollipops and paperclip bookmarks look like? Where most of your card sales Christmas cards? What did you ask for your cards....I rarely sell any cards.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #806
Rubber Obsessor

[QUOTE=jennscraft;20446911]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kspiv View Post
My last show was Saturday...glad it's over. Although I don't do nearly as many as some of you!! I only do a 2 day in early Nov. and this one day one, the first Saturday in Dec. It was very cold but we didn't have bad weather either but it is usually a'bustle first thing in the morning with the school's cookie walk and then everyone goes around to booths, but it started a little slower and then was steady most of the day. by mid morning I was thinking "eh, I don't know if I'll do as well this year". I had set a goal of $400. The booth space is only $25 and I have done well at this show for the last several years. When I got home and counted da money, I was very surprised!! Did nearly $800 in sales. I just never know and am always surprised when I think I am doing so so and then get home and count the money.

WOW!!! Congrats on the great sales. Your items looked really cute, very nice work

Hip Hip Hooray!
kspiv likes this post.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:17 AM   #807
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
Sounds like you did great. Would you mind sharing what your peppermint faces, reindeer lollipops and paperclip bookmarks look like? Where most of your card sales Christmas cards? What did you ask for your cards....I rarely sell any cards.
Here a few of the patty faces that I took pics of. I also had a snowman and penguin. Cards that mostly sold were all occasion, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Some I sell $2.50 or 3 for $6.00, some $3.50 or 3 for $10. What helped as well, is I had requests for classes and stamp camps, so that will help outside of holiday season.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:21 AM   #808
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Here a few of the patty faces that I took pics of. I also had a snowman and penguin. Cards that mostly sold were all occasion, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Some I sell $2.50 or 3 for $6.00, some $3.50 or 3 for $10. What helped as well, is I had requests for classes and stamp camps, so that will help outside of holiday season.
Sorry, helps if I include the pics cam00039.jpg

cam00056.jpg

cam00041.jpg

cam00076.jpg
wendykins, dillyb5 and kspiv like this post.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:30 AM   #809
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
I have seen paperclips similar to these...but yours are really nice. How do you attach the items to the clips and do you put a back on them? Is it hard to actually use them?
Old 12-09-2013, 09:38 AM   #810
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
I have seen paperclips similar to these...but yours are really nice. How do you attach the items to the clips and do you put a back on them? Is it hard to actually use them?
I use E6000, an industrial strength liquid adhesive you can get at most craft/hobby stores. I do put a back on it (cardstock punched to match the body/head shape), makes it stronger and look nicer. My 9 year old loves using these. I prefer old-fashioned bookmarks myself. A lot of people who bought them were giving them to kids.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:49 AM   #811
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc magnolia View Post
Y'all were right, you have to love doing it because you do not make enough money to get what your time is worth.
Yes that is so true! It is true for each of my craft fairs I do them in the hope that one day I'll figure it all out
jennscraft, kspiv and deansgal like this post.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #812
Insane Embellisher

Default 2013 craft sale best sellers

Quote:

M&M sticks
Reindeer Lollipops
Hershey Kiss Trees

Thanks for the great detailed report. Your work is lovely and obviously people appreciated the detail. As for your not rushing next year....well it is a nice thought but we all seem to get caught rushing especially if we have a huge response to an item, and do the mad scramble of making more the night before our next show...it's a curse I tell ya. I used to start right in January with non perishables. Thanks again really nice items.
jennscraft and kspiv like this post.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #813
Pearl-ExPert

Good job on all the sales people! And thanks for sharing what sold and what didn't.

I have my last one this weekend at a friend's house - I haven't made much new stuff, but I have lots of left overs. Will try to make some hershey trees for it.

Knox - I love that dog baggie idea - where did you get the baggies from? That's something different and fun (if poop and not the fake poop can be fun that is!).

MY GALLERY
Old 12-09-2013, 11:43 AM   #814
Glitter Guru

jennscraft.....
CA-UTE!!! Everything is so adorable!
jennscraft likes this post.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:49 AM   #815
Glitter Guru

One of the things I have done that has shortened my production time and what I have felt that has made things more profitable is to buy or make myself things like the tags I put on some of the treats instead of doing hand stamped ones. In the past, I had stamped each tag and realized how danged time consuming that is. Especially on candy treats that people are going to just be throwing away the packaging. And same for the peppermint patty treats and other stuff. I have bought round images or used things on my old Printmaster program. I also began buying some of the cheaper Christmas paper and not always using SU DSP. And I buy those big paper stacks when they are at least half off. Actually the thinner paper is easier to cover candy with anyway and I don't have to think..."ooh, do I really want to use that expensive paper?!"
smriti likes this post.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:24 PM   #816
Rubber Obsessor

Default Poop Bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrussom View Post
Good job on all the sales people! And thanks for sharing what sold and what didn't.

I have my last one this weekend at a friend's house - I haven't made much new stuff, but I have lots of left overs. Will try to make some hershey trees for it.

Knox - I love that dog baggie idea - where did you get the baggies from? That's something different and fun (if poop and not the fake poop can be fun that is!).
I bought them at Petco. Received an email 30% off and free shipping. They are packaged like a Christmas Tree....I hated to take them apart.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #817
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
I did my last craft show for the season yesterday. This was the first year I did this show and I will do it again next year. I wasn't my best show but I did good.
I hurried and made up a few new items and I was so glad I did....sold out of all three. Someone ask me what I did with the leftover glove after I cut all the fingers out for my snowman hugs. I have been trying to come up with something for the past two years(I have allot of gloves left over) and here's what I finally made. I made them for dog and cats and sold out of what I made(only 12 because I was just testing them for next year). Also had fingers leftover...snowman hugs why not doggie hugs...I made 40 of these and sold out. I know if I had more I would have sold them. So they are definitely going on my list for next year. Something else I've had an idea for but haven't been able to find the right Christmas bags. Well I found them and came up with bags for your doggies Yule Logs. Everyone not only commented on them but bought them. I sold about 30 of them and these are also going on my list for next year. So all in all a good show. Now I'll get my craft room back in order, take a break and enjoy the holidays, start buying my items for next years show at the after Christmas sales and slowly start preparing for next years shows. Here's pics of my new items.
I also made more We tiss-ue a Merry Chrstmas since I sold out my last two shows...but didn't sell one at this show. And I found some little snowman, santa and reindeer rulers and made them up snowman rules, santa rules and snowmen rule.......made about 50 and didn't sell 1. Go figure. You never know. Hope everyone had good shows. Inside watching it snow, watching football and relaxing today.
hi
What is in the doggie yule logs? Would so like to do them for next year if you don't mind me stealing your idea.
Linda
Old 12-09-2013, 01:28 PM   #818
Insane Embellisher

Default 2013 craft sale best sellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kspiv View Post
One of the things I have done that has shortened my production time and what I have felt that has made things more profitable is to buy or make myself things like the tags I put on some of the treats instead of doing hand stamped ones. In the past, I had stamped each tag and realized how danged time consuming that is. Especially on candy treats that people are going to just be throwing away the packaging. And same for the peppermint patty treats and other stuff. I have bought round images or used things on my old Printmaster program. I also began buying some of the cheaper Christmas paper and not always using SU DSP. And I buy those big paper stacks when they are at least half off. Actually the thinner paper is easier to cover candy with anyway and I don't have to think..."ooh, do I really want to use that expensive paper?!"
Here is a little tip for wrapping those nuggets? Target usually has some lovely foil paper in their dollar bins and the back is usually silver so you can use both sides. Sometimes if the paper is multi striped you can cut the paper at different places to get a different looking stripe. I got some really nice paper last year for example for Valentine treat class I taught. One little dollar role goes a long way and they are so nice to wrap with. Try it...you 'll like it.
kspiv likes this post.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:28 PM   #819
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by canada goose View Post
Without going through each post again, I would guess that food items (chocolate) probably topped the list for most sold items for each of you. It's always interesting to look back after all sales to see the whole picture. If you did the same venue last year, did the same items sell as well.i am enjoying reading about all your sales, while taking a hiatus I still like to keep on top of things. Well off I go to finish up my wine tags.
Definitely M&M sticks were the big seller, along with tea lights and anything that held a gift card! And yes pretty much the same as last year, so....I guess until they stop being good sellers I will continue to make them, although I do add a new design or two each year.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #820
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinD View Post
hi
What is in the doggie yule logs? Would so like to do them for next year if you don't mind me stealing your idea.
Linda
They are doggie dodo bags.....hence the Yule Logs.....
Old 12-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #821
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendykins View Post
Definitely M&M sticks were the big seller, along with tea lights and anything that held a gift card! And yes pretty much the same as last year, so....I guess until they stop being good sellers I will continue to make them, although I do add a new design or two each year.

Seems like allot of us make the M&M sticks except for me. Are you using the 1x8 bags? I started making them and I thought it is going to take forever to get these little guys in this bag. The bag kept collapsing, bending over, etc etc.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #822
Compulsive Stamper

It seems like things just vary so much from show to show! I sold quite a few corner bookmarks at a show in Oct. and not one this time around!

Chipboard Post-It holders and binder clip calendars did okay. Last year mini albums did well and this year I sold 1. Mini Hershey bar and popcorn snowmen did okay, but not great.

What I found was funny is that I had mixed treat bags (cocoa, popcorn, peppermint patties) packaged nicely and all morning long, people looked but did not buy. One lady picked one up and looked at it and then put it back down. Another lady saw her pick it up and as soon as she put it down, she picked it up and bought 4. The other lady scooped up the remainder that were on my table and another lady started asking if I had more. Lol. It's funny how "limited supply" can create a frenzy! I think I need to pay someone to hang around my table and pretend to purchase!
smriti and kspiv like this post.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #823
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Seems like allot of us make the M&M sticks except for me. Are you using the 1x8 bags? I started making them and I thought it is going to take forever to get these little guys in this bag. The bag kept collapsing, bending over, etc etc.
I used the 1x8 bags. What I do is put 4 or 5 in to begin with, then use a straw to straighten them out on the bottom (pushing them down onto each other). Then I add in one at a time. I only made these for the first time this past weekend and was able to fill out 35 in very little time. Hope that helps!
Old 12-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #824
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
I used the 1x8 bags. What I do is put 4 or 5 in to begin with, then use a straw to straighten them out on the bottom (pushing them down onto each other). Then I add in one at a time. I only made these for the first time this past weekend and was able to fill out 35 in very little time. Hope that helps!
Thanks for the tips....I'll try them again for next year.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:12 PM   #825
Glitter Guru

Quote:

I do use the 1x8 bags....with lots of practice I have learned how to hold the bags and fill quite quickly. I pop the top open and hold the bag close to the top and add about five before it just flows.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:30 PM   #826
Insane Embellisher

Congrats to all on the good shows!

I have my last one this Saturday and am hoping to sell the remaining food items.
This year, I tried Santa wrappers in addition to the snowmen. Thought they would be popular but people almost always chose the snowmen. I am now sold out of snowmen and have LOTS of Santa left, so hopefully they will go. I have never done a show this late in December and am hoping people and really starting to shop for the stockings!
The good thing about chocolate bar wrappers is that the bars easily slide out the bottom so wrappers can be reused next year
kspiv likes this post.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:54 PM   #827
FiP
Matboard Maniac

I participated in 3 market stalls this year and made about $300 in total. I've just finished a 3 1/2 day combined craft and garage sale with my friend and almost doubled that figure (plus a couple of hundred for the garage sale stuff). It was at her parents house, so no fees involved. So I'm really pleased!! I have an inventory of over 100 different things, prob no more than 20ish of any one type, sometimes only a handful. My 2 food related items involve Ferrero Rochers and mini M&M's. Being in Australia, I find it hard to sell food-related gifts and still make a profit. I did well at a 'hand-made only' market last year, but that was their last event, and all the others of that type charge about $100 or more to have a stall. I rarely sell $100 worth, so I haven't taken the leap of faith to book with them. I would double my prices on nearly everything if I did attend!! We surely do it for the love of crafting, certainly not to make a living!!
Old 12-09-2013, 06:20 PM   #828
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
I do use the 1x8 bags....with lots of practice I have learned how to hold the bags and fill quite quickly. I pop the top open and hold the bag close to the top and add about five before it just flows.
Mine turned into larger bags of elf food. I guess I need more patience.
wendykins likes this post.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:28 AM   #829
Pearl-ExPert

When I read these threads I thought you were using the 1x8 bags for the dog poo! I was trying to figure out how people could use them for their dog's waste. Now I get it!

So Knox - do you use one roll of the bags per bag that you sell. I looked on line, they had 14 rolled bags (10 to a roll I think) that was made into a Christmas tree. So I assume you just take one of the rolled bags for the bag you sell. Its a cute idea. I never have dog/cat items but maybe I will have to do something like this next year.

If you use one roll that's about $1 for the bags. How much do you sell them for?

MY GALLERY
Old 12-10-2013, 08:09 AM   #830
Insane Embellisher

Here is a question for you. We all know with the net and Pinterest many ideas are made for craft sales. How many years do you keep making an item, when so many others are making the same thing? If I had something that was really hot, I used to make a lot for the first two years then when it cam to year three I had to think about it. As well every year I always had a couple of new ideas, because I had a lot of regular customers who would come to several sales. This is where I always got the comment " your things are so different", I think because I did not continue to make the same thing year after year. what I am saying is that for me 2 years was usually the most for "big" sales for a particular item. Going to a new venue did not guarantee that that item had not been popular there the year before. It seems we also have to have a bit of luck as well as being part Fortune Teller to know what to produce for the next year.

Anyway that was my reasoning for what I make to sell.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:24 AM   #831
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Here is a question for you. We all know with the net and Pinterest many ideas are made for craft sales. How many years do you keep making an item, when so many others are making the same thing? If I had something that was really hot, I used to make a lot for the first two years then when it cam to year three I had to think about it. As well every year I always had a couple of new ideas, because I had a lot of regular customers who would come to several sales. This is where I always got the comment " your things are so different", I think because I did not continue to make the same thing year after year. what I am saying is that for me 2 years was usually the most for "big" sales for a particular item. Going to a new venue did not guarantee that that item had not been popular there the year before. It seems we also have to have a bit of luck as well as being part Fortune Teller to know what to produce for the next year.

Anyway that was my reasoning for what I make to sell.
Good question!
I have made snowman soups every year, every show for 4 years. This year I didnt sell nearly as many of them. In part i think it was the set up, I had hurt my back and needed assistance in the set up, and my hubby isnt a good listener. I usually have them front and center where kids could see them, and I didnt realize until later on he had them on the top shelf, barely in sight. At least that is what I am thinking anyway. I always try to do new things, as I too have repeat customers. One lady buys little items for her place setting for Christmas. usually it's a $1.50 item but she gets at least 12. This year she picked an item that was $3 each, she bought 10 the first day, and another 5 the second day. $45 on chocolate kisses!!! They were the Hershey Kiss trees that I found on Qbee's Quest. I kind of felt bad charging her so much money, but she said "I am happy to pay that much, because now I dont have to make it myself!" Anyway, I try to switch it up a bit each year. I will still carry the items that do well each year, and I will keep doing something new as well.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:56 AM   #832
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrussom View Post
When I read these threads I thought you were using the 1x8 bags for the dog poo! I was trying to figure out how people could use them for their dog's waste. Now I get it!

So Knox - do you use one roll of the bags per bag that you sell. I looked on line, they had 14 rolled bags (10 to a roll I think) that was made into a Christmas tree. So I assume you just take one of the rolled bags for the bag you sell. Its a cute idea. I never have dog/cat items but maybe I will have to do something like this next year.

If you use one roll that's about $1 for the bags. How much do you sell them for?
I charged 2.00. This was the first show I had sold them and wanted to see how they went and to hear the comments everyone was making. They sold very well and I heard allot of good comments and chuckles. Will probably up the price a little next year. I live in an area where higher priced would not sell.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:43 AM   #833
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks Knox - I have to play with prices here too. Sometimes depends on the venue I'm at. Thanks for the info.

MY GALLERY
Old 12-11-2013, 12:42 AM   #834
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
How many years do you keep making an item, when so many others are making the same thing?
My most popular items I will make less and less each year in a cycle of 2-3 years. For example, this year, I still made my altered gum packs but made only 40 of them when my first year I made 200. Next year, I will take a break from them.

Some items I do every year, but change the design - like hot chocolate. Last year, I did packets with mint sticks, and this year I did the hot chocolate cones. People still want to buy hot chocolate every year but if it looks different, they will buy it from me every year!
wendykins, jennscraft and kspiv like this post.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:01 AM   #835
Kookie Creator

I'm so happy! I brought my items into work and set a small table up in the kitchen (with permission of course) and have sold $200 already! Yippee!

I, too, usually change out what I am making each year, especially for sales I go to every year. I do make the candy sticks each year, but with a different topper. For new sales I will make what I made for my old sales that were popular. I will have to try the chocolate cones as the snowman soup I made this year is not as popular as it has been.

My sometimes neglected blog
jennscraft and kspiv like this post.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:33 PM   #836
Insane Embellisher

I usually send my food items to work with my hubby at the end of the year. People at his work tell me they are always excited to see the box each year. LOL

I might try my job this year. People ask me to bring some things in but I have sooo many things that it is hard to do.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:11 PM   #837
Rubber Obsessor

Default M&m sticks

Quote:
It takes me too long to get m&ms in bags and too often the bag splits! Any tips? I usually wear plastic food handlers gloves while filling the bags.
Old 12-15-2013, 03:32 AM   #838
Glitter Guru

Well my last show was supposed to be yesterday, but due to circumstances out of my control and no sleep, I was unable to go
So I am taking all my M&M sticks down to the senior center and giving them to the director for table gifts for their holiday dinner. The rest of the items are all non candy so will be used for gifts or put away for next year....onto crafting for my March show! Bring on the Easter bunnies and pastels!
Old 12-15-2013, 12:38 PM   #839
Polyshrink Goddess

I haven't tried the M&M sticks. Most of the candy items I sell are factory wrapped. Maybe I will try them next year.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:40 PM   #840
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Well my last show was supposed to be yesterday, but due to circumstances out of my control and no sleep, I was unable to go
So I am taking all my M&M sticks down to the senior center and giving them to the director for table gifts for their holiday dinner. The rest of the items are all non candy so will be used for gifts or put away for next year....onto crafting for my March show! Bring on the Easter bunnies and pastels!
Wendykins, I signed up for a show in March my son's Boy Scout troop is hosting. I have never done a Spring show. Would you mind sharing some ideas? I am planning on making up sets of cards, and some hair bows, maybe some little candy items, but I don't really know what to do. So any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!!!