Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree565Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-14-2013, 01:18 PM   #601
Glitter Guru

Send a message via AIM to kspiv

Does anyone know if The Paper Studio's Spare Parts wooden spoons are food safe? I bought some since they were half off at Hobby Lobby this week thinking I would use them with some hot chocolate packets for the upcoming craft fair but I did not see anywhere on the package where it said they were food safe. I kinda just assumed "oh, they are wood so they will be fine" LOL Wrong assumption, I am guessing. Does anyone know?
Old 11-14-2013, 01:22 PM   #602
Die Cut Diva

Thanks for your comments regarding the clear bags for when we sell cards. I felt the same way but I haven't sold cards until recently. I'll have to look for a cheap alternative than the ones I am using.

Thanks again.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:56 PM   #603
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrussom View Post
I'm working on the little nugget hugs snowmen - bought face stamps from Peechy Keen Stamps and they are so cute and easy to use for this. Those little guys are adorable once you put the sticker around the nugget (the faces all stamped out on a label sheet is kind of creepy). And then the with their 'hat', they just are adorable. I think I'm going to try to see if I can package them somehow, otherwise I'll sell them individually.

I didn't take pictures when I set up at the last sale. But I will at my next sale and will post some items too. I have to do that for me anyway because I kind of forget what I do or how to do things every year.
I packaged some in a bag with the SU Lineup Snowman stamp on the topper. I put them in a pretzel bag (not easy to do) because that is what I had. Would be better in a wider bag. They fit cute in Altoid tins; three across. I also made my own boxes with an oval window.

in the end, I sold mine for 50 cents individually, and stuck them in a clear bag tied with a ribbon if they requested- 2 per bag without any topper on the bag.
Judi
Judi
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-14-2013, 02:16 PM   #604
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by deansgal View Post
Just added some pictures to my gallery.....tried to put some here, too, but couldn't get it to work. I also have the "teacher rolo pencil" in my gallery from last year....but I did sell a lot of those yesterday too!

check out my pics and let me know what you think!
I found rolos to be quite expensive. So I bought them in a big bag, and lined them up on tin foil and wrapped them. then I added my paper wrapper. The big bags are all individually wrapped so you don't have to worry about touching them.

I am making rolo santas. I used the idea from one blog, and the face from two blogs combined. They are turning out pretty cute. I will sell them for $2.00. The candy cost me about 28 cents for each roll. I am using leftover paper, yarn, and material.
Judi
Old 11-14-2013, 02:22 PM   #605
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
I used whoppers and gum balls. I have seen some people use the cherry sour candies which are sold in my local bulk store. I bought gumballs in bulk also, so was able to just pick out the red ones.
I use sour cherries from Kroger. They sell them all over here in Michigan. They are $1.00 a bag. I buy two milk carton boxes of whoppers and one bag of cherries and it makes more than 32 packs of Reindeer Noses. It comes out to about 18 cents worth of candy per bag. I sell them for a dollar. I use different stamps for the toppers. One year I used a single reindeer with a red gem for the nose, this year I used the SU Reindeer Line Up stamp on kraft paper. I only color the details- I leave all the deer the kraft color.
Judi
Old 11-14-2013, 03:06 PM   #606
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Check out post 249 by Knox - she has some in her gallery - sixth picture in I think. Just a nugget with a label wrapped face. I think she bought the stamped labels (or a digi link) and I found a rubber stamp to use.

but knox also has super cute Minions in her gallery too that I missed, I think twinkies were used. My grandson (and a friend) just love Minions. They would be fun to make.
Diane,
I printed the same snowman I wrap around a regular bar. I then cut out just the face and scanned it and printed out multiples on a page.
Judi

I have the stamp with the faces so I may need to try that, too.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:30 PM   #607
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorjudi View Post
I use sour cherries from Kroger. They sell them all over here in Michigan. They are $1.00 a bag. I buy two milk carton boxes of whoppers and one bag of cherries and it makes more than 32 packs of Reindeer Noses. It comes out to about 18 cents worth of candy per bag. I sell them for a dollar. I use different stamps for the toppers. One year I used a single reindeer with a red gem for the nose, this year I used the SU Reindeer Line Up stamp on kraft paper. I only color the details- I leave all the deer the kraft color.
Judi
I have been selling mine for $1.50 to $2, depending on the show. I find that men especially will pay higher prices for cute things. lol
Old 11-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #608
Insane Embellisher

This year, I made a Santa wrapper as well as a Snowman one. For the popcorn packs, I find people are buying the snowman one because I attached a poem about a snowman.
Anyone know a cute poem about Santa? Maybe if I attach something, they will gain in popularity also!
Old 11-14-2013, 05:59 PM   #609
Rubber Obsessor

Default Team Labels

Quote:
Thanks Knox! I think they are so cute. There is a block snowman in the Splitcoast home page (its their holiday projects that are going on right now) and that's how they built their snowman (but with a top). I'll have to keep that in mind for next year. Cute Cute Cute

And thanks for the team labels - I think I'll check that out too. yeah every time I use my color printer I'm out of ink because I use it so rarely. So I just stopped using it (and now the printer isn't working very well anyway). Ink is really pricey. I'd rather just color in the images if I can find things in black adn white.
Must just be me but I can't find the team labels that are preprinted. I found bottlecap images and instant downloads. Anyone else having trouble or am I just not patient? Or did Knox buy them all? LOL
Old 11-14-2013, 07:10 PM   #610
Insane Embellisher

How cute is this??!!
2011 October 01 - My Time, My Creations, My Stampendence
Old 11-14-2013, 08:19 PM   #611
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampinrealtor View Post
Must just be me but I can't find the team labels that are preprinted. I found bottlecap images and instant downloads. Anyone else having trouble or am I just not patient? Or did Knox buy them all? LOL
As much money as I spend there, you would think they wouldn't have any left. teehee. Here's the name of the shop....GreatPrint
Old 11-14-2013, 08:47 PM   #612
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
they were in clear bags with odd colored satin ribbons on them in those bins where some things are one dollar and up? ( I did not find them in the M's in the town I live in but, one 80 miles away) I never looked again to see if they had them again...

I have some of those odd flat half a key kinds too but, I think they would work better glued to something, problem is the ones I got are from K&Co. and the stupid paper it was glued to is next to impossible to remove from the keys so, I have never used those...
I have found those keys in the dollar bins at Michael's 3 years in a row. I bought all I could find when they clearanced them out. I also bought some when with a 25% off entire purchase.

I have yet to make my Santa Keys, but i have the keys!
Judi
JBgreendawn likes this post.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:53 PM   #613
Rubber Obsessor

Does anyone else cover candy bars besides Hersheys for the snowmen? I bought Snickers, 3 Musketeers, Milky Way and other Mars varieties because I found them 6/$1.00 with coupons and sale price combined. I even covered M&M's (the Peanut M&M's sold out first!) I sold them for $2.00 at a show in October and they sold really well. All you have to do is cut the hat 5" x 6". The 6" hats are too wide for these candy bars. I also used a glue dot to keep the M&M's in the snowman wrapper.
Judi
Judi
NancyL2648 likes this post.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:43 AM   #614
Rubber Obsessor

Default Snickers

I don't know if I mentioned this or not, but I made the don't snicker at least you got something for my last 2 shows and sold out at both shows. Will be making more for my next show.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:16 AM   #615
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknocker3 View Post
Question for those who sell cards: how do you package the individual cards? Do you put them in a clear bag or leave them? I have some of those clear envelopes that SU! sales so I have my card in there along with an envelope. They fit very nicely and look very nice, but now I've run out of those clear envelopes and now I'm wondering if I should just sell them without the clear holders??? Any comments, suggestions...?
I clear bag everything... because, I spend some time on those cards ( most of them) and so fingerprints or starbucks splatters would tick me off...

I buy mine from clear bags dot com. ( in every size that I make cards in )
MLH1966 and doorknocker3 like this post.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:54 AM   #616
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
I don't know if I mentioned this or not, but I made the don't snicker at least you got something for my last 2 shows and sold out at both shows. Will be making more for my next show.
What are "don't snicker..."? Do you have a picture posted?
Judi
Old 11-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #617
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Does anyone else cover candy bars besides Hersheys for the snowmen? I bought Snickers, 3 Musketeers, Milky Way and other Mars varieties because I found them 6/$1.00 with coupons and sale price combined. I even covered M&M's (the Peanut M&M's sold out first!) I sold them for $2.00 at a show in October and they sold really well. All you have to do is cut the hat 5" x 6". The 6" hats are too wide for these candy bars. I also used a glue dot to keep the M&M's in the snowman wrapper.
Judi
Judi
Yes. I have covered the charity choc bars my dtr sells for cheerleading, and also tall narrow bars we have here in Canada.
Anything will work really.

One year, I got a great deal on large tall lip gloss, covered them with snowman and they sold well.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:51 PM   #618
Rubber Obsessor

Default Team Labels

Quote:
As much money as I spend there, you would think they wouldn't have any left. teehee. Here's the name of the shop....GreatPrint
Thanks for sharing. I would never have found those!!!! I ordered a set this morning. I hope they sell well!
Old 11-16-2013, 03:44 AM   #619
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
What are "don't snicker..."? Do you have a picture posted?
Judi
I need to replenish my stock...I'll try and get some done today and post a pic.

I bag 3 miniture snickers and label them....Don't Snicker, at least you got something.
dillyb5, doorknocker3 and deansgal like this post.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:44 PM   #620
Proud Fan Club Member

I am not doing any craft fairs. I had thought about doing a table at our fall bazaar at work but I did not allow myself enough time. So decided I would do a Honey Ho Ho thing for Halloween and Christmas. We have about 120 employees so that gave me some experience in doing large numbers of the same thing. I wasn't sure if I could actually do that but it was okay once I got started.

I have decided to do Christmas gifts for the grade six class that come to visit too. Still a long way from the numbers that you people produce.

Anyway thanks for the inspiration.

Linda
DianeCraft likes this post.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #621
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindalrd View Post
I am not doing any craft fairs. I had thought about doing a table at our fall bazaar at work but I did not allow myself enough time. So decided I would do a Honey Ho Ho thing for Halloween and Christmas. We have about 120 employees so that gave me some experience in doing large numbers of the same thing. I wasn't sure if I could actually do that but it was okay once I got started.

I have decided to do Christmas gifts for the grade six class that come to visit too. Still a long way from the numbers that you people produce.

Anyway thanks for the inspiration.

Linda
Hi Linda
What is a honey ho ho?
This is a great place for inspiration
Old 11-17-2013, 09:24 PM   #622
Insane Embellisher

I took a chance on a small show this weekend and it turned out awesome. I actually sold more in one day at this show than the single days on the large shows I do. And cheap! Just $35 table.

It is interesting how big sellers change though. I sold a lot of the chocolate bars here and also fairy wands and all my beaded pens are gone. I don't think I have time to make more of those.

I tried a couple ornaments for our local hockey team and they were quickly snapped up. I will be making more of these.
I am thinking of branching out to do some ornaments next year. Anyone made or altered glass ornament balls?
jennscraft likes this post.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:18 AM   #623
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
I took a chance on a small show this weekend and it turned out awesome. I actually sold more in one day at this show than the single days on the large shows I do. And cheap! Just $35 table.

It is interesting how big sellers change though. I sold a lot of the chocolate bars here and also fairy wands and all my beaded pens are gone. I don't think I have time to make more of those.

I tried a couple ornaments for our local hockey team and they were quickly snapped up. I will be making more of these.
I am thinking of branching out to do some ornaments next year. Anyone made or altered glass ornament balls?
Congrats on your show. My best show is a small one at a church.
I am planning on making ornaments next year. The ornaments are for kids...they are called..I spy.... I have everything to make them I just never got around to them. There are a couple other ones that look interesting also. One of the vendors at the last show had the nicest tree to display ornaments. She purchased it at a yard sale. She had 2 other ones she wanted to sell and brought them to my house. I bought one of them(not as nice as hers) but for 5.00 I couldn't pass it up. Do you have any pics of your hockey ornament?
Old 11-18-2013, 08:00 AM   #624
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Hi Linda
What is a honey ho ho?
This is a great place for inspiration
It's just anonymous gifting and I sign mine Honey Ho Ho. It used to be a family thing but we don't get together in the large group anymore. So I just decided it would be a good thing for morale at work.

Linda
Old 11-18-2013, 09:42 AM   #625
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindalrd View Post
It's just anonymous gifting and I sign mine Honey Ho Ho. It used to be a family thing but we don't get together in the large group anymore. So I just decided it would be a good thing for morale at work.

Linda
OK. Like a Secret Santa exchange.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:43 AM   #626
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Congrats on your show. My best show is a small one at a church.
I am planning on making ornaments next year. The ornaments are for kids...they are called..I spy.... I have everything to make them I just never got around to them. There are a couple other ones that look interesting also. One of the vendors at the last show had the nicest tree to display ornaments. She purchased it at a yard sale. She had 2 other ones she wanted to sell and brought them to my house. I bought one of them(not as nice as hers) but for 5.00 I couldn't pass it up. Do you have any pics of your hockey ornament?
I didn't take any! lol
But I will when I make my new ones.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:54 AM   #627
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
OK. Like a Secret Santa exchange.
Sort of except there is no exchange. It's just a surprise.

Linda
Old 11-18-2013, 10:27 AM   #628
Pearl-ExPert

My show last weekend was a bummer - didn't even get my table fees. The traffic was ok but not great. The table next to me selling candles seemed to be doing extremely well. So to me it felt like more generic items were doing better. It was a new show I tried this year. It was not affiliated with any school. I'm beginning to think that my items are best suited for schools. Mostly because parents buy this stuff as stocking stuffers for their kids or as gifts for their teachers, etc.

How about others? Who is the majority of your audience?
Old 11-18-2013, 10:28 AM   #629
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
It is interesting how big sellers change though.
Couldn't agree more with this! I sold just one bookmark at my first fair and almost sold out of them at the second.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:08 PM   #630
Pearl-ExPert

I had two sales a few weeks ago in a weekend - the Sat one was rocking (but it always is). The Sun one was new to me. Not a lot of traffic and what did come through were older people. Some young, but mostly older (Masonic Temple).

I do sell things to older people too, for grandkids stockings and stuff like that, but I think I do better with the under 50 crowd - especially if they have kids in schools or work outside the home - then they buy for teachers, coworkers, kids, whatever.

I think for the older people, I sell more gift card holders than anything.

But maybe there is no real rhyme or reason to things - and maybe its a regional thing too.

MY GALLERY
smriti likes this post.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #631
Rubber Obsessor

Default don't Snicker

Quote:
I need to replenish my stock...I'll try and get some done today and post a pic.

I bag 3 miniture snickers and label them....Don't Snicker, at least you got something.
I was unpacking my craft containers organizing and preparing for next show, making a list and checking it twice to see what I needed to make more of when I ran across a lonely Snicker. It looks a little smashed but here's a pic.
Attached Thumbnails
1118131245.jpg  
jennscraft, dillyb5, LinD and 2 others like this post.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #632
Kookie Creator

Quote:
I was unpacking my craft containers organizing and preparing for next show, making a list and checking it twice to see what I needed to make more of when I ran across a lonely Snicker. It looks a little smashed but here's a pic.
Love it! What do you sell them for?
Old 11-18-2013, 08:15 PM   #633
Insane Embellisher

I rarely sell gift card holders. Although I do have alot on my table so people probably miss them!

The show I was at on the weekend was busy for me. I do find my table usually is busy (even when lower sales). Anyhow, the lady next to me was selling gorgeous cloth bags which she made for gift giving. She did a great job on them, but I don't think she sold one. I felt bad.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:03 AM   #634
Kookie Creator

Both of my sales this weekend were great! Saturday's was one I was at last year and I did way better this year than last year. There was a steady stream of people all day!

Sunday's was new to me but I did well, especially for it being in a small town. There weren't a lot of people going through, but I was the only table that really had stocking stuffer stuff and teacher stuff so it was good.

Again, my popcorn snowmen were a hit and my purse gift card holders. So I am frantically making more of those for my sale on Wednesday (at my work) and Saturday.

I read on someone's blog somewhere (she was giving advice for successful craft sales) to wear pink. It says you are friendly and approachable. So, I have been wearing my pink shirt at every sale. I don't know if that is what is doing it, but so far all of my sales have been great! I don't want to wear another colour just in case it is the pink! lol

Good luck to all who have sales this weekend!

My sometimes neglected blog
JBgreendawn, jennscraft, kspiv and 2 others like this post.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:57 AM   #635
Rubber Obsessor

Default Turkey Feathers

Good morning all! Am making little turkey favor boxes with the petal cone die. Any clues on making the feathers? I used my 2 3/8 scallop punch, but there must be a way to layer the punches to make tail look fuller.

Also, what do you charge for 4 nuggets in cello bags?

Getting nervous for craft fair on Saturday. Made cute little Ready for Santa Kit. The Kit includes Dear Santa Letter (post cards) with matching envelope and pencil, cocoa slider, Santa Magic Key with Poem, candy cane. All placed in a clear bag cello. I'm thinking of charging $6 for each. What do you think?

Thanks, Maria
Old 11-19-2013, 07:07 AM   #636
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Good morning all! Am making little turkey favor boxes with the petal cone die. Any clues on making the feathers? I used my 2 3/8 scallop punch, but there must be a way to layer the punches to make tail look fuller.

Getting nervous for craft fair on Saturday. Made cute little Ready for Santa Kit. The Kit includes Dear Santa Letter (post cards) with matching envelope and pencil, cocoa slider, Santa Magic Key with Poem, candy cane. All placed in a clear bag cello. I'm thinking of charging $6 for each. What do you think?

Thanks, Maria
I am in Canada and I charged $1 for the 4 nuggets in cello bags. I did buy the nuggets in the States, otherwise there was no way I could sell them for that low.

Good luck!

My sometimes neglected blog
Old 11-19-2013, 07:50 AM   #637
Glitter Guru

Send a message via AIM to kspiv

Sandra...I read that same blog post about wearing pink! LOL I wear black and white usually, because my colors for my "identity" & table are white, black and green so I like to match. Wonder if I should wear a pink shirt at my December show?!
Old 11-19-2013, 09:25 AM   #638
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Thanks, Maria
These sound cute....do you have any pics you can share?
I think 6.00 sounds good. I sell something similar but allot more simpler than what you put together...I charged 3.00 and almost sold out.
Good Luck.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #639
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeteens View Post
I don't want to wear another colour just in case it is the pink! lol
LOL
Old 11-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #640
Rubber Obsessor

Default Don't snicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by deansgal View Post
Love it! What do you sell them for?
1.50 but I think I could have ask more.
deansgal likes this post.