Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree547Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-31-2013, 03:39 AM   #441
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
I haven't decided on the price yet. I am not good in pricing cards. I probably change the price sticker at least 3 times before I settle on something. Between 2.00 and 3.00. Any thoughts?

I like the price $3 each or 4/$10. It's in the range you were thinking, and might encourage shoppers to go for the discount. Plus it's easier to make change.

It's funny, I just bought a bag of those patties at Dollar Tree. Mine are wrapped the same, also in a bag labelled Landmark Confections but the patties do not say Palmer's on them. I thought they tasted pretty good though! I usually do not care for Palmer's chocolate.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:32 AM   #442
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Does anyone else work up to the last minute? I never feel like I have enough and when I get to the show I realize I don't have enough room on the table for all my goodies.
We're all there with you I've my first fair of the season on Nov 2 and I'm yet to make bookmarks and complete the sock cupcakes!
Old 10-31-2013, 08:35 AM   #443
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to alicaz

LOL! me too! just wrapped my stamped candles today, made some ornaments - still want to make some mini post it notes on keychains, but I have to work and then take the kids trick-or-treating
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-31-2013, 10:45 AM   #444
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
I haven't decided on the price yet. I am not good in pricing cards. I probably change the price sticker at least 3 times before I settle on something. Between 2.00 and 3.00. Any thoughts?
$3 is probably good.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:53 AM   #445
Glitter Guru

Send a message via AIM to kspiv

I'm always working up to the last minute too! Don't feel bad. I am making some felt and ribbon bookmarks right now. Then on to Snowman Soup boxes. Believe it or not, the stores I have looked in haven't put out candy canes yet!! I am thinking after today, they (along with all Christmas candy) will be in Walmart, $ stores, etc. I keep swearing that I will be done after those, but I would like to try to sew some of the rice hot/cold packs. Wanted to make them last year but never got around to it.

This weekend I plan on doing a "mock" display in my LR so I can decide how much to put out. I also never seem to have enough room at the first craft show (weekend of the 9th-10th). A friend and I share a 10x10 space, so I have only a 5x10 area, which is hard to set up in. We do have grid walls between us, so that gives me some vertical space. I think set up is one of the hardest aspects of the whole craft fair thing....creating a great display is key to good sales and overall customer satisfaction, I think.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:54 AM   #446
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicaz View Post
LOL! me too! just wrapped my stamped candles today, made some ornaments - still want to make some mini post it notes on keychains, but I have to work and then take the kids trick-or-treating
I have my first show this Saturday but definitely won't have everything ready for that show. I am trying to get a little bit of each item done though.
I was wrapping up more chocolate bars last night. 3 more boxes to go, then still have flannel to add. (sigh..).
I work today and then have tomorrow off, but also need to sort out my table display items (spinner and trays, etc). The first show is always the most disorganized because I cannot visualize how things will look on the table.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:24 AM   #447
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
Any tips for cutting flannel?
It seems to take me so long. I am wondering if there is a quicker way that hasn't occurred to me??!!
For the hats, could you sew long tubes and then cut those into individual hats?
kspiv likes this post.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:47 AM   #448
Pearl-ExPert

Sorry about the link - I didn't even check to see if her link worked once you got there. Hope what got posted works for you.

And yes, sewing a tube and then cutting - that was what I was trying to describe but the word (tube) apparently is too hard for me to come up with!

I have lots to do yet too, but apparently I'm not alone! I'm away this weekend but I hope to bring something to work on at night when the grandkids are sleeping. I need to do more gift card holders, peppermint patties and then some bookmarks. And more hot chocolate packets - those sold very well at my first sale. And I have tons of those mint sticks to use up - a crazy amount of them!

Good luck this weekend everyone.

MY GALLERY
Old 10-31-2013, 08:17 PM   #449
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayLynnT View Post
For the hats, could you sew long tubes and then cut those into individual hats?
That's what I do when I make mine. It sure does same time.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:29 PM   #450
Inking Addict

Default Pricing for 3 mint items?

Hey there! I have made some snowmen that have 3 of the mints decorated up. The middle mint is his belly, etc. I normally only have done individual mints before, so not sure what to price this 3 mint snowman at? Anyone sold them before, what did you charge? I did put them in a pretzel bag, and made a nice topper, so they look like a good gift item.

My first show is Saturday, and I am SO not ready! My hubby has been fighting a kidney stone for almost 2 weeks, and so he's cutting into my craft time. So, I will clearly be one working up the very last minute this year! Thanks for all the help and inspiration!!

Maria
Old 10-31-2013, 08:49 PM   #451
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLH1966 View Post
Hey there! I have made some snowmen that have 3 of the mints decorated up. The middle mint is his belly, etc. I normally only have done individual mints before, so not sure what to price this 3 mint snowman at? Anyone sold them before, what did you charge? I did put them in a pretzel bag, and made a nice topper, so they look like a good gift item.
Maria
I charge $1 for mine and sell like crazy. I didn't make them last year and did them again this year.
I am considering upping the price to $1.50. I have a bunch of things that will cost that this year, so I could do a bundle price of 4/$5

Here is a pic of some of mine this year:
Attached Thumbnails
pepp-patties.jpg  
MLH1966, deansgal and sc magnolia like this post.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:33 AM   #452
Inking Addict

Quote:
I charge $1 for mine and sell like crazy. I didn't make them last year and did them again this year.
I am considering upping the price to $1.50. I have a bunch of things that will cost that this year, so I could do a bundle price of 4/$5

Here is a pic of some of mine this year:
Hi Diane:

Thanks so much! Yours are adorable!!! I haven't taken pictures of anything yet, but will try to do that and upload a few things. Glad to know they sell well normally!

Happy Friday everyone!
Maria
Old 11-01-2013, 04:00 AM   #453
Kookie Creator

I keep finding new things to make! If I keep this up, there will be no room on my table for anything! lol

Good luck to everyone that has sales this weekend. My first one is November 9th. I'm ready...if I stop making new things! lol

My sometimes neglected blog
Old 11-01-2013, 07:09 AM   #454
Rubber Obsessor

Default Another last minute craft show item

I forgot I wanted to share this with everyone. I make these every year to use up all those scraps of paper laying around. Using SU tab punch..just punch and attach to the mint. I love those white lifesavers with the little red and green speckles. I also bought a bag of the regular life savers to try this year. I just made 95 of them and it took me less than 2 hours(this includes husband and dog interruptions). I sell out of them every year so I'm thinking of maybe changing the price(now 2 for .25 thinking .25 ea.)Do you think thats too much? I'm really not good at pricing. I usually ask my husband then my sister and pick somewhere in between. NOW I do think I'm done.....packed the car....made up my little emergency kit. Hmmmm but those snowman mints do look adorable and I do have left over pp's....and I could make a few more cards....oh jeez here we go again.

Good luck to everyone at there first show of the season.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:11 AM   #455
Rubber Obsessor

Default Picture of mints

Let me try posting the pic again. If doesn't post you can them in my gallery.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:47 AM   #456
Cardstock Collector

Default Pricing?

Hi ladies, I am curious on how much any of you sell your large candy bars for after you decorate them? After seeing Diane's, it peeked my interest.
Cindy
September38 likes this post.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:07 AM   #457
Glitter Guru

Send a message via AIM to kspiv

This year my candy bar covers are totally different but last year, I did the "tube" thing for the fleece hats but I actually hot glued them instead of whipping out the sewing machine. They held super well and it wasn't hard to cut thru the glue either.
doorknocker3 likes this post.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:13 AM   #458
Pearl-ExPert

All the best to everyone having a fair this weekend!
Old 11-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #459
Insane Embellisher

Good luck ladies, I hope your sales put lots of jingle in your pockets.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:24 AM   #460
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccourtenay View Post
Hi ladies, I am curious on how much any of you sell your large candy bars for after you decorate them? After seeing Diane's, it peeked my interest.
Cindy
snowman Hershey bars?
For me, I keep the price cheap. They do a good job of drawing people to the table. I have sold mine for $2 for past 4 years. This year, I am upping them to $2.50.

I use hot glue for the wrapper, and also hot glue the hats to the snowman. No messing with a rectangle for hat tube. I cut fleece rectangles and glue them on, then tie the hat with fiber or ribbon at the top.
Honestly, the most time consuming part is those darned scarves. Some years, I use fleece. Last year, I switched it up and used twine. I put a teeny dab of glue under the knock for the scarf so they don't slide around in transport.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:24 AM   #461
Insane Embellisher

I meant the "knot" of the scarf!
Old 11-01-2013, 10:26 AM   #462
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
I forgot I wanted to share this with everyone. I make these every year to use up all those scraps of paper laying around. Using SU tab punch..just punch and attach to the mint. I love those white lifesavers with the little red and green speckles. I also bought a bag of the regular life savers to try this year. I just made 95 of them and it took me less than 2 hours(this includes husband and dog interruptions). I sell out of them every year so I'm thinking of maybe changing the price(now 2 for .25 thinking .25 ea.)Do you think thats too much? I'm really not good at pricing.
I cannot visualize what you are saying for these. The individually wrapped lifesavers?
Old 11-01-2013, 11:28 AM   #463
Cardstock Collector

Default stuff I am making

thanks Diane for the price suggestion..Ok, I have attached pics of what I have been making. Mini 4oz cups with some nod to duck dynasty. Cocoa Holders again with the duck dynasty nod. Hand Sanitizer's..these also have some camo on some as well. Tea/cookie holders..I just need to buy the tea bags for those. The tea candle card holder. Actually these will be a variety such as tea candles or bagged candy or chocolate covered pretzels, or rubber bangles. I think I am going to do the 2 nugget purse holder (using the stampin up scentsational mug die) that looks easy to do. My show is dec 6th for 3 days.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...01_1507461.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...01_1507111.jpg

deansgal likes this post.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:37 AM   #464
Rubber Obsessor

Default Lifesavers

Quote:
I cannot visualize what you are saying for these. The individually wrapped lifesavers?
I can never explain things clearly. Tried to post a pic on here but it's hit or miss if it happens or not. I'm going to have to look that up. Anyway
I take the individually wrapped lifesavers.....the tab punch from stampin up...fold the punched tab in half and use a tape runner to attached it to the end of the life saver. There is a picture of them in my gallery.

Just something little and it uses up all my scraps of christmas paper. I sell out at every show. First time I did it I thought they wouldn't sell but here I am 4 years later and still selling. You never know. I don't make allot of money on them but its an extra fifty cents or a dollar usually as a oh throw these in the bag too.

Another thing I do is give each person a basket when I see they have a few things in their hand and I swear it makes them feel comfortable to browse and buy more. I have a few items for 5.00 but everything else is under five.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:06 PM   #465
Die Cut Diva

Knox, I love the little basket idea. There are many times I hold items for people as they are browsing. This would eliminate the need for that. And keep me free for when another customer comes up.

I have made small gift tags in packs of three and sold them for $1 or free if the person spends a certain amount of money. That seems to make people happy too.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:09 PM   #466
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Here's a link to the photo from here gallery: Little mints by Knox - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 11-01-2013, 02:10 PM   #467
Pearl-ExPert

Lovely items Diane! Is there something inside those coffee cups?
Old 11-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #468
Pearl-ExPert

BTW did you check out this video: Craft Show Funny Video It's too funny!
Old 11-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #469
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by smriti View Post
Oh. Those pics aren't mine.

Knox - the lifesavers are cute now that I see the pic. I don't have that punch.

Sometimes I make this candy cane treats in a similar way with the mini candy canes.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:41 PM   #470
Cardstock Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by smriti View Post
Hi those are mine and there are 4 mini chocolates inside each one.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:18 PM   #471
Rubber Obsessor

Default Craft show items

Quote:
thanks Diane for the price suggestion..Ok, I have attached pics of what I have been making. Mini 4oz cups with some nod to duck dynasty. Cocoa Holders again with the duck dynasty nod. Hand Sanitizer's..these also have some camo on some as well. Tea/cookie holders..I just need to buy the tea bags for those. The tea candle card holder. Actually these will be a variety such as tea candles or bagged candy or chocolate covered pretzels, or rubber bangles. I think I am going to do the 2 nugget purse holder (using the stampin up scentsational mug die) that looks easy to do. My show is dec 6th for 3 days.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...01_1507461.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...01_1507111.jpg

I really like your items. Did the coffee mug die with candy cane and the stamp come from stampin up? If so, do you know if it's still available?
Old 11-02-2013, 03:49 AM   #472
Cardstock Collector

yes it did come from stampin up, and it is retired. You can do "an in search of" in the forum here and someone may have one for sale. Good Luck. I also wanted to thank all the ladies here for the inspiration to help me decide what I wanted to make..alot of very talented and inspirational people on the forum.

Cindy
Old 11-02-2013, 04:05 AM   #473
Creative Crew SU Design Team

Someone asked about pricing the snowman vandy bars. I sold mine for $4 last year and sold out of them. I'm trying to determine a price for these kiss trees. I made 40 of them. They are a good bit of work, I was thinking $4 also comparing them to the snowmen, but then I think 3$ might be better. What do y'all think?
carolessnowman.jpg

secretsister4.jpg
Old 11-02-2013, 01:32 PM   #474
Rubber Obsessor

Default Stamp and Die Set

Quote:
yes it did come from stampin up, and it is retired. You can do "an in search of" in the forum here and someone may have one for sale. Good Luck. I also wanted to thank all the ladies here for the inspiration to help me decide what I wanted to make..alot of very talented and inspirational people on the forum.

Cindy
Do you happen to remember the name of the set?
Old 11-02-2013, 02:49 PM   #475
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Looks like that is Scentsational Season, from the 2012 holiday mini.
Old 11-02-2013, 03:42 PM   #476
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to alicaz

I asked $4 for my trees too (or 3 for $10) and only sold 1 or 2 today. Some older ladies liked them but said all their friends are diabetic and parents didn't want to buy them for kids since everyone has tons of candy at home after halloween.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc magnolia View Post
Someone asked about pricing the snowman vandy bars. I sold mine for $4 last year and sold out of them. I'm trying to determine a price for these kiss trees. I made 40 of them. They are a good bit of work, I was thinking $4 also comparing them to the snowmen, but then I think 3$ might be better. What do y'all think?
Attachment 284955

Attachment 284956
Old 11-02-2013, 06:38 PM   #477
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Attachment 284955

Attachment 284956
Your pics are great.
I can't sell the snowmen for that high around here. Lots of people making them.

The kisses trees. I am charging $4 for them. I only sold 1 today but I think they will be fine at that price closer to xmas. There is quite a bit of chocolate in them.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:47 PM   #478
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Attachment 284955

Attachment 284956
I would say $4.00 as there is a lot of chocolate there as well as the work. Just my opinion of course.
Linda
Old 11-03-2013, 04:18 AM   #479
Cardstock Collector

Quote:
The set is called scentsational..pretty pricey on ebay, this is why it is better to ask someone on the bst forum if they have one to sell.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #480
Insane Embellisher

Had my first show yesterday. It was cold and pouring rain (the kind of day where you want to cuddle under a blanket and not leave home) so turnout was less than spectacular. I still did all right.
I actually don't mind at all because it was a great dress-rehearsal for my table set up. Pics of my table are on my Facebook page.

Next weekend is 2 2-day shows. Hubby will staff one and I will do the other. It's going to be crazeeee!
MLH1966 likes this post.