In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree3Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 11:39 AM   #241
Pearl-ExPert
 
mrussom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,373
Default

My first sale is the 20th as well. I don't think that one will be a big money maker (it wasn't the only other time I did it two years ago) but hopefully I will make something off of it.

I'm down one sale this year (only doing three, maybe a fourth in a home if she does it). Two of the places decided to have the sale on the same day (how dare they do that to me!) so I had to choose. I hope I chose the right one. And I hope that they don't do that next year. Most of the time they don't change the date, its always on the same Saturday of that month. Not sure why the one changed. I've been looking for another to do in December but haven't found anything in my area. I can use the money, but usually I get so overwhelmed with the sales that by the last one I'm ready to give the stuff away!
__________________
~~ MARY ~~

MY GALLERY
mrussom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:57 PM   #242
Insane Embellisher
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 794
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smriti View Post
7 shows!!! You rock Diane!!
Thanks! This year, I am taking risks and adding shows. I usually do 5 shows total, but my husband and teen daughter have agreed to work at the ones that overlap.
I am so grateful for their support.
__________________
Diane
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Inspi...82211095136032
Website (under construction): http://www.inspiredbliss.ca/
DianeCraft is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #243
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 2,279
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrussom View Post
My first sale is the 20th as well. I don't think that one will be a big money maker (it wasn't the only other time I did it two years ago) but hopefully I will make something off of it.

I'm down one sale this year (only doing three, maybe a fourth in a home if she does it). Two of the places decided to have the sale on the same day (how dare they do that to me!) so I had to choose. I hope I chose the right one. And I hope that they don't do that next year. Most of the time they don't change the date, its always on the same Saturday of that month. Not sure why the one changed. I've been looking for another to do in December but haven't found anything in my area. I can use the money, but usually I get so overwhelmed with the sales that by the last one I'm ready to give the stuff away!
Same here Mary - two of the shows I want to be in are on the same date so I'd to choose one.

I'm only doing two and trying to see if I can find another.
__________________
My Blog: Ribbons,etc.
smriti is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:56 AM   #244
Pearl-ExPert
 
mrussom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,373
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by smriti View Post
Same here Mary - two of the shows I want to be in are on the same date so I'd to choose one.

I'm only doing two and trying to see if I can find another.

Yeah, apparently my family doesn't like me as much as Diane's does - they just looked at me like I was crazy to even hint that they handle one of the sales for me! Whatever!
__________________
~~ MARY ~~

MY GALLERY
mrussom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:10 PM   #245
Insane Embellisher
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 794
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrussom View Post
Yeah, apparently my family doesn't like me as much as Diane's does - they just looked at me like I was crazy to even hint that they handle one of the sales for me! Whatever!
hahaha.
I think mine like the extra $$ that comes from the sales.
And my teenager is developing her own product line this year to sell. I told her if she wants to sell her stuff, she needs to be at the table selling. lol

I have 2 overlapping weekends. Thankfully, the overlap is one day only each time. Fr-Sun shows... Saturday is double duty.
__________________
Diane
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Inspi...82211095136032
Website (under construction): http://www.inspiredbliss.ca/
DianeCraft is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:01 AM   #246
Embossing Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carthage, TN
Posts: 67
Default

I'm going to try lip balm purses this year. I thought I heard people say the best source was Avon at $0.69 each. I looked up their new catalog today and saw in their holiday lip balms they have sugar cookie, peppermint, cinnamon & spice, and berry blizzard. They also have the traditional Care Deeply, Dew Kiss, Moisture Therapy intensive - and then they still have fall flavors - carmel apple, mochacchino, cinnamon twist and butterscotch. My question is what is the best way to go? Flavored or unflavored - both - what kinds of flavors are popular? I know it's all subjective but I'm hoping to hear from experienced sellers of this item - or do they not really care because the packaging is so cute?
__________________
Carolyn Bennett

indyscrapmom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:33 AM   #247
Pearl-ExPert
 
mrussom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyscrapmom View Post
I'm going to try lip balm purses this year. I thought I heard people say the best source was Avon at $0.69 each. I looked up their new catalog today and saw in their holiday lip balms they have sugar cookie, peppermint, cinnamon & spice, and berry blizzard. They also have the traditional Care Deeply, Dew Kiss, Moisture Therapy intensive - and then they still have fall flavors - carmel apple, mochacchino, cinnamon twist and butterscotch. My question is what is the best way to go? Flavored or unflavored - both - what kinds of flavors are popular? I know it's all subjective but I'm hoping to hear from experienced sellers of this item - or do they not really care because the packaging is so cute?

I just ordered some from Avon, but they only had sugar cookie and mint, but they were 49 cents. I sold the flavored last year and that's what people wanted. I had some unflavored too, but they looked through purses to get to the flavor they wanted. Their prices go back and forth so much it drives me nuts. But I'd go with flavored myelf.
__________________
~~ MARY ~~

MY GALLERY
mrussom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:48 AM   #248
Embossing Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carthage, TN
Posts: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrussom View Post
I just ordered some from Avon, but they only had sugar cookie and mint, but they were 49 cents. I sold the flavored last year and that's what people wanted. I had some unflavored too, but they looked through purses to get to the flavor they wanted. Their prices go back and forth so much it drives me nuts. But I'd go with flavored myelf.
I wonder if the prices are regionally based? Then again it was an online catalog....I'll contact a Rep and see if it's any different - everytime I looked over the last 2 months it was always $0.69 - but I only looked once a week...I would love $0.49 but $0.69 not bad. I didn't know if there was any better supplier.
__________________
Carolyn Bennett

indyscrapmom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:41 AM   #249
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 2,279
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrussom View Post
Yeah, apparently my family doesn't like me as much as Diane's does - they just looked at me like I was crazy to even hint that they handle one of the sales for me! Whatever!
Ha!Ha!Ha!

My hubby is ok sitting with me but he wouldn't ever take over the booth on his own and let me tell you he handles the people much better than I do - I make the stuff but boy he "sells" it! When he tries to sell something on my table, I'm sometimes surprised that how does he know all that
__________________
My Blog: Ribbons,etc.
smriti is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:44 AM   #250
Hardware Hotshot
 
angieh29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,650
Default

Subbing! Hope to have my pictures on my blog this week! For now, I am still busy creating!

Making:
Punch art Angry birds bookmarks & peace bookmarks-popular with girls so far!
Purse post it note holders/Purse gift card holders(using sizzix dies)
I got some cute clear plastic containers at paper wishes-5 for $1.00 (perfect for holding the soups!)
Magic reindeer food
Snowman soup
God's Survival kits
Snowman poo
Reindeer noses
Grinch pills
15 boxes of cards (oye!)
Coffee cards
Tea cards
Chocolate cards - these & the coffee/tea are my most popular
Button bracelets(my daughters creations!)
Altoid tin prayer cards

Oh and a hot tip-Walmart has grocery carts (at least in Indiana) of items 25cents-50cents! I got tons of dry erase calendars, magnets, post its, erasers, memo cubes, etc...There are also fall/halloween items in these bins!
__________________
Angie~For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jer.29:11
My blog: http://angieannastamps.typepad.com/
angieh29 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:49 AM   #251
Embossing Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carthage, TN
Posts: 67
Default

Angie - what is your blog address? I can't wait to see what you have made! I need to get my rear end into gear! I've bought so many things from bulk buys that I don't know where to start! Specifically I bought a bunch of bottle caps and clear glass fragments to make magnets and/or necklaces. I can't imagine bottle cap necklaces are still popular - or are they? I will definitely make magnets from them but not sure yet about the jewelry.
__________________
Carolyn Bennett

indyscrapmom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:05 AM   #252
Pearl-ExPert
 
mrussom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyscrapmom View Post
I wonder if the prices are regionally based? Then again it was an online catalog....I'll contact a Rep and see if it's any different - everytime I looked over the last 2 months it was always $0.69 - but I only looked once a week...I would love $0.49 but $0.69 not bad. I didn't know if there was any better supplier.

Maybe it is. I was looking too, but only the spring stuff was on sale, the fall stuff was still full price. And then last Friday I looked and there was some Christmas, but they only had the two available (showed all four flavors) probably last year's versions cause they looked familiar but they were still good. And I had to search for it to find it too. I was going to email my rep too, but then I found what I was looking for. And yes, 69 cents is better than a dollar so its still a deal.
__________________
~~ MARY ~~

MY GALLERY
mrussom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:50 AM   #253
Embossing Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carthage, TN
Posts: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc magnolia View Post
I used to always use the clear envys to mail cards in. Then when I started selling them at the art center people didn't know that you could mail in those envelopes. I decided that for me, it was just easier to use both.

You know what I figured out today??? Hobby Lobby sells the 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 size white envelopes 25 for 4.99. With a 40% off coupon that is 3.00 so that's 12 cents an envy. SU sells 40 envys for 6.50 - but with my demo discount, that equals out to 13 cents a piece. I gotta remember that!
Don't forget with tax and shipping that will likely be more. I have a 9.75% local tax rate so that would be $0.16/envelope from SU. My Hobby Lobby is located in a 9.5% tax location - which means individual pricing is still cheaper than SU. I need to go shopping and keep them separate from my class supplies. Thanks for the tip!
__________________
Carolyn Bennett

indyscrapmom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:17 AM   #254
Watercolor Wizard
 
buggainok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 8,580
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyscrapmom View Post
Don't forget with tax and shipping that will likely be more. I have a 9.75% local tax rate so that would be $0.16/envelope from SU. My Hobby Lobby is located in a 9.5% tax location - which means individual pricing is still cheaper than SU. I need to go shopping and keep them separate from my class supplies. Thanks for the tip!
For envelopes - if you have an Office Depot nearby, check this out. You can get 100 invitation size envies, ivory or white, for only $9.99:

Office Depot Brand Invitation Envelopes 4 38 x 5 34 Ivory Box Of 100 by Office Depot
__________________
Bugga in OK

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
buggainok is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:26 AM   #255
Embossing Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carthage, TN
Posts: 67
Default

Ok - even though I have read every post in this thread I had to re-read them all to get myself motivated. I'm totally psyched about doing my glass magnets! I think I'm going to use My Digital Studio so I can create the 1" punch size and then "stamp" within the 1" spot. I should be able to get about 48 per page if I calculate about 1.25" per punch maybe more if I can get them closer together. Anyone tried this?

I'm looking for suggestions in packaging and costs. I did see some how to package posts earlier but I wondered if I should have single magnets available as well as packaged and how many to a package? I have $0.51 in the glass and magnet - not including the glue or paper/ink costs to make or time. Is $1 each fair or is that too low?
__________________
Carolyn Bennett

indyscrapmom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:51 AM   #256
Creative Crew SU Design Team
 
sc magnolia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,060
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyscrapmom View Post
Don't forget with tax and shipping that will likely be more. I have a 9.75% local tax rate so that would be $0.16/envelope from SU. My Hobby Lobby is located in a 9.5% tax location - which means individual pricing is still cheaper than SU. I need to go shopping and keep them separate from my class supplies. Thanks for the tip!

SC tax is 7%... shipping is 10% but when I stick it in with an order I'm already placing.... hmmmm
__________________
My SU Website~Carole Parsons
My Blog
sc magnolia is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:53 AM   #257
Creative Crew SU Design Team
 
sc magnolia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,060
Default

I think 1.00 or 1.50 would be good. One of my partners is making them too and that's what we were thinking.
__________________
My SU Website~Carole Parsons
My Blog
sc magnolia is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:56 AM   #258
Creative Crew SU Design Team
 
sc magnolia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,060
Default

okay, that's 10 cents a piece, but I'd have to drive 20 minutes to another town to get to an Office Depot sooo gas$$ hmmm

I think I'll stick with the SU envys. For one thing they are really nice paper, and they take stamping and embossing so nicely.
__________________
My SU Website~Carole Parsons
My Blog
sc magnolia is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:51 PM   #259
Pearl-ExPert
 
mrussom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,373
Default

I personally like SU envelopes the best. But I have used the office max. I try to buy most things from SU since its pretty much me making the minimum to keep my demo going.


I posted items in my gallery for the craft sale if anyone wants to peek.
__________________
~~ MARY ~~

MY GALLERY
mrussom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:44 PM   #260
Creative Crew SU Design Team
 
sc magnolia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,060
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrussom View Post
I personally like SU envelopes the best. But I have used the office max. I try to buy most things from SU since its pretty much me making the minimum to keep my demo going.


I posted items in my gallery for the craft sale if anyone wants to peek.
Mary, what size are your acrylic desk sets?

The magic Santa keys are a good idea and I have some old skeleton keys.

Your things all look so nicely done!!
__________________
My SU Website~Carole Parsons
My Blog
sc magnolia is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:06 PM   #261
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick
 
JBgreendawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: So. Oregon
Posts: 63,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrussom View Post
I personally like SU envelopes the best. But I have used the office max. I try to buy most things from SU since its pretty much me making the minimum to keep my demo going.


I posted items in my gallery for the craft sale if anyone wants to peek.
you have been so busy
__________________
~Stacy
My Blog
JBgreendawn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:00 PM   #262
Pearl-ExPert
 
mrussom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,373
Default

The acrylic sets are 4x6 or 5x7, whatever I can find. I need to find keys. I don't have any and those Santa Keys were a hit. I only did about a dozen for one sale and could have sold more.
__________________
~~ MARY ~~

MY GALLERY
mrussom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:06 PM   #263
Pearl-ExPert
 
mrussom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,373
Default

Heres a download for the santa key:

Pearls, Handcuffs, and Happy Hour: Santa’s Magic Key
__________________
~~ MARY ~~

MY GALLERY
mrussom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:29 PM   #264
Creative Crew SU Design Team
 
sc magnolia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,060
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrussom View Post
Heres a download for the santa key:

Pearls, Handcuffs, and Happy Hour: Santa’s Magic Key
Thanks! I'm SO going to make some! I have a handful of old skeleton keys and I can check the antique market and Hobby Lobby for more.
__________________
My SU Website~Carole Parsons
My Blog
sc magnolia is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:39 AM   #265
Matboard Maniac
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 248
Default Magic keys

How much do you ask for these?
imlynne is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #266
Pearl-ExPert
 
mrussom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,373
Default

I charged $3 or $3.50, can't remember. They were pretty inexpensive to make.
__________________
~~ MARY ~~

MY GALLERY
mrussom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:49 PM   #267
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 2,279
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyscrapmom View Post
I'm going to try lip balm purses this year. I thought I heard people say the best source was Avon at $0.69 each. I looked up their new catalog today and saw in their holiday lip balms they have sugar cookie, peppermint, cinnamon & spice, and berry blizzard. They also have the traditional Care Deeply, Dew Kiss, Moisture Therapy intensive - and then they still have fall flavors - carmel apple, mochacchino, cinnamon twist and butterscotch. My question is what is the best way to go? Flavored or unflavored - both - what kinds of flavors are popular? I know it's all subjective but I'm hoping to hear from experienced sellers of this item - or do they not really care because the packaging is so cute?
I sold these last year and people didn't seem to be looking at the flavors. They were more particular about the colors of the purse.
__________________
My Blog: Ribbons,etc.
smriti is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:06 PM   #268
Creative Crew SU Design Team
 
sc magnolia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,060
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smriti View Post
I sold these last year and people didn't seem to be looking at the flavors. They were more particular about the colors of the purse.
One of the girls doing shows with me is making these. I told her what y'all said about them and guess where we found some CUTE lip balm??? The dollar store!! They had candy flavored/scents. We thought they were sooo cute so she bought several. I'm not sure... but I think there were 2 in a package.
lip_gloss_sm.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
nestles.jpg  
__________________
My SU Website~Carole Parsons
My Blog
sc magnolia is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:32 PM   #269
Insane Embellisher
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 794
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc magnolia View Post
One of the girls doing shows with me is making these. I told her what y'all said about them and guess where we found some CUTE lip balm??? The dollar store!! They had candy flavored/scents. We thought they were sooo cute so she bought several. I'm not sure... but I think there were 2 in a package.
Attachment 258953
I am already done my lip balms, and didn't have the money to stock up...
however..
Yesterday, the Safeway store in WA had Nivea lip balms for 99cents each. They were marked down by $2.50.

I bought xmas patterns from Jo-anns last year after xmas and used those in mine.
__________________
Diane
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Inspi...82211095136032
Website (under construction): http://www.inspiredbliss.ca/
DianeCraft is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:58 AM   #270
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 2,279
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc magnolia View Post
One of the girls doing shows with me is making these. I told her what y'all said about them and guess where we found some CUTE lip balm??? The dollar store!! They had candy flavored/scents. We thought they were sooo cute so she bought several. I'm not sure... but I think there were 2 in a package.
Attachment 258953
2 for a dollar is a good deal and they look so cute!!
__________________
My Blog: Ribbons,etc.
smriti is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:08 AM   #271
Hardware Hotshot
 
angieh29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,650
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyscrapmom View Post
Angie - what is your blog address? I can't wait to see what you have made! I need to get my rear end into gear! I've bought so many things from bulk buys that I don't know where to start! Specifically I bought a bunch of bottle caps and clear glass fragments to make magnets and/or necklaces. I can't imagine bottle cap necklaces are still popular - or are they? I will definitely make magnets from them but not sure yet about the jewelry.
It's in my signature now, sorry it wasn't there before! I don't know what happened! I had a friend make a trivet out of bottlecaps, she crochets! Not something I can do but it sure was pretty. Try checking out Pinterest for ideas for bottlecaps! But I think magnets are a great idea! Where did you buy them? I hope to have pictures soon, I am getting the finishing touches done up today and tomorrow!
__________________
Angie~For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jer.29:11
My blog: http://angieannastamps.typepad.com/
angieh29 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:12 AM   #272
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 2,279
Default

Do people put the snowman popcorn into clear envelopes or bags? If so what size bags do you use and where do you get them from?

I would like to put them in clear bags but can't seem to find the size at a reasonable price.
__________________
My Blog: Ribbons,etc.
smriti is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:22 AM   #273
Pearl-ExPert
 
mrussom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smriti View Post
Do people put the snowman popcorn into clear envelopes or bags? If so what size bags do you use and where do you get them from?

I would like to put them in clear bags but can't seem to find the size at a reasonable price.
I'm not bagging mine up. I do try to bag up (clear) lots of my stuff, but I can't afford and justify doing it all. Are you using full size popcorn bags? I forgot to buy mine this weekend and will be doing that this week. I assume they fit the full sized bags but couldn't remember.
__________________
~~ MARY ~~

MY GALLERY
mrussom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:13 AM   #274
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 2,279
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrussom View Post
I'm not bagging mine up. I do try to bag up (clear) lots of my stuff, but I can't afford and justify doing it all. Are you using full size popcorn bags? I forgot to buy mine this weekend and will be doing that this week. I assume they fit the full sized bags but couldn't remember.
Yes I'm using full-size bags - got them from Costco.
__________________
My Blog: Ribbons,etc.
smriti is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #275
Insane Embellisher
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 794
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smriti View Post
Do people put the snowman popcorn into clear envelopes or bags? If so what size bags do you use and where do you get them from?

I would like to put them in clear bags but can't seem to find the size at a reasonable price.
I don't put them into clear bags, but I do only put one or two of each colour out to keep them in good condition. I keep boxes stacked behind my table to refill things as I go.

I also use the full size popcorn, but I buy the PopWeaver brand from Walmart. 24 bags for $5.

My daughter suggested to me that I should do the single serve bags also so people can buy a little snowman family. It is a great idea... maybe for next year.
__________________
Diane
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Inspi...82211095136032
Website (under construction): http://www.inspiredbliss.ca/
DianeCraft is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:44 AM   #276
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 2,279
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
I don't put them into clear bags, but I do only put one or two of each colour out to keep them in good condition. I keep boxes stacked behind my table to refill things as I go.
That's a good idea. I'm also worried about spoiling them especially because they're wrapped in white CS - I don't want to either get a crease on the CS or any mark on it. So I guess I'm going to do the same.
__________________
My Blog: Ribbons,etc.
smriti is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:36 AM   #277
Insane Embellisher
 
lori92760's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: northern illinois
Posts: 785
Send a message via AIM to lori92760
Default

i had bought a stack of jr legal note pads for magnetic lists. i can get two out of each pad, so they come to about .55 each. but i needed office max to cut them. they charged me $1.10 to cut each pad. so now without decorating or magnets these are $1.10. admittedly they are simple to decorate, but realistically, what do i charge for these? i had no idea the cutting them was so costly!
lori92760 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:51 AM   #278
Watercolor Wizard
 
buggainok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 8,580
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lori92760 View Post
i had bought a stack of jr legal note pads for magnetic lists. i can get two out of each pad, so they come to about .55 each. but i needed office max to cut them. they charged me $1.10 to cut each pad. so now without decorating or magnets these are $1.10. admittedly they are simple to decorate, but realistically, what do i charge for these? i had no idea the cutting them was so costly!


Oh gosh, I had no idea Office Max was so costly, either. When I made these, I had Kinkos cut them, and it was not very expensive at all. It was a year or so ago, and I don't remember how much. They stacked them up and cut a whole bunch at once.

I think I charged about $3 for the decorated pads and sold quite a few.
__________________
Bugga in OK

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
buggainok is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:08 AM   #279
Insane Embellisher
 
lori92760's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: northern illinois
Posts: 785
Send a message via AIM to lori92760
Default

the gal would not cut more than one pad at a time, said they would shift. even if she tried to cut two at once that would be good. maybe i will try kinkos next. i was a bit shocked
lori92760 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:08 AM   #280
Pearl-ExPert
 
mrussom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,373
Default

I think I remember on one of these threads that stores (and I remember it being Office Max) either stopped cutting altogether or cut smaller stacks. They were shifting and the customer probably then got free pads again to cut again. I've never had them cut down to size. I bought some before that were already cut to size and paid about 50 cents for each pad (which are still sitting at home to put ito dvd cases that I bought at the same time). I also remember seeing on one of these sites that WalMart's 5x7 weren't actually that size, and were smaller and did fit without cutting into some of the cases people were using. I haven't checked that out but it may be worth a trip there with a case to see if they fit better.

It makes it hard to sell these items if you have to pay $1 just to get it to fit into the case you are using or making for it.

The other reason I didn't really do up the other ones for the sale is what does the customer do with it when the pad is empty - go get one cut for it? I suppose some would.

I am going to mine up this year for my last sales so I can at least do something with them!
__________________
~~ MARY ~~

MY GALLERY
mrussom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off