Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-01-2011, 06:35 AM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default card folder

I am hunting for a card folder. I want to make cards as a gift for Christmas and give them in this folder that holds maybe a dozen cards and envelopes. I've made a folder in the past for a similar project and I can't find my directions to make it again. It is not in the splitcoast resources as that was my first place to check. Finished, it held A2 size cards and envelopes. This was made from card stock or heavy decorative paper and I think it was one 12x12 piece. It folded in half and was tied together with ribbon. When you opened it you could put your cards on one side and envelopes on the other. Any help would be much appreciated!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2011, 06:58 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinkathyView Post
I am hunting for a card folder. I want to make cards as a gift for Christmas and give them in this folder that holds maybe a dozen cards and envelopes. I've made a folder in the past for a similar project and I can't find my directions to make it again. It is not in the splitcoast resources as that was my first place to check. Finished, it held A2 size cards and envelopes. This was made from card stock or heavy decorative paper and I think it was one 12x12 piece. It folded in half and was tied together with ribbon. When you opened it you could put your cards on one side and envelopes on the other. Any help would be much appreciated!
I was looking for something similar last year. The original my mom sourced from a friend ended up being from a special die that only fits the industrial die cut machines found in typical LSS locations. Here's the original thread but go to post #16 to see how I did mine manually. There are some other suggested links in the thread as well.

ISO - Template for an A2 card holder by lharnish at Splitcoaststampers

I hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2011, 07:11 AM   #3  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Not quite

lharnish, Thank you for your quick response. This isn't exactly like the one I had done in the past but I could use it if I don't find the other. The one I had made had the folded part on the sides instead of the bottom like the one you sent.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2011, 08:22 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

lharnish, Thank you for your quick response. This isn't exactly like the one I had done in the past but I could use it if I don't find the other. The one I had made had the folded part on the sides instead of the bottom like the one you sent.
Please post a picture if/when you find it. I'm always on the market for a new idea myself :-) The one I had in my picture doesn't do justice to the original which was much fancier.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2011, 12:12 PM   #5  
Compulsive Stamper

I will try to do that for you or at least give the written instructions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2011, 12:42 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's a really cute one that I've made. It is super simple to make and uses a piece of 8-1/2 x 11 cardstock:

Dannie's Designs: Note Card Holder Video Tutorial

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2011, 03:54 PM   #7  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks Dannie, this version is very nice too. I can make it work. The one I was looking for had the pockets on the side and a small rimmed edge on top and bottom so the cards wouldn't fall out. I've just about exhausted my resources and am very grateful for your help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2011, 02:57 PM   #8  
Kookie Creator

Not sure if this is what you are looking for.

Cathy

http://catricks-creations.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2011, 03:59 PM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

I was given a pattern by my SU demo a few years back. I don't have a picture of it, but I used it for exactly the same gift you're wanting one for.

Cut a piece of good weight cardstock 11 x 8 3/4. Score and fold the cardstock in half on the 11" length at 5 1/2". Unfold, then score and the bottom of your 8 3/4" piece at
2 3/4". Fold that up. That forms the holder and pockets.

I then took my crop-a-dile punched a hole not quite a half inch in from each outside edge of the folder. Insert an eyelet, not the tiny ones. Be sure the "smooshed" side is on the inside of the folder. I took 2 pieces of ribbon and pulled them through the eyelet from back to front securing them by tying a slip knot on the inside of the folder. The extended length of ribbon is about 7". Decorate the front and/or back of your folder as you wish. Stick in the cards and envies, tie a pretty bow/knot and there you go.

I hope that helps. If you have any ?'s, let me know. This is super simple to make even though the directions don't sound that way.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2011, 06:20 PM   #10  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks for all your suggestions! I tried to upload the directions and pictures to this thread but being it was my first attempt, I failed. Good news is it is in the Gallery. I searched for card folder and it came up. You will recgonize it by my name or there are 2 pictures with an inside and outside view. The cardstock is silver deer and red snowflakes on a white background. I hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2011, 07:32 PM   #11  
Insane Embellisher

Stationary Box/Folder for 10 Cards by pageit at Splitcoaststampers

this is the one I use
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2011, 02:58 AM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Thanks for all your suggestions! I tried to upload the directions and pictures to this thread but being it was my first attempt, I failed. Good news is it is in the Gallery. I searched for card folder and it came up. You will recgonize it by my name or there are 2 pictures with an inside and outside view. The cardstock is silver deer and red snowflakes on a white background. I hope this helps!
I like this one ... might have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2011, 03:01 AM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmcgraw01View Post
This one looks nice too. I love how the ribbon holds the cards in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2011, 01:36 PM   #14  
Compulsive Stamper

I found my post I made in the technique section and cut & pasted it here so the directions would be in this post. There's a small correction in this version as I forgot to mention 2 cuts you make in order to fold the sides in. It can be figured out easily once you try to fold it if you don't understand my instructions.

Luckily, I found one I had made a while back. It was a little beat up so I didn't feel bad tearing it apart to measure and make a pattern from it. You use a 12x12 piece of cardstock. Cut the main section to be 9x11 1/2 in. With the 11 in. side at the top of your score board, score at the 1/2, 5 1/4, 6 1/4 & 11 inch marks. Turn so 9 in side is at the top and score at 1, 1 1/2, 7 1/2 & 8 inch marks. Remove the section between the 5 1/4 and 6 1/4 mark going up to 1 1/2 inches. This is the spine.

**In the corners you will make a cut down to the 1 1/2 inch score line along the 1/2 inch scoreline on the long or top edge.**

With the leftover piece of card stock you are going to make pockets that going on the sides of the main piece. (It's like making a book cover instead of a folder.# Cut 2 pieces measuring 2x6. I used a corner rounder on two corners along the 6 inch side. #This will face to the center of the spine.) The other 6 in. side will be scored at 1/2 in. All score lines are folded to the wrong side or inside. I used score tape to hold pieces together.

Add a piece of ribbon to the spine and tie on the side. There's a piece of card stock leftover that can be cut to 1x6 in. and can cover the spine on the outside. Hope you can understand these directions! I had to just wing it! Thanks for all your comments and suggestions. I love the ribbon idea to hold the cards in place too, from lmcgraw01!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2011, 09:46 AM   #15  
Rubber Obsessor

Here is a youtube video, I think this is what you are looking for.

Handmade Stationary Set Folder - YouTube

My gallery
Reply With Quote Likes