Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-06-2013, 12:29 PM   #521  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everybody for the kind words on my setup!

Diane - banners and tissue pouches sold the best for me. I hope other things pick up at other fairs because now I've really slim inventory of these two.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2013, 09:25 AM   #522  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrussomView Post
The Dollar Stores have big round metal platters (or maybe cookie sheets?) and they have smaller trays too. I use those for my magnets. With a picture holder, again from the dollar store. Dollar Stores are kind of nice for crafters!
I never even thought of those! Thanks!

My Facebook page Live Love Stamp
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2013, 09:27 AM   #523  
Polyshrink Goddess

My first sale is this weekend so I am off today and tomorrow to get ready. I think I am ready. I did a trial run with table set up and I hope the one I get is bigger than the one I have at home! lol

Good luck to everyone this weekend! I am off to the Dollar Store now!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2013, 11:33 AM   #524  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by threeteensView Post
My first sale is this weekend so I am off today and tomorrow to get ready. I think I am ready. I did a trial run with table set up and I hope the one I get is bigger than the one I have at home! lol

Good luck to everyone this weekend! I am off to the Dollar Store now!
Good for you! I am not so lucky...
I have a couple hundred M&M sticks to make today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2013, 11:41 AM   #525  
Pearl-ExPert

All the best Sandra and everybody else having a sale this weekend. I'm "off" this weekend
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2013, 11:43 AM   #526  
Embossing Fanatic

Good luck to all who have craft fairs this weekend! My first of 3 is this weekend and I'm behind as usual:-P . This one has been the only one I usually do (I added 2 others this year) and always falls on the weekend after my husband has been gone hunting all week. I have 3 boys (ages 9, 4, and 2). Always makes getting ready for it stressful and adventurous ! Least to say, I won't be getting much sleep the next 2 nights:-\
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2013, 03:22 PM   #527  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Craft Shows

Good luck to everyone who has a craft show this weekend.
I just completed a few items I sold out of last weekend.
Have Fun!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2013, 07:01 AM   #528  
Die Cut Diva

Good luck everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #529  
Cardstock Collector

Met you at Liberty. Thanks for all the hints and ideas. It would be fun to get together sometime.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #530  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by revmemeView Post
Met you at Liberty. Thanks for all the hints and ideas. It would be fun to get together sometime.
Yay, so glad you found the thread. That would be great - I love stamping with others :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2013, 01:39 PM   #531  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by DianeCraftView Post
Good for you! I am not so lucky...
I have a couple hundred M&M sticks to make today.
Just wondering how you did this weekend.
How did the Hershey Kiss trees sell?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2013, 06:48 PM   #532  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by NancyL2648View Post
Just wondering how you did this weekend.
How did the Hershey Kiss trees sell?
They sold well at $4 each for me.
Very tired tonight. Will post more about the top sellers tomorrow...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 06:10 AM   #533  
Pearl-ExPert

I had my two craft shows this weekend as well. First show on Saturday was awesome. Sold tons of stuff, made loads of money. Sunday - bought a hot dog and some rice krispie bars at the bake sale and there went my profits! I so wanted to leave that sale early since nobody was buying and it was so dead in there. But I stuck it out (til 4 even!).

I sold a lot of the Christmas trees (all of this is Saturday of course) and I had $3 on them. Sold the elf legs and turkey legs too (they were posted earlier here and there is a picture in my gallery) and they sold really well too. I do these little jars that I get from Michael's and they always sell well (filled with candy), I did nugget jars with the perfectly preserved stamp and die set from SU - they were a pain to do and transport but they sold very well at $3. Did the dress die from SU as well, turning it into a box with a lip balm in it and those sold very well at $2.50 - but again they were kind of a pain to do and transport. Gift card holders and tags are always good sellers for me. Sold a lot of mint bags. Popcorn and hershey snowmen sold very well (did the little nugget ones too and they sold ok). The popcorn ones sold better than the candy. And the hot choc packets (Dawn O pattern mentioned in this thread and I think Diane does something similar to it too?) sold like crazy. I had $2 on them and people bought a bunch at a time for gifts. I borrowed the stamp set from SU and they are kind of a pain to stamp and then die cut out. I might just try cutting them out - I think that may be faster - plus I have to give that set back now!

I have another one on the 23rd and then one in a friend's house in December.

Hope everyone else had good success at their sales too.

MY GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 06:46 AM   #534  
Embossing Fanatic

Had my first craft fair yesterday and did very well (there were over 3600 people who came)!!!
Best sellers for me were:
Pumpkin and Reindeer Lollipops (Thank you doorknocker3 for sharing your template - I did punch art Reindeer and pumpkins on the front) - made 60 (30 of each), sold out of the pumpkins and only have 5 Reindeer left.
Peppermint Patty Faces (posted the Santa and Elf earlier, made Penguin and Snowman as well) - the Santa and Penguin sold the best - Marked them $.75/each or 3 for $2, most bought 3
Hershey Nuggets with Punch art Frog and Owls - sold out of the Owls, same as my paperclip bookmarks with the same Owls
Nugget Purses - always a best seller for me, has someone give me an outside order for 60 more of them
Cards - Need to make more Christmas cards, almost sold out of them, plus all other types of occasions. Sold almost 40 cards total.

All in all, very successful, handed out over 30 business cards and had people asking for more inventory. I have another one on Nov. 23rd and a 2 day one Dec. 7-8. Time to get cracking on the inventory ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 06:47 AM   #535  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

I had my two craft shows this weekend as well. First show on Saturday was awesome. Sold tons of stuff, made loads of money. Sunday - bought a hot dog and some rice krispie bars at the bake sale and there went my profits! I so wanted to leave that sale early since nobody was buying and it was so dead in there. But I stuck it out (til 4 even!).

I sold a lot of the Christmas trees (all of this is Saturday of course) and I had $3 on them. Sold the elf legs and turkey legs too (they were posted earlier here and there is a picture in my gallery) and they sold really well too. I do these little jars that I get from Michael's and they always sell well (filled with candy), I did nugget jars with the perfectly preserved stamp and die set from SU - they were a pain to do and transport but they sold very well at $3. Did the dress die from SU as well, turning it into a box with a lip balm in it and those sold very well at $2.50 - but again they were kind of a pain to do and transport. Gift card holders and tags are always good sellers for me. Sold a lot of mint bags. Popcorn and hershey snowmen sold very well (did the little nugget ones too and they sold ok). The popcorn ones sold better than the candy. And the hot choc packets (Dawn O pattern mentioned in this thread and I think Diane does something similar to it too?) sold like crazy. I had $2 on them and people bought a bunch at a time for gifts. I borrowed the stamp set from SU and they are kind of a pain to stamp and then die cut out. I might just try cutting them out - I think that may be faster - plus I have to give that set back now!

Congrats on Saturday! , bummer on Sunday :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 07:02 AM   #536  
Pearl-ExPert

Congrats on the sales Jenn! I may try those mint punch ideas too. Didn't have time for this sale, just did the bags. But they sure are cute! And I know we've done this before but the nugget purse - is that just one nugget in a tiny purse? Did you use a die or is it a pattern? hint hint! What did you sell them for. And I think I missed the nugget with the punch owl and/or frog. is that just adhered to the top of the nugget then. sounds cute.

I did sell some bookmarks this weekend too, but I'm not a fan of my bookmarks this year (they are actually left over from last year). I usually do punch art of some kind on the big paperclip. One year I used stickers and I liked them so last year i did that again. But I used different stickers and they just weren't as cute as I wanted them to be. But people seem to like them so go figure.

MY GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 07:33 AM   #537  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Frog nugget and nugget purses

Here are pictures of the frog nugget and nugget purses. I use the same frog for the paperclip bookmark. The pattern for the nugget purse I got from Dawn's Stamping Studio (love her blog!). It is just a piece of DSP (Designer Series Paper) cut at 4 1/2" x 1 3/8", score @ 3/4", 1", 2 1/4"", and 3 1/4". The difference from hers is I punch holes in the top of mine and tie ribbon through it, I find it holds better and travels better. Here should be the link. http://goo.gl/uBIo7. Created a shortened link, so hopefully it works. I sell the frog and owl nuggets for $1.50 and the nugget purses for $.50 each or 3 for $1.00. Don't make much on the little nugget purses but I like to have them available for little favors or little girls ;) 2013 Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-cam00054.jpg

2013 Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-cam00055.jpg
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 08:48 AM   #538  
Pearl-ExPert

OMG those are adorable! I'm going to keep those in mind for next year, if you don't mind. I had a paper crafter next to me and she had lots of 50 and 75 cent items. I don't have that (well the little nuggets were 75 cents or 3/$2) but its a good idea to have some. If its quick and easy why not? I bet people would buy lots of them for table settings or whatever. Very cute.

I'm going to make a list of what I want to do for next year and do a project every month - yep I said that last year and the year before but this coming year I just know I will stick to that! ha ha, we will see, but I really do want to have more things ready to go (just add candy kind of thing) than I have in the past. I'm getting too old to do this late night, last minute project stampede.

MY GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 09:18 AM   #539  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

OMG those are adorable! I'm going to keep those in mind for next year, if you don't mind. I had a paper crafter next to me and she had lots of 50 and 75 cent items. I don't have that (well the little nuggets were 75 cents or 3/$2) but its a good idea to have some. If its quick and easy why not? I bet people would buy lots of them for table settings or whatever. Very cute.

I'm going to make a list of what I want to do for next year and do a project every month - yep I said that last year and the year before but this coming year I just know I will stick to that! ha ha, we will see, but I really do want to have more things ready to go (just add candy kind of thing) than I have in the past. I'm getting too old to do this late night, last minute project stampede.
Thank you for the compliment! I don't mind at all. :-) So many have shared wonderful ideas on here, it is so nice to give back. I started last minute again this year, I hope to do better next year. I have carpal tunnel and arthritis in both arms and hands and need to stop punishing myself last minute this way :-P. But I love doing these crafts, can't help myself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 09:48 AM   #540  
Pearl-ExPert

Wow...sounds like you had a very good day!
I'm still working on items for my first show of the season....would you mind sharing a link for the lollipops?
Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennscraftView Post
Had my first craft fair yesterday and did very well (there were over 3600 people who came)!!!
Best sellers for me were:
Pumpkin and Reindeer Lollipops (Thank you doorknocker3 for sharing your template - I did punch art Reindeer and pumpkins on the front) - made 60 (30 of each), sold out of the pumpkins and only have 5 Reindeer left.
Peppermint Patty Faces (posted the Santa and Elf earlier, made Penguin and Snowman as well) - the Santa and Penguin sold the best - Marked them $.75/each or 3 for $2, most bought 3
Hershey Nuggets with Punch art Frog and Owls - sold out of the Owls, same as my paperclip bookmarks with the same Owls
Nugget Purses - always a best seller for me, has someone give me an outside order for 60 more of them
Cards - Need to make more Christmas cards, almost sold out of them, plus all other types of occasions. Sold almost 40 cards total.

All in all, very successful, handed out over 30 business cards and had people asking for more inventory. I have another one on Nov. 23rd and a 2 day one Dec. 7-8. Time to get cracking on the inventory ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 10:07 AM   #541  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by NancyL2648View Post
Wow...sounds like you had a very good day!
I'm still working on items for my first show of the season....would you mind sharing a link for the lollipops?
Thanks!
doorknocker3 has the measurements on Post#143 on this thread and pics of hers on Post#146. Here is a pic of mine for the reindeer (didn't take a pic of my Pumpkin before I sold out).
Attached Thumbnails
2013 Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-cam00056.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 10:22 AM   #542  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 89 Likes on 59 Posts

Way to go on your sales ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 12:00 PM   #543  
Pearl-ExPert

Great to hear about the good sales - give yourselves a pat on the back!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 12:03 PM   #544  
Stampin' Fool

Wow! Sounds like people did well overall.
I had two separate two-day shows this weekend. Thanks to my awesome hubby, I could do both. He staffed one show all by himself and I did the other.
Saturday was very busy, Sunday less but did well overall.
The different shows had different best sellers.

He sold a lot of peppermint patties trios ($1.50) and other treat items.
I sold a lot of notebook/pen sets, tea bag gifts and Hershey kiss trees.
Both of us sold many of my mini magnet sets, magnetic calendars ($3) and all but 1 of Elf Pants, which I sold for $2.50 easily. Hot chocolate cones did well also.

I have 5 more shows, but these were my biggest ones.
I definitely have to make more inventory now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 12:16 PM   #545  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

I had two separate two-day shows this weekend. Thanks to my awesome hubby, I could do both. He staffed one show all by himself and I did the other.

Both of us sold many of my mini magnet sets, magnetic calendars ($3) and all but 1 of Elf Pants, which I sold for $2.50 easily. Hot chocolate cones did well also.

Wow, fantastic job!!! Whew, 5 more shows, I'm freaking out at only 2 more, lol. Good for you :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 12:27 PM   #546  
Pearl-ExPert

I could never do as many shows as Diane does. Unless i was way better organized!

Diane- your elf legs are shorter. Do you cut the bag in half or do you fold it over?

MY GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #547  
Gallery Gazer

Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

Quote:

I give you credit for sticking it out till 4 pm. That is probably my biggest pet peeve with craft shows, when it is slow and vendors pack up early. Not fair to those who maybe cannot come to shop until the end of the day. Nor is it fair to the crafter who is still inside waiting for that buyer, who might never get out of their car when they see people taking their goods away early. I figure I planned to be there all day whether sales are good or not.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 04:06 PM   #548  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

OK Diane....I am now hooked on magnets. I sold allot of these at both my shows. Replenishing is first thing on my list since I enjoy making them. I'm already planning on expanding these for next year. I love the way you packaged a group of them and wanted to make sure you didn't mind if I used your idea.

Congrats on your shows.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 04:38 PM   #549  
Pearl-ExPert

Yeah, I think it stinks to leave early too. Or don't show up. And you're right, if I was coming to shop and saw vendors leaving, I wouldn't go in.

Those magnets are addicting aren't they! I made some two years ago and I'm still selling from that bunch. I don't package mine, just let them pick. 3 for $2. I can't believe how well they sell and how much profit you make on them. really one of the best ideas for craft shows. and don't be stingy on the magnet, everyone I sell they test that magnet. 'Sick of magnets falling from the fridge' comments constantly. Mine stick, even when I dump the tray over and shake them - they won't fall off.

MY GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 04:53 PM   #550  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Yeah, I think it stinks to leave early too. Or don't show up. And you're right, if I was coming to shop and saw vendors leaving, I wouldn't go in.

Those magnets are addicting aren't they! I made some two years ago and I'm still selling from that bunch. I don't package mine, just let them pick. 3 for $2. I can't believe how well they sell and how much profit you make on them. really one of the best ideas for craft shows. and don't be stingy on the magnet, everyone I sell they test that magnet. 'Sick of magnets falling from the fridge' comments constantly. Mine stick, even when I dump the tray over and shake them - they won't fall off.
This is one thing I have never made for shows...maybe next year. Right now I'm starting to panic that I don't have enough product for Saturday's show. Hate that feeling.

And congrats to all the ladies who had good sales this past weekend!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 05:04 PM   #551  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 89 Likes on 59 Posts

Sometimes those last minute sales are very lucrative, as people who have been hesitating realize its now or never.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 05:08 PM   #552  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 829 Likes on 336 Posts

Diane and Jenn so glad you had good shows!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #553  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnoxView Post
OK Diane....I am now hooked on magnets. I sold allot of these at both my shows. Replenishing is first thing on my list since I enjoy making them. I'm already planning on expanding these for next year. I love the way you packaged a group of them and wanted to make sure you didn't mind if I used your idea.

Congrats on your shows.
Yes, they are fun to make.

I don't mind if you are using my idea for inspiration and not copying my designs. No problem.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 07:11 PM   #554  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

I could never do as many shows as Diane does. Unless i was way better organized!

Diane- your elf legs are shorter. Do you cut the bag in half or do you fold it over?
Yes. Bags are cut in half. I only did this though because I made the legs using jellybeans than were already in sticks from summer, and I needed to spread them out a bit.
They are Starburst jellybeans which are smaller than standard jellybeans.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 07:39 PM   #555  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Yes. Bags are cut in half. I only did this though because I made the legs using jellybeans than were already in sticks from summer, and I needed to spread them out a bit.
They are Starburst jellybeans which are smaller than standard jellybeans.

did you use both sides of the bags then - one would be sealed and the other would have the sticky tape to seal? I kind of like the smaller legs - maybe with mint M&M which are bigger than regular ones.

MY GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 08:06 PM   #556  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 670 Likes on 422 Posts

found ya :mrgreen:

( OK most of you know I only do one booth and its mainly only one of a kind cards, and gift tags...) this year ventured out into some 3-d things ( the school did a spring one and it was OK for a first year booth but, not even close to as good as the one that is always held the weekend before Thanksgiving...)

anyways, the last 10 days I have been making gift cards like a fool. ( an one track mule fool ) and today I "remembered" I bought some of those M's metal keys a year or two ago ( never got around to altering them) and did so today. ( here is some mug shots...)

Prices??? ( these keys had cost 1.50 each if I remember right) do you think 4.00 would be good?
Attached Thumbnails
2013 Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-4keybelieve-jbgreenawn.jpg   2013 Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-20keybelievepack-jbgreenawn.jpg  

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2013, 04:35 AM   #557  
Polyshrink Goddess

My sale went better than I thought this weekend. On Saturday, I was like "I didn't do as well as last year" but then when I went home and counted my millions (lol) I did way better than last year! I thought I didn't do well because I was selling higher priced items, therefore it seemed like nothing was leaving my table! lol

I made up clear paint cans with manicure sets, a loofa and hand sanitizer. Sold those for $10 each and they were my best seller. Then the nugget cello bags, popcorn snowmen, magnet gift sets and gift card holders.

Sunday was slower than last year but at the end one of the other vendor ladies came over and bought all the candy sticks I had left over. There were 80 of them! Needless to say I had to make some more m&m ones for my sales this weekend!

Congrats to all who made it through their sales last weekend, good or bad!

Good luck to those that have sales this weekend! I have two, one on Saturday and one on Sunday.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2013, 04:50 AM   #558  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by threeteensView Post
My sale went better than I thought this weekend. On Saturday, I was like "I didn't do as well as last year" but then when I went home and counted my millions (lol) I did way better than last year! I thought I didn't do well because I was selling higher priced items, therefore it seemed like nothing was leaving my table! lol

I made up clear paint cans with manicure sets, a loofa and hand sanitizer. Sold those for $10 each and they were my best seller. Then the nugget cello bags, popcorn snowmen, magnet gift sets and gift card holders.

Sunday was slower than last year but at the end one of the other vendor ladies came over and bought all the candy sticks I had left over. There were 80 of them! Needless to say I had to make some more m&m ones for my sales this weekend!

Congrats to all who made it through their sales last weekend, good or bad!

Good luck to those that have sales this weekend! I have two, one on Saturday and one on Sunday.
Congrats on your sales this past week - that is awesome!!!! Good luck this next week :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2013, 06:28 AM   #559  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBgreendawnView Post
found ya :mrgreen:

( OK most of you know I only do one booth and its mainly only one of a kind cards, and gift tags...) this year ventured out into some 3-d things ( the school did a spring one and it was OK for a first year booth but, not even close to as good as the one that is always held the weekend before Thanksgiving...)

anyways, the last 10 days I have been making gift cards like a fool. ( an one track mule fool ) and today I "remembered" I bought some of those M's metal keys a year or two ago ( never got around to altering them) and did so today. ( here is some mug shots...)

Prices??? ( these keys had cost 1.50 each if I remember right) do you think 4.00 would be good?

Those are very cute. I did Santa keys one year too, but I have a hard time finding the keys. My keys came on a sheet of about 5-6, they were smaller than yours, paid less than them too, and I charged $3 and they sold very well. So I think $4 is not out of line.

Did you get the keys at Michael's then and were they in a bag or something - the only ones I found that one year were in scrapbooking and they were flat on one side for adhering to a project.

Good luck on your sale.

MY GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2013, 06:30 AM   #560  
Pearl-ExPert

Good job everyone on your sales! and thanks for posting what worked and what kind of worked!

MY GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes