Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #481  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my 2nd show yesterday......Brought in $163 so I was happy! My biggest seller was my duck dynasty candy.....I wrapped 4 nuggets in camo paper...put them in a clear long bag and put a tag "Duck the Halls"

I also sold a bunch of cards @ $2.00 each and Christmas tags @ $1 for a pack of 3-5. I also sold a lot of banners @ $8 each

My next show is not until December 7, so I have some time to work on some more things...I am going to focus on more cards, tags, duck dynasty, banners etc. Also, I'm going to make some "mint" items that say BE MERRY....one letter on each mint....will post a pic when I get them done.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #482  
Kookie Creator

QUESTION: I had a friend of mine question collegiate stickers on my candy stix at my craft show table yesterday. I put M-M's in a 1x8 cello bag with a topper and on some of them, I had collegiate stickers (KU, KSU etc.) she asked if I had copyrights to use their stuff and if not, they could take everything I own....

I guess my thought is.....if I buy a sticker with their logo on it, it's fine to use.....otherwise we could get into LOTS of copyright issues....

What are your thoughts???????

Last edited by deansgal; 11-03-2013 at 02:39 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #483  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by deansgalView Post
QUESTION: I had a friend of mine question collegiate stickers on my candy stix at my craft show table yesterday. I put M-M's in a 1x8 cello bag with a topper and on some of them, I had collegiate stickers (KU, KSU etc.) she asked if I had copyrights to use their stuff and if not, they could take everything I own....

I guess my thought is.....if I buy a sticker with their logo on it, it's fine to use.....otherwise we could get into LOTS of copyright issues....

What are your thoughts???????
I would think that if you bought their sticker, then you can use it! but I'm not 100% sure. But I am pretty sure, that they aren't checking out craft shows to find people using their logo without permission ;) So I wouldn't worry about it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2013, 04:23 PM   #484  
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to alicaz

on my show yesterday people were selling Maple Leaf blankets and rice packs sewn from fabrics with other team logos too.. nobody seemed to mind....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2013, 09:11 PM   #485  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

re: copyright issues

I have also heard that Hershey doesn't mind people wrapping their nuggets in paper but they don't want people using sticker labels because it completely covers the Hershey brand name.
Heck - I bet their sales have increased a lot since crafters have been making candy bar snowman and nugget treats!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2013, 09:11 PM   #486  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by alicazView Post
on my show yesterday people were selling Maple Leaf blankets and rice packs sewn from fabrics with other team logos too.. nobody seemed to mind....
How did your show go??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2013, 11:51 PM   #487  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 105 Likes on 82 Posts

This wasn't at a sale, but judging from the oohs and aahs at our event, I bet it would sell:

Archiver?s

Now, you'll have to figure out the price point.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2013, 04:53 AM   #488  
Matboard Maniac

Hi everyone, I made these Christmas ornamenst for a "Art under $100.00" sale coming up soon. I don't know what to ask for them. I was thinking $5.00, too much? I have more different ones, but no pictures yet. Thanks all
Attached Thumbnails
2013 Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-002.jpg   2013 Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-007.jpg   2013 Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-008.jpg   2013 Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-004.jpg   2013 Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-012.jpg  

Last edited by anitawill1; 11-04-2013 at 04:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2013, 05:58 AM   #489  
Glitter Guru

Anitawill1, these are GORGEOUS! I think $5 is not too much to start at. It looks like a lot of work and you have some very beautiful elements on these, such as the gems and flowers. These are items that can be used again and again, so no, I don't think $5 is too much for all the work that went in to these.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2013, 05:59 AM   #490  
Glitter Guru

Does anyone else set up their displays in their house or am I the only nutcase?? LOL
I did a mock set up on Saturday because I have such limited space this coming weekend and so much stuff to sell! I think I have it down hopefully.....

Sounds like everyone had a great weekend with shows....congrats!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2013, 07:02 AM   #491  
Matboard Maniac

Default repy

I do that also, don't have the time to do it the day of the fair.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2013, 07:12 AM   #492  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc magnoliaView Post
Someone asked about pricing the snowman vandy bars. I sold mine for $4 last year and sold out of them. I'm trying to determine a price for these kiss trees. I made 40 of them. They are a good bit of work, I was thinking $4 also comparing them to the snowmen, but then I think 3$ might be better. What do y'all think?
Attachment 284955

Attachment 284956

I had 25 of the kisses trees at my sale this weekend, and sold them all in the first hour! I had $3.00 on them, since I had gotten the kisses at $2.50 a bag. Now I need to start working on more for my one on the 23rd! :-)

Maria
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #493  
Pearl-ExPert

Anitawill1, can't help you much with the pricing but your ornaments are gorgeous!

Had my first sale on Saturday - nothing spectacular. It was like other years. The weather was really bad - windy, stormy and power outage - which probably led to less traffic. If that was true then I did well As always my banner did well, sold most of my thanksgiving banners. The travel tissue pouches sold well. There were many items which didn't sell at all - hot cider packets, shower gel gift pack and bookmarks. Every single person looked at the bookmarks and laughed at the puns but none bought them.

Will post pics in my gallery soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2013, 08:48 AM   #494  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Trees

Quote:

Originally Posted by MLH1966View Post
I had 25 of the kisses trees at my sale this weekend, and sold them all in the first hour! I had $3.00 on them, since I had gotten the kisses at $2.50 a bag. Now I need to start working on more for my one on the 23rd! :-)

Maria
These are adorable. Going on my list for next year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #495  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Craft Show pics

Pictures from my first show. Pics where taken after set-up on the night before the show. Show went well. Best sellers snowman tea light(last yr sold 1..this year 24. Christmas stockings..sold out. Lots and lots of magnets(first year at show). And minions where very popular. And as I thought...Snowman Hugs. We tiss-ue a Merry Christmas and Snowman hats. Attached are pics. If they don't show, they are posted in my gallery. My best show is next Sat and it is a very small show at a church. Hope it's as good as the last 2 years.

Bad sellers where the little mints I told you I make every year and sell out. Upped the price and didn't sell 1. I'm going to go back to last years price. Picture frame sticky note pads..again didn't sell 1. These where never a big seller for me but I did make a few of them. Another item that didn't sell where blue, white and silver gum balls packaged with blue and white snowflakes.
Attached Thumbnails
2013 Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-1101131941a.jpg   2013 Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-1101131942_0001.jpg   2013 Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-show-pic-2013-whole-table.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2013, 09:48 AM   #496  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnoxView Post
Picture frame sticky note pads..again didn't sell 1.
Same for me - I didn't sell even one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2013, 10:11 AM   #497  
Matboard Maniac

Looking for the snowman download from Laura Furnell for the Hersey bar. It is no longer available on her site. I really wanted to make some of these for a church mission craft fair. Anybody got ideas how to get it? Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #498  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Lots and lots of magnets(first year at show). And minions where very popular.
Yayyy!! They finally worked for you then? What did you end up selling them for?

Your display looks great. I really like your metal wire tilting baskets. Where did you get those? Looks like lots of product fit in them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #499  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by kymomView Post
Looking for the snowman download from Laura Furnell for the Hersey bar. It is no longer available on her site. I really wanted to make some of these for a church mission craft fair. Anybody got ideas how to get it? Thanks for your help.
I posted jpg of it on this thread a few days ago for someone else.
Have a look
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2013, 02:55 PM   #500  
FiP
Kookie Creator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

kspiv - Kelly, each year I set up all my stuff on tables for a practice run. This way, I can see how much I can fit on the tables, what I need still to price or make signs for, and what baskets etc I can use to display with. I absolutely couldn't go to a show without a practice first, as it takes me way too long to figure it all out. I jot down the items I have on each table to make it quicker when setting up on the day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2013, 03:58 PM   #501  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by kymomView Post
Send me an email [email protected] I have the file.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2013, 01:13 AM   #502  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Craft show display

Quote:

Originally Posted by DianeCraftView Post
Yayyy!! They finally worked for you then? What did you end up selling them for?

Your display looks great. I really like your metal wire tilting baskets. Where did you get those? Looks like lots of product fit in them.
It turns out the circle images I was using were made with a glossy finish paper. Once I printed on regular card stock all went well. Both the glues you recommended worked and the one I originally used also worked. I sold them for 1.00 or 6 for 5.00. The majority of people purchased the 6 for 5.00. I made close to 50.00 on the magnets. I'm glad I added them to my table. Once you start making them you can't stop. Thanks again for your help. I did find the 1" circles images where slightly bigger than the 1" marbles. Once they were glued I had to cut off the overhang. Do you have this problem?

The metal display is a pastry rack. I can't remember the name of the place I purchase it but it was a online restaurant supply site. When searching I found allot of sites carried them and there's a number of different sizes available. There's a better pic of it in my gallery. When not being used as a craft display I use it to hold my punches. It's was a little pricey but well worth every penny. I was able to display 6 different craft items(depending on the size of the items you could display more). This eliminated 6 separate display pieces I had to carry. I'm all for carrying less and I'm always on the look out for multi purpose pieces. Anyone else have a display piece they like?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2013, 01:48 AM   #503  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

It turns out the circle images I was using were made with a glossy finish paper. Once I printed on regular card stock all went well. Both the glues you recommended worked and the one I originally used also worked. I sold them for 1.00 or 6 for 5.00. The majority of people purchased the 6 for 5.00. I made close to 50.00 on the magnets. I'm glad I added them to my table. Once you start making them you can't stop. Thanks again for your help. I did find the 1" circles images where slightly bigger than the 1" marbles. Once they were glued I had to cut off the overhang. Do you have this problem?
I don't use the circle punch to cut images. I glue them right onto the paper or purchased images, then cut around each magnet individually. But...I am a perfectionist. I hate to have any paper hanging off. The scissors do really hurt your fingers though so you can't make too many at one sitting.
I use the super strong neo magnets so my prices are higher. I charge $2-$2.50 each, depending on the market.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #504  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Washi Tape Candles!

Was cruising around looking for Christmas gift ideas, and found this easy cute project. Thought it might work for any of you gals needing something different and quick for your shows. I'm going to make some for gifts.

http://www.happinessishomemade.net/2...-tape-candles/

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2013, 09:42 AM   #505  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 826 Likes on 336 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by anitawill1View Post
Hi everyone, I made these Christmas ornamenst for a "Art under $100.00" sale coming up soon. I don't know what to ask for them. I was thinking $5.00, too much? I have more different ones, but no pictures yet. Thanks all
Those are GORGEOUS!! In my area, you could sell those for $8 all day long :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #506  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 826 Likes on 336 Posts

I can't decide if I should bake some date nut muffins to put in these or sell them empty.
2013 Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-iw-51120131345333.jpg

2013 Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-iw-1102013214428681.jpg
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2013, 10:45 AM   #507  
Glitter Guru

Diane...I am glad you asked Knox about those baskets....I was going to also! I looked online and found many different kinds. Displays2go has them. I had ordered a card rack from them one time. Their prices didn't look too bad and it looked like very nice quality. The show I need it most for is on saturday and sunday, and to get it in 2 days, shipping was more than the actual rack cost! LOL So I guess I will order one but not pay the 2 day shipping on it.

Knox, your display is simply beautiful and glad you did well at your show!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2013, 10:48 AM   #508  
Glitter Guru

Carole, either way, those are beautiful!! You could always try something pre-made if baking is too much to do before a big show.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2013, 02:36 PM   #509  
Stampin' Fool

I did up a new version of my tooth fairy tins yesterday. This is an item I am very proud of as I created it myself. Sorry I can't share exactly what's inside though. I don't want them to be copied easily. Details and a pic are on my Facebook page
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2013, 03:34 AM   #510  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

I can't decide if I should bake some date nut muffins to put in these or sell them empty.
Attachment 285084

Attachment 285085
I would sell them empty. They are gorgeous!

My Facebook page Live Love Stamp
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2013, 03:37 AM   #511  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by DianeCraftView Post
I did up a new version of my tooth fairy tins yesterday. This is an item I am very proud of as I created it myself. Sorry I can't share exactly what's inside though. I don't want them to be copied easily. Details and a pic are on my Facebook page
They are so cute! I was looking at your set up...what did you use to display your marble magnets? Is that just a sheet of metal?

My Facebook page Live Love Stamp
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2013, 08:25 AM   #512  
Pearl-ExPert

I've finally uploaded photos from my craft fair to my Gallery: Stampin Up! Gallery: 2013 Craft fairs - Page 1 - Cards & More - Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2013, 08:29 AM   #513  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by smritiView Post
I've finally uploaded photos from my craft fair to my Gallery: Stampin Up! Gallery: 2013 Craft fairs - Page 1 - Cards & More - Splitcoaststampers
Everything looks great - love your banners!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2013, 10:52 AM   #514  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 89 Likes on 59 Posts
Default 2013 Craft sale Best Sellers

Quote:

Attachment 285084

Attachment 285085
Have you ever heard of "Over the Edge" cookie cutters? I discovered them for the first time today. They are assorted shapes of cookies with a cut out so that they sit on the edge of your cup.....stinking cute. I picked up a couple of shapes for myself.

So having said that why not sell your boxes empty, but maybe package up some cookies separately ( if your sale allows food items) for sale. This gives the customer the option of making the cookies them selves or saying " what the heck, I wont have to bake" lol

In fact I thought this type of cookie or in fact any other would go well with packets of tea or cocoa.Just to maximize your sale.

Lovely job on the box, I make all my own boxes as pretty packaging is my fav thing to do.I think I will have to make some of these over the edge cookies, they could also be baked and put into a mug with one on the edge, and then put into a cello bag so the recipient knows that they are.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #515  
Pearl-ExPert

I uploaded my elf and turkey legs to my gallery if you want to take a peek. I think they are adorable!

Love the box Carole and the tooth fairy boxes are cute Diane. And thanks everyone for showing set ups that you have done. It really helps everyone in figuring out the best way to do things.

I have two sales coming up this weekend, Sat and Sun and I am hopefully ready. Still working on restocking some things that sold at the last sale. But now I am getting a cold so that's not great. All I want to do is curl in a ball and sleep and sleep. And work has been insane this week! Haven't even had a lunch hour to do any crafting in. And I was really relying on that! oh well.

Hope you all do great at your upcoming sales too.

MY GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #516  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by threeteensView Post
They are so cute! I was looking at your set up...what did you use to display your marble magnets? Is that just a sheet of metal?
It is a metal bulletin board. I bought it as Ikea a few years ago. It is good and displays tall but sometimes can be too big. I wish it was half the size.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2013, 12:03 PM   #517  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by smritiView Post
Your items look great! Very nice packaging also.
What sold well for you?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2013, 12:06 PM   #518  
Stampin' Fool

Today, I am wrapping and giving hats/scarves to 200 chocolate bars and 60 popcorn.
I hate that it feels like "work" when you are getting down to crunch time.
Thankfully, I am off work today and tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2013, 12:12 PM   #519  
Pearl-ExPert

The Dollar Stores have big round metal platters (or maybe cookie sheets?) and they have smaller trays too. I use those for my magnets. With a picture holder, again from the dollar store. Dollar Stores are kind of nice for crafters!

MY GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #520  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrussomView Post
I uploaded my elf and turkey legs to my gallery if you want to take a peek. I think they are adorable!
Yes they're! Hope you sell boat loads of them
Reply With Quote Likes