Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
~MMTPT#250~ May 14, 2013 All that food you will trash, you will ruin the bash!
WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING TEAPARTY
AND CHALLENGE #250
All That Food You Will Trash, You Will Ruin the Bash!
Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!
This is my story!
1. Yes, party season is back in swing! It isn't just Teapotters flinging saucers and broken cookies at May Festivals and garden parties - hostesses everywhere are polishing silver and tweaking guests lists.
2. Merry Soiree is renowned for her hospitality. A ladies luncheon, a wonderful Sunday brunch or her divine dinner parties are the most coveted ticket in her social circle. An adept cook, Merry effortlessly mixes the right guests, the right menu and the right wine. Her guests gush for days about her latest gastronomic adventure.
3. Evi En Panne was a classmate of Merry's back in the day. Evi was never one to make overtures to welcome others into her life and spoke only to those who spoke to her first. Though she and Merry still lived in the same small town, Evi never keep in touch with Merry. She did however hear through the grapevine about the social gatherings at the Soiree household...and felt left out.
4. When Merry and her husband had an big anniversary coming up, she decided to invite all of their friends. This particularly lavish affair had the whole town abuzz, and Evi finally broke down. She couldn't bear to be on the outside yet again. Evi visited all of the provisioners in town, buying up the finest roasts, the best cheeses, the most exotic produce and the most exquisite wines, leaving the shelves bare for the unknowing Merry. Better to throw away perfectly good food than to allow Merry another culinary coup!
5. Merry's pre-event shopping trip became a disaster! All of the markets apologized, but could offer no goods. Merry's party was sure to be a dud with nothing to serve her many guests. Don't buy it all Evi, you'll sink the festivity! All that food you will trash, you will ruin the bash!
6. You guessed it Teapotters, your help is needed to keep Merry's guests sated. Find food, bring wine - or anything else that a good hostess might need.
Here is a particularly hospitable song to inspire you:
CHALLENGE TRANSLATION : Bring cards that have elements of food, wine or hospitality.
EPEC ~ (EXTRA POINTS FOR EXTRA COOKIES!) Include an hint of romance with the food & wine to help to celebrate an upcoming anniversary.
This week our destination is Winnipeg, MB Canada. If you would like a destination for your card, how about sending it to Marie. Marie was brought to our attention by SCSer and faithful Teapotter VickyDee . Marie has been Vicky's best friend for years and has recently had a series of medical problems.
To find out more details as well as get the address to mail your card, please visit Post #349 in the Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread.
Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is totally 100% voluntary!
Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT250 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!
Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given Sheri (KSNurse) permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Saturday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send her a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater!
If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!
My time is not mine to have, but mine to share
Proud Fan Club member
Marzi, Punchkateer Apprentice - why use 1 when you can use 2? or 8?
Here's a whole vineyard for the party. This gives you venue and wine. Unfortunately this is not going to the destination this week, I will send one from my stash. We have some very dear neighbours who have just bought a vineyard in the Okanagan BC and this is for their going away party. If you look at the bottle in tiny print it says "Chateau Arnett", that is their surname. HERE it is.
Challenges I participate in: Inspirational Challenge, Sketch Challenge, Inspirational Challenge, Free 4 All Challenge, Queen for the Day Challenge, Feature Stamper, Color Challenge, Ways to Use It, Try a New Technique and I am a proud Tea-Potter Challenge participant.
__________________ Mary ~~ Proud Fan Club Member ~~ QFTD #152 CC Guest Design Team Member for October 2012 & August 2013 2014 CAS Spring Design Team Member SC Guest Design Team 2015 SU Consultant "Life's greatest adventure is finding your place in the Circle of Life" - Lion King