Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Teapot Tuesdays (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/teapot-tuesdays-f260/)
-   -   MMTPT232 ~ January 8, 2013 ~ Oh Myrtle, Good Heavens - Your Garden's Uneven (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/teapot-tuesdays-f260/mmtpt232-%7E-january-8-2013-%7E-oh-myrtle-good-heavens-your-gardens-uneven-t566647.html)

momof5sons 01-02-2013 06:42 PM

MMTPT232 ~ January 8, 2013 ~ Oh Myrtle, Good Heavens - Your Garden's Uneven

3 Attachment(s)
WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING TEAPARTY
AND CHALLENGE #232

Oh Myrtle, Good Heavens - Your Garden's Uneven

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!

This is my story!

1. Myrtle McChesney's garden was always the talk of the town. Her crocus sprouted earlier and with more vigor and her mums remained vibrant later into autumn than any in Garden City. Every day, rain or shine Myrtle could be seen weeding, cultivating, pruning and otherwise nurturing her charges. Generous to a fault, Myrtle would share blooms with anyone who was shut-in, under the weather or just in need of some cheer.

2. Whilst on a mission to deliver blooms one day, Myrtle was dinged as she crossed the street. Her hand was shattered and she underwent surgery and rehabilitation, all the while dreaming of her wonderful plots. Well meaning neighbors chipped in, pulling a straggly plant here and trimming a dying bloom there, but no one had the knowledge that Myrtle had acquired over a lifetime of toiling in the soil.

3. When Myrtle finally arrived home she went into a tailspin. Wild carrot and chamomile had invaded her perennials. The foliage from spring bulbs was flattened and tattered. Misguided acquaintances had scattered annual seed here and there in random fashion making everything seem unbalanced and out of proportion. Oh Myrtle, good heavens - your garden's uneven! You need some assistance to bring back your haven!

Here is some musical inspiration. Though he is no longer with us, the song sung by John Denver in a episode of the Muppet Show seems especially poignant to me:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D3FkaN0HQgs?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CHALLENGE TRANSLATION:
Bring flowers of any sort - a single bloom, an arrangement or a whole garden full with a "thinking of you" message.

EPEC ~ (EXTRA POINTS FOR EXTRA COOKIES!)
Bring a butterfly or two as the symbol of rebirth.

DESTINATION STATION:
This week our destination is San Antonio, Texas. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to Sherry? Sherry was brought to our attention by fellow SCSer and faithful Teapotter, Phyllis ( SparklePlenty 1000 ). Sherry is the life-long friend of Phyllis and is struggling with the loss of her husband last year in a tragic accident and limitations of her own from injuries she sustained herself.
For the address to mail your cards to as well as some more information about Sherry's circumstances, please visit Post #331 in the Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is totally 100% voluntary!

Here is my card .

Here is a Quick Link to the Teapot Tuesday #232 Challenge Gallery .

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT232 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? Join the
Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and receive an email with the challenge the Saturday before the Tuesday of the challenge. You girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send Ksnurse a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!

mother's daughter 01-07-2013 08:34 PM

Here's my card for Sherry

MMTPT232 Myrtle's Garden by mother's daughter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

artystamper 01-07-2013 08:37 PM

Here's my flower card for Sherry: MMTPT232 A Think of You Flower by artystamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I love rubber 01-07-2013 11:07 PM

Thanks Kathy for sticking by me. Here I am after 8 months and thanks to you I am finally motivated to come back to the tea parties. My craft room is in reasonable order now and I could find most of the things I was looking for. The worst thing was I was all thumbs tying the little bow and I used to be able to tie much smaller ones than this. Oh well I'm sure it will all come back with a bit of practise. This week's recipient really saddened me. Having just done the whole retirement move thing, I know how exciting it is to buy your dream retirement home and then to have it all taken away from you so suddenly, well I just don't know how you cope. Hopefully our cards will bring a spot of joy. Here is my card.

wendy2512 01-08-2013 01:12 AM

" Flowers for Sherry "

Here are some more colorful flowers for Sherry.... flowers for Sherry

Ksnurse 01-08-2013 04:14 AM

wow...seein a lot of pretty cards already....will have to leave lovin after work but here is my springy greeting...Thx so much Marie for the fun teaparty this week...

MMTPT#232, Tulips for Sherry by Ksnurse - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Clownmom 01-08-2013 04:23 AM

And yet some more flowers for Sherry -- Daisies in the Butterfly Garden .

Missro 01-08-2013 05:16 AM

Wow, lots of beautiful flowers in the gallery for Sherry! Here's my card.

redi2stamp 01-08-2013 05:30 AM

Sherry's card by redi2stamp - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Twinlynn 01-08-2013 05:36 AM

Wow, lots of pretty flowers already for Sherry in the gallery! Here is my card.

Sunny Thoughts by Twinlynn - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Lynn

Precious Kitty 01-08-2013 06:38 AM

This was fun!

I love making cards that have flowers on them. This is my take for this week.

MMTPT232: For Sherry

jdmommy 01-08-2013 07:16 AM

Here's mine: Both Way Roses

mamaxsix 01-08-2013 09:45 AM

Haven't come to the party in quite a while, but here's my Very Soft Ripple of Thoughts

smadson 01-08-2013 01:21 PM

Here is my card . But I didn't realize it was supposed to be a thinking of you card. :oops: I used the inspiration from your wonderful story to make a birthday card for my DD.

Thank you Marie for the challenge.
:)
Sharon

jojot 01-08-2013 01:25 PM

here is my

MORNING GLORY

thanks for looking

philsmom 01-08-2013 04:50 PM

Here is my card for Sherry

susie australia 01-08-2013 09:34 PM

Here is my first ever Teapot Tuesday card. After reading Sherry's story I knew I had to become a Teapotter. I've got off to a bad start though, I forgot to add the butterfly!! I will put butterflies in the envelope before I post this to Sherry. Tomorrow I am going out to buy a fun teapot in honor of becoming a Teapotter.
Here is my card for Sherry. Thinking of Sherry by susie australia - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

stamp300 01-08-2013 11:53 PM

YCDI-1 MMTPT332 Quilled Bouquet by stamp300 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Here's my 1st card for the Teapot Tuesday. Thanks to Susie Australia for pointing it out when she made a comment on my card.

cvheart2 01-09-2013 06:43 AM

Bloomin' Beautiful - Card for Sherry

Here is my card for Sherry. What a wonderful RAK thing to do for someone. Helping to brighten someone's day always brightens mine!

Bloomin' Beautiful Heart

Deb Dukes

va.sunshine 01-09-2013 08:03 AM

are the keywords numbers 232 or 332, it states both in the title and post?

etsdas 01-09-2013 10:05 AM

Phyllis, you are such a faithful teapotter - it is a pleasure to send a floral card to your friend. I hope she will find some much needed cheer.
Thanks to all who keep this challenge going. My participation has been somewhat neglected lately - I will try to do better!
MMTPT232; VLVJan2013 (Wk2) by etsdas - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

yellowrose46 01-09-2013 10:32 AM

Here's my card for Sherry.

raduse 01-09-2013 01:34 PM

Coming in the back door thanks to another migraine, however here's my card: br Remember Black Eyed Susans by raduse - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

crystaldolphins 01-09-2013 04:16 PM

fairsinger 01-10-2013 07:29 PM

I'm late to the party, but I finally made it! Here's my Poppies for Sherry

susie australia 01-10-2013 10:51 PM

Amy your card is gorgeous.

fairsinger 01-10-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie australia (Post 19935541)
Amy your card is gorgeous.

Thank you, Susie! :D

sue28 01-11-2013 02:59 PM

MMTPT232

My Basket of Flowers for Sherry card -

MMTPT232, QFTD147 Basket of Flowers by sue28 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

gabalot 01-11-2013 07:48 PM

My card for Sherry:

MMTPT232 THINKING OF EWE for SHERRY by gabalot - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Thank YOU for looking! :)

scrappinmama72inpa 01-12-2013 08:50 AM

You gotta love John Denver, right? Thanks for the blast from the past. I was actually able to participate in the challenge this week. So, here's my card:

High Heeled Blessing